Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 13, 2018 8:53 AM

Sep 2018
"Noooo!!" - everyone shouted

I am just here to say what I think about it so I hope no one will be rude.

I thought that the show got in for a lot more than it deserved.
Now by saying that I am not saying it was good (even though I enjoyed it..I'm sorry) but I think I have seen worse.
It was enjoyable and genuinely good (for me) till episode 16.
And till that time the people who were hating on it were the once who dropped it (I guess that's normal).
But I don't think it deserve all those upvoted reviews.

I know I mentioned myself a lot here but that's just to make you get that this is my opinion.

What are your thoughts about the series??
(Asking only those people who have seen at least till episode 15)
We are all Misanthropes

Made you learn

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 13, 2018 8:55 AM

Oct 2013
Noooooo

It was good until the last arc then everything went to shit. I was enjoying it and thought it was very good up to episode 19 then they rushed it to hell and introduced way too many plot points and wasted the main characters' potential.
Nov 13, 2018 8:56 AM
Jul 2018
Nooooooooooooooo

You posted this in the wrong Board OP.
Nov 13, 2018 8:58 AM

Jan 2009
i enjoyed it, it definitely divided on mini arcs though like i remember the following
episode 1-6 (first arc)
episode 7-16 (second arc)
episode 17-24 (final arc)
the final arc is too ambitious or grand in scale having fighting for the survival of earth already against aliens but i say its still fine

i scored it a 9
8 for the overall enjoyment while +1 for the great sakuga animation it has
Nov 13, 2018 8:59 AM

Feb 2018
This doesn't belong here.........
Nov 13, 2018 9:03 AM

Jan 2018
No you cant,this thread should be moved
Nov 13, 2018 9:07 AM
Jul 2018
deg said:
i enjoyed it, it definitely divided on mini arcs though like i remember the following
episode 1-6 (first arc)
the final arc is too ambitious or grand in scale having fighting for the survival of earth already against aliens but i say its still fine

i scored it a 9

Since you're well informed about the anime do you think it will have a second season.

I mean
Nov 13, 2018 9:11 AM

Jan 2009
Huntik said:
deg said:
episode 1-6 (first arc)

i scored it a 9

Since you're well informed about the anime do you think it will have a second season.

I mean

the story have a good conclusion already though

Nov 13, 2018 9:16 AM
Jul 2018
deg said:
Huntik said:

I mean

the story have a good conclusion already though

I see, well it's Better like this.
Doing more seasons with an ending like that, will quite ruin the serie.
Nov 13, 2018 9:17 AM

Jan 2018
No, i don't want u to remind me of that shit anime we're better off forgetting it.
Nov 13, 2018 9:20 AM

Oct 2014
Isn't this the general consensus from most people? Who argues that the ending of DitF is good?
Nov 13, 2018 9:27 AM

Oct 2018
Well directed show with great production values but rather mediocre story and characters. Worst part of it were the anime discussions and shitstorms, which made out of every small (predictable) twist a huge deal. Also lots of dumb waifu wars.
Nov 13, 2018 9:35 AM

Oct 2017
The problem of Darling in the Franxx has been after the KokoroxMitsuru getting jailed (Ep 19) for having a higher degree conection than was mandated by Big Bro. And of course the big IchigoGate that started a war against the creators that started to plunder the level of the series.

I have been repeating a lot if they were to focus more on the grave problems of their world and continue exploring the other 8 parasites and nott keep insisting in an already consolidated relationship like Zero Two and Hiro, rather than going completely astray with that weird alien thing.

All in all, that's why I support an average based approach towards top reviews, like Sword Art Online, Darling in the Franxx's top reviews are not reflective to their actual rating.

Nithirel said:
Isn't this the general consensus from most people? Who argues that the ending of DitF is good?

Not according to Anime Fake News Network. They argue that Darling was s. from start to finish due to conservatism.
"What a Player, what a Champion here at Wimbledon, the first man to win 8 Championships."
Andrew Castle on Roger Federer winning his 19th Grand Slam title.
Nov 13, 2018 9:47 AM

Sep 2016
Where to begin with this one... hmm.

Bloe said:

Now by saying that I am not saying it was good (even though I enjoyed it..I'm sorry) but I think I have seen worse.
And till that time the people who were hating on it were the once who dropped it (I guess that's normal).

I know I mentioned myself a lot here but that's just to make you get that this is my opinion.

You do know that every show in the database has it's own discussion area, right?
You didn't have to wait months, you could have been talking about the show this whole time.

Nobody cares if you think it's overrated, especially since you don't bother to explain why you think it stopped being "good" after ep 15.

I sure wish you people would bring TP to wipe your opinion once you're done.

Thank you for playing "What is the Most Pointless Thread You Can Come Up With?"
Congratulations! You have achieved the level of 'Disappointing' in the Non-Bait category.
Your name has been entered in the '2nd-Chance Special Mention Drawing', which will be held on December 31st.

You're never too old to watch anime.
If I ever stop watching anime, check my pulse I'm likely dead.

I wake up with coffee & anime, I go to sleep with coffee & anime.

Sorry if my sarcasm is bad, it's not my first language.

Nov 13, 2018 9:54 AM

Feb 2014
No, you're all wrong.

Darling in the FranXX was bad until episode 10, having lot's of filler episodes and episodes where basically nothing plot-relevant happens.
Episodes 12-18 are top tier.

I didn't mind the VYRM plot, though some people reacted to it like it was "THE WORSE THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO ANIME".
The post-VYRM episodes on earth where very good, with the exception of episode 23, which sucked.
Episode 24, on the other hand, was a masterpiece.
Nov 13, 2018 10:02 AM

Aug 2016
7/10 for me. First 16 episodes were like 9/10. Why 7? Cuz I still found it enjoyable to watch even tho last episodes were meh af.
Nov 13, 2018 10:19 AM

Jun 2017
It's twosday guys but I haven't seen Darling in the FranXX
Nov 13, 2018 10:56 AM

Jan 2016
Nooooo

I think you're late for the party OP.
Nov 13, 2018 11:03 AM
Mar 2018
No no no no no no no
Ok

I did like it, although the docs backstory did seem abit... eco friendly, still enjoyed much of it until the VIRM plot, they already had the klaxx for conflict, did they really need another bad guy where they couldn't develop them? If I'm bothered to update my list, I'll give it a rating, but it's going to lose points for VIRM
Nov 13, 2018 12:00 PM
Jul 2018
you are only a few months late but it's ok
yeah it didn't go to complete shit after episode 16,the hate was a lil too much
Nov 13, 2018 12:15 PM

Jun 2015
start - ooh
first few episodes - alright...
next few episodes - meh
those few eps around 15 - holy shit this is actually alright
after those episodes - meh again with a dash of ew
last few episodes - ew
after watching - wait a minute, this was disappointing, boring, unoriginal garbage filled with flaws!

Watch Eureka Seven, watch Evangelion, watch Gunbuster, watch Diebuster, watch Urusei Yatsura.
Nov 13, 2018 1:25 PM

May 2016
It was an okay anime and that bad in general.
Nov 13, 2018 1:33 PM

Nov 2015
The last few episodes of DitF were the quickest degradation of quality in an anime I've seen since Kabaneri lmao.

To be honest the only reason I kept watching is that there were occasionally very good episodes among the usual mediocre weirdly dramatic unnecessarily sexualized ones. You could really tell how there were different studios and writers per episode, as throughout most of its duration it went meh-meh-ok-bad-SUDDENLY SUPER GOOD EPISODE-bad-meh-...
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Nov 13, 2018 1:35 PM

Apr 2016
Bloe said:

I think it was shit, like not the worst anime ever created, because i've seen like 100x shows like that already, ctrl-c/ctrl-v anime.
Nov 13, 2018 1:41 PM

Apr 2009
The weirdest thing about DiF is that for some reason people thought this "totally-original" magical girlfriend show was going to be great and they were so into it they sent shit to the VA over the most less credible love triangle I've seen in recent years.

Nov 13, 2018 1:47 PM

Dec 2012
Yes, if you're in the series discussion forum, this is general anime though.

As for the series, not bad, could have been better though.
KruszerNov 13, 2018 1:55 PM
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Nov 13, 2018 2:22 PM

May 2018
i loved it at first but it got worse episode by episode after so i don't like darling in the franxx :/

Nov 13, 2018 2:24 PM

May 2014
noo don't talk about it I haven't seen it yet, rip spoiled now, gg gonna commit sudoku.
Nov 13, 2018 3:08 PM
Aug 2016
It was terrible since the very beginning, period.
Nov 13, 2018 5:12 PM

Sep 2018
Older_than_dirt said:
Where to begin with this one... hmm.

Bloe said:

You do know that every show in the database has it's own discussion area, right?
You didn't have to wait months, you could have been talking about the show this whole time.

Nobody cares if you think it's overrated, especially since you don't bother to explain why you think it stopped being "good" after ep 15.

I sure wish you people would bring TP to wipe your opinion once you're done.

Congratulations! You have achieved the level of 'Disappointing' in the Non-Bait category.
Your name has been entered in the '2nd-Chance Special Mention Drawing', which will be held on December 31st.

Thanks for playing 'Hey I Didn't Even Read The First Line But I'm Gonna Answer Anyway'.

You really supported the discussion BTW.
And thank you for mentioning nothing about the series.

You have won 'God Level Irritating On Any Thread'
We are all Misanthropes

Made you learn

Nov 13, 2018 5:25 PM

Dec 2015
It was enjoyable until the middle. But on the last arc the author didn't care about making some sense on the plot. I was just accepting what I was watching, because I didn't care about anything anymore. And personally this is one of the worst things that can happen to a show. Because the first arc of the series was good, I didn't gave it a 1 or 2 (I gave it a 4 by the way), but honestly it was one of the most desapointing shows of the year for sure. But of course, it's probably going to win everything along with MHA on the Crunchyroll awards, because popular vote
Nov 13, 2018 8:53 PM

Jul 2017
it starts out promising but ends up miserably
it has potential to become a great anime yet it fails a lot of peoples expectations at the later half of the series
though i admit the concept of the show is very unique and original soundtrack is amazing
Nov 13, 2018 9:00 PM

Oct 2010
It was fine and very entertaining, I liked the fights and the character interractions, some of them even had sex.
The last fight though it was a gurren lagann copy, weird because 02 and hiro said they wanna live together and travel the world, what happened to that? They didn't deserve to die like heroes.
Maybe gridman will fill the hole in my heart left by ditf ending or I'll just read the manga.
Nov 13, 2018 10:19 PM

Sep 2016
Bloe said:
Older_than_dirt said:

Thanks for playing 'Hey I Didn't Even Read The First Line But I'm Gonna Answer Anyway'.

What discussion?
You do understand how a discussion works, right?
You either start off with a topic with some points of issue or contention, and then ask for input from others about them, or...
You ask questions about certain points, (with the optional part) you then offer your opinion/point of view about them.

The entire thread was just a rant blog, so that you could let everyone know what your opinion of the show is.
No details explaining why you have your opinion, just a vague reference to episode 16 as some key turning point.
No counter points for why you don't agree with the show getting all those "upvoted reviews", just that you don't think it deserves them.

Claiming a show to be overrated, no matter how you word it, isn't a discussion starter.
You're never too old to watch anime.
If I ever stop watching anime, check my pulse I'm likely dead.

I wake up with coffee & anime, I go to sleep with coffee & anime.

Sorry if my sarcasm is bad, it's not my first language.

Nov 13, 2018 11:50 PM

Apr 2018
I thought it was going to be something like KlK with the doggy-style mecha piloting but then it made the fatal mistake of trying to have a serious story

Sorry but I just can't lol

To summarize: Mediocre to begin with and ended up even worse
Nov 13, 2018 11:54 PM

Feb 2018
noooo
another franxx thread

whyyyyyy just make a review dude
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 13, 2018 11:58 PM

Feb 2010
Nooooooooooooooo

wrong section

get out of here stalker

no one wants your radioactive stuff.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Nov 14, 2018 1:02 AM

Sep 2018
hazarddex said:
Nooooooooooooooo

wrong section

get out of here stalker

no one wants your radioactive stuff.

"People are very nice here" - said no one ever on MAL
We are all Misanthropes

Made you learn

Nov 14, 2018 1:11 AM

Sep 2018
Older_than_dirt said:
Bloe said:

What discussion?
You do understand how a discussion works, right?
You either start off with a topic with some points of issue or contention, and then ask for input from others about them, or...
You ask questions about certain points, (with the optional part) you then offer your opinion/point of view about them.

The entire thread was just a rant blog, so that you could let everyone know what your opinion of the show is.
No details explaining why you have your opinion, just a vague reference to episode 16 as some key turning point.
No counter points for why you don't agree with the show getting all those "upvoted reviews", just that you don't think it deserves them.

Claiming a show to be overrated, no matter how you word it, isn't a discussion starter.

I guess I'm sorry for not discussing it but the thread was never about why I think it was good.

It was always about if it deserved all those hate despite being kind of good.

I know every expects 10 paragraphs from a person who makes a topic but I clearly mentioned that it was good till episode 16.
We are all Misanthropes

Made you learn

Nov 14, 2018 1:14 AM

Nov 2016
The only time it was good was when it ended
Nov 14, 2018 1:17 AM

Aug 2017
The show deserve all those upvoted reviews. It was never good in the first place.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 14, 2018 2:45 AM

Aug 2017
i enjoyed darling in the franxx too. but i am an easy to please person so that’s probably why. i think those upvotes on the negative reviews came from the people who were very disappointed with the end/endpart of darling in the franxx. i would have liked more of a happy ending more where the hero and heroine (hiro and zero two) were still there with the other characters. all in all i thinkj that darling in the franxx was an entertaining anime with a not so good end.
Nov 14, 2018 3:50 AM

Jun 2017
Who tf cares about MAL reviews. Its filled with retards going through the 'anime elitist' teen phase anyways. I agree though, the show don't really deserve those reviews, they were more balanced before the ending(I think it was 1, 4, 10, & 9 before?) but the positive reviewers never updated the reviews since so they just got buried into the bottom, but on the other hand many have expressed critical backlash too due to the negative reviews, I have seen many posts from late watchers asking whats so bad about it to deserve those reviews(Even Digibro said he didn't understand the bile). Personally I think its a well directed and nicely animated anime with average story and few decent characters I guess, maybe it was too popular for its own good, certainly not the kind of show for everyone especially with all the romance and melodrama that you would more likely find in some slice of life soap opera than a mecha show. Also the last 6 episodes were the most quickest and steepest fall in quality and retardness I have seen in recent years and the ending was just bad and disappointing, no way to put it in any other way. Just forget and get over it and enjoy seeing the same retards seething and raging over SAO but this time to no avail instead.
AriavartanNov 16, 2018 8:28 PM
Nov 15, 2018 12:11 AM

Jan 2013
Well, what can I say... It's truly one of the WORST anime ever made! 2/10

Note: If it didn't have episode 13 (the only good thing on it), it will be just a 0/10, lol!
Nov 15, 2018 8:23 AM
Jan 2016
Ayy it's Mass effect all over again except the big bayyed aliens survive and series probably maxed out on every main stat it was good at(like relationship, backstory, love) like a doujin with every fokin tag it can shove in the girl \ _ / also good to see Mal's degeneracy has gotten low of "kawaii otaku desu Japan banzai" peeps but we got more commies and fascist here but I still dream of the time where libertarians that fund private cat girl research companies inhabitaning this nuclear waste EKSDEE
Nov 16, 2018 5:57 AM

Jun 2017
NOooooo

I don't really know anymore.
But I would also say that I remember loving some of the episodes.
Nov 16, 2018 8:17 AM

Sep 2018
Nurguburu said:
The show deserve all those upvoted reviews. It was never good in the first place.

Do you mean subvoted reviews? Cause that's the case.
We are all Misanthropes

Made you learn

Nov 16, 2018 8:21 AM

Sep 2018
thewiru said:
No, you're all wrong.

Darling in the FranXX was bad until episode 10, having lot's of filler episodes and episodes where basically nothing plot-relevant happens.
Episodes 12-18 are top tier.

I didn't mind the VYRM plot, though some people reacted to it like it was "THE WORSE THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO ANIME".
The post-VYRM episodes on earth where very good, with the exception of episode 23, which sucked.
Episode 24, on the other hand, was a masterpiece.

This is the most unique opinion I have seen about the show.
You are actually correct in a way but episodes 1-10 were super important
We are all Misanthropes

Made you learn

Nov 25, 2018 5:08 AM

Feb 2015
It was kinda good, then good, and then shit.
I could hardly enjoy the series in the last eps and just forced myself to finish it.
It deserves all the hate it gets.
I'm watching anime since 2012. I also play games, sometimes.

Don't bother me if you want to 'become friends' or things like that.
It's tiresome. I know you just want to collect some meaningless numbers.
Thought: How many people sparked H. Charlotta just for blue pot?
Nov 26, 2018 4:23 AM
Jan 2018
I loved most parts of it epsically around the middle then I got pretty depressed when I figured out where it was going and tried very hard not to believe it... then the statue crumbled and there souls floating through space after the explostion that's when I lost it. And seeing everyone els living there life made it even worse and I just felt sad on the verge of tears and gave me movie flashbacks of a movie I had watched but coulnt remember the name. Then the ending nailed the spike into my chest and twisted even harder.

But hey that's just me everyone view on something is different and alot of people like a series alot of people dislike one.
That's the way the world works if everyone liked the same thing it would be a very boring world. It would be like the Lego movie where the whole town sings that everything is awesome
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

65 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 24, 3:12 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 5, 2018

364 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 23, 1:15 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 21, 2018

707 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 23, 12:34 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

640 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 22, 2:04 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2018

282 by louiboui08 »»
Apr 21, 6:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.