Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 2, 2019 6:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Haha, Chika with the rap. So priceless. We also got cat ears this episode that made it even more adorable.

Really glad to see more of Hayasaka this episode. Kaguya also looks great with her hair down. That phone conversation is also gold. They nailed with the character expressions and mannerisms. We even got the French dialogues from the manga :D
Feb 2, 2019 6:59 AM

Apr 2015
This has to be my favorite episode, all of the chapters adapted are gold.

Chika's rap is just priceless and they even adapted the extra part of chapter 20.

They got creative with the French part and it looks like they are sticking to 3 chapters next week instead of 4.
MxxxstationFeb 2, 2019 7:07 AM
Feb 2, 2019 8:06 AM
Oct 2015
They skipped the origami part, well its fine..and KOGA AOI SAVED ANIME. Best episode
Feb 2, 2019 8:24 AM

Oct 2018
Nearly choked on my drink at the rapping part. Good job A-1!
Feb 2, 2019 8:25 AM

Dec 2017
the voice acting in the first bit was superb, that fucking "CUTE" scream. lmao
and again Chika is banging with some dance moves and rapping, hehe
also, the last bit went better than i expected. any French people to translate the insults?

man, this show is rocking hard. best romcom of the season for ya
Feb 2, 2019 8:29 AM

Dec 2014
Yet another fantastic episode, this show just keeps one upping itself.

Kinda wish that cat ear photo was taken. :P

That Chika rap came out of nowhere, made me laugh so much. I'm sure the staff are having so much fun with her character, animating all this stuff. XD
The game was incredible, Chika is OP as hell. She got both of em. XD

Kaguya trying to text/call Miyuki was so adorable. I do wish she had her hair down more. <3

Hahaha, I loved the fact that both Kaguya and Chika could speak French but Miyuki couldn't. Kaguya going ham on that other girl who was trying to insult Miyuki was pure gold. I do kinda wish we had subtitles for all the french bits.
Heartwarming ending to the episode. :)

Kaguya and Chika are just so lovable and Miyuki is great too. <3
Feb 2, 2019 8:38 AM

Jan 2018
When are they going to show those ch with Fujiwara maternal love for President?
Feb 2, 2019 8:46 AM

Aug 2013
Chika's rap was funny to watch.

It was funny how both Miyuki and Kaguya found each other to be cute. lol cat ears are dangerous.

It's also funny how Miyuki didn't know French so all that insult against had no effect.

Feb 2, 2019 8:47 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
This episode had it all. Fujiwara rapping, french insults, nekonimi and the incomparable Hayasaka. 5 stars.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 2, 2019 8:47 AM

Apr 2016
Top 10 anime rap battles.
Feb 2, 2019 8:54 AM

Jul 2012
Amazing episode, haven't laughed like that for a while, and well it was for this manga!!!
The part with the game and rap!!! Fujiwara destroyed them ... yo! Kaguya's reaction on the betrayal ... =/ And Shirogane who went sentimental for Fujiwara's situation! Chika that was brutal!!!

Based Hayasaka <3

Oui ... Oui ... Oui ...
And seemed like perfect french overall.
Fantastic episode and just a collection for gifs!
Feb 2, 2019 9:09 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Looks like A-1 Pictures are really considering our, the viewer’s, opinions by dropping the intro. I honestly found it to be very interesting though, especially last episode’s speed up, but well it’s oroabbly for the best.

Great episode nevertheless, although it certainly felt like this episode was a little fast-paced compared to all the previous ones so far! Starting off with the Cat Ears, xD, they sure are terrifying, aren’t they? Shirogane and Shinomiya’s facial expressions to burn the sight into their memories was hilarious, and lol they brushed it aside thinking they were possessed. Chika’s spit fire comment on Shirogane, ‘pointless!’, was cho-very hilarious! In the second segment, Chika really showed off her talent there. Damn, she managed to outwit both the President and Kaguya effortlessly like that, props to her. Got to say though, I really felt sad for her there. Dat rap though, I snorted from the very moment it played and couldn’t stop laughing. Ah, good laughter.
Moving on, we got to see more of Kaguya’s maid in the third segment and her straight-forwardness is a treat to have! Lol, she was literally pushing Kaguya off the cliff there and probably did so by calling Shirogane. What a fail though, Shirogane’s father picking up. Lol, just when they finalised on a date and plan, the storm came in between. At least, they’ve crossed the firsts in mail and calling lmao. Finally, we got to see the Party with the French. Kaguya replying back and then Shirogane’s helpless expression there was on-point lol. Even Chika can speak French, xD, poor Shirogane. Lol, the slang barrage at him proving to be completely useless was hilarious. Kaguya stepping once for him and bashing the heck out of the girl was glorious to see! Final scenes were very heartwarming to see too. Did she say those final missing words in English though, I feel like she said something along the lines of “I love ..”?

Looking forward to seeing the next episode!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 2, 2019 9:10 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Shirogane's "KAWAIIIIIII" screams had me weak, lol. Fujiwara's rapping skills 👌

Hearing Koyasu as Daddy Shirogane had me smiling way too hard. If the series gets more seasons, I can't wait to see his chapters getting adapted.

The french segment works better with those gibberish symbols used in the manga, but there's no way they could've implemented that in the anime. The episode did a good job in handling that chapter, regardless.

Still no Ishigami in the next episode, #feelsbadman
Feb 2, 2019 9:13 AM

May 2017
For me that was the funniest episode yet :D
Especially those cat ears! xD
Feb 2, 2019 9:13 AM

Mar 2016
uninstallthegame said:
also, the last bit went better than i expected. any French people to translate the insults?

Unfortunately insults in French do not mean anything at all the voice of the Japanese commentator completely cover the French voice :O But otherwise the rest is good French it is not difficult to understand for a French .
Feb 2, 2019 9:15 AM

Nov 2012

I''m dead XD
(30 characters limit blah blah)
Feb 2, 2019 9:16 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Another great episode, I was worried about how would they handle the French chapter but I am pretty satisfied with this.

5/5
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Shirogane's "KAWAIIIIIII" screams had me weak, lol. Fujiwara's rapping skills 👌

Hearing Koyasu as Daddy Shirogane had me smiling way too hard. If the series gets more seasons, I can't wait to see his chapters getting adapted.

The french segment works better with those gibberish symbols used in the manga, but there's no way they could've implemented that in the anime. The episode did a good job in handling that chapter, regardless.

Still no Ishigami in the next episode, #feelsbadman
Not going to appear even in the next episode.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Feb 2, 2019 9:24 AM

Jul 2016
Great episode, love the 1st,2nd,3rd, and 4th parts. I laughed too hard in this episode. The french chapter is adapted and its so good. The cameo of papa Shirogane, and the rapping Chika is hilarious. Best episode yet.

Feb 2, 2019 9:27 AM
Jan 2019
I love how in addition to the mind games and straight-forward infatuation, we saw genuine development of feelings between these two. That last scene was really cute.
Feb 2, 2019 9:31 AM
Sep 2011
In the manga, didn't Shirogane have dog ears? Or was that actually another chapter I'm remembering?

Loved the episode! I lost it when Shirogane imagined Kaguya saying "o kawaii koto..." in French!
Feb 2, 2019 9:32 AM

Jul 2016
lmao Chika is hilarious Yo! Yo! Yo! Chika Chika Yo Yo!

That French Scene tho lol
Feb 2, 2019 9:35 AM

Dec 2013
Best episode so far.
I fucking died!!

That French lol.
Feb 2, 2019 9:39 AM

Jun 2015
I loved this episode. It is nice seeing Hayasaka.
:)
Feb 2, 2019 9:40 AM

Jul 2013
Shirogane's dad won the episode for me.
Feb 2, 2019 9:46 AM
Jul 2018
That French part wasn't funny at all but cringey(Chika's rap was even worse, should have sticked to ED instead) otherwise an alright episode. 3/5
Feb 2, 2019 9:49 AM

Nov 2007
OMG! When Takasugi Shinsuke (Papa Shirogane) responded from the other side of the phone I almost fainted! Also, I got to hear Oono Akira's (Imouto Shirogane - Kei) voice for the first time! That felt so pleasant! Cannot wait to hear her voice more!

With all the jokes and Fujiwara having a field day with her game, we also got to see the nicer sides of both Kaguya and her President. Those small seemingly mundane acts of kindness added up to bring them where they are right now. :)

Yeah, we all know that you don't love your president.

The episode also touched upon Kaguya's past. I really liked the foreshadowing they kept which was bonus part of the chapter in the manga. I don't want Kaguya to ever become the Kaguya of the past. The current Kaguya must be protected at all cost!

The best thing about this story is that it happens many months after Kaguya's first few interactions with her President. The more they will be touched upon, the more we will be able to compare and get to understand and admire the adorable thing that she has become.

I wonder what she could have said. Hmm...

The French arc adaptation has been an embodiment of perfection.

9/5.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 2, 2019 9:50 AM
Jul 2017
i feel so bad for shirogane waiting in the rain and the endings in this show are getting better and better
Feb 2, 2019 9:52 AM

Mar 2016
Guys, can we seriously petition for Chika to sign up for a professional hip-hop record label, please?? Or at least get her to be a DJ or something?
Feb 2, 2019 9:59 AM

Jul 2017
I didn't grasp 75% of what they said in french, and I am french. That's a bit scary to encounter my own language and not understand it '-'
A french otaku. Not a surrender baguette.
Feb 2, 2019 10:08 AM
Nov 2018
It's really well done, perfect
Feb 2, 2019 10:12 AM
Nov 2018
Hutrix said:
I didn't grasp 75% of what they said in french, and I am french. That's a bit scary to encounter my own language and not understand it '-'

Same , i did understand at the beggining but when thé girl started talking to the president i couldn't understand a word
Feb 2, 2019 10:17 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Cat ears and Kaguya huh. I think that will be quite the marriage. Kaguya's reaction to seeing Miyuki in cat ears was hillarious. Though her smile sure was creepy. Fujiwara dancing sure was fun to watch. But she sure fooled Kaguya with her bluff. If Kaguya's maid's attitude really contrasts her master really well. Being put through to Miyuki's father must have been quite the shock for Kaguya. But her reaction to that call sure was cute. Glad they nailed the various expressions there. Fujiwara though certainly is full of surprises. The party sure presented quite the unique problems for them though. Love the ending visuals.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 2, 2019 10:23 AM
a car

Jun 2017
This episode is that moment when you realize that Fujiwara was Best Girl the whole time.
Feb 2, 2019 10:24 AM
May 2017
Legendz-Senpai said:
uninstallthegame said:

Unfortunately insults in French do not mean anything at all the voice of the Japanese commentator completely cover the French voice :O But otherwise the rest is good French it is not difficult to understand for a French .

the bit where Betsy and Kaguya are badmouthing each other is gibberish - it sounds like French in tone and sound, but isn't actually French - just a collection of sounds like sound like French.
Feb 2, 2019 10:25 AM
May 2017
Hutrix said:

French is my third language and I understood everything I was able to hear. the insults skit wasn't in French, it was gibberish made to sound like French.
Feb 2, 2019 10:32 AM

Jan 2017
You thought it was Shirogane's father, but it was I, Dio!
*laughs in Dimple*
Feb 2, 2019 10:36 AM

Sep 2014
I decided to give this series a try on a whim... and contrary to my expectations, it has easily become my favorite anime of the season. These episodes feel way too short, 20 minutes is simply not enough.
Feb 2, 2019 10:36 AM

Jan 2017
God tier episode, I would give it 10/5!
Feb 2, 2019 10:37 AM

May 2018
LOL fun episode, so far a very solid romcom. I loved the jealous and wild Kaguya.

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Feb 2, 2019 10:48 AM

Oct 2018
Great episode. This show keeps a smile on my face from beginning to end
Feb 2, 2019 10:57 AM
Sep 2018
KAWAEEEEEEE!!!!
-Miyuki Shirogane,2019

(Btw,I really like the seiyuu for him)
Feb 2, 2019 11:05 AM

Feb 2014
Fujiwara Chika is definitely the best girl.👍
So the ED is back to old routine and it kinda portrays The Pilot's Love Song theme.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Feb 2, 2019 11:08 AM

May 2018
Chika's rap was just priceless, yo, I wonfer if she was just playing both Shinomiya and Shriogane with her bluff form that forbidden word game, yo?????
Feb 2, 2019 11:23 AM
Aug 2018
I love this show.

The plot of this episode was especially hilarious. The French part was just gold.

Part of the reason is that as a French speaker, I even tried to understand what they were trying to say at the beginning. Well, I failed miserably when I realized that they were just speaking gibberish (or just French accented so badly I can’t even I can’t understand) and just laughed.

To be honest, I would like to see more of this in other animes.
Feb 2, 2019 11:24 AM

Jul 2015
Damn, Chika is the only person who could defeat Shaggy.
Truly force to be reckoned with.

Feb 2, 2019 11:24 AM

Jan 2015
Yeah this was the best episode, not like the previous ones were that good but yeah, I liked this episode

Chika >>>> everyone else
Feb 2, 2019 11:26 AM

Aug 2007
The french girl, Betsy, was voiced by Amaki Sally.
https://twitter.com/sally_amaki/status/1091713385706643456?s=21
Feb 2, 2019 11:31 AM

Dec 2015
Am I just missing something or are the Crunchyroll subs complete gibberish in the intro scene? What he's saying makes zero sense.

"Cat ears are your time, Fujiwara, as to Shinomiya is me. In other words, the time you brought was originally Shinomiya and cat ears alone."

That is the worst fucking English I have ever read in my life.

The rest of the episode was amazing though.
Feb 2, 2019 11:33 AM

Nov 2007
Natsuki_Hyundai said:
This episode is that moment when you realize that Fujiwara was Best Mom the whole time.

Corrected for you for the fact that she is indeed the Best Mom. :P
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 2, 2019 11:34 AM

Jan 2013
Woohoo! Sally's (anime semi) debut!

PS: Would be even cooler if Sally was speaking (or flexing her) Spanish instead
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2019

384 by sukinhos »»
Apr 20, 9:15 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2019

296 by Intter »»
Apr 14, 11:26 AM

» Misattribution of arousal

egosumjohn - Apr 7

11 by Aruhaya »»
Apr 14, 11:13 AM

» I laugh as hard in this series as gintama 🤣

Jannie7 - Mar 31

38 by xDemi »»
Apr 1, 11:38 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2019

246 by DevilsMayMew »»
Apr 1, 1:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.