Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 29, 2019 8:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Feels like the pace of this anime slowed down a little.

The technology and development of this episode had my interest though. Plus, I wasn't expecting Tilarna to snap like that. Definitely not a girl you want to piss off.
Jul 29, 2019 9:03 AM
Dec 2017
Well this was (direction and animation wise) way better than episode 3.
Jul 29, 2019 9:22 AM
Sep 2016
The battle between Tilarna and Vampire could have been longer and well-displayed, but still I liked this episode.
Jul 29, 2019 9:37 AM

Aug 2013
Tilarna's interrogation... you should not mess with her.

Now they have to deal with a vampire.

Jul 29, 2019 10:51 AM

Feb 2015
Love the character chemistry this episode. Had a feeling that corpse wasn't really dead. Should be an interesting episode next week.

That interigation tho.....
Jul 29, 2019 10:53 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Uh-oh, more trouble for the duo.

So glad to see that the pacing has decreased and gone back to normal, too much stuff happened last episode after all. I’d a feeling the mummy would open her eyes at some point and finish off Cecil, even more so thanks to the deathflags, but it’s good to see that I’m wrong. Tilarna seems to be out under some kind of a spell I suppose, hopefully she can manage to get the upper hand first thing next episode! Damn, Tilarna’s interrogation though, she definitely isn’t the young and cute girl her appearance suggests lol. On the other hand, the old sorcerer has escaped so looking forward to what next he’s got in store for us. Rip to the brave fairy, too. Mid-way there though, I really thought things were over with the two but that was some nice reunion lol.

Looking forward to the next episode!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 29, 2019 11:09 AM

Jul 2017
I think I've given up on expecting ep 1/2 quality, but still a much better episode than 3. Glad to see the pair chemistry still there, animation still seems to be kinda lacking
Jul 29, 2019 11:26 AM

Apr 2013
I suppose that means that they adapted the first volume in 3 episodes and about half then.
We should probably expect 4 volumes adapted overall with that pace, except if they decide to do something weird with the pacing later on.
Jul 29, 2019 11:43 AM

Nov 2010
I was very scared after episode 3, but they really caught the quality with episode 4. There were still some stills black screens and panning shots, but in places that made sense and felt somewhat fitting. The whole episode still wasn't great, but after that car crash of episode 3 it felt great and it even had some nice animation bits.
I really hope that episode 3 was the absolute exception and might even be fixed for the BD later, because than the show could still be the dark horse of the season, even with that off episode in episode 3 (just a shame that it was kind of the finale of the first arc).
zwolf12Jul 29, 2019 11:50 AM
Jul 29, 2019 12:24 PM
Jul 2018
Okay way better than episode 3 if not as great as ep1/2. Animation is still shaky like this is done within average budget still quite going well but only episode 3 have been way off putting so far.
Also I wish the show could slow down for example this whole new villain or rather this new arc could have introduced in the next episode. Yet also essentially the first arc could have finished on the last episode if not introducing the "betrayal" plot which ultimately didn't affect much as far we've seen and also the villains came off as average didn't ended up as terrifying as it showed off in the 2nd episode imo.
Jul 29, 2019 12:33 PM

Jun 2017
Should have never opened that coffin lol.
Jul 29, 2019 12:37 PM

Oct 2017
Glad they this wasnt like previous epi. The animation got better again thou its still lacking a bit. Also that coffin and mummy gave me the creeps. I just hoped that cecil wouldnt die and lol that assistant sure died fast.

Tilarna is as cute as ever.
Jul 29, 2019 12:39 PM

Sep 2017
i really enjoyed today's episode. looking forward to the next one.
Tilarna's a badass.
Jul 29, 2019 1:15 PM

Jun 2016
That vampire has a big ass. Lmao
They better release that human-dog before his lawyer sue them.
Jul 29, 2019 1:22 PM

Dec 2015
It actually felt fast paced (not slowed down as someone mentioned). I guess they adapted 1 volume by the end of this arc (when Tilarna left) and just jumped to the next one with her being back.

Was fun though. I liked the new boss and the comedy with Cecil and Tilarna (the selfie thing lol).

Sad if they kept that pace ... I guess there won't be much source material for lots of more seasons. This show feels more like it could - after fast paced arc 1 as introduction - have anime own stories with these nice chars. (Really like the chars.) Even 1 episode episodic stuff anime original would be great I guess.

But let's see what the adaption still has to offer. Vampire I guess will be the new main enemy. (No enemy leader behind/above ... though it could be possible that someone set it up that the other guys stole that coffin with the goal to revive the vampire.)

Edit: It felt as if unconsicously Matoba had used magic to auto-aim his pistol at Zelada. He might learn "real" Magic - since it seems it is not tied to the different worlds. (The others just know about it and it can be used on earth and objects - as Tilarna explained I think in 1-2 episodes ago - might contain magic as well.)
LuthandoriusJul 29, 2019 1:26 PM
Jul 29, 2019 1:39 PM

Apr 2012
Ah, guess I understand why they rushed before, they felt like the beginning was like a prologue and wanted to get it out of the way. Still a bit of a shame, ideally they should have done a separate OVA like Mahoutsukai no yome.

Good episode: quirks are back (that selfie over Kei's body, lmao), new case, cliffhanger. All I like about this show.
Jul 29, 2019 1:42 PM

Jul 2019
Seems like they are back at their 'top' game visually. Storywise also a good episode. Some exposition, character relations, their daily business. Really excited how things end with the vampire. Hopefully, earthlings are good for sth. this time "Check out our arsenal: garlic, silver, holy water!"

Having not read the source material I would assume we get some case file episodes before dealing with Zerada for the finale.
Jul 29, 2019 1:43 PM
Mar 2015
It was obvious she was a vampire but nobody even noticed
Jul 29, 2019 1:49 PM

Apr 2019
Sondfer said:
Well this was (direction and animation wise) way better than episode 3.

Yes, clearly better and with more frames in the action shots, maybe something happened in episode 3 production. I hope it doesn't happen again because it's a good and RARE "Noir-like" anime
Jul 29, 2019 2:01 PM

May 2018
Ok so after that Zelada arc a new one opens, and it's the Vampire arc this time, too bad for Chapman at least that one ass hole off from Cecil who was lucky to be alive.
Jul 29, 2019 2:03 PM

May 2015
So glad to see the production value has improved, this is by far my favorite new show this season.
Jul 29, 2019 2:39 PM
Oct 2014

The new chief is awesome.
Jul 29, 2019 3:07 PM

Nov 2012
Fourth episode for the fourth time ends with a cliffhanger.

The wizard should have known the fairy can do something like that.

Tilarna was good at avoiding his spells. Almost won with him.

The animation is once again better.

I wonder is she's going to be defeat the vampire by herself or Kei will come and help.

Jul 29, 2019 3:19 PM

Nov 2016
ronin-d said:

For real, almost chocked on my food.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 29, 2019 4:45 PM

Feb 2011
Wow season 5 of Tokyo Ghoul is looking weird

Jul 29, 2019 5:01 PM
christmas cake

May 2008
Watching this episode I've realized how long it been since we had a police-procedure anime set in current times. It was kinda odd seeing police vehicles with realistic LED light bars and flashing patterns.

Am I the only one rolling his eyes at the sudden appearance of vampires?
Jul 29, 2019 5:32 PM

Nov 2010
Luthandorius said:

Edit: It felt as if unconsicously Matoba had used magic to auto-aim his pistol at Zelada. He might learn "real" Magic - since it seems it is not tied to the different worlds. (The others just know about it and it can be used on earth and objects - as Tilarna explained I think in 1-2 episodes ago - might contain magic as well.)

Tilarna told him (and us) before that she could feel a little bit of magic from his pistol and explained that long used things that are well taken care of can get some kind of spirit. In the fight with Zelada, Zelada hid in invisibility so he located him by sound but was off by a little but his pistol spirit corrected the aim to aim for the magic that concealed Zelada. At least that is how I interpret that.
Jul 29, 2019 5:35 PM

May 2018
I am the only one who finds this funny ?

Jul 29, 2019 5:38 PM

Jan 2016
Alien loli telling a black cop he's racist, amazing.
Jul 29, 2019 6:30 PM

Oct 2015
Tilarna sure came back fast to Kei's side. But most of all they wrapped up that previous case faster than Usain in Berlin!

This new case with the vampire seems interesting, I'm glad Chapman got sucked because he was a true jerky!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 29, 2019 6:30 PM

Dec 2016
Man I love this show, gives you that cool 90's Cowboy Bebop vibe. I feel like they managed to squeeze 3 episodes into one without it feeling too rushed.
Jul 29, 2019 6:55 PM

Sep 2017
Leagues better than ep 3. Not like that's saying much. Still, if this series stays this quality it will still end up pretty good.
Jul 29, 2019 8:53 PM

Jan 2011
Nice return to form for the show. I think Kei needs to be less of dick. I feel after all the shit they have been through the characters should progress than regress.

Good episode overall though.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jul 29, 2019 9:19 PM

Jul 2016
Better than the previous episode but some action sequences still feel a bit confusing to follow. That aside, I'm glad the good chemistry between Kei and Tilarna is still there.

P.S.: That selfie joke tho, so morbid xD

FMmatron said:
ronin-d said:

For real, almost chocked on my food.

Not food but coffee in my case. I laughed so hard at this xD
Jul 29, 2019 9:41 PM

Jan 2013
if this was any other show, the past 2 1/2 episodes woulda been saved till the end of the season, thankfully it isnt lol

that said, new chief has quite a way with words, hes awesome.
Jul 29, 2019 9:42 PM
Oct 2016
why the rating is still going down?!?
Jul 29, 2019 9:58 PM
Mar 2017
I don't know what happened, but you don't know how satisfying it was to see Kei shoot Zerada and then Tilarna cut off his arm, the old irritant bastard suffered what he deserved, but the scum killed himself.

Tilarna finally reunites with her friend, but it was so sad that the little fairy sacrificed herself so that Tilarna would not die with her, but her sacrifice saved Kei, one life for another, one friend leaves and a new friend arrives.

Life without Tilarna seemed very boring to Kei, but to his surprise he arrives at his house and finds the little warrior very relaxed watching TV next to Kuroi, but the funniest thing is that she will stay and be Kei's partner in addition to be a detective. Tilarna in casual clothes is too cute.

Inspector Zimmer should be cautious on how to treat Tilarna, but on the other hand the teamwork of Kei and Tilarna needs to be polished, they are not yet very coordinated. Pouting Tilarna is damn adorable ... ohh god why is she so cute?

I think that Cecil and Tilarna will get along very well, since they both believe that Kei is cold, distant and idiot and I laughed a lot when they proposed to do the dissection of Kei if he died. Cecil is so beautiful, I still don't understand how Kei let such an attractive and charming woman go.
Tilarna playing "bad cop" was awesome, the stupid criminal thought he would be excused by the lawyer shit, but he didn't count on Tilarna to beat him up.

Luckily Tilarna arrived in time to save Cecil from the vampire, but apparently this female vampire is stronger than Tilarna and now she is the one in danger.

This episode had a notable improvement compared to the episode 3, although this is not yet within the reach of episode 1 and 2, but at least they amended their mistake, now we can only hope that the next episode will improve quality.
Jul 29, 2019 10:43 PM
Oct 2017
I'm really in love with Tilarna and I like the chemestry they hace <3
Pretty good ep, at least the animation was better than the ep. 3
Jul 30, 2019 12:31 AM

Aug 2015
I think I may just drop this show. I watch animation for animation (also known as moving images).

edit: Screw it, I'm dropping it.

My final comment on this show is: Maybe they should start crafting animation frames first.
Need_for_SteedJul 30, 2019 12:37 AM
Jul 30, 2019 1:15 AM
Jan 2018
Bit better than the 3rd episode . The studio must be a small stuido which is probably why the series is having problems
Jul 30, 2019 1:16 AM

Apr 2011
I feel sad that the fairy sacrificed herself to save both of them. All of that trying to save her was all for nothing. Its funny how I predicted that after their goodbyes, She comes back without notice. And she seems to started to have a liking to him. They do have a nice chemistry. Tilarnia is one heck of an interrogator. And they, I kinda knew that dead mummy wouild come to life. I had a bad feeling Cecil would be killed but her jackass assistant died instead.

Jul 30, 2019 2:26 AM
Dec 2010
I've noticed that there are some weird jump cuts going on in this anime. Like really hard cuts from one action sequence to another. It's kind of jarring because they jump ahead a bit in time at random. The time in between is like one or two frames.

Basically it's like they decided to not animate something smoothly and continuously, so they stick one or two still frames in there. Last episode it was multiple explosions and dodging on the roof. This episode it was Tilarna saving Matoba and dashing through hallways.

Now that I think about it they do it with Tilarna almost exclusively.
Jul 30, 2019 3:48 AM
Feb 2009
i really though the anime ended half way the episode lol
Jul 30, 2019 4:12 AM

Aug 2014
Best series this summer hands down. Love the dynamic and the characters. Ep3 was little low but yeah.

Some romance maybey in the end...(wishfull pray)
Jul 30, 2019 5:28 AM

Feb 2017
Only_Brad said:
I am the only one who finds this funny ?

Seen too many cinemasins episodes?

After the climax of the fairy arc with the healing and Kei getting to his cat it made me wonder if maybe he could be cured from his allergy with magic.

Also the whole vampire thing seems a bit unrealistic to me, "moon... forbidden.. blood." screams vampire if magic is involved, and even if they don't know that is possible why didn't they listen to their expert on magic stuff that it's dangerous to handle dead bodies and I would assume it's even more if they're buried in an unusual way, so at least keep a policeman or two guarding the body at all times.
Jul 30, 2019 8:06 AM
Apr 2016
I don t like this kind of anime at all.

But i like the characters a lot, that s what make me stay, also i think the animation is pretty good. I don t understand why people say it s not decent
Jul 30, 2019 11:01 AM
Jul 2019
ronin-d said:

Hey how do you do screen shots like these?????
Jul 30, 2019 11:02 AM
Jul 2019
Sp from action to Horror when a vampire appears.
Jul 30, 2019 7:52 PM

Aug 2018
Damn, that was an unhappy episode, but I loved it. Tilarna is shaping up to be quite the badass.
Jul 31, 2019 4:29 AM

Apr 2015
It's not appaling but forced to drop it here, there's nothing here to keep my interest going
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cop Craft Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2019

109 by Dawizz »»
Jan 9, 2:28 AM

Poll: » Cop Craft Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2019

75 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Dec 24, 2023 6:26 PM

Poll: » Cop Craft Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2019

55 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Dec 22, 2023 7:45 PM

Poll: » Cop Craft Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2019

50 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Dec 19, 2023 4:26 PM

Poll: » Cop Craft Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2019

73 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Dec 18, 2023 8:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.