Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 7, 2019 9:47 AM

Feb 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I have gotten to the point where I can ironically enjoy this. Garou looks so god damn awful, and the animation is so lame that it's bloody hilarious.
May 7, 2019 9:49 AM
Aug 2018
which chapters did it adapt?
May 7, 2019 9:55 AM

Nov 2011
Metal Bat vs Garou but it looks like Zenko (Metal Bat's sister) interrupted it. Heh, too bad.

Looks like we got the Super Fight tournament contestants introduced now and oh boy, that's a lot of talent. Lol, Saitama got booed on stage. We even got some fighting in the tournament now. Hello Monster Princess:o
Stark700May 8, 2019 12:11 AM
May 7, 2019 10:02 AM

Jul 2014
Dang that was a letdown, compared to ep 3's Tank top V Garou.
Metal Bat V Garou was.... pretty weak to say the least, I remember enjoying this in the manga way more, the animation was just a full on loop, almost all their jabs were repeat frames with shakey+blur effects.
so yeah, really didn't enjoy this episode, but heck at least Fubuki's still smexy! overall the ep was underwhelming.
May 7, 2019 10:03 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Oof, Metal Knight looks the worst with that metal gradient because he's all metal, lol. Also, Garou vs. Metal Bat was extremely underwhelming. Probably 5 seconds of good animation cuts at most. The content itself was good though. It's cool to see Garou give up on the fight once someone unrelated interferes. Garou's intention is to beat up heroes (and villains), but he doesn't have true evil intentions. He just wants to prove that he's the strongest, which he clearly can't be.

CGI centipede still looks really good. What really helps is adding smear effects to a CGI object, which makes it fit with the 2D animation. Well, we finally start the tournament. Genos clapping though, did he program himself to clap in that rhythmic manner? XD

Saitama Charanko is OP as expected, Genos needs to head to battle already, and Suiryu found an interesting opponent for himself, that he probably shouldn't try fighting.

Overall, meh episode. Pacing still felt slower than it should. Will it really cover upto Chapter 84 by this season? Well, still 125+ pages adapted in this episode, so that's still the usual pace. It's just that it felt like they could've adapted one more chapter and end the episode off at a more hype note. And the animation was the weakest of the season so far, which is disappointing since Metal Bat vs. Garou was supposed to be one of Garou's best fight.
GoldenDevilGamerMay 7, 2019 10:07 AM
May 7, 2019 10:09 AM
Feb 2016
Yeah I don't think the episodes are gonna look like episode 3 again unfortunately. The past few episodes have been total letdowns
May 7, 2019 10:11 AM
Feb 2016
-Stray said:
Dang that was a letdown, compared to ep 3's Tank top V Garou.
Metal Bat V Garou was.... pretty weak to say the least, I remember enjoying this in the manga way more, the animation was just a full on loop, almost all their jabs were repeat frames with shakey+blur effects.
so yeah, really didn't enjoy this episode, but heck at least Fubuki's still smexy! overall the ep was underwhelming.

Fubuki is really the only thing saving this adaptation tbh. She hella thicc and sexy af!! Kinda hoping she and Saitama get together in the manga or become closer at least if the author wants to try it
May 7, 2019 10:28 AM
Feb 2019
This is one of the worst fights I have ever seen in my goddamn life,I have seen better fight in One Piece.The Animation is decent,but everything else is not OK,the choreography supposed to be good because the choreography of this fight in the manga is BEAST,but in the anime?,ew,no choreography whatsoever.The music is garbage.Metal Bat's emotion is lacking.Sound Effect is dull and stupid.Every attacks have no weight and no impact at all.The Camera Angle is awful and questionable.Also,the Art is extremely inconsistant.This shit happens because J.C Staff's Animators have litterally NO EXPERIENCE in making anime fights,they should let Toei animate this fight.
Again,a good fight DOESN'T NEED phenomenal animation,but it needs the hype and the impact,but this shit? Oh my god, I can't believe in my eyes right now
To be honest,you have to be so bad at watching battle anime if you can't differentiate what fight is good,what fight is not.Because everything is going wrong with this
SYquan2000May 7, 2019 10:40 AM
May 7, 2019 10:34 AM
Feb 2019
Garou looked fucking terrible in this episode, that fight with metal bat was hilarious
♬ Tell me why Tell why Tell me what u want♬
May 7, 2019 10:45 AM
May 2019
After 5 Episodes I finally realised why I simply cannot enjoy the second season. It is the lack of impact - Everytime you would expect a punch or something else with a severe consequence the scene is simply cut + In fighting scenes they always use a static image and add some lightning strokes to fake real movement. These weird jump cuts driving me nuts.
They might even would get away with this, but since the comedy is almost completly missing, the entire season looks off and I don't see any kind of progression between the episodes.

Like the last scene of todays episode would never have aired in the first season - It looks like Saitama isn't even hitting his opponent. Even Boruto a long-time running (mediocre) series can do much better in this regard.

I see the efforts of the staff - What they draw looks actually pretty detailed and even the CGI is decent, but in most cases it feels like I would watch AoT Season 1, or a coloured (worse) version of the manga.
HPLTMay 7, 2019 10:57 AM
May 7, 2019 10:52 AM

Mar 2012
Animer_man said:
It was a decent fight so keep your mouth shut. Even if madhouse animated this it would have same quality so stop barking garbage. Also go read manga by yourself don't invite us
Ahahahahahaaaaa! Oh, man, this hilarious.

If the animation was all that was problematic with these episodes, it would have no bearing on the overall quality since the story is still good. The direction is just a mess and that's what is hurting this adaptation the most. JC Staff's penchant for cutting content and trying to squeeze as much as possible with questionable cuts and the fact that the pacing is all over the place, the result is just a mess.

What's really working against this series is the fact we have seen it better handled and so we can't help but compare. Banana Fish's anime adaptation got away with some badly handled stuff because it had never been adapted before and had a good story. Still manga readers and seaoned anime viewers saw all the glaring flaws. This is how I feel about One Punch Man seaon 2. I can't help but notice the flaws as a manga reader and the fact Mad House's quality just shits all over it.
May 7, 2019 10:55 AM

Aug 2013
That slap by Saitama lol. It ended the fight too quickly.

May 7, 2019 10:55 AM
Nov 2017
MADHouse has already shown that they can do WAY better than this generic, cheap animation. The entire episode was boring. Lots of fights that ammounted to nothing and that werent even fun to look at, meh dialogue with almost no jokes (or at least none hit the mark) and just leaves with the cliff hanger of the only thing that could have saved the episode: Saitama and the tournament
BarnaldMay 12, 2019 1:01 AM
May 7, 2019 11:01 AM

Mar 2019
KairosLacuna said:

MADHouse has already shown that they can do WAY better than this generic, cheap animation. The entire episode was boring. Lots of fights that ammounted to nothing and that werent even fun to look at, meh dialogue with almost no jokes (or at least none hit the mark) and just leaves with the cliff hanger of the only thing that could have saved the episode: Saitama and the tournament

Just curious, have you by chance seen Afterlost? It's Madhouse's anime for the spring and on top of being crap, it's animation is terrible even using terrible CGI background characters. Also the studio has come under fire recently for overworking animators. Are they really the studio you want working on One Punch Man?
BarnaldMay 12, 2019 1:02 AM
May 7, 2019 11:12 AM

Sep 2018
I love One Punch Man, but.... man what is going on? This season is a mess, really dissapoint, we need to pray for a "One Punch Man Brotherhood" or something, we need a remake of this with better animation and better direction.
I keep moving forward
May 7, 2019 11:12 AM
Feb 2018
Ignoring the fact that the animation wasn't very good, I found this episode to be moderate and funny at parts.
May 7, 2019 11:13 AM

Feb 2018
So Garou vs Metal Bat was... a little underwhelming.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
May 7, 2019 11:21 AM
Feb 2018
Fack!!!! Already the fourth episode in a row without Saitama. The best part of it is me cooking omlete with cheese and mushrooms while waiting the episode to upload.
May 7, 2019 11:21 AM

Jan 2009
damn only few moments of sakuga again and the execution/direction is boring lol

looking forward to Fubuki vs Super S as well as Tatsumaki next episode
May 7, 2019 11:27 AM
Sep 2015
I already love Garo but this episode make me love Metal Bat too! They should go on date and invite me for 3P.
Girls are screaming for Suiryu but he's too tame for me (I don't read the manga so I don't know if he's hidden hotblood or not).
Lightning Max should invite his friend Stinger to this tournament too, I miss him.
LOL at irreverent participants they're so randomly lazy designed.
Metal Knight rank 6 should be significantly better than Metal Bat but he can't do a thing against dragon level threat monster, might be attribute that the lighting lady mention?
Overall really exciting and fun episode, which I could marathon watching it.
Jan 2018
Knew the directing would be worse then the animation XD

And is this basically going to be Overlord S2 but with OPM where the main character is moved to the side
Mattinator95May 7, 2019 11:41 AM
Nov 2017
lordgamermon said:
KairosLacuna said:

Just curious, have you by chance seen Afterlost? It's Madhouse's anime for the spring and on top of being crap, it's animation is terrible even using terrible CGI background characters. Also the studio has come under fire recently for overworking animators. Are they really the studio you want working on One Punch Man?

All im saying is, when MADHouse wants to be good, they can be really fucking good. MADHouse is known for amazing action shows while JC Staff is known more for SoL shows (I might be mistaken tho).
May 7, 2019 11:33 AM

May 2017
wow! what a bad episode. the worst by far. what did i just watch
May 7, 2019 11:35 AM

Mar 2019
KairosLacuna said:
lordgamermon said:

All im saying is, when MADHouse wants to be good, they can be really fucking good. MADHouse is known for amazing action shows while JC Staff is known more for SoL shows (I might be mistaken tho).

Studios don't make anime, Animators at Studios make anime.
May 7, 2019 11:41 AM
Sep 2015
lordgamermon said:
KairosLacuna said:

Also currently airing Ace of Diamond Act II, while I love it, many people on that MAL thread are dissatisfied with Madhouse's overuse of static scene.
I think complaining about OPM SS2 quality is justified but saying Madhouse can do better is wild mass guess.
May 7, 2019 11:44 AM

Apr 2015
This episode was very frustrating to watch. I found the cuts from the tournament to the monster very unfitting. Also to be honest I would have liked to see much more of Saitama fighting in the tournament than the monsters taking over the city.
May 7, 2019 11:47 AM

Jun 2016
They could pace it a bit faster maybe...
May 7, 2019 11:47 AM

Jul 2012
It's a shame they removed Genos' longer hair in this arc. I thought it's a small nice change I don't even realize at first when reading the manga lol

May 7, 2019 11:48 AM

Sep 2014
Wow that was pretty bad. Metal Bat vs Garou looked pretty stupid. Gonna reread the fight in the manga to get this travesty out of my head.
May 7, 2019 11:50 AM

Apr 2013
Lol Genos beeing the only one to clap for his Master as usual
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
May 7, 2019 11:54 AM

Jun 2015
That directing is legit 0/5. There is no flow, it just feels lifeless and random. Also they could've shown great comedic parts in this season yet they cut it?
Episode 3 made me hope that this season might get better but oh well...
May 7, 2019 11:57 AM
Jun 2015
Boring episode. Fight was trash. Thanks for ruining the best moment for metal bat JC faggots
May 7, 2019 12:00 PM

Aug 2018
The fight was way shorter than I remember from the manga. I thought it'll last to the end of the episode but it just took like 7 minutes lol
May 7, 2019 12:06 PM

Nov 2016
Didn't feel this episode.

Just hope sadistic lady vs Fubuki will be good.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 7, 2019 12:08 PM

Jan 2019
I am doubtful they would let Genos watch a martial arts tournament, much less even still hold the tournament when nearly every city is being attacked. It feels like this episodes two plots are happening in entirely unrelated worlds.
May 7, 2019 12:14 PM
Apr 2016
Eh, I'm rather disappointed this time, it was both really really boring and the animation was god awful. Basically nothing happen this episode...
May 7, 2019 12:18 PM
Oct 2017
Drawing, animation, pacing everything is so bad. Don't watch this just read the manga.
May 7, 2019 12:19 PM
Sep 2017
Disappointing like episode 4 . The tournament is boring and i couldnt give less fucks about the participants .
May 7, 2019 12:26 PM

Apr 2014
Nothing special, but I had fun watching it.

Also, I'm excited to FINALLY see Death Gatling adapted. Hoping he does something next episode. Guess I'll have to re-make the cape for my cosplay of him, since I got the colors wrong.
May 7, 2019 12:27 PM
Jan 2016
I'm done, I'm just done. The Metal Bat vs Garou fight was one of the hypest shit in the manga and they just butchered it, I gave this show a fair shake but I just can't continue it. If anyone enjoys this good for you but I just can't continue any more
Yourmom53May 7, 2019 12:30 PM
May 7, 2019 12:28 PM

Jan 2016
Really enjoyed it, although it's the worst episode so far with awful directing.
May 7, 2019 12:33 PM
Jan 2019
Animer_man said:
I think they are trying their best in this little time to animate the season 2 episodes. So please stop complaining have patience and shup the hell up. Watch it by keeping your mouth shut and with patience. Have a good day!

This forum is meant for critical analysis of the episodes. Also asking to shut the hell up won't do you any good. There is no way to accept this mediocricy provided by JC. They just saw OPM as a cash grab and accepted the proposal by the publishers.
The episode 5's fights are just still frames with some lightening and ghosting effects and minimum movements. There is no actual impact in the fight that will keep the audience hooked. The manga had amazing fight sequences but JC are doing a bad job even at tracing the manga. Look at Garou's face in the fight, it's completely distorted. Looks as if he was on smack.Metal Bat vs Garou was supposed to be one of the highlights of this season, but they made it too awful. The fight didn't feel serious at all, it felt too bland and emotionless. JC are not even showing the complete picture, just close up shots. Everything is done in CG from the bat to the buildings and roads.
Silverfang vs monster that was lacklustre too, in the manga Bang actually uses his first of the flowing water crushed rock, but here it's like a punch from an amateur when Bang is supposed to be martial arts expert. And the part where the rhino monster tackles the two heroes, see how they just flew away like team rocket. We didn't even get to see Saitama punch the guy, just another still frame.
JC is just increasing the amount of blood spit, nothing more than that.
Karunasagar_GvMay 7, 2019 12:43 PM
May 7, 2019 12:37 PM
Jul 2018
xShinigami3125 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I have gotten to the point where I can ironically enjoy this. Garou looks so god damn awful, and the animation is so lame that it's bloody hilarious.

Your opinions are way to trendy, and your contributions weak. If you were a condiment you would be the weakest of sauce. You would be on a shelf beside pickle juice and reduced fat mayonnaise alternative on the Vegan Friendly aisle in a whole foods market. Stop causing the world of anime diarrhea, go flush yourself.

Now for everyone who doesn't mind having friends or watching popular anime, this episode was a bit rushed I think. It was interesting to watch all the different moments happening around the cities, but I think it the chaos could have been choreographed a little better. Yes, I can see the irony in that statement.

That "you're in the weak bracket too" snap-back was pretty good. I feel like we are getting a bit more personality out of Saitama this season, for better or for worse. Here is to seeing next weeks episode, and hopefully a more neutral OP will outpace this clown for next weeks discussion.

- GK
May 7, 2019 12:58 PM

Dec 2016
What fucking garbage, and they really teased with decent animation last episode smh
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
May 7, 2019 1:02 PM

Apr 2016
This has become even more of a slog than before, with the shitty Metal Bat v Garou fight and the dumbass sister whose characterization doesn't match that phone call from the previous episode at all, and how they keep interrupting all this surprisingly dull and bloated series of monster attacks with this stupid martial arts side-plot that barely provides any comic relief. It's just more dicking around, waiting for things to happen, dragging this episode down to an agonizing crawl! Hell, they just abruptly cut to credits at the end of a pung gag and put the finishing gag that would have tied at least the sub-plot of this episode (the grudge this pretty boy develops with Saitama dressed as Charanko) after the credits! Fuck this episode! It's on par with episodes 1 and 2, if not worse in some instances! Every episode of this season has become a fucking drag minus episode 3, and this episode embodies that meandering, bogged down while trudging through a thick swamp feeling. I can't even bring myself to hate it cuz it's just too tiresome and there is still one or two decent gags and whatnot that keep this above a 1/5 for me. Still...damn. This is One Punch Man now...that's depressing. The hate train this show got was more than deserved, even if that should apply to the awful writing quality and not just the terrible visual presentation.
May 7, 2019 1:09 PM

Mar 2018
This episode ain't episode 2 of bad animation, but jesus christ was this dissapointing. And the worst part is that people eat this shit up. You can call me and others sakutards or whatever y'all for stupid insults names use, but this anime doesn't do the manga or as a follow up of season 1 justice. If you really want more OPM content, read the manga.
May 7, 2019 1:10 PM
Nov 2016
leman_ls said:
which chapters did it adapt?

Manga chapters 58 to 61.
May 7, 2019 1:20 PM

Mar 2016
It seems Garou has a soft spot for children.

Saitama called a guy weak like he just noticed something quite obvious. I love his ability to offend just about anybody.

Saitama won with a slap. Hahaha

Oh good, the girlfriend never showed up. The guy can still propose to her. Lol.
May 7, 2019 1:22 PM

Oct 2011
Well, they are presenting it 80-85% of how it's supposed to look so it's fine

May 7, 2019 1:32 PM

Feb 2014
The only way to stop Garo right now, other than to knock him unconscious, is to get a little kid involved. In this case, it was Metal Bat's sister and her words was powerful enough to make Garo lose interest in his fight and walked away. Either way, he was only one hit away from winning, but that was dealt embarrassingly by Metal's bat sister instead. XD

But the animation, for me, was as lackluster as episode 2. Character models were fine, but the movements and the huge use of blurring wasn't good at all. At least the CGI centipede still looked great in the few scenes it still appeared in this episode, though. =)

What I really want to see more of is the fighting tournament. Saitama is already through to the next round after simply slapping his opponent's face silly. Lucky for the guy that his girlfriend never turned up to watch his thrashing, lol.

The episode was frustrating, but it still had some good points. Hopefully, the rollercoaster animation quality will improve next time, or it could get worse, who knows.....
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2019

389 by THEBIGNOODLER »»
Apr 10, 2:30 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

200 by Craneface »»
Mar 28, 2:52 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

xShinigami3125 - Apr 23, 2019

367 by Dr_tardo »»
Feb 21, 6:24 PM

» Bro deadass nearly died

Mei-o_Scarlett - Jan 17

3 by Mei-o_Scarlett »»
Jan 17, 3:07 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 21, 2019

234 by ShaunTheMoose »»
Jan 16, 3:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.