Forums
New
Jul 15, 2019 2:40 AM
Jul 2019
BugiaAug 18, 2019 9:06 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 15, 2019 2:48 AM

Oct 2018
1st Johnny anti hero and can't walk, definitely one of the most unique protagonist and I hope yuki kaji voice him whenever part 7 will get animated, he did an excellent job in eyes of heaven game.

2nd Jolyne I love girls who are actually badass and don't exist just for fan service like majority of battle shonen female character and she has the best character development, Johnny and Jolyne always gonna be best jojo protagonist in my opinon.

3rd Giorno he literally kill anyone who is a piece of shit, he even beat a villian to death for 7 pages straight and even throw him in garbage truck.
Ri22rkJul 22, 2019 11:55 AM
Jul 15, 2019 2:57 AM
Sep 2014
Dashni said:

The two characters are not the same and have nothing in common except the prononciation of their name and being called Jojo. Their kanji are different. You should add him as either Gappy or Jo2uke.

Mine is Josuke a.k.a Brosuke from Diamond is Not Crash. Great personality and Stand.

Honorable mention: Gappy because he's a hilarious savage and a chad.
Jul 15, 2019 3:08 AM
Sep 2014
You're welcome ^^
---------------
Jul 15, 2019 3:10 AM
May 2019
For me Joseph Joestar is the best

Jul 15, 2019 3:17 AM

Sep 2014
Joseph Joestar is my favourite because he was overly hilarious but Johnny is pretty close for his character development and how unique he was. My rate:

Joseph >= Johnny > Jolyne > Josuke > Jo2suke > Jotaro > Giorno > Jonathan
Jul 15, 2019 3:30 AM

Nov 2013
I used to like Joseph a lot because of how fun he was in Battle Tendency but as the parts went on, I gravitated less and less towards him. Josuke is the goodest of boys though and he has great chemistry with the cast of DIU so gotta say it's Josuke now!
Jul 15, 2019 3:32 AM

Aug 2017
I like Joseph a lot but Jotaro has something that just hooks me so much. I think it would be a tie.
Jul 15, 2019 4:43 AM

Jul 2016
I like Part 4 Josuke. He seems like a mix of all the best parts of Jotaro and Joseph and just really funny in general.
Jul 15, 2019 5:45 AM

Mar 2015
Jolyne is queen. Giorno and Joseph are close behind but Jolyne's just too good.
Jul 15, 2019 6:10 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
At first it was Joseph, but after watching Part 4 I started to like Josuke. He's a likeable protagonist and he's also very attractive.
Jul 15, 2019 6:17 AM

Dec 2014
Josuke is best Jojo. He's weird enough to be a Jojo protagonist but he's also a good kid who cares about his mom and granddad, is a good friend, reliable in a fight and is actually very smart and tactical in how he uses his stand. Also the adventures of Josuke, Okuyasu and Koichi in Morioh is just Japanese Ed, Edd n Eddy.
Jul 15, 2019 6:23 AM

May 2018
1.Kujou Jotaro
ORA!ORA!ORA!

2. Joseph Joestar

Man,I miss good old Battle Tendency.
Jul 15, 2019 6:27 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
desusama said:
Josuke is best Jojo. He's weird enough to be a Jojo protagonist but he's also a good kid who cares about his mom and granddad, is a good friend, reliable in a fight and is actually very smart and tactical in how he uses his stand. Also the adventures of Josuke, Okuyasu and Koichi in Morioh is just Japanese Ed, Edd n Eddy.

I agree that Part 4 is the best version of JoJo I've seen so far. The fact that there was a serial killer living in the small quiet town of Morioh was like watching a murder mystery show.
Jul 15, 2019 6:28 AM

Jun 2019
Joseph. I think what really helps him, and what makes him the most popular JoJo, is that he's the only one where you get to see a full evolution of the character. From the cocky teenager to the wise old man with still some of this old tricks, is something none of the others have even come close to replicating.

AddaeAkono said:
desusama said:

I agree that Part 4 is the best version of JoJo I've seen so far. The fact that there was a serial killer living in the small quiet town of Morioh was like watching a murder mystery show.

This is exactly how I've described part 4 before to people as well, and why I think that's the best part. Good choice!

Jul 15, 2019 6:32 AM

Apr 2015
Young Joseph, easily. He's such a smart-ass, and sometimes insufferable, but he truly does have a heart of gold, and will sacrifice anything for his family and friends (even ones that were former enemies). He's also insanely smart for how he acts. He's been shown to outwit his enemy's moves before they even make them, and most notably, deduce exactly how their opponent thinks and acts just from observations from a first look. On top of that, he was able to defeat the ultimate lifeform, even if it was just an accident.

He's also built like a truck, so he's my fitness inspiration.

Of course, all JoJos are best JoJo, but it's alright to have a favorite. All of them exhibit the true nature of a Joestar: The willingness to fight for what is good, at risk of their own life.
Jul 15, 2019 6:34 AM

Jul 2017
giorno giovanna for various reasons

1 - his stand's power is really versatile and can be applied to different uses creatively

2 - his hairstyle is cool

3 - he's bad at lying, meaning that he's a man of honesty

4 - he has a dream, meaning he's a man of ambition

5 - he is calm, reserved and manages to intro/retrospectively outshine others when the gang was in a pinch

6 - despite being overshadowed by many other characters from part 5 with loud/outspoken personality (bucciarati,narancia,mista etc or even some villains), giorno silently supports his team with an open and positive mind, a hero/child that the world deserves to have (unexpected jojo pun)

7 - he is passively expressive and wouldn't hold back to punish those who deserve

i can talk about this for days
Jul 15, 2019 10:01 AM
Jul 2018
True answer :Zeppelin

But I'd go with Jotaro due to similarities with Kenshiro
Jul 15, 2019 10:13 AM
Jul 2018
Jotaro Kujo: he's always calm and level-headed, but occasionally shows anger. As SuperEyePatchWolf said: you never know what's going on in his head, especially when he comes up with crazy strategies to defeat his enemies.

Joseph Joestar's a close second: I love how in Part 2 he's a cocky, arrogant, goofy guy with a brilliant mind. Then in Part 3 he's a much more mellow but still charismatic man. And finally in Part 4, he's a much more mellow man, who still has an occasional sense of humor.

MAYOII said:
giorno giovanna for various reasons

1 - his stand's power is really versatile and can be applied to different uses creatively

2 - his hairstyle is cool

3 - he's bad at lying, meaning that he's a man of honesty

4 - he has a dream, meaning he's a man of ambition

5 - he is calm, reserved and manages to intro/retrospectively outshine others when the gang was in a pinch

6 - despite being overshadowed by many other characters from part 5 with loud/outspoken personality (bucciarati,narancia,mista etc or even some villains), giorno silently supports his team with an open and positive mind, a hero/child that the world deserves to have (unexpected jojo pun)

7 - he is passively expressive and wouldn't hold back to punish those who deserve

i can talk about this for days

I feel as though that's the problem with Giorno: he's practically perfect. Some of the other Jojos have flaws: Joseph is cocky, Jotaro is hot-headed, Josuke can be immature. But I do like how Giorno is a very calm and humble character.
removed-userJul 15, 2019 10:17 AM
Jul 15, 2019 10:14 AM

Jan 2019
Its hard to like any of them since all JoJo characters look a combination of a shoujo doujinshi artwork and Jim Cary's paintings.
Jul 15, 2019 10:20 AM
May 2015
Jonathan because he's a nice sweet guy.

Jul 15, 2019 11:01 AM

Aug 2016
I haven't dived into the manga world of JoJo yet so I can only go up to 5 parts

So far I think

Joseph > Jotaro > Giovanna > Josuke > Jonathan

The really two close ones are Joseph and Jotaro. Joseph's charisma being the tiebreaker. Without Joseph's charisma, I would have had Jotaro as #1.
Jul 15, 2019 11:04 AM

Jul 2015
Obviously, young Joseph.
He is both genius and idiot at the same time.

Jul 15, 2019 11:06 AM

Jan 2014
Joseph Joestar is best boy. I like him because he's a bastard.
Jul 15, 2019 11:10 AM
Jun 2017
Part 4 Dude ........................................
Jul 15, 2019 11:15 AM

Mar 2018
Easily Joseph Joestar. In all the other parts it's the JoBros that carry the part's hero. I like the JoBros better than the main JoJo usually. But Joseph is the best man and I really wish he was my friend. Really solid dude.
LOOKING FOR ARTISTS PLEASE MESSAGE ME IF YOU'RE ONE
Review please!

Jul 15, 2019 11:15 AM

Aug 2017
I'm undecided between Johnny and Josuke.
Johnmy is more realist and deep as a character,on the other hand Josuke is more cute and acts like a dork with okuyasu.I would rank all of them like this: Josuke=Johnny >Jolyne>Gappy>Jotaro>Giorno>Johnathan>Joseph
I'm probably the only one here who doesn't like Joseph
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 15, 2019 11:23 AM
Jun 2019
Joseph is my favourite, although I’d say Jonny is the most interesting and well written jojo
Jul 15, 2019 11:35 AM

May 2018
Jolyne is the best. Also Jotaro and Giorno for being cool and stoic.
The least favorite are Joseph and Josuke for being douchebags

Jul 15, 2019 11:37 AM

Sep 2018
Joseph is my favorite. Sure, he’s super popular, but for good reason. He’s very goofy, unpredictable, and somehow likeable (for a bastard I mean). It’s always so fun to see what kind of bullshit situation he’ll get himself into, and what crazy thing he’ll do to get out of it. But he’s tied with Johnny, I love Johnny, a very interesting, unique, and awesome character, and a very fitting protagonist for the best part. Gotta love his sarcasm

But I like all the jojos, they all have something different and fun to bring to the table and make each part very different from eachother
Jul 15, 2019 12:01 PM

Mar 2019
Joseph because his personality was what hooked me into loving jojo
if I were to rank them all (I've only seen the anime so manga characters aren't included)
1. Joseph
2. Joskue
3. Giorno
4. Jotaro
5. Jonathan
Jul 15, 2019 3:08 PM

Aug 2018
I've only seen 'til part 4 and haven't finished it yet, but from what I've seen:

1: Young Joseph Joestar. Clever, outstanding and really cool character. He's so different to Jonathan I really like how he is such an stupid guy but great in fights. I love him in Battle Tendency but I don't care that much about Stardust Crusaders / DiU Joseph.

2: Kujo Jotaro. Cold blooded Jojo, even if he is that serious, he deeply cares for his friends and his Star Platinum is so great to see.

3: Jonathan Joestar. The english gentleman and the first Jojo we had. Such an amazing legacy he left behind him.

4: Higashikata Josuke: It is not that I dislike Josuke, but I find him too generic for its own good. I like Crazy Diamond but I prefered other characters in the show like Rohan.

I hope Jolyne and Johnny are that great, can't wait to see their parts.
Jul 15, 2019 3:22 PM
Aug 2011
Jolyneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Now if Gyro was a JoJo instead of a JoBro...
Jul 15, 2019 5:52 PM

Jan 2017
Anime only here
Joseph is my fav so far. His personality is perfect for a series like JoJo.
Jul 15, 2019 5:57 PM

Jan 2018
Joseph will always be MVP. Of course Johnny and Jotaro are great too.
What a beautiful Duwang
Jul 15, 2019 7:40 PM

Jun 2015
I havent even watched yoyo but I can staunchly say thanx to cancerous fans that this poll/thread is invalid due to its exclusion of

Its me DIO!!!
Jul 15, 2019 10:10 PM

Mar 2016
Both Joseph Joestar and Jotaro Kujo, though I like the latter more because of his usual catchphrases and cool demeanor.
Jul 15, 2019 10:13 PM

Apr 2018
Can't really choose but I will rank their main theme songs

Giorno > Joseph > Jotaro > Josuke >>> Jonathan

Jul 16, 2019 9:53 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Favourite would be Joseph.
Least favourite would be Jotaro, I don’t really like him.
I don’t see why Jonathan or Giorno are hated.
Nemo_Niemand said:

You don’t have to like Joseph or Josuke, but you hate both characters for being douchebags, when you like Jotaro who is arguably a bigger asshole than both of them. I don’t see how Josuke is a douchebag aside from getting angry when his hairstyle is insulted.
LeonhartAugustJul 16, 2019 9:58 PM
Jul 16, 2019 9:59 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Mariothedog said:
JoJo Siwa.
I need to reach the character limit.

Sorry but mojo jojo is a better jojo than her.
Jul 16, 2019 11:39 PM

Aug 2018
1. Joseph - such a fun and witty character
2. Jolyne - the culmination of the best traits that define the Joestar bloodline
3. Jonathan - a true gentleman

The rest I don't really care about all that much, but here's the remaining order:
4. Johnny
5. Josuke
6. Giorno
7. Jotaro
Jul 17, 2019 12:46 AM

May 2018
MeisterDM said:
Favourite would be Joseph.
Least favourite would be Jotaro, I don’t really like him.
I don’t see why Jonathan or Giorno are hated.
Nemo_Niemand said:

You don’t have to like Joseph or Josuke, but you hate both characters for being douchebags, when you like Jotaro who is arguably a bigger asshole than both of them. I don’t see how Josuke is a douchebag aside from getting angry when his hairstyle is insulted.

That's my bad english, I guess :) I meant they are goofs, not assholes. And no, I don't hate them
Nemo_NiemandJul 17, 2019 1:07 AM

Jul 17, 2019 1:36 AM
Oct 2018
1. Jotarou Kujo

A smart strategist and an all around badass, it's hard not to like him.

"There's a reason you lost, DIO. One simple reason... You pissed me off." - Jotarou

2. Joseph Joestar

Clever, Funny and Cocky, his crazy plans always made for a fun episode.

3. Jouske (P4)

Mix of 1 and 2, minus the cocky part.

4. Jonathan

For being a good boy
Jul 17, 2019 10:20 AM

Nov 2016
1. Joseph
Gonna have to be basic af and pick Joseph as my #1, but I just adore his personality and love how we get to see him grow older throughout the parts.

2. Josuke
Both goofy and badass at once, just delightful to have on screen all the time, and has some great chemistry with the rest of the Morioh-bros.

3. Johnny
Perhaps the best-written JoJo; his sarcastic attitude is awesome and bounces of Gyro's amazingly, and his character growth is so satisfying to watch unfold.

4. Jotaro
Iconic. Badass, awesome design, extremely gratifying to watch him beating the shit outta everyone.

5. Jonathan
A kind-hearted gentleman who deserved better.

6. Gappy
Not really sure how to describe Gappy other than a very similar AU counterpart to Josuke, only watered-down and more serious.

7. Jolyne
Ehh, she's alright; her awesome design, badassery and connection to Jotaro are the only things she has going for her imo and there's not a whole lot I found appealing about her besides that.

8. Giorno
I've been through part 5 four times (twice manga, twice anime) but I still find Giorno dull as dishwater. Like yeah, he has a good design, some neat catchphrases and
, but he barely leaves an impression due to having less memorable dialogue and less screen-time as opposed to the supporting cast.
currently: doing my best!

Jul 17, 2019 11:00 AM

Oct 2016
Joseph wins again. It feels great to be a Hāmittopāpuruchad.
What's not to love about Joseph, both young and old?

Jul 17, 2019 11:03 AM

Jun 2012
Dashni said:
Mine is Jolyne! She has such a pretty design; amazing hair and her butterfly-themed dress. Her intro was so endearing and it was great to see how she developed.

If you're interested in a similar poll conducted among Manga fans in 2013: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=571451

Basic differences:
-Jotaro is more popular among Anime fans, Josuke more popular among Manga fans
-Johnny is competitively popular with Jotaro and Josuke among Manga fans(gyro is probably more popular than both of them), but the Anime-Onlys haven't caught up.
-Giorno also gets a bump among Anime fans either out of recency bias or because the state of GioGio scans in 2013 was rather bad.
OchimushaJul 17, 2019 11:08 AM
Jul 18, 2019 2:26 AM

Jul 2019
Joseph Joestar probably cause he is funny. but I'm not a fan of this anime too much toxic masculinity for my taste.

Never explain,
Never retract,
Never apologize
Just get the thing done
And let them howl
Jul 18, 2019 10:29 AM

Aug 2010
clearly the best jojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggWyUEuGcWY

but also shout outs to jojo from KCI and JoJo
https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here
Jul 18, 2019 10:32 AM
Jan 2019
Josuke because he is a GOOD BOY. :3

I like them all but he’s my favorite.
Jul 18, 2019 10:38 AM

Jul 2015
johnny's by far my favorite. i love his character arc so much
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Visual Novels — General Thread

Shizuna - 7 hours ago

23 by Shizuna »»
23 seconds ago

» Best Trap Character in Anime?

GoatPieceLuffy - 1 hour ago

44 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
44 seconds ago

» "This was a Masterpiece!!!" sections or moments in shows that aren't that.

APolygons2 - 3 hours ago

12 by JaniSIr »»
49 seconds ago

» Do you have any special memories from the anime fandom?

RobertBobert - Today

3 by JaniSIr »»
4 minutes ago

» Why are so many ecchi enjoyers overweight?

EverRealm - 1 hour ago

16 by Nurguburu »»
6 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.