Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 4, 2019 4:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
We got 2 episodes back to back! Oh boy, we're getting some of the darker and supernatural stuff now too.

One thing is not to mess with Kirima and another is never to go into some dark room without expecting what's ahead. Quite unpredictable in terms of some of the characters' actions. The feeling of fear and anxiety continues to develop. I'm also curious to see how much Boogiepop will discover about the nature of human emotions.

Also want to mention that the OST works really well for the episode.
Jan 4, 2019 5:13 AM
Dec 2012
Where did you find the episodes? I haven't seen it anywhere?
Jan 4, 2019 5:23 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
maryarin said:

Another 30 or so minutes from now and it’ll be available in Crunchyroll, unless there’s no delay of course.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 4, 2019 6:05 AM

Sep 2014
Welp dat got dark....

Kirima should calm down a bit, nearly broke dat poor girl's arm

Wonder what dat Echoe guy gonna do next...can't wait

Jan 4, 2019 7:00 AM

Oct 2018
Really entertaining and interesting, need more.
Jan 4, 2019 7:07 AM
Mar 2018
This show is interesting so far, hope they release another 2 episode next week.
Jan 4, 2019 7:09 AM

Aug 2018
maryarin said:

Crunchyroll.

Bonchoooon said:

Nope, one episode next week (and other weeks too).

Anyway, this anime is very interesting.
Jan 4, 2019 7:12 AM

Oct 2015
i am kinda disappointed of how awful the animation was for a premier episodes, and that coming for madhouse studio
Jan 4, 2019 7:17 AM

Feb 2015
Having a bit of trouble telling some of the characters apart at the moment- it might just be because so many got introduced all at once, but I'm not sure the designs are distinct enough either. It took me a bit to realize the brown-haired guy helping the manticore was not the same brown-haired guy who talked to Boogiepop.

...I gotta learn some names too.

Otherwise, it was pretty intriguing. It's got an awesome soundtrack, for sure. I'm a little worried about the animation, but it wasn't bad enough to put me off entirely if the story continues to pull me in.
Jan 4, 2019 7:21 AM

Nov 2016
Oh well, rip Naoko.

One thing that I prefer in this new adaptation is that it is less confusing compared to the 2000 series. Admittedly, it wasn't necessary to spoonfeed us so many infos right from the beginning, but it's better than being lost almost all the time.

The atmosphere on the other hand was way better in the older series. The tone here isn't bad, even kinda good, but nothing compared to how extremely intense the other one felt.

I'm still satisfied overall, let's see how it goes.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 4, 2019 7:33 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This got real so freaking fast and I love it

For starters, the guy working with the Man-Eater is one messed up dude and even though I despise the fact that he's the mastermind behind all this, I'm very intrigued to learn more about him and see just how much more twisted he can become

Nagi is a badass and I can already tell that she's probably gonna be my favorite character lol but man I REALLY wanna know more about her. It's pretty cool how her dad is like a famous serial killer/horror novelist so naturally a mystery like this would be right up her alley since she probably studied her dad's work a lot but I really wanna know where she's getting her physical capabilities from

I had a feeling that Keiji's friend was dead, but I still was holding on to hope that she was gonna be one of those girls that Team Man-Eater was keeping alive, so seeing how she died made me sad since she seemed like a pretty cool girl....And seeing her short time with Echoes only confirmed that she was too....Man I wish that she could have stayed alive, because her relationship with Nagi and Echoes would have been fun to see explored further on in the series

And as for Echoes, I did not expect to see that he's an alien sent to observe humanity....And of course the fucking government are gonna be the ones to fuck everything up and be responsible for this Man-Eater situation....Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing where his character is going to go and how he, Nagi and I'm guessing Keiji and Boogiebop will deal with all this stuff

But overall, this episode was great and I'm especially loving the tone and soundtrack....The horror aspects are done really well too and it really made me realize how much I miss watching a good horror/psychological story, no wonder this series is so beloved and influential towards other LN's

But now I'm left wondering wtf Boogiepop even is and how he came to be so I'm all in with this series now....Can't wait to see more
TokoyaJan 4, 2019 7:39 AM
Jan 4, 2019 7:34 AM

Mar 2018
Interesting. Really interesting. Have no idea what the fuck is going on but it is interesting at least.
Jan 4, 2019 7:35 AM

Dec 2014
Okay yeah, this episode was awesome.

Loving the narrative structure here, it's like we're being presented with different pieces of the story at different points in time that all get pieced together gradually. It creates a really nice mystery to it as well.

I wasn't expecting Naoko to die this early though, I really liked her.

Interesting revelations about Manticore and Echoes but we're still in the dark about how Boogiepop fits into all this. Is he another 'creation' or is he(she?) actually a supernatural force?
I wonder what pulled Saotome towards working with the Manticore though, it's not like she forced him but rather he joined her of his own will. Does he just hate the world or something?

Looking forward to more.
Jan 4, 2019 7:38 AM

Feb 2017
I like sound and the atmosphere. Tough I'm not fan of the visuals, they seem bland to me. It was also hard for me to differentiate between characters.

Story is pretty intriguing so far. There were a lot of characters introduced and a lot of jumps in these two episodes so it was bit confusing and hard to follow. Tough it will probably become clearer as it goes. Definitely interested to see where this is going.
Jan 4, 2019 7:43 AM

Sep 2009
I'm confused over all the time jumping and flashbacking but it was interesting.
Jan 4, 2019 7:52 AM
Aug 2015
It's extremely faithful to the light novel so far. Tbh I miss the dark washed out art of Phantom, but the story does take place before the main event that caused all the messed up stuff in Phantom.
Jan 4, 2019 7:53 AM
Jan 2013
Maybe this remake still episodic like 2000 version.
Jan 4, 2019 7:54 AM
Dec 2018
Bonchoooon said:

So if this happens(2 episode every week then there will be 24 episodes?)
Jan 4, 2019 7:57 AM

Sep 2011
Enjoyed, got to pay attention or you will get confused. So many characters introduced then r.i.p slightly confusing or hard to follow unless as I said you pay attention. Enjoyed it though.
Jan 4, 2019 7:57 AM
Nov 2017
Lots of exposition. I think I’m gonna have to rewatch both episodes again but I still understood a great amount. So far so good. Nothing too exceptional but definitely an anime to keep watching.

This is definitely one of the “anime everyone will be watching this season” type of anime along with Mob Pyscho 100 Season 2, and The Promised Neverland like how Goblin Slayer and Zombieland Saga we’re in Fall 2018.
Jan 4, 2019 7:58 AM
Nov 2017
komic said:
I'm confused over all the time jumping and flashbacking but it was interesting.

Same. It was hard to keep track of when it was the past or the present
Jan 4, 2019 8:03 AM

Sep 2015
Is this rushed or am I just too dumb? I just can't follow.
Jan 4, 2019 8:04 AM

Nov 2014
This is reminding me of Kara no Kyoukai with the protagonist, atmosphere and the shit load of "I don't understand"s.
I love it.
Jan 4, 2019 8:04 AM
Mar 2018
konno_junko said:
Bonchoooon said:

So if this happens(2 episode every week then there will be 24 episodes?)

They said there will be 18 episode on the other forum, and i'm just hoping for them to release another back to back epiosde.
Jan 4, 2019 8:07 AM
Jan 2017
I think Boogiepop is being told in an out of order fashion like Baccano and just like the old Boogiepop series. But I think this kind of narrative is much more interesting and also adds plenty of intrigue to it.
Jan 4, 2019 8:07 AM

Jan 2009
damn this is getting confusing, you have to keep track of the characters and their experiences/scenes lol
Jan 4, 2019 8:08 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Chapterhouse said:
It's extremely faithful to the light novel so far. Tbh I miss the dark washed out art of Phantom, but the story does take place before the main event that caused all the messed up stuff in Phantom.
That is good to hear about the adaptation....But I think I'll watch Phantom after this anime is done just to see what you and everyone else are talking about in regards to it
Jan 4, 2019 8:10 AM

Jan 2009
Roy_Cybertron said:
I think Boogiepop is being told in an out of order fashion like Baccano

yep the story events are told in out or order alright thats why it gets confusing
Jan 4, 2019 8:14 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
What i really needed to grasp is that the copy (Manticore) of Echoes took on the form of the girl, otherwise i would have been lost here about that first meeting of Saotome and what i thought was Echoes.

Otherwise i could figure out that this is intertwining with the events of episode 1, just from another perspective. They are using time jumps really heavily here.

It makes you think more about what's happening here and i'm liking this approach.
Jan 4, 2019 8:19 AM
Feb 2016
Which fansub can i download the ep 2?
Jan 4, 2019 8:20 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Well, the mystery thickens but the lack of distinctive detail given to each of the Characters is really making it hard to distinguish the Characters here making it all the more confusing for me. Seriously though, the theory of an alien coming to Earth to judge the humans or whatsoever and the clone of whoever that was turning out to be a man eater sounds all ridiculous but I’m curious to see how it all play out in the coming episodes. I’ll probably rewatch the two episodes tomorrow morning to gain a better grasp of everything that’s happening.

Can’t say I’m fully hooked into this just yet, but I’m definitely looking forward to seeing how this all unveils.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 4, 2019 8:25 AM
Jan 2017
I don't think it's confusing that much tbh , most of the events can be understood if you are able to piece it together and there's definitely a lot more going on behind the scenes but ya the only thing that I need to keep track of is the names and nothing else.

I mean if you guys are familiar with series like Baccano or enjoyed it , then you would enjoy this kind of approach unless the subject doesn't appeal to you which is totally a different thing. And most of the evens in ep 2 intertwined with ep 1 and they released it altogether so that people doesn't get confused I guess?

I mean if they have to release 18 ep in over the course of 12-13 weeks then I guess they will have to release 2 ep in some weeks and I guess for this kind of story it will be a bit more easier for the viewers if they release multiple episodes.

But I think it's best to binge it because people might forget some details over the span of a week which is crucial to this kind of stories.
Jan 4, 2019 8:28 AM

Apr 2016
shiro_kai said:

The anime is told in a non linear fashion which makes things really confusing
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 4, 2019 8:39 AM
Jan 2018
Just by the first two episodes you can tell this is what inspired monogatari's authour
Jan 4, 2019 8:41 AM

Sep 2015
Elcru said:
shiro_kai said:

It's like they think that going back and forth all the time makes your story more cool. Sometimes is not even flashback but just a skipped scene.
Jan 4, 2019 8:42 AM

Mar 2016
The first episode was interesting, but it was confusing. This episode really made things clear. I am really loving it!! I had to watch the two episodes repeatedly to memorise the faces and the timelines. Thank god the two episodes were released on the same day. Or else it would have been too painful to wait!
Jan 4, 2019 8:42 AM

Sep 2015
Mattinator95 said:
Just by the first two episodes you can tell this is what inspired monogatari's authour

Inspired him the way to NOT tell a story you mean.
Jan 4, 2019 8:44 AM

Feb 2012
Another good episode. Was confused for a bit so i rewatched the 1st and everything clicked. Looking forward to this.
Jan 4, 2019 8:48 AM
Jul 2018
There are two types of people in this world: those who like Boogiepop's non-linear storytelling and those who do not. So far I'm one of the former
Jan 4, 2019 8:50 AM
Jan 2018
shiro_kai said:
Mattinator95 said:

No that's not what I mean
Jan 4, 2019 8:51 AM

Apr 2016
shiro_kai said:
Elcru said:

It's like they think that going back and forth all the time makes your story more cool.

Boogiepop would simply not work if they told it in a linear fashion. Reasons for this is because each chapter or episode shows different characters with different POV which sometimes their actions causes a chain reaction in the story
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 4, 2019 8:54 AM
Jan 2017
shiro_kai said:
Mattinator95 said:

Don't you know non-linear narrative is a thing? Ever heard of series like Baccano my dude? If you don't like this kind of storytelling , it's better if you just drop because I think it's gonna continue like this and you'll be more disappointed by it.
Jan 4, 2019 8:56 AM
Jul 2018
I'm confused all the way and I don't understand a single thing. lol
Jan 4, 2019 8:58 AM
Jan 2018
Elcru said:
shiro_kai said:

It's like they think that going back and forth all the time makes your story more cool. Sometimes is not even flashback but just a skipped scene.

Boogiepop would simply not work if they told it in a linear fashion. Reasons for this is because each chapter or episode shows different characters with different POV which sometimes their actions causes a chain reaction in the story

Sometimes it doesn't work in anime form and it should payoff in the 3rd episode I guess. If I read the light novel( I have had interest starting it for a while) it would most likely make more sense . By the first 2 episodes it's one of those series you need to binge watch back to back to make sense like monogatri,Baccano! And Durarara!!
Mattinator95Jan 4, 2019 9:54 AM
Jan 4, 2019 9:00 AM

Oct 2018
This episode was much more interesting than the first one since things were happening instead of 20 minutes of dialogue/exposition. I don't think it was that confusing since the majority of the mystery was explained and all that's left is to see how it will be resolved.

Didn't quite meet my expectations but this is fine as well. Can't wait for the next episode.
"If someone says it's wrong to hope, I will tell them they're wrong every single time." — Kaname Madoka
Jan 4, 2019 9:05 AM

Sep 2015
Roy_Cybertron said:
shiro_kai said:

Don't you know non-linear narrative is a thing? Ever heard of series like Baccano my dude? If you don't like this kind of storytelling , it's better if you just drop because I think it's gonna continue like this and you'll be more disappointed by it.

I do know, and you couldn't be more right, I dropped Baccano because of that and never finished, its a pain in the ass. But I gonna wait a little more.
Jan 4, 2019 9:09 AM

Sep 2015
Elcru said:
shiro_kai said:

It's like they think that going back and forth all the time makes your story more cool.

What about the scene where Kirima Nagi atacked the girl in the street, they could have just continued the scene but instead they cut to a girl being killed in a alley. There was no need for that.
Jan 4, 2019 9:15 AM

Sep 2014
The old adaptation was also non-linear, but it was significantly easier to follow in my opinion. This new adaptation would be better if the characters didn't look so similar and if it also included time stamps like the old one. Still, it's hard to find series with intriguing elements like this one, so I'm watching it all the way through.

Probably gonna briefly rewatch these 2 episodes or at least episode 2 in order to make sure I understand everything so far.
Jan 4, 2019 9:20 AM

Jan 2017
I went into the anime completely blind, only hearing the hype behind it and I'm a bit disappointed, especially in the first episode. Episode 2 was better, but it was a boogiepop-less episode, which is a bit worrying considering the name is in the title of the show. We'll see how it will go on, but I'm gonna let my expectations go lower, since we only just started and the animation was already meh. I could barely recognise that the guy in episode 2 was a different one from episode 1.
Jan 4, 2019 9:21 AM

Apr 2011
I'm glad I rewatched the 2000 series a little before this new one started, this way I at least remember some of the concepts and can tell who the characters are (despite their looking very different from the old series). I enjoyed the first two episodes, they were interesting.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2019

104 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 11, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2019

45 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 11, 8:51 PM

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 16 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2019

32 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 11, 7:41 PM

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 15 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2019

43 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 11, 4:51 PM

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 14 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2019

42 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 11, 2:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.