Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 24, 2018 7:56 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So they do have school festivals in this show. Now it doesn't feel like this show's setting is much different than our own society.

Felt like a buildup episode though as Yuuta continues to have thoughts about the strange events recently. Of course we had to get Gridman appearing at the school too. I have to admit though, the action was exciting in the SSSS.Gridman style.
Stark700Nov 24, 2018 11:04 AM
Nov 24, 2018 11:12 AM

Apr 2016
The creators of this show are living the dream.

I feel like Akane is competing with someone or something, and Alexis is some kind of a judge.
Nov 24, 2018 11:13 AM

Jan 2009
oh damn Rikka and the others must be a simulation or bot created by Akane too and not just the City lol

that full power Gridman is awesome though, nice action there
Nov 24, 2018 11:13 AM

Feb 2017
Yo, this episode was so lit, akane got what she deserved, next week's ep is probably going to have go towards some drama stuff by the looks of it...
AOTY

Nov 24, 2018 11:26 AM

Jan 2015
I love the fact that all the characters aren’t your boring type of chara, while I hate that fack that this is only 12 episodes long.
Huge death flag for Rikka
Nov 24, 2018 11:37 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
as a HUGE Godzilla/Gamera/Monster fan... there should be way more Kaijuu anime...

Nov 24, 2018 11:55 AM
Mar 2016
Someone, please convince me there will be no NTR in SSSS.Gridman!
Nov 24, 2018 11:58 AM
Dec 2017
In the end were their uniforms Kill la Kill references?
Nov 24, 2018 11:59 AM

Jul 2017
SharafDan said:

What the actual fuck are you talking about my dude? There is no NTR here and I'm not sure how you even came to the conclusion that there might be. Lay off the doujins for a bit.
Nov 24, 2018 12:14 PM

Jan 2009
SharafDan said:

there is NPC though but not NTR, lol Akane implied that Rikka and all of them are just NPC created by her anyway
Nov 24, 2018 12:18 PM
Mar 2016
GreenEmu said:
SharafDan said:

What the actual fuck are you talking about my dude? There is no NTR here and I'm not sure how you even came to the conclusion that there might be. Lay off the doujins for a bit.

It's not about doujins, friend. This is Trigger-Cuck Studio, you see!
With respect to all weird tastes, but I have a bad experience after Franxx, so whenever I see Rikka gets a long with other guys other than Yuta or gives them baths and blushes, I get worried.
When she gets a long with Utsumi, I get same feelings.. this is probably a complex caused by previous NTR stories I've unwillingly encountered.
Nov 24, 2018 12:24 PM
Mar 2016
deg said:
SharafDan said:

there is NPC though but not NTR, lol Akane implied that Rikka and all of them are just NPC created by her anyway

Yeah, and most importantly Akane made sure that Rikka likes her when she created her [by a KAIJU Akane created]. If you noticed the Ending Credit, you will see Rikka and Akane trying to reach each other and hold hands at the end, as if Akane created an alternative world out of boredom and loneliness, which means everyone belongs to the original world but Akane transferred or recreated them!

I don't know.. I don't really understand!
Nov 24, 2018 12:25 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Akane should stick to designing toys in the future. Much better at that than fighting against Gridman and co.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 24, 2018 12:37 PM

Dec 2009
Didn't expect them to go Full Power already but that was so epic. I think Calibur is a bit too small though but whatever, Twin Drill Breaker!!!

Alexis looked more evil than ever in that last shot and Akane is definetly playing The Sims Kaiju expansion.
Nov 24, 2018 1:16 PM

May 2016
It steadily carries on being a show I have to force myself and watch, because some moments, shots, particular events belong in something unbelievably amazing and wormed their way into a show this beige.
Nov 24, 2018 1:16 PM

Jul 2017
SharafDan said:
GreenEmu said:

With respect to all weird tastes, but I have a bad experience after Franxx, so whenever I see Rikka gets a long with other guys other than Yuta or gives them baths and blushes, I get worried.
When she gets a long with Utsumi, I get same feelings.. this is probably a complex caused by previous NTR stories I've unwillingly encountered.

I don't know how many times this needs repeating but the train wreck that was Franxx wasn't because of Trigger. I swear people act like Trigger=Franxx. Secondly even if that was the case Gridman doesn't belong to Trigger and the company that does own it is very old school and by the books when it comes to their shows. If you think that Rikka washing a kid's hair or Utsumi apologizing to her is NTR then that sounds like a personal issue.
Nov 24, 2018 1:18 PM

Nov 2016
"youthful beautiful" is really my favorite ending this season.

Poor depressed Akane, looking forward to her comeback.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 24, 2018 1:24 PM

Jan 2009
FMmatron said:
"youthful beautiful" is really my favorite ending this season.

agreed i feel that song is very underrated when i look at youtube numbers of current anime songs
Nov 24, 2018 1:24 PM
Mar 2016
GreenEmu said:
SharafDan said:

I don't know how many times this needs repeating but the train wreck that was Franxx wasn't because of Trigger. I swear people act like Trigger=Franxx. Secondly even if that was the case Gridman doesn't belong to Trigger and the company that does own it is very old school and by the books when it comes to their shows. If you think that Rikka washing a kid's hair or Utsumi apologizing to her is NTR then that sounds like a personal issue.

I would happily believe it's a personal issue in order to keep enjoying Gridman to the end, as I've been enjoying it so far.
Nov 24, 2018 1:44 PM

Feb 2017
That scene in the bus was quite tense and unsettling.
Gridman fully combining with others was epic and really fun to watch.
Nov 24, 2018 1:53 PM

Jan 2018
I'm getting so many death flags I wouldn't be surprised if the "world" just restarted/rebooted/whatever at some point.
Nov 24, 2018 1:56 PM
Dec 2017
This week episode was a love letter to all of Sunrise's "Yuusha" series of robot animes.

Particularly Yuusha-Ou GaoGaiGar.
Nov 24, 2018 2:15 PM

Feb 2014

Yes I Do!!!
Borr is da best waifu. Rest are just the charas.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Nov 24, 2018 2:28 PM

Sep 2011
Rikka, and Utsumi fought because he wanted to fight Akane, I mean, a declaration of war like that is pretty hype lol, but she didn't because Akane is her friend; but after that scene on the bus things changed. I can only wonder what is going through Rikka's mind right now, with Akane being a 'god' who 'set' her up to never hate her, it's as if she doesn't even have a will of her own, but she does and maybe it's true that she can't hate Akane, but I wonder if it is truly and only because she set her up like this, but well.

The Full Power Gridman was so cool! The music playing in the background while the gattai was happening was pretty epic too! I guess that Calibur truly is my favorite out of that quartet too, and fortunately Anti ate something, and Rikka's kindness wasn't for nothing since she was the one he turned to in his hour of need. Akane is pretty deranged though, targeting someone directly over a sandwich or a bump is terrible enough, but she was going to indiscriminately kill a lot of students simply because she didn't like the idea of having a festival, like, chill.
Nov 24, 2018 2:34 PM

Jul 2015
I never thought I would enjoy mecha anime.

Nov 24, 2018 2:43 PM

Jan 2017
Well we got the Full Power/Golden Gridman way sonner that I was thinking, I hope that they have still something even better for the "Grand finale".

Also that "hug" in the bus, ooooh boy such a good material for "fan art" !
Nov 24, 2018 2:45 PM

Jan 2013
Leonard_Oliveira said:
This week episode was a love letter to all of Sunrise's "Yuusha" series of robot animes.

Particularly Yuusha-Ou GaoGaiGar.
I see what you're saying but not really.
It was straight up Might Gaine, right down to the finishing move.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Nov 24, 2018 2:53 PM
Oct 2018
I didn't really like this episode much at all. Most of it felt really dull and boring. Yuta continues to be an awful MC. The Rikka reveal was kinda cool I guess. Akane was good as usual.

Everything else was kinda disappointing in my opinion.
Nov 24, 2018 3:20 PM

Feb 2017
Absolutely love this episode. Really wanted Yuta to rip the kaiju model's head off right in front of Akane. Would love to see her reaction. Every scene in this show feels important. At first I was dissapointed it's score is only a 7.1 on here, but then again SAO as an 8 so who give a f***
Nov 24, 2018 3:23 PM

Mar 2014
the gold hair girl from the ending song finally appeared in this episode, so whats her role about?
Nov 24, 2018 3:30 PM

Jan 2015
Pledge to protect this smile.
Nov 24, 2018 3:34 PM

Jul 2017
That was great. I loved this episode so much and it feels kinda nostalgic to me in a way. The guys cosplaying as girls definitely look... off.
Nov 24, 2018 4:03 PM

Aug 2013
So Rikka is a creation of Akane's as well? Oh boy
Don't believe the hype.
Nov 24, 2018 4:19 PM
Dec 2017
Cabron said:

I mentioned "Yuusha-Ou GaoGaiGar" because I watched that one and it left a strong impression on me. But you have a good point because I didn't watch "Yuusha Tokkyuu Might Gaine" specifically.

But since these "Yuusha" shows from Sunrise are all strongly related by their theme, setting and story flow, someone who didn't watch the exact reference still gets pointed to the right direction in the end.

Thanks for pointing out the exact one out.
Nov 24, 2018 4:20 PM
Jul 2018
This was quite okay episode mostly an buildup episode. I find the OP song pretty weak so wished they could use different battle song during the battle. Anyway I am curious what's up with that strange big wall.
Nov 24, 2018 4:33 PM

Jan 2009
THUNDER GRIDMAN & FULL POWERED GRIDMAN GATTAI SEQUENCE

Nov 24, 2018 4:34 PM

Sep 2018
Loved the ED sequence.

So is Rikka some sort of simulation or bot that Akane created?
Nov 24, 2018 4:40 PM
Oct 2018
am i the only one thingking that rikka is the mind master behind all of this?

hmm..
Nov 24, 2018 4:46 PM

Jan 2013
Leonard_Oliveira said:
Cabron said:

I mentioned "Yuusha-Ou GaoGaiGar" because I watched that one and it left a strong impression on me. But you have a good point because I didn't watch "Yuusha Tokkyuu Might Gaine" specifically.

But since these "Yuusha" shows from Sunrise are all strongly related by their theme, setting and story flow, someone who didn't watch the exact reference still gets pointed to the right direction in the end.

Thanks for pointing out the exact one out.
It's all good man.
GGG and Might Gaine have pretty much the same piston animation.

Anyway here you go:

The part where Gridman turns gold is either a reference to Exkaiser or Da Garn.

Nov 24, 2018 5:08 PM

Sep 2018
deg said:
THUNDER GRIDMAN & FULL POWERED GRIDMAN GATTAI SEQUENCE

lol this shit looks great like i mean the old one lol, i love that live action one lol
Nov 24, 2018 5:11 PM

Nov 2010
This is a scary part: "You cannot hate me, cause I preset you like that. I made you from my monster".
and the battle is like GodMars...
Nov 24, 2018 5:50 PM

Aug 2018
Cool episode, I liked the fully powered up Gridman ! But somehow, it did not feel as epic as it could (should?) have been ; the fight was short overall.

I still can't figure out where they wanna lead us...but it is getting more & more intriguing for sure
Nov 24, 2018 8:34 PM

Nov 2017

- Does he look like Rei from Neon genesis?
- when Gridman fullpower, it change color in to gold?
Now Loading.....
Nov 24, 2018 9:04 PM

Dec 2012
The BGM are on point!

Nov 24, 2018 9:12 PM

Sep 2009
What a boring action sequence, seriously, it feel so anticlimatic, Anti scene in the shop was the highlight in this ep, the rest is just boring crap.
Nov 24, 2018 9:32 PM
Jul 2018
This anime is finally back on track and this episode was absolutely incredible, specially in the action department. Full Power Gridman's gattai scene and final move gave a huge nerdgasm, it was basolutely fantastic.
Nov 24, 2018 9:34 PM

Feb 2013
Saw a theory in reddit and I'm plenty sure that something like that will happen with the information that we get:

"I think the world we're seeing is Akane's recreation of her school & city from the real world, and the only non-Akane-created people in it are Yuuta, Akane, and Alexis. IRL, she's probably a socially awkward kid with no friends and an obsession with kaiju, and Rikka is probably a kind, outgoing person that Akane looks up to. Hence, when recreating Rikka in whatever kind of pocket universe we're in, Akane made sure that Rikka could never hate her, since IRL she'd be anxious that Rikka wasn't really her friend, since Rikka is IRL more popular than Akane. (And she created everyone else to think she's the most talented and beautiful person in school.) I think it's all headed towards a reveal that Yuuta is in this universe to save Akane and that everyone is worried about her, thus making Akane realize she doesn't need to hide in Alexis's pocket dimension to experience love and friendship, making her ultimately turn against Alexis, who's been amassing an army of her kaiju in order to take over the real world or something."
Nov 24, 2018 10:12 PM

May 2017
I hate to say this but I'm starting to like this show, love the characters voices, the yakuza loli, Rikka's mom and Akane's VA all did a great job

The humor is also getting better

I still hate trigger tho for that abomination that is ditf
LairucremNov 24, 2018 10:17 PM
Nov 24, 2018 10:23 PM

Jan 2013
Lairucrem said:
I hate to say this but I'm starting to like this show, love the characters voices, the yakuza loli, Rikka's mom and Akane's VA all did a great job

The humor is also getting better

I still hate trigger tho for that abomination that is ditf
The staff of Trigger only handled the animation.

Nov 24, 2018 10:31 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Great episode! I didn’t think we’d get a school festival episode in this show, though.

Cool fighting scene again this episode and use of soundtracks in this episode was marvellous too! Some juicy details revealed, more importantly. Rikka programmed me to not hate Akane further hints a myriad of theories and possibilities. Could she have done this to the other two, Yuuta and Utsumi by any chance?
Utsumi and Rikka’s little fight was resolved quickly, and nice to see both apologising and then laughing it out. Utsumi’s comment was so on-point though, Borr’s response just nailed it. Yuuta’s plan to transform to Gridman before even the fight to prompt evacuation and minimising their respective sizes proved to be very effective, indeed. Good job, Rikka, for the hint! You aren’t as useless to the Alliance as you think you’re. Her priceless smile at the end suggests that she’s probably over this, so that’s great to see! Anti walking into the shop and just the whole scene was hilarious to me, particularly when Rikka’s mom replies ‘yes’ to Vit’s rherorical question. Too bad Borr, Vit, Max and Calibur can no longer come to school anymore, lol they were even suspected but you really can’t blame the people for misjudging that. Meanwhile, it seems as though Alexis up to no good.

All in all, a brilliant and moody episode with pleasing ED visuals! School festivals really ought to be like that, *sigh*.

caio_brb said:
Saw a theory in reddit and I'm plenty sure that something like that will happen with the information that we get:

"I think the world we're seeing is Akane's recreation of her school & city from the real world, and the only non-Akane-created people in it are Yuuta, Akane, and Alexis. IRL, she's probably a socially awkward kid with no friends and an obsession with kaiju, and Rikka is probably a kind, outgoing person that Akane looks up to. Hence, when recreating Rikka in whatever kind of pocket universe we're in, Akane made sure that Rikka could never hate her, since IRL she'd be anxious that Rikka wasn't really her friend, since Rikka is IRL more popular than Akane. (And she created everyone else to think she's the most talented and beautiful person in school.) I think it's all headed towards a reveal that Yuuta is in this universe to save Akane and that everyone is worried about her, thus making Akane realize she doesn't need to hide in Alexis's pocket dimension to experience love and friendship, making her ultimately turn against Alexis, who's been amassing an army of her kaiju in order to take over the real world or something."

To be frankly honest, these theories seem valid each and every episode! Hints from the Op, ED and minute details from here and there, it really is admirable how people spot these and go on to make relevant theories and predictions based on them.

I’m totally sold yet again, lol.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » SSSS.Gridman Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2018

103 by Timeline_man »»
Apr 22, 10:24 PM

Poll: » SSSS.Gridman Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2018

162 by Timeline_man »»
Apr 22, 10:18 AM

Poll: » SSSS.Gridman Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2018

390 by DanKyoko »»
Apr 16, 8:41 PM

Poll: » SSSS.Gridman Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2018

83 by DanKyoko »»
Apr 16, 7:37 PM

Poll: » SSSS.Gridman Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2018

90 by DanKyoko »»
Apr 16, 6:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.