3It was OK
19.1%
2Disliked it
2.6%
1Hated it
2.6%
Average 4.1
235 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 13, 2018 2:05 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Holy shit, the entire forest is burning. This really turned into a war.

At least they got Asta's arms healthy again. It looks like the witches are lucky to have someone like Asta on their side fighting now. They need all the help they can get.
Nov 13, 2018 4:40 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
A pretty average episode at best, it looks like they went down with the animation again, it's been a running theme with this show for as long as it's been airing, we shall only get the crispy stuff on big fights and some parts of the opening and ending theme songs it seems. They would really do the show justice if they were to make it a seasonal Anime.
I guess the witches are 100% confirmed feminists, I love how Black Clover didn't ignore that aspect from the real world, a cancer group of people, the arc is going to make for great feminists cringe compilation, the should really have Ben Shapiro as a character here.
I'm really pumped for the encounter of Fanzell and Mars, and even more so, Mars and Fana, that would probably end this arc by having her switch sides or something. She seems to be brainwashed more than being a pure loyal follower of the Eye of the midnight sun.
I reéally love the design of the witch queen, her voice actress is doing a really great job at putting the great tone for the snobby figure she is.
A little side note, Vanessa's threads shouldn't have been able to carry Asta's sword? Aren't they supposed to negate magic?
Nov 13, 2018 6:09 AM

Nov 2016
Okayish episode, my biggest complain is probably that Astas arm were healed just like that. It was a fine scene, but I was hoping for a bit more.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 13, 2018 6:46 AM

Dec 2014
welll this just got big all of a sudden to think there was stone here...welll I am not that surprised though
Nov 13, 2018 6:56 AM

Feb 2013
Wow, she really fixed and upgraded his arms like it was nothing.
Nov 13, 2018 8:06 AM
Apr 2014
Fuck they changed a bit from the manga.

1. Vanessa should not be able to stop Asta's sword using her thread magic. That didn't even happened in the manga. She was suppose to stop using her own hands.
2. In the manga, Asta's sword is actually sharp enough to slightly cut through his arm.
3. Shit animation as always

I'm afraid how the aftermath of this battle will be animated.. either they gonna change that too or censor it.
Nov 13, 2018 8:09 AM

Jul 2017
Another slow but mainly comedic filler before the big action.

Shit just got real again with Fana the 2nd of the Third Eye and the Diamond Kingdom taking advantage of the remains...which is pretty much the 5th 13-episode arc.

Regardless, Asta's arms are back to normal now. Don't know how that happened within a flash...

Animation really took a hit this episode, feels cheap.
Nov 13, 2018 9:36 AM

Jan 2008
Viz said:

1. Vanessa should not be able to stop Asta's sword using her thread magic. That didn't even happened in the manga. She was suppose to stop using her own hands.
2. In the manga, Asta's sword is actually sharp enough to slightly cut through his arm.

I'm afraid how the aftermath of this battle will be animated.. either they gonna change that too or censor it.

I noticed that as well. #1 is definitely the most stupid. And I'm going to go with censor considering #2 wasn't shown. So that being case, I very much doubt THAT scene will be animated and be completely censored. If they do, colour me surprised.

And for those who say Asta was healed too quickly, be patient.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Nov 13, 2018 10:27 AM

Oct 2012
Asta's attack was cool and there's a ton of new enemies but the episode did not provide enough build-up or character-development to provide the tension and weight a battle like this deserves.
Nov 13, 2018 11:29 AM
Nov 2018

Opinion

Opinion.

[quote=kevin_video message=56219953]
Viz said:

I noticed that as well. #1 is definitely the most stupid. And I'm going to go with censor considering #2 wasn't shown. So that being case, I very much doubt THAT scene will be animated and be completely censored. If they do, colour me surprised.

I do not remember any censorship in the anime honestly .....

Viz said:

The plot is the same except for the mistake of the Vanessa threads,

I notice however that the anime is giving names to all those characters unnamed in the manga, who knows if the author has anything to do with it.
Thinghest32Nov 13, 2018 11:33 AM
Nov 13, 2018 11:51 AM
Oct 2017
8 episodes. It took only 8 episodes for our hero to recover from wounds that should debilitate him for life. Hell, it's 6 episodes if you discount the two flashbacks and only 4 since he was told they couldn't be healed. And it seemed almost TRIVIAL to heal his arms. Good thing the Midnight Sun attacked or else this never would have happened, it's not convoluted at all!

I really can't stand moments in these kinds of shows where they treat something life changing or terrible with barely a thought and fix it episodes later. It's bad, lazy writing. And at this point I expect little better from Black Clover.

It's just hilarious to me how much this show doesn't understand the nature of its own genre, it's like copying off of the worst student in your class.
Nov 13, 2018 12:42 PM

Jan 2013
Thinghest32 said:

Opinion

Opinion.
So you're saying that this episode's animation is good? LOL
Nov 13, 2018 1:31 PM

Jul 2017
That was a sloppy episode. Asta's arms recovery felt way too anticlimactic to me. Just it was too quick and felt too easy for that to happen.

Animation also finally dipped back into the bad levels that it had for a long time.

Black Clover was taking a step forward with the past few episodes, but it took 2 steps back with this one.
Nov 13, 2018 1:38 PM
Jan 2016
Good episode!

So witch forest as became a battlefield, being attacked by Fana and Diamond, we will see more about Mars, funny when Asta looked happy seeing him alive!

Mvp Noelle when she talked to witch queen!

I am glad that Asta's arms are healthy again!

And witch queen besides being really strong she can't defeat Diamond and Fana alone, so she got lucky about having Asta and other there!

Hyped for next episode, curious to see how Fanzel will fight too!
Nov 13, 2018 2:26 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
My the witches forest sure become rather popular suddenly. Its nice seeing Vanessa's determination in trying to fix Asta's arms by learning rare magic. Noelle sure was brave talking to the queen like she did though. The team's punishment of Asta after his recovery was amusing. Asta's way of dealing with the midnight sun commander sure was creative. Fana looks to be quite the tough foe so looking forward to seeing how this fight goes next ep.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 13, 2018 2:38 PM

Jun 2009
Asta fanboying over Mars ... i totally was feeling the same as him i guess at that moment :)

looking forward for next ep i really have too say im starting too like it soo far quiet alot
Nov 13, 2018 3:46 PM
Tuturuuuuuu

Sep 2016
I really want to keep watching the anime but it is A LOT worse than the manga.... it should had been paused for 1 or 2 seasons... That scene that Asta hit himself with the sword was really awfull.... damn... I higly recommend you to take a look in the manga....
Nov 13, 2018 4:41 PM

Apr 2016

LOL! This creeper.
He's gonna be roasted pork even if it's just a slight touch on Fana. XD

Anyway, I like this episode in terms of the events happened.
Animation is still below par though.

The queen healed Asta's arms so quick like what?
I wonder what it is about when she mentioned she'll gonna have Asta's anti-magic and Vanessa's magic too.

I look forward when Mars meets Fana. :3
Nov 13, 2018 5:10 PM
Apr 2014
Thinghest32 said:

Opinion

I do not remember any censorship in the anime honestly .....

The animation is terrible.. and they did edited the part where Asta tried to cut his arm

Manga panel

https://imgur.com/ocxHMzA

Nov 13, 2018 5:12 PM

Jan 2017
Well. That episode was pretty anticlimactic. I was falling asleep... But it seems to pick up next week.
My only question is why did finral's not call for back up; although the forest of witches act as a sovereign state, it was in their best interests to cooperate. Any ways...
Nov 13, 2018 5:27 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, glad to have Asta's arms back xD
Btw i thought about the Witches Village and i wonder how they reproduce if they hate men? xD I'm very curious about that hahah or maybe there are some secrets xD

It will be a tough battle, especially with fights going on both sides... i hope there will be some reinforcements.
Oh and also, where is the super mega strong Witche's Forest that everyone was talking about? Because i can't see it xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 13, 2018 5:51 PM

Oct 2015
I didn't expect The Diamond Kingdom to appear, that was sudden but it looks like Mars and Ladros will fight Zell. I really want to know their back story.

The queen sure healed Asta faster, proving how really powerful she is. Those witches sure hold strong feminists views, but it was funny nonetheless.

I'm really glad Asta is back in fighting mode and it seems he is stronger too.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 13, 2018 8:36 PM

Sep 2017
Asta's arms were basically healed out of plot convenience with the forest being attack by two different forces like that. Even with that I was kinda surprised the Queen changed her mind so easily and fixed him up in seconds.

Also gotta love the tentacle rape captain who wanted to kidnap those girls. "That's the guy that killed Vetto! Better underestimate him real quick!"
Nov 13, 2018 9:33 PM
Aug 2015
The queen is planning something. It's not like she healed Asta for that reason only.
Nov 13, 2018 9:59 PM

Jan 2008
I didn't think it was going to be healed that fast. It was literally get in bubble and bam, perfect heal. I mean for all the trouble the show makes it to be, it was way too easy and convenient.
Nov 13, 2018 10:31 PM
Aug 2017
So it’s basically a feminist forest lmao. Loving this anime since first ep Glad people are starting to like it too based in the ratings
Nov 14, 2018 7:36 AM

Oct 2008
well that was insanely quick! Asta's arms are healed like it's nothing...no impact. but anyway, fun episode nonetheless...
4/5.

Nov 14, 2018 9:30 AM

May 2018
[quote=Viz message=56219367]Fuck they changed a bit from the manga.

Really?! Wow, they should've stick to the manga.
Nov 14, 2018 10:28 AM
Mar 2015
A call to arms for Astat Kick those Eyes
Nov 14, 2018 2:16 PM
Mar 2018
The animation quality is seriously lacking in many places and it is falling apart. The fire spirit salamander should have been crimson red in colour but instead it was given a pink colour; are you kidding me!!!! In the episodes back when the 3rd eye were introduced the salamander had crimson red colour, so why turn it pink. And the 'clang' sound was so awful when Asta was striking down the Eye of the midnight sun members using his sword.
Nov 14, 2018 11:43 PM
Jun 2017
the forest has been burned!!!! and its now going to be a rumble as eye of midnight sun, diamond kingdom generals will be dealt by witches, and Asta's friends...

and congrats for asta for able to recover his arms... hahaha
Dec 4, 2018 7:36 AM

Jan 2009
Asta's arms are healed - instantly starts doing pushups.
Feb 23, 2019 11:31 PM
Dec 2017
I love how Asta's arms were healed and then they just started beating up on him. Lol. Also, it's nice to see Vanessa acting in a way that's vastly different from the chill drinker we've come to know.

And oh boy... That girl with the pink hair from Eye of the Midnight Sun is back. I have a feeling that she might be just as annoying/infuriating as Vetto...
Mar 13, 2019 6:51 AM

Mar 2016
I'm getting more and more curious as to how Yami convinced Vanessa that fate doesn't mean shit and especially what Vanessa's fate actually is...

Bruh, Noelle literally just convinced the Witch Queen to fix Asta's arms just like that, and now they're even sturdier too! Quite an underwhelming way to get the arms fixed, but I'm hoping something good will come out of these now sturdier arms of Asta.

Lol Asta is immune to their punches, the whole of Asta is hard and dense, including his muscles and his ability to detect actual romantic feelings that girls had on him.
ShadowkillZMar 16, 2019 7:08 AM
Aug 8, 2019 4:43 AM

Sep 2012
oh asta he never changes 😂
Mar 25, 2020 3:10 PM

May 2018
it's turned into a massive war xD
May 15, 2020 11:21 AM

Mar 2019
I just want to fking kill those witches.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jan 5, 2021 3:42 AM

Dec 2013
I'm actually really impressed with how easily the queen healed Asta's arms. She made it looks so easy!

Other than that it was another meh episode.
May 13, 2021 12:06 PM
Mar 2021
Sorry for this one but Finral is soo cute, i mean "it is my magic to love all ladies."
And do i just think Ladros is similar to Hisoka?
Jun 11, 2021 9:00 AM

Jun 2020
The Queen really is powerful healing Asta's arms as quick as that

So the Eye of the Midnight Sun is planning on attacking the forest as well as the Diamond Kingdom taking advantage of the situation, They really need reinforcements here glad that Asta's back and running even stronger I suppose, These witches do have a really condescending personality even though they're saved by Asta

This war between the three parties can really go badly if things aren't controlled as such

(P.C. Mars eating noodles nice I didn't know they have one here)
Jun 28, 2021 11:03 PM

Dec 2012
Both Midnight Sun and Diamond Kingdom are coming.
Mars.
Vanessa is awake.
The queen healed Asta.
Asta beat them.
Dat ending.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jul 27, 2021 7:26 AM

Mar 2015
Asta's arms are back wew!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 10, 2021 7:29 AM

May 2015
So...the witches are feminist. Ugh...instatnt turn off. xd
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 10, 2021 11:36 PM

Jul 2015
Asta's arms got cured real fast there, not that I mind now that he's ready for battle again although saving those ungrateful witches doesn't sound very motivating.

Feb 27, 2022 2:30 AM
Jul 2018
In truth, I'm disappointed by this episode, slow pacing, bad animation( and what the hell is that dragon? I'm not watching a kids cartoon) and unnatural interaction between characters.
Black clover is a great anime but this episode was not good at all!!
Mar 13, 2022 1:10 AM

Jun 2020
M A R S♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Asta glad to see Mars again lmaoooo U & ME BOTH ASTA, U & ME BOTH....

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jun 2, 2022 11:30 AM
Apr 2022
Yeah so it looks like were back on track for some fire episodes. I love the build of the witch queen she sick AF. I dig her outfit and make up she reminds me of the characters from Mashle. Also totally dig the fire spirit hatred lady she is super cool. She seems like she could be one of mars's friends from way back she even has the little diamond in her head. Im also wondering what the red lines on the eye of the midnight sun capos faces. Looks like the praying mantis guy has the same Lins I wonder if they are all not human. Anyway good stuff, things r heating up fosho.
Jul 27, 2022 8:36 PM

Jul 2016
Ulquiorra said:
Wow, she really fixed and upgraded his arms like it was nothing.

BUt she also said she would own his power so I assume she is going to fuck Asta up later somewhoe.
Nov 23, 2022 1:27 PM

Mar 2010
Pink haired gal is a cunt but damn she do be looking fine when she is pissed.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 3, 2023 2:39 AM

Apr 2019
they finally convinced Lady Dimitrescu to heal up Asta's arms but i don't think the Queen would do this for free, i mean she did say she'll have both Asta and Vanessa. Anyways can't wait for Fana to reunite with Mars
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 126 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2020

75 by DrCarlosRamos »»
Apr 25, 10:14 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 144 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2020

35 by Vindicater »»
Apr 25, 5:06 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 143 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2020

49 by Vindicater »»
Apr 25, 3:49 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 142 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2020

71 by Vindicater »»
Apr 24, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 141 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2020

75 by Vindicater »»
Apr 23, 9:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.