Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2018 8:26 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yeah, this series definitely plays around with memory and uses it as a major theme along with time travel.

Donna is becoming a real pain in the ass to deal with and honestly, I think they need to get rid of her for good. Felt like the episode added even more suspense to the overall plot. I got mixed feelings about the pacing for this show now. Maybe it can still work out though.

Derrida should really need to calm down more.
Oct 3, 2018 8:28 AM

Jul 2017
It was alright. Pacing was a bit dodgy tbh.
Oct 3, 2018 8:39 AM

Mar 2018
suddenly trime travel for no fucking reason

liked the episode
Oct 3, 2018 8:54 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Just time travelling out of nowhere, no big deal.

Show stays interesting though.
Oct 3, 2018 10:12 AM

Feb 2016
This anime likes to time travel out of nowhere for no reason (and its not like the changes are that important) I wonder if there are bigger changes than just a broken camera lol

animejas said:
It was alright. Pacing was a bit dodgy tbh.

Huh, so I wasn't the only one who thought that something was off in this episode.

"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 3, 2018 10:25 AM

Jan 2016
The time travel and how exactly it works is the thing that's keeping me invested, because of this I'm enjoying it. The characters aren't bad but not memorable by any means, but it's enjoyable.
Oct 3, 2018 10:27 AM

Nov 2007
This felt so confusing to watch, but it stays interesting I guess.
Also had a good laugh with Derrida breaking down and Yuri calling him a crybaby XD
Oct 3, 2018 11:43 AM

Jan 2018
An alright episode. With only 12 episodes, I hope they're able to give all of these mysteries a good explanation.
Oct 3, 2018 12:59 PM

Aug 2018
I'm already sick of the "tick tick tick" that happens every 2 minutes...
I never lie on the internet. What's the point of it...
the chinese noodles ad is an anime and avatar isn't!
triggered

Check out my taste and my profile.
Oct 3, 2018 2:07 PM

Mar 2010
this assassin reminds me of team rocket who just keeps failing. hope her story gets interesting or she should just stop appearing
Oct 3, 2018 2:28 PM

Mar 2017
Wow. I thought episode 5 was going to air after a month.
Oct 3, 2018 5:31 PM

Jul 2017
The time travel gimmick is playing out mostly for no reason, other than provide plot links that made absolutely no sense, but hopefully explainations coming soon.

Definitely felt like a longer yet suspenseful episode.
Oct 3, 2018 5:41 PM

Oct 2017
stardew said:
this assassin reminds me of team rocket who just keeps failing. hope her story gets interesting or she should just stop appearing

I think she is that Mage girl, so won't stop appearing.
Oct 3, 2018 9:23 PM

Dec 2014
Expected this to take longer to come out.

Random time travel kinda threw me off.

Derrida basically has the Reading Steiner. xD
Oct 3, 2018 11:09 PM

Jul 2015
▶Glad we got the new episode so soon, w8ing for a month would be a buzz kill.

▶The show is fine but they doing a bad job at the action and fighting scenes. Its not the animation, its the logic of events and characters actions, it feels awkward and un natural.

▶Also isn't this supposed to be a sci-fi? cuz that red witch is kind of look like that have a supernatural or magical powers.

▶Lastly its kind of interesting that the MC is changing the past, and the future changes as well or maybe he just keep jumping to a new and a little different time line.
Oct 4, 2018 10:39 AM
Jun 2017
Hmmm.. i like the idea of time travel with this one, in here Derrida can on the spot change a specific scene based on his memory. Hmmm!!! Well my idea is that perhaps he can save Mage by using the same time leap.. (if it can be possible..)

Anyways donna sure really is a strong one, as even a falling debris cant kill her. Hahaha...

And now more mysteries are being added here, who is the person Mage is talking to in that video. Hmmm... is he the answer ti where she could be... ohh im so excited about this series. Hahaha
Oct 4, 2018 2:03 PM

Nov 2015
Random time travel? I don't think so. It also happened in ep 4, where he's suddenly somewhere else. "What am I doing here? I was on the way to the flower shop."

"Time leap, the phenomena of people traveling through time."

"The key to time leaping lay down in wishing hard enough."

Since he wished hard enough, thanks to his lost-and-found memories, he experienced time leap.

But it didn't, like, last long, probably because he has to have clearer memories?

and/or that every time he remembers something clearly enough, he time leaps back to a point in the past directly relevant to what he's remembering?

and that after every time leap, the timeline experiences a butterfly effect, but this time, the change in the past is not that much, still it managed to change the fate of that camera?

The time leap in ep 5 makes sense because: memories + wishing hard enough + he went to a point the past exactly intact. The time leap in ep 4 doesn't though, he went to a different past? Does it depend on he was thinking at that moment? How does he time leap to a different past to begin with?

Is he just changing the past, or is he actually traveling between different "existing" parallel timelines?

Is Ange a product of Mage's experiment in ep 1?

Or is the locket the one that's actually doing all the work here?

So many other questions like:
"Who is Cassiel?"

"You're late, Derrida!"
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2018 3:32 PM

Mar 2009
RainyShadow said:
stardew said:

I think she is that Mage girl, so won't stop appearing.

I was thinking she was Mage, as well. Though the personality is a 180 from what is described by Yuri. And it would be a MASSIVE change in only a year (that's how long she's been missing).
Oct 4, 2018 8:58 PM
Jan 2011
How did he time travel? I thought he was just frozen?
Oct 5, 2018 9:20 AM

Oct 2017
stardew said:

I was thinking she was Mage, as well. Though the personality is a 180 from what is described by Yuri. And it would be a MASSIVE change in only a year (that's how long she's been missing).

Maybe she got brainwashed? Or had an accident and got turned into a RoboCop? Or both?
Oct 5, 2018 10:47 AM

May 2018
Oh we got a revelation, the bearded guy was a cop with the rank of inspector, Oh shit Donna drops in, I wonder if she'll be one of them good guys anytime soon????
JiangHaoyi1979Oct 5, 2018 11:04 AM
Oct 11, 2018 10:37 PM

Aug 2017
We know more about Derrida and his dad. Derrida is changing a bit the past with that past memories. What's the deal with Ange?

"tick tick tick" stop please lol. The action scene sucks.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 24, 2018 7:03 PM

Jun 2014
We're learning a lot about the main characters.

Derrida cannot control the time slips it seems. At least in the most revised timeline, Yuri's camera isn't broken. Could that Pocketwatch that was left for him when he awoke in 2060 have anything to do with it?

Nov 25, 2018 4:23 PM
Nov 2018
Can someone explain the ending with derrida and mage?
Mar 26, 2019 1:36 PM

May 2012
This anime sure is getting more and more interesting by the episode, really like the whole time concept thing and that pocket watch he gifted her certainly has a role in it! Really like it so far and find it interesting that he can actually time leap and change his current timeline ever so slightly.

Let's see what's next.
Mar 18, 2020 5:19 PM

Aug 2007
This is like action Steins;Gate, and that didn’t even live up to the hype imo.

I’m glad this is only 12 episodes..

Mar 17, 5:52 PM

Aug 2017
Another good episode, I wonder who's Cassiel,
I really thought that Derrida was gonna restart the events after he went back in time, well at least he changed the broken camera's past, his dad is a good man too bad he realized that too late,
We need a Donna backstory, she really shady.

More topics from this board

Poll: » RErideD: Tokigoe no Derrida Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2018

57 by Dekom »»
Mar 25, 6:07 PM

Poll: » RErideD: Tokigoe no Derrida Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2018

17 by Dekom »»
Mar 25, 1:06 PM

Poll: » RErideD: Tokigoe no Derrida Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2018

15 by Dekom »»
Mar 24, 5:47 PM

Poll: » RErideD: Tokigoe no Derrida Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2018

15 by Dekom »»
Mar 21, 6:29 PM

Poll: » RErideD: Tokigoe no Derrida Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2018

18 by Dekom »»
Mar 20, 5:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.