Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 10, 2018 11:19 PM

Jan 2013
what in the fuck

IMO this is what destroys anime eventually, crowds who use art form as a jerking material.
Mar 11, 2018 12:52 AM

May 2017
Rape is a fine fantasy.. but keep it to your hentai.
I think it's wrong when a character does it in a commercialized show or manga. What about the real factors of the victim? Sure, we can ignore it because it isn't real, but some people like to enjoy their entertainment without having to experience someone's sick fantasy in their face. Like, jesus. And if the character is just "rapey", where they're creepy and on the verge of committing rape, but it's played off as a joke, that's just uncomfortable. Those kinds of people are real, and they exist in places where they can and will commit a rape. Just, ew.
Mar 11, 2018 1:45 AM

Nov 2014
It's.... gross... Maybe? I'm guessing it's just because it isn't my fetish.

aliquae said:
I don't know why, but the word 'rapey' gets on my nerves.
It does seem a slightly inadequate way of phrasing it, especially because I don't think @Rham is referring to actual rape. Sexually assertive perhaps would be a more appropriate way to describe it.

ZSTGL_IMA said:
If the rapey character's a male, it's gross
If it's a female then it's fine...
But it depends tho....
But that's just your gender preferences. If you have a fetish for "rapey" characters, then I'm pretty sure someone of the opposite gender would have the same opinion as you, except the gender roles would be reversed.

Pullman said:
BTW, here is the top recommendation for next season for people who enjoy that kind of stuff. It might even be better than Diabolik Lovers judging from that synopsis:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/37320/Amai_Choupatsu__Watashi_wa_Kanshuu_Senyou_Pet
The target audience is women. Not that I'm saying people outside the target audience can't/won't enjoy it, but it's somehow less gross for a woman to be immersed in this show by fantacising about being taken advantage of than a man being immersed in this show by fantacising about taking advantage of a woman. Is this a double standard?

To clarify, it's not an issue of gender. If the roles were switched, the same would still apply. My idea here is fantacising about being taken advantage of is less gross that fantacising about taking advantage of others.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Mar 11, 2018 3:01 AM

Jun 2012
Rapey is rapish which is not the same as raping. Which makes them just dominant and slightly harassing characters imho. And I don't find that disgusting at all.

They are very often visualized as very hot characters. Through that though it seems like it's made an approved feature or characteristics in real life which on the other hand is not cool.
Eight-Man said:
Remember, be an artist, not an autist.

"If anything simply cannot go wrong it will anyway."

~ Murphy's 5th law
Mar 11, 2018 3:05 AM
Jul 2018
Great and need more, screw moralfags.
Mar 11, 2018 3:05 AM
Spiral Warrior

Jan 2017
The word "rapey" is really over and misused. I've heard it used to describe things as simple as holding doors open for women before.

That aside, neither. A character's worth is in their contribution to the plot and interactions with other characters. If they provide good comedic relief or else have good character development then they're an enjoyable character. If they're just some irrelevant creep then they are not.

"Hot" is way too subjective to individual appearance and mannerisms of the subject and preferences of the viewer to try to classify an entire character archetype as hot or not.
Sasori_NagashiMar 11, 2018 3:09 AM

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Mar 11, 2018 4:17 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Rham said:
Rapey character is someone who likes raping. Perverts, or whoever else that does not actually rape someone don’t count. Or, at least, that’s what I meant when started this thread.
Okay, so someone who does a little grope or strips some folks every now and then is not who we're talking about.
If that's the case, a character who actually rapes someone is a "rapist" not "rapey".
I'm not down for rapists. That's a crime and the act can be traumatizing for the victim.

I mean, there are some characters who seem to be rapists, but according to the word of God, their advances are actually desired by/okay for the receiving party? For example, France from Hetalia does a lot of things which people would consider "rapey". He strips people on holidays, does some groping, and once pounced on his neighbor when he was asleep (with unknown outcome). HOWEVER, the creator mentioned that France only ever does anything to others if he knows they're okay with it and if they aren't he'll stop immediately (if he even started). So it's like this guy's hella rapey until that information is bestowed upon you. But it also shows that these nations must be so bored that they'll accept France's style of trying to spice of their lives which comes in the form of sexual contact.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Mar 11, 2018 4:55 AM

Jan 2018
If people find rapey characters like (Sugou from SAO and Embryo from Cross Ange)are hot there must be something wrong with them.
Mar 11, 2018 5:14 AM

Dec 2017
make sure it's in a comedic way and I'm fine with it

i still find it gross even if it's a hentai/doujin
I like harem
Mar 11, 2018 5:37 AM

Feb 2010
if they good looking then its usually okay
Mar 11, 2018 7:26 AM

Dec 2013
Generally I don't like them, I loathe them with a passion within the media itself. But it's not like I want them to be removed because I feel like I'm some cases the character has a purpose, and maybe it gets complicated and the character is deeper than just "rape". I mean I'll still hate ten as a person but not necessarily as a character if that makes sense?
I feel like a good example for this would be Griffith. I don't like the guy as a person but obviously he's integral to the story. And the rape was kind of important to the plot because it results in something significant, not just rape for the sake of it
And then there are characters I feel are just creeps for one episode solely made to be hated. Well, I guess it really depends
Mar 11, 2018 11:26 AM

Mar 2017
Rape is one of the most horrific things a human being can do to another human being, and media that present rape as sexually exciting are rape fantasies utterly divorced from the reality of rape. People are free to get off on whatever they like provided they're not hurting anyone, but gratuitous rape and molestation needs to stay the fuck out of anything that isn't the darkest of hentai, where people who actually like it can go find it. It's really annoying to see that stuff crop up in action series, or worse, in romantic comedies. I have no interest in seeing that stuff, and if I did, I could seek it out myself. I don't need it in dropped without warning into the media I watch.

Personally, I am very picky about how a show presents rape. If the show presents rape as funny, cute or sexy (cough, Haruhi Suzumiya, cought) I drop that shit like it's been lit on fire. If a series presents rape as something horrible, as it is, then I'm okay as long as they don't get too graphic. Kanazuki no Miko is not a very good show, but if there's anything I will give it points for, it's the fact that they keep the rape scene off-screen.
"Bang." -Spike Spiegal

"Everything... is connected." -Lain Iwakura

"Life is too short to watch bad anime. Long Live the 1st Episode Drop." -InkSpider

"Anime fans make me embarrassed to be an anime fan." -InkSpider
Mar 11, 2018 12:08 PM

Sep 2017
I find it quite messed up, but I won't judge anyone who likes those kinda characters.
Bury me in some fashion, in something fashionable.
Mar 11, 2018 2:23 PM

Feb 2017
Gross, I can't get thro rape scenes in an anime or even if the character doesn't actually rape another 1, their character is just hard to watch

Mar 11, 2018 4:17 PM
Sep 2017
It doesn't need to be hot and/or fetishable. When it feels natural this person might do something like this it should be fine. If there are reasons for their actions or if they are just terrible people with proven track record of being complete bastards, then whatever. Part of the story.

What's bad? Well, the typical "I'm so hot that when I rape you, you start to love me" trope. I mean, like literally dragging someone in a public bathroom and molesting until they start begging to get fucked. This one actually shows up in a lot of shoujo stories too in slightly less ugly form and of course also in some BL stories as well. It also may include strong displays of yandere level jealousy (it's so cute when they get angry, right?) and fighting off rivals with physical means and blackmail and disgusting "redemption" trope where sacrifices of the oppressed eventually "cure" the bad person just because... Of course if you making a tragedy with these elements then go right ahead.

There is also good way to have elements like this in a story. Make the characters clearly sub and dom and have them actually respect and care about each other. You can have all your perverted sex you want without breaking suspension of belief or making your characters completely deplorable or broken. It's actually troublesome that many writers always make the dom characters seem like bad people.
MyWayHighWayMar 11, 2018 4:21 PM
Mar 11, 2018 4:41 PM

Feb 2018
NthDegree said:
I can usually deal with rapey characters as long as all of the following apply a) they never actually go through with it b) they're not the MC c) it's not played for laughs (only makes it seem creepier that way imo).

Totally agree 100%! I don't mind them as long as they follow those rules ^^ plus their not some diabolic insane character with the most wicked laugh and scary ass face (although that's how I would imagine a rapey character)
Mar 11, 2018 5:09 PM

Mar 2016
It's gross. Horrible, even. Character's who force themselves upon each other or continue to do acts when someone tells them to stop, is one of the most unattractive things any character could do.
!! 𝙒𝘼𝙍𝙉𝙄𝙉𝙂 !! vampires bite beautiful people
Mar 11, 2018 8:41 PM

Aug 2016
Rham said:
I think rapey characters are fine and can be pretty hot at times.

Morbid curiosity. What makes rape "pretty hot"?
People who put MAL stats in their sigs are losers lol
Mar 11, 2018 10:54 PM
Jun 2016
Its a little skanky, not gunna lie. I find it a bit annoying, but in all honesty its just skanky but we gotta live with that. Right?
Mar 12, 2018 3:19 AM

Aug 2009
Cue the Griffith did nothing wrong memes.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Mar 12, 2018 8:35 AM

May 2012
I love Rapey characters. If you guys know some good rapey character pleased recommend me one !!
Mar 12, 2018 8:49 AM
Jan 2017
Again this type of topic geez some ppl really love GRIFFITH!!!!!!
Mar 21, 2018 1:41 AM
Dec 2017
When you say rapey do you mean characters like Hisoka and Shuu Tsukiyama?
If you meant Characters like them then i like it
Mar 21, 2018 1:45 AM

Dec 2016
Rape is disgusting and anybody who likes rape, rapists OR potential rapists (real or fiction) has severe mental issues. End of discussion.
Mar 21, 2018 1:49 AM
Jul 2015
Rham said:
Title says it all. I think rapey characters are fine and can be pretty hot at times.

Yeah, probably that's the case because they happen to be sexy. What if it were a fat pig/cow with 4 chins and pimples with puss covering their faces? Will you still find this rapey character being hot? No need to answer
Jan 12, 2019 7:04 PM

Jan 2010
Rham said:
Title says it all. I think rapey characters are fine and can be pretty hot at times.
Rapey? Can you give me examples please?
Jan 19, 2019 11:28 AM
Nov 2018
They are nonsensical unless their behaviour has a meaning in the story.
Nov 11, 2019 8:15 PM

Mar 2019
Pullman said:
Honestly, I find them as appalling as I find people who find them 'hot' bewildering.
Because they typically are hot, obviously. If there be a rapey character that looks not particularly attractive, then it's just a creep.

That regarded, it's fiction, so I will gladly have more hot rapey characters and more cute tundere who are like "Nooo... stop... it's not that I like you... b-b-baka."

cageofroses said:
Yeah, if a character rapes someone then they are automatically disgusting to me, regardless of their appearance.

Rape in the context of stories is fine but don't glorify that shit or try to make it fanservice, lol. Rape is a traumatic experience and as a topic should be written with care.
No it isn't; it's delicious fan-service and should be treated as such — just like domestic violence, incest, sex with the underage, comically horrible parental neglect, forced cross-dressing, upskirting and all the other delicious things we can do in fiction where no man was hurt in the shooting thereof.
SphinxterNov 11, 2019 8:18 PM

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Nov 11, 2019 8:39 PM

Mar 2017
OP: I have a rape fetish and want other people to know that.

/thread
"Bang." -Spike Spiegal

"Everything... is connected." -Lain Iwakura

"Life is too short to watch bad anime. Long Live the 1st Episode Drop." -InkSpider

"Anime fans make me embarrassed to be an anime fan." -InkSpider
Nov 11, 2019 8:39 PM

May 2013
Gross obviously. Is this a serious question? eww
Nov 11, 2019 8:46 PM

Nov 2017
Male = gross
Female = hot

It all depends on the animation though, good art can make anyone hot
Nov 11, 2019 9:05 PM
Jul 2018
Hey, as long as there isn't a victim, and it isn't realistically portrayed, you do you.

I mean they don't really serve a different purpose from the accidental grouping all throughout anime from the perspective of the viewer. The only difference is that the character doing it isn't an awful person. As a viewer, you are still seeing a character put into a sexual situation against their will and having said character being sexualized during the process as well as the situation still being fantasized about. It might hide under the pretense of being a joke, but it's obvious that isn't why it was put there. Otherwise, they would be no reason why the victimized character would be sexualized at all and the shots would have a completely different tone.
Nov 11, 2019 9:06 PM

Mar 2019
Vonice said:
Gross obviously. Is this a serious question? eww

Apparently, since many say they like it.

However, the man of morality has seldom the theory of mind to appreciate the simplicity of that another man might have differing præferences — else he would not continue to believe therein.

Aniik8pv2 said:
Male = gross
Female = hot

It all depends on the animation though, good art can make anyone hot

Emphatically bourgeois.

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Nov 11, 2019 9:12 PM

May 2013
My favorite doujin is layers of white so I mean yeah rapey characters can be hot.

I also always go after the rapey playboy in Otome games.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Nov 11, 2019 9:13 PM

Mar 2019
Hino-San no Baka is by the way a modern masterpiece in the rapist–tundere romance genre:

The interactions are veritably splendorous, and for a change the tundere is portrayed as not strong-willed but extremely weak, and the rapist is rather than portrayed as attractive and successful at all things more so a delinquent with little academic progress — their interactions are magnificent, indeed.

— Bertrand Russell
Nov 11, 2019 9:14 PM

Oct 2017
I think it can be hot. Really depends on how the creators are trying to portray it.
Nov 11, 2019 9:40 PM

Jan 2011
only cool one is the hero we deserve

he also has the most badass seiyuu as well
Nov 11, 2019 9:47 PM

Jan 2013
That... depends. On many factors, really.
Nov 11, 2019 10:05 PM

Jan 2015
It's gross, disgusting and makes me really uncomfortable tbh. Specially when they portray it as something "hot" or for fanservice, like in a lot of yaoi and yuri. There's really nothing appealing about it. I don't mind if it's in the context of the story and properly treated tho.
To each their own I guess but if someone actually finds it attractive I'm concerned for them...

✧ 미처 말하지 못했어 다만 너를 좋아했어
어린 날의 꿈처럼 마치 기적처럼
시간을 달려서 어른이 될 수만 있다면
거친 세상 속에서 손을 잡아줄게 ༉‧₊˚✧

⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾

Nov 11, 2019 10:57 PM

Oct 2008
I find them necessary, as well as appalling. A compelling story needs scum characters like them.
Nov 11, 2019 11:04 PM
Jul 2018
I can't recall 'rapey' characters, and IDK if I understood the word properly.

But ya, I like those male characters that have this diabolical lusty vibe, but they shouldn't actually molest someone.

I think it depends on how they are portrayed. They can be hot if they have self-restraint in their actions despite expressing their lust or seducing someone.. and also, many other factors make a person a hot, so..
Nov 11, 2019 11:56 PM

Mar 2019
_oak said:

But ya, I like those male characters that have this diabolical lusty vibe, but they shouldn't actually molest someone.

I think it depends on how they are portrayed. They can be hot if they have self-restraint in their actions despite expressing their lust or seducing someone.. and also, many other factors make a person a hot, so..
It's generally portrayed that they do "molest" someone, but the person they molest is portrayed as enjoying it, or at least coming to enjoy it.

Let go of me already, b-b-baka; I hate this... whilst I'm tightly clinging onto you myself.

— Bertrand Russell
Nov 12, 2019 12:18 AM
Jul 2018
Sphinxter said:
_oak said:

It's generally portrayed that they do "molest" someone, but the person they molest is portrayed as enjoying it, or at least coming to enjoy it.

Let go of me already, b-b-baka; I hate this... whilst I'm tightly clinging onto you myself.

Then it would really depend on the portrayal of the scene or character.. I couldn't say really

I... I ...I like it *quickly adds Maid Sama to PTW*

removed-userNov 12, 2019 12:21 AM
Nov 12, 2019 12:21 AM

Nov 2016
If he's Rapeman then he's hot. Otherwise not.
Nov 12, 2019 12:34 AM

Mar 2019
_oak said:
Sphinxter said:

Then it would really depend on the portrayal of the scene or character.. I couldn't say really

Maid-Sama! is one of the finest rapey bisyounen–violent tundere romances; their interactions are beyond cute.

Edit, anyway, more spreading of the Holy Gospel of Rape:

The crowd goes wild, and duly applauds this bold act of sexual molestation, as it should.

"N-no, it's n-not that I like you or anything, b-baka." means "Yes."; "Yes." means "boring and terribly uncute".
SphinxterNov 12, 2019 12:47 AM

— Bertrand Russell
Nov 12, 2019 12:43 AM
Jul 2018
Sphinxter said:
_oak said:

Maid-Sama! is one of the finest rapey bisyounen–violent tundere romances; their interactions are beyond cute.

combination of opposites?:) ...thanks for posting!
Nov 12, 2019 12:57 AM

Mar 2019
More spreading of the Holy Gospel or Rape:

And on the first day, God said "Let there be sexy molestation scenes", and He saw that it was good:

SphinxterNov 12, 2019 1:33 AM

— Bertrand Russell
Nov 12, 2019 7:26 PM

Oct 2019
wow i don't like the term 'rapey'

...but i do like characters who are forward
Nov 12, 2019 7:54 PM

Nov 2008
They disgust me and should all be thrown into a black hole. :/

Note: I do not consider characters who surprise-kiss to be the same as rapists.

Nov 12, 2019 10:20 PM

Apr 2012
someone rly just searched and necro'd this thread after months to a year of inactivity just to quote old posts and admit they have a rape fetish to the forum.

Ok.jpg

let's live heroically, let's live with style
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» What does the Anime you watch say about you

ST63LTH - Apr 29

29 by shin0by »»
2 minutes ago

» Woke Companies Force Japanese Sites to Censor Anime and Manga Content or Shutdown ( 1 2 3 )

rohan121 - May 9

118 by HulkTySSJ2 »»
3 minutes ago

» Are you involved in any fandom activity?

RobertBobert - May 10

38 by Dracowyn »»
4 minutes ago

» Does Non-Japanese Artist Song count as Anime OP/ED?

Dragevard - Yesterday

18 by Theo1899 »»
6 minutes ago

» Any idea for my 2000th anime?

BenjaminJunior - May 10

15 by BenjaminJunior »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.