Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 3, 2018 8:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Whoa, finally got to see more Asuna this season. It wasn't long but she's there and in her real life character too. Even Klein is back.

Plus, there's also others like Silca, Sinon, Leafa, Liz, etc showing up in the game world. Got a thrilling vibe from the episode as the suspense built up. Kirito is still unconscious in the real world too.

Definitely an important episode for this season with the amount of storytelling imo.
Stark700Nov 3, 2018 8:30 AM
Nov 3, 2018 8:26 AM

Nov 2007
Asuna girl's point of view after Kirito guy getting attacked. It seems like his body's sent to the hospital and the two girls are worried. Brain damage...

That guy who recommended the part-time job appeared. He recommended the hospital to transfer to.

No visiting allowed, though. Different hospital?

Fairy girl sensed he's sent to both places, but he's not there... And that last place is not even hospital.

The lady that Kirito guy's interested used to be involved in the first? game. She's in California.

Ocean Turtle? strict security... The screening they see is the world Kirito guy is currently in.

Asuna girl went in as her assistant. I guess the answer to where his body will be answered (and the plan according to the title) next.

Seeing the ED credit... one of the song of virtual idol from the movie is used...
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 3, 2018 8:35 AM

Apr 2015
Well this episode was pretty much a straight upgrade to the source.

I read the respective content before hand and I can't see anything that was cut. The opposite actually, they expanded on several things.

They expanded a little bit on the scenes with Asuna Suguha & Kirito's mom hearing the diagnosis.
Kikuoka never appeared in the hospital in front of Asuna & co but instead was not reachable even on his phone ( Great change imo )
They had waaay more side characters involved both in the actual dialogues & investigation to what was going on ( Always good cause they got kinda shafted there )
They neatly tied Ordinal Scale into the canon.
They added a completely original scene with Rinko & Kayaba ( or took one that appears later and put it in there but I doubt it ).

So yeah, really well done. Considering that all of this matters big time it's great to see that it isn't rushed.
Nov 3, 2018 9:16 AM

Feb 2008
Well done Asuna-kun.
Now you came this far there is no need to hide anymore. :P

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Nov 3, 2018 10:01 AM

Jan 2009
nice one Asuna now next episode will know what Project Alicization is about

there is a drop in drawing and animation quality on this episode though but not by much
Nov 3, 2018 10:03 AM
Mar 2018
Mama, now it's your turn to find papa. Hell yeah, way to go, Reki Kawahara!
Nov 3, 2018 10:17 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Pretty good ep.

Like alot how it focused on Asuna trying to track down Kirito the whole time. Very excited to see how things turn out.
Nov 3, 2018 10:22 AM
Feb 2018
I honestly dislike the way most of the already known characters are animated. Asuna (real) and Sinon are okay, but Klein looks quite bad somehow, and the ingame avatars of all have changed quite a bit, sadly. And seriously, Suguha/Leafa with barely any breasts? That was even part of the story...

In contrast to that, the story is really nice.
Nov 3, 2018 10:23 AM

Nov 2016
Back to the real world.

Lol, Asuna had to be the blonde woman after they didn't show us her face.

Didn't enjoy this episode as much as the others, but it was still interesting. And it seems like there will be a big reveal next time, looking forward to it.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 3, 2018 10:27 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This is only a crackpot theory for now but I have a feeling that either Eugeo or Alice might be some love child between Kayaba and this new Doctor Lady

Man its interesting how deep Kayaba's past is lol, I REALLy wanna learn more about it as well as what's the whole deal with Rath
Nov 3, 2018 10:28 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

It was pretty interesting to see what happened in the real world after the events of episode 1.

It's real nice to see how everyone tried to figure out what happened and I liked that Asuna is finally getting some time to shine. She was kinda neglected as a lead heroine into sort of a bystander from the second half of S1, Ordinal Scale improved that a bit and it's nice to see that she has a much stronger role to play here.

I liked the scene where Yui told Asuna that it was her turn to find Kirito now.
I'm pretty none of us viewers would've been fooled by that Asuna disguise. Though I'm surprised how quickly they managed to get in considering the Doctor was supposed to be in California but hey not too big of a deal.

We also got some decent insight into what's going on behind the scenes so yeah well done. xD
Looking forward to next week to learn more about Project Alicization.
Nov 3, 2018 10:32 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
good god..

i forgot how fine AS FUCK Asuna was...

holy shit shes gorgeous...
Nov 3, 2018 10:35 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Interesting episode that did well in showing the events that happened between Kirito's wounding in the real world and what Asuna and their friends did to find the truth. The prognosis sure was grave. The mystery behind Kirito's body's disappearance was intriguing and it was interestings seeing Asuna and the girls do a little detective work to find out whats going on. The ocean turtle huh. To think that Rath will be connected to the military though. But Asuna sure was smart in managing to convince Rinko to help her. Curious to see what happens next. But its nice we got to see Asuna again. Forgot how damm gorgeous she is.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 3, 2018 10:41 AM

Oct 2013
Nice to see things on the other side
Nov 3, 2018 10:47 AM
Jan 2012
I wish more main characters would be as assertive as what Asuna was in this episode
Nov 3, 2018 10:57 AM

Nov 2013
Gosh, they are talking like a robot for the entire episode, It irritates me so much.
I'll also bet that Tomohiko Itou will totally mad at those clunky storyboard, cause It's so goddamn awful ( unlike the script, though )
GethemalotNov 3, 2018 11:05 AM
Nov 3, 2018 10:59 AM
Oct 2012
Overall GREAT EP ! I been waiting for this for a while :D Need more Asuna :D

Fappa said:
Well this episode was pretty much a straight upgrade to the source.

I read the respective content before hand and I can't see anything that was cut. The opposite actually, they expanded on several things.

They expanded a little bit on the scenes with Asuna Suguha & Kirito's mom hearing the diagnosis.
Kikuoka never appeared in the hospital in front of Asuna & co but instead was not reachable even on his phone ( Great change imo )
They had waaay more side characters involved both in the actual dialogues & investigation to what was going on ( Always good cause they got kinda shafted there )
They neatly tied Ordinal Scale into the canon.
They added a completely original scene with Rinko & Kayaba ( or took one that appears later and put it in there but I doubt it ).

So yeah, really well done. Considering that all of this matters big time it's great to see that it isn't rushed.

They removed the Ambulance scene and didn't even mention that Kirito only lived coz Asuna knew the name of the drug ! otherwise he would die way before they figure out what was injected and what anti-dote they should uee.

but welp, dosen't matter that much i guess, It's fine since they did not cut the yui scene telling Asuna it's her turn to save find Kirito now. lol

btw the Rinko and Kayaba scene was in the novel, but it was much later, it's cool they are rearranging things a bit.

i think that scene happen when Rinko goes to the room they gave her in Ocean Turtle and try to sleep, in the bed, he get flashback of this scene in the bed with her and Kayaba.

Also they removed a few of that plot. like how they meet and the scene where he go and find kayaba's body after Aincrad start. ( plus a line Kayaba keep telling her in that scene which will repeat later )

but who knows maybe they do it later :D
Nov 3, 2018 11:03 AM
Dec 2017
Hahaha high school kids rule am i right guys

Let me just use my Virtual AI Fairy child to bypass government security and fly over to a secret project in the middle of the ocean

All in the power of love 😎
Nov 3, 2018 11:04 AM

Aug 2013
Pretty okay-ish episode.

So we see the continuation of what happened in real life and Kirito life is in danger.

Nov 3, 2018 11:18 AM
Jul 2012
I cant begin to express my suprise at how masterfully this episode was handled. What should have been 1.5ep got pushed into 1 without leaving anything out or feeling rushed, because of the beautfiul integration of the augma into the canon series and the smooth transitioning. Easily the best episode as of yet, without counting the amazing fight scene last week.
Nov 3, 2018 11:22 AM

Jun 2014
Thing have slowed down quite a bit from last episode to this one as we transition to the real world, but this one was pretty interesting. I like how assertive Asuna and co. were in trying to figure out the mystery behind where Kirito is, and I'm looking forward to learning about the Alicization project next episode.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 3, 2018 11:23 AM

Mar 2017
So finally revealing what happened after the incident that night. So Kikuoka and Rath is involved as expected. Asuna's disguise was nice lol.
Nov 3, 2018 11:25 AM

Sep 2014
That was probably my least favourite episode. The harem is just boring to watch for me even if it is involved with important stuff. At least I liked the connection with Ordinal Scale and we got to see the place where everything takes place along with part of the crew that is involved in the whole STL project. Now I'm intrigued to see what exactly this thing does that can be useful for medical use.
Nov 3, 2018 11:37 AM

Mar 2016
with each progressing episode, I have more faith in this season of SAO so far....I mean, people were calling it THE best arc of the story.
Nov 3, 2018 11:37 AM
Jul 2018
Yea the episode but ok and all but can we take a moment to honor that CG helicopter?
Nov 3, 2018 11:38 AM

Mar 2017
I am actually pretty surprised they decided to use two episodes for the explanations concerning the other side. But given the amount of information they will have to provide it surely isn't a bad idea. The connection to Ordinal Scale (not only through the Augma but also through Yuna's "Longing" playing in the car) was awesome!
It would have been nice to see the ambulance scene but it's not that big of a loss.

Edit: And I also liked the addition of the SAO scene. In general, everything connected very well in this episode.
IrongrettaNov 3, 2018 11:42 AM
Nov 3, 2018 11:41 AM
Jan 2018
MonkeyDMike said:
That was probably my least favourite episode. The harem is just boring to watch for me even if it is involved with important stuff. At least I liked the connection with Ordinal Scale and we got to see the place where everything takes place along with part of the crew that is involved in the whole STL project. Now I'm intrigued to see what exactly this thing does that can be useful for medical use.

orgianlly it was only supposed to be his cousin and asuana not the others
Nov 3, 2018 11:42 AM

Mar 2012
Somehow I'm a little displeased that they're only showing the small village and that big tower on the monitors. It's making me assume the Underworld is enclosed in a small area (the village, Axiom's church and the mountain's other side). I was hoping the Underworld to be way more open and big (continually expanding?) but from the look of it, it's like 1-2 floors of Aincrad?
Nov 3, 2018 11:44 AM

Mar 2016
Stormiverse said:
Yea the episode but ok and all but can we take a moment to honor that CG helicopter?

Unlike the horrid CG we got in Overlord III xD
Nov 3, 2018 11:50 AM
Jan 2017
When it comes to sword art online I am more interested in the game than anything but it was nice to see what was happening behind the scenes. In my opinion the whole Asuna spy thing was way too obvious because I noticed it right off the bat. This episode was boring compared to the rest but in a way necessary. I understand that it is fictional but these characters would not be acting the way they are if this was in real life.
Nov 3, 2018 11:51 AM

Jun 2017
That was a great episode. It was more boring in LN and they improved a lot from there. I don't mind them skipping the ambulance scene. It is not very important in the grand scale of things.
Nov 3, 2018 11:55 AM

Jan 2008
Yui has and always will be the biggest plot device in this show. Really hoping she doesn't find a way to Kirito and conveniently solve everything.

Overall, episode was a pretty boring. I guess when we have as many episodes as we're are getting, you can take your time with these kind of episodes.
Nov 3, 2018 11:57 AM

Oct 2013

Press F to pay respects
Nov 3, 2018 11:57 AM

Apr 2015
Tiande said:
Somehow I'm a little displeased that they're only showing the small village and that big tower on the monitors. It's making me assume the Underworld is enclosed in a small area (the village, Axiom's church and the mountain's other side). I was hoping the Underworld to be way more open and big (continually expanding?) but from the look of it, it's like 1-2 floors of Aincrad?

They'll get into the details of stuff like that next episode but it essentially has 1500km in diameter just for the flatlands alone. So yea it's very huge. We simply haven't been allowed to see much of it yet.
Nov 3, 2018 12:08 PM

Feb 2014
-Riptide- said:

Press F to pay respects

"F" sadly her chest is shrinking. maybe shes losing weight or wearing loose fitting clothes but still. bring back the wincest chest.
Around and around the cycle goes.
Nov 3, 2018 12:20 PM
Oct 2012
Tiande said:

UnderWorld is really big, not only there is a lot of village and city, the main city is also really big with like 4 Empire in it lol

and all of these aside, there is equally big Dark Territory !

Paul said:
Yui has and always will be the biggest plot device in this show. Really hoping she doesn't find a way to Kirito and conveniently solve everything.

Overall, episode was a pretty boring. I guess when we have as many episodes as we're are getting, you can take your time with these kind of episodes.

This EP was really important and i did not find it boring at all, plus it focus Asuna and her character a bit more, and I'm glad they are taking their time doing it, one of the reason first 2 season had a lot of flaw in development was coz they never did these kind of EP and only focus on showing action.

but anyway, Fear not, that if there is like 50 EP we have like 44 of them In UnderWorld. so a few in RL is needed ( plus later RL EP also got Action )

btw a bit of guessing Spoiler maybe,
Nov 3, 2018 12:22 PM
Jan 2016
Awesome episode!

Is always nice to see real world, and finally an episode with a lot of my goddess Asuna! At start when Asuna was about to cry, i was close to cry too hehehe

Was cool to see everyone working together to find Kirito, and Yui was MVP this episode, "Mama, it is your turn to find Kirito" as he did before. Love that moment.

In last part didn't expect the blonde girl to be Asuna, but i was suspicious about blonde girl!

Asuna is for sure the best girl for me! Her appearing there was a giant cliffhanger for me, that moment was wonderfull! "WHERE IS KIRITO"!

Seems like next episode we will learn about Alicization Project!

Btw, this episode was better than i tought, cause of turtle title i was thinking that Kirito and Eogeo would defead a turtle in underworls, lmao!
Nov 3, 2018 12:28 PM

Aug 2012
Quite the infiltration there, Asuna.
Nov 3, 2018 12:34 PM

Feb 2014

Asuna by the end of the episode
Around and around the cycle goes.
Nov 3, 2018 12:35 PM

Apr 2015
Limaolc said:

Btw, this episode was better than i tought, cause of turtle title i was thinking that Kirito and Eogeo would defead a turtle in underworls, lmao!

Wow haha. That's a surprisingly absurd yet interesting interpretation. I'm pretty sure Kawahara would implement something like that into Progressive.
Nov 3, 2018 12:47 PM

May 2018
Great episode. I really love Asuna <3 own
"No matter where you go, everyone's connected." Iwakura, Lain.

Nov 3, 2018 12:48 PM
Oct 2012
lol Look what i found :
https://imgur.com/ovLPgmb

someone highlighted the novel about parts that was removed or changed in this episode from the novel !

it's kind of too small tho, so I doubt i can read it lol

sadly i can't find the original poster for this lol
Nov 3, 2018 12:48 PM

Jul 2013
-Riptide- said:

Press F to pay respects
Holy fuck. Probably the saddest scene of the whole SAO. I'm still crying at such tragedy ;_;
Nov 3, 2018 12:51 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Positively surprised at how good that episode was tbh

And lol that Suguha comparison is hilarious
Nov 3, 2018 1:02 PM

Feb 2013
So they kidnapped Kirito, poor guys, they don't know how Asuna is when she's angry!
Nov 3, 2018 1:04 PM
Oct 2012
Illyricus said:
-Riptide- said:
Holy fuck. Probably the saddest scene of the whole SAO. I'm still crying at such tragedy ;_;

She got so sad that Kirito is brain damaged and missing that she deflated xD

but seriously, i didn't notice this at all when watching the EP, some ppl's priority of what to focus is quite interesting :P
Nov 3, 2018 1:09 PM
Oct 2012
Ulquiorra said:
So they kidnapped Kirito, poor guys, they don't know how Asuna is when she's angry!

idk if it was in this EP or will be later,
but in novel Asuna actually lift the guy by his shirt collar or something asking about Kirito or something :D
can't remember if he lift him up in air or just pull up tho xD
Nov 3, 2018 1:14 PM

Jun 2010
Tiande said:

The Village Eugeo and Kirito are coming from was a decent distance away from the mountains, and much further away from the Axiom Church. (The place with the huge tower.)

There are multiple villages spread out in different directions away from the church, and even a village in-between the church Eugeo and Kirito were coming from and the church.

What's shown on the monitor doesn't quote do the world justice.

Then you also have to consider that the Dark Territory has it's own huge expanse...
Nov 3, 2018 1:15 PM
Jan 2018
So everyone it's NOT A VIDEO GAME it's a simulation

it's basically the Matrix
Nov 3, 2018 1:18 PM

Jun 2010
-Riptide- said:

Press F to pay respects

Huh... That seems like an Animation error. I wonder if they will fix it for the Blu-Ray. Then we could say Sugu got a "BR" expansion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» My enjoyment of Alice is kinda ruined because of Darkness from Konosuba

BigBoyAdvance - Mar 24

11 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 24, 10:33 PM

» Anyone else lowkey prefer Alice to Asuna?

Marinate1016 - Jun 25, 2019

47 by Marinate1016 »»
Mar 24, 11:38 AM

» Kirito needs medical help cause this man’s been through it all

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 11

32 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 14, 9:57 AM

» I just finished this and ""O MY GOD ""

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Mar 2

43 by Fenyy »»
Mar 5, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2018

127 by Adr332 »»
Jan 19, 5:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.