Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2019 4:18 AM

Oct 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was fun.

If someone told me this is one of those Aikatsu episodes where they go to space or meet vampires, I might have believed it - it didn't feel that much as Precure episode but it's not a bad thing.

I'm going to say it might take a while to get used to Hikaru's voice, it is slightly irritating. Lala on the other side is a delight.
I think they did something with visuals, there is something weird but in a good sense. It feel less like modern show to be honest. I love color design thou.

Fight was okay, it's not that important part to me to be fair but I love transformation singing. Not sure if it was done before but at this point I enjoy (and after episode 10 will probably start skipping those).

So very strong start, it does seem to go in different direction than Hugtto but I look forward to where it will land.
Feb 3, 2019 6:40 AM
Jun 2011
Dalek-baka said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was fun.

If someone told me this is one of those Aikatsu episodes where they go to space or meet vampires, I might have believed it - it didn't feel that much as Precure episode but it's not a bad thing.

I'm going to say it might take a while to get used to Hikaru's voice, it is slightly irritating. Lala on the other side is a delight.
I think they did something with visuals, there is something weird but in a good sense. It feel less like modern show to be honest. I love color design thou.

Fight was okay, it's not that important part to me to be fair but I love transformation singing. Not sure if it was done before but at this point I enjoy (and after episode 10 will probably start skipping those).

So very strong start, it does seem to go in different direction than Hugtto but I look forward to where it will land.
the most weird thing is that we don't have monster of the week even in the first episode in previous seasons we seen it. it never happened before
Feb 3, 2019 7:57 AM

Oct 2011
elior1 said:
the most weird thing is that we don't have monster of the week even in the first episode in previous seasons we seen it. it never happened before
I wouldn't mind if they made less of those or even abandoned it altogether - some episodes of Hugtto suffered from having MotW being crammed where there was really no need for it.

But was it first time... Kirakira? Didn't they fight with some critters at the begining?
Feb 3, 2019 10:53 AM

Nov 2014
As I suspected, this is gonna be a very odd season of Precure, not that it's a bad thing.

Personally digging Cure Star at this point, I just love how down she is for whatever's coming. Quirkiness and recklessness are two musts for a pink Cure imho, and she's smashing both of those criterion fully. Already liking her more than Yell, and while Star's voice could take some getting used to, it's not nearly as grating as Yell. Cure Milky looks like she could run away with 'best girl' status early on, but we'll see how next episode goes.

Absolutely adore the colors and music in this. Super poppy and fun. I was worried this would encroach into sensory overload territory, but their doing a good job of balancing this out so far with some natural accents. Already was spoiled for the singing transformations, but it still got me hype, so looking forward to seeing everyone's.

Fight was pretty meh, but I attribute that mostly to it being in space. Hard to really get the stage blocking down without a solid ground. Luckily, looks like most of the fightings gonna happen on Earth, so hopefully they can get into more of a groove next episode.

Overall, I've got some higher hopes for this season. Really think they'll shake up the ol' Precure formula, though probably not as much as Mahoutsukai did.
If I had to describe this episode in one word, it'd be "Fun" and in the end, that's really all I need from a great Precure season.
Feb 3, 2019 12:01 PM

Jul 2015
aaaaaaaaa Lala is so freaking adorable, god tier character design.

Super charming first episode! I really like space as well so I can totally relate to Hikaru's feelings, so many awesome experiences in one day! The introduction to her character and the setting were very nicely done.

Both mascots look very promising, Fuwa is soooo cute, and Prunce looks like it should be the type of Harry or Tarte from Hugtto and Fresh respectively, my two favs of the franchise so far, laughed a good amount with him, same for Lala's reactions.

The transformation scene with Hikaru singing is awesome, the action scene was a lot of fun (space bowling ftw!) and for even extra points, Kappard's VA is Hosoya Yoshimasa, one of my favorites.

Can't wait to listen more to the OP and ED, both looked very good! Papipepupepopapo Romantic~
Feb 3, 2019 12:18 PM

Jul 2009
So I watched this with my sister. Been a long ass time since I last watched a Precure(Happiness). Yeah, it's a bit different than your average Precure. Throwing in Alien concept + Mahou Shoujo Precure.

Anyways, I'm definitely looking forward to more episodes!!
Feb 3, 2019 3:32 PM

Feb 2013
SomaHeir said:
So I watched this with my sister. Been a long ass time since I last watched a Precure(Happiness). Yeah, it's a bit different than your average Precure. Throwing in Alien concept + Mahou Shoujo Precure.

Anyways, I'm definitely looking forward to more episodes!!

Give a look to Hugtto precure that came before this one, it's one of the best of the series.
Feb 3, 2019 3:35 PM

Aug 2018
It's still pretty recent that I started to watch Precure, and I still have a ton of catching up to do, but a pretty enjoyable first episode. Reminded me quite a bit of the first episode Mahoutsukai.
Other than that, I really enjoyed the song for the transformation scene, I hope each Cure has her own one.
Lala is already far too cute~
Feb 3, 2019 4:19 PM

Dec 2010
caio_brb said:
Give a look to Hugtto precure that came before this one, it's one of the best of the series.

Tastes are really different, I guess. Hugtto is one of the worst for me.

Osakabe said:
It's still pretty recent that I started to watch Precure, and I still have a ton of catching up to do, but a pretty enjoyable first episode. Reminded me quite a bit of the first episode Mahoutsukai.
Other than that, I really enjoyed the song for the transformation scene, I hope each Cure has her own one.
Lala is already far too cute~

It reminded me about Mahoutsukai too, and that's awesome.
Feb 3, 2019 4:26 PM

Mar 2014
Didn't really liked it, mostly because of the main character... She's too much of an airhead for me.

Oh, the ending is really good tho.
Kaidu-Feb 3, 2019 4:34 PM
Feb 4, 2019 2:40 AM

Apr 2011
caio_brb said:

Is it? I don't remember where I forgot about it but I'm forever haunted by the amazing animation of a scene with Yell fighting one of the early Oshimaida and cheering Homare on. So good.

As for this episode I don't have much to say other than cute. And it seems like I was the only one who didn't like the song in the transformation? If it's a one-off thing it isn't so bad but if it's every time then it's gonna get old quickly.
Feb 4, 2019 2:26 PM
Dec 2015
I reallyyyy liked this first episode, I love the whole space vibe and aesthetic! And the ending theme is probably one of my favorite precure ending themes now.

Overall I really can't wait for more!!!!!
Feb 4, 2019 2:41 PM

Apr 2018
The first episode was honestly super cute. Didn't really like the singing that went with Cure Star's transformation, but everything else was pretty fun. I also liked the ED theme, has a nice disco feel to it
Feb 4, 2019 3:17 PM
Jul 2015
I feel so open minded about what they can do for this season. It's unbelievably cute, Hikaru's voice does take time getting used to, Fuwa and Prunce are cute in their own right, Lala is the most adorable girl in this season so far, the additional singing in the transformation scenes are great though they may seem long, and has physical fights. I think this is when the new stuff will be executed properly, and hopefully the characters will have their own episodes.
Luigithemetal64Feb 4, 2019 7:58 PM
Feb 4, 2019 6:15 PM

Aug 2007
Nice episode. So, Hikaru's notebook is magical or something? i mean, shr draw Fuwa and because magic the fairy appear.

Like the Ed and the transformation sequence. They were cute.
Feb 5, 2019 5:41 AM

Oct 2007
Ok, that was a good enough start. And the Symphogear singing at the transformation surprised me in a nice way. :)

Liddo-kunFeb 5, 2019 7:46 AM
Feb 5, 2019 12:55 PM

Dec 2018
This is my third try to like a Precure series. The first was the netflix dub of glitter force/smile precure i think it was? then it was hug tto. I didn't like either of their first episodes, with the oblivious first fight and the flighty main characters, but somehow, even though I went in completely expecting to hate star twinkle precure, I couldn't.

Sure, I'd probably keep the volume lower than normal because of the squealing voices, but it actually kept my attention because the main character wasn't a total klutz. She was ready to punch and kick people as soon as she got used to her star boost (or whatever the show will actually call it).

I loved the animation when they were in space. I have no idea how to explain it, but it just looked different and smooth. I probably missed a ton of references to more popular magical girl shows that I never watch, but I actually enjoyed this!!

EDIT: oh, and I loved the ED!! Though Milky's super-puffy bloomers looked really awkward...

EDIT 2: Oh, and I just recently watch Saiki K, so her grandpa's design just struck me as similar to Saiki's tsundere grandpa, haha
Another_ZHODYFeb 5, 2019 4:37 PM
Feb 5, 2019 1:31 PM
Jul 2018
This is the weirdest first Precure episode ever. I knew what I was going to get but at the same time I didn't.

Hikaru's voice is annoying, hope I'll get used to it. My eyes aren't used to seeing colors so saturated in anime, but it's a nice touch and I like the character design and animation. This season will have a very unique feel to it.
Feb 5, 2019 1:36 PM

Jun 2012
Jesus, Hikaru's voice is horrendous. I don't know if I'll get used to that lol.
Otherwise I did like certain aspects of this episode like the shout-out to Smile and Happiness Charge. The villains feel a bit kiddie though so it feels like it might follow the same route as Smile did.
Feb 5, 2019 5:47 PM

May 2018
Well this going to be fun!
This is the first time I'll be watching Precure as it airs (the others I watched they're completed, and i catched up to Huggto)
So far really liked this ep.
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Feb 5, 2019 9:55 PM
Jun 2011
Another_ZHODY said:
This is my third try to like a Precure series. The first was the netflix dub of glitter force/smile precure i think it was? then it was hug tto. I didn't like either of their first episodes, with the oblivious first fight and the flighty main characters, but somehow, even though I went in completely expecting to hate star twinkle precure, I couldn't.

Sure, I'd probably keep the volume lower than normal because of the squealing voices, but it actually kept my attention because the main character wasn't a total klutz. She was ready to punch and kick people as soon as she got used to her star boost (or whatever the show will actually call it).

I loved the animation when they were in space. I have no idea how to explain it, but it just looked different and smooth. I probably missed a ton of references to more popular magical girl shows that I never watch, but I actually enjoyed this!!

EDIT: oh, and I loved the ED!! Though Milky's super-puffy bloomers looked really awkward...

EDIT 2: Oh, and I just recently watch Saiki K, so her grandpa's design just struck me as similar to Saiki's tsundere grandpa, haha
actully it feels to me a bit like smile precure with the funny moments
Feb 5, 2019 9:55 PM
Jun 2011
adrian_and_sela said:
Otherwise I did like certain aspects of this episode like the shout-out to Smile and Happiness Charge. The villains feel a bit kiddie though so it feels like it might follow the same route as Smile did.
i felt the first villain was not kiddie as some of smile villains but that just my opinion
Feb 5, 2019 11:48 PM

Dec 2018
elior1 said:
Another_ZHODY said:

actully it feels to me a bit like smile precure with the funny moments

I only watched the first episode of netflix's dub, and that was years ago, so I have no idea.
Feb 6, 2019 5:21 AM

Apr 2013
It has everything that I love. Magical girls, in space, with aliens. But yet it feels weird, because it doesn't really feel like a Precure series. Especially with the lack of monster of the week, and the fact that it is... Less down to earth (lol) than before ? ... Well, Mahoutsukai did that, too.

I like the dynamism of the fights so far, and I'm glad they kept the punches.

I'm not fond of the chara design, especially of the villain of the moment... I feel like we're coming back to futari wa's villains lol
I'm also not fond of the MC and the main mascot.

But so far, I liked it ! The OP is fantastic, I like Lala and the other mascot. And seriously, it's aesthetic as fuck. I love the atmosphere of the show.

I'm curious to see where it is going.
Feb 6, 2019 1:36 PM

Jun 2014
Not one thing good about this episode. Awful cast and 100% downgrade from Hugtto.
Feb 7, 2019 5:51 AM
Jun 2011
Kagami said:
Not one thing good about this episode. Awful cast and 100% downgrade from Hugtto.
disagree I only don't like the voice of hikaru. lala is fine and the villain voice is fine as well
Feb 9, 2019 12:07 PM

Oct 2007
I thought this was adorable and I can't wait for more!
Feb 10, 2019 11:40 AM

Mar 2017
I remembered just in time to finally pick up a PreCure series when it starts airing! I only watched a bit of Heartcatch before, but even though I like Mahou Shoujo, they burn me out really fast... probably because they are really formulaic. So I hope that the weekly airings will help, so that I don't grow tired of it, and I will stay invested.

So far Star Twinkle looks amazing, it is really colorful and cute, which I absolutely adore! It has the right mix of sweet and spastic that tickles my brain. And as a big fan of space / sci-fi and aliens, I couldn't have picked a better season to start watching PreCure it seems! As a fan of classic Star Trek, I very much enjoyed the clobbering of some bad guys in outer space. And the Star Wars rip-off moment was funny, too! The only annoyance I'd say is Fuwa's screeching... it's pretty grating to my ears. But I love the main heroine, everyone's design, and even how the spaceships have the classic, silly designs.

This might be the perfect pick for me. And if I end up liking it, I might finally find the motivation to pick up older PreCures again. Though I still need to finish Sailor Moon, Cardcaptor Sakura (though I've read the manga), and tons of others... I always wanted to check out DoReMi again, too. I've watched a few episodes when I was a kid and remember being fascinated. But my mom said it was for girls and guilt-tripped me into never watching it again...

Looking forward to more! This series might be the birth of a new PreCure fan. :P

/edit: Btw, I find Hikaru's voice to be perfectly fine. It was only Fuwa who was annoying to me, but many mascots / familiars are, so whatever. I can't really compare it to earlier seasons though... oh, and I forgot, she is creative, likes drawing, and is fascinated by space! I feel like I can really connect to her, I feel the same way. She is super relatable.
Leigh39Feb 10, 2019 11:43 AM
Feb 10, 2019 1:12 PM
Jul 2015
cptlee39 said:
I feel like I can really connect to her, I feel the same way. She is super relatable.

Relatable characters are OK, but most of the time they are created just for the sake of it for the viewers. I care more about characters who can actually develop, grow, do stuff, or anything to help themselves, other characters, and the story. I like Hikaru too, and I don't act like her.
Luigithemetal64Feb 10, 2019 8:54 PM
Feb 10, 2019 2:08 PM

Apr 2011
cptlee39 said:

/edit: Btw, I find Hikaru's voice to be perfectly fine. It was only Fuwa who was annoying to me, but many mascots / familiars are, so whatever. I can't really compare it to earlier seasons though... oh, and I forgot, she is creative, likes drawing, and is fascinated by space! I feel like I can really connect to her, I feel the same way. She is super relatable.

I laughed so hard at the doughnut scene. Especially Fuwa's joyous little screech at the end. Too relatable xD
Feb 10, 2019 5:22 PM

Oct 2011
holy, this season had great start.

after Hugtto, i thought the space theme was gonna be really odd for the series, but they managed to get it right the first episode, cant wait for more.

all girls have amazing desing casual/precure desings.
OP is amazing and a personal favorite now

as usual i hate the baby fairies, but Puruns is ok.

adrian_and_sela said:

i can agree with Hikaru having a quite annoying voice.
but i think Kappard is one of the most aggressive first villians in precure, fought with no monster and used lightsaber.
Feb 11, 2019 9:48 AM

Mar 2017
Luigithemetal64 said:
cptlee39 said:
I feel like I can really connect to her, I feel the same way. She is super relatable.

Relatable characters are OK, but most of the time they are created just for the sake of it for the viewers. I care more about characters who can actually develop, grow, do stuff, or anything to help themselves, other characters, and the story. I like Hikaru too, and I don't act like her.

I don't see how it's a bad thing, that the creators purposely create relatable characters, but I do agree that I like characters who can develop and grow and undergo trials and changes. I also don't act like Hikaru... I am not an energetic little girl after all. But I just thought it was cool that my first venture into the Precure franchise has a character with such similar interests and hobbies.

What you wrote kind of implies that you don't think she will change at all, or that she's a badly designed character. I don't think any such judgement can be made just from this one, first episode. It was really just a textbook introduction, nothing more and nothing less.
Feb 12, 2019 10:56 PM

Apr 2014
To me it felt like a weak start, plot wise. Hikaru draws a constellation she saw in the sky and it births a fluffy alien then she grets transported to space to meet more aliens.

I wish there could be more backstory of what Hikaru likes about space/stars, similar to why Ichika loved to bake. I know backstories just follow up later when main protagonists learn about each other but it'd be nice to give a good base or else non-precure watchers would turn away at the glimpse of it.

Anyway, just from the opening, the charaters remind me alot of Sailor Moon.

I agree that Hikaru's voice is very weird. I get bubbly, but it shouldn't have to sound this annoying. But life's so depressing, I strive to sound happy like a animated magical girl's voice.
Mar 4, 2019 10:23 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
Gave me Happiness Charge/Mahou Tsukai vibes. I like the space theme, it was expected to appear in Precure anyway. I hope the villains here have meaningful motivations like in Hugtto, unlike some random reason.
Mar 8, 2019 11:13 PM

Mar 2017
First time trying the Precure series. I figured I would try some magical girl out. Personally, I haven't dabbled into the genre much beside Sailor Moon. I've also tried Tokyo Mew Mew and Shugo Chara, but didn't really end up getting into them.

So far? It's a little too eccentric, and the plot establishment was quick and brief, but almost a bit too brief. It generally seems very generic in this regard as a good guy vs bad guy scenario. I'm hoping the plot develops within the next few episodes.

I do, however, love the art style and colors! While I could do with a little less singing (mostly just Hikaru's awful high pitched voice), I can really admire the direction they're taking it.
Mar 18, 2019 11:00 PM

Aug 2014
why does it start all space themed but then go the generic pink princess crap..
May 17, 2019 2:46 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I haven't really had the chance to delve into Precure. Actually, my first encounter with it was Futari wa Precure (very little) and I never touched the franchise again-- not really because I didn't want to, but because it wasn't on the top of my list. So here I am, watching the latest, and I'm wondering how it'll go!

Visually, this show's a fun ride. Everything seems so bright yet bold, sweet and... girly. Admittedly, that's not my usual style-- I mean, I'll do pastel but not 90's Taco Bell. If you know what I mean. But the colors are just a little brighter and just a little more vibrant, so I can deal. It's pretty-ish.

As for everything else, admittedly, I dunno if I'm too interested. I guess I'll just stick it out for the 50 or whatever episodes. But have high hopes?? Hopefully it's a nice show!!

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
May 29, 2019 5:22 PM
Apr 2017
Extremely impressive and awesome, without a single doubt! Still doesn't beat Hugtto so far, but hey, awesome!
Jun 13, 2019 5:49 PM

Nov 2012
FUWA IS NOT AN ITEM!!! but you CAN get her likeness as 100 adorable plush toys later this year!

This is looking to be a good season, and I'm not just saying that because I love space! We already have an idea of an overarching plot and the animation is gorgeous!
Oct 6, 2019 5:16 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
This is so cool, the colors are beautiful !
I think I will love it
Jul 4, 2021 4:10 AM

Feb 2020
That was a good start. I love aliens, space, sci-fi technology, and everything related to these subjects, so I'm pretty sure this is going to be a nice ride. :)

Hikaru, Lala, and the mascots are cute, especially Fuwa.

This time they are singing during their transformations? I think it's cool. That gave me some Symphogear vibes.

Kappard's double-bladed lightsaber was cool.
"I want to believe."

SerafosJan 2, 2023 4:27 AM
Oct 31, 2021 6:22 PM

Nov 2012
Restarting this, previous attempt watching it I made it 10 eps in before something else caught my interest so I put this on hold.

I thought it's first episode was really good. I kind of been missing the franchise since I haven't seen in it a long while. All the tropical rogue tweets I've been seeing lately made me nostalgic for the franchise.
Dec 17, 2022 11:42 PM

Feb 2013
wow, very different from Hugtto. But that one never clicked with me, so it's a good thing. Fuwa is super cute.
I wonder if all cures will sing during their transformations, or maybe we get a group song later.
The twinkle book clearly reminds me of the linkle smartome.
I'm just a bit said neither lala nor prunce pulled the "take me to your leadder" number XD
<-click
Jan 3, 2023 1:19 AM

Feb 2020
Re-watching this. Star☆Twinkle is my favorite PreCure season besides Mahou Tsukai and Tropical-Rouge! This and Mahou Tsukai are the most unique seasons compared to the others, which is the biggest reason why I like them so much.

Anyway, I don't remember most of the details anymore, so it's time to refresh my memory. Here we go again!

Nice first episode. Hikaru got to know with Fuwa, Lala, and Puruns. Those four are all cute. Lala and Fuwa are especially adorable. :)

Cure Star's transformation looks pretty. I also like that this time the Cures actually sing during their transformations sequences.

The first fight is over and Cure Star was victorious. Well done!

Also, Kappard has a pretty fun character design.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Star☆Twinkle Precure Episode 48 Discussion

Ashhk - Jan 19, 2020

12 by Cozye »»
Mar 27, 3:59 PM

Poll: » Star☆Twinkle Precure Episode 41 Discussion

Ashhk - Nov 24, 2019

12 by Cozye »»
Mar 27, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Star☆Twinkle Precure Episode 16 Discussion

aria__chan - May 18, 2019

14 by Cozye »»
Feb 29, 5:34 AM

Poll: » Star☆Twinkle Precure Episode 7 Discussion

DreamingBeats - Mar 16, 2019

14 by kyuamomo »»
Dec 2, 2023 6:04 PM

Poll: » Star☆Twinkle Precure Episode 36 Discussion

Nemesis_Ranka - Oct 13, 2019

13 by SuzuhRevv »»
Sep 11, 2023 2:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.