Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Jul 16, 2019 3:21 PM

Apr 2019
Minar-kyun said:
One of them is behind this whole thing? That's a good twist. It's reminding me of Rokka no Yuusha.

if you think that is a good twist you are in for a treat xD
You son of a .. turtle

Jul 16, 2019 5:19 PM

Dec 2016
Man they're already skipping a ton of shit from the manga, still a good episode but I figured the show was going to be 24 episodes so that they could properly adapt it, but if they're rushing through chapters like this then idk, hopefully they're skimming off stuff now to really be able to fully adapt chapters in the future?
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jul 16, 2019 5:25 PM

Apr 2019
TheFreycook said:
Man they're already skipping a ton of shit from the manga, still a good episode but I figured the show was going to be 24 episodes so that they could properly adapt it, but if they're rushing through chapters like this then idk, hopefully they're skimming off stuff now to really be able to fully adapt chapters in the future?

they did 5 chapters in this ep
they need a pace of 4.27 chapters per episode, each episode to finish it
its fine as long as they cut it decently
i thought this episode was really well done in terms of cuts
as you said later episodes might be more diffuclt there is a lot of dialogue that is absolutely necessary from episode 8 onwards..
we'll have to wait and see
You son of a .. turtle

Jul 20, 2019 1:22 PM

Jul 2008
So we have a saboteur among the group, or a puppet master.Should be interesting from here on.
Jul 22, 2019 6:47 PM
Obscure Anime Ma
Jan 2017
Even though it is sad to see Quitterie’s sister in danger I didn’t care for it because fuck her. Nobody would have been in danger if age wasn’t being a bitch. Als seining the portal again was interesting my money in bad guy is either the quite girl or Zack
Jul 22, 2019 11:50 PM

Feb 2010
Farabeuf said:
How the heck can Funicia and Quitterie not be sisters? They look so much alike, lol.

My advice, do not look into it. That is a mine field. Still they are effectively sisters now, even if their bond is still growing.
Jul 24, 2019 6:56 AM

Dec 2010
Kanata sold me on being the lead here. But how can you bring a child with you and lose her from sight? This just confirms that Funicia is here as a cheap device to move the plot forward. She and Quitterie are obviously real sisters though.

The communicator was probably cut by someone from the awkward duo, though it could be someone less expected, like Charce or Luka, I have to re-watch the episodes to see who was where at what time. It feels almost set in stone that Zack is dying though.
Jul 24, 2019 6:34 PM

Apr 2014
What a fucking unique creepy laugh.
Jul 31, 2019 1:56 AM
May 2019
Great and funny episode with some interesting character development.
Jul 31, 2019 1:13 PM

Aug 2017
I'm disappointed by this episode. The abrupt change between comedy and serious tone was annoying and I never cared about the drama in this episode. At least the traitor on board can be interesting.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 31, 2019 7:20 PM

Jun 2014
That was an interesting planet. Kanata took quite the risk to save Funicia, and everyone is proud of him. They got everything they needed while on that planet.

The question now, is who sabotaged the communications equipment on the ship?

Aug 3, 2019 7:57 PM
Jan 2017
Astra Lost in Space or, as I like to call it, Star Trek: Voyager with teenagers, wasn't exactly on my anime watchlist for this season, but I'm glad I watched it because this show is shaping up to be great. This episode sees our merry band of space adventurers reach Vilavurs and we get to see some fair amount of character development for Quitterie and Funicia. Kanata also shows some serious leadership material and everyone agrees he should be the captain. Since Kanata was a bit of a butt monkey in these last few episodes, I'm glad this matter was solved fairly quicky, I wouldn't want the show to fall into a formula of "Kanata acts foolishly, everyone doubts his leadership, Kanata does something awesome, everyone thinks he should be leader." Fortunately, the show has kept a good balance of comedy, drama and action to make this bearable. Things are set to become more difficult, though, as a traitor seems to be hidden within their ranks. We'll see how this develops in future episodes.
Aug 9, 2019 12:45 PM

Oct 2008
Damn, this is hands down the worst sci-fi i've seen recently.
Dropped.
Aug 15, 2019 9:39 AM

Oct 2015
This show is really annoying. I don't really mind the traits of the cast but it just feels like nothing is taken seriously. Every serious moments just follows a comedic relief that often feels out of place. Even with just the 2nd episode, it's been happening a hell lot than it should be. Not to mention how contrived a lot of the situations are so far. Even the situation they picked to show the relationship between the sisters just feels like it was created on the spot. The false sense of tension really irks me as well. I really do hope it improves.

No wonder there was a lot of panels in this show, it's the same director as Kuzu no Honkai and Hakumei to Mikochi. With that said, I'd say it really doesn't work as well here compared to Kuzu no Honkai, which is where his panelling only ever worked honestly.
EGOISTAug 15, 2019 9:55 AM
Aug 16, 2019 8:40 AM

Jul 2009
Not as good as the first episode, but still entertaining nevertheless. I like the way the backstories of the characters get revealed, though the shounen cliches seem to be going full ham. I cringed a bit when Zack suddenly remembered Kanata's backstory during the heat of the moment, like something out of the Shounen 101 Playbook.

As for the lighthearted moments, I actually enjoy them. Right from the first episode, I was never expecting this to be a serious spacefaring tale. It's campy and jolly just like I predicted.

Aries' laugh at the end, though. Looks like Tidus has a new challenger lol.
Aug 16, 2019 12:31 PM

Apr 2019
Skittles said:
Not as good as the first episode, but still entertaining nevertheless. I like the way the backstories of the characters get revealed, though the shounen cliches seem to be going full ham. I cringed a bit when Zack suddenly remembered Kanata's backstory during the heat of the moment, like something out of the Shounen 101 Playbook.

As for the lighthearted moments, I actually enjoy them. Right from the first episode, I was never expecting this to be a serious spacefaring tale. It's campy and jolly just like I predicted.

Aries' laugh at the end, though. Looks like Tidus has a new challenger lol.

Tidus lost that one in my book tbh
that was way too hilarious
best laugh hands down from Aries
im going to remember this when i die in 100 years +/-
You son of a .. turtle

Aug 21, 2019 4:36 PM
Nov 2016
The over-the-top emotional displays were cringeworthy. I like the premise of the show, but I hope they tone down the emotion. Aries really irks me. They are in the fight for their lives and she is being such an airhead. Pull your head out of your ass before you get other people killed already.
Aug 28, 2019 2:12 PM
Jul 2018
Holy fuck, why am I crying after two episodes?
Sep 8, 2019 2:16 PM

Jul 2017
Kimurah said:
Blergh, what a load of crap and writer's convenience this episode turned out to be

They got lost in a forest in an uncharted world, yet the dumbest member of the team has photographic memory and she mentions it in the exact moment they need it the most. Same with Kanata that he's an alleged athlete, yet on all the dumb flashbacks that have been repeated over and over, it was never pointed out that he was an A class athlete. The author truly doesn't know jack shit how to foreshadow events in order to make the story advance in a natural way. Something more intuitive before entering the woods, would be if anyone in the exploring team would have marked the trees with any kind of sharp object and create a path to retreat to in case of an emergency like the one they had. The idiocy on the whole group would have gotten them killed in any other kind of media, but because it's anime and the author just loves to pave the way for them to move forward on planets with convenient atmosphere and edible fruits (and boy, the food tester just feels like another massive asspull) they will never be in real danger.

The human chain in the first episode was a pretty big mistake. They are now fighting each other and neglecting Kanata that at least tries to keep the group safe, hence this route feels like a step back. Kanata's idiotic move to go hunt a dragon makes him even less reliable despite his good intentions to keep the group together.

So sad that this contrived story is all in the name of friendship and alleged character growth.

Bro it's something on the JUMP magazine what did you expect
Sep 17, 2019 4:49 AM
Aug 2019
Why all the hate wow. I'm loving this show so far!
Sep 26, 2019 5:37 PM

Jul 2017
annoying male character, i hate the typicall male shonen character, and kanata is on of them........ but i like the history and the strange personality of the pink girl gay and her laught, i like the series but kanata................ this is why a hate shonens, but the history is adictive.
Oct 4, 2019 12:41 AM

Nov 2018
Why does Funicia look so much like Quittorie if she's adopted? Seems shady.
Quittorie having character development already, nice.
"Yummy." lmao
Is... Aries going to laugh like that throughout the season (now that I would mind
So there's a betrayer hmm.
Oct 9, 2019 6:37 AM

Oct 2013
Made in Abyss in Space, nice.

My only criticism right now is that everyone is a little stupid and the event sequencing feels too... convenient, and therefore disbelievable. Like LETS JUST EXPLORE SEVERAL UNINHABITED PLANETS AS CHILDREN TRAVERSING NEW SPACE FRONTIERS WE WILL FIND FOOD AND WATER AND NOTHING WILL GO WRONG YEEHAW

I dunno. This is very dangerous territory and I expect real repercussions consequently. Everything comes across as blanketed in a layer of lighthearted frivolity, except for some of the angsty melodrama... nonetheless this is still very interesting stuff; I've just mild concerns this is going to dive into a completely disbelievable feels good adventure instead of remotely hinging on the frames of practicality.
ZadionOct 9, 2019 6:59 AM

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Oct 11, 2019 5:36 AM
May 2019
WolfWood37 said:
So we have a saboteur among the group, or a puppet master.Should be interesting from here on.
The plot thickens. Muahahaha
Which one do you want? An Addiction or A Good Life?
A) Addiction - a progressive narrowing of the things that bring you pleasure.
B) A Good Life - a progressive expansion of the things that bring you pleasure and includes pleasure through motivation and hard work.
Oct 12, 2019 3:32 AM

Nov 2014
The world building was really beautiful, i loved the colorful scenery.
The ED was really great too, one of best ED this season.

So, Kanata with his "airhead bulky physique", and Aries with her "Photographic memory" new great addition of speciality in the "survival" theme.

I liked some good drama's about Quetierre that greatly wrapped with good finishing and ofc some light jokes of "sket dance" style. and the "mystery" is getting more interesting, plot get thickens.

I wonder who's the traitor....
Oct 17, 2019 1:37 PM
Nov 2013
Kimurah said:
Blergh, what a load of crap and writer's convenience this episode turned out to be

They got lost in a forest in an uncharted world, yet the dumbest member of the team has photographic memory and she mentions it in the exact moment they need it the most. Same with Kanata that he's an alleged athlete, yet on all the dumb flashbacks that have been repeated over and over, it was never pointed out that he was an A class athlete. The author truly doesn't know jack shit how to foreshadow events in order to make the story advance in a natural way.

Ah~... You're one of those people who needs everything explicitly explained to...

Episode 1 had her mentioning that she had a good memory. Bringing up photographic memory to every person you meet would make you a braggart and therefore unlikable as you're basically saying you were born with an advantage over other people, so under normal circumstances you wouldn't bring it up to every person you meet. Personally if I had it, I wouldn't bring it up because then expectations become a lot heavier.

Also, Kanata literally jumped over a fountain spouting water to knee a thief. A person with no athletic experience wouldn't even think about taking that shortcut, gravity shoes or not. At most they would jump onto the fountain edge and jump across the water. Not to mention they'd have to know their body well enough to aim their knee and know that they wouldn't get hurt by doing it at the risk of hitting the ground instead.
NakuyOct 17, 2019 1:42 PM
Nov 10, 2019 4:32 AM

Jun 2009
Sure..."adopted". That must be why they look practically identical, right?
Nov 30, 2019 11:51 PM

Mar 2015
Great episode, glad Quittorie seems to have gotten past her being a bitch!

Also, a traitor among them?!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 18, 2019 5:26 AM

Dec 2015
I was told that it would get worse after the beggining, but I didn't expect to be already in the 2nd episode and I sure wasn't excpecting to become that bad. It's gonna be one of those anime where the everything is about friendship...

I honestly like the friendship type of story if done correctly. Maybe if those writers didn't try to make everything so dumb, and actually try to understand what's the value of a good friendship, those type of shows would become much enjoyable
Jan 1, 2020 2:11 PM

Jul 2015
I'm impressed by how no one got injured yet by the reckless behaviour they show, I feel like there are only a few rational thinking characters

Kanata must have been under great pressure, making those jumps, aiming the javelin correctly in order to hit the dragon and not Funicia

I'm a bit baffled that Funicia and Quittorie are not real sisters, just look at them...

Jan 15, 2020 8:13 PM

Mar 2017
laughed out loud at the "yummy"

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Feb 5, 2020 10:04 AM

Dec 2018
@kimurah
1. foreshadowing means a hint. not explicitly saying "x is going to happen next". what she said in ep1 can clearly be interpreted as logically consistent as well as foreshadowing.
2. apparently you don't know the difference between hard and soft science fiction.

i liked the episode. i feel like some things (like them holding hands in ep1 instead of just having someone move maybe 100m outside the shit while holding the tether) were a little silly but it's obvious that it was chosen that way for narrative purposes. some people here are splitting hairs over stupid shit while forgetting that things might be written a certain way to portray an image or some kind of message.

good shit, i like the series already. now we have a traitor. maybe go back to episode 1 to see if anyone was missing on the ship during any of the scenes, but i don't want to spoil myself.
StateofOhayoFeb 5, 2020 10:28 AM
Apr 17, 2020 3:16 AM

Feb 2018
This tree so cool xD,
Apr 18, 2020 2:17 AM

Feb 2019
Lovely character interactions, art and music are fantastic, great show. This has become one of my favs.
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Oct 4, 2020 9:51 PM

Sep 2018
Start of pinpointing.. Among us xD 

The edible machine is funny lol how Zack made that? XD
Mar 15, 2021 9:14 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
I'm not feeling it so far..
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

May 7, 2021 9:29 AM

Aug 2018
A quick development there, I like that.

The end scene similar to among us and those "sus" thingy occured, I suspect the two quiet people '-')/
Aug 1, 2021 12:41 PM

Jan 2021
Again another amazing episode.
I can definitely see this becoming one of my favorites.
Aug 19, 2021 6:29 PM
Oct 2015
Kimurah said:
Nim0174 said:

1. Maybe people do, don't judge everyone by your standards.
I don't talk about my best assets when i introduce myself because i have no need to appeal to anyone. I think many people don't tell everything about themselves lol.

2. I disagree, i don't think its relevant how it gets solved because its not an intricate aspect of the main plot.

3. Stop nitpicking, it doesn't need to be established, its possible and therefore its logically consistent.

4. Aries never forgets people she mets can nonetheless be seen as an indication.

1.- Same goes for you, Don't step up and put yourself as an exemplary person and use your own values to measure and think everyone is exactly the same as you.

2.- Good for you.

3. If you don't need for it to be stablished suit yourself, I'm not you and you're not me. Like I said, we have different bars and I'm just pointing out my gripes. I'm not expecting to change people's mind, unlike you with such a pushy opinons stating that "it's not needed"

4. It's a very vague indication. Like I pointed out already, lots of people have good memory, but that doesn't qualify them as having photographic memory.

Nim0174 said:

You seem to think that an indication needs to be concrete evidence, but it really doesn't as long as something is logically consistent and probable thats more than fine.
The only thing so far that wasn't is the handchain.
I think you are just nitpicking on facts because you are too bored with life.

5. Again, you're setting YOUR LOW BAR that everything can or should be vague and that's fine. It's not nitpicking, it's legit criticism, you nagging on me and expecting me to lower my bar to your low standards is just getting old

Holy shit almost every single one of your 500+ comments is low effort bait i wonder why you haven't been banned yet lol
Aug 19, 2021 6:36 PM
Oct 2015
Kimurah said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

Lol, I expected you to basically call me a fanboy because that seems to be your default response. I haven't actually watched the show btw.

Thank you, that's all I needed to know to offically state that you're a bitch. You haven't even watched the show, but you're entitled to tell others what to do. How cute.

TsukuyomiREKT said:

I just looked at the discussions to see what people think about it. The only reason I even replied to you is because you don't understand common sense and are contradicting yourself.

Says the guy that hasn't even watched the show but feels entitled and knowledgeable to tell others how to act. yeah, I highly doubt you even know what common sense is and again doubt you even know how discussion boards work at all.

TsukuyomiREKT said:

You saying that other people should just ignore your posts or these threads all together if they don't like what you have to say is stupid because you don't follow your own advice

Now you're just being a salty whinny kid with lack of the most basic reading skills. I said that if people don't like my opinions they should keep their mouth shut. They can obviously refute my points with arguments, and some of them actually have done so with back and forth "discussion" (A term you obviously can't even grasp despite having more than 2K posts)

What you are doing in particular isn't even refuting any of my arguments, you're just being butthurt because someone else is dishing out a disenting opinion on a title you haven't even watched.

TsukuyomiREKT said:

and just drop the show that you obviously aren't enjoying. If you don't like me pointing out your contradiction, then maybe you shouldn't contradict yourself. 🤷‍♂️

Again, you're just some dumb butthurt kid that expects everyone to live to your own rules. But I'll give you a hint, life doesn't work like that.

I still dont get why you are not banned yet literally every comment of yours is ether insulting some one or literally talking shit about literally everything
Nov 28, 2021 3:54 AM

Mar 2013
I got the goosebumps just watching Kanata jumping on a dangerous terrain... >_<
And also, the character development is pretty cute. I gotta love Quitterie's tsundere! XD
Well... not just Quitterie, but the whole gang, especially our ditzy Aries and our foolish captain, Kanata.

I must say, those two are still overly silent. Ulgar and Yunhua. I'm looking forward to their character development.

In the end... there's a traitor among them? O: Who could it be and what's their objective? Hmm... Very sus...
CrazyButNot4UNov 28, 2021 4:02 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 4, 2022 11:00 AM

Jan 2016
I’m really enjoying this show, especially with the dubs. Very realistic dialogue and actual funny lines at times.

Jun 29, 2022 9:56 PM

Feb 2020
very generic and dull. I hope there's some kind of reveal as to why quittersomething and funicia look like clones despite not being related.

I laughed a little bit when megane guy showed his brilliant creation that he pulled out of his ass. totally looked diy too! man the writer of this show is big brained. It would've been fine if the convenient helmets could identify poisonous foods but nooo that wasn't good enough.

talk about contrived. the communication device was cut out and they think it must have been someone on the ship. I mean, I assume they're right because why else would it be brought up like that. But really whoever left that ship there could've done that, there's absolutely no reason why they would assume it was one of the group members unless the writer wanted them to start stirring up shit.

atm la croix seems like the most likely imposter because he's vaguely suspicious and the two antisocial members would be too obvious. Or maybe it's somehow aries, that would be fun haha
Jul 16, 2022 5:10 AM
Jun 2021
Aries' laugh at the end 😂
Oct 4, 2022 1:01 AM
Aug 2018
Honestly I don’t know why people liked this episode. Bad logic and by all means the characters are way too carefree in this series. They are literally lost in space. Also, why the fuck did Kanata eat that unknown plant? That legitimately does not make any sense. Also, why isn’t anyone scared of the new planet until the weird tree did its thing?
Nov 8, 2022 12:47 AM

Oct 2022
so far really liking the series, all the characters are pretty cool. felt like there is too much comedic moments at times, but it's not too detracting. now we got a traitor...just what i feared.
Jun 6, 2023 2:24 PM

Aug 2019
Ngl still kinda hate Quitterie lol

This was an alright episode. Kinda silly but I liked it overall. Also what was Arie's laugh at the end, she sounded like a seagull or something lol

And it looks like someone intentionally took out the ships communicator? I bet it was Yunha, or maybe that quiet guy. Or who knows, maybe even both
Jul 14, 2023 4:31 AM

Aug 2019
Lmao blonde dude is definitely the imposter crewmate
Jul 15, 2023 2:13 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Ah ok so maybe no time travel, if that ship's clock is correct. They still be in the present, ignore my speculation. What we do have though, is an imposter among us. Or maybe even perhaps, an unknown stowaway?

NYANPASU
5700XT

Aug 26, 2023 5:13 PM
Aug 2022
I put on mute when Qitori's talking. That bitch is annoying af. Use her as bait somewhere and get going.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2019

237 by Karva1 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2019

352 by Karva1 »»
Yesterday, 1:43 PM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2019

202 by DebiPS »»
Apr 18, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2019

347 by naturalbrawler »»
Mar 20, 8:24 AM

» how this is not more popular.

Sayms - Jan 15, 2022

21 by asalkur »»
Jan 2, 10:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.