Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 24, 2019 12:48 PM
Oct 2016
I had never heard of Dororo before the anime came out, but could someone explain the ending to me? I am confusion.
Jun 24, 2019 1:03 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Still gonna give it a 9/10 since i'm more leaning towards it but it could've been a strong 9 if the middle of the series would've been better.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jun 24, 2019 1:05 PM

Feb 2014
Finally the long journey comes to an end. Dororo walks the pathe her father and mother ever dreamed for, Hyakkimaru moves toward becoming a human. With all those turn of events, salvation came as none expected. RIP Tahomaru and the two mothers.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jun 24, 2019 1:10 PM

Sep 2017
A great finale for a very good show. Let's break it down like I usually do, episode discussion first then my final thoughts on Dororo. Also, before I begin, they finally released the full version of that B A N G E R of an ED. Click that for free sound-gasms.

The animation between this Hyakkimaru x Tahomaru fight is so well animated. I've seen better-animated fights from the likes of maybe Kizumonogatari and One Punch Man, but for a grounded environment like this, the animation was god-tier. Those flashbacks with Tahomaru listing off what he believes Hyakkimaru stole from him was sad. It would be traumatizing for any child to have their mother seemingly only love her long lost son instead of you, alive and well. It's not particularly surprising that Tahomaru holds a grudge for Hyakkimaru in that respect. I can't believe Hyakkimaru is shrugging off holding two swords like that as if it is nothing. It looks so painful. How did Jukai get up there in the first place? Hyakkimaru sparing at the last moment was great - it really shows how much the two of them have evolved as characters. Tahomaru ripping his eyes reminded me of Corpse Party, which was... nice. One could argue that the last demon fight was super anti-climatic, but I don't think it was ever supposed to serve as the climax as the episode or show, so I'm fine with it. I wish they could have given it more than two minutes though. Why did Jukai and Nuinokata stay behind? My best guess is Jukai finally wanted to rest in peace and Nuinokata wanted to stay behind and pass away with her son. Dororo getting embarrassed over Hyakkimaru calling her pretty was so cute! Dororo found a good use for her money. Good for her. I honestly thought Hyakkimaru was going to kill Daigo, but I was happy he didn't. Hyakkimaru will be able to happily live as a human after overcoming such an obstacle. Dororo got hot... WTF, when did Hyakkimaru get so hot?

Dororo is incredible evidence that one can take outdated and even subjectively poor source material and improve it to a level of greatness that even some original shows have difficulty achieving. With a beautiful and fresh art design in conjunction with an excellent direction staff and animation style, along with interesting characters and an interesting plot, it is easily one of the better shows from 2019 and one I have no trouble recommending. I give Dororo an 8/10.

Jun 24, 2019 1:17 PM

Dec 2016
Truly great show that definitely had its up and downs but was still very fun to watch despite some of those lows
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jun 24, 2019 1:26 PM
Jan 2019
A good anime Good scenes of actions, good stories, good characters, good plot. Although he lacked some emotion at the end and I would have liked a fight between Hyakkimaru and his father turned into a demon. But, I was really surprised by Hyakkimaru's final decision, expressing with words "I am human, you do not become a demon either, live as a human".
In short, this story was a story of redemption, revenge and compassion. It's not what I expected, but in a way I'm satisfied.

I know that the first version of this story only had one season, but I would like a second season of this remake. I would like to see at least how Dororo and Hyakkimaru meet again in the future. Well, at least one ONA of 3 episodes 😅.

Dororo looked really beautiful as a teenager. I liked that they showed us that final scene: ').
Well, I say goodbye to one of my favorite animes. It was an honor to have followed this story with you.

PS: I downloaded the opening songs and the ending to always carry this anime in my heart: ').

Score: 8/10
SiriusDFvckJun 24, 2019 1:42 PM
Jun 24, 2019 1:35 PM
Oct 2016
the best part of this final episode was exactly the end Dororo turned into a waifu "😁😂😂

but overall it could have been better.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 24, 2019 1:41 PM

Jan 2018
Great finale for an amazing series. A few episodes were below average, but another few episodes went above and beyond.

The animation in episode 6, 21, 23 and 24 was simply incredible, and it's honestly contender for AOTY excluding sequels.

9.4/10
Jun 24, 2019 1:57 PM

Jun 2016
Am I the only one who sees a second season?
Jun 24, 2019 1:57 PM
Apr 2016
Zaugr said:
This ending was almost as badly paced and executed as Game of Thrones'... This show started with such ambitious potential, and it has such a strong, distinct personality, but yet man has it dropped off in quality and disappointed... I find myself in-between liking this and disliking this show.
I really admire the studio/committee for taking such a risk with such an old work, and from what I've read a lot of the changes they've made have been smart ones, but in the end it just didn't work. The script by far the weakest part of this--it's felt so disjointed. It's felt as if we've had 24 episodes but the actual content for less than 10... So much time was wasted on episodic mini-adventures that not only failed at being entertaining, but also offered nothing new or interesting in terms of our two protagonists' personal development and relationship--which we so desperately needed more of for this show to be half as compelling as it wanted to be. This awful structure has meant it's had to rush certain developments without the needed build up in this final arc, and man as a result has it all felt weak. Much like Game of Thrones, the actual plot points of what happened in this final part aren't even too bad in concept they've just been poorly paced and executed... I can take Hyakki's parents and brother dying. Dunno if I can take them dying for seemingly no reason at all, from just waiting for the flaming building to collapse on them... I can take it ending happily for Dororo. Dunno if I can take Dororo trusting these random three guys (who the show decided to make proper characters out of just two episodes ago) just like that and managing all that money with them just fine without Hyakki's protection... I can take Tahomaru's character being defined by his insecurity about, and lack of motherly love growing up. Dunno if I can take that literally being the only bit of depth to his character... I can take Hyakki and Tahomaru realising their wrongs and coming to treat each other like bros. Dunno if I can take that development as suddenly and quickly as it was introduced and developed here, after the entire show of fighting and hating each other (same with Hyakki and his father), being spurred on just because Hyakki missed an attack on purpose... And I could go on.

I feel like this show had everything great in concept, but utilized and delivered on none of it well. They could have shown and done so much more with Dororo, Hyakki and their relationship for example... The world had room to be so much more interesting and compelling... The demons could have been so much more intimidating... The action so much more entertaining... It has just all disappointed. For a show with so much sword fighting and battles, it pains me too that the only actual highlight for me in terms of the fighting out of these 24 episodes was that one moment back in the first few episodes where Hyakki lost it at the samurai after Mio's death. Oh and maybe that second Hyakki vs Tahoumaru & Co battle...

Also, was starting to really get tired of Biwamaru's whole "oh I'm not an actual character--I'm just here as a narrative tool to explicitly explain and go through the super deep themes and meaning whenever they are most relevant for the stupid, incapable audience" shit. Started feeling so out of place and contrived. And it really shows so much confidence in their storytelling... To have to explain away every potential bit of depth and nuance.

This is exactly how i feel about this show 100%, it looks like you are reading my mind jaja, i found the animation and battles mediocre for the most part, too much monster of the week episodes that felt like filler, Hyakkimaru has the personality of a stone and his relationship with Dooro was not developed well enough, the story premise is interesting at first but did not deliver for me in the end, i didn´t like how Hyakkimaru left Dororo behind in the end or did not understand why the hell Tahomaru, his mother and the prostetic limbs guy had to die in the burning castle? WTF moment for me. The only scene i really loved about the entire show was when Mio and the children are murdered by those samurai guys and Hyakkimaru butchers them all, i think the build up in episodes 5 and 6 to that scene is very good. Definitively a 6/10 for me, this anime series is "lost potential - the animation".
charlieman999Jul 28, 2019 10:27 AM
Jun 24, 2019 2:07 PM

May 2014
It's over! I wish we got to see more Dororo and Hyakkimaru interaction after ho got his eyes back. A bit more of older Dororo would've been nice too, but i'm glad we got the tease at the end that they meet again.

Really solid anime. 8/10
Jun 24, 2019 2:07 PM

May 2017
Anime started off strong (Mio arc my fav), kinda was dragging on in the middle sadly to the point where it almost became boring but the ending wrapped it up nicely.

Dont rly need a fullblown sequel but an atleast an ova would be nice to let grown up Dororo and Hyakkimaru have some chill catching up time
Jun 24, 2019 2:22 PM
Aug 2018
A very good anime. I really liked it. 8/10 for me overall.

The last episode was a bit disappointing tho. They should've shown a bit more of what happens after the timeskip. Atleast we got a glimpse of the grown up Dororo.

And btw WTF?! Why did Tahomaru , his Mom and the other guy die for no reason at all?? To make things worse the Mom says that she will watch over Tahomaru from now on since Hyakkimaru can now finally live his life like a human... And the next thing u know , THEY FRICKING DIE. *FACEPALM*
Jun 24, 2019 2:35 PM

Feb 2013
I'm glad he didn't turn into a demon.
Jun 24, 2019 2:36 PM

Jul 2014
We actually got a happy ending? Man oh Man I am surprised.

The final act of the story was rushed and Haykki's and Tahou development were a little rushed, I also had some bones to pick with the animation, but over, it's pretty good.

8/10

More this, please.

Sep 2011
I liked it, but tahomaru, his mom, and hyakimaru's dad's deaths were so fucking forced. that said I do love how they handled the confrontation with daigo, let him live with his sins as a parallel to hyakimaru who is trying to atone for his, also adult dororo is a massive cutie shame we only got 1 small cut of her.

great first half, rough middle, and solid final act, all in all id give it a solid 8 or so, definitely could of been a bit better in places.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 2016
Ended way better than it could, considering the original creator. Guess they decided to go hand in hand with the time and did not follow the spirit of... you know whatever. A great ending.

Some interesting moments: Both Hyakkimaru and Tahoomaru have their swords glowing blue - their resolve is just and neither of them is bad, its the demons and the tragedy who made them fight each other.
Daigo trying to taunt Hyakkimaru by saying he will feed him to demons again was an obvious attempt to anger his own son into murdering him, thus reuniting with everyone he has lost. Naturally, blessed be statuettes, Hyakkimaru became human in all meanings of this word and left his father contemplating his regrets alone.
SaRaN99 said:
A very good anime. I really liked it. 8/10 for me overall.

The last episode was a bit disappointing tho. They should've shown a bit more of what happens after the timeskip. Atleast we got a glimpse of the grown up Dororo.

And btw WTF?! Why did Tahomaru , his Mom and the other guy die for no reason at all?? To make things worse the Mom says that she will watch over Tahomaru from now on since Hyakkimaru can now finally live his life like a human... And the next thing u know , THEY FRICKING DIE. *FACEPALM*

You do not understand a large piece of art here. By saying she will watch over Tahoomaru she implies she will be there with him in the afterlife, being there together. Wherever it takes them. Tahoomaru, relieved that she is finally there for him, closes his eyes, accepting their fate. As both three played part in this tragedy, they perished but clearly did so in virtuous way. The main culprit to the whole mess, Daigo, is alive since his suffering is now living alone in a world he destroyed himself.
Re:formed
Jun 24, 2019 2:37 PM
Apr 2016
JizzyHitler said:
I liked it, but tahomaru, his mom, and hyakimaru's dad's deaths were so fucking forced

Hyakkimaru's real dad is alive and regrets that, though.
Jun 24, 2019 2:40 PM

Sep 2017
Well, I feel bad for Tahomaru, I think that the character did not have to die and I felt that they let him die, I felt bad for him always ignored by his mother.
Jun 24, 2019 2:42 PM
Apr 2016
Zaugr said:
This ending was almost as badly paced and executed as Game of Thrones'... This show started with such ambitious potential, and it has such a strong, distinct personality, but yet man has it dropped off in quality and disappointed... I find myself in-between liking this and disliking this show.
I really admire the studio/committee for taking such a risk with such an old work, and from what I've read a lot of the changes they've made have been smart ones, but in the end it just didn't work. The script by far the weakest part of this--it's felt so disjointed. It's felt as if we've had 24 episodes but the actual content for less than 10... So much time was wasted on episodic mini-adventures that not only failed at being entertaining, but also offered nothing new or interesting in terms of our two protagonists' personal development and relationship--which we so desperately needed more of for this show to be half as compelling as it wanted to be. This awful structure has meant it's had to rush certain developments without the needed build up in this final arc, and man as a result has it all felt weak. Much like Game of Thrones, the actual plot points of what happened in this final part aren't even too bad in concept they've just been poorly paced and executed... I can take Hyakki's parents and brother dying. Dunno if I can take them dying for seemingly no reason at all, from just waiting for the flaming building to collapse on them... I can take it ending happily for Dororo. Dunno if I can take Dororo trusting these random three guys (who the show decided to make proper characters out of just two episodes ago) just like that and managing all that money with them just fine without Hyakki's protection... I can take Tahomaru's character being defined by his insecurity about, and lack of motherly love growing up. Dunno if I can take that literally being the only bit of depth to his character... I can take Hyakki and Tahomaru realising their wrongs and coming to treat each other like bros. Dunno if I can take that development as suddenly and quickly as it was introduced and developed here, after the entire show of fighting and hating each other (same with Hyakki and his father), being spurred on just because Hyakki missed an attack on purpose... And I could go on.

I feel like this show had everything great in concept, but utilized and delivered on none of it well. They could have shown and done so much more with Dororo, Hyakki and their relationship for example... The world had room to be so much more interesting and compelling... The demons could have been so much more intimidating... The action so much more entertaining... It has just all disappointed. For a show with so much sword fighting and battles, it pains me too that the only actual highlight for me in terms of the fighting out of these 24 episodes was that one moment back in the first few episodes where Hyakki lost it at the samurai after Mio's death. Oh and maybe that second Hyakki vs Tahoumaru & Co battle...

Also, was starting to really get tired of Biwamaru's whole "oh I'm not an actual character--I'm just here as a narrative tool to explicitly explain and go through the super deep themes and meaning whenever they are most relevant for the stupid, incapable audience" shit. Started feeling so out of place and contrived. And it really shows so much confidence in their storytelling... To have to explain away every potential bit of depth and nuance.

No you are wrong, they did a perfectly fine job with explaining the themes of morality and philosophy, because their primary viewers are really that - unable to get it themselves. Just like that. I always applaud series that do not try to cater to developed, experienced individuals and instead take care of the little guys watching colorful pictures moving. The series that try to cater to developed, experienced individuals, though? I applaud them even more.
Jun 24, 2019 2:45 PM
May 2016
It was rushed AF, you didn't even get the chance to feel anything.... Kinda disappointed with how they worked it out... The story is nice, so the episode could have been better. If only more attention was given to details in order for it to be a decent anime, and not for the sake of ending it asap...
Jun 24, 2019 2:46 PM

May 2015
Great ending, especially when I realized the villager's VA was Nikuman Kun lol
Jun 24, 2019 2:51 PM
May 2016
I prefered the more episodic episodes that weren't so bogged down by philosophy. Seeing More and more of Hyakkimaru's personality come out with each body part he reclaimed. So when he stop getting parts back the sense of progression was reduced and then it starts to act like something was wrong in Hyakkimaru's character but wasn't doing much too actually show it. We just have Biwamaru tells us.
Jun 24, 2019 2:55 PM
Apr 2018
I watched 23 and 24 together.

So glad Tahomaru's friends were killed, I couldn't stand them but the way the horse was killed was dumb.

Taho and Hyakki's fight was pretty cool. I really don't see how Dororo decided to trust those three guys.

Overall, it was entertaining but I was expecting the plot to move faster instead of being rather episodic so that kinda killed my enthusiasm for this. It was wrapped up nicely and I liked the voice actors, especially Dororo since she did sound like an actual kid.
Jun 24, 2019 2:58 PM

Jan 2019
Not the perfect anime, but an amazing anime.

9/10
Jun 24, 2019 3:05 PM
May 2019
9/10

Hyakki got all his remains, he's stay as human with forgiving his brother and father
her mom decide to die with Tahomaru because she never spend her time with him, damn
Junkai saved Hyakkimaru and seeing Hyakkimaru not turned into demon he then could die peacefully
Hyakkimaru go alone left Dororo alone for years
now we see Dororo grown up, its like she's now 15+ years old SHE SO BEAUTIFUL!!!
she finally meet Hyakkimaru again, i hope they married
Jun 24, 2019 3:06 PM

Oct 2017
Ok, so, uhhh R.I.P in peace every Hyakki's blood relative and... he and Dororo lived happily ever after... walking around and... doing.. stuff...? is that all?

I mean, the ending was ok. Kinda lacking though
lostinexistenceJun 24, 2019 3:14 PM
Jun 24, 2019 3:10 PM

Apr 2017
The ending didn't make me disappointed. Hyakkimaru finally retrieved his body parts, forgiving his brother and telling his father that he wasn't a demon because he's already a human from the first place. Oh! Our smart Dororo helped the village by using her money. It was a happy ending - seeing Dororo grew up to being a fine young girl and the last scene, she ran to Hyakkimaru. Overall, I'm giving this anime with a score of 8/10. Nice ending!
Jun 24, 2019 3:17 PM
May 2016
SaiDrew said:
I watched 23 and 24 together.

So glad Tahomaru's friends were killed, I couldn't stand them but the way the horse was killed was dumb.

Taho and Hyakki's fight was pretty cool. I really don't see how Dororo decided to trust those three guys.

Overall, it was entertaining but I was expecting the plot to move faster instead of being rather episodic so that kinda killed my enthusiasm for this. It was wrapped up nicely and I liked the voice actors, especially Dororo since she did sound like an actual kid.

She sounds like a kid because she voice by a child actress.

Also she doesn't 100% trust those three guys which is why she didn't tell where all the treasure is and is going to the island by herself to get what they need to start.
Jun 24, 2019 3:18 PM

Apr 2015
I was honestly expecting a not so happy ending, but we got one either way... eventho some characters died I didn't expect dying, Jukai & Hyakkimaru's Mum, I am pretty satisfied with that ending. Wish there was a bit more of the adult version of Dororo.

9/10, could have been an easy 10 in my book if it wasn't for the odd art/animation drop during the Moth arc. That shit was just atrocious.
Jun 24, 2019 3:21 PM

Apr 2017
The only good thing about this episode was that it's the last so now I don't have to suffer anymore watching such nonsense.
Jun 24, 2019 3:23 PM

Sep 2012
Well, that was a boring ending.

Let me push you towards the exit while we all die in a burning castle because reasons.

6/10, I guess.
Jun 24, 2019 3:25 PM

Jul 2014
Party is over and I honestly don't know how to feel about it.

-I liked the conclusion of the fight between Hyakkimaru and Tahomaru, neither of them was bad but human.

-I didn't like that both mothers went there simply to die, like, I understand that Jukai fulfilled his purpose and it was time to finally rest in peace but I didn't like that Nui didn't even try to go out with his two children. There was time, and even if Tahomaru died anyway, the way the series ended with Hyakki and Dororo splitting up, I think it was the perfect time for her to redeem her guilt for abandoning her children in one way or another, taking care of Dororo.

-I loved Daigo's scene.

-I hated Hyakki and Dororo splitting up, like why?! You made Hyakki live and now you do this to me. And one of the things I expected the most was to see a grown up Dororo and we saw her... for 2 seconds :/, I know it's implicit that she reunites with Hyakki again but it felt so unsatisfying. You were so close to satisfying me with Hyakki and Dororo starting a new path together and giving me an epilogue with both grown-ups but you decided to take another route and MEH.

So overall, it was a good series. I liked the whole Daigo plot and the fights were a real pleasure to watch. On the other hand, the beginning of the second half was probably the worst part of the series and I was never much of a fan of how the gray morality was portrayed, especially in the second half where I think it even became repetitive.
SkyLETVJun 24, 2019 5:55 PM
Jun 24, 2019 3:30 PM
Apr 2018
@yasuda1986 I know that. My point was that Dororo's VA wasn't some adult forcing a younger voice.

Eh, going all by herself doesn't seem like a foolproof plan since one of them could follow her, steal the money after she comes back, but whatever, those three seemed good guys.

Edit: my comment wasn't finished.
Jun 24, 2019 3:33 PM

Oct 2011
Anime had consistently decent background art. Glad we got to see an older Hyakkimaru and Dororo.
The priest was probably the best character of the show, in my opinion.
Can such a dream truely exist?
Jun 24, 2019 3:46 PM

Sep 2011
Tahomaru went from blaming Hyakkimaru for every single thing he could, while trying to deny his existence as if he left that castle out of his own free will as a baby, to giving back his eyes out of his own initiative. I don't really dislike that he was able to be human again in the end, but the transition didn't feel natural. I also hate that Jukai went there with Nui just so that they could burn to death together with Tahomaru. It's an awful way to go, and though I found poetic and understandable, to see Nui finally being there for her youngest son in his last moments knowing that her firstborn was going to be fine, it was still hard. Maybe Jukai was looking for a place to die too, and he did save Hyakkimaru in more ways than one, so I think he could go in peace, but still.

Then Daigo, who continued to be worst ever, admitted that his only "mistake" was not ending Hyakkimaru's life himself after he survived the pact, and said that he would try to strike as many deals as necessary, using Hyakkimaru as a bargaining chip again if he could. I understand why Hyakkimaru didn't kill him, but I would like to be sure that he died since everything happened because of him. But I guess it's safe to assume that he did die, and won't be able to hurt anyone anymore. Well, it's over. Hyakkimaru is a survivor, and human. I just would've liked it more if his reunion with Dororo was somewhat more "concrete", but I guess I can still call this a happy ending. At least for the two of them.
Jun 24, 2019 3:53 PM
Nov 2015
The're was absolutely no reason at all for them to die. Hyakkimaru and his brother had already settled things up, and noone was going to die if not for their on will. This just makes no sense.
Jun 24, 2019 4:27 PM

Jul 2012
Well, what a ride!
I also felt the ending was rushed and underwhelming. I'm glad both Hyakki and Dororo survived the series, though.
Overall a pretty good anime, first cour was great, second cour was ok.
Jun 24, 2019 4:30 PM

Dec 2012
This was such a great anime with a beautiful story and animation. I'll admit that the ending felt rushed, and I wish we had seen more of Hyakkimaru and Dororo towards the end. I'm sad it's over. Could we get an OVA? lol
Jun 24, 2019 4:31 PM
Jan 2017
The scene when his mother and ¨father¨ die is the most heart-wrenching .
Jun 24, 2019 4:35 PM
May 2015
I was unbelievably nervous during this last episode! I'm so tired of being disappointed by the ending of shows I really like. But that wasn't the case this time. When Hyakkimaru was fighting his brother I thought one or the other had to die, but was dumbfounded when Tohoumaru gave the eyes back willingly! I only wish there could've been one last boss battle between Hyakki and the last demon. But truth be told, I didnt need any more angst at this point.

(Also I didn't see a point in Hyakki's mom, adoptive dad, and brother staying in the fire -_- "Let's just make it sad to be sad")

Very sad that Dororo and Hyakkimaru separated but the snippet of their reunion was everything. Would've preferred a more fleshed out scene but hey. I knew my girl Dororo would be beautiful. I'm sure they'll be together from then on. I got the ending I pictured more or less. It was a happy ending and I think it was fitting.
Jun 24, 2019 4:50 PM
Jul 2011
Now this is how you do an ending.
Jun 24, 2019 4:55 PM

Jun 2015
Pretty good story but the animation was pretty bad for Mappa's standards. It had its moments but some episodes were really wack. All in all a 7/10 is fair for it.
Fortune favours the bold!

Jun 24, 2019 5:11 PM
Jun 2011
Ending was rushed, but it was justified. The decision for them to die in the fire was pointless. That said however, if Tahomaru made it out alive, after accepting a pact with the demon, I was ready to riot. I assume his father died as well, but I'm disappointed that we never got to see that. It's only implied.
Jun 24, 2019 5:23 PM

Nov 2018
Some stuff didn't really make sense but I liked the episode overall. The end felt rushed tho.
This series had more potential than this. Still, thought-provoking.
Jun 24, 2019 5:25 PM

Mar 2017
Yet another series disappoints. Started with a strong/great first half and fails the landing. The ending wasn't impactful and was just okay. The second half was like a 5/10 compared to the 8/10 first half. Overall it's a 6/10. Just like Megalo box it started with so much hype/potential and now it's all wasted.
Jun 24, 2019 5:26 PM

Jul 2015
Jun 24, 2019 5:39 PM

Nov 2018
they should have been together. :(
but it was a beautiful anime. :(
Jun 24, 2019 6:16 PM

Oct 2015
That was a rushed ending, I wanted to see that emotional reunion and how Dororo was going to change the era. Most of all I wanted to see the older version of her more thoroughly. I didn't like that the father got to live at the end. I definitely sensed Hyakkimaru's mother was going to die with those death flags around her, but why didn't she save Tahomaru though? The ending was predictable and nothing special, They could've made it a bit of emotional and epic.

But overall I enjoyed it a lot, it made my Mondays worthwhile. The animation visuals weren't bad and the characters will be in my memory along with the plot. I just love Historical Japanese anime, I guess there won't be a season 2 for this one.

9/10
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 24, 2019 6:30 PM

Apr 2016
The last episode felt a bit rushed and it was underwhelming. Overall, series is a good 8/10.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is Dororo a boy or a girl ? ( 1 2 )

JanPri - Jan 15, 2019

80 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Apr 19, 11:39 AM

» Possible reason for such ending

Raajdeep - Oct 21, 2023

24 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Apr 19, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2019

204 by Shadowwolf21 »»
Apr 7, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2019

108 by Bubblarz »»
Mar 31, 1:52 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2019

143 by Chlatra »»
Mar 20, 7:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.