Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 18, 2018 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
From the current main character cast, I think Tae Yamada is the craziest one. Even as a zombie, she's out of control.

Looks like we got some dancing in public with the cast in normal clothes. Fun stuff. Tae's movements looked the most zombie-like I love how they bailed after being confronted by that officer guy. Police sucks.
Oct 18, 2018 9:07 AM

Aug 2017
That CGI was hilarious
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2018 9:08 AM

Aug 2018
Didn't think it was as good as the first two episodes. Wasn't nearly as funny. God, that CGI was so bad XD
Tae-Chan and Kotaro are still the best in a mediocre episode
FireballKnuckleOct 18, 2018 9:23 AM
Oct 18, 2018 9:11 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Wasn't as funny as the first two episodes but I got a good laugh out of it a few times nonetheless

"A GO A GO A GO GO GO GO GO GO" I swear Mamoru is the last dumb ass on this planet LOOOOOOOL

And how the hell did they get Tae-chan to behave at the end of that performance xDDD Also I died when Sakura got the crap slapped out of her for something that she herself was going to say lol
Oct 18, 2018 9:21 AM

May 2013
yep, not nearly as funny as before; had some really good moments, but none of the really good stuff from before. I was afraid of this: when they focus on being too idol-like the show might not be as fun. Hoping they continue to change things up and can pull off some really good bits in the future. The cg was terrible. Hope they can avoid that as much as possible moving forward. I felt like director wasn't quite as funny this time either. They were really pushing a couple of bits with him that weren't as solid as before. Anyways, still decent but really hoping for better.
Oct 18, 2018 9:36 AM

Apr 2015
I wish the manager guy had more screen time, he is hilarious.
Oct 18, 2018 9:37 AM

Jul 2013
Was the CGI a parody of Love Live's performances. It was awkward as heck to see the main cats animated in CGI while the rest of people were hand drawn, normally it ends being the opposite, lmao. Also, for such a soft-spoken person, Junko sure has a powerful voice.

I was fearing my boi Policeman A wouldn't appear this episode, but thankfully he did, even if it was at the end. Sad he didn't shoot anyone this time.
Oct 18, 2018 9:38 AM

Jan 2017
I was afraid of this, the show going to the classic pop stuff eventually and looks like it's already here. A big step down for me, the wacky performances were one of the highlights. Well, I'm gonna stay anyway cause Mamoru keeps giving it all, gotta appreciate at least that.
Oct 18, 2018 9:40 AM

Dec 2014
Oof that CG. I wouldn't have minded if it was less than stellarly traditionally animated, like it doesn't have to be Idolmaster levels of detail. Throughout the performance I couldn't help but think "I hope there is a narrative purpose and not just because CG is far more convenient".

Producer dude's attempts at English was pretty funny, but other than that I wasn't really feeling this ep especially compared to last week's.
I need sleep.
Oct 18, 2018 9:51 AM

Jul 2017
Not as funny as the first 2 episodes. Looks like it's turning into a traditional idol show, which is a shame. The act went wrong, but not in a hilarious manner like the last 2 episodes, and only served to end the drama of the 2 girls who didn't want to be there to come and rescue the performance.

I thought the CG was OK, anyone who thinks it's terrible haven't been watching HIMOTE HOUSE from this season, now that's terrible!
Oct 18, 2018 10:26 AM

Sep 2017
I wish they keep doing the crazy stuff they did in ep.2, instead of going into the Love Live direction.
If the next episode is gonna be an onsen episode already, then it really get me worrying...
The problem with a lot of anime is that they are not bold enough to be crazy all the way through.
They're afraid of leaving the audience behind if they've gone too far on a single, original vision, so they lighten everything with familiar drama and feel-good messages.
Oct 18, 2018 10:27 AM

Dec 2012
3/5
weakest episode so far
Oct 18, 2018 10:38 AM

Feb 2014
As of this episode Lolicon must be changed to Lilycon. What a lovely cute kawai death musume~desu!

Tokoya said:
Also I died when Sakura got the crap slapped out of her for something that she herself was going to say lol

Yeah for some reason it was hilarious and mysterious at the same time. I wonder why Yuugiri did it so? Was it to maintain her postion in the group as the elder sister chara? Or was it just faulty?
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Oct 18, 2018 10:41 AM
Jan 2018
What's with manger giving them a stupid schedule.
Oct 18, 2018 10:41 AM
Sep 2017
That was some overlord level cgi right there
Oct 18, 2018 10:42 AM
Nov 2016
Weakest episode so far. Not a massive fan of the CG singing and dancing. Hopefully this isn't the direction the series continues to take. For me, the whole appeal of the first two episodes was how they played on the fact that they were zombies. If they end up singing and dancing like a normal girl group, it becomes just another idol anime. Hopefully it goes back to being wacky and weird as the series progresses.
Oct 18, 2018 10:42 AM

Oct 2017
Not as good as the previous episodes, the CGI could have been worse but it wasn't great. The rest of the episode was still good but had less funny moments.
Oct 18, 2018 10:44 AM
Nov 2017
Too much idol stuff
Oct 18, 2018 10:58 AM
Mar 2017
Today's episode was a great tribute to the horrible CG's of the idol animes.
As always producer Kotaro and his strange way of talking to the girls, he brings out their good laughs, congratulates them on their success with the rap concert, especially Sakura who was the star of the concert.
Now the girls must prepare a guerrilla concert with only one day of rehearsal.
The girls the first decision they make as a group of idols is to name Saki as leader and decide the name of their group of idols, which will be Franchouchou, thanks to the contribution of Tae. The moment Yuugiri mentions the smell made me laugh a lot, the reaction of the girls added to when they smell to see if there is no bad smell. For the bad luck of the girls, they do not manage to do their routine, the most funny moment was the bitch slap to Sakura, why? she was going to say the same thing that Yuugiri said, poor Sakura, she did not deserve it, besides Ai and Junko are still in their depressive mood. In the end the girls do their concert but the fall of Lily ruins the synchronization of the group, but Ai and Junko join and manage to finish the show but without the impact they had achieved in previous episodes.
This episode only had some good moments, it was not as funny and good as the previous episodes, but I think it goes hand in hand with the girls failing in their street show.
The next episode will be an episode of hot springs, yes zombie fanservice, I look forward to it.
Oct 18, 2018 10:59 AM

Mar 2013
Yuugiri pointing out the important point! Wonder if they really do stink?
What was my signature again?
Oct 18, 2018 11:09 AM
Jul 2018
I enjoyed this episode about as much as the others (aka a lot), but for totally different reasons. Episodes 1 and 2 were less cast-focused and more "Time to throw them into a show and watch the hilarity of them trying to pull it off, failing, and then doing so badly it somehow becomes legendary!"

This episode, on the other hand, felt more...character driven? We got a lot more moments with the other girls in focus, and the group has some great chemistry. I laughed a lot during times of them just conversing tbh. (also producer-san giving up with writing the title in english, lmfao)

The performance itself wasn't much special in terms of hilarity, also the cg wasn't the best oof, but 'hilarity' didn't seem like that's what it was going for, unlike episode 1 and especially episode 2.

I can see why some people would be turned off, since the past eps have been more focused on hilarity and almost parodying idol tropes, but i think they handled it really well. this cast is god tier, man, and it shows.

still loving it, 9/10

(also, is THE LEGENDARY YAMADA TAE slowly getting...somewhat more coherent? she's still definitely a zombie, but she seemed a lot more intelligent this episode. for a brain-dead zombie, that is.)

EDIT: oh my god, the possibility of this being an elaborate Love Live! parody episode is also an option (the title possibly implying it, the CGI would be a damn clever reference, and the overall somewhat generic "we've gotta get this together and be a proper idol group!" tone the episode had) and if it was...hats off to ya, zombieland. that'd be damn god tier levels of parody!!
removed-userOct 20, 2018 8:47 PM
Oct 18, 2018 11:11 AM

Jun 2017
Oh my god, they're even making fun of the classic terrible idol CGI.

I just fucking love this show.

Higurashi Gou is the worst anime in existence.
Oct 18, 2018 11:11 AM
Oct 2018
Yuugiri and Tae both remain as my favorite characters. But this episode wasn't as good as before, really. The CG sucked the life out of the animation. First part was good tho, I just wish that second part was less idol and more zombie.
Oct 18, 2018 11:15 AM
Dec 2013
Sometimes mocking a trope can turn to just be playing it straight.

If this episode was intended to be bad, well it did its job.
Oct 18, 2018 11:18 AM

Mar 2018
Goodbye Zombieblandsaga you will never be as good as the first 2 minutes from ep 1
poop
Oct 18, 2018 11:23 AM

Aug 2013
zombie was attacked by bad cg
Oct 18, 2018 11:29 AM
Sep 2012
Come on guys. At least the CGI wasn't as bad as the one in Overlord.
Oct 18, 2018 11:31 AM

Mar 2017
Franchouchou. Nice band name (what does it even mean?). Anyway even though their performance was a disaster, I actually liked it. Dance chronography was pretty awesome. That song was nice too. Glad to see Ai and Junko joining them later.
Btw Tae is the best zombie grill.
Oct 18, 2018 11:36 AM

Mar 2017
The CGI wasn't that bad. I've seen worse CGI in a lot of good shows.
Oct 18, 2018 12:02 PM

Jun 2014
Even if the bad CGI was meant to make fun of bad CGI in other idol shows, it was still not pleasant to look at.

Like others mentioned, this episode wasn't as good as the first two, hopefully the next episode will be a bit better.

Tokoya said:
"A GO A GO A GO GO GO GO GO GO" I swear Mamoru is the last dumb ass on this planet LOOOOOOOL

And lets not forget "Good vibes. Uh-huh. Good rhymes. Yeah." Lol his Engrish is the best.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 18, 2018 12:02 PM

Dec 2017
this is what i expected in Idol anime, a bunch of idol singing, the CG is not even that bad, as long as the song is good, im in. and that little fans is cute too, erything in here is cute.

and Yuugiri came up with the question of the day right there. everyone just laugh nervously, did they stink though?, they even take a bath so i think not.

and please just let Densetsu no Yamada Tae being like that for the rest of series.

she just look cute.
Oct 18, 2018 12:05 PM

Feb 2016
Weakest episode, not for the CG but for the common pop music.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 18, 2018 12:09 PM

Apr 2018
Am I the only one conflicted because of this episode?

The first and second episodes where so weird and out there that even though I didn't know what to make of them I still loved them and found the show hilarious.

This one was weak tea. The crappy pop concert was half the episode and we didn't get any weirdness...

well maybe when the geisha slapped her. I have no idea what happened there.
Oct 18, 2018 12:17 PM

Apr 2018
Minar-kyun said:
Franchouchou. Nice band name (what does it even mean?).

I think they got the wrong myth with the name.

Broken down the name is Fran / Chou / Chou

Fran = short for Frankenstein

Chou = slang that roughly translates to super or awesome.

So they're saying we are the super super Female Frankensteins!

Which they are not because they're each made of their own bodies not bits and pieces from all over the place... at least I hope they weren't LOL!
Oct 18, 2018 12:17 PM

May 2017
I'm going to be really ticked off if this turns into a normal idol show. It had such amazing potentional with the first two episodes.

If it does turn into a normal idol show, I do hope they at least give the producer more screen time to make up for the lack of comedy.
Oct 18, 2018 12:24 PM
Jul 2018
I don't know if it's just me, but I feel like the sloppy CGI dance was a reference to other idol shows and intentionally made like that.
Oct 18, 2018 12:36 PM
Dec 2016
Honestly with how everything was animated traditionally except their performance, I am certain that they're doing it on purpose just to make fun of other idol shows.
Oct 18, 2018 12:37 PM

Aug 2017
That CGI lol. Wasn't nearly as funny as the first two episodes. At least we have a more characterization of some characters. Tatsumi's escape lmao.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 18, 2018 12:41 PM

Jan 2013
they are gonna go generic cookie cutter idol group from here on out arent they?

Tae and Romero are still best zombies
Oct 18, 2018 12:47 PM

Jul 2017
This definitely didn't feel as fun as the previous 2 episodes. I don't know if the CG was an intentional take on poor idol shows CG from Love Live, but damn it looked weird.
Oct 18, 2018 12:57 PM

Dec 2013
they getting the angles right.

I actually prefer the group name "Green Face" lol
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Oct 18, 2018 12:57 PM

Nov 2016
I don't like to hate on CGI, but here it really took away some of the enjoyment.

Still a nice episode overall.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 18, 2018 1:08 PM
Sep 2011
I'm making a prediction. I bet Tae wakes up in the final episode.
Oct 18, 2018 1:11 PM

Dec 2014
ok so ...this episode was not enjoyable than the rest..came for something more but will continue on watching
Oct 18, 2018 1:11 PM
Nov 2017
hmm... it was kinda generic honestly. The CG was pretty damn bad I must say. The manager is still amazing, Mamoru is definitely the best for that role. Other than that it was pretty okay
Oct 18, 2018 1:12 PM

Jun 2016
Some people seem to forget that this is still a idol show even with the crazy comedy it has. Because i am already familiar with love live, bandori and those kind of shows i really enjoyed this episode. The cgi made remember the first season of love live were it was really bad but i have seen worse.. i dont know if it was their goal tho since they could have been doing parody of other idol anime so it didnt bother me at all.
Oct 18, 2018 1:19 PM

Dec 2017
oh no, no, no, damn it, please. i really hoped it would totally deprive from all the idol crap and this episode just ruined my hopes, what a disappointment...

i thought they will do some sort of "every episode different music style" kind of shit, but they went with the most typical idol crap drama with this cgi (which i hope was just mockery of what idol shows do)
uninstallthegameOct 18, 2018 1:22 PM
Oct 18, 2018 1:24 PM

May 2018
Franchouchou only have one fan and it's a girl, bad ep.
Oct 18, 2018 1:53 PM

Apr 2015
Not as good as the first two episodes, but still enjoyable! Anything can be said about the CG this episode, but it didn't bother me too much.

Oct 18, 2018 2:12 PM

May 2017
Yamada Tae continues to steal the show. I'm always finding myself looking to see what she's doing in any scene.
Forum sniper of MAL. Accuracy, efficiency. Beware the catgun.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2018

293 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 4:29 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2018

138 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 3:56 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2018

117 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2018

378 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 12:18 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2018

171 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 11:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.