Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 7, 2018 3:41 AM
Jun 2017
I LIKED THIS SERIES!!! its first episode made me so interested in it, it has a combo of comedy and action on it... that Hina looks nice to watch with..
Apr 7, 2018 3:45 AM

Jul 2016
That was enjoyable and the comedy was pretty good. It seems like things are moving a bit too fast, but this will only have 12 episodes so it's understandable. I haven't read much of the manga yet but I have no idea who was the girl fighting at the beginning of the anime.

The expressions were on point and I can't wait for the introduction of the rest of the cast.
Futari wa Milky Holmes was a mistake
Yoshii did nothing wrong

Apr 7, 2018 3:54 AM

Feb 2018
This was aweeesommeeee, laughed so hard, this has great potential for AotS, best thing I have seen so far.

salman7 said:
Did she really kill all that gang?

I think she killed no one, that Nitta just finished off the boss himself. Everyone was alive when they flew out the window.

JLaxius said:
This looks pretty promising. I laughed alot at the "OOOOOOOOOOs" Nitta shouted and his expressions.

Me too, i was rofling, also for Ouchy, ouchy, ouchy. It was hilarious that everyone said the same thing every time.
I just hope they don't overdo the joke, hate it when anime finds a great joke, and then ruins it by overusing it throughout the entire show.

Apr 7, 2018 4:09 AM

Sep 2017
Great animation, great comedy, a really good relationship already established between the two main characters... I'm loving this show. Let's just hope that it keeps this up, because it could be the sleeper hit of the season.
Apr 7, 2018 4:22 AM
Mar 2018
hinamatsuri keep delivering fresh joke on each chapter, so you don't have to worry about over-used joke

i just hope that they didn't fucked up the Anzumatsuri since it seem that they are going to show anzu next ep
Apr 7, 2018 4:31 AM
Jul 2017
Great animation.Comedy is on point.Hina kawaii.I am looking forward to it.
Apr 7, 2018 4:31 AM

Jan 2015
Uhm... a pretty decent episode i guess :) I was looking forward to this one(even if its mainly because of Hina in the name :D) never reading synopsis, i wasnt quite sure what to expect. What i was considering that its gonna be either a gag comedy anime, or something like Hakata ramens? more action -oriented. But in no realm i was expecting a Mob psycho LOL. No seriously i wasnt expecting her to be psychic and Nitta looks similar to Reigen at first, but by the end of the episode i guess he is different..

Pretty interesting to start the story with foreshadowing(3 years in to the future) interesting to see who the girl is gonna be.
Not sure if i like how they met up, it was pretty convenient for her to appear there(UNLESS there'd be some plot twist and some reason for her to be there)
Also uncensored? feel? explain? I guess its not an ecchi anime so one uncensored ass doenst say much.

Kinda weird how he accepted her so quickly??? despite how little time passed, oh right i wonder how much time passed? Anyway tho, she broke his expenesive collection but he is pretty forgiving and kind-hearted so here have a breakfast and stay here as long as you want :D
"Im not dude, im Hina" best quote of the season :D

Now about the charcters, i wasnt aware that Hina would be such a robot :D Nitta tho on the other hand really satisfied me, he is pretty kind-hearted, clap for him for not using Hina even if it would benefit him and being really nice to her, asking what she wants and being a good caretaker in general. And i like stories centered around yakkuzas and since MC isnt a mean person at all, its intersting to connect and follow him.

About visuals: im glad that it looks pretty good, 9/10 for me probably, characters look pretty sweet.

Also i cant resist not saying how much i like and appreciate story being so smooth, transitions are really perfect too.It doesnt feel like anime just does whatever it wants or that things dont make sense.It feels that, thiis is how things need to be, this is the story.

ED is ok i guess, excited to see what the OP is like.
Hina's seyuu is completely new huh? she does sound nice i guess, i can sense that she is weaker than some of the more prominent seyuus tho, but she is doing great, so no complaints :)
Excited to see more of her and the anime >_<
Apr 7, 2018 5:07 AM

Mar 2018
The ending of episode 1 was hilarious. The TERMINATOR.
Apr 7, 2018 5:12 AM

Jan 2016
This was a very good start. Love the comedy and the setting. I want to learn mrore of Hina's backstory tho. The art style and the animation look nice, warm to your hearth. My favorite scenes:

Also, all those "Ouchys" :P
Apr 7, 2018 5:15 AM

Mar 2014
This wasn't bad, I guess. Not sure it's something I have to watch week-to-week, but I guess I'll continue it if I have time.
I'm typically not into characters like Hina, who are unfamiliar with the world around them and the basic rules and etiquette of said world, but for some reason it works here. Maybe because it's played for laughs?

Nitta is a pretty basic character as well, but the dynamic between him & Hina seems to work pretty well where I can forgive the archetypal character writing.

::End of Transmission::

Apr 7, 2018 5:27 AM

Jun 2016
Another good first episode for this season. Jeez. I swear this season has a lot of anime with great first episode, I hope it continues.

This show had me convince to continue watching it. I laughed throughout.

Yakuza with a cute and powerful little kid? Sign me the fuck up. Haha. Nitta and Hina relationship is so cute and that last scene. Hahaha.

I swear that last scene was an Attack on Titan reference. Hahaha.

5/5. <3

P.S. So, everything that happened with Nitta and Hina is Hina's past? Like three years ago? Jeez. I wonder what happened to Nitta 3 years later. I'm scared.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Apr 7, 2018 5:35 AM

Jun 2013
TheDoggoneGirl said:
Another good first episode for this season. Jeez. I swear this season has a lot of anime with great first episode, I hope it continues.

This show had me convince to continue watching it. I laughed throughout.

Yakuza with a cute and powerful little kid? Sign me the fuck up. Haha. Nitta and Hina relationship is so cute and that last scene. Hahaha.

I swear that last scene was an Attack on Titan reference. Hahaha.

5/5. <3

P.S. So, everything that happened with Nitta and Hina is Hina's past? Like three years ago? Jeez. I wonder what happened to Nitta 3 years later. I'm scared.

There's a 3-year time skip on the manga. So a lot really happened. In the anime, the first minute which you can see Mao fighting group of monks/martial artist is the current time frame from the manga (Well, not that current time frame since
). The time skip happened on chapter 47 in manga.
vicexxvApr 7, 2018 5:43 AM
Kitan~!
Apr 7, 2018 6:02 AM
Jul 2016
joshd73 said:
Where did you guys watch this?

Try Animegg.org or chi-anime.tv
Apr 7, 2018 6:03 AM

Jan 2017
What a nice start. Though, as the others said. Hina was accepted by Nitta pretty quick. Now I'm looking forward more to our best girl Hitomi. Btw, that action sequence with Mao was great.
Apr 7, 2018 6:08 AM

Dec 2011
That was a good start.I guess there will be time travel in it since 3 years later they are in Sengoku era.
That Terminator reference at the after credit scene was great :)
Apr 7, 2018 6:26 AM

Feb 2016
This new spin-off series Mo(e)b Psycho looks like it'll be a lot of fun.
Apr 7, 2018 6:40 AM

Aug 2008
omg the last minute made me laugh
The spider is watching
Apr 7, 2018 6:53 AM
Aug 2017
What a great start.

Comedy and charatcer interactions on point, getting strong Gintama vibes from this.

Make sure to watch the scene after credits ..

TERMINA*TOR
Apr 7, 2018 7:03 AM

Aug 2013
So much better than I expected. Now I'm really looking forward for future episodes. Sasuga Feel.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 7, 2018 7:04 AM

Sep 2012
Wtf was this? This made no sense at all, the characters are boring and plain to me, I doubt that I can enjoy this.
Trying to watch all available anime series so you won't have to anymore, the list of anime I can recommend is still in progress, tho
Apr 7, 2018 7:16 AM

Dec 2014
That was great, love the premise and dynamic between Nitta and Hina.

Interesting that all this is played as Hina's past and based of what we saw in the first scene I'm a little uneasy about what might happen in the future.
Apr 7, 2018 7:28 AM
Mar 2018
This was like as though Mob Psycho 100 and Violet Evergarden had a child. A weird but surprisingly happy child.

I enjoyed the relationship between Nitta and Hina, and although the pacing felt a bit too fast, it was incredibly entertaining nonetheless. The light-hearted comedy also was pretty funny and the art and animation direction was great—as expected of Studio Feel.

But because it’s a child of Mob Psycho 100 and Violet Evergarden, as well as a product of Studio Feel, I can only foresee some sort of drama or tragedy later on down the road.
Apr 7, 2018 7:31 AM
Mar 2018
I like it,

its funny :3
Apr 7, 2018 7:56 AM

Jan 2018
A very good first episode than almost a lot of animes aired this year so far.
Apr 7, 2018 8:00 AM

Dec 2014
I kinda liked the whole concept...the episode seemed good too... nice all the way
Apr 7, 2018 8:10 AM
Jun 2017
Wowww this series will be more funnier and heart-warming than expected. Already become favorite of this spring season. Nitta ma boy
Apr 7, 2018 8:13 AM

Jun 2017
I thought I'd try this one, but I ended up really enjoying this. I like that it's like a supernatural slice of life, haven't watched too many of those.
Apr 7, 2018 8:44 AM

Jun 2015
Holy crap, this was hilarious. Beautiful animation, right sense of humor for me, and great ending!
"If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then why not live beautifully until the end?"- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama
Apr 7, 2018 8:50 AM

Jun 2015
This was a very hilarious first episode. Nitta and Hina's chemistry is so funny. The ending with Nitta trying to get out of that thing was amusing.
Apr 7, 2018 8:50 AM

Dec 2014
AITA, bitches. Crunchyroll could've also subbed all the AITA's in the beginning for consistency, but ehh whatever.

Definitely different pacing than the manga, but I loved it regardless. Animation was absolutely stellar, and I trust that the quality will remain consistent.
I need sleep.
Apr 7, 2018 8:59 AM

Mar 2015
Oh boy, was I looking forward to this day, finally the anime of Hinamatsuri has come out :D And I am kinda impressed and absolutely happy how well the first episode is. Sure the story feels a little bit rushed compared to the Manga, but I think they combined the elements really good and it keeps the silent and mature humour. The animation, sound and voices are great and fit perfect. Can't await the next episodes *_*
But one thing did I miss (and as a cosplayer was I looking for a detailed picture^^) - Nitta's shoulder dragon tattoos. Hm maybe they forgot it?
Nevermind, I love the anime even at this time and hopefully the next 11 episodes won't let us down.
Apr 7, 2018 9:31 AM

Dec 2015
Jesus christ, this series is so mean-spirited XD

I can tell that this will be a fun watch, but I can't really stand kids that act like high-and-mighty brats all the time. Hopefully Hina can get more bearable as time goes on.

This art and animation is also surprisingly nice to look at for a gag comedy show, and no ugly CG students like in Tsuki ga Kirei? I am impressed feel. studio.

"Anime is trash and so am I."
Apr 7, 2018 9:38 AM
Nov 2017
Ahah. The dynamic between Hina an Nitta is great. Quite like the art style and the comedy is also pretty great. Ikurrrrrraaaaaaa! :p
Apr 7, 2018 9:55 AM

Nov 2011
It was okay, but from what I heard about it I thought it would be funnier...
Baby, daijobanai...
Apr 7, 2018 9:55 AM

Mar 2016
Mhmm this is super interesting !

I’m not sure how to describe this show but this little girl is a queen!

Anyways I think it’s great!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 2018 10:03 AM

Apr 2009
Gintamatsuri ???
Apr 7, 2018 10:09 AM

Apr 2015
Hahahah my reaction was like wtf since I expected to watch a common slice of life show but this looks promising. I wonder what else anime industries and manga writers will think of producing in the future lol
Apr 7, 2018 10:32 AM
Mar 2018
horitsubastudent said:
It was okay, but from what I heard about it I thought it would be funnier...

as long as they didn't rush it as much as ep 1 it will only get better in tern of comedy

i liked this series because the author rarely re-use joke
Apr 7, 2018 10:33 AM
Jan 2016
Lol i really waiting for this!! Nice start, Hina! 😂😂
Apr 7, 2018 10:48 AM

Nov 2016
I really like the characters and the concept, but this first episode felt really rushed. The development of the Nitta, Hina, and their bond needed more time dedicated to it. I hope the pacing slows down to a more reasonable pace here on out.
Apr 7, 2018 10:48 AM
Dec 2017
Wow I really wasn't expecting much from this but its actually proven to be one of my favourite animes thus far this season, the characters are interesting, the comedy's spot on, Hina is exceptionally cute, great anime, can't wait to see where it goes from here
Apr 7, 2018 11:09 AM
Jul 2017
I did not expect this anime to be this good... Its surprisingly entertaining with a few laughs here and there.
I love Hina already, can't wait to see more :D
Apr 7, 2018 11:12 AM
Jul 2017
dany_elle1908 said:
omg the last minute made me laugh

And Hina's reaction on point XD
Apr 7, 2018 11:23 AM

Aug 2012
One of my favorite this season even though the pacing is kinda fast.
Apr 7, 2018 11:25 AM

May 2015
TheServant said:
The animation was absolutely exceptional, even there's no action involved. I would be surprised if they could mantain this level of animation until the end. Unfortunately, the writing was quite weak. The pacing was really fast, the characterization was weak, & the jokes were mostly did not land at all. What a disappointment.

Do you watch anime just to drop them? Seriously, when is the last time you completed something that wasn't a movie?

Apr 7, 2018 11:26 AM
Oct 2017
Good comedy, charapters average
Apr 7, 2018 11:33 AM

Feb 2017
So far, this kind of reminds me of Alice to Zoroku, if Zoroku turned out to be an actual mobster, like he seemed when we first saw him :)
"I am not a Mochi Monster" - Nyanko Sensei
Apr 7, 2018 11:43 AM

Dec 2014
Kittens-kun said:
TheServant said:
The animation was absolutely exceptional, even there's no action involved. I would be surprised if they could mantain this level of animation until the end. Unfortunately, the writing was quite weak. The pacing was really fast, the characterization was weak, & the jokes were mostly did not land at all. What a disappointment.

Do you watch anime just to drop them? Seriously, when is the last time you completed something that wasn't a movie?

I think he's only trying out a new show. If the first episode doesn't grab him, then he doesn't have to watch the rest. Not like his arm's being twisted.
I need sleep.
Apr 7, 2018 11:45 AM

Sep 2017
A lot of fun and some great animation. I was surprised at how quick Hina literally dropped into his life and he was just accepting of it right away. It was pretty funny tbh. Looking forward to this.
Apr 7, 2018 11:48 AM

Jun 2016
Let's hope it ends up as good as Kobayashi because that's the closest anime I can compare it to regarding the theme /setting

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hinamatsuri Episode 11 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

41 by Rickiar »»
Apr 23, 4:04 AM

Poll: » Hinamatsuri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

RebelPanda - Aug 8, 2018

96 by FarCritical »»
Apr 12, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Best Gril? ( 1 2 )

Jhon_Bacon - May 16, 2018

64 by Animeistaken »»
Apr 12, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Hinamatsuri Episode 10 Discussion

37 by FarCritical »»
Apr 11, 10:52 AM

Poll: » Hinamatsuri Episode 9 Discussion

38 by FarCritical »»
Apr 11, 10:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.