Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 4, 2019 7:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Man, these Clown Troupe guys are a bit creepy if you ask me.

On the other hand, seems Milim is getting along better with the others. Rimuru continues his words of wisdom as usual and remembering his time with Shizu. No doubt he still values her greatly even now. Ooh, that cliffhanger :o

The threat of Charybdis is approaching!
Stark700Feb 4, 2019 8:54 AM
Feb 4, 2019 8:16 AM
Mar 2016
This is different adaption indeed ( but story flow is still the same mind you )
They going in deep details for Forbio motivation here
the first part is quite slow but it did give creepy vibe regards those clowns
anyways the fat clown "Footman" is the mask majin
that Benimaru remember in his flashback if anyone notice
mickbisFeb 4, 2019 8:36 AM
Feb 4, 2019 9:37 AM

Mar 2018
God I love this series.
Feb 4, 2019 9:40 AM
Oct 2018
The pace in this episode is how every slime episode should be adapted.
Feb 4, 2019 10:01 AM

Jan 2014
here I thought this episode would include the fight, but then it look like I should wait for next week.
so Carybdis gonna be eaten by Rimuru right?
Feb 4, 2019 10:04 AM

May 2018
Abyhape said:
here I thought this episode would include the fight, but then it look like I should wait for next week.

or maybe rimuru is gonna free veldora and take his form to defeat him
Feb 4, 2019 10:07 AM

Feb 2014
If only Rimuru joined in with Shion, Shuna and Milim when the ladies were having a deep-breath underwater contest, then the scene would've gone from great to excellent. Ah well, maybe next time. =3

Thanks to the two clowns' persuasion skills, they were able to easily convince Fobio to become one with Charybdis and go after Rimuru and Milim.

That means the short time of peace for Rimuru's nation has come to a halt, as Treyni's sister, Trya, warns everyone about the threat of Charybdis. It's also good to see Rimuru open up to Shizu's former companions about taking on her form and wanting to go after Leon, but that'll have to wait as Charybdis is the main priority now.

I'm expecting plenty of action for the next episode. It'll definitely be tough for Rimuru's group, but i'm sure that they'll be victorious!
Feb 4, 2019 10:09 AM
Jul 2013
all the people complaining how fast the pace last week lmao this y'all fault, now it won't even get past manga SMFH this is record breaking slow pace even for this show

Abyhape said:

If Rimuru can't use predator on Milim who's a demon lord that's 10 times stronger than him and Charybdis is on a demon lord level then obviously he also can't with Charybdis

But if you really wanna know

Feb 4, 2019 10:42 AM
Jan 2019
Megalodon? What?
Feb 4, 2019 11:31 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
They talked. Then they talked. When that was done , they talked again. And when it was all over, they talked some more.
I know perfectly well that this is LN adaptation thats catered for existing fans, but damn, the old storytelling premise for visual media of "show, don't tell" really seemed to go out the window in this episode. If I wanted to hear a bunch of dialogue, I'd read a book instead.
And its not that I cannot watch a dialogue based show (i've breezed through most of Monogatari series and others), but it just seems like a chore here. The delivery is so flat, I'm dumped a bunch of info and plot.

Next episode seems more promising though.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 4, 2019 11:50 AM

Dec 2016
Those Harlequin's are a crafty bunch, they definitely said the right things to get Phobio to accept their offer, of course it won't end well for him.

Great idea to build roads that will lead to other towns, that will definitely make it easier to do business with others.

Charybdis and a bunch of Megalodons, I am very excited for the next episode, it should be one hell of a battle, I want to see just what kind of power it possesses and how they will handle it.

Is there any defense they can put up to withstand any attacks from it at all.
Feb 4, 2019 11:51 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Its nice to see these lackeys of Carrion realize the error of their ways and actually try to come up with a new plan of action. Hmm Footman and Tear finally make their entrance. If anything their proposal sure was a enticing one. Its nice to see that Milim managed to establish friendships with both Shion and Shuna so quickly. Footman and Tear though sure are quite the comedic duo. Looks like that superweapon was the real deal after all. Interesting ep that did well to set up the threat posed by this new weapon. Can't wait to see how Rimuru and co would deal with Charybdis next week.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 4, 2019 12:07 PM
Jan 2016
Good episode!

Bath scene was funny, and i am glad Milim is getting along with Shion and Shuna!

Fobio got persuaded by Footman and Tear, and helping them to revive Charybdis becoming one with Charybdis, being able to controll easier, and he is going now after Milim and Rimuru!

It is always nice to remember Shizu, but before Leon, Rimuru have to defeat Charybdis!

And also Charybdis is a Veldora's creation, i wonder how they will lead with Charybdis! Hope for Milim to fight too!
Feb 4, 2019 12:23 PM

Mar 2017
Battle against Charybdis is beginning. Some new info on Demon Lord Leo. Leo is far stronger than Charybdis huh.
Also Rimuru spoke about where he came from.
Feb 4, 2019 12:24 PM

May 2015
I liked how nonchalantly he just told them his history and called himself isekaijin.
Also, I miss Veldora!
Feb 4, 2019 12:34 PM

Jul 2014
Oh boy, another episode consisting of glacial pacing, tons of dull and tedious dialogue and yet more lazy and arbitrary plotting (Shion refusing Milim's help is just stupidly bad and lazy writing, especially when she actively wants to help; it's not forcing her to help if she wants to you fucking morons). Good attempt to build hype, but this show's glacial pacing and flat dialogue and characters once again ruined it.

Also, why the hell is Charybdis a flying monster here? That's almost as far away from the Charybdis of Greek mythology as you can possibly get.

Also, before I inevitably get loads of people quoting me for having the audacity to insult their "perfect little isekai", I have zero interest in your comments calling me stupid or telling me to read the manga or whatever, so don't even bother.

This show is still enjoyable at times, but it's also overrated to an absurd degree.
Feb 4, 2019 12:35 PM

Mar 2010
well that was a boring episode

too much clowns
Feb 4, 2019 12:56 PM

Apr 2017
Oof I need more tsundere dragon.
Feb 4, 2019 1:21 PM

Jan 2013
At least they bothered to explain some things after two atrociously fast episodes, I was afraid they would simply skip to the end of the fight considering the pace they picked up.
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Feb 4, 2019 1:30 PM
Dec 2018
Atavistic said:

Also, before I inevitably get loads of people quoting me for having the audacity to insult their "perfect little isekai", I have zero interest in your comments calling me stupid or telling me to read the manga or whatever, so don't even bother.

>refuses to even defend his own views
Absolutely pathetic. If you are unwilling to even defend your own views and to engage others in an argument, then you should just stop posting. You are really just showing how immature you really are. I don't even believe you have a good grasp of the story, and you seem to be unable of understanding basic character motivations and standard story structures. You should just stop posting until you can learn these basic concepts.

Anyways, overall I thought the episode was good, especially since we get to see more into how Phobio was turned into the Charybdis. I thought that this was a smart add in especially since we don't get to see it in the manga or LN. I thought the character interactions were really good as well.
jaw201Feb 4, 2019 1:35 PM
Feb 4, 2019 1:31 PM
May 2007
Bad episode.
6+ minutes dedicated to a very minor character and his cliche attitude, stupidity, and empty dialogue. He's not even a minor supporting character, he's an enemy! Why would the studio waste so much time on this? Is there something from the LN I'm missing?

They could have cut this time down to two minutes at most, cut in some revival animation sequence, and dedicate more time later in the episode to how Rimuru and his town are going to prepare with the threat. Not just blankly state "Yeah, lets deal with this major threat!"
Feb 4, 2019 1:34 PM
Mar 2017
Footman and Tear are very good at manipulating the little-minded beings, Phobio fell into their trap like a true naive and now he releases a creature so dangerous that it will endanger the entire population of the Jura Tempest Federation, besides I find it ridiculous how Phobio quit his job to his master, the demon king Carrion as if nothing.
The fanservice of this episode was decent and enjoyable, it was fun to see how Shuna joined the game in the hot springs next to Millim and Shion (I thought the same as Rirumu when I saw them in the water), also today Millim debuted a new outfit and she looked so cute, I really liked the necklace with the figure of Rimuru.
It made me laugh and i felt sad when Shuna and Shion reject Millim's help, first I laughed at how Rirumu reacted and I felt sad for the poor Millim, she just wants to be of help for her best friend Rirumu, poor little thing, i hope she can help at that crucial moment.
The design of Charybdis looked spectacular, it has a size that would leave anyone terrified, including the megalodons that are their bodyguards look very intimidating.
It was moving that moment when Rirumu remembers Shizu, i still did not overcome her death.
The next episode we will see the great battle that Rirumu and his troops will have to defeat this flying catastrophe.
Feb 4, 2019 1:40 PM

Jul 2014
jaw201 said:
Atavistic said:

Absolutely pathetic. If you are unwilling to even defend your own views then you should just stop posting. It really just shows how immature you are.

Anyways, overall I thought the episode was good, especially since we get to see more into how Phobio was turned into the Charybdis. I thought that this was a smart add in especially since we don't get to see it in the manga or LN. I thought the character interactions were really good as well.

I've defended my views enough previously, and in doing so I've seen that there's no point as some people just won't accept any criticism of this show, no matter how valid. I'm also sick of the fact that this is the only show I comment on where people actually quote anything I say, and that's only to defend the show and call me stupid or immature in the process (as you just did, without saying anything to refute my views (other than to say that yours are completely different, so we'll have to agree to disagree here)).

You'd be surprised how irritating it is to only get people engaging with your slightly negative comments on one show, and not on anything else where I'm actually a little more positive (or put more thought into my comments) about the show. And I wouldn't advise going around calling someone immature and telling them to stop posting when you only have 20 posts on the forums here.

I'll keep posting on this show until it's over, regardless of whether it improves or stays as it is. I've also said my bit about my frustrations, so I'll leave it at that I suppose.
Feb 4, 2019 2:01 PM
Dec 2018
Atavistic said:
jaw201 said:

Absolutely pathetic. If you are unwilling to even defend your own views then you should just stop posting. It really just shows how immature you are.

I've defended my views enough previously, and in doing so I've seen that there's no point as some people just won't accept any criticism of this show, no matter how valid. I'm also sick of the fact that this is the only show I comment on where people actually quote anything I say, and that's only to defend the show and call me stupid or immature in the process (as you just did, without saying anything to refute my views (other than to say that yours are completely different, so we'll have to agree to disagree here)).

You'd be surprised how irritating it is to only get people engaging with your slightly negative comments on one show, and not on anything else where I'm actually a little more positive (or put more thought into my comments) about the show. And I wouldn't advise going around calling someone immature and telling them to stop posting when you only have 20 posts on the forums here.

I'll keep posting on this show until it's over, regardless of whether it improves or stays as it is. I've also said my bit about my frustrations, so I'll leave it at that I suppose.

Except, you have yet to respond to comments that other people have made. I know I responded to you, but you still never responded. It doesn't matter how irritating it is to defend your views, if you refuse to engage in an argument with others then you just look like someone who is acting immature because you are just ignoring what everyone is saying without actually trying to refute it. Also, have you ever realized that maybe you might be wrong? If your points are getting refuted by people constantly, shouldn't that means that you should try to re-evaluate your claims? Maybe the reason why people keep arguing against your criticism is because maybe the points you bring up aren't valid. I know have re-evaluating my own opinions and critiques of a show myself as well. Its something that helps with critiquing a show because it helps determine the nitpicks from the actual problems a show has. And please don't try to discredit me just because I have a low post count, that doesn't mean I can't call out someone who is refusing to even sincerely engage in an argument.

Now to engage your original post in the hope that you will actually respond.

Atavistic said:
Oh boy, another episode consisting of glacial pacing, tons of dull and tedious dialogue and yet more lazy and arbitrary plotting (Shion refusing Milim's help is just stupidly bad and lazy writing, especially when she actively wants to help; it's not forcing her to help if she wants to you fucking morons). Good attempt to build hype, but this show's glacial pacing and flat dialogue and characters once again ruined it.

Its actually fits for Shion's character to refuse outside help with threats. Consider when Millim came to Tempest. All of the Kijin told Rimuru that they would try to handle the situation for him. Its called having pride in the abilities of both Rimuru, and the rest of the Kijin, and I don't see how this is particularly lazy writing either. Isn't the reasoning that they can't depend on Millim because she won't always be in Tempest valid? Also, don't forget the issue of collateral damage. Shion and Shuna are both also concerned about the massive collateral damage Millim could cause. Now for your last point, let me just say this, would you rather have Charybdis revive and have no explanation or backstory for why it revived, or have an episode dedicated for why Charybdis revived and why it is attacking Tempest? I'm sure you would say no. This episode sets up the entire reason for the Charybdis attacking Tempest.

Atavistic said:

Also, why the hell is Charybdis a flying monster here? That's almost as far away from the Charybdis of Greek mythology as you can possibly get.

This actually makes more sense if you think about it in a more roundabout way. In the simplest sense, a dragon is a sea serpent with wings. if you think of Veldora as a flying sea monster, then it would make sense for the Charybdis, (who is Veldora's "offspring") to be a flying sea monster as well. This is also the reason why it summon multiple flying Whales/Megalodons. Its really just a way to give a flying sea creature a good sounding name, so your critique seems more like a nitpick rather than something substantial.

EDIT: I needed to make some small changes to the language used in some of the arguments, I felt like I was too adversarial, and therefore turned down some portions of the post.
jaw201Feb 4, 2019 2:09 PM
Feb 4, 2019 2:09 PM

Jul 2015
well that one was pretty boring and at the same time it wasnt
dunno how to feel about this one

Well...
Feb 4, 2019 2:10 PM

Dec 2018
Atavistic said:
jaw201 said:

In this episode we saw part of the director's incompetence for distributing the pace badly, there is really no way to deny it could really show something better, but remember we talk about the director of infinite stratos so he prefers to invent fan-service scenes that do not even exist , the novel or the web novel, it's a shame but it is enough with to see the criticism and the poor reception that the anime has if we compare it to the greats of the season like MOB psycho, dororo (a manga forgotten decades ago) and tate no yuusha, 8bits can not do anything compared to big Studies with great productive values and a superior work staff such as MAPPA, Bones and Trigger. It's a shame.
Feb 4, 2019 2:18 PM
Dec 2018
Fede_5000 said:

In this episode we saw part of the director's incompetence for distributing the pace badly, there is really no way to deny it could really show something better, but remember we talk about the director of infinite stratos so he prefers to invent fan-service scenes that do not even exist , the novel or the web novel, it's a shame but it is enough with to see the criticism and the poor reception that the anime has if we compare it to the greats of the season like MOB psycho, dororo (a manga forgotten decades ago) and tate no yuusha, 8bits can not do anything compared to big Studies with great productive values and a superior work staff such as MAPPA, Bones and Trigger. It's a shame.

Invent fanservice scenes? Most of the fanservice scenes in the anime have also been in the manga. I don't know where you are getting that claim from. Now, for your claim that the "bad" pacing is due to directorial incompetence. I would absolutely have to disagree here. The director and the author of the original series worked together in order to pace the anime, so this is the pace that Fuse himself signed off on. This is also because the anime production committee is forcing 8bit to adapt up to where the manga is going to be come February 26th. Now, where is any proof that this has poor reception? The anime has also been selling incredibly well.
jaw201Feb 4, 2019 2:21 PM
Feb 4, 2019 2:39 PM

Dec 2018
Fede_5000 said:

Invent fanservice scenes? Most of the fanservice scenes in the anime have also been in the manga. I don't know where you are getting that claim from. Now, for your claim that the "bad" pacing is due to directorial incompetence. I would absolutely have to disagree here. The director and the author of the original series worked together in order to pace the anime, so this is the pace that Fuse himself signed off on. This is also because the anime production committee is forcing 8bit to adapt up to where the manga is going to be come February 26th. Now, where is any proof that this has poor reception? The anime has also been selling incredibly well.

Shion's tits were not that exaggerated, also those onsen scenes did not happen that way, it was only seen when Milim or the others left the bathroom, in the web novel there is only one onsen scene in an extra.
Fuse is not a director can not decide that the pace is the best
As for the success I mean the reception in the West we all know that the Japanese buy whatever it is for being an isekai
Feb 4, 2019 2:49 PM

Apr 2015
How to get baited by 2 clowns 101.

So after Charybdis being revived it's now heading towards Rimuru and Millim. I don't get why they don't want Millim to fight with them, she's pretty much the best asset they have right now.

Remembering Shizue, is really nice! I like that eventho she's gone, she won't be forgotten!! (As it should be)

Atavistic said:

After you mentioning that, I had to check out where the name Charybdis comes from and what it looks like, I have to agree, it's quite a bit different from the Greek Mythology. But I suppose that's also a thing in fiction, just steal a name from somewhere and give it your own little spin to it. The Greek Mythology version looks much more epic though.
Feb 4, 2019 3:08 PM

Jul 2014
jaw201 said:
Atavistic said:

This actually makes more sense if you think about it in a more roundabout way. In the simplest sense, a dragon is a sea serpent with wings. if you think of Veldora as a flying sea monster, then it would make sense for the Charybdis, (who is Veldora's "offspring") to be a flying sea monster as well. This is also the reason why it summon multiple flying Whales/Megalodons. Its really just a way to give a flying sea creature a good sounding name, so your critique seems more like a nitpick rather than something substantial.

Yeah, I'll fully admit that that's just a nitpick on my part. I just thought it was odd that they use that name for it when they could use something that makes a little more sense for what it is, but if the author is just using it to make it sound cool I suppose it works well enough for the purpose.

As for the rest about them refusing Milim's help (not quoted so this page doesn't just turn into a quote wall), the reasoning does make sense as the Kijin have shown themselves to be quite prideful of both themselves and Rimuru's abilities. However, my issue with it mostly comes from the way it was presented as Milim wanting to help (and Rimuru wanting her to help) and Shion refusing and giving a pretty weak surface reason for it. I'd have probably been able to more easily accept it if she (or Rimuru, or whoever) mentioned the collateral damage issue or the fact that Milim won't always be there as the reason, but the reason she stated (that it's a problem for the people of Tempest) seemed a little unfair and arbitrary: after all, even if it isn't permanent Milim is currently as much of a resident there as the rest of them so certainly has as much of a right to help as anyone else.

I suppose calling that lazy at this stage is a tad harsh, but if they can't defeat Charybdis on their own and use Milim for it then I think it will have become a justified comment at that point. Until then, I guess we'll just have to wait and see (and I really hope this isn't dragged out until the very end (or at least before the special final two episodes)).
AtavisticFeb 4, 2019 3:18 PM
Feb 4, 2019 3:42 PM
Jun 2011
Atavistic said:
jaw201 said:

Yeah, I'll fully admit that that's just a nitpick on my part. I just thought it was odd that they use that name for it when they could use something that makes a little more sense for what it is, but if the author is just using it to make it sound cool I suppose it works well enough for the purpose.

As for the rest about them refusing Milim's help (not quoted so this page doesn't just turn into a quote wall), the reasoning does make sense as the Kijin have shown themselves to be quite prideful of both themselves and Rimuru's abilities. However, my issue with it mostly comes from the way it was presented as Milim wanting to help (and Rimuru wanting her to help) and Shion refusing and giving a pretty weak surface reason for it. I'd have probably been able to more easily accept it if she (or Rimuru, or whoever) mentioned the collateral damage issue or the fact that Milim won't always be there as the reason, but the reason she stated (that it's a problem for the people of Tempest) seemed a little unfair and arbitrary: after all, even if it isn't permanent Milim is currently as much of a resident there as the rest of them so certainly has as much of a right to help as anyone else.

I suppose calling that lazy at this stage is a tad harsh, but if they can't defeat Charybdis on their own and use Milim for it then I think it will have become a justified comment at that point. Until then, I guess we'll just have to wait and see (and I really hope this isn't dragged out until the very end (or at least before the special final two episodes)).
the special 2 episode 24 and 25 that means we only have 5 episodes left so I hope they wont drag this battle too much
Feb 4, 2019 3:42 PM
Dec 2018
Tencellar said:
Bad episode.
6+ minutes dedicated to a very minor character and his cliche attitude, stupidity, and empty dialogue. He's not even a minor supporting character, he's an enemy! Why would the studio waste so much time on this? Is there something from the LN I'm missing?

They could have cut this time down to two minutes at most, cut in some revival animation sequence, and dedicate more time later in the episode to how Rimuru and his town are going to prepare with the threat. Not just blankly state "Yeah, lets deal with this major threat!"

Nah i like this more if you view from completed perspective it was a good episode. Because it added more story and i like it because now there are new canon story. When i read LN and manga i wondering how the hell they skipped the part of the villain. The director of this must feel the same, because he read the LN and the manga too and decided animate this to complete the arc and story.
Feb 4, 2019 3:52 PM

Apr 2012
Those complaining about the pacing and lack of action should just:
- go play your video games to get your fill of action.
- do some chores and get some action yourself.
- Sleep, you'll probably get some action in your dreams.
- go watch something else with less talk and more repetitive pointless action.
- keep saying "action" over and over till you can't say it no more.
- look yourself in the mirror and ask yourself; if action is what you really want. If YES say it with intense emotion as you smash the mirror with your fist.
- you can go F yourself because that alone will give you "action."

This anime for me is doing great in balancing world building and character development in favor of just "action" so stfu about it because all it does is prove your small attention span and your gluttony for quantity over quantity in terms of "action."
8.5/10 for me so far.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Feb 4, 2019 4:52 PM
Apr 2016
Hmm, out of all episodes this one must be the most boring one, personally for me, just felt very slow.
Feb 4, 2019 5:53 PM

Dec 2014
Good episode as always.

Ah, that glorious bath scene. <3

The 2 clowns were hilarious and I actually love how they just totally baited Carrion's underling. They might have terrible things planned but the way they went about it was amusing to say the least. XD

Guess we're preparing to fight the Charybdis now. Looking forward to next week, should be good.
Feb 4, 2019 7:54 PM

May 2018
I don't understand why people still commenting to this series as "lack of action" ? I mean, if you follow this series from the start, you must be realize that this series will not provide you with some intense action like the other isekai series did. Rather than action, this series will go more "Strategy and Conquer" things, like if you playing some startegy game like Civilzation or Age of Empire. That's why in some episode, we can see more meetings, more agreement with another kingdom, and even build your kingdom from the scratch. Want more prove ? Check this series's genre list, there is no action written there....

As for this episode, this is the gate to the next fight against Charbydis. That's why this is full of the backstory of Charbydis itself and how Rimuru preparing for it. Yes, I must agree that they must made the preparation things more detail, rather than just hearing everybody agree about it. And Shion's way to reject Milim's help is understandable. Most of Tempest's people still in doubt with Lord Milim, so they don't want to take more risk by included her in this war.

Overall, good episode. I want to see how the war going next week. Now I'm really lost from Manga's pace, so I continue it with blind about what happen next.
Feb 4, 2019 8:22 PM

Aug 2018
WolfDFireLeo said:
Megalodon? What?

Don't worry all to much. I'm pretty sure it has no relation to Otodus megalodon that gotten extinct approx. 2 million years ago from our world.
Otherwise we need to call Jason Statham.

(Haven't seen that The Meg movie yet, but I already can tell it's a very bad movie already)
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Feb 4, 2019 8:25 PM

Apr 2018
Good episode again, in the manga they rush this arc, i like more the anime version
Feb 4, 2019 8:46 PM

Mar 2014
Rare for an isekai protag to reveal that they're from another world, but I liked that he just said it openly and they all easily accepted it.

Lol at how no one questioned that "there just happened to be a lot of dragon corpses nearby"
Feb 4, 2019 9:43 PM

Aug 2017
You see how stupid a enemy is. How he can trust some random clowns?

It seems that the fight will have the same issues from the last one. Too much pointless talk, then some overpower character defeat the enemy despite that could have done it from the start. Why wouldn't they accept Milim help in the first place? But it is obvious that her will defeat Charybdis.

Also, hot spring scenes gets repetitive.
NurguburuFeb 4, 2019 10:05 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 4, 2019 10:04 PM
Jun 2017
next week is gonna be an exciting one as Charybdis will already enter the tempest territory... yeah!!!
Feb 4, 2019 11:06 PM

Mar 2016
Lol white whale copycat
Why is all isekai an amalgamation lacking any originality?
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
Feb 4, 2019 11:11 PM
Jul 2015
I know the pacing bothers some people but I quite like the slower pace. It's like this in the manga too, most of it is the characters talking to each other. There is nothing for it, that's just the type of story this is. It's a nice change of pace imo. So long as this doesn't get as bogged down as Log Horizon season 2 I'm here for it.
Feb 4, 2019 11:38 PM

May 2015
Charybdis is Veldora's child? You know what that means?

"I'm the strongest one in this nation." I guess you can say that Rimuru is "politically correct".

So Leon is even more powerful that Charybdis eh...

We're going up against Charybdis next episode. Please tell me that we get to see Veldora again soon...But I don't think Rimuru has found a way to unseal him yet. Darn it!
Feb 4, 2019 11:51 PM
Nov 2016
If anyone thought the sound they heard was familiar at the end of the episode when Charybdis was flying over.... it is because it is the same (or very similar) sound of Udaeus from Sword Oratoria (the boss battle that Ais fought solo that allowed her to go up to Level 6)
Feb 5, 2019 12:14 AM

Dec 2017
Milim is getting cuter and more adorable as series is progressing. looking forward to next episode.

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Feb 5, 2019 12:33 AM

Sep 2013
The show's really slowed down after the Orc arc huh.
Feb 5, 2019 2:20 AM

Dec 2014
well nice build up... seems like another major fight on the way
Feb 5, 2019 2:22 AM
Nov 2018
Good episode! I love Rimuru's voice. Usually I don't pay attention to what voices sound like, but his is so cute, it does a lot for the character.

Wait - he has NEVER revealed he was a human before, and now he reveals it to these outsiders who just arrived in the city. Not to his trusted lieutenants. I was waiting for this, expecting the revelation would get some gasps and thoughts from his council. But here it's just like a by-the-way mention. A missed opportunity, I think.

Why NOT send the demon who is ten times stronger than Rimuru? If he dies, it's bad not just for him but for everyone who relies on him.

See, this is the problem with a demon character like her. Like I pointed out in the last episode discussion, she is too much. A huge fish in a small pond. Now they need a contrived explanation for keeping her from solving the problem. Just like modern detective stories have to come up with ways to exclude "Just call the police with your cellphone, you don't have to rush in yourself". (The excuses are always: forgot the phone, the phone got crushed, the battery died, or - there is no cover even though they're right outside New Orleans.)

And as I said back then, it is unrealistic that demon lords would live in the mortal world - for centuries or even millennia - without having laid waste to it, or enslaved everyone. If for nothing else then because they're bored. They have nothing else to do - no job, no families. They're just sitting there. And they're DEMONS, the personification of evil, the enemies of all life. The creatures of the abyss - usually it's an entire adventure just to stop one of them from materializing in the mortal world, because they will immediately start the slaughter and the eating of souls.

So, the solution is - ignore the "demon" part. From now on I'll just think of them as demigods.

Are we even sure that the Japanese version says "demon"?
Feb 5, 2019 3:17 AM

Jun 2015
Hegar said:
Good episode! I love Rimuru's voice. Usually I don't pay attention to what voices sound like, but his is so cute, it does a lot for the character.

Wait - he has NEVER revealed he was a human before, and now he reveals it to these outsiders who just arrived in the city. Not to his trusted lieutenants. I was waiting for this, expecting the revelation would get some gasps and thoughts from his council. But here it's just like a by-the-way mention. A missed opportunity, I think.

Why NOT send the demon who is ten times stronger than Rimuru? If he dies, it's bad not just for him but for everyone who relies on him.

See, this is the problem with a demon character like her. Like I pointed out in the last episode discussion, she is too much. A huge fish in a small pond. Now they need a contrived explanation for keeping her from solving the problem. Just like modern detective stories have to come up with ways to exclude "Just call the police with your cellphone, you don't have to rush in yourself". (The excuses are always: forgot the phone, the phone got crushed, the battery died, or - there is no cover even though they're right outside New Orleans.)

And as I said back then, it is unrealistic that demon lords would live in the mortal world - for centuries or even millennia - without having laid waste to it, or enslaved everyone. If for nothing else then because they're bored. They have nothing else to do - no job, no families. They're just sitting there. And they're DEMONS, the personification of evil, the enemies of all life. The creatures of the abyss - usually it's an entire adventure just to stop one of them from materializing in the mortal world, because they will immediately start the slaughter and the eating of souls.

So, the solution is - ignore the "demon" part. From now on I'll just think of them as demigods.

Are we even sure that the Japanese version says "demon"?

about ur first question well its not like he was hiding that he was human in prev life ,noone asked about it and until now he was interacting with monsters so him being a prev human would not help him at all, but in this arc he wanted to be friends with humans and humans country ,so its helpful now!
about ur second question demon lords or monsters are just a different race and creatures from humans and other fairy type creatures! that doesn't mean they need to be bad .we are not reading bible!
we also have different type of things that are simply translated to demons or monster in eng for more explanation i added this from wiki :

vipergodFeb 5, 2019 3:38 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2018

290 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Apr 21, 3:53 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Jiharo - Feb 11, 2019

227 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 19, 5:17 AM

» rimuru is the bad guy

Rukasumi - Apr 11

2 by felixsifuri »»
Apr 12, 11:53 AM

» Help my fellow weebs

Lonely_kun - Apr 5

27 by Puntosmx »»
Apr 7, 4:54 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2019

287 by iggggi »»
Apr 7, 5:21 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.