Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 28, 2018 8:46 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
First episode streamed on Netflix Japan today.
There's also a Chinese stream on Dailymotion.

We got the series focused on the Lau siblings so far. Seems the show has a lot of sci-fi elements and there's researching going. Considering he's the older brother, Leon qualifies as a researcher. Not sure how to feel about his personality though as he isn't the type that can easily be friends with.

Seems the episode focuses on a big conflict with evolution and war coming. I'm really curious about the world setting though as it has a lot of potential. The theme songs with animation should be revealed next time but this seems like an exciting so far. The mecha design looks fine so far too and music works for the show.
Stark700Mar 28, 2018 4:42 PM
Mar 28, 2018 7:29 PM

Apr 2015
Hmmm, I dunno, seems like one of those "researcher dude forced to fight in a mecha" plot?
They keep talking about this family contract thing, so I guess they weren't related by blood?

Not a fan of the double coloured hairstyles, but I will manage.

6/10 first episode.
TYxTxYTMar 28, 2018 7:48 PM
befriend (v.): To violently attack someone with very dangerous and extremely powerful blasts of magical pink light until your target sees the validity of your viewpoint.
Mar 28, 2018 8:27 PM

Dec 2015
OP and ED by Bump of Chicken, yay!
Art seems fine, I think people are getting used to 2D/3D mixed animation now.
Story telling is pretty bad, and the bgm felt really out of place.

Overall, 5.5/10 for now.
Mar 29, 2018 8:20 AM

Sep 2015
Is it just me that the “chinese” theme is pretty heavy in this series?
Mar 29, 2018 10:45 AM

May 2009
valvravetruth said:

They are doing like Hollywood with inserting irrelevant Chinese characters to get more from box office revenues there.
Mar 29, 2018 12:39 PM
Sep 2014
valvravetruth said:

The city is based on the city Chongqing. Here are some comparisons:

[img]http://wx1.sinaimg.cn/large/6ea15bbfgy1fpt398vrpmj21761l7x6p.jpg[img]

Apr 1, 2018 9:52 AM

Feb 2014
When the guy said the machine needed a human to be complete it gave me some gurren lagann flashback, and I thought I will certainly not like it if it's that kind of anime.
I found that 1st episode rather good though, I hope it won't disappoint me.
Apr 1, 2018 5:37 PM

Jul 2016
someone let me know if this gets subbed plox

Apr 2, 2018 9:49 PM

Apr 2015
mutsuto said:

You'll be waiting at least another 3 months if Netflix is kind enough to release this in two parts.

Apr 3, 2018 8:11 AM

Jul 2016
MysteriousSoul said:
mutsuto said:

You'll be waiting at least another 3 months if Netflix is kind enough to release this in two parts.

is it confirmed that they are licencing it?

if so, then im fine to wait.

Apr 5, 2018 2:16 AM
Sep 2014
The series is largely Chinese-funded and planned which gave animators more potential to craft out quality animation.
But the series's first episode is story-telling is really average.
Japanese veteran Shoji Kowamori has worked on so many mecha series, crafted out the macross series, I don't understand how he managed to produce such a mediocre first episode.
Apr 5, 2018 12:36 PM
Jun 2016
man alot of anime being skipped for subs so far.
Apr 5, 2018 2:29 PM
Mar 2016
Does anybody know where can I watch this?????
Apr 6, 2018 2:20 AM

Jul 2010
wolfwing said:

Don't you know, fansubbing is dead.
Apr 6, 2018 8:02 AM
Jun 2016
Tenth said:
wolfwing said:

in last month? was fine last season.
Apr 7, 2018 8:21 AM

Dec 2013
wolfwing said:
Tenth said:

If your "fansubs" equal "taking CR script", I guess?
Apr 7, 2018 11:17 AM

Oct 2014
First, dear Chloe, if your big bro tells you to fck off and take super important data that can save humanity from extinction to the big shots at one of humanity's last bastion of civilization, you go fck off!

Second, dear Shoji Kawamori, please this guy is not moe girl nor good enough as bishounen bait for the fujo. So please, I don't want to see him naked.
You remove the songs and the cute girls but keep the naked man? You mad?
Apr 7, 2018 2:39 PM
Dec 2017
Kamiyan3991 said:
wolfwing said:

asenshi does a pretty good job, there's a few others out there too, most admittedly do just take cr's translations though.
Apr 8, 2018 2:30 AM

Apr 2016
From my point of view the 2 episode I have seen to far are really good even though I don't understand Japanese. That's why I hope that the anime gets English subs soon.
Apr 8, 2018 5:55 AM

Jun 2013
Kamiyan3991 said:
wolfwing said:

For new animes, yes. But there are still many fansubs doing old animes. "Fansubbing" is not dead yet.
Apr 9, 2018 2:39 PM

Nov 2016
Cool fights,but I don't care for anything else.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 9, 2018 2:57 PM
Apr 2016
Please take your Chinese cartoons out.
Re:formed
Apr 9, 2018 3:22 PM

Apr 2016
Tenth said:
wolfwing said:

Just watched the first episode with English subs today. Finally
Apr 9, 2018 4:12 PM
Sep 2014
where can i watch the first episode w english subs?
Apr 9, 2018 4:18 PM

Jun 2014
This first episode didn't really contain anything that impressed me tbh. However, the fighting was pretty cool I guess, and I liked the Bump of Chicken song at the end.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 9, 2018 6:39 PM

Jun 2015
This was a decent first episode, but CGI is not that good. I'm not that impressed about it. The mechs look cool though. That girl was pretty dumb for not listening to her brother.
Apr 9, 2018 10:10 PM

Jul 2017
Among the weaker premiere episodes of the Spring 2018 season imo.

The CG looked bad, the mecha fighting looked a bit sloppy and the girl was a bit dumb and annoying to handle.

The only good thing about this episode was the Bump Of Chicken song played at the end. Sounds really good.

I'll still keep on watching to see if this gets any better but not a good start.
Apr 10, 2018 12:08 AM

May 2015
I guess I'll be the guy who will be different to everyone else's opinion and say HOLY SHIT THAT WAS AWESOME!

So we got biomechanical animals, ground mecha with machine guns, KanaHana piloting an airmech with a scythe, Big Oppai woman with a commanding vibe, Alto with some red on his hair, Chloe babysitting her brother, and non-stop analyzing scientist Leon who's a noob pilot who not only is responsible for the world's destruction but also the creator of the Hyperdrive that turns his vehicle into a humanoid mecha that can fly and can seemingly be controlled G Gundam/Pacific Rim style so that it can punch things, all topped off with that humorous Kawamori cheese. Some may not like the CGI, but to me it was animated way better than what I usually see. Best first episode of the season for me!
TarotistApr 10, 2018 12:16 AM
Apr 10, 2018 12:35 AM

Oct 2008
w0w! i need more of this show!
OP & ED are both Bump of Chicken! nice!
5/5.

Apr 10, 2018 1:29 AM
Feb 2018
This is exactly the type of cross i have been dreaming about, i swear i forsaw the coming of this show in my dreams, im so glad the production seem to be doing a good job so far,i dont like the mech genre usually but this kind of plot\world is exactly the kind to keep me interested enough given that the production is decent and so far it is,i just hope it gets better but we will have to wait and see.

First ep 8.8\10
Apr 10, 2018 3:30 AM

Aug 2013
the Aquarion feels was strong on this one... I'm surprised he didn't pull mugen punch there :9. So this guy is a genius and can pilot op robot... I call hax

well, I like the concept of BRAI tho, that's so original. but I wonder why human didn't get affected too.

even tho the car design is so cool, the mech look like sht lol. gonna stick around for some more
Apr 10, 2018 5:28 AM

Dec 2017
Seems pretty Super Robot, or is it just the way Leon puts it that seems Super Robot?

The man who destroyed the world? He caused the accident or something?
Apr 10, 2018 6:09 AM

Oct 2013
"LEON LEON LEON LEON LEON LEON LEON" again an amazing female MC
Seem like a good mecha anime so far

Loop_Stratos said:
Seems pretty Super Robot, or is it just the way Leon puts it that seems Super Robot?

The man who destroyed the world? He caused the accident or something?

Yep, rewatch the opening scene, he was the one who created the new energy and transformed the ecosystem, and create all of those monsters
TitadouApr 10, 2018 6:15 AM
Apr 10, 2018 6:20 AM

Nov 2016
That was a very solid first episode with a nice introduction to the world and the characters.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2018 7:37 AM

Sep 2015
So, if they need a contract to be family i guess they are not blood related. Nice.
Somehow it remembers me of God Eater but with a very lower budget.

And is really need to bounce the boss lady boobs every time she moves?
Apr 10, 2018 1:29 PM

Feb 2015
I'm not usually a fan of CG in anime but this was a lot better than what I usually see, would've prefer no CG at all but at least it isn't terrible. This could end up being a train wreck or a fun mecha show, let's hope for the latter.
Apr 10, 2018 4:23 PM

May 2012
Tarotist said:
I guess I'll be the guy who will be different to everyone else's opinion and say HOLY SHIT THAT WAS AWESOME!

So we got biomechanical animals, ground mecha with machine guns, KanaHana piloting an airmech with a scythe, Big Oppai woman with a commanding vibe, Alto with some red on his hair, Chloe babysitting her brother, and non-stop analyzing scientist Leon who's a noob pilot who not only is responsible for the world's destruction but also the creator of the Hyperdrive that turns his vehicle into a humanoid mecha that can fly and can seemingly be controlled G Gundam/Pacific Rim style so that it can punch things, all topped off with that humorous Kawamori cheese. Some may not like the CGI, but to me it was animated way better than what I usually see. Best first episode of the season for me!

I liked it too. I was waiting for subs since forever and then i finally got the episode with subs and i really liked this episode,

I think this anime has a lot of potential. It's a pity that there is no fansub doing it. Seems like i'll have to wait for the Netflix release...at least it's better than no subs at all.

shiro_kai said:

Really? You have quite a dirty mind. I watched back and her boobs only balanced while she was at that vehicle (for obvious reasons) and then when she got up from her chair.

Even while she was walking they could have focused on her boobs, but they didn't.
KaeUBWApr 10, 2018 4:41 PM
I despise woke people.
Apr 10, 2018 5:38 PM

Sep 2015
Kaetokiha said:

shiro_kai said:

Really? You have quite a dirty mind. I watched back and her boobs only balanced while she was at that vehicle (for obvious reasons) and then when she got up from her chair.

Even while she was walking they could have focused on her boobs, but they didn't.

At 3:26 they do a FULL close and its the only thing in the screen during 4 seconds, considering its the first she appear in the show i think they are trying to tell us something.

4:23 it bounces again and the angle comes from below.

6:24 she appears again and now you are right, they missed a chance.

7:26 the angle comes from below again, and it just not bounces because she is standing still.

13:02 it bounces but is not the focus of the scene, so there is no need to pay attention.

20: 35 she is the only thing in the scene, and it does the BIG DOUBLE BOUNCE.

So it bounces 4/6 times and the only 2 times it doesn't its just because she is not the focus of the scene.

I do have a dirt mind, but they made it very easy you have to admit.

Apr 10, 2018 6:10 PM

May 2012
shiro_kai said:
Kaetokiha said:

At 3:26 they do a FULL close and its the only thing in the screen during 4 seconds, considering its the first she appear in the show i think they are trying to tell us something.

7:26 the angle comes from below again, and it just not bounces because she is standing still.

13:02 it bounces but is not the focus of the scene, so there is no need to pay attention.

So it bounces 4/6 times and the only 2 times it doesn't its just because she is not the focus of the scene.

3:26 yes it bounced. It was the fanservice part. I think it's acceptable.

4:23 it did NOT bounce here. It was the vehicle that was bouncing and he breast were firm like a rock. In fact i would even say that her breast should have balanced a little here.

13:02 Just her body and hand moved amd as her breats is part of her body...You'd need to be paying A LOT of attention to her breasts to say it moved it.

20: 35 Yeah it moved here again when she got up. I don't think it was nothing too exaggerated, but the camera did focus her breast like in the first time she appeared.

So just 2 times it really bounced and they made sure we saw that, but i don't think they did it too much.
KaeUBWApr 10, 2018 7:01 PM
I despise woke people.
Apr 10, 2018 6:39 PM

Sep 2015
Kaetokiha said:
shiro_kai said:

3:26 yes it bounced. It was the fanservice part. I think it's acceptable.

4:23 it did NOT bounce here. It was the vehicle that was bouncing and he breast were firm like a rock. In fact i would even say that her breast should have balanced a little here.

13:02 Just her body and hand moved amd as her breats is part of her body...You'd need to be paying A LOT of attention to her breasts to say it moved it.

20: 35 Yeah it moved here again when she got up. I don't think it was nothing too exaggerated, but the camera did focus her breast like in the first time she appeared.

So just 2 times it really bounced and they made sure we saw that.=, but i don't think they did it too much.

I never said it was too much, the more the merrier.

So, you are right I'm a perv, but just regarding the original question, which i think is pointless now, what I said was: "is really needed to bounce her boobs every time she moves?". And, indeed, everytime SHE moved ('to go or pass to another place or in a certain direction with a continuous motion') it bounced.

Apr 11, 2018 7:44 AM

Dec 2014
hmm seemed like a future apocalypse to me
Apr 11, 2018 8:21 PM

Nov 2012
I try not to compare every anime to the classics because just because an anime's first episode isn't amazing doesn't mean it won't be good, but I'm reminded of why the opening of TTGL works so well - this show crams so much stuff into its first episode that it's kinda hard to parse what the heck is going on and what the stakes are. TTGL gave us characters who were also discovering the post-apocalyptic world so we could learn about it along with them.
Apr 12, 2018 7:16 AM

Aug 2008
strkiky said:
Japanese veteran Shoji Kowamori has worked on so many mecha series, crafted out the macross series, I don't understand how he managed to produce such a mediocre first episode.
Two words: Macross Delta. Aquarion Evol was also terrible and so was second MF movie. MF might be the last decent show Kawamori made and that was 10 years ago. Satelight has a pretty bad track record in recent years (vide M3) as well so if anything hearing it's from Kawamori and Satelight should make you wary.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Apr 14, 2018 9:46 AM

Feb 2013
Another mediocre mecha from Satelight. At least this one seems watchable.

Robo-bugs are kinda cool.
Apr 18, 2018 12:00 AM
Jul 2014
The story sounds interesting, but I think it was a meh-episode.
Apr 18, 2018 3:22 PM

May 2015
That was honestly a pretty underwhelming first episode. If this is how the show will be for the whole run, it's going to be a tough watch....

Apr 20, 2018 8:52 AM

Oct 2015
Honestly the one of the worst anime this season. Even Gurazeni is better than this garbo
Apr 20, 2018 12:43 PM

Oct 2010
Definitely a Shoji Kawamori anime lol. Not bad but not great. Best part, as expected, was BUMP OF CHICKEN.
May 5, 2018 5:24 AM
Mar 2012
As much "LEON!!" screaming as pv showed.
Monster crab design & fight pretty cool. The mech designs are great too, always wanted to see more vehicle style / wheel + humanoid forms, since wheels are vastly more efficient than bot legs. Character hair/designs are rather weird tho. Lots of Chinese themes in the scenery.
It's very Getter Robo-ish with the mech + biological merging & constant evolving.
May 8, 2018 2:53 AM

Jul 2010
A decent episode, can tell I will hate his little sister though.... she's so annoying with always yelling "Leon".
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Juushinki Pandora Episode 26 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2018

15 by PrOxAnto »»
Sep 25, 2021 2:37 PM

Poll: » Juushinki Pandora Episode 12 Discussion

Tarotist - Aug 9, 2018

1 by PrOxAnto »»
Sep 24, 2021 3:05 PM

Poll: » Juushinki Pandora Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2018

4 by modboy »»
May 8, 2020 9:35 PM

Poll: » Juushinki Pandora Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 17, 2018

6 by Rob »»
Sep 19, 2019 12:34 AM

Poll: » Juushinki Pandora Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 10, 2018

8 by Rob »»
Sep 17, 2019 10:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.