Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 11, 2019 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The real journey begins for Tanjirou now as a Demon Slayer. First missions are important so it seems the show is trying to build on what he's learned.

Looks like the case involves around disappeared girls around town. I thought the episode had a grim, omimous feel to it. With the appearance of a Caster Demon, no doubt Tanjirou realizes how dangerous his job is as a Demon Slayer.
May 11, 2019 7:54 AM

Aug 2017
Being Demon Slayer is not a joke lol

Good episode.

It seems that we know the main antagonist.
NurguburuMay 17, 2019 3:26 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 11, 2019 7:58 AM

Jan 2015
NEZUKO KICK!

Action-packed episode, the animation for the water-wheel and the waterfall tho.
Poor girls, they were all eaten by that demon. Not to mention that young lady trying to sleep, I’m glad she was saved by tanjirou, but hey he can’t defeat the demon. He’s such a newbie, still doesn’t know how to properly fight a demon. I got to say that for his first mission, this demon is quite annoying to deal with. Thank god Nezuko came to help

That teeth sound lmao so cringe, I couldn’t stand it.
We’re in for quite a ride

Get in the box, Nezuko!

XenocrisiMay 11, 2019 4:13 PM
May 11, 2019 9:28 AM

May 2017
alright episode. felt pretty slow paced if you ask me. Ending scene where nezuko came out was good
May 11, 2019 9:35 AM

Aug 2013
Not a bad episode.

That kick from Nezuko lol.

May 11, 2019 9:36 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode again.

Tanjuro got them Witcher senses. xD

Fight sequences were great and the animation for the water wheel was awesome.
Nezuko Kick was awesome too. :P

They revealed the name of the demon who can potentially help save Nezuko. Is the first demon really the only capable of something like that?
May 11, 2019 9:39 AM

May 2017
The OST this episode was juicy as fuck.

Loved the fight scene, the water effects are so awesome and neat as always.
May 11, 2019 9:44 AM

Dec 2016
Lelouch0202 said:
Great episode again.

Tanjuro got them Witcher senses. xD

Fight sequences were great and the animation for the water wheel was awesome.
Nezuko Kick was awesome too. :P

They revealed the name of the demon who can potentially help save Nezuko. Is the first demon really the only capable of something like that?

Well he can turn people into demon so their best guess right now is him.
May 11, 2019 9:46 AM

Mar 2018
LocalTrashcan said:
the water effects are so awesome and neat as always.

I'm in love with those effects.

May 11, 2019 9:53 AM

Mar 2016
Really nice kick, Nezuko it's on the game.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

May 11, 2019 9:54 AM

Sep 2018
This episode was great from the general animation and music,to the water breathing animation and the whole battle scene.
Best Imouto is back with her killer kicks :D
well that's just my opinion.....
May 11, 2019 9:58 AM

Dec 2013
eso-JAR said:
this CGI parts are killing me...

Yeah, looks pretty bad.

Pretty bad episode this week as well.
It was slow paced for no reason at all.

2/5
May 11, 2019 9:59 AM

Feb 2018
Demon Imouto about to start kicking ass and taking names, and I'm here for it.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
May 11, 2019 10:00 AM
May 2016
dealing with a demon doesn't seem easy. i hope nezuko does help but i also hope that it's not always because of her contribution that tanjiro succeeds
May 11, 2019 10:02 AM

Jul 2015
Awesome Episode once more,

now we have started moving in the best parts of the story.

May 11, 2019 10:02 AM

Oct 2012
I really love this. And god, I love Nezuko and Tanjirou so much! Ughhhh my heart ♥
May 11, 2019 10:03 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm the new uniform sure looks nice. So black blades are seen to represent slayers who won't get far in their careers huh. So the demon kidnapper was one that had supernatural powers. No wonder it could strike without being detected. To think that human ages actually mean something to demons though. The little argument between the two demon selves sure was amusing. But the revelation that the missing girl was no longer alive sure was a cruel revelation. Nezuko joining the fight though was a nice surprise though. Overall an excellent ep that while doing well in showing all the new gear that Tanjiro gets also did well to show what missions can be like for them. The battle while as fluid as ever also did well to introduce one of the special types of demons that exist within the world.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 11, 2019 10:04 AM
Mar 2018
Demon shows up. *Inaudible sucking noises and teeth grinding* Lmao this episode was awesome though. We finally get to see tanjiro on his first mission. I feel bad for the guy who got his sister taken from him. Mr. Urokodaki reveals the name of the demon who could turn his sister back to normal. Apparently only the first demon is capable of it. Anyways so far im really liking this series and I cant wait to see what happens next. Nezuko is so badass and cute at the same time!!!
CaliMarieMay 11, 2019 10:10 AM
May 11, 2019 10:09 AM

Mar 2014
Portable Imouto proved to be quite useful invention.

I loved this episode.
May 11, 2019 10:11 AM

Mar 2008
Ugh so many cutaways and flashbacks in the middle of the action scenes and the main character has to beat by beat layout the action scene for us! Why do so many shonen series do this?! I hated it in the first episode, I tolerated it in the subsequent episodes because he was making a journal but here it is again.

Also rather let down that Nezuko is just under "hypnosis" as a means to keep her tame. I get she's a demon now but after last episode where she races to hug her brother after he was away it got to me, I thought "oh she's still got some humanity in her so there's hope" though I'm doubtful we'll see a real resolution. This show is really just looking to be impressive on animation but average on writing.

My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More
Drak Shadow For LetsPlays and Movie Vlogs
May 11, 2019 10:12 AM
May 2019
Kamiyan3991 said:
eso-JAR said:
this CGI parts are killing me...

Yeah, looks pretty bad.

2/5

Honestly, are you an M or you're just a troll?

IMO, you're really amazing for having so much time till the point of wasting it to watch smt that always be bad in your view. Trying to be an anime elitist or just want to downvote things you dislike?

This episode is slow-paced to smooth things out. Next episode, we'll meet big boss :)))
May 11, 2019 10:14 AM
Jun 2017
What a godly animation and what a godly soundtrack can't wait for next episode
May 11, 2019 10:15 AM
Sep 2014
that wave form is gorgeous beyond belief. not sure if i'm down with nezuko being telepathy manipulated like that but at least she's acting humanely. can hardly wait for the next adventure!!
May 11, 2019 10:25 AM
Sep 2015
Can someone tell ufotable that Nishirin is Japanese sword, it can't use the same type of music ufotable used to hype up Excalibur.
May 11, 2019 10:25 AM

May 2015
it's too slow paced
May 11, 2019 10:32 AM

Jan 2015
nanashi796 said:
it's too slow paced

Trust me, it’s better like this. The first 20 or so chapters are too fast paced and they were just plain bad and you had the feeling the manga was already reaching its end. The anime is adding some stuff here and there to slow things down and make the story flow better.
If they had adapted the manga faithfully you would have probably disliked even more this episode. Ufotable is doing its best to adapt in the best way possible the first chapters which are pretty bad. Even the Final Selection wasn’t really good in the manga, yet the anime managed to make it mind-blowing
XenocrisiMay 11, 2019 10:35 AM
May 11, 2019 10:38 AM

May 2015
Xenocrisi said:
nanashi796 said:
it's too slow paced

Trust me, it’s better like this. The first 20 or so chapters are too fast paced and they were just plain bad and you had the feeling the manga was already reaching its end. The anime is adding some stuff here and there to slow things down and make the story flow better.
If they had adapted the manga faithfully you would have probably disliked even more this episode. Ufotable is doing its best to adapt in the best way possible the first chapters which are pretty bad. Even the Final Selection wasn’t really good in the manga, yet the anime managed to make it mind-blowing

yeah i know but it's too slow at least during fights adapt 3 chapters or 2 and half,and i don't like slow motion animation,this episode animation isn't that good.
i think that they adapt 3 chapters per episode only on drum house arc the rest is 2 chapters.
nanashi796May 11, 2019 10:45 AM
May 11, 2019 10:38 AM
Jul 2018
Idk if it's just me, but the blows don't feel as impactful as it should be, the music is too subtle and the sound isn't distorted enough
May 11, 2019 10:40 AM

Dec 2013
HLinh said:
Kamiyan3991 said:

Yeah, looks pretty bad.

2/5

IMO, you're really amazing for having so much time till the point of wasting it to watch smt that always be bad in your view. Trying to be an anime elitist or just want to downvote things you dislike?

This episode is slow-paced to smooth things out. Next episode, we'll meet big boss :)))

Oh lol, I triggered some fanboy.

May 11, 2019 10:43 AM

Apr 2014
Nezuko proving yet again she is best Imouto.

The OST during the battle was clean

May 11, 2019 10:55 AM

May 2015
Kamiyan3991 said:
HLinh said:

i bet you hate ufotable because they ruined zestiria.
May 11, 2019 10:56 AM

May 2018
Soundtrack too good.
May 11, 2019 10:58 AM
Jun 2015
Man this animes so generic and boring. I dont know if I can keep on. The manga fans say its gonna get better but WHEN?!! 6 episodes and it's been boring af. Smh
May 11, 2019 10:59 AM
Jun 2015
nanashi796 said:
Kamiyan3991 said:

Ufotable has only been known to have pretty colors and shit writing.
May 11, 2019 11:01 AM
Jun 2015
Thanjh said:
This show is the definition of mediocre and generic except for top animation. The episodes have little happening in them and then something happens at the end as a cliff hanger to be resolved in 2 minutes in the next episode. The CGI is also so unnecessary and looks ugly.
due to childish impatience you are unable to comprehend that is the exposition the aim of the first half of the show is to develop the main characters and flesh out the lore and the world. Your childish mindset craves action and not quality story telling which clouds whatever judgement you have. Also you haven't even explained why you found it "mediocre" and "generic"
May 11, 2019 11:07 AM

Dec 2013
nanashi796 said:
Kamiyan3991 said:

You're right, but this show is rather mediocre anyway.
May 11, 2019 11:09 AM

Jan 2015
shane_nichols said:
Man this animes so generic and boring. I dont know if I can keep on. The manga fans say its gonna get better but WHEN?!! 6 episodes and it's been boring af. Smh

Deal with it for another 3 episodes, this arc is the worst in the manga. When Zenitsu and Inosuke get introduced it gets real good. But hey, if you want to drop this anime before it, just do it. No one is gonna make you stay
XenocrisiMay 11, 2019 11:13 AM
May 11, 2019 11:13 AM

Dec 2018
So training is over and now we finally get to it! Great!
May 11, 2019 11:19 AM

Mar 2018
This was a good episode. I think it's the first one I actually loved the hell out of.
May 11, 2019 11:20 AM
Mar 2019
This show is the definition of mediocre and generic except for top animation. The episodes have little happening in them and then something happens at the end as a cliff hanger to be resolved in 2 minutes in the next episode. The CGI is also so unnecessary and looks ugly.

As all Shounen are currently generic, do not take it into account or complain about the CGI because all the animes use it.
DrakenKnightMay 11, 2019 11:28 AM
May 11, 2019 11:27 AM

Mar 2017
Such a perfect anime ❤

Nezuko is so kind but also so badass!

Tanjirou is doing so well with his first assignment... especially considering its a mutated demon!

The OST this ep was so fucking cool too!
May 11, 2019 11:29 AM
Oct 2012
Soundtrack in this show is incredible, it's a crime they will release them so far away.
May 11, 2019 11:33 AM

Sep 2015
This episode has a lot of revelation about Muzan Kibutsuji.
Anime/MangaFan Mahwa fan
May 11, 2019 11:38 AM
Jun 2015
Thanjh said:
Archer123 said:
due to childish impatience you are unable to comprehend that is the exposition the aim of the first half of the show is to develop the main characters and flesh out the lore and the world. Your childish mindset craves action and not quality story telling which clouds whatever judgement you have. Also you haven't even explained why you found it "mediocre" and "generic"
As far as being generic, this show has a plot that I've already seen before part from the demon sister twist. Something bad happens (family death) that makes him want to fights the monsters, he finds a rival, he meets an old wise master, he has some training to make him one of if not the strongest newbies, we meet another newbie who's mr. angry for the sake of being angry.
Then being mediocre is what I'd call it due to me personally not enjoying that much.

Maybe you're right about me being impatient but the amount of exposition just makes it less enjoyable. This episode had Tanjirou describing what's going on during the fight, as he fights, which just brings me out of the moment. Even the main fight was just some lame game of whack-a-mole.
I'll agree that the anime doesn't have a revolutionary concept however it executes the plot marvellously and the point of the show is the beauty of simplicity while it may have a generic plot its executed brilliantly it acknowledges its over saturated plot and turns it into a beautiful story with deeper philosophical value than something like my hero or fairy tail
May 11, 2019 11:43 AM

May 2015
Kamiyan3991 said:
nanashi796 said:

yes it's decent for now,later it becomes a 7.5-8 shonen at least for me
nanashi796May 11, 2019 11:48 AM
May 11, 2019 11:46 AM
Mar 2019
Kamiyan3991 said:
nanashi796 said:

Like most you've seen?
May 11, 2019 11:50 AM

May 2016
That sure turned into some creepy stuff, I thought I was watching a horror. actually it was better than most of them with that great BGM.

More Nezuko scenes at the end and next episode she is gonna be an mvp.
May 11, 2019 11:52 AM

Jul 2014
The background music was so ominous and eerie and was playing throughout Tanjiro's journey into the town. This multi-personality demon with supernatural abilities is pretty troublesome. The scenes of Urokodaki explaining about the sword turning black, the first demon and casting the spell onto Nezuko were really good. I guess from now on Tanjiro will see Nezuko as an asset while searching for Muzan Kibutsuji and getting the answers. Pretty excited for the next ep.
May 11, 2019 11:52 AM
Mar 2019
Thanjh said:
Archer123 said:
As far as being generic, this show has a plot that I've already seen before part from the demon sister twist. Something bad happens (family death) that makes him want to fights the monsters, he finds a rival, he meets an old wise master, he has some training to make him one of if not the strongest newbies, we meet another newbie who's mr. angry for the sake of being angry.
Then being mediocre is what I'd call it due to me personally not enjoying that much.

Maybe you're right about me being impatient but the amount of exposition just makes it less enjoyable. This episode had Tanjirou describing what's going on during the fight, as he fights, which just brings me out of the moment. Even the main fight was just some lame game of whack-a-mole.

And in what Anime also the MC manages to describe things? Aah! In MHA is something normal
May 11, 2019 11:56 AM
Apr 2016
Damn, one of the supernatural demons. A triplet, all strong, sure is a powerful ability to merge like that. The background songs of this anime are amazing, goddamn. Good episode.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2019

312 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 24, 12:21 PM

» I don't get it

n0tSamir - Jul 7, 2023

34 by guts4ever »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

19 by Naveen6662246 »»
Apr 22, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2019

272 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 20, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2019

282 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 19, 11:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.