Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 6, 2018 5:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Haha, this was great. The art style, comedy, and the characters so far entertained me. I'm really glad to see Hina animated even if there was parts of fan service for her in the beginning of the episode.

The character chemistry is really funny so far imo especially between Hina and Niita.

A very nice start so far. Too bad it's only 12 episodes but it should still be a a really entertaining ride :D

Apr 6, 2018 6:02 AM

Jun 2013
Nice start! I've been waiting for this hehehehe. I wonder why Hina went to school so early? She should be helping Nitta first then ask him about going to school. Well, whatever, I enjoyed the episode anyway XD
vicexxvApr 6, 2018 6:37 AM
Kitan~!
Apr 6, 2018 6:21 AM

Nov 2016
I didn't inform myself beforehand and this episode pretty much caught me off guard,since I wasn't expecting such great comedy.

Super enjoyable start.

face/5

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 6, 2018 8:34 AM
Mar 2018
vicexxv said:
Nice start! I've been waiting for this hehehehe. I wonder why Hina went to school so early? She should be helping Nitta first then ask him about going to school. Well, whatever, I enjoyed the episode anyway XD

it's obvious that they are trying to rush it
Apr 6, 2018 8:42 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
i liked the Hina character, adorable and .... funniest!!!
Well, the first episode seemed common but in a instant all changed, for better!!!
Nice first episode, a kind surprise!!!
Apr 6, 2018 8:55 AM

Jan 2015
So a standard question. Where do you watch it?
Apr 6, 2018 9:55 AM

Jun 2013
DandyMadao said:
vicexxv said:

it's obvious that they are trying to rush it

Episode 1 doesn't feel rushed to me. All I need to know is why did they mixed what happened on chapters 1 and 2. It's kinda weird.
Kitan~!
Apr 6, 2018 10:46 AM

Apr 2017
Mannn Such fluid.. sakuga... way too cheap if it gone to waste

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Apr 6, 2018 11:11 AM
Dec 2015
Where did you guys watch this?
Apr 6, 2018 12:45 PM

Jun 2013
joshd73 said:
Where did you guys watch this?
maybe they watch the raw which i refuse to Watch
Apr 6, 2018 1:15 PM

Dec 2015
Freaking awesome! It's like Saiki's sister.

Speaking of which, both gets subbed really slow so I had to watch it on bilibili
Apr 6, 2018 2:29 PM
Mar 2014
I dunno, even the author admitted that the pacing of volume one was a little weird since he didn't know yet where he was going to take the series and each chapter was trying a few new things out.

Assuming they don't lose any of the good skits I don't mind them mixing some of the more episodic stuff as long as they keep any important character growth scenes from them.

But we shall see.

Mob Psycho did the same thing (including a first episode scene that won't be truly relevant till a season 2) and it ended up turning out well.

But it just depends on if they adapt it good or bad from here on out.

I'm optimistic so far.......but it could always turn into a Claymore (which started and ran so well until the last couple episodes crashed and burned), which keeps me from being completely at ease.
ZanathKariashiApr 6, 2018 2:32 PM
Apr 6, 2018 3:43 PM

Dec 2017
the pace is somewhat very fast and random. Hina actually should be helping Nitta first on those Yakuza, then showing her psychic outburst in Nitta’s Yakuza headquarters, then construcion site, then school, but it’s still enjoyable because all the event can stand on it’s own.

and the comedy is not forced either, because the setting is pretty adultlike, we can only see Hina antics in here, which is in itself is already pretty funny. her flat expression and voice is amusing to watch for me. the animation is also very good.

and that Teminator iconic sounds in the end...

next episode should be the most peaceful school terrorist ever, which is pretty funny
Apr 6, 2018 3:46 PM

Sep 2009
Da hell! I'm watching only Saiki and Hina this season and both are so slowly subbed! Thankfully I read manga more than a few times so I can watch Hina raw (not Saiki though, its pacing is too much).

I was expecting more comedy tbh. There were a lot of moments that made me crack in manga but were somewhat flat in anime. But I'm still glad to see my favorite characters (Hitomi-chan!! So young, so pure!).

Hina is a good (relatively) girl! Poor child.

Nitta with hairs down! Sexy <3 But psssss part was disgusting =_=

I hope Hinamatsuri will gain some popularity and attract fast sub teams *_*
Apr 6, 2018 3:48 PM

Nov 2016
XXXXXXXXXIII said:

Speaking of which, both gets subbed really slow so I had to watch it on bilibili

That explains why the sub hasn't comed out.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2018 4:23 PM

Jun 2013
XXXXXXXXXIII said:

the weirdest thing is that found a russian dub of first ep, which sadly i havent learned yet T-T
Apr 6, 2018 4:37 PM

Sep 2016
I didn't read the manga and this is far better than I expected
I feel like Gintoki x Kagura seiyuu could be used instead for the main duo
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 6, 2018 4:46 PM
Jul 2018
Afloo said:
XXXXXXXXXIII said:

That explains why the sub hasn't comed out.

This is the saddest thing that i've read today T-T guess we have to wait like 2 or 3 days more
Apr 6, 2018 5:18 PM

Dec 2014
Banu02 said:
Da hell! I'm watching only Saiki and Hina this season and both are so slowly subbed! Thankfully I read manga more than a few times so I can watch Hina raw (not Saiki though, its pacing is too much).

I was expecting more comedy tbh. There were a lot of moments that made me crack in manga but were somewhat flat in anime. But I'm still glad to see my favorite characters (Hitomi-chan!! So young, so pure!).

Hina is a good (relatively) girl! Poor child.

Nitta with hairs down! Sexy <3 But psssss part was disgusting =_=

I hope Hinamatsuri will gain some popularity and attract fast sub teams *_*

Crunchyroll has it on their lineup, apparently. So if you sail the high seas you'd easily find it... once it comes out.
I need sleep.
Apr 6, 2018 10:01 PM

May 2010
Should be a nice series. That end lol
Apr 7, 2018 12:53 AM
Nov 2017
Now up on CR in the US. Enjoy. I certainly did.
Apr 7, 2018 12:55 AM

Oct 2012
That was surprisingly very enjoyable.
Apr 7, 2018 1:02 AM
Apr 2017
Lol that Ending XD
Apr 7, 2018 1:10 AM
May 2013
quirky, funny, cute and well animated. i have no idea where it's going but i like it so far.
Apr 7, 2018 1:14 AM

Dec 2016
This was great, I wasn't sure what I was going to get but I loved this.

Ouchy, ouchy, ouchy, ouchy, ouchy, god that was funny watching Hina destroy that mob.

I do feel sorry for Nitta, he has basically a slave to this girl, and of course he has to worry about all those powers she has.

Nitta is a great guy though, he doesn't really want to use Hina for her powers and actually cares about her.

Terminator!

I'm looking forward to watching the upcoming episodes.
Apr 7, 2018 1:20 AM
Jun 2016
so many great moments :>

ouchy was the best hehe
Apr 7, 2018 1:27 AM

Nov 2014
Good comedy, interesting characters and nice art. It's going to be good.

But I'm a bit worried by Hina's past and yakuza setting. It's just asking for drama :/
Apr 7, 2018 1:37 AM

Jan 2012
Well that took forever to come out. Definitely worth the wait though. Yeah, by all accounts this was a pretty fantastic first episode. But then considering how wonderful the source material is that's not really a surprise. I did find it interesting that we seemed to have actually started post-timeskip and then gone back as iirc the manga just starts as usual and then we just eventually get a timeskip. Makes me wonder if they're gonna flash forward and back at all picking and choosing which chapters they adapt. Regardless, the worst thing about this so far is the confirmation it's a mere 12 episodes. A series of this caliber deserves far more.
animefan8800Apr 7, 2018 2:01 AM
Apr 7, 2018 1:56 AM

Jun 2013
i'm worried about this, they are changing so much of the trama by censoring the serious parts

i hope they don't screw any of the big details
Apr 7, 2018 1:59 AM
Jan 2016
The animation was absolutely exceptional, even there's no action involved. I would be surprised if they could mantain this level of animation until the end. Unfortunately, the writing was quite weak. The pacing was really fast, the characterization was weak, & the jokes were mostly did not land at all. What a disappointment.
Apr 7, 2018 2:02 AM

Jun 2013
TheServant said:
The animation was absolutely exceptional, even there's no action involved. I would be surprised if they could mantain this level of animation until the end. Unfortunately, the writing was quite weak. The pacing was really fast, the characterization was weak, & the jokes were mostly did not land at all. What a disappointment.
that's what i tought, they changed the script to make it look lik a typical slice of life, on the animation i'm kinda suspicious about the CGI they have been using for some scenes
Apr 7, 2018 2:03 AM

Mar 2018
That's a great start! i have some good laugh, this going to be one of my favorites on this season. That Nitta guy is surprisingly kind despite being a yakuza.
Apr 7, 2018 2:07 AM
Jan 2016
Dark-Scorpion said:
that's what i tought, they changed the script to make it look lik a typical slice of life, on the animation i'm kinda suspicious about the CGI they have been using for some scenes

Oh, so the the actual story is not as slice of life-ish as the premiere episode? Interesting. Maybe that's why the pacing felt off.
CGI? They only used CGI for the car & that's it. Was there more?
Apr 7, 2018 2:28 AM

Jun 2013
TheServant said:
Dark-Scorpion said:

Oh, so the the actual story is not as slice of life-ish as the premiere episode? Interesting. Maybe that's why the pacing felt off.
CGI? They only used CGI for the car & that's it. Was there more?
for now i'ts just Som BG Objects and effects but it could scale fast
Apr 7, 2018 2:43 AM

Nov 2010
A great first episode. Great comedy.
Apr 7, 2018 2:56 AM

Jan 2017
The animation and art are great, it's pretty enjoyable too. I think this deserves 7.8 or more
Apr 7, 2018 2:57 AM

Jun 2016
This looks pretty promising. I laughed alot at the "OOOOOOOOOOs" Nitta shouted and his expressions.

Apr 7, 2018 3:18 AM

Jul 2010
Great start I have to say, really nice animation too. Feel like I'm gonna enjoy it each week.
Apr 7, 2018 3:26 AM

Sep 2016
JLaxius said:
This looks pretty promising. I laughed alot at the "OOOOOOOOOOs" Nitta shouted and his expressions.
damn the first few minutes caught me off guard im like wait i thought this was gonna be saved for later but nope lol was still super enjoyable looking forward to this anime i love me some mafia settings
Facta Non Verba
Apr 7, 2018 3:30 AM

Apr 2016
Did she really kill all that gang?
BRAWLERS
Apr 7, 2018 3:41 AM
Jun 2017
I LIKED THIS SERIES!!! its first episode made me so interested in it, it has a combo of comedy and action on it... that Hina looks nice to watch with..
Apr 7, 2018 3:45 AM

Jul 2016
That was enjoyable and the comedy was pretty good. It seems like things are moving a bit too fast, but this will only have 12 episodes so it's understandable. I haven't read much of the manga yet but I have no idea who was the girl fighting at the beginning of the anime.

The expressions were on point and I can't wait for the introduction of the rest of the cast.
Futari wa Milky Holmes was a mistake
Yoshii did nothing wrong

Apr 7, 2018 3:54 AM

Feb 2018
This was aweeesommeeee, laughed so hard, this has great potential for AotS, best thing I have seen so far.

salman7 said:
Did she really kill all that gang?

I think she killed no one, that Nitta just finished off the boss himself. Everyone was alive when they flew out the window.

JLaxius said:

Me too, i was rofling, also for Ouchy, ouchy, ouchy. It was hilarious that everyone said the same thing every time.
I just hope they don't overdo the joke, hate it when anime finds a great joke, and then ruins it by overusing it throughout the entire show.

Apr 7, 2018 4:09 AM

Sep 2017
Great animation, great comedy, a really good relationship already established between the two main characters... I'm loving this show. Let's just hope that it keeps this up, because it could be the sleeper hit of the season.
Apr 7, 2018 4:22 AM
Mar 2018
hinamatsuri keep delivering fresh joke on each chapter, so you don't have to worry about over-used joke

i just hope that they didn't fucked up the Anzumatsuri since it seem that they are going to show anzu next ep
Apr 7, 2018 4:31 AM
Jul 2017
Great animation.Comedy is on point.Hina kawaii.I am looking forward to it.
Apr 7, 2018 4:31 AM

Jan 2015
Uhm... a pretty decent episode i guess :) I was looking forward to this one(even if its mainly because of Hina in the name :D) never reading synopsis, i wasnt quite sure what to expect. What i was considering that its gonna be either a gag comedy anime, or something like Hakata ramens? more action -oriented. But in no realm i was expecting a Mob psycho LOL. No seriously i wasnt expecting her to be psychic and Nitta looks similar to Reigen at first, but by the end of the episode i guess he is different..

Pretty interesting to start the story with foreshadowing(3 years in to the future) interesting to see who the girl is gonna be.
Not sure if i like how they met up, it was pretty convenient for her to appear there(UNLESS there'd be some plot twist and some reason for her to be there)
Also uncensored? feel? explain? I guess its not an ecchi anime so one uncensored ass doenst say much.

Kinda weird how he accepted her so quickly??? despite how little time passed, oh right i wonder how much time passed? Anyway tho, she broke his expenesive collection but he is pretty forgiving and kind-hearted so here have a breakfast and stay here as long as you want :D
"Im not dude, im Hina" best quote of the season :D

Now about the charcters, i wasnt aware that Hina would be such a robot :D Nitta tho on the other hand really satisfied me, he is pretty kind-hearted, clap for him for not using Hina even if it would benefit him and being really nice to her, asking what she wants and being a good caretaker in general. And i like stories centered around yakkuzas and since MC isnt a mean person at all, its intersting to connect and follow him.

About visuals: im glad that it looks pretty good, 9/10 for me probably, characters look pretty sweet.

Also i cant resist not saying how much i like and appreciate story being so smooth, transitions are really perfect too.It doesnt feel like anime just does whatever it wants or that things dont make sense.It feels that, thiis is how things need to be, this is the story.

ED is ok i guess, excited to see what the OP is like.
Hina's seyuu is completely new huh? she does sound nice i guess, i can sense that she is weaker than some of the more prominent seyuus tho, but she is doing great, so no complaints :)
Excited to see more of her and the anime >_<
Apr 7, 2018 5:07 AM

Mar 2018
The ending of episode 1 was hilarious. The TERMINATOR.
Apr 7, 2018 5:12 AM

Jan 2016
This was a very good start. Love the comedy and the setting. I want to learn mrore of Hina's backstory tho. The art style and the animation look nice, warm to your hearth. My favorite scenes:

Also, all those "Ouchys" :P
Apr 7, 2018 5:15 AM

Mar 2014
This wasn't bad, I guess. Not sure it's something I have to watch week-to-week, but I guess I'll continue it if I have time.
I'm typically not into characters like Hina, who are unfamiliar with the world around them and the basic rules and etiquette of said world, but for some reason it works here. Maybe because it's played for laughs?

Nitta is a pretty basic character as well, but the dynamic between him & Hina seems to work pretty well where I can forgive the archetypal character writing.

::End of Transmission::

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hinamatsuri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

RebelPanda - Aug 8, 2018

96 by FarCritical »»
Apr 12, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Hinamatsuri Episode 11 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

40 by FarCritical »»
Apr 12, 10:34 AM

Poll: » Best Gril? ( 1 2 )

Jhon_Bacon - May 16, 2018

64 by Animeistaken »»
Apr 12, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Hinamatsuri Episode 10 Discussion

37 by FarCritical »»
Apr 11, 10:52 AM

Poll: » Hinamatsuri Episode 9 Discussion

38 by FarCritical »»
Apr 11, 10:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.