Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 2, 2018 1:07 PM

Sep 2016
I'm planning to watch it, but when I google it I only see pictures of girls on all four and men driving the robots. Is it never the other way around? If so, why? I need to know if this anime is sexist or not before watching it.
May 2, 2018 1:09 PM

Jan 2013
The whole anime is a metaphor for cuckolding.
You're the judge on if that's sexist.
May 2, 2018 1:09 PM

Apr 2016
It has reverse positions too ...

But i guess that's not sexist anymore right ?

CondemneDio said:

Finally, i found the definition i was looking for.
May 2, 2018 1:11 PM
Aug 2016
no cucking in the franxx is the best anime ever made and it's not sexist
May 2, 2018 1:12 PM

Aug 2015
Shitposting??? I see empty account
May 2, 2018 1:15 PM

Sep 2015
How can anime be 'sexist' exactly? What kind of question is that?
May 2, 2018 1:22 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
If you can tolerate the first three episodes then your tolerance can power you through the whole damn thing.
May 2, 2018 1:24 PM

Jul 2015
CondemneDio said:

such a perfect description

/thread
May 2, 2018 1:31 PM
Jan 2016
tragedydesu said:
CondemneDio said:

such a perfect description

/thread
sexist? More like going for over the top sexual innuendos just cause. It’s that anime I don’t blame them I would have done the same just that writing is poor.
May 2, 2018 1:38 PM

Oct 2010
It is sexist, but a kind of naïve sexism to the point I don't even think the authors are fully aware of. If the show didn't have that boys vs girls episode, I would give it the benefit of doubt despite the fanservice and the waifu wars narrative.
May 2, 2018 1:43 PM

Aug 2017
No. It's not sexist. Is just a generic waifu and ship war with mechas.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 2, 2018 1:52 PM

Mar 2018
You can make it sexist if you want to. I haven't seen it but I think that you thinking it's sexist without seeing it says more about you then about the show. Not trying to insult or anything.
May 2, 2018 2:22 PM

Jul 2017
It's that way since the mechas can only be piloted by a male-female partnership (don't even know how to explain what the 9's are doing), where the male and female are represented as flower organs (pistil and stamen)

As to why they're in that specific position, who knows

And if you're looking for sexism in the way that females appear inferior to males, then no you don't really get something like that
May 2, 2018 2:25 PM

Feb 2016
it's super heteronormative and sexist, don't watch it
May 2, 2018 2:26 PM

Aug 2012
Sounds like you did your research, so why bother making a forum about it?
May 2, 2018 2:27 PM

Jul 2011
Seems that everything it's sexist nowadays.
Point it that out it's sexist too?
My bad grammar it's sexist too?
Are idols sexist?
May 2, 2018 2:39 PM

Mar 2017
steponmeazula said:
heteronormative

I never really got how the stamen-pistil bond work but, assuming it works on the love/sex-thing philosophy, I feel like requiring it to be exclusively male-female pairing is humanity shooting itself in the foot. If a male-male bond for some people because they prefer the same sex (if love/sex is really the metaphor the show is going for), that's just inefficient use of resources to force them with female partners that may hamper their capabilities.
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
May 2, 2018 2:41 PM
Jul 2018
no no its the best anime evar dinogirl/10
May 2, 2018 2:42 PM

Apr 2017
Don't ask the anime community for advice on watching this anime, which is one of the most controversial ever. Make up your own mind
May 2, 2018 2:48 PM

Apr 2010
So what if it is? It's just a fuckin' cartoon. God damn SJWs...
May 2, 2018 3:19 PM

Mar 2013
It can be if you want it to be, and it sounds like you want it to be, so, yes, it is sexist.
May 2, 2018 3:24 PM
May 2016
no, I don't believe it is. it's a symbiotic relationship.
May 2, 2018 3:59 PM

Jan 2018

「 what comes after the rain? 」
add me âśż anime list âśż manga list

May 2, 2018 4:02 PM

Sep 2013
I'm watching it right now and yeah, I think it's a little sexist. Watch at your own risk.
May 2, 2018 5:14 PM

Jul 2017
detrz said:
I'm planning to watch it, but when I google it I only see pictures of girls on all four and men driving the robots. Is it never the other way around? If so, why? I need to know if this anime is sexist or not before watching it.

Technically they're both piloting the robots but whatever

"Do you know why snow is white? 
Because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be." - C.C.

May 2, 2018 5:16 PM

Mar 2018
This is some professional level shitposting. Well done OP.
May 2, 2018 5:25 PM

Jul 2017
Bfolls said:
Believe it or not but someone actually took the time to write a "article" on why its sexist
https://www.animefeminist.com/discourse-franxx-vs-franxy/
but the website name is "anime feminist" so the entire thing is just a shitpost anyways

"Do you know why snow is white? 
Because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be." - C.C.

May 2, 2018 6:15 PM

Aug 2016
It is sexist. No male machines with the men on their knees inside
May 2, 2018 6:46 PM

Nov 2008
MechKingKillbot said:

About how far did you watch to? Because when the other team is introduced, yes, there are.

May 2, 2018 6:58 PM

Jun 2013
Chiibi said:
MechKingKillbot said:

About how far did you watch to? Because when the other team is introduced, yes, there are.

That's what i tought, And even if that where the case Women are not just on their knees, they are necessary to drive also the most important
May 2, 2018 7:01 PM

Nov 2017
detrz said:
first of all why do u watch anime for its sexiness or because u are happy watching anime XD....jk.
Btw its really good u may be bored somewhere or 14ep can give u a hell big shock....but just wait for the 15 ep u will be drive crazy.
Anyways just give it a watch u will find it yourself.
Also many people will bad mouth against it or already done it I think but just ignore them. And give a first ep watch u will have to find out yourself
THERE EXIST IN THIS WORLD SOMETHING NO ONE HAS EVER SEEN
IT'S GENTLE SO VERY SWEET
THE GLIMPSES IS ALL IT TAKES TO MAKE A PERSON CRAVE IT
THAT'S WHY IT'S NEVER BEEN SEEN
THAT'S WHY THE WORLD HAS KEPT HIDDEN
MAKING IT DIFFICULT TO OBTAIN
BUT ONE DAY, IT WILL BE FOUND

BY THE PERSON WHO IS MEANT TO FIND IT. BECAUSE THAT'S HOW IT WORKS.
"

May 2, 2018 7:06 PM

May 2009
detrz said:
I'm also planning on watching it, and my recommendation to you is do your best to completely ignore/avoid other people's commentary on the series and go into it with as few preconceptions as possible.

I'm serious. I find it annoyingly difficult to avoid people talking about this show, because of this. I'd rather be able to decide on my own terms whether to like something or not, not based on what other people are saying about it.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
May 2, 2018 7:10 PM

Apr 2016
If you don't like the sex stuff, watch Eureka Seven. It shares similar plot points and uses Sex in a more teenage puberty sense. I also think the characters and romance in Eureka seven are far superior to that of Franxx.
May 2, 2018 7:20 PM

Jun 2016
I think you're looking for the term "over-sexualizing" its not sexist (no discrimination due to sex) in the sense that they can't operate the franxx with a female partner and I believe there are some that ride in reversed roles but non amongst the mc's

but I can see how the riding mechanics can be off putting. The first time I saw I was like wow ok lol but if you're wiling to look past it and give it a chance, its a pretty solid series so far.
May 3, 2018 1:48 AM

Mar 2015
Sexist or not it's a shit anime either way :^)
May 3, 2018 2:04 AM

Oct 2008
No there is no sexism but there is NTR, one of the guys get their girl stolen by another dude, kinda big deal should have NTR tag
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_49H_N43jQ

#MakeAnimeGreatAgain

SAY NO MORE LOLI! BRING MORE GENRES EVERY SEASON THAN JUST LOLI
May 3, 2018 2:08 AM

Jul 2015
Fakegoose said:
Bfolls said:
Believe it or not but someone actually took the time to write a "article" on why its sexist
https://www.animefeminist.com/discourse-franxx-vs-franxy/
but the website name is "anime feminist" so the entire thing is just a shitpost anyways

People found a way to claim KlK was sexist and encouraged raping girls, missing the point by so much it actually became funny.

Found lots of feminists who agree that it's feminist or at least not sexist one bit, tho, so.... dun trust a random idiot on the net.
May 16, 2018 12:51 AM

Sep 2017
it's the japanese government telling people that having sex is like being in a totally sweet mecha. So just go for it, I guess. Also be sure to make more taxpayers.

I don't really get the cuckholding thing people above have mentioned (although I'm not that far into the show) it just seems more like immature teenage drama with a huge helping of sexual innuendo.
May 16, 2018 3:14 AM

Apr 2011
cantankerous said:
it's the japanese government telling people that having sex is like being in a totally sweet mecha. So just go for it, I guess. Also be sure to make more taxpayers.

I don't really get the cuckholding thing people above have mentioned (although I'm not that far into the show) it just seems more like immature teenage drama with a huge helping of sexual innuendo.

There is absolutely NO cuckholding.
The idiots spouting that nonsense are just pissy about episode 11 and onward.
I, personally, think that this show is surprisingly well thought out and interesting and have come to care for most of the cast. It's like a really good sci-fi novel.

It isn't actually sexist either, ofc I can't blame someone for thinking so within the first few episodes, I also thought that and dropped it for a couple of weeks until I heard different.
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
May 17, 2018 3:55 AM
Jul 2018
I don't believe it is sexist as it's not actually doing anything that can give me the idea as such. Especially given that the show's main focus is about puberty as well as sexuality which is the main central point of the show along with the character driven narrative.

But I suggest judging it by yourself. Since this is one of those cases where I say to stay away from anything related to the show's community. Because it really will boggle your mind.
May 17, 2018 6:41 AM

Mar 2018
Eanki said:
I never really got how the stamen-pistil bond work but, assuming it works on the love/sex-thing philosophy, I feel like requiring it to be exclusively male-female pairing is humanity shooting itself in the foot. If a male-male bond for some people because they prefer the same sex (if love/sex is really the metaphor the show is going for), that's just inefficient use of resources to force them with female partners that may hamper their capabilities.

We don't know that same-sex pairings are infeasible. In episode 11 they try to pilot a FranXX with two pistils. They fail, but the fact that they even try suggests that it is theoretically possible. It is also conceivable (though by no means certain) that two stamens can work.

Furthermore: Even if it turns out that same-sex pilot pairs are unsupported by design, that is not necessarily an inefficient choice from an in-universe perspective. It is conceivable that it was just much simpler to build a FranXX that requires a girl and a boy, and that making it flexible enough to support gay operators would be more complicated and expensive than it was worth.
May 17, 2018 7:33 AM

Aug 2008
Eanki said:
steponmeazula said:
heteronormative

You just said "stamen-pistil", it's hard to be any more literal. It's a reproductive bond, not catering to however misguided sex drive.
Ii tenki desu ne...
May 17, 2018 10:32 AM

Mar 2017
Antanaru said:
Eanki said:

You just said "stamen-pistil", it's hard to be any more literal. It's a reproductive bond, not catering to however misguided sex drive.

Therefore I surpass the limits
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
May 17, 2018 11:03 AM

Mar 2017
Thrust said:
So what if it is? It's just a fuckin' cartoon. God damn SJWs...

Exactly my thoughts. I love you, man.
May 17, 2018 11:56 AM

Aug 2008
For a 3 line long shitpost it sure was a crappy response to an answer.
Ii tenki desu ne...
May 17, 2018 7:52 PM
Feb 2018
All anime is sexist; you should steer clear from media made by a country so mysoginistic, heteronormative, intolerant and closed-minded as Japan. May i suggest something like Steven Universe instead.
May 19, 2018 10:22 AM

Mar 2009
I wouldn't really say it is or is not sexist. However: sexual? Yeah. seriously, I thought Aquarion was bad for sexual innuendos in mechas.
This has it beat by miles!

Short_Circut said:
It's that way since the mechas can only be piloted by a male-female partnership (don't even know how to explain what the 9's are doing), where the male and female are represented as flower organs (pistil and stamen)

As to why they're in that specific position, who knows

And if you're looking for sexism in the way that females appear inferior to males, then no you don't really get something like that

Because the other positions that they could link to sexual behavior couldn't be passed off as an attempt at piloting a mecha?
May 19, 2018 10:29 AM

Apr 2018
I wouldn't call it sexist. The robots are designed to have one male and one female to work, the female on the ground and the male above her. However in recent episodes one "girl on girl" mech has been seen but not explained, and Iku (one of the female lesbian characters) is very angry at the whole system. So it's really about breaking out of that sexism in a way
Sep 17, 2018 8:20 PM

Aug 2015
There is yes, maybe that's why i don't watch it anymore.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2018

566 by paulocosmico »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

65 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 24, 3:12 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 5, 2018

364 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 23, 1:15 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 21, 2018

707 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 23, 12:34 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

640 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 22, 2:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.