Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2019 6:15 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
More aircraft adventures and it follows a similar suit compared to the other episodes. We got to see some aerial dogfights at night and the stakes are even higher than usual.

I mean, it's probably because their mission involves infilitring a stronghold. Zara took a quite a risk with her plan.
Stark700Feb 3, 2019 6:20 AM
Feb 3, 2019 6:36 AM

Apr 2010
This was another nice episode and funny as well.
Zara using her charms and her ability to hold alcohol to weaken the enemy and she even made a friend in the base.
Still it seems they where not the only ones after Raiden but they managed to get it in the end which was nice.

Seems the elite have enemies as well.
Feb 3, 2019 7:35 AM

Apr 2015
Zara too op, pls nerf. Those cliffs remind me of Ace Combat missions that required the player to stay low. And I'm glad they got the Raiden back. On a side note, I wonder who destroyed the Rohta airport.
All men, kings or peasants, die equally.
Feb 3, 2019 8:33 AM
Mar 2017
ep 4 have better air battle than ep 1
Feb 3, 2019 9:02 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

Kirie was so adorable in the beginning. <3

Zara got them assets. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I love how she outdrunk everyone and I absolutely love her catch phrase 'Let's just say I've got some experience'. XD

The action sequences were awesome, loved every moment of it especially that final Raiden flight through the canyon crevices.

Looking forward to more.
Feb 3, 2019 9:48 AM

Oct 2018
Probably the best episode so far. A little bit of back story of the characters and world building and it reminds me my first thought the first time I heard this show, just 6 girls roaming from town to town looking for work with a wild wild west theme.

Also they really made the sound of the Raiden powerful like its a jet aircraft. Hopefully, we don't get to see them dance anymore.
Feb 3, 2019 11:33 AM
Apr 2016
I don't get why the studio absolutely wants the 6 main girls to be done in CG while the rest of the characters are in 2d. The parts of some of the main girls that were done in 2d are much better than their 3d CG parts so why don't they stick with 2d?
Feb 3, 2019 11:57 AM

Mar 2014
Flair_Noble said:
I don't get why the studio absolutely wants the 6 main girls to be done in CG while the rest of the characters are in 2d. The parts of some of the main girls that were done in 2d are much better than their 3d CG parts so why don't they stick with 2d?

I would assume they do it because its cheaper to put recurring 3d characters in 3d models and one-off characters that are only seen a couple of times are in 2d because it is faster and cheaper than creating an entirely new model.
Powered by yuri.
Needless to say, I finish all anime I start, no matter my initial opinion, no matter how bad it gets, I WILL FINISH IT!
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/zunderdog24
Feb 3, 2019 12:43 PM

May 2018
Whao, Zara is hot.......................................
Feb 3, 2019 5:22 PM

Aug 2018
Thus was a decent episode, I like that they have other tactics than just get in a plane and shoot everything. However, this is a show about planes, just like Girls and Panzer was about tanks. The show has been doing well keeping things realistic until the Raiden pulled that power climb stunt. There is no way it could do that. They were designed to swoop and attack, and had horrible climb speeds, and even worse stall speeds.
Feb 3, 2019 6:45 PM

Dec 2009
Lol. Well this show is pretty relaxing to watch. No mega plots, but not repetitive either. Every episode has some aerial engagements, and some other shenanigans. Nothing amazing, but definitely comfortable.

Flair_Noble said:
zunderdog24 said:
I would assume they do it because its cheaper to put recurring 3d characters in 3d models and one-off characters that are only seen a couple of times are in 2d because it is faster and cheaper than creating an entirely new model.
Because it's cheaper and far easier for the aerial scenes, keeping them in the cockpits during flights, without the hassle of trying to merge 2d and 3d. The air is where the animation matters more, and it's more jarring and criticized to have them constantly swap between 2d and 3d counterparts for 3d sequences.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Feb 3, 2019 8:26 PM
Jul 2014
The best episode thus far, even though there's (still) no overarching narrative or plot to tie this all together. I don't doubt that the attack on that airstop was by the same group that attacked the airship in the first episode, having to do with whomever Kyrie was chasing down.
Feb 3, 2019 9:26 PM

Jan 2015
First really good episode, in my humble opinion... I really liked the ‘going under cover behind enemy lines’ aspect of it. And the air battle this time was actually engaging, with the enemy faction splitting up and turning on each other. Zara comes across as a tough lady with a passionate, artistic side. All in all, it was absolutely the best one yet.
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
Feb 3, 2019 9:50 PM

Jul 2017
Holy hell Zara has a nice body. Lucky Reona is lucky.

And the scenes in the chasm reminded me of that pod racer game on the N64, so tense. The sound in those sequences was really well done, made me cringe (in a good way). Gotta say, this show is pretty underrated, I don't even give a crap about planes but I'm really enjoying every episode.
Feb 3, 2019 9:58 PM

Sep 2017
Awesome. Looks like we did continue the story from last time. Makes me think we'll be getting into somewhat of a overarching plot. This was a nice conclusion to the whole Raiden thing anyway.

We learned more about Zara and her relationship with Reona. I didn't think it would be only Zara to go undercover, but it's pretty obvious once you think about it since you could fit probably 2 people max in the Raiden and everyone else would need their own plane. The fact that it was Zara did reveal a lot about her past experiences.

Those maneuvers through the tight chasms were pretty awesome.
Feb 4, 2019 3:35 AM

Oct 2007
That flying in the cliffs made me a little nervous. Zara is good at doing infiltration work, she could work as a spy or something similar to that. Anyway, did not expect the artist to be actually a girl - ok, I like her drawing of cute cat. ;)

Did not expect the boss of the group to be a bit of a nice guy too. A happy end I guess, they got back the stolen plane + the boss and his few loyal men who remained won't be doing bad things anymore. :)
Feb 4, 2019 8:44 AM

May 2012
Better than other 3 episode because Zara is hot

Still no good plot.
Feb 4, 2019 1:48 PM

Aug 2014
zunderdog24 said:
Flair_Noble said:

That would be correct, though it doesn't explain why the cast is 3D at some points and 2D at other points, since they are even 3D while interacting with 2D characters at times.. no consistency at all.
Feb 4, 2019 3:45 PM

Aug 2018
The best episode yet. I liked the interactions with the artist girl. I also like the way the crew resigned their positions. That’s the way to keep the boss on his toes.
Feb 4, 2019 4:43 PM

Mar 2014
Ziirf said:
zunderdog24 said:

That would be correct, though it doesn't explain why the cast is 3D at some points and 2D at other points, since they are even 3D while interacting with 2D characters at times.. no consistency at all.

Their clothes. [insert text to make this post longer.]