Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 17, 2018 11:32 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Simply amazing. 👏🏻
I wonder how the people in Mexico reacted given they were hyping this episode big time.

I really loved this episode. Goku having the upper hand at first but then Jiren goes full power. That power up was insane, so much heat given off by Jiren. Goku had Jiren beat but i suppose even UI has its limitations which imo make sense. Goku’s body is worn out and much like irl when you push yourself too hard and risk injury.
Jiren hesitating at the end after he was told to take out Goku who’s UI took a toll on him.
That ending
17 is back. OMG i thought he died given the explosion was huge, and ofc G Frieza.
Next week gonna be lit.

Mar 17, 2018 11:49 PM

May 2016
Wow the ending was unexpected, Jiren accepted Goku after that epic fight.
17 is alive after that wtf he should have just died there is always the dragonballs.

One week left but I think DBS will make another comeback after the movie so I don't know but the ending might be a cliffhanger I hope Frieza won't be the last guy standing cause that will cause too much trouble.
Mar 17, 2018 11:53 PM

Jan 2009
SweetKiichigo said:

I wonder how the people in Mexico reacted given they were hyping this episode big time.

some videos of the mexico crowd about the pirated live showing
https://twitter.com/ssav_alvarez/status/975176658654294016
https://twitter.com/Yabuki_Shingo/status/975163938039107584
Mar 18, 2018 12:12 AM
Nov 2016
How is jiren still in this after hitting the spectators? i swear someone got erased for doing something like that, not only this but no one did any form of reaction to it, it's as if nothing happened, weird..
Mar 18, 2018 12:39 AM

Feb 2015
Even though Naotoshi Shida is a fucking great animator and he does very detailed art on pretty well animated cuts, he sometimes makes his animation to look too fast, half of the time i don't even know what's happening, Naoki Tate for me, is the star of this episode, his impact shots are always awesome, this is his best work on Super, number#2 would be the Goku/#17 fight then #3 would be Gohan and Piccolo's fight against the U6 Namekians(plus the Gohan vs the mirage guy).

This episode is a 3/5

PS: I hate the plasma aura from the God level characters, it makes great looking animation look ugly and hides a lot of detail.

-------------------------------------- ---------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------

Edit 1: Oops, forgot Tate's work on episode 110, the first person to do UI Goku, and his animation for the form is being basically copied by the other animators.

Edit 2: I take that back, i watched the Naotoshi Shida cuts from this episode again, but now at .25 speed, yeah, he is amazing, i hadn't even noticed how Goku uses ki balls to evade from Jiren's beams and also to propel him up while dodging(because they can't fly), Shida is the MVP of this episode, sorry Tate.

SteelingMaxMar 18, 2018 1:05 AM

Mar 18, 2018 12:59 AM

Sep 2017
When Jiren attacks Universe 7 bench, I got goosebumps!!!
The ending scene got me off guard. But where are they resting when there are a lot of explosions.....lol.
Find out in the next episode of Dragon Ball Super!!!
Mar 18, 2018 1:01 AM

Jul 2014
oh damn, the animation sequences are beyond amazing.
If I try and turn a blind eye to all the so prominent asspulls in this episode, I'd say that it was fairly entertaining.
Mar 18, 2018 1:01 AM

Sep 2017
Kagayeri said:
angry goku
best goku

Reminded me of Natsu....
Mar 18, 2018 1:07 AM

Sep 2014
So another episode of mindless sparring and flashy explosions for almost 20 minutes which could have pretty much ended the fight instead of dragging it out even more and on top of that they throw in the "nakama speech" crap. No comment about No. 17 being alive since I saw that coming too and spoilers kinda gave it out as well. Once again 1/5. Cannot wait for this piece of shit to end and get a good DB movie this December.
Mar 18, 2018 1:10 AM
Jan 2017
Greatest episode in Dragon Ball history!
Mar 18, 2018 1:21 AM

Jun 2012
Eyzo said:
How is jiren still in this after hitting the spectators? i swear someone got erased for doing something like that, not only this but no one did any form of reaction to it, it's as if nothing happened, weird..

Nah, Frost got erased for attacking participants from the spectator seats, but that's it. Even Android 18 attacked Supreme Kai from the field when he called her and Krillin Lovey-Dovey, though she didn't intend to hurt him and it was mostly played off for laughs. But yeah, I get what you're saying. That was my only problem in an otherwise amazing episode.
Mar 18, 2018 1:32 AM
Mar 2018
So totally loved the episode on the edge of my seat the whole time, at first thought that freza had killed goku for a second there at the end, but turns out goku body was messed up from the instinct mode crazy twist but kinda saw it coming

Liked that 17 was alive and knew freza was still alive, luckily goku messed jiren up for them or else they wouldn't stand a chance against him next episode lol

Really would have been nice that 17 sacrificed himself for them but he still did his part luckily he still alive for his little girl and wifey

Really thought freza was gonna pull some sketchy stuff but I'm glad he is pulling his weight and actually helping out. Turns out he is a decent alien haha
Ultra_instinct_1Mar 18, 2018 1:38 AM
Mar 18, 2018 1:59 AM

Feb 2016

I can’t be the only one who thought this scene was the Frieza betrayal theories coming true
Mar 18, 2018 2:22 AM

Jan 2013
This was undeniably the best Dragon Ball episode to date, ever.

From the brilliant and flawless animation, to the plot twists and the amazing Goku's "I'm no hero of justice or anything" line. That shit gave me goosebumps.

Also the MVP is bacK? This episode is just amazing
Mar 18, 2018 2:25 AM

Oct 2015
I'm quite disappointed. We won't likely see again MUI, ending the fight without MUI is kind of boring
Mar 18, 2018 2:25 AM

Oct 2016
felipeliborio said:
How is 17 alive? The great priest himself said he died and Zeno even marked him out on his tablet. Zeno would certainly know if he was still alive. There was no need for this.

Well its not fair if they reveal the tricks of the participants, for example if 17 wanted to fake his death to hide in the tournament then its not cool if the zenos or grand priest say that hes still there somewhere.
Mar 18, 2018 2:27 AM

Sep 2014
wow I wanted to say what an amazing episode and then they end it like this .. If only Jiren would not be such a shitty character it might actually be cool.

So in the end Ultra Instinct is just a glorified Kaioken? Neat.

17 survived . lmao.

I was honestly expecting that Frieza attacked Goku there at the end.

Next EP will probably be the time running out.

I've said it before and I will say it again - if only DBS would be less shit, it might actually be awesome. This surely had the potential to be good sequel for DBZ, with all the throwbacks to the original DB and stuff.

PS: This is basically the end of the Boo saga all over again, Vegeta already learned the power of friendship/fighting for someone else. Kinda useless to waste this developement on Jiren.

Was honestly expecting it to end here and next ep to be like the BBQ episode after the boo fight.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 18, 2018 2:32 AM

Dec 2016
Anowser said:
I'm quite disappointed. We won't likely see again MUI, ending the fight without MUI is kind of boring

Yeah I have the same feeling. It's anticlimactic. I don't want another form that ends up wasted, like when Gohan fought Bu with Mystic Gohan form. Everything for nothing.

But I guess that's how things are gonna be....
Mar 18, 2018 2:36 AM

Dec 2016
Comander-07 said:

Was honestly expecting it to end here and next ep to be like the BBQ episode after the boo fight.

This! Every DB installment before concluded the last battle in an episode that is not the very last one, leaving room for a proper deneouement and/or a final chapter reserved for celebrating or saying goodbye... I really wanted this to be the way again...
Mar 18, 2018 2:36 AM

Apr 2010
That animation was awesome.
YT: Gaming (gw2,...), cons and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/Vercammen312
Monster girls club card: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=27137
See profile for exemples.
Mar 18, 2018 2:44 AM
May 2013
One of the best episodes of any anime i've ever seen. Just incredible
Mar 18, 2018 2:48 AM
Oct 2015
Aside from the Nakama power I really enjoyed this episode especially with all those amazing art scenes along with those neat animations.
I was expecting Frieza to go one-on-one against a heavily injured Jiren but looks like Andriod 17 was able to survive... somehow.
Anyway the title of the next episode in the preview made me rather sad, but on the bright side, the manga is looking pretty good.
Heckle was here...
Mar 18, 2018 2:52 AM

Sep 2014
Glenfinnan said:
Comander-07 said:

This! Every DB installment before concluded the last battle in an episode that is not the very last one, leaving room for a proper deneouement and/or a final chapter reserved for celebrating or saying goodbye... I really wanted this to be the way again...
maybe that is what the movie will start with.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 18, 2018 2:55 AM

Oct 2016
Vongalaxy said:
How are you guys seriously liking this episode? The power of friendship thing is so cliche and boring. How exactly the fuck is Goku still powering up and "keep getting faster"? This arc has the most amount of asspulls in the whole series and that's saying a lot. There are some cool scenes with actual good drawings but generally the art style is inconsistent af. Lots of gifs and ugly explosions. The worst part still has to be 17 coming back for no fucking reason. It completely ruined his sacrifice and makes no sense. I honestly don't know how you guys can still defend this. How much of your brain do you have to turn off while watching to not question dumb shit like that?

If you want explanations then I can only tell you that back in ep 110 it was stated that as the fight progresses UI Goku was getting faster and stronger with each attack.
The episode was really good, you can also just say that 17 thought he was going to die but he didnt, I dont know if he tried to use the bomb he had inside which was removed in Z to explode, failed to explode and was pushed far away with jiren energy and since he didnt die he just hid until the right moment so they can have the secret number advantage.
Mar 18, 2018 3:04 AM

Jan 2016
Somehow 17 and Frieza survived all of that clashing, but nevermind, since I like them. I really enjoyed Jiren getting the shit kicked out of him. Also watch the fight in 1.5x speed, it looks incredible.
Mar 18, 2018 3:11 AM

Dec 2015
One more episode to go, I wonder what kind of crap they're gonna pull next.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 18, 2018 3:19 AM

May 2017
Wow impressive episode the first 2 minutes or so were absolutely nuts.
So many great scenes in this episode.

My father naotoshi shida back in action not with the best cut hes ever made but god damn those 2 stills are absolutely mindblowing

Mar 18, 2018 3:41 AM

Aug 2012
Shida is a god for that last animated action piece
Mar 18, 2018 3:41 AM
Mar 2018
Ok, so how the fucking hell doesn't Jiren get disqualified from attacking the audience? Come on that pissed me off so much. I mean I def. wouldn't want goku to win that way but still. Also, I agree there dragging it out even though this was one of my fav. episodes. Like jiren is done, goku spanked his mom up and down the block in the end.. I understand surpassing god forms takes a toll on mortal bodies but jiren should of got that last ka blast to his face and fell off. I would love for goku to talk shit to him too afterwards but thats just not goku. Anyways I love this show and I love you all
Mar 18, 2018 3:56 AM

Jun 2015
joe_g7 said:
One more episode to go, I wonder what kind of crap they're gonna pull next.

Lmao, waiting for the same thing xD
Mar 18, 2018 4:24 AM

Apr 2017
Jiren...a being that was staring people to death at the beginning of the tournament, now 48 minutes in has been utterly overpowered and defeated. The only thing that save him was Goku couldn't asspull himself a bit longer. Frieza is still around and 17 is alive, both laying somewhere under rubble...how the fuck? Goku and Jiren were destroying the stage and they just happen not to become a casualty of it? The convenient writing is trash at best.

What a fucking trash show and anyone defending this should cut their nuts off to prevent their genes from spreading.
Mar 18, 2018 4:27 AM

Feb 2013
I thought he would give Jiren some of his power and continue the fight.
Lol, it will be funny if Frieza saves the day.
Mar 18, 2018 4:45 AM

Nov 2016
SteelingMax said:
Even though Naotoshi Shida is a fucking great animator and he does very detailed art on pretty well animated cuts, he sometimes makes his animation to look too fast, half of the time i don't even know what's happening, Naoki Tate for me, is the star of this episode, his impact shots are always awesome, this is his best work on Super, number#2 would be the Goku/#17 fight then #3 would be Gohan and Piccolo's fight against the U6 Namekians(plus the Gohan vs the mirage guy).

This episode is a 3/5

PS: I hate the plasma aura from the God level characters, it makes great looking animation look ugly and hides a lot of detail.

-------------------------------------- ---------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------

Edit 1: Oops, forgot Tate's work on episode 110, the first person to do UI Goku, and his animation for the form is being basically copied by the other animators.

Edit 2: I take that back, i watched the Naotoshi Shida cuts from this episode again, but now at .25 speed, yeah, he is amazing, i hadn't even noticed how Goku uses ki balls to evade from Jiren's beams and also to propel him up while dodging(because they can't fly), Shida is the MVP of this episode, sorry Tate.

Where do you find such detailed information about who animated which parts of the episode?
Mar 18, 2018 4:50 AM

Oct 2015
harshtruth said:

What a fucking trash show and anyone defending this should cut their nuts off to prevent their genes from spreading.

Don't watch then.

----

When the episode is so amazing, that even all the spoilers are getting leaked are fake to make it amazing for everyone!

What the spoiler was about: "Son Goku gets knocked out, and it's Frieza vs Jiren".
Instead we are also getting No.17? Seriously?? I don't think many people were expecting that. Also, that "strain of god power" wasn't hinted anywhere.

Also, I don't know how many people noticed it, but Goku was going to give power to Jiren, so they can keep fighting, and Goku could teach him a lesson I guess.

I will surely have to rewatch this episode, it was really intense, and the animation was great. In the first few episodes of the series, it had trash animation. By now, some shots are easily 2018 top-notch, and "background-worthy".

I'm so looking forward to the last episode. My only problem, is that when the last episode is airing, I'm not going to be able to watch it right away, but it'll be amazing once I can, I'm sure.
Slim_LamieMar 18, 2018 4:57 AM
Mar 18, 2018 5:06 AM

Oct 2016
harshtruth said:
Jiren...a being that was staring people to death at the beginning of the tournament, now 48 minutes in has been utterly overpowered and defeated. The only thing that save him was Goku couldn't asspull himself a bit longer. Frieza is still around and 17 is alive, both laying somewhere under rubble...how the fuck? Goku and Jiren were destroying the stage and they just happen not to become a casualty of it? The convenient writing is trash at best.

Then thats alot of nuts that need to be Cut, just enjoy the biggest anime, you always seem to get angry so easy with the asspulls that probably have some sort of explanation, not all of them tho.
Mar 18, 2018 5:07 AM

Feb 2015
This was definitely one of the most visually impressive episodes in all of Dragon Ball history. If only they could've had even a sliver of this level of quality from the beginning of the Super series, that would've ben sweet.

Of course 17 had to come back. I knew it'd happen because the writers of Super love him too much, but I didn't want to believe it would. That's probably the only part that put a blackmark against this episode for me, because I'm sick of seeing 17 steal the spotlight over so many other character who deserve it much more (Tien, Piccolo).
That aside, watching Frieza and 17 tag up against Jiren next episode looks like it could be pretty interesting, and I wonder how they're going to conclude the series with just 1 episode left and not having ended the tournament yet.
Mar 18, 2018 5:09 AM

Aug 2014
Wow, fuck you Dragon Ball Super, just that...

I mean everybody and their mothers saw it coming, but they just doubled down so awfully, it's hilarious xD

I don't even have anything else to say. The fight was bland and Jiren still sucks.
Mar 18, 2018 5:15 AM

May 2017
Raichi_ said:
SteelingMax said:

This episode is a 3/5

Where do you find such detailed information about who animated which parts of the episode?

first of all they are listed in the credits, second of all if you know their animation styles you can easily tell when they show up in an episode
Mar 18, 2018 5:17 AM

Sep 2007
After 130 episodes, some continu to complain.
Damn masochist, they love that !

Anyways, the fight was good, the graphics were near the best of DBS ...
But the last min, like we didn't knew. XD
Mar 18, 2018 5:49 AM

Jun 2010
Well worth the two week wait!

The whole fight was all sorts of awesome and probably the craziest I've ever seen in a Dragon Ball fight. Epic stuff!

The biggest surprise to me was when Master UI was shown to have a bad side effect. Dammit! I really felt this episode Goku will finally have the win in the bag but nope! Also seeing Freeza alive was unsurprising (we were all waiting for him lol)... but seeing 17 alive was the other big unexpected event. The dude just can't die..

Anyways looking forward to the finale!

Mar 18, 2018 5:56 AM

Jun 2010
OneNaughtyBear said:

I can’t be the only one who thought this scene was the Frieza betrayal theories coming true

I think it was drawn in a way to make everyone think Freeza shot him in the back lol. Had me fooled too.

Mar 18, 2018 6:04 AM
Dec 2017
JDS_Mirai said:
OneNaughtyBear said:

I think it was drawn in a way to make everyone think Freeza shot him in the back lol. Had me fooled too.

but the dark energy that flows around after looks like god of destruction energy
Mar 18, 2018 6:15 AM
Nov 2014
I'm not the biggest fan of dragon ball super but that fight was fucking sick.
Mar 18, 2018 6:44 AM
Sep 2017
I think Goku's body and mind will be overwhelmed, and he'll become evil and fight against 17 and Frieza
Mar 18, 2018 7:20 AM

Mar 2016
This episode was insane! Hands down the best-looking episode in Dragon Ball history!

Naoki Tate, Naotoshi Shida, Futoshi Higashide, Shuuichiro Manabe and every other amazing animator brought their best work ever to this episode!
Katsuo_Mar 18, 2018 7:34 AM

Mar 18, 2018 7:35 AM
Sep 2015
Great Animation Quality in this episode. Who would have thought 17 and freeza are still alive. I wonder how they were alive with all that blasts going on, lol. Looking forward for the next episode...
Mar 18, 2018 8:15 AM
Jun 2017
Everything was going well till plot point kicked in. And 17's still alive? Way to cheapen an epic death.
Mar 18, 2018 8:30 AM

Apr 2012
Goku wasted a lot of stamina before he mastered the ultra instinct, I believe Goku would win in a rematch.
Mar 18, 2018 9:21 AM
Feb 2018
There was no need of saving Goku and bringing Android 17
Mar 18, 2018 10:06 AM

May 2013
Congrats DBS you are now officially worse than Dragon Ball Evolution.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Whats your expectations on the GRANOLAH THE SURVIVORS SAGA

HinduHabibi - 2 hours ago

3 by deg »»
17 minutes ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

51 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 24, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

96 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 24, 7:36 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

102 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 66 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2016

352 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 8:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.