Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 7, 2018 5:12 AM

Jan 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Crunchyroll is simulcasting Major 2nd! The episode just came out and it's amazing to see Major back!

Nostalgic while still getting right to the point, Goro's son Daigo is not a baseball genius like the rest of his family. That fact alone will make this series very interesting because we will see the growth of Daigo, which was what made Major so good in the first place, Goro's growth throughout difficult times.

The nostalgia hit me right in the feels when the first opening started playing, looks like we're in for a ride!!
Also, this is how you make a direct sequel with the son as the new MC, take notes Boruto.
FireFistYKApr 7, 2018 5:22 AM
Apr 7, 2018 5:40 AM

Nov 2016
Daigos situation must be very tough,not being blessed with talent and pressured to meet certain standards sure aint't easy.

Will certainly be interesting to see his growth and I'm also looking forward to see more characters from the prequel.

Solid start overall,must say that I'm already hooked.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 7, 2018 5:45 AM

Dec 2015
Never thought i'd see sequel of Major. Seems like Daigo isn't as talented as Goro. Will be interesting to see his character growth. Also, hearing first opening brought so much memories, can't wait for next episode.
Apr 7, 2018 5:45 AM

Sep 2013
That Major 1 opening when Goro leaves,right in the feels.

Solid start overall,looks like by the opening Daigo will be a catcher,that's the first time a baseball anime is focused on a character other than a pitcher and that interest me a lot.

I'm so glad the best sport anime ever made is back,7 long years i waited :D
Deep dark fantasies
Apr 7, 2018 6:10 AM
Aug 2008
I have read some chapters of Major 2nd back in 2015 but it was just ok. But damn as anime it looks amazing. This meme says it all.

Apr 7, 2018 6:14 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Another sports series and another remembers and feelings!!!
Well, Daigo, Goro son, is here and want to be history in the baseball!!!
Nice first episode although the quality animation was poor, but here it´s not th emost important!!! kekeke
Apr 7, 2018 6:15 AM

Mar 2015
I never thought I'd see Major 2nd be adapted. God I'm so fucking HYPED.

Anyways, it started well. Just hoping it will stay well, though I'm sure it will.
woah there
Apr 7, 2018 6:31 AM

Jul 2015
I legit finished watching the original Major hours ago, going from 6+ episodes per day to one per week is going to suck q_q

Goro's shadow is too strong for Daigo and he can't handle his underwhelming performance, let's see if Satou's son will change that.

Seeing them bringing up characters from the original was so cool, and OP1 played as insert as well, damn!
Apr 7, 2018 6:42 AM

Mar 2016
Well, Major it's back, and it's great. Somehow Daigo reminded me of Gorou's stepbrother, who also struggled with something similar in the sixth season. This series hasn't lost the 'feelings touch' of the past seasons and yet have some comedic moments. I totally liked it and want more, too bad that now I have to wait for the next episode.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Apr 7, 2018 6:46 AM

Feb 2013
The pressure killed Daigo.
He needs to practice more and more and more.
Toshi's son is here!
Apr 7, 2018 6:54 AM

Jan 2017
Major is back and it definitely started well with the first episode. It was a nice touch to play the original OP during the episode.
Apr 7, 2018 7:06 AM
Jul 2012
Definitely was an enjoyable first episode.
Apr 7, 2018 7:10 AM

Oct 2012
The feels though.
Too much pressure for Daigo and Gorou just joined anime dad club, being forever absent.
Apr 7, 2018 7:25 AM

Oct 2017
I really like this author's work when the emphasis is NOT on baseball match.

This author is very good at creating drama and touching situations, so I really enjoy the daily life part much more .

It's very nice to have a reboot so the highlight is pull away from matches.
I like the fact the studio takes their time to make Diago's situation more sensitive by elaborating it in great detail so we would actually empathize him more.

In manga, it only spends 2 pages to explain his situation, which makes him much more unlikable in many people's eyes.
I can totally understand his situation though.
Ventus_SApr 7, 2018 4:24 PM
Apr 7, 2018 8:02 AM

Dec 2014
It was an okay first episode, though I wish they would've used the original OP as an insert song on something more impactful.
Apr 7, 2018 8:08 AM
Jun 2017
Other anime series which have continuation should take lesson from Major 2nd. All my Major feelings came back again. FeelsGoodMan
Apr 7, 2018 8:54 AM
Apr 2010
feelsgoodman they back
Apr 7, 2018 9:07 AM

Apr 2011
Hopefully this anime will incite people to translate the rest of the manga's chapters :/
Apr 7, 2018 9:16 AM
Aug 2008
animiya said:
Other anime series which have continuation should take lesson from Major 2nd. All my Major feelings came back again. FeelsGoodMan

*crying in boruto*
Apr 7, 2018 10:36 AM
Jun 2016
Looking forward to this :> Just passed halfway point of S4, so should be ready to watch by end of april if not sooner.
Apr 7, 2018 10:41 AM

Dec 2011
I miss Major even if it is a sequel about Goro and Toshi's son.
Apr 7, 2018 11:31 AM

Sep 2010
I didn't expect to see Major2 at this point. I read few chapters of it after finishing the original series at some point and I didn't think it would get adapted because, this anime really strikes on the same feels that original Major did and rather than being pure sport series, it gives us much more towards the storyline and the characters rather than the matches themselves. Other than that with this still being called "MAJOR", MC is expected to do actually go play in Major at some point but for that to happen we would need even longer than it happened in original.

That being said, this old style of sport anime sure is refreshing in the sea of yaoi anime... emm... correction I meant sport anime but we all know what sport anime are really about nowadays.
Apr 7, 2018 11:37 AM
Aug 2012
The worst OP of all majors seasons.
Apr 7, 2018 12:25 PM

Dec 2010
Really enjoyed this episode and liked the ED. Made me want to re-watch Major.
Apr 7, 2018 1:18 PM

Jun 2012
I LOVE the original Major series.
I thought this wouldn't be that good but I really like that Daigo isn't op like his dad (or Izumi) but rather he'll grow as the time goes
Apr 7, 2018 1:44 PM
Jul 2018
Whoa sugoi episode!! The art definitely improved compared to its prequel series. The pacing also much improved and going much slower than original (hoping at this rate its aiming for 2-cour). I am liking the drama is bit different for Daigo this time (while Goro faced family problem in his past) and really felt nostalgia seeing the return of some old characters. Overall, the start really lived upto my expectation as it deservely captured the original show's charm. This will get better from here (as far as I read the manga). Can't wait to see Toshiya!
Apr 7, 2018 3:33 PM
Jun 2017
Wow!!! Shigeno's family really loves baseball, from father, mother, daughter and the younger son. Sadly for Daigo his skills arent yet there plus the fact that he is a shigeno so the pressure is right there.

Nice first episode, it has shown some of the characters that will be seeing in this new series!!!
Apr 7, 2018 3:41 PM

Apr 2010
They've definitely invested a fair bit into Major 2nd. Major sells fairly well so I am happy they did a great job of the animation and voice acting.

Solid first episode here and looking forward to the future ep's. Fans of the first Major series will enjoy this one as well.
Apr 7, 2018 4:37 PM
Jan 2017
After watching this episode, I'm so fucking hyped!
Apr 7, 2018 5:30 PM

Aug 2013
What a great first episode.

When Opening 1 from the original Major starting playing during the airport scene, It genuinely made me tear up a little. How far we've come.

Considering how successful Major 2nd manga is in Japan, It's fair to say we're in for quite a ride!

Apr 7, 2018 5:50 PM

Mar 2015
Great to see a lot of the characters from the original Major. Good start. Hope it has at least 25 episodes.
Apr 7, 2018 6:05 PM

Aug 2007
Diago isn't a prodigy like his father, destined to be great from the very outset, but I do like Major 2nd is more realistic to life than the original (a point of criticism Mitsuda-san got with his earlier work, not being realistic enough).

That said, the first episode was much too fast paced covering several chapters of the manga with a bit of nostalgia mixed in. I almost shed a tear hearing Goro's voice and one of the original insert soundtracks. We got to see what drove Diago to like baseball as well as hate it. Hikaru is introduced with a bit of Izumi subplot. I hope they focus on her a bit as well. She clearly got Goro's talents. Depending on how far the direction goes, I don't expect this to last more than 12/13 episodes and 25/6 episodes would be pushing it considering there are less than 130 chapters or 13 volumes of the manga (the original manga had about 50 volumes of content before the anime started) - but might be possible with A LOT of flashbacks to Goro's own life as a young player.

Nonetheless, a good starting episode and I hope they keep it entertaining without a lot of drag or drama.
A bit disappointed knowing this anime came about way too early and shall be a one and done series.
alchemist11Apr 7, 2018 6:09 PM
Team Leader & Manager of ray=out.
A non-profit independent Japanese and Chinese anime/manga translation and subtitle provider.
http://rayout.org/ - Browse through our site to get to know us better.
Apr 7, 2018 8:46 PM
Jan 2016
a better beginning than the manga for sure, really empathising his struggle, the manga didn't start the best its good that studio filled in some of the gaps and rearranged some events.
Apr 7, 2018 9:45 PM

Feb 2010
i was worried that no one would simulcast this so i was superrrr happy when crunchy made the announcement ;o;

it's nice to see 2nd gen goro and toshi on screen now jst waiting till the battery is formed!
Apr 7, 2018 11:59 PM

Oct 2017
Nerd_Zone1 said:
a better beginning than the manga for sure, really empathising his struggle, the manga didn't start the best its good that studio filled in some of the gaps and rearranged some events.

The manga did show his struggling in later chapters though, not from the get go.

What I dislike about the anime is they show the face of dad Goro way too early.
Manga reserved him for much later. They could at least try to make his face shadowy for first episode instead of spoil it outright in OP/ beginning.
Apr 8, 2018 12:44 AM
Jan 2016
Ventus_S said:
Nerd_Zone1 said:

The manga did show his struggling in later chapters though, not from the get go.

What I dislike about the anime is they show the face of dad Goro way too early.
Manga reserved him for much later. They could at least try to make his face shadowy for first episode instead of spoil it outright in OP/ beginning.

They is no point though, in Major: Message they showed his face from major message to this sequel its not really much of a time gap. They did show his struggle but they was no point hiding it, u rather see his perspective from the getgo so we can see the difference between Goro and his son.

Plus Emphasising this series is not a cash grab, but just the author wants to make a story in a different perspective.

Goro is the definition of hard work, talent and making the use of your situation

Daigo because of his upbringing he has far more opportunities than his father, is a hard worker, however, he is compared to his father and his lack of talent.

Apr 8, 2018 1:55 AM

May 2017
Lol that was hilarious, Daigo's fucking pathetic

Kaoru used to be a hot af tomboy but now she metamorph into a moeblob who looks like a middle schooler lol
Apr 8, 2018 8:14 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
I have the same opinion, the minute that Goro appeared before to take the fly to Taiwan, was the most emotional!!!
Apr 8, 2018 8:48 AM
Dec 2015
alchemist11 said:

That said, the first episode was much too fast paced covering several chapters of the manga with a bit of nostalgia mixed in. I almost shed a tear hearing Goro's voice and one of the original insert soundtracks. We got to see what drove Diago to like baseball as well as hate it. Hikaru is introduced with a bit of Izumi subplot. I hope they focus on her a bit as well. She clearly got Goro's talents. Depending on how far the direction goes, I don't expect this to last more than 12/13 episodes and 25/6 episodes would be pushing it considering there are less than 130 chapters or 13 volumes of the manga (the original manga had about 50 volumes of content before the anime started) - but might be possible with A LOT of flashbacks to Goro's own life as a young player.

It's not exactly fast-paced, in fact this first episode covered only the first chapter (also same chapter title). Hikaru was introduced at the end of chapter 1 and Daigo's struggles was elaborated in the anime when it was only a few pages illustrating it. Next ep has the same title of chapter 2 but it will probably cover 4-5 chapters.

Also, you can expect a safe 2-cour assumption simply because the little league arc ends in 90 chapters, which is a fairly long one and middle school arc is only going for 30ch right now.
Apr 8, 2018 8:12 PM

Aug 2007
Loyalty06 said:
It's not exactly fast-paced...

To each their own. The title of the chapters don't represent the title in the manga. We've seen this case with the Cross Game anime. There are cross overs between the manga and anime. The scene in chapter two of the manga where he talks with his sister and the 'broken' game boy appears in this episode. Let's not assume it will be 26-episodes right away. That could happen over two seasons of 13-episodes. As of right now, I don't see it being a one shot 26 episode series.
Team Leader & Manager of ray=out.
A non-profit independent Japanese and Chinese anime/manga translation and subtitle provider.
http://rayout.org/ - Browse through our site to get to know us better.
Apr 9, 2018 3:19 AM
Dec 2015
alchemist11 said:
Loyalty06 said:
It's not exactly fast-paced...

To each their own. The title of the chapters don't represent the title in the manga. We've seen this case with the Cross Game anime. There are cross overs between the manga and anime. The scene in chapter two of the manga where he talks with his sister and the 'broken' game boy appears in this episode. Let's not assume it will be 26-episodes right away. That could happen over two seasons of 13-episodes. As of right now, I don't see it being a one shot 26 episode series.

I'm not saying that the chapter titles equals the anime, I mentioned that as in the substance of their context. All I'm saying is it's not exactly fast-paced as you mention because they did elaborate on Chapter 1 (chronologically too) and the broken gameboy conversation scene did not appear this episode. Only implied when the gameboy was dropped but the conversation of what it means in Chapter 2 will probably be on the next episode. So I really couldn't understand why it's fast-paced. If anything, covering 3 chapters each more or less is a moderate pace since it's a weekly manga.

Also, I'm not saying it will have a 26 eps right away, it could be a split-cours or nonstop but the pacing of this episode and the amount of material for the finished arc is more than enough. That's not exactly a confirmation but they haven't revealed some characters in the OP yet (but on the promotional pics) which will be relevant in the next cour when it happens.
Apr 9, 2018 12:56 PM

Jul 2012
I'm fucking crying...

I'm so happy that we got to have Goro make multiple appearances in this episode.

Everything is so. I'm so emotional. I love that this will get it's own TV series, hopefully a longrunner or at least as much as Daiya no Ace (100+ eps)

Ranxomare said:
I have the same opinion, the minute that Goro appeared before to take the fly to Taiwan, was the most emotional!!!

RAISE YOUR HANDS IF YOU CRIED
Apr 9, 2018 10:34 PM

Dec 2015
I m exacting.. Omg I can't wait until next week.. This is sequel the legendary anime sport.. I give 10 for that
Apr 11, 2018 4:59 PM

Jun 2013
the pressure of expectations... fuck that man that shit is hard
Apr 12, 2018 11:14 PM

Jan 2014
I'M SO EMOTIONAL.
Apr 13, 2018 3:33 PM
Jul 2018
I felt like crying so hard, the nostalgia was amazing.
Apr 14, 2018 5:15 AM
Jan 2016
btw this episode adapted 3 chapters, that's exactly what needed not too slow either too fast, better than than the 2 chapters per episode allows more leeway.

This is a good sign, however considering how much volumes are out i think about 10-11 so assuming it stays like this.

assume it stays like this if its 13 ep then 39chapters

if its like major 25-26 per season then be around 75 chapters per season.

however if the series comes every 2 years this could work quite well however if the studio justs wants yearly and do 13 per year then that should give alot of breathing room for the manga and anime to adapt.

Apr 14, 2018 9:55 PM

Jan 2013
Big fan of Major, wonder if this will live up to expectations just like Goro's son.
Apr 19, 2018 5:12 AM

Jul 2017
Just finished binge watching the entire Major series for a few days and it's one of the best anime series I've ever seen.

So, after that tiring binge, I finally started this show and I will say, while its not as great as the original show, this was a bloody good first episode.

Poor Daigo for being opposite to his father for his athletic talents. I'm interested to see where this show goes and I'm really hoping it tries to not copy the original series a lot.
Apr 19, 2018 10:34 PM
Jul 2017
ropiel said:
That Major 1 opening when Goro leaves,right in the feels.

Solid start overall,looks like by the opening Daigo will be a catcher,that's the first time a baseball anime is focused on a character other than a pitcher and that interest me a lot.

I'm so glad the best sport anime ever made is back,7 long years i waited :D

Personally i think he would be the best shortstop, considering he dives for the ball and catches effectively but his throw power isnt quite there. But catcher is more likely since then they are essentially reversing the roles from the first series.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Major 2nd Episode 25 Discussion

ropiel - Sep 22, 2018

28 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jun 4, 2023 7:36 PM

Poll: » Major 2nd Episode 24 Discussion

shuffleair - Sep 15, 2018

22 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jun 4, 2023 6:39 PM

Poll: » Major 2nd (TV) Episode 5 Discussion

el_morris - May 5, 2018

22 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jun 4, 2023 12:37 AM

Poll: » Major 2nd (TV) Episode 4 Discussion

animejas - Apr 28, 2018

22 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jun 4, 2023 12:06 AM

Poll: » Major 2nd (TV) Episode 3 Discussion

animejas - Apr 21, 2018

26 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jun 3, 2023 11:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.