Forum Settings
Forums

What is a series that had a bad end, but you thought it was a enjoyable series overall.

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 14, 2018 11:43 AM

Mar 2018
Oreimo pressure was strong on Fushimi Tsukasa, if coming with incest do it till Sadly not an enjoyable end but still one of favorites animes and Recently Darling in the Franxx, evething was ok till giant mecha zero two in space with the bride suit it was too much...
Sep 14, 2018 11:45 AM

Sep 2014
Escaflowne has absolutely trash ending but it's still a good show if you can overlook that
Sep 14, 2018 11:50 AM
Aug 2018
shnishkerboberts said:
Tokyo Ghoul season 1

There is a reason for the jarring personality change which is largely unexplored in the anime, but I won't deny that before I read the manga the ending felt like a real letdown, not helped by the fact they didn't actually finish the arc till the first episode of s2.

Code Geass s1 was disappointing for the final few episodes imo, even if the very end wasn't a bad note to end on
Sep 14, 2018 12:13 PM

Aug 2018
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Even if I loved the whole series, the characters and the fights, the ending was too positive and childish for its own good.

The Claymore ending was a total trainwreck but the other parts of the anime were enjoyable and they followed the manga.

The Eva ending was 'dissapointing' at first, but I really enjoyed End of Evangelion's movie.
Sep 14, 2018 12:32 PM

Sep 2013
Daisetsu-Kun said:
Death Note's ending is the downfall of the anime.

No, episode 27 - 36 is the downfall of that anime. Those 10 episodes are crap, but The final episode is actually really good
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 14, 2018 12:37 PM

Sep 2013
chareexnicole said:
Soul Eater. I loved the entire series, but I just felt like the ending was kinda rushed. i'm not saying it was bad though, but I do wish it didn't end abruptly.

100% agreed.
The whole last bit was a let down because Asura turned out to be completely useless. He spent half the show spooning some bitch, then gets beat up by a school girl
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 14, 2018 12:44 PM

Oct 2013
FMmatron said:
leechiahwa said:

Charlotte has a pretty good ending imo

The second half plot wasn't that good comapared to the episodic start, but ok, still fine. However, the last few episodes contained an anticlimatic confession(that was literally the worst part) and putting the stuff with collecting all abilities into one episode was the definition of rushed.
FMmatron said:
leechiahwa said:

Charlotte has a pretty good ending imo

The second half plot wasn't that good comapared to the episodic start, but ok, still fine. However, the last few episodes contained an anticlimatic confession(that was literally the worst part) and putting the stuff with collecting all abilities into one episode was the definition of rushed.

Ah yes haha I agree with the confession part. Wished it was more than just 'that' :')
“You might be able to do it if you try. But if you don’t try, you definitely can’t”
Sep 14, 2018 12:54 PM
Mar 2016
well regarding mangas, i think Double Arts was really good, until they cancelled it for some reason and the author had to rush an ending to a story that just started D::
Sep 14, 2018 12:56 PM
Jul 2018
Chaos; Child. I actually really enjoyed it until the shitting ending film.
Sep 14, 2018 12:57 PM

Dec 2016
Arimias said:
Kareshi Kanojo

And if you disagree you're lying.

I thought it was good. The main couple felt complete. They tried to start something with the side characters towards the end but by then the production had fallen way too much for me to give a fuck about
Women of my dreams I don't sleep so I can't find her

Sep 14, 2018 1:50 PM

Mar 2017
Monster has to take the crown for having the most disappointing and underwhelming ending, despite being an otherwise brilliant story. Despite the complete lack of closure (which I hated) I still gave it a 9.
Sep 14, 2018 2:14 PM

Aug 2018
I think the end itself can't ruin a very good series unless it's terribly stupid
Sep 14, 2018 2:24 PM

Feb 2010
phantom requiem of a phantom. the ending rendered the entire story pointless.

Darker then black season 2. what was that ending?

gurran lagoon. movie ending ruined it. then again Gainax ruins everything.

pandora hearts mainly because instead of leaving the ending open so they could continue with the anime when the manga got further a head. they went for a weird ass ending.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Sep 14, 2018 9:52 PM

Jul 2017
Mickdrew said:
Daisetsu-Kun said:
Death Note's ending is the downfall of the anime.

No, episode 27 - 36 is the downfall of that anime. Those 10 episodes are crap, but The final episode is actually really good

I mean, I can't disagree on that part of Death Note being lackluster but for the ending, it does depend on what side are in whether your in Light's side or L and yeah for me, it's quite a disappointment tbh.
Sep 14, 2018 9:58 PM

Jun 2016
School Rumble.
Erased
Great Teacher Onizuka (they didn't end it,they had my man going to USA or some shit)

Sep 15, 2018 1:33 PM

Apr 2013
Sukasuka had a very powerful ending, I don't know what you want. Yes it didn't answer all the questions conclude the tales of all characters, but you have needed not only a second cour to finish the adaptation of the first novel series but also at least 3 more cours after that second cour to adapt the sequel since it's needed to answer it (and it's not finished yet, probably at least 3 volumes to go, that I'm including in my estimate for the number of cours needed).
So you can't really complain about that, i'd say the place it stops in the anime is well chosen. A 9-10/10 ending for a 9-10/10 series overall.

I don't get why peoples are unsatisfied with Erased's ending by the way. Is that related to waifu stuff and what the main girl chose to do at eh end or something like that? If so, that's a very dumb reason to complain about the ending, but w/e.
Sep 24, 2018 7:40 PM

Sep 2017
Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de

The ending was... dude...

Decide once every certain number of years which members of the ruling class will oppress and crush the people in parliament: this is the true essence of bourgeois parliamentarism, not only in the constitutional parliamentary monarchies but in the most democratic republics
- The State and Revolution (September 1917), Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov "Lenin".
Sep 24, 2018 7:44 PM

Mar 2017
Just finished Koi Kaze and wtf is with that ending lmao. But yeah even so, the ride has been enjoyable with a rather unique tone accompanied by likable characters.
Sep 24, 2018 7:53 PM

May 2018
Been said on this thread already but Soul Eater takes the cake for me as well. That final blow might've been the most ridiculous final blow of them all.
Sep 24, 2018 8:13 PM

Jul 2015
I actually liked Erased's ending. I it all wrapped up in a good way, and I didn't end up having any problems with it.

As for anime that I enjoyed the ride overall but had endings I didn't like...
Darling in the FranXX- so so so rushed, and kinda out of nowhere.
Death Note- last episode was good enough but I just hated the whole Near arc.
Deadland Wonderland- not finished :/
No game no life- also not finished, though if you just remove the very end it's good enough.
Juuni Taisen- it was fun to watch at times but I absolutely hated the ending :/
Black Butler Book of Circus- so much fun until the end, which made me stop watching the series for good (which was probably for the best.)
Zankyou no Terror- ehhhhhhhh mixed feelings on this one, though I enjoyed the series overall.

Sep 24, 2018 8:23 PM

Nov 2017
rohan121 said:
Recently I have been thinking how Sukasuka has a poor ending that ended on a cliffhanger without a season 2. I thought the series was fun though. What are series that ended bad, but you thought were fun overall?

yes, i agree with you... even you said so... SukaMoka (the sequel of the novel series) was published on 1 april 2016, if you're lucky enough it would be got anime adaptation soon

https://myanimelist.net/anime/32951/Rokudenashi_Majutsu_Koushi_to_Akashic_Records << this first part of anime was gold... but after re=l arc... it was sucks, even the ending wasfuck

https://myanimelist.net/anime/21561/Ryuugajou_Nanana_no_Maizoukin
https://myanimelist.net/anime/19221/Ore_no_Nounai_Sentakushi_ga_Gakuen_Love_Comedy_wo_Zenryoku_de_Jama_Shiteiru
Both of anime above had a fuckending

Now Loading.....
Sep 24, 2018 10:45 PM

Oct 2015
Flip Flappers I'd have scored a 10 if it didn't have a rushed ending.

Stepped out from the darkness I contained in me.
Released myself form the shackles I helped create.

I've got the power of life in my hands,
and I intend to keep it.

My life has meaning after all.

Sep 24, 2018 10:54 PM

Dec 2011
Higashi no Eden. I don't think I can recall another series that self destructed as bad as this one.
Sep 24, 2018 11:03 PM

Jul 2014
Charlotte. I enjoyed it, but what happened on the last episode, it is too rushed
Sep 24, 2018 11:07 PM

Dec 2016
Monster and Death Note
Also Guilty Crown !
Sep 25, 2018 1:03 AM

Sep 2011
Katekyo Hitman Reborn. Ugh, it makes me remember how Tsuna's still even whining in the end and the fact that they just "completely" end it when there are lots of stuffs that they need to show.

Sep 25, 2018 8:53 PM

Jul 2017
I don't consider them as bad endings but more, disappointing endings. I don't hate them though I don't fully like them.

- Hitsugi no Chaika Avenging Battle (I was really disappointed with the ending. I would have given it a 8 or 9 if it gave a more satisfying ending)
- Gundam 00 Movie (The ending wasn't really bad but I don't like the fact that it doesn't show what happened to the other main characters)
- Mikakunin de Shinkoukei (The ending disappointed me a bit but I still gave it a 9 because I really loved the show overall)
- Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou (Absolute no romantic resolution.)
- Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta (Stupid cliffhanger...)

Help, I'm hooked into the Fate series (not all) and am obsessed with Shirou x Saber!
Also, forever hoping for a ufotable remake of the Fate route!
Sep 25, 2018 9:11 PM

Feb 2018
Soul Eater.

The last fight was disappointing asf...
Sep 25, 2018 9:14 PM

Aug 2016
Soul Eater was a solid 6 or 7 for me throughout the series. Unfortunately the last fight was so corny and embarrassing I had to lower my score for it by like 2 points.
Sep 25, 2018 9:18 PM

Aug 2009
And I'll be the fourth person to mention the anime series portion of Neon Genesis Evangelion because "Congratulations."

Sep 26, 2018 8:00 AM

Sep 2018
Panty and Stocking, featuring Garterbelt. Despite how perverted it was, the ending was like a bad dream after an acid trip. The creators went spiraling down a tunnel of self destruction and I have no idea what on earth happened. What went wrong?? It started off so good!

FruitPunchChinpo said:
Forgive me Father, for I have sinned repeatedly.
Sep 26, 2018 8:02 AM

May 2014
Hisone to Maso-tan comes to mind, the beginning was amazing but near the end it got a bit weird, still enjoyed it overall though.
Sep 26, 2018 8:03 AM

Apr 2018
Well, not really a bad end but I wished Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom didn't end that way. The ending was impactful though.
Sep 26, 2018 9:58 AM

Aug 2018
Chrono Crusade has one of the worst endings I've ever seen. Not one of those "ends on a cliffhanger" endings either but more like an emotionally manipulative "fuck-you".
Sep 26, 2018 10:15 AM

Jan 2016
I'm going to try to go beyond just series with an incomplete end and make it an end that really stuck out as bad.

No Game No Life - introducing a plot point in the last 2 minutes to tease a season that might never happen is terrible, especially since it was positioned perfectly to have a perfectly fine if unfinished ending. Still love the series though

Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress - While I'm not sure I'd recommend it as readily, I still maintain everything prior to Biba showing up was quite a bit of fun. Unfortunately Biba makes up about half the series

Violet Evergraden - For me, the last couple of episodes were significantly weaker than the episodes preceding it, but was still an overall good series

Relife - Oh good God the 4 episode OVA ending pissed me off, but the main series I really loved. Although some of that hate for the ending might be I'd read the manga by that point....

Erased - nuff said

Just a few for me personally
MaskOfIceSep 26, 2018 10:20 AM
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Sep 26, 2018 10:27 AM
Jul 2018
Death Note ending, he began to be forced and weak, he did not have the necessary development for the end
Sep 26, 2018 10:32 AM

Mar 2018
Erased is the first thing that comes to mind. I didn't mind the ship but hated how they executed the villian.
Sep 26, 2018 2:25 PM

Apr 2015
Kare Kano’s last few episodes are like eating ice cream and it suddenly turning into broccoli. I like broccoli, but what the fuck? I was eating ice cream.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Sep 26, 2018 2:30 PM
Apr 2017
i still cant find myself liking NGE ending
i have high hopes for the movie
Sep 26, 2018 4:09 PM

Sep 2018
little witch academia

lamest ending ever conceived
Oct 12, 2018 7:05 AM

Mar 2018
Death Note, sadly. The finale was kind of underwhelming and predictable to the point that it failed at compensating for the great premise of the show. The first half of the episodes was a lot better in comparison to the second half of the show.
Also Charlotte, Dimension W, and Wolf Children. All shows started promising then gave up entirely halfway.
Oct 12, 2018 7:09 AM

Feb 2018
Death Note is an amazing series with a terrible ending/last few episodes.
Oct 12, 2018 8:13 AM

Sep 2017
Yeah I agree, Death Note was amazing up until the final episodes as the ending became foreseeable well before the final episode.

My List
Hall Of Quotes
Set By Transience
Oct 12, 2018 8:18 AM

Feb 2010
Most anime ever made tbh. Although less of a really 'bad' ending, than just most having 'meh' or 'whatever' endings, or just non-endings. I never really pay too much attention to the endings and more to my overall experience watching a show since that's what matters more than just the one final ep. For example, if I rated only on the ending, I'd give Tada-kun a 2/10 maybe, but since I enjoyed most of the journey I settled on a 6/10.
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 12, 2018 8:26 AM

Mar 2017
Darker than Black Ryuusei no gemini
Oct 12, 2018 8:29 AM
Sep 2018

• Boku dake ga inai Machi
  • Charlotte
  • Yankee kun to Megane chan
  • Death Note

Profile views make me feel loved
Oct 12, 2018 8:29 AM

Jan 2018
Erased,the ending tried to be realistic but end up making nosense
Oct 12, 2018 8:31 AM
Jul 2018
Erased is almost a masterpiece. The ending was quite shit honestly, but whatever.
Oct 12, 2018 8:34 AM
Jul 2018
xShinigami3125 said:
Death Note is an amazing series with a terrible ending/last few episodes.

I don't know if there exist another Death note, because the one i watched has a godlike ending.

I hope you don't want an ending like fairy tail, right? Everyone get injured till death, no one died.
Oct 12, 2018 8:37 AM

Jul 2015
Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul was great until around episode 13, with gorgeous animation and some charismatic characters. After that it was only downhill with a lot of bad plot decisions and an absolutely awful 80's Disneyesque ending.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Your favourite genre with predominantly female cast?

Sanjay63773 - 4 hours ago

9 by mshfqtny »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you be in favor of tipping Crunchyroll for every anime you complete on their platform? ( 1 2 )

Dije - Apr 16

96 by luckyrune »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Japanese Anime and its Relationship to the Source Material vs Western Media

LSSJ_Gaming - Yesterday

17 by thewiru »»
7 minutes ago

» thoughts on users that have a mean score of below 5?

deg - Yesterday

16 by APolygons2 »»
11 minutes ago

» Best OG waifu (before year 2000) šŸ˜» ( 1 2 )

flowstate - Apr 16, 2020

54 by Serafos »»
21 minutes ago
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.