Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 13, 2018 1:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, I think this show is still alright but Seth can be a bit childish to watch at times.

That other dude with the sunglasses and cape was all over the place this episode lol. The punch to the face though. I hope they introduce more variety of monsters later. That part is rather lacking at the moment.
Stark700Oct 13, 2018 8:59 AM
Oct 13, 2018 4:39 AM

Apr 2015
I'll be honest and say this is a bit boring actually. I did see the possibilities for a good anime in the first episode. Not this one. Hope the next will be better. I might be to old for this? Hahaha
Oct 13, 2018 4:51 AM

Aug 2013
I heard this series makes a parallel to many real life societal issues happening right now and...safe to say I'm seeing it now with this episode. I'd go into detail over what I think that means but out of respect of keeping politics away from a forum like MAL, I won't do it. All I'm gonna say is, I understand what the show is trying to set up but the presentation of it all just doesn't capture me. I'm really trying to wait until episode 6 to judge whether or not to continue this series; however, it's just...it is way too childish for its own good.
Don't believe the hype.
Oct 13, 2018 5:07 AM

Jun 2012
Pretty impressing how two episodes is not enough for the studio to adapt the FIRST CHAPTER ONLY of the manga. Almost nothing happened in this episode. How is it possible to fail that much?
Oct 13, 2018 5:33 AM

Aug 2018
Yup this is getting good
Gnyo ho!
Oct 13, 2018 6:13 AM

Sep 2017
Personally it was a bit boring, I honestly expected better - I really shouldn't have expected anything until I watched the episode... :/

My List
Hall Of Quotes
Set By Transience
Oct 13, 2018 6:22 AM
Jul 2018
I liked This episode and yes radiant is not original This is another shonen after all
Oct 13, 2018 6:30 AM

Aug 2017
I feel like the pacing is a little slow. Other than that it looks like a promising anime. Seems like they changed a few things which the fanboys are going crazy about but score and animation seem to be more than solid. So Im in for a good ride!
Oct 13, 2018 6:34 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I dunno what the rest of you guys watched, but to say that nothing happened is just baffling to me

The point of this episode was for Seth to learn and TRULY see the cold hard truth of how humans see Sorcerers regardless of their actions (And especially when it's their lives that are at stake) and then via this lesson, to have his resolve tested....This also opened the door to there being many types of potential hunters out there who don't just hunt monsters

From the second the Bravery Quartet guys came I knew something was fishy about them, so I wasn't surprised to see that they were actually thieves, and even though they deserve a good beating for that, what the old man said to Seth wasn't wrong either....Personally, and apart from Tommy, nobody in this town is worth saving imo

However, I really liked that despite how naive he is, he still kept his resolve in tact and refused to stoop to the level of the Quartet....But that brings me to really want to see where this kid is gonna go because this town won't be the only place with humans like this and the old man WAS definitely right too so I'd love to see Seth put in a position like this again to see how he'd deal with it

For me this episode was a whole lot better than the first and I'm interested in seeing how exactly did Seth stop that attack at the end (I'm guessing it had something to do with the fact that his gloves are gone)

TokoyaOct 13, 2018 6:38 AM
Oct 13, 2018 6:37 AM
May 2018
Shueisha said:
Pretty impressing how two episodes is not enough for the studio to adapt the FIRST CHAPTER ONLY of the manga. Almost nothing happened in this episode. How is it possible to fail that much?
I think so too, if there is one thing I really don't like about this show, then it is the pacing. I've read 4 chapters of the manga, and I think some of the changes are actually good, and some are weird and unnecessary, but overall I didn't mind any of those changes.
Oct 13, 2018 7:11 AM
Aug 2018
Im gonna play devil's advocate and say that I'm really liking this show, and see a lot of potential for it going forward. even though it's moving forward kind of slow, it has a 21 ep commitment, which, in my opinion, should be enough to move the story a decent ways forward without compromising on pacing. Even though its childish at points, i really like all the potential the world has, and feel that Seth might become a really interesting character throughout the course of the season if episodes like this keep reocurring.
Oct 13, 2018 7:15 AM

Apr 2018
Everything was good until the last minute asspull but maybe there will be a decent explanation to how he did that

Hoped that his teacher would come and stand right in front of him when he was trying to stop the laser

The op is great
Oct 13, 2018 8:07 AM

Aug 2008
Felt like a repeat of the first episode, nothing really new or surprising. The money-bag-into-the-face punch was great though.
Oct 13, 2018 8:13 AM
Aug 2015
Definitely better than previous episode. The Bossman told the bitter truth. I wonder what power does Seth have..
Oct 13, 2018 8:14 AM

Mar 2016
This is the first nemesis we are seeing, so it's better to end it in episode 1, yet it will even be present in episode three.

The people are just stupid. They ask for help when they feel like it, and go back to being arseholes when they feel like it. While it makes the villain's hate for them justified, it also makes them extremely unnatural. It sounds like they were just made to make the protagonist look heroic.

I still hate the tiny boy who is now tied up. When you can't fight, the most heroic thing you can do is run and save yourself. It will decrease the burden of someone who's fighting to save you.

I hate Seth already. He is weak, and still fighting. He should just create some traps and help the people escape. Or better, let the bigots die! The whole town is just a plot device! Why can't we have more intelligent protagonists like Light or Ciel or Lelouch?
Oct 13, 2018 8:16 AM
Jan 2015
OH look a cross between bleach and fairy tail.
The animation is so bog-standard it bores me. The story is barely existent, at least in this episode (nothing happens). and the soundtrack is completely forgetable.

1/5
--> Dropped
Oct 13, 2018 8:18 AM

Jul 2017
This was pretty boring.
Oct 13, 2018 8:24 AM

Dec 2009
Wow... that was awful... they successfully removed ALL the humour from the first chapter, killed Seth as a character and made Jiji who's the smartest of the Bravery Quartet looked like a fucking moron...

Also like I thought they definitely removed the scene where Seth kidnap the girl and her brother to save them from the nemeses... That was so disappointing to (not) see that but also so predictable from what we've seen from the first episode.

They even removed the scene where the Bravery Quartet tried to kill Seth by removing his gloves... that's so bad.

So far the adaptation is so bad I don't even know if I want to see them butcher Seth, Mélie, Doc, Grimm and the others anymore.

The last scene was the worst with Seth able to cast a Repulse spell with his gloves on, they definitely killed him as a character seriously.
Also he once again stated he wanted to become "the best sorcerer" WHAT THE HELL ??? They seriously haven't read the manga at this point there are so much clues with only these 2 episodes to confirm this.

I'll still watch the show to see just how bad it can go from there comparing it to the source material but seriously that was so bad... I'm curious of what people who will read the manga after that will think of the show afterwards...

This is so censored as fuck I thought I watched a 4kids edited episode... (yeah that was that bad). I wonder how they'll handle the future death scenes... but I'm pretty sure that the characters will just get the flu instead of dying... <__<
Oct 13, 2018 8:24 AM

Apr 2016
I honestly forced myself to stay awake and pay attention to this anime coz I really felt sleepy watching it... and this is just the second anime I watched today!

I hope next episode it won't be boring again. -_-
Oct 13, 2018 8:47 AM

Sep 2011
Poor Seth, he was ostracized, misjudged, and blamed by the people he wanted to protect, and on top of that he was deceived by the people he thought had put their trust on him, the first sorcerers he ever met. And the worst is that the leader of the quartet had a point, those people he is trying to protect are despicable. Well, not Tommy.
Oct 13, 2018 10:01 AM

Mar 2012
Too many reusage of that running scene hurts my eyes.
Oct 13, 2018 10:44 AM

Dec 2009
dzn018 said:
Too many reusage of that running scene hurts my eyes.
Yeah it also bothered me, the "One Piece still image" effect except it happened much later on the episodes to keep the pace with the manga releases while here it's just to annoyingly fill the episode...
Oct 13, 2018 10:47 AM

May 2015
I hope the villagers will realize how stupid they were. God that was frustrating to watch.

Still a enjoyable episode though
Oct 13, 2018 10:50 AM
Sep 2017
Whoa, this episode was ... bad, very bad. It hurts me to say that because i really love the manga Radiant, it's a very good manga with strong development and characters, but here ... All the humor, the seriousness from the original manga are gone here ! In the original manga, Seth cry when he realizes the manipulation of the Baverty Quartet and the fact that he was the one who allowed them to put their plan into action and that in the end, he is responsible for everything , it's really more touching in the original source :
Translated from the French by myself
Oct 13, 2018 10:55 AM
Sep 2017
Even the scene when the Nemesis is catch is failed ! In the manga, it show us the fact that a Nemesis is may be not that dangerous we think, Seth is even supprised that the Nemesis is not violent, as here there is nothing, all the reflexion part and the message are missed ! It's a full bull shit !

Scene from the manga :
Oct 13, 2018 11:59 AM

Dec 2009
Yeah they fucked up pretty badly the adaptation so far and we're only two episodes in... I'm going to continue watching the show to see just how bad they can go... but I really fear there won't be a Caislean Merlin arc... and even if they did it will be totaly devoid of what kept me interested and so passionate about the manga...
Batora07Oct 13, 2018 12:04 PM
Oct 13, 2018 5:21 PM
Dec 2016
DedPanda said:
I heard this series makes a parallel to many real life societal issues happening right now and...safe to say I'm seeing it now with this episode. I'd go into detail over what I think that means but out of respect of keeping politics away from a forum like MAL, I won't do it. All I'm gonna say is, I understand what the show is trying to set up but the presentation of it all just doesn't capture me. I'm really trying to wait until episode 6 to judge whether or not to continue this series; however, it's just...it is way too childish for its own good.

Inknow i shouldn't talk about the manga but you know, it'll be a shame to judge an anime just with 6episodes because (for me) rradiant sho me that it was original with a well-writted story with the 3rd manga, can't say why because it's spoil but please watch till this and you could make a true judgment. Thanks you to listen to a frog eater :3
Oct 13, 2018 5:42 PM
Jan 2018
Gostei do episódio de hoje. deu pra ver que o protagonista tem objetivo claro na cabeça. agora falta ver o quanto ele evolui nas lutas e nas magias estudando.
Oct 13, 2018 6:47 PM

Apr 2018
Enjoyable shonen so far, and i like the art style and the colors.
I don't read the manga so i don't care about the differences
Oct 13, 2018 6:56 PM

Jan 2015
Im liking it so far, didnt expect Brave quartet to backstab them(expected the old man to kinda be an All Might figure to Seth. Kinda didnt like the evil laughing(made them look like villains).
I kinda wished, they'd be shown in a more of a neutral way, like: "Its not us, its a life that made us like this" That'd make Seth even more conflicted, are they really wrong? or is it, because "normies"(lol) didnt accept them and discriminated against them. And then they wouldnt look like vilains that much.
As of now its still ok, Seth is still conflicted and we, viewers, dont entirely see Brave quartet at fault But could've been more, sympathy, i guess?

I like how they left Seth unharmed, saying, he will understand everything himself. Which leads me to think that maybe those guys were also like Seth, wanting to protect everyone but ended up being hurt by society.

Gotta love that Jiil(or whatever his name was :D) is stronger than boss, but he is just a carefree kinda guy, so he doesnt need any leader status lol. Or he is just pretending.
Btw i wonder why did the boss say, that his magic attracted the Nemesis. Is it because the cow(it looks like cow lol) was looknig for people to play with (poor soul) and the magic was like a signal, we are here, we are here. Or is it something more special, like Jill's magic is something special?

Anyway i can only imagine the endless path of possibilities that the story can lead to. Kinda excited as to what will happen, its pretty entertaining and good so far, hope it keeps up.

The 2 problems that i have, that will unfortunately stay for the rest of the anime are:
1) Recaps and flashbacks with long intro(tho i think intro will go, in an episode or two, tho watching black clover and seeing the same introduction for 4050 episodes, i have my doubts)
2)And the MC's voice, sorry i love Anne happy, but she is just not the seyuu for him :v No matter how hard she tries, her voice is too cheerful and happy, she will never sound intimidating or badass(which is kinda the point MC will get to) Also whenever Seth raises his voice, like yelling, it sounds just atrocious.
And unfortunately the L e g e n d a r y Ka-ka-ka laughing sounds so lame and girlish :(

btw thanks for new reaction image that i will use for normies
Oct 13, 2018 7:42 PM

Oct 2015
I'm starting to warm up to this series, Seth is really showing potential as an MC. Those Bravery Quartets were real scums but I get where they coming from, those Normie's are the lowest in mannerism but still to leave them like that.

Now I'm going to be really watching out for the next episode, I really can't wait what he's gonna do.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 13, 2018 9:34 PM

Nov 2017
I like it bcoz there is no improvement yet... there is still had a cliche that the weak MC had hidden power... ughhhh i hate this kind of cliche.
Now Loading.....
Oct 14, 2018 4:20 AM
Nov 2016
Batora07 said:
Also he once again stated he wanted to become "the best sorcerer" WHAT THE HELL ??? They seriously haven't read the manga at this point there are so much clues with only these 2 episodes to confirm this.

Ahah, I know, it bugs me a lot to since Seth explicitly states in the manga that he doesn't care about being the best sorcerer or whatever, he just want the Radiant to be destroyed.
Oct 14, 2018 4:28 AM

May 2015
It seems like there is no point in watching this if they change manga material so much. I haven't read it but the very reason I'm curious about the show is to see what's so cool about the french manga that they even adapted it... so far I guess it's better to just read it. But I can't say I'm overly interested in the world or characters.

This episode was pretty boring, a bit predictable that Quartet are the bad guys, and so fucking lame with all the citizens hating Seth like that. Come on, no one should be this stupid just for the sake of MC's emotional turmoil, meh.

I'll watch the next episode just to see how this battle ends. Ah, they really should have done it already. If everything is the same and nothing more interesting shows up, I guess I'd drop it.
Oct 14, 2018 5:16 AM
Oct 2018
This is starting to get good! A little slow paced though, didn’t think it would take more than 2 episodes for Seth to do something but after that ending my hopes are up for next week.
Oct 14, 2018 5:26 AM
Sep 2018
seth is such a cool mc
i hope his town can appreciate him after
Oct 14, 2018 7:25 AM

Oct 2017
Well, I honestly didn't see that betrayal thing coming cuz this anime originally gave me a very goofy vibe, and that group of people look very goofy too.
Maybe it's because I falsely interpreted this show as Fairy Tail 2.0 with its straightforward story-telling (bad guys don't try to hide they're bad, they just kill lolz)

But 2nd episode shows that this show is alittle bit deeper than I thought.
Honestly I feel like people are hating this show for no apparent reason other than it's alittle cliche, yet they like even more cliche stuff like Boku no Hero/ Fairy Tail too. Very strange indeed.
Ventus_SOct 14, 2018 7:32 AM
Oct 14, 2018 7:31 AM

Dec 2016
Are we supposed to care that the villagers were being robbed lol? Cuz fuck those assholes, idgaf
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Oct 14, 2018 8:42 AM
Sep 2016
I agree with some people that so far it has been a bit boring. I am willing to give the show at least one more episode to see if I will drop.

Oct 14, 2018 11:09 AM
Jan 2017
good episode i think 4/5
Oct 14, 2018 11:32 AM

Mar 2016
Too soon to drop this? I mean, I had some expectations with this one...
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Oct 14, 2018 4:42 PM

Jun 2012
This is more generic than I thought and it seems Lerche as usual as taken too many liberties changing things, no wonder manga readers are pissed.
Oct 14, 2018 4:55 PM

Nov 2016
I didn't expect the Bravery Quartet twist. Solid episode overall, guess next episode we're done with the introduction.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 14, 2018 6:09 PM

May 2017
Aizen's voice is so annoying, wish they'd had different narrator smfh
Oct 14, 2018 10:06 PM

Apr 2016
Holy shit this is boring. Why is everything moving at a snail's pace? Also, the background characters are annoying. I hate everyone on screen. Jesus.
Oct 15, 2018 5:16 PM

Jun 2013
i don't know it was meh at best
Oct 15, 2018 7:15 PM

Mar 2009
I thought this episode was much better than the first. Still waiting for the poofy/curly hair girl to show up.
Oct 16, 2018 9:24 AM
Sep 2016
At least it's better than ep1, but why are they taking that much time on the begining of the story, it the worst part of the manga and they make it even more childish. Hope they could hurry to Rumble Town arc or at least Artemis.
Oct 16, 2018 9:35 PM

Oct 2008
Keeps getting better and better!
at first we thought they were saviours but then next they were actually traitors!
For sure Seth save the villagers but after this conflict with the Nemesis, he should be confused and conflicted about what traitor said to him on being one of the Nemesis.
5/5.

Oct 17, 2018 12:35 PM

Jun 2014
So, the quartet were evil all along, but thankfully, it appears that Seth is more powerful than everyone thought, as he's the reason everyone in the bank is still alive.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Radiant Episode 15 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2019

33 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 7, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Radiant Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2018

37 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 5, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Radiant Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2018

29 by dark_spirit010 »»
Mar 12, 5:03 AM

Poll: » Radiant Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2018

52 by FedeMetal »»
Oct 25, 2023 6:09 PM

Poll: » Radiant Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2018

71 by FedeMetal »»
Oct 25, 2023 9:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.