Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 20, 2018 5:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Good to see more focus on Narumi again this epsiode but damn, this show really has some oddball characters in terms of their designs and personalities.

The circus based on a Sahara Desert is also noticable being that there's other circuses in this series with supernatural entities. A pretty tense episode imo with the trouble he had tod eal with. Some of those circus guys have some really inhuman abilities.
Dec 20, 2018 8:48 AM

Jul 2017
OOHHH...finally we get to the Midnight Circus, or rather the Les Quartes Pionniers arc!

Even more fighting means the action's building up as well. The ultimate battle between Shiroganes and automata is on going, and so is the game of lies and deception.

The Midnight Circus clowns are definitely weird, but so is the CGI which was handled perfectly.
Dec 20, 2018 10:08 AM
Aug 2016
Gotta be honest, even if the adaptation did cut things (don't really know what, i've read just something around vol.6 that got basically axed) it keeps surprising me. It was another great episode of a great series.
Dec 20, 2018 10:11 AM

Jun 2009
wow the merry-go round fight was amazing . and poor ashihana is bored :D was nice too see him again hope he apears more often my fav chara soo far
5/5
Dec 20, 2018 10:58 AM

Jul 2017
We’re already fighting the automata at their base?

Why does Narumi have a streak of white hair?

This adaptation is giving me TG: re vibes. There seems to be a lot of skipped content missing because of the fast pacing. This has caused events not to flow/make sense and a lot of characters to across undeveloped e.g. Narumi’s sensei daughter, the villains.
FlexstyleDec 20, 2018 1:45 PM
Dec 20, 2018 11:40 AM

Sep 2013
Good Episode.

I think Lucile meant Elinore when she talked about the coins.

I wonder who is Faceless, i remember this term was passed as type of clowns.
_MezzoDec 20, 2018 11:52 AM
Dec 20, 2018 12:32 PM

Sep 2011
Why are the eyes of the Shirogane so creepy? I feel like the main Shirogane, and Guy are the only ones with normal eyes, but somehow Lucille had a normal one for a moment this time. I get some of them are machines now, but they do look creepy even though they are the "good guys." Not that the automata from the Midnight Circus are more friendly-looking. lol

Well, not impressed by this situation/"game" to be honest, the fights were so-so, and he gore-fest felt over-the-top again, like it was trying hard to be serious, but I guess it's fitting for this anime by now. It also seems that the Shirogane from all over the world were called to this operation, but not the main Shirogane. And it seems that they all know about Narumi, except the main Shirogane. This may be addressed in the next episodes, but it still feels so off. I wonder where Masaru went by himself too.
Dec 20, 2018 12:59 PM

May 2018
Man , were them studio exc and the Dirctor of this anime studying their geography? Cu'z them Shiroganes were saying that their assault would be at the Sahara desert and yet their iMAX screen points on the norther part of Egypt.

Btw does anybody notices Narumi's hair, it has a white streak on his left side m does that mean that he's starting to be like the rest of them Shirogane's of having white hair?

Also, that old Shirogane hag says that those afflicted with Zonapha don't die but in this ep she is saying that the spread of that disease would result in death.....geez man does Zonapha kills or not?

Oh, shit the battle has begun, and the 1st Shriogane O's dies without a fight, and that merry go around automata, man don;t these Shriogane bought any RPG's with them or anything that goes BOOM and rat tat tat tat tat???

Shitty battle looks more like a contest one fight at a time, shit it looks more like that the do intent to make this slow so as to accommodated a long season.
Dec 20, 2018 1:52 PM

Jul 2017
That was fun. Pacing was awkward, but the CGI was pretty decently used in the fight.
Dec 20, 2018 6:33 PM

Oct 2015
That was some great display of fighting from the two girls, but Narumi was a badass too in kicking that merry-go-round bastard's ass. The way he he scooped those two was hilarious and kinda manly on his part.

He is really becoming a full Shirogane with that tint of silver hair, I wonder how will he look with a full body?

Great episode,
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 20, 2018 10:07 PM

Aug 2012
Imma be honest, I didn't remember anything from the last episode so I was a bit confused at the beginning lol.
Dec 21, 2018 9:08 AM

Aug 2013
An okay-ish episode.

The fight scenes were not that bad.

Dec 22, 2018 4:38 AM

Nov 2016
The fights are pretty crazy, almost on Jojo level, but even more brutal.

Enjoyed this episode a lot and hyped for the next episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 22, 2018 3:17 PM

Apr 2012
An interesting episode. At first we get a lot of rather gloomy action, and then ... a gratuitous nudity and + two girls in a half-comic Narumi's harem. Oh, lol.
Dec 23, 2018 3:35 AM

Dec 2014
well they suddenly came to the main focal point...to think Francine looks so much like the originally introduced Shirogane... hmmm ..this keeps on getting better huh
Dec 23, 2018 5:09 AM

Jan 2011
Why did they just run into the merry-go-round?

I knew some sort of sexual harassment was one of the things those two puppets were gonna resort to. Clothing damage popped up somewhat irregularly in Ushio to Tora afterall, more so in the manga.
Dec 25, 2018 5:41 PM

May 2015
Oh man, it was awful. I guess this anime isn't my cup of tea after all. I liked first episodes a lot but it seems they were misguiding.
Dec 27, 2018 6:27 AM

Mar 2016
Ten said:
Oh man, it was awful. I guess this anime isn't my cup of tea after all. I liked first episodes a lot but it seems they were misguiding.

What exactly didn't you like about this episode if you don't mind me asking? I can't really see how the shows tone has changed that much to make the first episodes "misguiding".
Dec 27, 2018 7:35 AM

May 2015
MDLegs said:
Ten said:

What exactly didn't you like about this episode if you don't mind me asking? I can't really see how the shows tone has changed that much to make the first episodes "misguiding".

Well, in the first episodes the battles were between puppeteers with different puppets similar to Harlequin. To be honest, I'm not a big fan of the circus theme but it seemed to be something different and refreshing. But now we see more of automata and they are annoying as hell. The whole concept behind their existence is kinda lame, shiroganes with their immortality, syndrome suddenly is a much bigger deal, Narumi's memory loss, teasing with almost meeting each other but not, basic backstory with a dead girl and two brothers, the overall goody-two-shoes approach that is projected through main characters. All of this just piled up and felt like too much. I also still don't find any of the characters likable to the point that I'd want to root for them or care what will happen next. In this particular episode everything was over the top and really, the villains here make no sense. Yes, they are explained but I don't like this explanation, a lot of things started to be irritating and the plot just took a weird direction.
Dec 27, 2018 2:49 PM

Mar 2016
Ten said:
MDLegs said:

Well, in the first episodes the battles were between puppeteers with different puppets similar to Harlequin. To be honest, I'm not a big fan of the circus theme but it seemed to be something different and refreshing. But now we see more of automata and they are annoying as hell. The whole concept behind their existence is kinda lame, shiroganes with their immortality, syndrome suddenly is a much bigger deal, Narumi's memory loss, teasing with almost meeting each other but not, basic backstory with a dead girl and two brothers, the overall goody-two-shoes approach that is projected through main characters. All of this just piled up and felt like too much. I also still don't find any of the characters likable to the point that I'd want to root for them or care what will happen next. In this particular episode everything was over the top and really, the villains here make no sense. Yes, they are explained but I don't like this explanation, a lot of things started to be irritating and the plot just took a weird direction.

For me it's the opposite. Watching the first few episodes I thought that it was kind of a lame generic shounen but I enjoyed the circus theme it had so it kept me interested with where it would go and it didn't disappoint. The story differs from the rest by taking a much more serious tone while still keeping it's occasional funny moments. I have no idea what I'm gonna get every episode and that's what makes me wanna watch the show.
I don't get what you mean by the villains not making sense and some of the other points you made, but if the anime isn't to your liking and that's totally understandable.
Dec 30, 2018 7:05 AM

Jun 2013
I haven't caught up with the manga but as an Anime-only for this series (as of now), I can say two things: I can tell that they definitely kept some things out and are skipping chapters or even arc, according to the manga readers. However, at the same time I find it enjoyable.

It is nice to meet some new characters. I didn't know that there were THAT many shigroganes, hell,they even have a shirogane dog.

That shirogane dog is the most majestic-looking one so far.
臭い-
Jan 13, 2019 11:23 PM

Dec 2016
Bruhhhh y'all let TWO people get killed by a fucking stationary merry-go-round lmaoooo. Like the first guy who died, sure he can get a pass maybe he wasnt expecting blades, but the lady who went second should just be ashamed of herself and her existence at that point
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jan 20, 2019 3:43 PM

Feb 2013
Lol, that guy was really strong to have a merry-go-round on his head but the attacks were too easy to avoid, at least for Narumi.
May 22, 2019 5:06 PM

Jun 2014
There are certainly a lot of Shirogane.

The automata inside the tent are no joke. They are extremely deadly, and Narumi is definitely what they needed to help take the automata down.

Jul 17, 2019 8:18 AM

Jul 2015
This really feels rushed, but still good

Also has what is up with that silver hair stripe in Narumi's hair, is he becoming a Shirogane

More topics from this board

Poll: » Karakuri Circus Episode 36 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2019

51 by ohnaur »»
Dec 5, 2023 2:19 AM

Poll: » Karakuri Circus Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2019

26 by ohnaur »»
Dec 3, 2023 2:34 AM

» Was it well received in japan?

SinDrake - Nov 15, 2023

3 by SinDrake »»
Nov 17, 2023 11:45 AM

Poll: » Karakuri Circus Episode 34 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2019

20 by DANIELLL224 »»
Oct 16, 2023 9:49 AM

Poll: » Karakuri Circus Episode 31 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23, 2019

22 by Dawizz »»
Aug 17, 2023 12:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.