Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 11, 2019 10:31 AM

Dec 2018
Is it worth or no ? I mean, aren't you confused with all these anime? Personally I like having 2-3 animes of different kind according to my different moods but I see some who look at tens at the same time and it always intrigued me xD
Sometimes I would like to start more anime too but I'm afraid of getting too confused
So what do you think ?
Peace guys!
Yugao_May 11, 2019 10:51 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 11, 2019 10:34 AM
Mar 2018
Never understood how people watch so many anime at a time lol, I once tried watching 4 anime at once and I didnt enjoy that much, so went back to watching one at a time(Detective Conan and Gintama are exceptions, I sometimes watch one or two episodes of these after I finish some other anime)
May 11, 2019 10:35 AM

Nov 2013
Just because you get confused watching multiple shows at a time, doesn't mean other people do. It's that simple. To each his own watchlist.
May 11, 2019 10:42 AM

Jan 2016
People can do that. That's all. What's the point of seasonal if they can't?
May 11, 2019 10:43 AM

Sep 2018
I sometimes usually try not to get too immersed so I'll watch like maybe 2-3 episodes of one show at a time, and then maybe I'll go do something else. Then maybe the next day, I'll watch another 2-3 episodes of a separate show. I'd like to say that I have a decent memory, so I don't really get confused with two different things happening in two other different settings.
"Literary experts revealed that reviews on sites like MyAnimeList kill more than 200 brain cells per second."

- Joey, "The Anime Man"
May 11, 2019 10:53 AM

Feb 2019
It's like studying multiple subjects at once. Of course, if you try to cram everything in 1 day it won't work, so you do some schedule of what you wanna watch in a week or so. That's why watching seasonal shows are good since they have a fixed schedule.
May 11, 2019 10:57 AM
Jul 2018
No way I will ever stop watching my seasonal anime. lol
May 11, 2019 11:00 AM

Aug 2018
The amount of shows that have a real plot are minimal, that is one huge help at the time of watching lot of shows. Also, in my case, I just remember almost everything I watch because I pay attention and especially if I'm enjoying it.
May 11, 2019 11:13 AM

Oct 2017
Watching multiple anime at a time lets you watch what you're in the mood for. Plenty of series aren't good to binge so splitting time between 2 or more series works well in my experience. Remembering what was happening and in which series has never been a problem for me. I could return to a show after months and have no trouble after checking the end of the last episode I watched. Plot heavy shows are the hardest to keep track of but I'll usually binge those anyway so it's never been a problem.
May 11, 2019 11:40 AM

May 2009
Interspersing episodes, as in not watching all episodes of one show before watching another, I sometimes do that.

Watching two episodes literally playing at the same time, no.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
May 11, 2019 11:45 AM
Mar 2019
In my opinion watching multiple anime at the same time is fun and if you are watching some ongoing animes at the same time then you will get as many episodes as the number of animes you are watching

but sometimes i get bored with an anime and then i pause,watch someother anime,then come back to it
May 11, 2019 12:56 PM

Jul 2017
for sure it's worth. I usually watch around ~10 nonseasonal's (5 1-cour, 5 2-cour) just so there's that variety always there.

Unless the show is 10 worthy and in some cases 9, or if it's laughably bad then I don't think I could sit through from start to finish without losing interest
May 11, 2019 1:32 PM

May 2009
avdx101 said:
GlennMagusHarvey said:

Watching two episodes literally playing at the same time, no.

With all these people talking about watching anime at x2 speed, I wouldn't be surprised at all. If it makes the list grow, it is worth it.

OT: I usually watch an anime or tv show that finished airing, and a few ongoing others. I feel like I'm more invested this way.
> If it makes the list grow, it is worth it.

This is, like, the Rita Repulsa approach to watching anime

"MAKE MY LIST GROW!!"
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
May 11, 2019 1:43 PM

Jul 2016
No, watch one at a time to be more immersed and understand the story better. Only watch 2-3 Anime if you are watching weekly (which is what I did with TPM and Mob Psycho last season)
May 11, 2019 1:52 PM

Jan 2018
Totally depends. Right now I'm watching Monster, but since it's 74 episodes I like to pace myself and watch other things in between. I do the same for any longer series. In terms of shorter one/two-cour series, it depends on how invested I am. If I really love the show, I can easily binge it in a day or two (I recently watched Welcome to the NHK and binged it in 48 hours).

At this very moment, I'm watching 7 different series and reading 4 manga, and I can pick any of them up right where I left off with no issues. To each their own; I just like variety.

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
โ€• Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

May 11, 2019 1:55 PM

Oct 2017
Its hard for me to watch the same thing dozens of times without getting bored, with very few exceptions. I like to have at least a couple of shows and swap between them when I am getting bored.

Oh yeah and watching anime at 2x speed is a no-no. Its supposed to be something fun, not a chore that you gotta rush through. You aren't speed running a video game or something. You are just ruining the experience for yourself just to up some number nobody cares about.
emergencybaconMay 11, 2019 2:01 PM
May 11, 2019 1:59 PM

Jan 2016
Besides seasonal, which I watch because keeping myself on a schedule helps me get through more things because I'm making sure to watch a certain amount each week, I tend to watch at least 2 series at the same time, usually with different tones about them because sometimes, I'm in the mood for one thing and sometimes I'm in the mood for something else. Especially with longer series, it helps keep me from getting burnt out of a show. For shorter shows, it's usually only 1 at a time though.
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
May 11, 2019 2:19 PM

Jun 2014
No. Watching multiple shows every day is pretty normal, and everyone around the world did this before the internet. Some people keep saying "I don't get how these guys watch multiple shows at the same time" Have you heard of television? That's how it works. An episode of a show airs once a week or every day and people watch multiple shows in one day. It's not difficult to keep up at all.
May 11, 2019 2:26 PM

Nov 2016
My watch list looks pretty packed, but it's actually not a big deal. If you break it down, there are long runner, seasonals(many of them are ok weekly, maybe even better than watching them in a few sittings), long episodic series like Lupin III and Patlabor TV which don't suffer either. Touch, well it's really slow paced and you don't miss anything if you just watch a few episodes every now and then. So yeah, effictively I'm only focussing on 4 other series atm. Many anime don't even demand an isolated focus, unless it's a heavily plot driven story.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 11, 2019 3:03 PM

Oct 2018
I switch between two at a time + seasonal anime.

I feel like I can at least balance that much if there aren't too many seasonals that is. I don't wanna mix/mess up my perception of different anime, and i'm afraid that'll happen in case I watch too many.
ใ€๐Ÿ‡ณโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ชโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ผโ€‹ ๐Ÿ‡ตโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ทโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ดโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ซโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฑโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ชโ€‹ ๐Ÿ‡ฉโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ชโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ธโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฌโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ณโ€‹ใ€‘

I accept all friend requests! - Feel free to add me!

May 11, 2019 4:47 PM

Nov 2015
It's worth it, I think. I see some people comparing it to watching regular TV and I agree. I can't just keep watching only one thing at a time or I would get bored of it quickly. Especially for seasonal, which has you waiting an entire week between episodes. It would probably eventually get confusing the more shows you start, but that's why I have a strict <20 rule.

I also have different types of shows, but I space them out for different time constraints, instead of for different moods; sequels, seasonal, new shows, slice of life, and long shows. I cycle between each of those depending on how much time I have to watch anime.

If you're worried about keeping track of more shows then don't do it. I'm also a completionist that likes to have my rotation of shows finished within the year, so more often than not I'm watching a lot at once for times-sake, not always to circumvent boredom.
ISOQuorraMay 13, 2019 12:35 PM
May 11, 2019 4:55 PM

Jan 2017
I don't watch seasonal but I watch 1-4 shows every month so I don't think I can watch multiple anime at the same time.
May 11, 2019 5:10 PM

Feb 2016
If you have never seen One Piece or Naruto, would you watch those all the way through without watching other shows? I watched a little over 300 episodes of OP when I first started but now I watch a few episodes here and there. I'm around the 405 at this point. I thought I could watch the whole series and catch up.

I like to watch multiple series at once and finish a few of them the same day. That way I can mix genres and not get sick of them. I have 260 "watching," but most of those are because I was too lazy to select PTW and just clicked. That being said, I'm still in the process of finishing over 50 series (10-26 eps) with only a handful of longer series such as OP, Kenichi , Maison Ikkoku.

If it's something where I need to really pay attention(Steins Gate), I'll watch as much as I can in a sitting rather than a few episodes here and there.
“The world is full of nice people. If you can't find one, be one.”
โ€• Nishan Panwar
8=D ~ O:
May 11, 2019 5:15 PM

Oct 2016
Yeah it is worth it if you have a decent memory. I understand why younger people or people newer to anime might now want to though.
May 11, 2019 5:15 PM

Jul 2014
Yugao_ said:
Is it worth or no ? I mean, aren't you confused with all these anime? Personally I like having 2-3 animes of different kind according to my different moods but I see some who look at tens at the same time and it always intrigued me xD
Sometimes I would like to start more anime too but I'm afraid of getting too confused
So what do you think ?
Peace guys!

Speaking for myself, at least, I'm not watching hundreds of shows at the same time. Some of them, I haven't seen in years, but I also have no reason to place them on hold.
May 11, 2019 5:29 PM

May 2016
i can never watch more than two anime at once because i end up not finishing them ever if i were watching multiple

๏ฝกโ‹†๏ฝกหšโ˜ฝหš๏ฝกโ‹†๏ฝก

from the days that i've
lived those i had spent
with you, seemed real

ๆœˆๅ…‰
May 11, 2019 6:19 PM

Jun 2015
Weekly releases aside, I usually watch 1 or 2 anime at a time, and only 1 or 2 episodes a day for each. More than that and I feel I'm not giving the series the 'attention' they need. I try to pick anime from different genres, so I can choose what to watch depending on my mood.

I apply that same rule to live action series and cartoons, too.
May 11, 2019 7:00 PM
May 2012
I'm watching Berserk and Azumanga Daioh. A serious series and a comedy series. It's good to have choices on what to watch, but I wouldn't watch more than a couple of series at once so I don't get too confused or unfocused.
May 11, 2019 7:36 PM
Mar 2016
what i'll do usually is have a long anime 100ep+ and take breaks from it here and there watching shorter animes . right now im watching Gintama and sometimes i already seen a couple of 12 eps animes in between .
May 11, 2019 7:44 PM

Dec 2012
I usually watch around 5-15 shows, which is usually a combination of shows from the current season and older completed shows I haven't seen. I don't confuse what I'm watching, no, since they all have different casts and stories. Although, I do max-out at around 15+ shows simply because I just don't have the time with work and such.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

May 11, 2019 11:39 PM

Sep 2018
I'm currently watching 8 shows and I find I don't really forget anything or I get reminded in the new ep if I did forget anything.
May 12, 2019 12:09 AM

Jan 2009
i agree, i think my limit is 10 shows at once more than that and i will not much enjoy each of them

but who will replace Stark700 to make new episodes discussion threads? lol
May 12, 2019 12:12 AM
Aug 2018
I usually watch up to atleast 2-5 titles unless im up for it
May 12, 2019 12:15 AM

Aug 2012
Yugao_ said:
So what do you think ?
Peace guys!
Not necesarilly. It depends a lot on the type of anime but generally no. Very few anime have such complexity that can cause one confusion when watching others at the same time.
May 12, 2019 12:18 AM
Jul 2018
I only do that with seasonals, if I were watching a completed anime then I would watch that till the end then pick up a new series and watch that, I can watch multiple shows at a time, I just choose not to.
May 12, 2019 12:28 AM
Dec 2016
aren't you confused with all these anime? No someone already made a great point by comparing it with watching tv. Is it worth or no ? It depends 1. Lets say you always chose 3 Shows that interest you the most and you dont get bored with that then dont add more anime (i asume you're talking about finished anime )2. the reason why some watch more is bc the majority of anime Shows are not binge worthy so why wasting time and hope till a show gets better if you just can switch and watch another 3. If you are an anime Fan you should imo watch atleast 21 eps a Week if you only watch Anime that are aring thats Not enough and if you only watch finished ones you missing some
May 12, 2019 12:34 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
back in days where I watched stuff weekly (seasonals/TV releases) I used to watch up to 25 Anime at once. I were fairly used to it so didn't have much of an Issue. Though having time for it became an issue.
May 12, 2019 12:41 AM

Oct 2011
I would not recommend this. At first it's easy to keep track of it, but if you take a break or struggle to find time for watching, you will probably just focus on one show over the others and those will be stuck in "watching" list forever (that's what happened to me ;_; )
May 12, 2019 1:15 AM

Dec 2014
I always watch seasonal anime and then amongst all the seasonal anime I then just watch 1 aired anime at a time thou as I don't have a lot of time for binge watching anime so I usually watch a episdoe or 2 a day of the already aired anime
May 12, 2019 1:24 AM

Sep 2017
Wait, i though watching 20+ anime per season is normal.
May 12, 2019 1:35 AM

Apr 2017
I'm watching over 80 anime at a time for about two years now. I just can't just watch the same show when I want to watch anime.
Ah, and most of them aren't seasonals.

My memory is great, I can't see how you could mess up a story with another in your head.

ใ€Ž The truth has power because it’s the truth.
And because it is the truth, that makes it just.
It’s persuasive, isn’t it? Don’t you want truth like that? ใ€

May 12, 2019 1:44 AM

Aug 2016
I can handle 2 anime at the same time,
but the progress of watching takes so long ~.~
May 12, 2019 1:54 AM

May 2015
I'd say it's hard for me to watch just one anime at a time, I need some variety for different mood and to not get bored. Anime itself is not a rocket science so keeping track on multiple shows is not a challenge, besides they are different, in story, style and characters, that itself makes it impossible to get confused.
May 12, 2019 1:56 AM

May 2014
When it comes to seasonal anime i don't mind how much i watch at the same time. But for already completed anime i like to stick to 2 at a time at most.
May 12, 2019 2:02 AM

Oct 2010
I watch about 20 something series in the same time, I like it better this way. I don't see what's confusing about it.
May 12, 2019 2:13 AM

Jan 2013
I don't watch more than more than 3-4 finished at the same time, and there are also about 6-10 seasonals I watch per season. I also don't really get how people can watch tens at the same time, but to each their own.
May 12, 2019 4:15 AM

Dec 2017
I can handle many series at once but usually i'll focus on one and ignore the rest. Seasonal watching is the exception as long as they don't release on the same day
Objectivity? In my anime scoring? Of course not...
May 12, 2019 4:36 AM

Dec 2013
I can watch 2 series at the same time possibly with different genre.
For example if the first one seems getting darker or heavy to watch I will switch to the second one which has a lighter genre.

โ˜…โ”โ”โ”€
๐˜๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต?
๐˜ž๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฌ ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜บ?

May 12, 2019 5:55 AM

Jul 2014
I tried to watch a lot of animes all at once but ended up watching 1-3 episodes of each and pick up another anime without ever finishing anything until it became a habit.

Nowadays I watch 4-7 animes; I pick a few seasonal animes to watch and while waiting on new episodes I watch other animes which finished airing long ago. It isn't as overwhelming as what I was doing before and feels much better for me.
I tend to lose interest and focus pretty fast if I watch too many animes at the same time, but that's just me.
May 12, 2019 5:55 AM

May 2017
Shinjuku said:
I tried to watch a lot of animes all at once but ended up watching 1-3 episodes of each and pick up another anime without ever finishing anything until it became a habit.

same here so i watch only one at the time
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » do you want more emotional or more intelligent anime?

deg - 4 hours ago

22 by perseii »»
1 minute ago

» Is watching a show for the cute girl weird?

fallout45 - 11 hours ago

18 by MasterTasuke »»
3 minutes ago

» Underrated character designs/outfits you think are appealing / sexy

IpreferEcchi - 56 minutes ago

2 by Zarutaku »»
7 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others?

WatchTillTandava - 2 hours ago

16 by Lucifrost »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » can anime influence your dark side?

deg - 5 hours ago

14 by Lucifrost »»
15 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.