Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Kanata no Astra Episode 2 Discussion

Jul 14, 11:16 PM
xeco said:
Kimurah said:

What a retarded, fanboy and childish mentallity

Of course I'm open to get a change of mind. But I'm expecting the story and the writing to make it do so. I'm not going to be pleasing and let the author get away with garbo writing.

Being critical does not equate to being a troll, if that would be the case anyone with a different opinion would be a troll.

Yeah, that's what you should have done in the very first place, walk away with your tail between your legs.

I suppose you have a very sad life that you need to come to internet and behave like a 12 year old kid , a shame people like you exist

He was also responsible for this gem.

Kimurah said:

And how is that posible? are there multiple suns in that particular galaxy? how is it posible for the farthest planets to hold sustainable life and an atmosphere? Take our solar system as an example out of all the planets only one is in the right place to hold life.

Jul 15, 4:37 AM
Hitagi's Pet

The premise is interesting and as a long time scifi/space story fan I really want this to be a good show. I'm afraid the characters are a bit flat and predictable in their actions though. I hope we can get the plot to compensate for that.
How the heck can Funicia and Quitterie not be sisters? They look so much alike, lol.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 16, 12:18 PM

Worse than episode 1. Still childish behaviour of a lot of the chars. (Hopefully now they are through with this.)

Also the traitor subplot seems weird. Maybe it is like that anime movie with 11 people on a spaceship - with 1 too much and one of them a traitor. Maybe intentionally by the teachers after all. The spere appearing again ... can't be a concidence.

Shy girl seems most suspicious so far.

Edit: What if the male main actually destroyed th communicator - to get more time to prove himself as captain? What if the teacher turned into some god-like creature and "is" actually the sphere - trying to help the main to prove himself as captain and explorer? I wouldn't put it past them if they (the author of the source manga) did something like that. Would just feel like your typical japanese plot twist. :D
Modified by Luthandorius, Jul 16, 12:40 PM

Jul 16, 2:33 PM

One of them is behind this whole thing? That's a good twist. It's reminding me of Rokka no Yuusha.

Jul 16, 3:21 PM

Minar-kyun said:
One of them is behind this whole thing? That's a good twist. It's reminding me of Rokka no Yuusha.

if you think that is a good twist you are in for a treat xD
You son of a .. turtle

Jul 16, 5:19 PM

Man they're already skipping a ton of shit from the manga, still a good episode but I figured the show was going to be 24 episodes so that they could properly adapt it, but if they're rushing through chapters like this then idk, hopefully they're skimming off stuff now to really be able to fully adapt chapters in the future?
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy

Jul 16, 5:25 PM

TheFreycook said:
Man they're already skipping a ton of shit from the manga, still a good episode but I figured the show was going to be 24 episodes so that they could properly adapt it, but if they're rushing through chapters like this then idk, hopefully they're skimming off stuff now to really be able to fully adapt chapters in the future?

they did 5 chapters in this ep
they need a pace of 4.27 chapters per episode, each episode to finish it
its fine as long as they cut it decently
i thought this episode was really well done in terms of cuts
as you said later episodes might be more diffuclt there is a lot of dialogue that is absolutely necessary from episode 8 onwards..
we'll have to wait and see
You son of a .. turtle

Jul 20, 1:22 PM

So we have a saboteur among the group, or a puppet master.Should be interesting from here on.

Jul 22, 6:47 PM
New Guy
Even though it is sad to see Quitterie’s sister in danger I didn’t care for it because fuck her. Nobody would have been in danger if age wasn’t being a bitch. Als seining the portal again was interesting my money in bad guy is either the quite girl or Zack

Jul 22, 11:50 PM

Farabeuf said:
How the heck can Funicia and Quitterie not be sisters? They look so much alike, lol.

My advice, do not look into it. That is a mine field. Still they are effectively sisters now, even if their bond is still growing.

Jul 24, 6:56 AM

Kanata sold me on being the lead here. But how can you bring a child with you and lose her from sight? This just confirms that Funicia is here as a cheap device to move the plot forward. She and Quitterie are obviously real sisters though.

The communicator was probably cut by someone from the awkward duo, though it could be someone less expected, like Charce or Luka, I have to re-watch the episodes to see who was where at what time. It feels almost set in stone that Zack is dying though.

Jul 24, 6:34 PM
What a fucking unique creepy laugh.
Oni-chichi and Kuroino is the best anime ever!

Jul 31, 1:56 AM

Great and funny episode with some interesting character development.

X s t a s y

“I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours”
―Cheshire Cat

Jul 31, 1:13 PM

I'm disappointed by this episode. The abrupt change between comedy and serious tone was annoying and I never cared about the drama in this episode. At least the traitor on board can be interesting.
Life has no meaning.

Jul 31, 7:20 PM

That was an interesting planet. Kanata took quite the risk to save Funicia, and everyone is proud of him. They got everything they needed while on that planet.

The question now, is who sabotaged the communications equipment on the ship?

Aug 3, 7:57 PM
Astra Lost in Space or, as I like to call it, Star Trek: Voyager with teenagers, wasn't exactly on my anime watchlist for this season, but I'm glad I watched it because this show is shaping up to be great. This episode sees our merry band of space adventurers reach Vilavurs and we get to see some fair amount of character development for Quitterie and Funicia. Kanata also shows some serious leadership material and everyone agrees he should be the captain. Since Kanata was a bit of a butt monkey in these last few episodes, I'm glad this matter was solved fairly quicky, I wouldn't want the show to fall into a formula of "Kanata acts foolishly, everyone doubts his leadership, Kanata does something awesome, everyone thinks he should be leader." Fortunately, the show has kept a good balance of comedy, drama and action to make this bearable. Things are set to become more difficult, though, as a traitor seems to be hidden within their ranks. We'll see how this develops in future episodes.

Aug 9, 12:45 PM

Damn, this is hands down the worst sci-fi i've seen recently.
Dropped.

Aug 15, 9:39 AM

This show is really annoying. I don't really mind the traits of the cast but it just feels like nothing is taken seriously. Every serious moments just follows a comedic relief that often feels out of place. Even with just the 2nd episode, it's been happening a hell lot than it should be. Not to mention how contrived a lot of the situations are so far. Even the situation they picked to show the relationship between the sisters just feels like it was created on the spot. The false sense of tension really irks me as well. I really do hope it improves.

No wonder there was a lot of panels in this show, it's the same director as Kuzu no Honkai and Hakumei to Mikochi. With that said, I'd say it really doesn't work as well here compared to Kuzu no Honkai, which is where his panelling only ever worked honestly.
Modified by EGOIST, Aug 15, 9:55 AM

Aug 16, 8:40 AM
Review Moderator
SINoALICE

Not as good as the first episode, but still entertaining nevertheless. I like the way the backstories of the characters get revealed, though the shounen cliches seem to be going full ham. I cringed a bit when Zack suddenly remembered Kanata's backstory during the heat of the moment, like something out of the Shounen 101 Playbook.

As for the lighthearted moments, I actually enjoy them. Right from the first episode, I was never expecting this to be a serious spacefaring tale. It's campy and jolly just like I predicted.

Aries' laugh at the end, though. Looks like Tidus has a new challenger lol.

Aug 16, 12:31 PM

Skittles said:
Not as good as the first episode, but still entertaining nevertheless. I like the way the backstories of the characters get revealed, though the shounen cliches seem to be going full ham. I cringed a bit when Zack suddenly remembered Kanata's backstory during the heat of the moment, like something out of the Shounen 101 Playbook.

As for the lighthearted moments, I actually enjoy them. Right from the first episode, I was never expecting this to be a serious spacefaring tale. It's campy and jolly just like I predicted.

Aries' laugh at the end, though. Looks like Tidus has a new challenger lol.

Tidus lost that one in my book tbh
that was way too hilarious
best laugh hands down from Aries
im going to remember this when i die in 100 years +/-
You son of a .. turtle

Aug 21, 4:36 PM
The over-the-top emotional displays were cringeworthy. I like the premise of the show, but I hope they tone down the emotion. Aries really irks me. They are in the fight for their lives and she is being such an airhead. Pull your head out of your ass before you get other people killed already.

Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]