Forum Settings
Forums

Do you add anime you watched as a child to your anime list?

New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 16, 2018 10:36 PM

Jul 2017
There are a lot of childhood anime that I've watched but I haven't completed, so I'm only adding them if I actually completed those anime.
Apr 16, 2018 10:53 PM

Apr 2018
Yes, I add them when I know I watched at least 80% and remember most parts. Like, I definitely didn't watch every single Episode of DB but well, I still watched it a lot as a kid and I don't have the time to rewatch everything only to be sure that I really got it all now.
There are Animes though that I don't add like Captain Tsubasa because I can't even remember the storyline anymore.

That being said, my list is my list, yours is yours. I understand when People only add the Shows they actually watched every single Episode of.
Apr 16, 2018 10:58 PM

Feb 2018
MechKingKillbot said:
Yes. If I know I completed them, I add them to the list. If I know I watched an episode at least but I know I missed some episodes, then I won't count as completed until I "rewatch" it.

If it's a childhood or a show that I can't pinpoint the exact date, I date it the last day of the year since I can't only use a year for the completion date. To help estimate, I also look at English premiere dates. All childhood shows that I can remember watching, I have rewatched recently anyways.

You actually can only use a year for completion date, but it looks God ugly, wouldn't recommend it.
I also did that with dates, because I remember I binge watched Shippuden until a certain filler episode in s3 (because that was how far it got back then), so I approximated that I started around 10 days before that.
Apr 16, 2018 10:59 PM

Apr 2016
Nope, only the ones i rewatched from when i was a kid.
Apr 16, 2018 10:59 PM

Sep 2017
Yes, the animes I've watched as a child, I add them to my list.
Apr 16, 2018 11:07 PM
Oct 2016
I do add the anime which I watched in my childhood like inazuma eleven, dragon ball z, astro boy , bakugan ,blue dragon ,doreamon, bayblade etc there are some others but I don't remember their names.
But now I can't rewatch them. I can't bear the characters story anyone. Even dragon ball series was my favourite series when I was child I couldn't bring myself to watch Dragon ball super . There are other anime sequels of inazuma eleven bakugan which I don't plan to watch.
MujheKyunNikalaApr 16, 2018 11:17 PM
Apr 17, 2018 12:51 AM

Oct 2017
Nope, I haven't added any of the shows I watched as a kid...
Apr 17, 2018 10:10 AM

Aug 2017
no i add them as a parent not a child to my list
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 17, 2018 10:13 AM

Jul 2013
I only add them if I'm sure I have watched a long number of episodes + the end of the series.
Apr 17, 2018 11:19 AM

Apr 2017
I do add the ones that I remember how they ended.

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Apr 17, 2018 11:30 AM

Dec 2015
Of course ! SInce I basically lived all my childhood in front of the family TV monitor starting at 3 years old, I don't see any problem adding them. THe thing is that I don't remember the (french) names of many shows that didn't get multiple broadcasts so I usually rediscover them by accident (I forgot the names, not the content) and add them t that moment.
I often even register the starting dates when i know I tried it for the first time at the first broadcast (if the date is available online or in old TV magazines).

Plus, this is a substantial amount of OAVs and TV shows: french TV and the videomarket was flooded by japanese (animated and live) production at the time
Apr 17, 2018 6:12 PM
Nobody

Jul 2013
Nah cause I never really fully watched something as a child it was just what was on. Stuff I've ewatched since I've known anime as anime i've added
Apr 17, 2018 6:16 PM

Feb 2014
Only the ones I completed, I watched maybe half of Yu Yu Hakusho and Yu-Gi-Oh. I'll get to them eventually.
Apr 17, 2018 6:34 PM

Feb 2018
If I can remember them then yeah. The only animes I've watched as a child were Pokemon, Bakuman and stuff
Apr 17, 2018 6:38 PM

Nov 2015
No, i don't really remember enough about them to say that i "completed it".
Apr 17, 2018 6:42 PM
Apr 2018
A_Haiku_Unloose said:
The question is pretty straightforward - the anime you watched in your childhood, or simply a long time ago - do you add it to your list?

What about the dates? For example, I definitely watched Digimon Adventure and Dragon Ball around 2002-2004, and Yu-Gi-Oh around 2008, but cannot be too sure of exact dates, of course.

Yes digimon, pokemon, dragon ball z etc

Even garbage series I dropped first ep, one punch man, my hero, attack on Titan

Hell even Hentai I’ve added
Apr 17, 2018 7:15 PM

Oct 2017
I get careless and forget to add tons of things that I should and I watched a ton of anime then so whenever I happen to remember I go ahead and add.
Apr 17, 2018 7:18 PM

May 2017
only if I finished them, Dragon Ball, Pokemon, Rurouni Kenshin, Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, etc.

yes i do.
    CARP 9/12/18 Eterno
Apr 17, 2018 7:54 PM

Nov 2017
The first anime I watched was Dragon Ball. So, yea I would add childhood animes to my list.
Apr 17, 2018 8:54 PM

Apr 2014
If I remember it well enough to have a reasonable estimate for the number of episodes I saw, then yeah, I'll add it.

So, the first time I saw Digimon Tamers gets counted, because I remember watching the whole series, but Adventure doesn't because I only saw a few scattered episodes as a kid. I also didn't list Pokémon (except the movies), because although I've seen a number of episodes, it wasn't a significant number (in comparison to the monolith that it is) and it usually wasn't in chronological order. TBH, in Pokémon's and Digimon Adventure's cases, it was mostly the same few episodes over and over because video rental stores and tolerance for reruns both used to exist. XD

The rest of my childhood anime (Sailor Moon, Speed Racer, DBZ, and a few others) I barely even remember outside of a few vague snippets, so I don't count them at all.
SyssarethApr 17, 2018 9:03 PM
Apr 17, 2018 9:01 PM

May 2017
I haven't added any anime I watched as a kind, mostly because I know I missed episodes in most of the stuff I watched back then.
Apr 17, 2018 9:12 PM

Mar 2016
I added them. For the date I was watching them, I just guessed tho. I lost almost all anime that I downloaded in pre 2011 and 2011, so they aren't the exact date. For post 2012 tho, I still have most of them. So I know when I started and finished the show.
"People who don't see that anime has changed are either wearing "glasses" or watching only a certain type (and or era) of anime"
"Having a low mean score doesn't necessarily mean one doesn't enjoy anime. Rating system is not a school grading system."
"Elitist is people who think he is superior than others. Not necessarily ones who insulting/critisizing your favorite anime or people who enjoy a certain type of anime"
"Fanboy is people who translating "your favorite anime is shit" into "you are shit".
"Being a fanboy is an indication of elitism"
Apr 17, 2018 9:14 PM

Nov 2011
Only if I’m positive I watched every episode. I watched tons of Pokémon but I don’t add it because I can’t say with confidence I watched it all. The only longer childhood show I have on there is naruto since I did a watch through in high school.

Apr 17, 2018 9:20 PM

Nov 2013
There are lots childhood of anime that I watched almost all episodes, missed some, but I did watch the final episodes. I'm conflicted whether I should add them to my completed list or not since I didn't watch all episodes. Finally I decided NOT to add them. ex: Honey bee hutch, Minky Momo, etc.

I do add those that I rewatched like Gundam Wing or Dragon Ball
Apr 17, 2018 9:31 PM

May 2009
Anime I watched as a kid is easy to track because I can look up its airing duration over here.
I add the ones I know I watched till the end, even if I just have some flashes from final episodes or such. Don't care if I can't remember shit. I can't remember shit I watched 2 years ago and that doesn't make me go deleting them from my list.
Apr 17, 2018 10:18 PM

Mar 2009
A_Haiku_Unloose said:
The question is pretty straightforward - the anime you watched in your childhood, or simply a long time ago - do you add it to your list?

What about the dates? For example, I definitely watched Digimon Adventure and Dragon Ball around 2002-2004, and Yu-Gi-Oh around 2008, but cannot be too sure of exact dates, of course.

When I first joined this site, I spent around 3 weeks (a few hours every day of each week) going through the ENTIRE database. I knew there were anime's that I was not remembering either the name or content of.
And I wanted to get all of the anime's that I had ever seen on here (I suppose it was my OCD).

I started at the #'s and A's and went through all of the series from A-Z.... That was in 2009.

So, yes, I added series/movies that I watched as a kid.
Since I was in my early 20's I could only remember images from some of them. Or only parts of names (and it wasn't easy since those names were English, and you can't see the English names till you click on a entry)... And I had been watching anime on and off since I was a toddler in the late 80's (I was born in 1985) and very early 90's (I only got seriously into anime when I was about 12).

As for years and dates.... I input the general years that I likely watched them in (based on my memory, the years that it likely was dubbed in English (sometimes looking it up on Google) and keeping in mind how often episodes were (if it wasn't a movie) likely aired in that timeline here in the US when I was a kid).

I just put the years only, though.... My OCD relented on making me spend hours on end trying to remember dates that far in the past (given also, that I didn't pay attention that closely to exact dates for things that were not holidays I liked).... So, while part of me wants exact dates, I managed to stifle it to make due with getting all of them (or most) added to my list.
Anything I was unsure of, I bothered my mother, asking her if SHE remembered (when something seemed familiar, but I couldn't outright fully recall it) me watching things and reading her the synopsis info, as well.

As for a rating, I based them on how fondly I felt towards something, as I was rediscovering it.
Even if I might hate it now that I'm not a small child anymore. I based it on the memories and feelings I had towards the title. If I had no feelings at all, I either rated it around a 5 or 6 or left it's rating blank.
windeen-windyApr 17, 2018 10:28 PM
Apr 17, 2018 10:24 PM

Oct 2017
I did.

I literally browse through all the pre 2000 anime and start adding lots of childhood anime on my list :D

Such nostalgic to see those title again!
Apr 17, 2018 10:29 PM

Feb 2014
I don't add them until I rewatch them. I add them to my PTW list.

Many anime that were aired outside Japan were often left abruptly, best example would be Naruto in India. They only aired 51 or so episodes. If I remember the names of the anime I watched as a child, I usually finish watching them and then add them to my list.
Apr 17, 2018 10:39 PM

Jan 2017
No i dont. Coz i dont remember whether i finished those series or not. And i used to watch them on tv so there is always a possibility that i might have skipped some episodes even if i finished some of them.
Apr 17, 2018 11:24 PM

Feb 2018
Kurniawan_Ktr said:
I added them. For the date I was watching them, I just guessed tho. I lost almost all anime that I downloaded in pre 2011 and 2011, so they aren't the exact date. For post 2012 tho, I still have most of them. So I know when I started and finished the show.

Yeah, I think I am going to do the same for my shows. I actually did rewatch all of them (except DB), so why not?
Ventus_S said:
I did.

I literally browse through all the pre 2000 anime and start adding lots of childhood anime on my list :D

That sounds like a fun thing to do! I only watched a couple of shows, so there isn't something like that for me to do, though.
windeen-windy said:
When I first joined this site, I spent around 3 weeks (a few hours every day of each week) going through the ENTIRE database. I knew there were anime's that I was not remembering either the name or content of.
And I wanted to get all of the anime's that I had ever seen on here (I suppose it was my OCD).

I started at the #'s and A's and went through all of the series from A-Z.... That was in 2009.

Since I was in my early 20's I could only remember images from some of them. Or only parts of names (and it wasn't easy since those names were English, and you can't see the English names till you click on a entry)... And I had been watching anime on and off since I was a toddler in the late 80's (I was born in 1985) and very early 90's (I only got seriously into anime when I was about 12).

As for years and dates.... I input the general years that I likely watched them in (based on my memory, the years that it likely was dubbed in English (sometimes looking it up on Google) and keeping in mind how often episodes were (if it wasn't a movie) likely aired in that timeline here in the US when I was a kid).

I just put the years only, though.... My OCD relented on making me spend hours on end trying to remember dates that far in the past (given also, that I didn't pay attention that closely to exact dates for things that were not holidays I liked).... So, while part of me wants exact dates, I managed to stifle it to make due with getting all of them (or most) added to my list.
Anything I was unsure of, I bothered my mother, asking her if SHE remembered (when something seemed familiar, but I couldn't outright fully recall it) me watching things and reading her the synopsis info, as well.

As for a rating, I based them on how fondly I felt towards something, as I was rediscovering it.
Even if I might hate it now that I'm not a small child anymore. I based it on the memories and feelings I had towards the title. If I had no feelings at all, I either rated it around a 5 or 6 or left it's rating blank.

Wow! Impressive! Quite a tedious job, if I may say, but the results are worth it.
Ugh, I know, the dates are tricky, of course you cannot know for sure, but for my OCD, it's better to have a random date than to see that hideous 00-00-03. :D
Apr 17, 2018 11:50 PM

Mar 2009
A_Haiku_Unloose said:
Kurniawan_Ktr said:

Yeah, I think I am going to do the same for my shows. I actually did rewatch all of them (except DB), so why not?
Ventus_S said:
I did.

That sounds like a fun thing to do! I only watched a couple of shows, so there isn't something like that for me to do, though.
windeen-windy said:

Wow! Impressive! Quite a tedious job, if I may say, but the results are worth it.
Ugh, I know, the dates are tricky, of course you cannot know for sure, but for my OCD, it's better to have a random date than to see that hideous 00-00-03. :D

Yeah... All those 0's bother me, as well... I try not to look lol.
It was tedious. I kept wondering if my patience would give out before I ran out of database entries. But I was determined. I didn't even go near the forums or clubs sections, till I reached the end of the Z's.
Apr 17, 2018 11:53 PM
Jun 2016
I will, least the ones I know I finished, though I keep adding new ones from time to time that I remember heh.
Apr 18, 2018 12:28 AM

Nov 2009
-SP- said:
Only if I completed them, otherwise I re-watch them.

I do this exact same thing. I'm slowly trying to re-watch all of the anime I remember from my childhood that I'm not 100% certain I completed. I've got most of them knocked out by now, but there's the occasional title I can't find (i.e. Tama and Friends).

I actually really like kid's anime, as well as reliving my childhood. I recently finished re-watching the first two seasons of Digimon in anticipation of the final Digimon Tri movie in a couple of weeks, though I actually re-watch Digimon every couple of years anyways. There really isn't an age limit on this stuff; it's still enjoyable at 29!
Apr 18, 2018 12:46 AM

Feb 2018
IntoOpenWaters said:
-SP- said:
Only if I completed them, otherwise I re-watch them.

I do this exact same thing. I'm slowly trying to re-watch all of the anime I remember from my childhood that I'm not 100% certain I completed. I've got most of them knocked out by now, but there's the occasional title I can't find (i.e. Tama and Friends).

I actually really like kid's anime, as well as reliving my childhood. I recently finished re-watching the first two seasons of Digimon in anticipation of the final Digimon Tri movie in a couple of weeks, though I actually re-watch Digimon every couple of years anyways. There really isn't an age limit on this stuff; it's still enjoyable at 29!

Yes, Digimon adventure is still amazing after all these years, definitely. It has the "Kids" tag, but there is nothing "Kiddy" about the episode of Yamato in the cave. :D
Apr 18, 2018 12:59 AM

May 2015
Only if I completed them. I did watch Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, and Dragon Ball GT back in the day, but I don't remember if I completed them.

I also watched Digimon Frontier, and while I did watch to the final episode, I didn't watch every episode, so I'll have to watch it again.

I also watched Mega Man NT Warrior, but I forgot which season I left off on. I think it was Axess? I was trying to play the game and watch the anime at the same time. I stopped on the third game...I'll have to play catch up....but I only have so much time...

And I'm definitely sure that I watched the entire first "season" of Pokemon, so that's on my list, but everything else is bits and pieces. No way will I be able to catch up on all of those episodes...
Apr 18, 2018 1:11 AM

Feb 2015
I will try to add them depending on the show like pokemon, dbz, digimon, yu-gi-oh, etc. Sometime i forget on enjoyment i get like for example sailor moon. I finish watching it that but can't rate it due it long time, can't have same experience and passion.

Apr 18, 2018 4:43 AM

Jun 2011
I have rewatched most things I saw as a kid. I see no issue with people adding them. Like, I added Rave Master. I really don't plan on rewatching that, but it was once apart of my early morning routine.
The anime community in a nutshell.
Apr 18, 2018 4:45 AM

Jun 2011
Tarotist said:
Only if I completed them. I did watch Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, and Dragon Ball GT back in the day, but I don't remember if I completed them.

I also watched Digimon Frontier, and while I did watch to the final episode, I didn't watch every episode, so I'll have to watch it again.

I also watched Mega Man NT Warrior, but I forgot which season I left off on. I think it was Axess? I was trying to play the game and watch the anime at the same time. I stopped on the third game...I'll have to play catch up....but I only have so much time...

And I'm definitely sure that I watched the entire first "season" of Pokemon, so that's on my list, but everything else is bits and pieces. No way will I be able to catch up on all of those episodes...

LOL. I have rewatched Pokemon through XY. It is possible. You just kinda play it before bed as a daily routine.
The anime community in a nutshell.
Apr 18, 2018 4:48 AM

Nov 2014
I will if I rewatch them in full, so most of the time no.

There are many of them that appeared on TV back when I was young. Once I've tried searching up whatever I can remember on MAL, turns out lots of them are pretty long and obscure. I'll probably never get to actually watching them in full.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Apr 18, 2018 5:50 AM

Jan 2017
I add them if I remember I 'finished' them. For example, I watched Naruto Shippuden as a child but I didn't put it on my list. When it comes to date and rating, I don't bother if I can't really remember them.
Apr 18, 2018 7:19 AM
Jul 2018
No, I don't. I would have finished like a thousand more episodes if I did
Apr 18, 2018 7:23 AM

Mar 2018
Of course I add them. Especially Digimon Adventure. I even added it to my favorites a while ago but I feel a little childish so I removed it. Digimon is the best childhood memory of mine and I treasure it very much. It's the gateway anime for me which made who I am today.

As for the dates, not only Digimon, I don't add dates for all animes I watched, even if I remember them. I'm not good with numbers and it seems like a chore to me.

Apr 18, 2018 9:38 AM

Jun 2017
Yep! Not the actual dates, tho. It was a long time ago (or at least it feels like it). It was fun revisiting them.
Apr 18, 2018 9:59 AM

Mar 2017
I do add anime I remember watching as a kid, but I never bother troubling myself over add dates anyways. Occasionally I have trouble remembering how far I got, and I have to go Wikipedia the episode list and see where the last arc I remember falls.
"Bang." -Spike Spiegal

"Everything... is connected." -Lain Iwakura

"Life is too short to watch bad anime. Long Live the 1st Episode Drop." -InkSpider

"Anime fans make me embarrassed to be an anime fan." -InkSpider
Apr 18, 2018 12:09 PM

Aug 2015
Yeah, I just use the list as it was intended. As a kid I watched YuGiOh and Pokemon, but I only vaguely remember the stories and events.
Apr 18, 2018 12:15 PM
Jul 2018
The ones that I remember, and I rate some of them, other ones i dont remember as fondly I dont rate
Apr 18, 2018 12:15 PM

Aug 2017
I've added the few shows I can remember, except for all the pokemon anime as there are far too many :P
Apr 18, 2018 12:18 PM

Apr 2017
I add them to my list when I got bored though I have no idea what year they were, all I know is that my weeab stage was in 4th or 5th grade.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 18, 2018 3:55 PM

Feb 2017
As a kid the only anime I saw was on TV, but those don't count considering all that aired was about 3 eps of naruto a week with 2 repeats. When I first got into anime I was in secondary school/high school so I got those on my list.

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Is anime just more honest about it's intent than western media?

Spunkert - 2 hours ago

3 by FanofAction »»
4 minutes ago

» Is there an anime character who looks like you in real life?

Alpha_1_Zero - 1 hour ago

4 by Rinrinka »»
8 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - Yesterday

47 by LostSpectre »»
14 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

136 by FanofAction »»
42 minutes ago

Poll: » Legs or arms?

Absurdo_N - 4 hours ago

18 by Vaturna »»
58 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.