Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 11, 2019 9:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, I'm happy about the club and their progress. Every step forward means a lot!

Very excited to see Hiro Kurusu's appearance in the show. It's about time. She's from the manga and brings her talent to the club. A very talented girl :D

May 11, 2019 9:41 AM

Jul 2017
New gurl finally gets introduced, so now we have all the characters from the OP involved I believe
May 11, 2019 9:43 AM
Jul 2018
Considering how some viewers were triggered when Satowa was introduced, would be funny to see the reactions for
Decent episode anyway, looking forward to the performances, as always.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
DeadlyRavenMay 11, 2019 10:19 AM
May 11, 2019 10:11 AM

Apr 2010
A new girl appears and it seems she has different interests regarding the club which seems to be causing trouble.
And Houzuki's secret seems to be out which could lead to trouble as well.
May 11, 2019 10:17 AM
Sep 2017
Yeah, my most favorite character !
May 11, 2019 10:45 AM

Jan 2018
where did you guys watch this? I've looked everywhere and I can't seem to find it :<

if you watched in in japan or something, I understand
May 11, 2019 11:20 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Its nice that in the end despite the nerves appearing that the cast still managed to pull off such an amazing performance. While it sure showed the students it also did well to show that VP lol. Its only right that Chika would inherit the last Koto that his gran worked so hard to create. Man thats one unmotivated adviser they were assigned though. While its nice that the club managed to get some new members they sure ended up picking up a snake when they allowed Hiro in. Houzuki's fever sure looked pretty bad though. Looks like we won't be seeing the last of Hiro's plans though im curious as to why she's focusing this much attention on Houzuki and the club.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 11, 2019 12:17 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I'm so glad that this episode ended on a satisfying note with Kudo and Hozuki actually meeting face to face and she doesn't seem to be well. Them meeting might prevent damage from whatever the new girl is planning after she heard something from Hozuki.

The new girl must have had a really bad past to end up being an asshole like this, i need to see why she's doing this.

Kudo's moments are always nice to see with him getting his own Koto and him laying a smackdown on the new girl.
May 11, 2019 12:40 PM
Apr 2016
That new stupid fucking bitch is making up lies and making everyone devastated, oh god I hate her. Well, good episode.
May 11, 2019 12:41 PM
Jul 2017
Kudo's street smarts are helping to save the day, by telling him not to trust the lying girl.

I usually don't do this, but I might actually end up reading the manga, I don't know if I can wait another week to see what happens.
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
May 11, 2019 12:49 PM

Feb 2007
I suspect eventually they'll turn Kurusu around as well.
May 11, 2019 1:23 PM
Nov 2010
PastFuturist said:
I usually don't do this, but I might actually end up reading the manga, I don't know if I can wait another week to see what happens.

I don't recommend reading this manga to find out what happens next week unless you can set aside a good block of time. I think you'll have a hard time stopping until you've read all the chapters released thus far. It's damn good.
May 11, 2019 1:50 PM

Sep 2011
It was great to see the positive reaction to their amazing performance, and I just love how Houzuki didn't give the vice director any chance to ruin it. I also love how the others played along with her, especially Kudou, and how it got to the vice director's head. xD And I LOVED the moment when granny gave Kudou the koto his grandfather made for him. It's something so special and meaningful that it's hard to describe, and I also loved how Houzuki wanted to protected it and said that she would bring another normal one, it was great too.

But why must all this joy be attacked so soon? Their advisor seems like a terrible person who is ready to ruin their dreams if he just had the chance to, and the new member so far is nothing but a poisonous and false girl. Trying to isolate Houzuki with her lies like that, and apparently for no reason too. I was so glad when Kudou gave her that look and didn't believe for a moment her lies. It was almost enough to make her give up on being an insufferable pest, but her grandmother unknowingly gave her a weapon by gossiping about Houzuki's circumstances. Fortunately she won't have time to use it like she wants to because thanks to that teacher, the real MVP here, Houzuki will probably tell Kudou what's going on herself or he will be able to see through the new girl's lies.

Welp, now I'm curious about Houzuki, and I can't wait to see how they will justify the new girl's behavior, especially since it doesn't seem to be something new by what those extras said when she told them she was joining the koto club. I hope it's something compelling enough or it's going to be hard to like her.
May 11, 2019 1:54 PM

May 2018
New girl appears, and already she's causing division within the club, oh boy looks like she bad for the club.
May 11, 2019 2:04 PM

Aug 2013
So a new member joins the Koto club. Not liking her so far.

May 11, 2019 2:34 PM
Apr 2014

Mod edit: added spoiler tag
BarnaldMay 12, 2019 12:30 AM
May 11, 2019 2:36 PM

Jul 2011
New member with bad personality, but obviously this will change very soon.

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
May 11, 2019 2:56 PM

Nov 2016
Couldn't stop smiling during the applause, so damn satisfying.

Kurusu smelled like fake ass bitch from the very beginning xD Luckily Chika told her off. And yeah, while she definitely left a shitty first impression, I won't judge her as of now. She gotta have her reasonsshe's also a hottie

Regarding Houziki, it's time to learn what's up with her family, seems pretty messed up.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 11, 2019 3:44 PM

Dec 2014
I finally read ahead in the manga now and I think the anime is doing a great job at adapting the content. I think the only edge the manga has over the anime is the incredible art which really shines during the most important scenes.

Anyway, this was a great episode and boy was it nice to see everyone appreciating the Koto club.

Chika receiving his grandfather's Koto from ol'Granny was very emotional.
Loved the scene where he told the rest of the club and how happy they were for him.

Satowa with her fever. :(
May 11, 2019 4:36 PM

Feb 2019
I don't know if I love or hate Hiro. For now, I'll hate her. At least Chika and Takezou are getting the gist of what she's doing.

Chika receiving the koto made by his grandfather was heartwarming <3

And finally, Chika visiting Houzuki just add more fuel to the ship! And more detailed backstory for Houzuki in the next episode!
May 11, 2019 5:24 PM

Mar 2019
Well at first i'm hating Hiro but probably later something will be explained
May 11, 2019 5:41 PM

Mar 2016
And now we gonna call Thot Patrol.
May 11, 2019 5:46 PM

Dec 2016
This new club member Hiro sounds like trouble :/ She doesn't seem like Hiro knows about friendship and just gets jealous by it... not good. She really left me a bad impression and I want to know why she's this way. There must be something behind that fake smile.

The Koto Kudou received from his grandfather was heartwarming ;-;

Nice episode! Kudou must really care about Hozuki X3 that's very sweet <3

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
May 11, 2019 6:09 PM
Jan 2018
Best girl arrived, even though she's a bitch in these first chapters.
May 11, 2019 7:35 PM
Jan 2019
Good Episode. The presentation of Koto's musical piece was a success, I'm glad É. This anime is getting better every time.
1. When the grandmother of the Koto store handed him the Koto that Kudou's grandfather had made for him, at the time I saw the inscription of his name, it made me want to cry. The most impressive thing is that it has a value of 1 million yen. It was wise that he paid attention to Houzuki to take his Koto home. He is proud of the 😀. His grandfather left him a great gift.
2. After the success of the presentation, the members of the Koto club became popular. They deserve it 😅.
3. The teacher (Koto Club Tutor) is a complete IDIOT! They do not have the slightest respect for the effort and dreams of others.
4. Oh, well, what do we have here? It looks like a rotten apple came into Koto's club. Apparently, Kurusu is an unhappy girl who likes to create conflicts between people who have strong ties of friendship like the case of club members. At the moment, I hate that girl. Although I must assume that his attitude is because he had a sad past full of betrayals.
5. "I do not believe anything unless it comes from that person's mouth", Well said Kudou! That boy is admirable, despite the small conflicts he has with Houzuki, he trusts her. What proves that considers her friend 😀.
6.I suspected it, but now I see why Houzuki did not want the guys to go to his house. I'm anxious to see the next episode.
May 11, 2019 9:13 PM

Mar 2016
Get that bitch out of the club.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

May 11, 2019 10:29 PM

May 2014
Every week I wonder why the score is so low
Oscar and Andre deserved better
May 11, 2019 10:51 PM
Sep 2017
I have a great desire to defend hiro from being hated but since it will be spoilers, I will stop for now. I just hope people will give her a chance first. To be honest myself, I also dislike her at the beginning but currently she becomes my most favorite character in the series. Because of her appearance in the manga, it teaches me to not judge people on first impression.
May 11, 2019 11:54 PM
Jul 2018
Yeah I definitely remember I was angry when the moment she was introduce during manga so I was already prepared for this moment here XD this will have a really good payoff.
Anyway of course not strong as the last episode still damn decent episode that felt like 5 minute and also thankfully did managed to end with satisfying way that left want more.
May 12, 2019 2:12 AM

Jan 2015
Ahh, and I already hate Kurusu... But, I’m also already getting the sense that she’s just another mixed up youth who’s going to find out what she really loves or has an interest in, after all of her attempts to dismantle the koto club fail. Somewhat cliched and typical. But, here’s hoping it is well executed.
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
May 12, 2019 3:12 AM

Dec 2015
Yeah the new one is a bitch. But liked how Chika saw through her and ia making progress with the other girl.

But wait ... in the char page something is mentioned about her grandmother and she talked about herself as "big sister". Maybe same grandmother than the other girl. (But different parents who are siblings. But shouldn't the other girl know about her then?)

I guess they'll make her cry and leave by resisting her manipulation attempts. Or she'll stay and start getting friends with them in the end.
May 12, 2019 3:47 AM

Dec 2014
so the new girl joined to make conflict I see... nice
May 12, 2019 5:37 AM

Mar 2017
Who the hell does this bitch think she is? She best back the fuck up from my precious children!
I love that Chika isn't taking any of her shit though haha

Also what is up with that club advisor?! What a dickhead... how can he be encouraging them to GIVE UP?! He needs to go
May 12, 2019 6:02 AM

Mar 2016
The beginning part was quite funny. They manipulated the vice principal and got him to support them. Haha. Stuff like that can only happen in YA.

The new girl is trouble, but the op and ed make me believe that she'll be an important part of the team later.

I am proud of Chika for being able to see through Hiro's lies. He scared her stiff!

I didn't know girls could be named Hiro. Thought it had to be Hiroko or Hiromi or something like that to be a girls' name.
May 12, 2019 6:24 AM
Sep 2017
Luthandorius said:

But wait ... in the char page something is mentioned about her grandmother and she talked about herself as "big sister". Maybe same grandmother than the other girl. (But different parents who are siblings. But shouldn't the other girl know about her then?)

The big sister here is not about blood-related big sister, she just act as a big sister to the club. She refers herself big sis because most of the club members are younger than her, no other reason than that.
nachtweissMay 12, 2019 12:46 PM
May 12, 2019 10:29 AM
Jan 2017
F2k65 said:

does that mean her personality will change and become good person ?
May 12, 2019 10:37 AM
Jan 2018
Otaku4ever10 said:
F2k65 said:

does that mean her personality will change and become good person ?

Yes, the next 2 chapters will be the most important for the start of her development.
May 12, 2019 12:50 PM
Jul 2017
7godeohs said:
PastFuturist said:

I don't recommend reading this manga to find out what happens next week unless you can set aside a good block of time. I think you'll have a hard time stopping until you've read all the chapters released thus far. It's damn good.

lol, you're right, I ended up spending a couple hours hours reading the manga yesterday, I can't wait to see it animated.
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
May 12, 2019 8:38 PM
Mar 2015
Worthless new girl spreading lies Everyone believes her but Chika
May 12, 2019 8:48 PM

Sep 2018
Wahhhh!!!!!! I can't wait for the next episode!! For the first time I feel excited for airing anime :D
May 12, 2019 9:34 PM
Apr 2019
Meh, so they introduced a more bitch character so hozuki bitchness justified to make her likeable..
May 13, 2019 12:21 AM
May 2019
I've been a fan of the manga for so long and now it's been animated I'm so happy. Of course it's not a perfect adaptation but it's a honest and enjoyable attempt.
My favourite character is Satowa. She's strong minded but not butt headed. She's aware of her shortcomings and tries to change,learns with each new experience and grows better as a person and performer.
And what to say about Chika! From delinquent to dependable club member he deserves all the love. But for me caring Chika is the best Chika, especially when he looks out for Satowa. I just hope that they don't skip too much of the Chika-Satowa moments *fingers crossed* in the anime because their gradual bonding, support and understanding of each other is one of the mainstays of the manga and what has made it so popular.
Animefairy11May 13, 2019 12:52 AM
May 13, 2019 4:05 PM

Oct 2012
That new girl needs real bitch slap and soon. I know people like her, they try to act friendly in front of everyone and then gossiping constantly behind their back, very disgusting behavior this is. Usually, everyone hates those meddlers. I know she has her own problem with herself but acting like that is simply inexcusable, good thing Chika actually saw her through. Really wonder if there is even possible to somehow kick out such annoying club member in Japan..

Too bad she most likely betrays them only to be very sorry later on so they will act mercy on her. She would really deserve to be ditched overboard for her behavior. People like her are way too incoompatible to be around and even now I already know it would be way unrealistic if she becomes friends with them sometime later. Cause if she's not just pretending to act cool, it would be very unreal to change her personality completely.

Anyway, the drama wasn't actually bad, it's just that I hateto have those kinds of people around. But they exist IRL too and they portrayed her type quite faithfully so I actually liked this episode.

And Hozuki with cold in her pajamas - the next episode better be great :D
May 13, 2019 7:37 PM
Sep 2017
Mich666 said:
That new girl needs real bitch slap and soon. I know people like her, they try to act friendly in front of everyone and then gossiping constantly behind their back, very disgusting behavior this is. Usually, everyone hates those meddlers. I know she has her own problem with herself but acting like that is simply inexcusable, good thing Chika actually saw her through. Really wonder if there is even possible to somehow kick out such annoying club member in Japan..

Too bad she most likely betrays them only to be very sorry later on so they will act mercy on her. She would really deserve to be ditched overboard for her behavior. People like her are way too incoompatible to be around and even now I already know it would be way unrealistic if she becomes friends with them sometime later. Cause if she's not just pretending to act cool, it would be very unreal to change her personality completely.

Anyway, the drama wasn't actually bad, it's just that I hateto have those kinds of people around. But they exist IRL too and they portrayed her type quite faithfully so I actually liked this episode.

And Hozuki with cold in her pajamas - the next episode better be great :D

not quite close, maybe 50%. Ugh, I hope the next 2/3 episodes come out sooner so it can prove people can be wrong if they think they could predict everything that would happen
May 14, 2019 1:25 AM

Oct 2008
that girl Kurusu is a bit of a bitch and I can't understand her ulterior motive!
something's fishy with her dead pan eyes!
4/5.

May 14, 2019 2:17 AM

Oct 2012
nachtweiss said:
not quite close, maybe 50%. Ugh, I hope the next 2/3 episodes come out sooner so it can prove people can be wrong if they think they could predict everything that would happen

The thing is we already know she is meant to stay with them as she is listed as one of the main cast and shown that way in the opening too. Which means that in some point her behavior totally changes to be able to play with them as a friend.

From what we have seen:
a) she has some problem of her own which makes her unable to enjoy anything. Most likely she was passionate before but someone betrayed her in similiar manner as Houzuki (be it her mother or her friends) which is the reason why she hide her real feelings inside and acts cool and disinterested to everything. This would serve as some kind of parallel and as base of their future friendship as both girls would have something in common
b) she likes to toy with others and hurt their feelings to feel better herself as despicable as that is
c) she'll probably do something inexcusable to them (though simple bragging or badmouthing would be enough) and she would be hated for that which would lead to her breakdown and tears
d) at this point one of them will probably reach out for her, be it Houzuki herself as means of her developement and overcome of her past grievances or Chika himself to act as an plot example for Houzuki, she would be touched and her passion would be rekindled again, everything would be forgotten
e) she actually acts the same as Houzuki's former friends to spark the plot developement between both of them, otherwise there would be constant rivalry between them

The real problem here is that in the core she still behaves like bitch. Now I was just talking out of my experience before but people tend to be wary around those who introduces in similiar manner like her and if they find out she was gossipping them behind their backs noone would even want to talk with her or have anything common with her. She would still be a bitch in their minds no matter how she tries to act in the future, people tend not to forget those things. So I'm just saying it would be very hard or close to impossible to come out with believable plot developement that would make them forget those things.

As I said I really liked this episode and although I said I hate types like Kurusu IRL, I think it was well written episode as people with such behavior are common. The second season of 3-gatsu no Lion could serve as great example as far as gossip and bullying goes. I want to be wrong but somehow I feel they would take shortcut here to resolve or downplay this situation only to let her join the crew as the seventh member as soon as possible.
Mich666May 14, 2019 2:21 AM
May 14, 2019 4:51 AM
Sep 2017
Mich666 said:
nachtweiss said:

The thing is we already know she is meant to stay with them as she is listed as one of the main cast and shown that way in the opening too. Which means that in some point her behavior totally changes to be able to play with them as a friend.

From what we have seen:
a) she has some problem of her own which makes her unable to enjoy anything. Most likely she was passionate before but someone betrayed her in similiar manner as Houzuki (be it her mother or her friends) which is the reason why she hide her real feelings inside and acts cool and disinterested to everything. This would serve as some kind of parallel and as base of their future friendship as both girls would have something in common
b) she likes to toy with others and hurt their feelings to feel better herself as despicable as that is
c) she'll probably do something inexcusable to them (though simple bragging or badmouthing would be enough) and she would be hated for that which would lead to her breakdown and tears
d) at this point one of them will probably reach out for her, be it Houzuki herself as means of her developement and overcome of her past grievances or Chika himself to act as an plot example for Houzuki, she would be touched and her passion would be rekindled again, everything would be forgotten
e) she actually acts the same as Houzuki's former friends to spark the plot developement between both of them, otherwise there would be constant rivalry between them

The real problem here is that in the core she still behaves like bitch. Now I was just talking out of my experience before but people tend to be wary around those who introduces in similiar manner like her and if they find out she was gossipping them behind their backs noone would even want to talk with her or have anything common with her. She would still be a bitch in their minds no matter how she tries to act in the future, people tend not to forget those things. So I'm just saying it would be very hard or close to impossible to come out with believable plot developement that would make them forget those things.

As I said I really liked this episode and although I said I hate types like Kurusu IRL, I think it was well written episode as people with such behavior are common. The second season of 3-gatsu no Lion could serve as great example as far as gossip and bullying goes. I want to be wrong but somehow I feel they would take shortcut here to resolve or downplay this situation only to let her join the crew as the seventh member as soon as possible.

That's why I said close but not close. At least, one of them and herself will not forget what she have done here. For the others, I won't argue about those things first
May 14, 2019 12:11 PM

Apr 2016
Like yeah, those characters, they emerge, they suck ... after a couple of episodes they nice ... someone tell me that this wont be a pattern.
May 14, 2019 6:40 PM
Feb 2012
crappy amateur presentation when all you can do is introduce unpleasing characters and then make them be nice
yes you can do that in story telling but it's stupid to have every main character start that way
1/5
May 16, 2019 9:19 AM
Jul 2018
It's good to see an actual bad character cause it makes Hozuki look better
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2019

126 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 9, 4:11 PM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2019

59 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 9, 1:32 PM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2019

47 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 9, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2019

57 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 9, 11:57 AM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2019

54 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 3, 2:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.