Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 1, 2018 7:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Interesting...we get to see more of Eugeo this episode and his progress since the timeskip. Didn't really like his opponent though.

On the other hand, Eugeo's progression as an elite swordsman impresses me yet he lacks the true understanding of his sword. Definitely an episode important for him considering the characterization.
Dec 1, 2018 7:30 AM

Nov 2007
Eugeo guy's turn.

Those two again... They offered to give him lesson, and Eugeo guy accepted to test out their skills. Imagination based on rich looking down on poor. He at least withstood one of their skills and another ran away.

Afterwards, nothing from them, and lol @ whole thing about "Stay Cool".

Picnic w. Kouhais.

So it affected kouhai. Long hair kouhai's roommate getting "strict" instruction from her teacher, who is one of two. He admits (did something obscenity) and doesn't think it's at fault (blamed on being draw).

His kouhai requested him to win the competition and be on the representative. He promised her he will win, but for different goal.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 1, 2018 7:39 AM

Apr 2015
Gotta say, they definitely did a great job with the characterization and overall presentation this time around. Might actually be my favourite episode in that regard.

Finally the focus shifts onto Eugeo which he really needed. Not only that in pretty much all dialogues he either takes an active part or takes control whereas Kirito usually only has a supportive role.

Boy oh boy does this adaptation give our Kohai a great treatment.
Dec 1, 2018 9:10 AM

Jan 2009
character development for Eugeo now but in the end he got involved in some love conflict between that red hair girl and Alice lol

stay cool Eugeo
Dec 1, 2018 9:15 AM

Dec 2010
That "stay cool" thing is such a red flag. I predict it'll come up again when Eugeo and Kirito have to say goodbye to each other.

This episode is def a big step forward in development for Eugeo, whose whole life has revolved around Alice/Kirito but is now starting to make steps towards making connections with other people. And.... between Eugeo and Tiese--I ship it.
Dec 1, 2018 9:25 AM
Mar 2016
so... i have to say... i like this new ship of eugeo and tisa, but... i hoonestly think its some kind of trap, like, she's "under control", just because her Family is a low tier noble, and those guys are top tier... but i really hope that i am wrong, cause she is really cute
Dec 1, 2018 9:25 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Interesting episode that did well in expanding upon both the world via the insight into the ranks of nobles and into the types of feelings that can fuel imagination. I also loved the expansion of Tiese's character as well. Having a reason to fight is just as important as having an excellent weapon. It was amusing seeing Eugeo try to learn the stay cool phrase. It was funny seeing the contrast in relationships that exist between the valets and their mentors. Tiese's father's teachings sure was the correct one. Kirito and Eugeo's attempts to solve this with diplomacy was admirable but given the nobles attitude was doomed to fail sadly. The talk between Eugeo and Tiese sure was hearwarming and it was nice seeing her reveal to Eugeo the worries that she has. Though the depth of her feelings towards Eugeo was quite surprising.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 1, 2018 9:26 AM

Nov 2016
Glad that this is back on track after the mediocrity in the last episode.

It's cool that Eugeo is getting more focus, but the characters of these nobles are as cringy as most villains before.

For the love of God, I hope they fix that problem in the future.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 1, 2018 9:29 AM

Apr 2015
FMmatron said:

It's cool that Eugeo is getting more focus, but the characters of these nobles are as cringy as most villains before.

Considering that this part of the entire arc including its villains is pretty much warmup tier, you should be satisfied one way or another.
Dec 1, 2018 9:31 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I knew that those two noble guys were cunts from how they were treating Kirito, but they're even worse than I thought with this episode. I hope they get humiliated, expelled and die

I appreciated the characterization with Eugeo and the red hair girl but man I knew that she was gonna fall for him one day lol...I hope that he'll be able to let her down easy when the time comes

Really looking forward to this tournament tho :D
Dec 1, 2018 9:36 AM
Jul 2012
Pknoctis said:
That "stay cool" thing is such a red flag. I predict it'll come up again when Eugeo and Kirito have to say goodbye to each other.

It wont come up later, its a red flag for next episode actually.
Dec 1, 2018 9:37 AM
Oct 2018
Saito-h said:
so... i have to say... i like this new ship of eugeo and tisa, but... i hoonestly think its some kind of trap, like, she's "under control", just because her Family is a low tier noble, and those guys are top tier... but i really hope that i am wrong, cause she is really cute
tbh i had the same thought,but in the end it seemed honest, i hope it her free will.Cause last episode i was wishing for eugo to get some love interest and something to happen between liena and kirito. I got to see one, waiting for the next
Dec 1, 2018 9:41 AM

Feb 2013
Eugeo needs to kick Humbert's ass, fast!
Now we have to stay cool and wait for the next episode.
Dec 1, 2018 9:42 AM

Dec 2014
I was really hoping we'd seen the last of those noble pompous pricks but unfortunately not.

The duel in the beginning was pretty cool.

It's nice to see Eugeo getting more focus and I liked what Kirito had to say about what was basically rules vs morals during that picnic.

Tiese is cute, really like her. I kinda expected that she'd end up liking Eugeo after all his chivalry but we do know that Eugeo has eyes only for Alice so this romance subplot is probably gonna have a very bittersweet end.

I don't know why but 'Stay Cool' makes me laugh. xD

Tournament sounds interesting. Looking forward to it. Kirito vs Eugeo finals please. xD
Dec 1, 2018 9:53 AM

Oct 2013
FMmatron said:

As for Raios and Humbert, they're literally there to help the viewer understand how authority and nobility interact with the Taboo Index. They're not meant to be complex characters or anything according to my friend. They're literally just extras who have a position in the academy because of their status as nobles. The weight in their swords is reflected by the absolute pride they have in their power and authority.

Just know they're there to emphasize the challenges that come with living in this society as an Underworld Citizen. You can't break the taboo index, but you also can't go against a superior or a noble of higher rank.
Dec 1, 2018 9:53 AM
Jan 2013
Windman said:

What's going to happen in the next episode? More spoilers, please
"How am I supposed to face the problem when the problem is my face?" - W.Lui

"A real man forgives a woman for her lies." - Sanji

"First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes adults flying through a portal in the sky." - NettoSaito

"I'm not a newbie it's just that I only registered a few days ago." - A newbie
Dec 1, 2018 9:58 AM
Jan 2018
This episode was better than the others, but not something I would call good.

How are the insufferably cliche guys the top 2 guys if Eugeo can easily be a threat to one of them, especially since he barely "trained" his imagination? What about Kirito?

Enter rapist villain #4.

The Kirito speech was really forced. The characters were already aware of the bad guys doing things without punishment, but Kirito still needed to explain the basics of laws/morals, and the characters treat it like it enlightened them.

The episode also feels very stretched out overall and drags on a bit. Weird, since I heard that they cut off content from the LN.

The interaction between Eugeo and Tieze is easily the best thing in the entire show, although if Eugeo is not honest about it, it would be one of the worst.
TodAboTDec 1, 2018 7:17 PM
Dec 1, 2018 9:58 AM

Nov 2016
xchyssa said:
FMmatron said:

As for Raios and Humbert, they're literally there to help the viewer understand how authority and nobility interact with the Taboo Index. They're not meant to be complex characters or anything according to my friend. They're literally just extras who have a position in the academy because of their status as nobles. The weight in their swords is reflected by the absolute pride they have in their power and authority.

Just know they're there to emphasize the challenges that come with living in this society as an Underworld Citizen. You can't break the taboo index, but you also can't go against a superior or a noble of higher rank.

I don't need complexity from those two, but they can still fulfill their purpose without sucking ass.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 1, 2018 10:01 AM

Aug 2013
Yeah, not liking those two noble guys.

Looking forward to the tournament.

Dec 1, 2018 10:03 AM
Jul 2012
Lelouch_Darsi said:
Windman said:

What's going to happen in the next episode? More spoilers, please

Dec 1, 2018 10:14 AM
Sep 2018
Fappa said:
Gotta say, they definitely did a great job with the characterization and overall presentation this time around. Might actually be my favourite episode in that regard.

Finally the focus shifts onto Eugeo which he really needed. Not only that in pretty much all dialogues he either takes an active part or takes control whereas Kirito usually only has a supportive role.

Boy oh boy does this adaptation give our Kohai a great treatment.

And damn kouhai Tiese just practically proposed to Eugeo-kun.
Dec 1, 2018 10:18 AM
Sep 2018
Pknoctis said:

This episode is def a big step forward in development for Eugeo, whose whole life has revolved around Alice/Kirito but is now starting to make steps towards making connections with other people. And.... between Eugeo and Tiese--I ship it.

I kinda like it too, but I wonder if its just an influence from Kirito and his unwitting ways of getting women to fall for him.
Dec 1, 2018 10:20 AM

Apr 2014
Alright this was okay. The situation with the two noble people are full of trash. The Tiese red haired girl seems really concerned, and seems to try to ask Eugeo for 'that'. But Eugeo has a different goal in mind.
Dec 1, 2018 10:21 AM

Jun 2017
franzjpm said:
Pknoctis said:

I kinda like it too, but I wonder if its just an influence from Kirito and his unwitting ways of getting women to fall for him.

No it's not. It's from the Aincrad days.

Good episode. For those with smaller attention spans, it becomes mostly non stop action from episode 11 onward, 12 at the latest.
Signature.
Dec 1, 2018 10:24 AM

Apr 2010
SAO and rapist villains. Name a more iconic duo.
Dec 1, 2018 10:26 AM
Sep 2018
Aleph199X said:
franzjpm said:

No it's not. It's from the Aincrad days.

Good episode. For those with smaller attention spans, it becomes mostly non stop action from episode 11 onward, 12 at the latest.

nonetheless this episode has definitely set things up rather well for quite the event in next week's episode.
Dec 1, 2018 10:43 AM

Jun 2011
Absolutely really love this episode, this is definitely one of my favorite arcs in SAO so far... I for one, absolutely love how this season does not just only focus on Kirito, but also Eugeo, who serves as the deutagonist. It's nice having two main characters, and I'm really enjoying the season so far.
Dec 1, 2018 10:46 AM

Oct 2013
FMmatron said:
xchyssa said:

I don't need complexity from those two, but they can still fulfill their purpose without sucking ass.

Don't worry too much about these guys, this is just a beginning and their will be better antagonists to come. Just remember how this society works and keep that in mind as you continue to watch because it'll be important to help you understand why things are moving the way they are and why they go through depths in creating a perfect bottom up A.I. ^^
Dec 1, 2018 10:51 AM
Sep 2018
Za Powah of Cockiness
antonn said:
SAO and rapist villains. Name a more iconic duo.

no its moronic duo
Dec 1, 2018 11:14 AM

Dec 2014
well eugeo story development focus... now still confused where this is all going
Dec 1, 2018 11:39 AM

Jul 2017
Much better episode than last week. Solid character development for Eugeo but I dont buy the whole Eugeo, Tiese 'thing' yet.
Dec 1, 2018 11:43 AM
Jul 2012
ibraheem234 said:
well eugeo story development focus... now still confused where this is all going

It will go...up in smoke. Next make episode will make it clear that you dont fuck with this season, everything is gonna get really serious really fast from now on.
Dec 1, 2018 11:45 AM

Mar 2016
Eugeo was the man here in this episode.
Dec 1, 2018 11:59 AM
Sep 2018
another great episode
the interaction between tiese and eugeo was so wholesome.
have to stay cool and wait for another week.
Dec 1, 2018 12:05 PM
Oct 2012
Great Episode, I could hear my heart beat a bit in this episode lol
which is rare coz I already read the novels and know it all and i mostly get excited only in the shows that i didn't read the source materials.

Alicization get more and more serious as the story goes on, surpassing the death-game Aincrad itself after a while.
PedramDec 1, 2018 12:09 PM
Dec 1, 2018 12:07 PM

Aug 2015
FMmatron said:
xchyssa said:

While this is the best arc of SAO, it still has all the same problems as SAO. OP characters, rapey villains (even if not main ones), "strong" girls becoming totally reliant on Kirito even if he does fucking nothing (especially later in this arc). The reason it's the best is just because the scale of the story becomes massive and there are a couple of genuinely good characters. Otherwise it's all standard fare.
Dec 1, 2018 12:28 PM
Mar 2017
A very tense episode today.
Scumbag Raios and Humbert are back and this time they try to bother Eugeo, but it turns out that Eugeo manages to put them in his place by accepting a practice duel, but the pathetic nobles can not stand such humiliation.
To know that the power of these imbeciles noble children is the pride of their nobility makes me laugh, poor idiots, they are waiting for Kirito and Eugeo to give them a beating and the humiliation they deserve since their first appearance.
Kirito is still very helpful in the development of Eugeo, but that "Stay cool" made me laugh a lot.
Eugeo and Kirito have a picnic with their valets and being honest was quite relaxing the atmosphere of peace of the group, Kirito teaching Ronie and Eugeo with Tiese talk about the problems that Humbert valet has, which is being humiliated to do tasks that are not correspond
The confrontation to these accusations was ridiculous, it was obvious that these cowardly children would become the victims and they would make fun of Eugeo and Kirito's attempt to help Frenica, Eugeo almost lost his temper when Humbert described the humiliating orders that he asked his valet .
The final scene with Tiese and Eugeo was quite moving, it would not be strange that she feared that her parents would arrange a marriage and that her future husband would be a first class scumbag and being very honest I felt that Tiese had feelings towards her mentor who is so kind and educated.
The name of the next episode gives me a very bad feeling, the scene with Tiese and Eugeo also left a bad omen.

Dec 1, 2018 12:49 PM
Aug 2017
ppl who complaint about those rapist villain need to know that they are just a mediocre villain. And there, much more better enemy will come. Why don't you just be patient. I think, to have some mediocre enemy that disgust us before the true enemy comes is a good idea of story-writing.
WBLHMD753Dec 1, 2018 12:57 PM
Dec 1, 2018 1:24 PM

Jan 2015
All I've got to say is - adaptation-wise today's episode was spotless.

Also I'm REALLY fkn looking forward to next week's episode. This is gonn be gud
Dec 1, 2018 2:32 PM
Feb 2018
Windman said:
Pknoctis said:

i dont really think they would introduce that part or will focus on that part
Dec 1, 2018 3:15 PM

Jan 2017
Wow. Humbert and Raios are so conceited. Geez

Things are gonna be getting weird.. why you gotta go do that Thiese; as soon as she mentioned marriage, it set her feelings for Eugeo in stone. And Eugeo is too damn nice, it's gonna have the worst dynamic ever... You shouldn't have led her on! GAAAH.
Dec 1, 2018 3:30 PM

May 2018
So they're making this to run for 60 eps or more to accommodated something boring such as this ep.
Dec 1, 2018 4:09 PM

Apr 2015
Those 2 nobles are annoying the living hell out of me...

A lot of focus on Eugeo this episode. That moment with Tiese at the end was adorable. A confession already, wel sort of. is this the start of a different harem? I ship them ... besides Tiese is cute!
Dec 1, 2018 4:21 PM
Nov 2017
Great episode
I'm all hyped
Dec 1, 2018 4:27 PM

Nov 2009
I'm not quite sure why Eugeo reacted that way to the confession.
Dec 1, 2018 4:32 PM
Jul 2018
I feel a bit annoyed with people who call this episode boring because it's clear to me a big storm will come so enjoy the "boring" episodes while you can... It was nice to see the pov of Eugeo and Tieze's confession but the two jerks get on my nerves.
Dec 1, 2018 4:35 PM

Feb 2016
I gave the first episode 8 if i remember correctly and then got to 9 and now this was a 10 . really enjoyed this episode.
Dec 1, 2018 5:07 PM
Jul 2011
It's now Eugeo's spotlight. Stay cool.
Dec 1, 2018 5:12 PM
Jul 2018
Gildesh said:
I'm not quite sure why Eugeo reacted that way to the confession.

Because Eugeo doesn't want to scare Tiese. He knows she's worried about her future and afraid to get an abusive husband that's why he couldn't bring himself to tell her his true goals.
Dec 1, 2018 5:43 PM

Jan 2013
Damn, what an episode! I wasn't expecting anything special from it.
Can't wait for the episodes when the 2 nobles will get what they deserve.

I can be wrong but i think that Tiese is that girl that was abused by that noble.
That ending, damn! Can i already ship them? hahah
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» My enjoyment of Alice is kinda ruined because of Darkness from Konosuba

BigBoyAdvance - Mar 24

11 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 24, 10:33 PM

» Anyone else lowkey prefer Alice to Asuna?

Marinate1016 - Jun 25, 2019

47 by Marinate1016 »»
Mar 24, 11:38 AM

» Kirito needs medical help cause this man’s been through it all

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 11

32 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 14, 9:57 AM

» I just finished this and ""O MY GOD ""

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Mar 2

43 by Fenyy »»
Mar 5, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

190 by fssf1606 »»
Feb 12, 2:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.