Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 28, 2018 3:53 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The Swing card :o

Really happy to see Sakura and Meiling fighting side by side again like the old times. Not a surprise that Kaito is involved in the magic side of this series. There was something off about him ever since he appeared in the show.

The action really picked up this episode too

Apr 28, 2018 7:09 PM

Feb 2010
No meilin 😭😭I was hoping she would stay for the entire series. She's such a wonderful character. I loved watching her and Sakura fight. I'm really happy for a humanoid card though. That one of the main things I was disappointed about the clear cards. My favorite are definitely the humanoid cards.
Finally seeing kaito use some magic. I'm dying to know what's hes up to.
I'm going to be so sad not seeing meilin anymore though. She will always be my favorite.
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Apr 28, 2018 8:05 PM
Mar 2015
Glad that Sakura was able to stop the dragon earthquake. Kaito can really turn back time. Meiling and Sakura fighting together was really exciting. Glad she told Syaoran that in everything he is doing he needs to think about Sakura because if he got hurt if would hurt her more
Apr 28, 2018 8:07 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

Swing card? That's a weird card name considering it was ripping things apart and causing mini quakes.

So what exactly did Kaito do? Seemed like he performed some sort of Time related manipulation but I'm not sure.

The part where Sakura and Meilin fought together was awesome. Easily my favorite part of the episode.
Meiling finally called Sakura 'Sakura'. :D
I'm sad to see her leave, hope she returns at some point in the future.

Also, Kero fretting over the fact that he has to find an excuse to tell Tomoyo was hilarious. XD
Apr 28, 2018 8:08 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Konekoneko said:
I'm dying to know what's hes up to.
He's up to No Good, for sure :D

Lelouch0202 said:
So what exactly did Kaito do?

He turned back the clock so he could "not" say anything about Sakura's father.
Apr 28, 2018 8:40 PM

Jan 2014
ups, Kaito said what he shouldn't have.

we got two fighter cards in one episode.
Apr 28, 2018 10:59 PM

Jul 2017
Whilst I was still not that entertained with this episode, it was nice seeing Sakura and Meiling join forces and fight together. They really strengthened their bonds even more and that's nice to see some good character chemistry right there.
Apr 28, 2018 11:28 PM
Apr 2018
Awww this episode made me wonder why Clamp never thought of adding Meilin in the manga. Her character has so much depth.

That conversation between her and Syaoran in the end was the best, and probably the most mature ever in the whole CCS series.

I think we're up to a big finale fight towards the end, hope no one dies, but I feel some dark path to end. We have 2 fighting cards caught wew.

The soundtrack in the end gives so much feels OMG, almost cried lolz
Apr 28, 2018 11:31 PM
Jul 2018
The meiling and Sakura fight was really interesting, seeing Kaito finally using his spells is interesting, time control seems a bit OP!
Apr 28, 2018 11:37 PM

Oct 2016
Noo Meilingggggg
Apr 28, 2018 11:48 PM

Sep 2010
There was a lot of destruction going on this episode, first with the Daidoujis' property then with the fence to an unfortunate person's house.

Whoa, Kaito's specialty seems to be time magic. I had a feeling he was erasing Akiho's memories.

Meilin's going back to Hong Kong! I really like how her character has developed since her first appearance back in the original series.

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Apr 29, 2018 12:38 AM

Dec 2016
Swing, that was easily one of the most dangerous cards to exist, thank good it didn't destroy the house, just about everything else got wrecked.

Eriol was right about Kaito, being able to rewind time, that is some power he has at his disposal.

That was scary, the fighter appeared out of nowhere and attacked.

Good thing Meiling was there, she is always excellent at hand to hand combat, Sakura was pretty good at dodging the attacks.

Meiling is now gone but Sakura has that Struggle card now if she needs someone to help her fight from now on.
Apr 29, 2018 12:58 AM

Apr 2016
I feel like this is the best episode of the Clear Card arc so far. it felt like an episode of the original series, in spirit rather than in a carbon copy way like many of the previous episodes
Meiling's connection with Sakura lately has been the best part of this season, so I'm sad to see her leave for however long she'll be gone...
also Kaito used Bites Za Dusto *o*
Apr 29, 2018 3:10 AM

Jan 2016
Sad to see Meling leave, she really doesn't feel like filler fodder but more like she's part of the show. The fight section was great, a bit ambitious but still entertaining.

SamBlack said:

also Kaito used Bites Za Dusto *o*

Glad to see that I wasn't the only one who noticed this, incoming hand fetish?

Apr 29, 2018 3:29 AM

Mar 2016
I love these filler episodes as much as the canon, because the pacing stays the same, and some necessary information from the manga were revealed only in these episodes.
Kaito looks like a bad guy, but Eriol used to look even more like a bad guy. So, I think Kaito might be good. I wanna see him enjoy a cake, so that he can officially become a CLAMP character.
Apr 29, 2018 4:19 AM

Sep 2013
Best episode of this series so far IMO for actual character development between Sakura and Meiling
Apr 29, 2018 4:44 AM
Sep 2015
If he can turn back time within his magic circle it means that it is possible that Akiho is a childhood version of someone.
Apr 29, 2018 7:08 AM

Feb 2009
Awesome epd. Meiling has grown so much as a character here, she will be missed.
Apr 29, 2018 8:27 AM

Jun 2015
"Have I ever told you about Sakura's dad?"
"...Shit."
Turns back time.
Kaito is some shady character. Unlike the previous "villains", Kaito seems to be inherently evil, which is what I wanted in this sequel.

So sad to see Mei-Lin leave after only four episodes. She's easily one of the best characters in the show. I hope her visit has motivated Sakura and Shaoran to talk things out between themselves without Mei-Lin acting as a mediator.

Loved the fight scene against Struggle.
"If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then why not live beautifully until the end?"- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama
Apr 29, 2018 11:40 AM

Nov 2011
Not much to say about this episode, the action was reminiscent of the original again, but it was still fun.

It's amazing how Meiling stole the show in these last episodes, her interactions with Sakura are cute. She keeps telling them about the importance of self care but she worries about them very much too. I just wish they would listen to her and talk and make things clear.
It's sad to see her go and it's a shame she's not on the manga so we can appreciate more of her.

Now, about Kaito, I'm actually hoping he is evil because we never had someone be bad in CCS and I think it could be interesting. If he turns out like Eriol being all like "I just wanted to help in a sadistic way" I'll be disappointed.

It's episode 16 and I'm still waiting for the rabbit to move.
Considering how slow is the pace and that the manga doesn't seem to be nowhere near ending I think we'll end up having a second season after all.
Baby, daijobanai...
Apr 29, 2018 12:23 PM

Apr 2015
The Swing card made no sense imo, atleast for what it caused.

You messed up Kaito. He had to turn back time to fix his mistake...

Sakura & Meiling vs the Struggle card was nice to watch!

Sad to see Meiling leave already!
Apr 29, 2018 12:58 PM

May 2008
I knew The Struggle was a card. The only problem is I think they mixed their cards up when describing the cards polar opposite...this wasn't the Twin Card's replica. It wasn't anything like it. It was literally a replacement for The Fight Card. It was almost identical in combat, not to mention their outfits were both similar to the fighting styles they adapted. So, yeah, not Twins..Fight.

Apr 29, 2018 2:00 PM

Oct 2012
It had been a while since we saw such a good episode in Sakura (the last being the aquarium one...). I didn't know I liked Meiling so much up until now. And exactly when I was thinking "Aw, she still calls her Kinomoto-san... ;-;" she asked to call her Sakura! So sweet.

The scene of Kaito making time go back because he said something he shouldn't have was also great. I want to find out the mysteries of this seasonnn
Apr 29, 2018 4:04 PM

Apr 2009
You know, Kaito could have just said "Yes, you have mentioned about her father to me before" and get it over with. Then again, that wouldn't paint him as a super mysterious and potentially troublesome character now, would it? Gobba use that super mysterious majik and stuff. LOL.

These last couple episodes were great. So much character development, between Sakura and Syaoran, and then Sakura and Meiling. For a character that doesn't exist in the manga, Meiling surely did number of good things before her exit at the end of this episode. I think I'll miss her too.
To be or not to be... that is not the question. ;3
Apr 29, 2018 9:04 PM

Jul 2016
Wow that was actually a really nice fight between Meiling and the Struggle card.

And also, Meiling should have given Sakura some tips about hand-to-hand combat instead of some chinese desert recipies lol. At least Sakura is great at dodging.

So Meiling is going back to Hong Kong... I'll miss her to be honest, she's a really good character and a really good friend to Sakura. I've enjoyed these last episodes with her having almost a main role in the story. I hope she'll return at some point in the anime.

P.S.: I'm kinda little disappointed of how Kaito showed his powers in such a simple (and unnecessary?) way. I mean, I already knew he was up to something and this ep. just confirmed that Akiho knows nothing about what's going on around her but well... I expected something else.
Apr 29, 2018 10:10 PM

Feb 2013
I wonder if Kaito's room is bigger on the inside ^.^
<-click
Apr 30, 2018 3:45 PM

Apr 2018
This was definitely an action packed episode! I love the part when Meiling and Sakura were fighting alongside one another. Can't wait to see what the next episode entails!
Apr 30, 2018 11:45 PM

Oct 2008
The combination of Sakura & Meiling is so effective againsy a clear card who is a direct confrontation, cuz most of the cards is not in a form of a human..
Kaito has powers?!? and powers involving time!?!? yeah...it looked like it! Kaito reverted time so that Shino won't mention Sakura's father...
4/5.
matias067Apr 30, 2018 11:51 PM

May 1, 2018 4:46 AM

Jul 2015
Well now, finally get to see some of what Kaito can do, and it's strong. Kind of funny that he rewinded time over that little bit of information slip, seemed like a bit much but whatever. It worked anyway. And then we got a WHOLE LOT Of action this episode, that fight with the Struggle was pretty awesome. Sad to have to say goodbye to Meiling after all this though, wish she could have stuck around a little longer.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
May 1, 2018 11:28 AM

Jul 2016
So in this episode we had:

- End of the Swing card, which was some kind of dragon, really random I must say.

- Sakura and Meiling fighting a character that looks is like 2 characters but it's one??? Oh, and they fight barehanded, didn't expect Sakura to be that good with martial arts (although Meiling, who does know martial arts, is the one who does basically everything, but hey)

- Sakura x Shaoran ^_^

- Kaito stuff. I'm really curious to see who he really is.
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
May 1, 2018 7:02 PM

Apr 2012
So Kaito has the Time Stone, Thanos is coming for you.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
May 4, 2018 8:09 PM
Sep 2017
Meilin literally went from being the most annoying character EVER (at least to me) to one of my FAVS!! The ONLY character I feel has gone through some REAL character development!!! I’m having Syaoran withdrawals y’all. I really want to know what he knows. Besides that, some real danger appeared with this episode’s cards which is good. We got some pretty juice info about the Butler! though I don’t think anyone was surprised when he used magic, I don’t know why they waited so long to show him using it. Anyways I’m still waiting for a yukito/toya moment *fingers crossed*. We’ll see what happens next. Though judging by the preview it’s not very promising.
May 6, 2018 5:16 AM

Jul 2008
Finally a little smackeral of plot development with Yuna. We'll probably get 5 more card of the week episodes now then plot in the finale.
May 22, 2018 4:02 PM

Dec 2011
Meling is so COOL. She was such a light in this series, it's sad to see her go. She brought out the best of these characters imo.
Kaito could have told Akiho she mentioned the dad thing before, but that would make her begin to doubt him, no? It seems he needs Akiho's absolute trust. What a good villain thing to do.
Jan 16, 2019 4:46 AM

May 2010
There has to be some strict condition on time reversal. Probably it can only be done within like 1 minute or something.

And nooo I am gonna miss MeLing. When she leaves the plot goes stale and nothing happens.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jun 28, 2019 10:56 AM

Dec 2014
Finally showing the magic of the butler hmmm
Nov 5, 2019 9:25 AM

Jun 2015
Kaito dude just straight off load his savestate against Akiho LMAO
Nov 5, 2019 9:27 AM

Jun 2015
F for that poor person's house wall
Nov 12, 2019 4:06 PM

Nov 2013
yep i love Meiling <3

and she FINALLY called her Sakura... about time haha
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jun 8, 2021 8:18 PM

Jun 2014
Two cards in one episode, and we got to see Meiling kick ass again!

Kaito appears to be able to turn back time, and when he accidentally said something about Sakura's father without Akiho ever telling him about it, he realized that he messed up, and reversed time so that Akiho wouldn't be suspicious.

Sep 11, 2022 5:24 AM

Mar 2012
Kaito is me when I choose the wrong option while playing otoge. Finally we get to see something from him.

Meiling the love of my life. She's so cool and I appreciate her very much.
Otamegane0988Sep 12, 2022 4:51 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card-hen Episode 14 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2018

38 by Serhiyko »»
Apr 10, 1:31 PM

» Am I the only one who is a little disappointed with the new series so far? ( 1 2 )

blissful_Harmony - Feb 14, 2018

67 by Arichan66 »»
Jan 31, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card-hen Episode 22 Discussion

Fayrin - Aug 9, 2018

36 by glowings »»
Jan 3, 4:20 PM

» How much of the manga does this adapt?

GrayZStars - Nov 12, 2023

2 by GrayZStars »»
Nov 12, 2023 8:16 PM

Poll: » With who will Daidouji Tomoyo and Li Mei Ling end up or will they end up single ?

KingSunWukong - Nov 11, 2023

7 by KingSunWukong »»
Nov 12, 2023 10:08 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.