Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 15, 2019 10:14 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I have to admit, Yuko has a lot of courage to actually dive into Momo's mind. A lot of character bonding between them.

Aug 15, 2019 11:40 AM

Aug 2012
Why did the gate open so loudly, it fucking startled me! And i can never get tired of Shamiko transforming to her battle form.

''The time hath come.''
Aug 15, 2019 12:52 PM

Jun 2017
Yeah..that's really Shamiko like to break a seal without even knowing it lol. Now Lilith can talk in the outside world :D.
Aug 15, 2019 1:06 PM

Jul 2015
Yuuko fills me with happiness, seeing her take care of Momo was so cute... and she made the plot progress unintentionally in the process.

Seeing the nightmare Momo was having it looks more and more that she had it very rough in the past, no wonder she wants to keep the peace going on in the city.
Aug 15, 2019 1:47 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well that was interesting. We might actually see a bit of a change in direction in the plot after this. It's not that common for these kind of moe comedies to actually have significant plot points like that so I guess we'll just have to wait and see what they do with it moving onwards
Aug 15, 2019 2:48 PM

Jul 2008
I was really dying to see Shamiko make some real progress with the seal. I'm super happy this actually happened, and really naturally but still excitedly!

Though I feel like it'll take a while for her to get more blood to further the unsealing process. In the mean time let's enjoy the plot development :D

Aug 15, 2019 3:03 PM

Nov 2016
Regarding the piece in the city, after this episode I wouldn't surprised if a big threat appears towards the end.

Good episode, maybe not quite as funny, but we got some solid progress on the relationship front between Shamiko and Momo.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 15, 2019 6:00 PM

Apr 2008
Animeonly here. Just noticed while watching the ED Shamiko is not with her family, Anri's there with Shamimom and Ryouko instead. Now I'm incredibly suspicious: she looks similar to them, which at first I thought it was just her being kind of a "mob" character, but now that I'm thinking about it, Shamiko looks nothing like the rest of her family. And Shamimom in previous episodes hinted about something involving Shamiko's origin. Not to mention in this episode, Anri just casually blurts out lines that hints she knows much more about Shamiko's circumstances than she ought to know as an outsider, even if we consider demons and magical girls are an everyday occurence in this universe.

Leaving that aside, another great episode. Shamiko's ability to find a phone box in this day and age is incredible and at least deserves a mention :D
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this signature is unavailable in your region.
Aug 15, 2019 7:40 PM

Aug 2016
I hope that cat was voiced by Dio. They missed out on a great opportunity it if wasn't the same seiyuu.
Aug 15, 2019 8:51 PM

Jun 2019
The scene of Shamiko's Crisis Management Transformation seems like copy paste from previous episode. Why suddenly Shamiko wear her school uniform when she already wearing her night outfit?

I am so happy that Shamiko finally make a progress to unseal dark clan's power. But I think there is a miss scene from its manga. When Shamiko unseal dark clan's power, it's also unseal 40.000 yen per month curse.
Aug 15, 2019 9:03 PM

Mar 2018
Seeing Momo in such a weak state.. It's kinda weird? I didn't really get how Shamiko caused that situation in her dream cause it looked like she rather helped more than damaged Momo. Or was it not the dream and only the Cola thingy stuck?
Ancestor can talk now and we know more about the Seals of the Light clan. Let's see where this goes

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Aug 16, 2019 1:18 AM

Jul 2017
Shamiko's ancestor Lilith is still as convincing yet stupid. Don't know whether to pity her or not...

But in retrospect, we get to learn more about Momo, in her young, weakened form in the dream. Honestly, intercepting others' dreams causes nausea, in the form of Momo. Plot convenience perhaps? A working payphone? Wow that's rare in this day and age.

Cat: "The time hath come."
Literally no one ever...
@Spookie_Senpai hopefully it's true...

Instead of the usual, it's Shamiko taking care of Momo, but trespassing each other's houses needs permission, due to sheer luck on Shamiko's part to undo the seal of the Light Clan.

More heartwarming than comedy this episode, though inserts.
Aug 16, 2019 5:41 AM

Oct 2007
chibi Momo is so kawaii. Well, Shamiko helped clean up her dreams a bit.

did not expect Momo to become so weak. Good thing Shamiko and also Lilith (to a certain extent) are nice people. If this show was darker, Momo would be dead and drained of blood already.

Shamiko eat the bad tasting food cooked by a girl. I think this is a sort of trope in anime.. if you eat the badly cooked food, a girl would like you more?

I laughed when Yuko was hugging the cute cat. "the time hath come!"

And lastly, why did Momo say.. "don't think you've won".. ??
Aug 16, 2019 9:35 AM
Jan 2018
did she just realise they have been calling her Shamiko ???

"THE TIME HATH COME"
Aug 16, 2019 11:09 AM

Apr 2014

This cat is really funny.

The episode in general was ok and funny as usual. Momo is a really cunning magical girl, I like her.
Aug 16, 2019 11:17 AM

Nov 2013
She won her first battle without even realizing it. Shamiko Good Job !
Aug 16, 2019 5:39 PM

Oct 2007
ChloeVonEinzbern said:
Momo is a really cunning magical girl, I like her.

Momo able to blackmail Shamiko into protecting the town. :p

new mahou shoujo next week! :)
Aug 17, 2019 4:22 AM
May 2017
This episode has alot of characters bonding and development, Momo is rich but she can't probably taking care of herself and Shamiko being a good friend as always take care of Momo, the plot is also getting deeper which is very impressive for a comedy show.

gomennasai said:
Animeonly here. Just noticed while watching the ED Shamiko is not with her family, Anri's there with Shamimom and Ryouko instead. Now I'm incredibly suspicious: she looks similar to them, which at first I thought it was just her being kind of a "mob" character, but now that I'm thinking about it, Shamiko looks nothing like the rest of her family. And Shamimom in previous episodes hinted about something involving Shamiko's origin. Not to mention in this episode, Anri just casually blurts out lines that hints she knows much more about Shamiko's circumstances than she ought to know as an outsider, even if we consider demons and magical girls are an everyday occurence in this universe.

Leaving that aside, another great episode. Shamiko's ability to find a phone box in this day and age is incredible and at least deserves a mention :D

That's some good theory right there, came from an Animeonly person is even more impressive. If they weren't Shamiko's real family, then who was it? Are they still alive? Or they were defeated by Momo during her battle to save the world? Only the manga reader knows, haven't read it yet.

Aug 17, 2019 10:36 AM

Mar 2014
Wow finally the plot moves forward. I can't believe Momo got so sick from all that psychological healing. Looks like she's still sick next week! (and we finally meet the orange magical girl too!)

I always had a feeling the amount of blood to break/loosen the seal wasn't nearly as much as they were implying. Even a little bit from that scratch was enough to let the ancestor speak again. Although I can't believe how much magical power Momo lost from such a tiny cut!

The Time Hath Come.
Aug 17, 2019 11:21 AM

Oct 2007
Wow finally the plot moves forward. I can't believe Momo got so sick from all that psychological healing.

they've been building it nicely up to this point. indeed "the time hath come".
Aug 17, 2019 9:38 PM

Apr 2015
So many fucking lines. Almost O;9 first episode.
Aug 18, 2019 3:00 AM

May 2018
Shamiko's first win, finally. Although it must be done when the rival is in poor state. So, it's easy to weaken magic girl, just give them a bruise and swap the blood. Give them to ancestor for extra bonus.

And also, first time to see Momo say that defeat word.
Aug 18, 2019 4:40 PM

Jul 2015
Soo... the seal has been undone... so I guess she finally won the battle in a way, but Shamiko's work ain't done. Now what I want to know, is how much money they'll earn now that the seal has been broken... Also guess that Orange Girl should be showing up soon.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Aug 18, 2019 8:07 PM

May 2018
Lol part of the magic curse has been undone, entirely by accident.

Don't give up, Momo!

Funny I was starting to wonder when the orange girl would show up... and tada, there she is in the end!
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Aug 19, 2019 11:08 AM

Sep 2014
This is getting actually quite good. Momo is kinda like a dystopian magical girl. Lost all motivation and hope, does the bare minimum but is still strong compared to humans. Did she get sick from the dream? If so that ability is actually pretty strong.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Aug 20, 2019 5:38 PM
Jan 2019
What unexpected events, hahaha. I didn't think Shamiko would get Momo's blood so fast. Now the statue speaks.
How cute Shamiko looked after taking care of Momo ... although I can't believe she ate the hamburger, LOL 😂.

"The time has come," Why does it make me laugh so much? "

The phrase of the episode: "If you always live in fear that other people will see your skills, then you can never make progress in life."
Aug 21, 2019 3:30 PM

Apr 2013
It's kind of funny how Shamiko keeps messing up whatever she does. She tries "beating" Momo, only gets a faint smile off Momo after punching her. She tries helping Momo when she is ill, but she ends up harming her by accidentally giving Momo's blood to Lilith.

Curious to know more about Momo's source of negative emotions, her past, beeing unhappy beeing a magical girl and what happened to her family
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Aug 21, 2019 5:39 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
I thought that the purple muck might have been Momo's power or immunity or something, because after it got cleaned up, Momo ended up getting sick. Just a theory, but if it's true, then maybe cleaning that up was a bad idea?
Or did the bad diet/steak-making actually make her sick? I dunno I'm too dumb

Really nice to see Shamiko helping out Momo though. When she talks about improving I really do feel like she's been improving little by little heehee
The cat was cute too!

Hurts a bit to see Momo talk about something real like losing motivation. At least she seems happy at the idea of Yuuko helping her! Maybe cuz she doesn't want to be a magical girl anymore? Or the only one to protect the city?
I dunno, just feels good to see a wholesome anime
Aug 23, 2019 5:58 AM

Oct 2017
Another funny and cute episode. So Momo is sick huh, that sure was surprising considering how healthy she is. lol Shamiko took her blood and gave it to her ancestor without even noticing it, that's so like her. Also nice the poor ancestor can finally talk normally instead of connecting with Yuuko's conciousness and damn Shamiko looks so hot in her demon outfit.
Sep 3, 2019 6:00 AM

Sep 2010
"If you always live in fear of other people seeing your weaknesses, then you'll never be able to make any progress in life." - nice line from Shamiko / Yuko. o.o
Sep 30, 2019 5:22 AM

Aug 2018
Yuuko even used one of her last money to call to school for Momo.. Good girl, but poor girl.. ;/
I guess, Momo could cook regularly for Yuuko as a wife or something, and Yuuko would be fine with even the worst food.. ;p
Momo coming for dinners is very nice as well.. ;p Though, Yuuko's family is poor, but I guess Momo could pay for her part or something..
Well, maybe balance is now destroyed.. But what balance it was really?.. Yuuko's family really had to live miserable life, and White Clan was just completely ok with it.. Though, it seems that Yuuko's family now might be in danger, but still this White Clan should have made things different previously, rather than just continue living prosper life, while you make suffer other family for things they never did, but they ancestors did.. It was bullshit, to be honest..
Oct 6, 2019 11:09 AM

Mar 2017
I never expected the a talking cat and a statue for this episode.

Come to think of it, if the statue was just lying there, doesn't that mean this would be the 2nd time shamiko forgot to bring the statue?
Oct 26, 2019 5:50 PM
Nov 2008
The localization team really butchered the line with Momo's house code! (56562)

They put in "Live Chicks n' Jive Tricks Wahoo." It took me a while to figure out what the hell that even meant. I guess it's just supposed to rhyme.

In the original its "goro goro nya-chan" essentially the onomatopoeia for either purring or something to the effect of "rolly rolly kitty." Which is tonally WAY different from the over localized version. 56562 is spelled out "GO ROku GO ROku Ni."

They could have gone with something like "Furry Silly Furry Silly Tabby-cat." In english a mnemonic doesn't have to rhyme. Typically only the first letter needs to match.

Also, the number is only in one still shot of the episode. Edit over it and put in a number suitable for an English joke.
sketchesofpayneOct 26, 2019 6:12 PM
Nov 11, 2019 10:08 AM
Jul 2018
Holy fuwah, tiny Momo is so cute and came as a surprise, i thought Shamiko landed on one of Momo's other magical friend.
Feb 13, 2020 11:30 AM

Nov 2013
Momo's dream was quite disturbing. Being a magical girl isn't all fun and games (obviously).

Seeing the roles between Momo and Yuko being reversed was nice and funny. Especially how Yuko whispered her usual line.

Partially undoing the seal by accident, Yuko is as clumsy and all over the place as usual.

The Light Clan is looking worse with every passing episode.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Apr 14, 2020 1:46 AM

Oct 2017
cool, a sick episode. Ngl, kinda disappointed that Shamiko couldn't give Momo a command in her dream. But this is Shamiko we're talking about, so obviously she isn't capable of doing such shit in time lmfao.
May 29, 2020 7:36 PM

Aug 2014
She used what little money she had to buy her a drink and call the school for her. How sweet can she be?!
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Sep 2, 2020 6:30 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Yeah, finally Shamiko had been able to win over Momo! She just used her hidden clan's ability and won over Momo's blood! Congratulations, my demon girl! However, it seems to brought some consequency for her peaceful life. Should she needed to cooperate to protect the city? I smelt some more funny characters arrived to their city. So, lets see the next one! I hope they still made the same cute and sweet interaction between those both till the end of this series!

Also, once again, Shamiko's clumpsiness just amusing to be seen, and her purity. She always denied her feeling though so far. Lmao. Its different by how Momo's reacted toward Shamiko. Eventhough her behaviour still held the same annoying teased for my beloved demon girl, her intentions so far always be pure when she interacted with Shamiko. Well, her own condition still unknown. Especially with the relations between those dark and light clan, her history as a magical girl, and such. So, lets just the next one. A great development over their characterization, making this episode felt so warmth at my heart to watched. Nice!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 26, 2021 7:46 AM

Aug 2018
Somehow I felt the dialogues got faster than before, like 0.25x? What is this? Saiki Kusuo anime? Lol xD
Mar 26, 2021 8:03 AM

Feb 2020
That ultra fast dialogue is getting annoying. It's like watching Saiki Kusou.

Despite of that, I liked this episode. Sweet little Shamiko was taking care of her sick friend. <3

SerafosDec 23, 2023 3:45 AM
May 21, 2022 7:48 PM

Jan 2019
That was wholesome af...

And I was glad to see the story progress slightly with Shamiko getting even a drop of blood. Seeing her develop some genuine powers will be interesting.
Mar 27, 2023 2:40 PM

Mar 2022
Oh my god this is so wholesome, Yuko's looking after Momo while she's sick, she's such a good person. Speaking of Momo sounds like she had it rough if the dream is anything to go by, now Yuko's ancestor now can to talk to her via the statue now, story seems to be progressing now and now we are gonna meet one of Momo's friends in the next episode. It's weird to think that pay phones still exist in this day and age. 
Dec 16, 2023 5:50 PM

Nov 2023
I still feel bad for Momoko, I hope they get rich soon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Machikado Mazoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2019

95 by WELLERM »»
Dec 16, 2023 5:52 PM

Poll: » Machikado Mazoku Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2019

38 by WELLERM »»
Dec 16, 2023 5:52 PM

Poll: » Machikado Mazoku Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2019

33 by WELLERM »»
Dec 16, 2023 5:51 PM

Poll: » Machikado Mazoku Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2019

36 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Machikado Mazoku Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2019

33 by WELLERM »»
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.