Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 21, 2019 9:47 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ha, the Zodiacs in this episode/show are hilarious. Haru can be such a flirt though, especially with Tohru.

Most importantly, Akito interacted with Tohru! Such an intimidating character if you ask me. The way Akito also intimidates Yuki in ways that makes him look traumatized. What a thrilling episode (mixed with some light comedy). Akito is someone to keep an eye on.
Jun 21, 2019 10:25 AM

Apr 2016
Oh fuck orochimaru's here.
Jun 21, 2019 10:38 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Wow, that was incredible.

As soon as Akito arrived, the mood plummeted. The music turned into Kuzu no Honkai-like OST again which is such a good choice to give away the dread.

Shocking stuff with Akito and Yuki.
Jun 21, 2019 10:44 AM

Jan 2018
I guess the curtain matches the carpet if you know what I mean (つ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ

Akito is scary (((゜Д゜;)))
Jun 21, 2019 10:48 AM

Aug 2013
Akito was quite scary. Especially the way she intimidated Yuki.

Jun 21, 2019 11:06 AM

Sep 2016
it was painful and intense to watch Yuki meeting Akito again. They did an impressive work capturing Yuki's fear, and how much terrified he was of Akito... damn...
Jun 21, 2019 11:19 AM

Apr 2019
Really liked this one the comedy was good and akito seems like a very intimidating character to me.
Jun 21, 2019 11:32 AM

May 2015
Tohru's voice is melting my brain. I don't mean it as a bad thing but still disturbing.
Jun 21, 2019 11:32 AM

Jan 2017
Best episode so far, so much different feelings in just one episode!
Jun 21, 2019 11:36 AM

Sep 2017
There were a distinctive two halves to this episode, so I will split my discussion here into two halves as well.

I never get tired of seeing cherry blossoms animated. Such a beautiful tree. I wish we had them over here in the States. First-years are already obsessing over Yuki? Is he that famous in the school district? I knew he was considered a prince and all but I didn't realize his fame transcended the limits of grade level. Shigure should just admit he's a lolicon (wait, are high school girls lolis?). Hanajima is still terrifying. Kyo protecting Tohru was so cute. I love her spacey face. I gotta admit, Momiji is rocking the girl's uniform, as is Hatsuharu rocking... whatever that is. If it looks good on you, who cares what you wear? The Student Council President is certainly... Something. Am I the only one that finds it funny that the voice actor for Miyuki Shirogane is arguing with a student council president from another anime? The president's sidekicks suddenly idolizing Momiji was hilarious. I never saw the original show, but I seem to remember this clip of Hatsuharu proving his hair color. Yuki and Kyo getting defensive over Tohru, especially because of her cluelessness, never gets old.

The second part involved the first major appearance we have gotten with Akito. He's obviously appeared here and there a few times, but this was the first time we actually got to see how terrifying of a character he really is. I was getting some nasty vibes as he was approaching Tohru. It's awful to think what torture Akito must have brought onto Yuki if someone so calm and collected normally begins shaking to the bone. Thankfully Tohru was able to save Yuki before he had what would have probably been a mental breakdown. The look of raw anger Kyo was giving Akito was badass as fuck. By ugly, was Akito referring to Tohru's tendency to build people up rather than bring them down? Wonder if Akito is a member of the Zodiac and what animal he is.
Jun 21, 2019 11:37 AM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
nice episode, i'm kinda unsatisfied with still knowing so little about akito but the interaction with tohru and her stepping up quickly to help yuki was great.
btw, does anybody know if this continues to air throughout the summer season or rather, it taking a break before continuing later with a second season?
Jun 21, 2019 12:11 PM

Sep 2017
akito san is very beautiful and im not sure why but i was expecting a tiny bit more,still looks good tho!

the fact that he called tohru ugly when shes the cutest,most pure soul ever just really makes me laugh since i feel like if he saw me irl hed spit on me...anyways im looking forward for the next episode with maybe a new op? this reboot is blowing me away,im glad they decided to re do it!

"those who aren't able to find a more miserable person than themselves turn to the internet and call others losers,even though they've never met"- Satou from nhk
Jun 21, 2019 12:17 PM

Jul 2014
Does everyone in this show have to be so loud and obnoxious? The student council president is just the latest in a long line of annoyingly over-the-top characters in this show.

Also, holy crap the tone changed dramatically when Akito appeared, to the point where it almost felt like a different show to the first half. It was impressive though, with some truly palpable tension throughout and a seriously dark tone; Akito seems an incredibly unpleasant person so far, but there seems to be a lot to explore with him.
Jun 21, 2019 12:37 PM
Jun 2015
Good episode. Loved the tension.

Mhh the ending seems to stay that way for now. I wonder if Kyou will ever get off that tree and closer to Tohru. Baka neko.
Jun 21, 2019 12:37 PM

Apr 2013
I didn't figure out what Haru did to prove his natural hair color until years after watching the OG.
Jun 21, 2019 1:06 PM
Mar 2015
Momiji does look great in the girls uniform and has female followers already. The student council president was hilarious Loved the way Haru proved his natural hair color. Torhu is just too naive. Got to love her space cadet look
Akito just could not resist intimidating Yuki and reminding Kyou of their deal Glad Torhu intervened.
At the end Hatori saying that when Shigure said Torhu was cute it did sound criminal
Jun 21, 2019 1:08 PM

Sep 2008
Chapters 19 and 20 were adapted for this latest episode, pretty much the equivalent of the 2001 anime's 13th episode. Nothing too big was changed here like recent episodes. Here were differences I spotted:

-The shot showing a limo driving up to the front of the school and Tohru noticing it was added for the anime.
-In the flashback with Shigure, Tohru and the boys were dressed in casual clothes in the manga instead of their school clothes.
-When Arisa reacted to hearing about Haru and Momiji being students at the school, she had lowered her mask while talking in the manga.
-While Kyo's thinking about how spacey Tohru is, there were some small things in this part removed that included Kyo recalling his reaction to Tohru not asking for a specific classroom and some schoolgirls in the background swooning over Kyo.
-When Kyo hit Momiji for noticing him wearing the girl's uniform, the anime added the additional scene of Kyo shaking Momiji by the collar.
-Hatsuharu has different necklace designs in the manga throughout both chapters. Plus, he did not wear a choker as the anime depicted.
-A few lines in the exchanges between Tohru and the Sohma boys (before the arrival of the student council) got removed.
-When the student council arrive on the scene in the manga, Kyo and Momiji had animal ears up for their respective zodiac animal and the student council members were in silhouette before the president made his introduction.
-In the daydream the two female council members had imagining Momiji in a male school uniform, Momiji never said anything. Same situation when the school president imagined Yuki in a girl's uniform.
-When Haru dragged the president into the bathroom, the sign for it is on the right side of the doorway in the anime instead of the door. Plus, the President never screamed in reaction to Haru showing his body hair was natural in the manga.
-The two female council members didn't say good bye to Momiji in the manga as the president left the scene.
-Haru going back to his White mood and recovering from Kyo and Yuki whacking him was depicted a bit more on the exaggerated side in the manga.
-There's a brief scene removed showing an exhausted Yuki and Kyo thinking internally that they wish Haru and Momiji were at another school.
-The depiction of Momiji's revelation about Akito being on the school premises was different between the anime and manga. Since chapter 19 was about to wrap up during this point in the manga, there was little dialogue expressed after the point where Tohru mentioned Yuki and Kyo being exhausted from Momiji and Haru, other than Momiji revealing that Akito was on the school premises.
-A manga scene was removed with Yuki being in a gloomy mood as he walks in the hallway due to learning of Akito's arrival.
-The anime depicts the different circumstances where Akito and Tohru exchanged glances with one another when Tohru was at the main Sohma house, with Akito being in a limo passing by instead of observing Tohru through a window as the manga had it.
-Yuki noticing Akito and Tohru together outside through a window was added for the anime.
-Kyo's glare toward Akito was depicted to look more threatening for the anime.
-While Shigure and Hatori are talking, Hatori was smoking a cigarette in the manga.
-Chapter 20's conclusion had a scene where Tohru and the boys are discussing what to have for dinner. This got removed for the anime.
ggultra2764Jun 21, 2019 1:12 PM
Jun 21, 2019 1:14 PM

Aug 2013
I loved this episode! It's pretty similar to the 2001 adaptation so I'm very satisfied. Tohru pushing Akito aside was probably my favorite part, among with Hatori saying that if there's a person that caused you pain, it will be another that will heal those wounds (or something similar to that). Kyo's glance was also cool to see and Yuki being able to find happiness now warms my heart.
Jun 21, 2019 1:27 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I had forgotten all about Haru showing his bush to the Student Council Pres. LOL, well played.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 21, 2019 1:33 PM

Feb 2014
This episode did a really good job with balancing the comedy and the suspense, just like how the 2001 version handled it, too.

Mokoto is a bit of an annoyance, not afraid to remind people about his position as the student council president. Thank goodness Haru was the one to sort him out in more ways than one. I had to laugh when Haru tried to sweet talk Tohru, only to get punched by both Kyo and Yuki. XD

And Momiji's uniform looked great on him. It does fit his build and personality pretty well. =)

However, the suspense of the episode came with the arrival of Akito and the talk between him and Tohru was fine at first, but Yuki was quick to arrive on the scene. This is where Akito starts to show his true colours as he wasted no time before giving Yuki an intimating talk that left Yuki looking petrified. Tohru made a quick decision to defuse the situation and Aktio went on his way, but not before glancing at Kyo, who was in the hallway overlooking the school grounds, giving Aktio a death glare.

Things will go back to a lighter note next time, though, so I'm looking forward to seeing the next chapter being animated. =)
Jun 21, 2019 1:47 PM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
kagura-pb said:

S1 is supposed to be 25 episodes long, according to the DVD/BD listing on the official site, and there are some images from ep. 14 that have already leaked, so it's most likely going to continue into the summer season.

awesome, thanks for answering and have a nice day!
Jun 21, 2019 1:52 PM

Jul 2015
Ah, now I get it.
Hair on whole body have the same colour.
Including pubes.

Jun 21, 2019 2:07 PM

Mar 2017
My heart broke for poor Yuki this episode! I never want to see him that distressed again! What the fuck has Akito done to all of these boys?! Not gonna lie, there's something distinctly frightening about him...

Loved that scene were Haru 'proved his hair was natural' and bless innocent little Tohru for not getting it haha
Jun 21, 2019 3:04 PM

Oct 2010
Lol that girl in the beginning thought she looks like Hashimoto Kanna.
Jun 21, 2019 3:07 PM

Sep 2011
I wonder if there will be a new op and ed next week or if they are gonna keep the same one the whole season

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 21, 2019 3:23 PM

Aug 2018
Ok, I just tried to clarify something but it ain't that solved... is Akito male or female ? 'cause I always figured it was a "she" but the French translation used a "he". Right after the episode I checked the wiki, which says that the manga & 2001 anime chose the male gender while the current version features a female version.

In both cases, he or she looks quite evil, the way Yuki was treated tends to prove this trend.

I really hope there will be new episode next week !

EDIT : I pushed further my investigation and finally found the answer :
OtorezJun 21, 2019 3:34 PM
Jun 21, 2019 3:37 PM
Oct 2016
Otorez said:
Ok, I just tried to clarify something but it ain't that solved... is Akito male or female ? 'cause I always figured it was a "she" but the French translation used a "he". Right after the episode I checked the wiki, which says that the manga & 2001 anime chose the male gender while the current version features a female version.

In both cases, he or she looks quite evil, the way Yuki was treated tends to prove this trend.

I really hope there will be new episode next week !

EDIT : I pushed further my investigation and finally found the answer :

I really don't have anything to say so you can move on.
Jun 21, 2019 3:43 PM

Aug 2018
DustyHaze said:

Aight, you should not have told me that lol. Or you should have intervened just a few minutes earlier, actually.

Dunno, I honestly just wanted to clear a point that did not seem so important at first. Seems like it was, well, imma let it go then & keep watching eheh.

Jun 21, 2019 3:53 PM

Jun 2014
Good episode, very similar to the old anime (which had better soundtrack once again). Hatsuharu's voice actor in the old anime sounds better when switching between black and white personalities. But I like Akito's voice actor more in the remake/reboot. Looking forward to Ayame in the next episode, should be funny. And it's about time we got a new opening/ending, since these don't include all zodiacs we'll see in this season (and have just a glimpse of Akito). :3
SailorVekiJun 21, 2019 4:01 PM
Waiting for Gundam SEED Movie..... (ಥ‿ಥ)

Waiting for Sailor Moon Cosmos..... o(≧▽≦)o
Jun 21, 2019 4:02 PM

Nov 2016
About time for the main villain to appear. Well, poor Tohru, Akito seems to have a hate-boner:S Hope the other Sohma can protect her.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 21, 2019 4:11 PM

Nov 2011
I felt like the animation was really lacking in this episode. Especially with facial expressions. Nothing the bluray cant polish though. The episode overall was amazing. Akito is terrifying and kind of a Jerk. Little does Akito know Yuki is slowly becoming happier with the amazing people surrounding him.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 21, 2019 5:24 PM

Sep 2011
Their school year started, and now Momiji and Hatsuharu are officially part of their school life! I was kind of sad to see Kyou and Yuki being against Momiji's uniform choice when Tooru and Hatsuharu didn't even mind it. He should be free to wear what he likes, it's not like he is hurting anyone by doing it. I do agree with that obnoxious, and insufferable council president on one point though, it isn't fair to the other students. There is bound to be girls who would prefer to wear pants to school and other boys who would prefer to wear the girls' uniform like Momiji. But well, this is already another story, and at least there are schools in Japan where this choice is possible now, glad to see that Momiji was ahead of his time.

Oh, and Hatsuharu was rocking his uniform, as expected, and I liked when he became his 'black' self and made that guy shut up after shaking him up a bit, and proving that his hair color is natural in an incontestable way. lol Tooru is so pure though, she must be protected. And that's what Kyou did when those two randoms tried to approach her by the way, and I liked the scene. Then her meeting with Akito, it was tense, it was so tense that even Tooru realized that he was a scary person, and felt like she was hated. There's what he did with Hatori, and now there's what he did with Yuki, and we only got a glimpse of it so far. Judging by Kyou's killing gaze I guess he did something to him too.

And the way Akito talked about her in the way back, saying that she was ugly and dumb in a really condescending way. That was awful and uncalled for. And it seems he doesn't feel bad about the things he did at all. As he even said gladly that Yuki would go back to him because he is still scarred. Well, at least the episode ended on a wholesome note with that badminton game, and Hana-chan is still the MVP, but for a moment it was really tense.
Jun 21, 2019 5:27 PM
Jan 2019
Ray! It was a funny episode, until Akito appeared.
Hahaha, the discussion between Haru and the president of the Student Council, was very funny, especially the part when he tested the color of his natural hair. LOL 😂. It was the only way.
Certainly, it gave me chills when I saw Akito standing in front of Tooru. It was an unexpected scene, but it turned out to be better than I thought. Seeing how Tooru defended in some way, and calmed the fear, of Yuki, was impressive. She is pure goodness 😊.
Kyo's gaze was like a sword towards Akito. How much pain have caused both?

I really hate Akito, damn table! ... How dare you say "ugly" to my pretty Tooru? >: v. It's a bit confused, but "ugly", NO!
The only animal that occurs to me that is Akito in the Zodiac, is the serpent.
Jun 21, 2019 6:06 PM

Nov 2015
I'm happy that it's gonna be be 25 episodes !
Jun 21, 2019 6:09 PM

Oct 2015
As weird as it is, I like Akito. The guy/girl emanates a dark aura around him, I just like dark characters- I'm sorry.

That situation in the hallway between Momiji/Haru/Yuki/Kyo/Tohru and the student council was hilarious!

Wonder what did Haru show the pres?
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 21, 2019 6:36 PM
Sep 2017
Great episode - lots of laughter in the first half, tension in the next, finally ending on a sweet note. Really enjoyed the whole show!
Jun 21, 2019 7:02 PM

Oct 2008
Did Saitama & Kazuma lost again in this Souma universe!? lolz
poor Yuki seeing him extremly mortified and traumatized against Akito...
5/5.

Jun 21, 2019 7:23 PM
Feb 2019
I found this episode to be incredible. A great blend of comedy with a mix of tension and foreshadowing. Akito looks to be an incredible character, and likely the final antagonist of the story. Momiji is cutely annoying as always, Tohru is adorable as always, and Fruits Basket just keeps getting better and better. To me, no other anime this season can compete with it as of right now.
Jun 21, 2019 7:35 PM

Dec 2012
Amazing episode!! Great balance of comedy and intense scenes~ I knew what was going to happen, but Haru proving his hair color always makes me lol
Jun 21, 2019 7:56 PM

Apr 2013
one of my favorite episodes so far!!!
"people say i look like hashimoto kanna" lool
they did a very very good work capturing Yuki's fear for Akito and his emotions in general, and talking about Akito... god she rlly looks very handsome on this version omg
AND OH YES! ayame will finally make his appearance next week, so excited!
Jun 21, 2019 8:48 PM

Apr 2014
Akito literally got me tense in this episode. I thought he was going to go hands on Tohru that freaking punk. Kyo looked like he wanted to murder him if he did anything. Looks like Yuki has a lot of fear when seeing Akito. Will they overcome this?
Jun 21, 2019 9:36 PM
Jan 2019
Best episode so far !
Jun 21, 2019 9:48 PM

May 2014
Honestly this is my favorite episode so far. As a manga reader I’m very pleased to see the shift in tone. The Akito scene perfectly captured the true dynamic narratives in the series. The whole “the carpets match the drapes” scene is honestly very memorable and I’m glad they still animated it in for a second time ! I’m just so in love with this episode. It was done perfectly.
Oscar and Andre deserved better
Jun 21, 2019 9:53 PM

Oct 2017
man i see akito and im like whats up lelouch did someone sand off ur chin
Jun 22, 2019 2:40 AM
Jan 2017
This was an intense episode alright! I wonder if we're gonna get another PV for the second half of this anime cause I really want one now, thanks to someone's debut in the next episode!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 22, 2019 2:41 AM

Sep 2009
Mhh the series seems to go the YukixTohru route but I know that the series is far from finished so who knows what the real endgame might be o:

Jun 22, 2019 5:09 AM

Nov 2014
Haru's right, who cares how Momiji dressed himself? If it suits him, then let him dress however he wants. Why must everyone follow the traditional, stereotypical dress code?

Akito seems like a true asshole so far. I've forgotten the plot of the original so idk if he has some tragic backstory or whatever, but so far I do not like him. What he did is child abuse, mentally torturing Yuki. I hope Yuki will one day overcome his trauma and stand up against Akito.

The end of this episode hints at our future main pairing. Yuki sees everyone their as his family, a place to go back to, a place he belongs. Which means he sees Tooru as his... ;-)
Jun 22, 2019 5:11 AM

Aug 2013
Haru just went for the throne with this. Mah boi with the dark side. And yes Akito is a whiny bitch.
Don't believe the hype.
Jun 22, 2019 5:27 AM
Oct 2015
Dark Haru is best Haru. Period.

I can't wait for the future episooooodes~~
Jun 22, 2019 5:46 AM

Jun 2013
Kimurah said:
elementex said:
If you a guy watching this anime, might I suggest finding your balls

I would suggest you get back to elementary school and get some grammar lessons before you go into tryhard mode to show us your retarded mentality.

elementex is severely salty because some people, such as myself, dislike his favorite series, Kenja no Mago, which has the worst production value and plot known to man. He licks his own wounds by stalking the profiles of those who have ever left a negative review on his highly questionable AOTY and randomly chooses a series in their CW list to express his grievances.

@elementax: Please return to the Kenja no Mago forum where you can white knight your favorite series all you want.

------------------

Review for Episode 12:

Nice to finally see Akito interact directly with Tohru. You would only do that if you felt threatened by whoever you see as a rival or enemy.

Also, Tohru innocently questioning as to how Haru proved his natural hair color to the student council president was one of my favorite parts.
臭い-
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2019

130 by razornamidablood »»
Apr 22, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 2, 2019

117 by ashura_chan »»
Apr 9, 3:59 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2019

217 by bruh98hy89 »»
Mar 29, 8:39 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2019

231 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 17, 4:33 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2019

123 by Jordanrane02 »»
Mar 16, 9:48 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.