Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 2019 5:13 PM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So, was Cencoroll 2 worth the 10 year wait from its acclaimed original?

Well, sorta.

Despite being 25 minutes long, Cencoroll 2 feels extremely sluggish with its numerous dialogues exchanges and exposition dumps that contrasts from the action packed predecessor. The few battles that are fought within this film, despite being sometimes satisfying and mesmerizing to watch (Sou vs. Tetsu and Kaname vs Tetsu, for example), come in short bursts that I don’t think lands quite as wonderfully as the first movie managed to pull off. Kaname and Touma are both decent additions to the cast, with Kaname being the more interesting one with her ambitious attitude and sprightly personality. Kaname’s drone being used by Yuki and Tetsu gaining control of Cenco are both highlights of the film that I think are worth the watch.

Now that my short rant is over, what do you think of the film. Do you love it, do you hate it, do you think it’s worth the wait? Cencoroll and Atsuya Uki- forever.
Jul 4, 2019 6:33 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
I really enjoyed it and definitely think it was worth the 10 years we waited. I think it gave a great backstory to the first movie and fleshed out the world a lot. I'm looking forward to the third film, and if I have to wait 10 years again, then so be it :)

I wish they would have given the Cenco plushie out as a prize!
p r o f i l e 👀
Jul 6, 2019 11:16 AM
Sep 2018
Has this been subbed? Really wanted to watch it!
Jul 7, 2019 12:28 AM

Jul 2017
Tsukino_ said:
Has this been subbed? Really wanted to watch it!

Naruleach and I both watched it at a panel at Anime Expo 2019. Unfortunately, I don’t know when it’s going to be released officially, but hopefully soon.
Jul 8, 2019 1:38 PM

Nov 2009
Omg we've been waiting for it 3497323 years, finally its here
Jul 9, 2019 12:02 AM
Mar 2016
So... finally it summer 2014 now huh.
One season but it feel like 5 years have past
Jul 10, 2019 9:43 PM
Jan 2015
I found it quite enjoyable, but I'm a sucker for those cute kite moments.
Also I was at the front row closest to the Cenco plushie. Really wanted to steal it.
Jul 14, 2019 8:54 PM
Mar 2016
where you guys watch it ? in Japan theater ?
Nov 16, 2019 10:45 AM

May 2017
8/10
I hope the next sequel won't take 10 years

really like the ending song

Dec 5, 2019 4:39 AM
Mar 2016
Finally, it available online,
Creator on hitatus for this late 10 years because Digimons Tri, Still don't get why the character design take that much time.
At least, the screentime minus 24 minutes of the first movies, it still have double the length.
The story easy to follow there is not much to say. Cool animation, sound, etc...
And... I like the new chick's character design. But for the personally, Yuki in this new episode showing her is better waifu for my liking
Dec 19, 2019 8:51 AM
May 2018
I like the artstyle, animation, music and overall sound design but the story is still... They're fighting, destroying the city but they're all acting like if their mom was forcing them to do the dishes or something. Without a clear story it just seems like everyone besides the blonde guy is a bunch of assholes, especially the octopus stealing girl. The main guy lost his arm because of her, she refused to give back Cenco and because of that he got his ass kicked like a 100 times and then at the end she acts like he owes her something, apparently not remembering that he hates her guts and betrayed her like 5 minutes earlier and that he got Cenco back thanks to the enemy and not thanks to her.
Dec 28, 2019 6:43 PM
Jul 2018
Actual sequel starts at around 25:38, it was fun basically fleshed out more the original because I don't feel the original doesn't stand strong on its own. The sequel had a lot of dialogue exchanges that makes it different atmosphere than original. The battles and some twists were pretty cool imo albeit didn't like Yuki gets too much special that's growing bit more plot convenient. I hope the new upcoming sequel will flesh out the worldbuilding more rather than more battles.
Jan 11, 2020 7:22 PM

Jun 2015
They added character(s) and a bit of explanation to what happened in the original, as well as following a more reasonable pace instead of the rather precipitated one it had.

Those factors combined make the sequel better in making me care about what is going on, and in general a more noteworthy experience.
Jan 12, 2020 11:41 AM

Jul 2014
All good and well but I still can't stand Yuki.
Feb 1, 2020 8:50 AM

Dec 2015
More of the same with a few possibilities to explore sprinkled here and there.

Score: 6/10
Enjoyment: 4/5
Feb 3, 2020 5:28 PM

May 2012
They sure took their damn time for this sequel, damn 10 years... Will season three be 20 years until it is finished?

Jokes aside, it was still cool a ever, the pacing and in general dialogue were very damn plain, but other than that, this sure is Cencoroll!
Feb 28, 2020 8:38 AM

Sep 2007
Can I just say...
THIS WAS SO COOL

Worth the wait. See you all in another 10 years when Cencoroll 3 comes out lol
Mar 17, 2020 12:02 PM
Apr 2012
I enjoyed this a lot.

Sometimes, you don't need some super over the top plot. I would've liked it of they weren't in high school. But it is what it is.

Simple fun.
May 12, 2020 6:53 AM

Jul 2013
yuki is so fucking annoying can she please get sliced by cenco, i would celebrate
Just an anime fan, doing what an anime fan does
Jun 8, 2020 2:13 PM
May 2015
I really like the first movie, but this one was honestly boring to watch, plus Yuki is just ther most annoying character in a long time. " oh I will just steal your pet and not return it to you for no reason even though you asked me several times"
Jun 11, 2020 7:29 AM

May 2020
First 24 minutes is for Cencoroll to refresh our mind on back day in 2009 and after it went to Cencoroll Connect or Cencoroll 2 at 2019. There is a gap between 10 years with the same graphic and animation.

Movie was enjoyable and fun to watch. Adding more detail and brightness on it so it was look colorful than the old one. Effect still not changing but having more character and quality animation was a great change.Intense battle was like free for all and ended up tag team (Yuki and Tetsu). Yuki power is really cool, can take over the aliens. Her power is Distortion. In my opinion Yuki's appearance it still out of the blue and don't know what side she is. Still doesn't change my mind I give it 8/10 just like Cencoroll.

Worth to watch and enjoyable.

See ya in 2030 guys, God bless you
sharosharoJun 11, 2020 7:44 AM
Jun 15, 2020 5:27 AM

Mar 2013
I thought Yuki couldn't return him? It's a new power for her so either she doesn't know how or she isn't capable. She was still pretty boring. At the beginning she was 'oh cool monsters' and then 'nope, don't wanna get envolved with cool monster fights'. And do agree that characters don't look like they are having kaiju fights at all. Curious what's the deal with Shuu, what did he want from all of this. The music and sound were AWESOME! My ears were in heaven.
Jun 22, 2020 8:53 AM

Oct 2017
A bit better than the first part but this was so so. Also eh they included the original cencoroll in this movie too.

The only good thing about this movie was the ed, it was great.

Wow if the short hair girl wasn't annoying enough they added a new arrogant megane bitch, tch. On the other hand I like all three of the guys

Hopefully part 3 will be better, looking forward to it.
Aug 9, 2020 6:03 AM

Nov 2008
The fact that the first 25 minutes of this is just the first Cencoroll should be on details page here on MAL. If i knew it beforehand, i wouldn't have rewatched the original prior to watching this.
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Jul 3, 2021 7:15 AM

Aug 2017
Less action-packed than the first movie (probably to balance out the longer length). Kaname is kinda cute. Another 10 years for the third movie? :p It's too long even given that one person did the entire 75 minutes of Cencoroll 1+2.

Shuu got an eyepatch for some reason, huh.

I also didn't realize that Atsuya Uki designed characters for Tsuritama (another Yuki there!) while watching it. Wish he did more work outside of Cencoroll too.
St0rmbladeJul 3, 2021 8:15 AM
Aug 1, 2021 11:57 AM
Jan 2009
This was honestly pretty horrible compared to the original. It was almost twice as long and had five times as much dialogue with about the same amount of actual story. Very huge dislike.
Aug 6, 2021 4:58 PM
Jul 2019
Brother, I don't understand Tetsu, why is he still with Yuki after he stole Cenco and refused to return him. And this Shun ... you really don't remember wanting to take Cenco from Tetsu. Still, brother, this movie was great, but I still don't understand why Cenco doesn't get back to his original giant form?
Aug 7, 2021 1:04 PM

Sep 2017
Magnificent. Masterpiece. If anime had an essence, and someone would've taken it to make it purer, this anime would've been the result. A true gem among the never ending see of not-so-famous anime. The fighting, the soundtrack, the romance, the plot, the art, the ability to keep your heart pounding the whole time, the relationship we see develop between the characters, slowly having a soul being blown into them by the anime, this truly should be the schema all anime aim to achieve
خ
Aug 24, 2021 4:51 AM
Jan 2017
i dont like the heroine,,
overal story is good enough the ending song is good too, i love supercell and EGOIST
6/10
Mar 12, 2022 11:06 AM

Jan 2009
so Cenco is like a race of animal aliens with special abilities i guess and they act like symbiotes to its human controller

Yuki meanwhile is a twister that can steal the control of this animal aliens what a scary power

now waiting for part 3

i notice that part 1 is already included in this part 2 too thats why its 1 hour long episode
Apr 29, 2023 2:30 PM
Apr 2015
LUakaPAIN said:
Brother, I don't understand Tetsu, why is he still with Yuki after he stole Cenco and refused to return him. And this Shun ... you really don't remember wanting to take Cenco from Tetsu. Still, brother, this movie was great, but I still don't understand why Cenco doesn't get back to his original giant form?
LUakaPAIN said:

this is not cenco, it is the monster that tried to eat him
Aug 24, 2023 7:58 AM
Apr 2021
I don’t like yuki. Everytime I see her I wanted to drop the movie but I stuck through 6/10

More topics from this board

» "#Love feat. Ann, gaku" music video has been released!

Kougeru - Jul 29, 2019

4 by Kougeru »»
Aug 6, 2019 9:16 AM

» New Trailer

Zaugr - Jun 14, 2019

2 by EGOIST »»
Jun 30, 2019 10:39 AM

» What happened to CENCOROLL 2

removed-user - Mar 25, 2016

35 by Clizeryuu »»
Apr 10, 2019 7:16 PM

» Preview

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2014

28 by constanze »»
Apr 10, 2017 5:21 AM

» Does anybody know when Cencoroll 2 premieres?

Koi_No_Yokan_ - Nov 17, 2015

2 by Mayuka »»
Nov 18, 2015 6:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.