Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 9, 2018 8:17 AM
Jul 2018
Title says it all. I think rapey characters are fine and can be pretty hot at times.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 9, 2018 8:19 AM

Feb 2010
Honestly, I find them as appalling as I find people who find them 'hot' bewildering.
I probably regret this post by now.
Mar 9, 2018 8:20 AM

Aug 2017
why...

but yeah i think they're fucking disgusting
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 9, 2018 8:21 AM

Sep 2017
I don't know why, but the word 'rapey' gets on my nerves.

Rapey characters in anime and live action are creepy, but in books I can handle it since it is less visual. However, I won't go looking for them in fiction.

“If you live for yourself you’ve only got yourself to blame. So I can’t really blame anyone else and I don’t have any regrets.”

list

Mar 9, 2018 8:21 AM

Mar 2012
Totally gross.
Definitely the worst sort of characters in existence. I can never understand why people, fujos in particular, love them.
Mar 9, 2018 8:22 AM

Jun 2011
gross as fuck, Sakujun from Saiunkoku Monogatari pisses me off because the female lead was actually bewitched by his mysterious charm and he was super rapey, and while he's made to be a sad character dude's killed plenty of other dudes, no reason to feel sorry for him, other than he looks good.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 9, 2018 8:23 AM
Jul 2018
Maou_heika said:
Totally gross.
Definitely the worst sort of characters in existence. I can never understand why people, fujos in particular, love them.

Some people are just into it. It’s a fetish, basically
Mar 9, 2018 8:24 AM

Feb 2013
i take all my life lessons from this guy

https://myanimelist.net/character/22034/Keisuke_Iwasaki
Mar 9, 2018 8:25 AM

Feb 2010
BTW, here is the top recommendation for next season for people who enjoy that kind of stuff. It might even be better than Diabolik Lovers judging from that synopsis:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/37320/Amai_Choupatsu__Watashi_wa_Kanshuu_Senyou_Pet
Mar 9, 2018 8:26 AM

Oct 2017
If the rapey character's a male, it's gross
If it's a female then it's fine...
But it depends tho....
Mar 9, 2018 8:27 AM

Feb 2010
ToG25thBaam said:
gross as fuck, Sakujun from Saiunkoku Monogatari pisses me off because the female lead was actually bewitched by his mysterious charm and he was super rapey, and while he's made to be a sad character dude's killed plenty of other dudes, no reason to feel sorry for him, other than he looks good.

yeah I even started disliking the female lead because of how she reacted to his rapeyness with attraction rather than repulsion. That's how much I dislike chars like that, I even start disliking other characters just for not hating them appropriately :>

Fortunately the show managed to recover somewhat after discarding that dude.
Mar 9, 2018 8:27 AM

Jul 2015
If the rapist is cute enough I can get off to that
Mar 9, 2018 8:31 AM

Jun 2017
uhhm , Griffith is GOD , but I wouldn't say hot...

and what exactly do you find hot? the act of raping or the rapist himself?

Mar 9, 2018 8:32 AM

Jun 2011
Pullman said:
yeah I even started disliking the female lead because of how she reacted to his rapeyness with attraction rather than repulsion. That's how much I dislike chars like that, I even start disliking other characters just for not hating them appropriately :>

Fortunately the show managed to recover somewhat after discarding that dude.
same and i think it was also somewhat intentional, as the female lead actually went out of her way to promise to not allow anyone to get too close to her, can't hate her she's a great character, but definitely frustrating to watch during that stretch like "noo girl wat u doin"
Mar 9, 2018 8:33 AM
Jul 2018
Jare4lopez said:
uhhm , Griffith is GOD , but I wouldn't say hot...

and what exactly do you find hot? the act of raping or the rapist himself?

The act of raping if the rapist is hot. Duh.
Mar 9, 2018 8:35 AM
Oct 2017
when i think about "rapey" characters, the first thing that comes to mind is whether i find them gross or hot
Mar 9, 2018 8:38 AM

Jan 2018
Well, I think no one likes rapey characters they are very disgusting and appalling
Mar 9, 2018 8:38 AM
Jul 2018
bitchassdarius said:
when i think about "rapey" characters, the first thing that comes to mind is whether i find them gross or hot

Feel free to come back when you make up your mind
Mar 9, 2018 8:39 AM
Jul 2018
Congintive said:
Well, I think no one likes rapey characters they are very disgusting and appalling

They are disgusting and appalling to you, doesn’t mean no one likes them.
Mar 9, 2018 8:40 AM
Jan 2018
if they are cute busty girls then yea. HOT ASF
Mar 9, 2018 8:49 AM

Feb 2016
I don't like it when anime has sexual vibes so yeah i hate it
Mar 9, 2018 8:51 AM
Jul 2018
senpaiazula said:

Any sexual vibes? What about romance?
Mar 9, 2018 8:53 AM
Aug 2016
Look @IpreferEcchi, a perfect thread for ya.
Mar 9, 2018 9:01 AM

Jan 2018
I disagree. Any normal human would feel disgusted if they are forced to do something. Well, can't be helped if they are horny and likes em wild life style.
Mar 9, 2018 9:02 AM

Jun 2011
Rham said:
senpaiazula said:

Any sexual vibes? What about romance?
i feel the same as senpaiazula, i don't handle mature animu too well. Something like Kaichou wa Maid-sama is ok because it hasn't once implied they're gonna do da do do even though there's lots of teasing, but something like Hachimitsu to Clover which I've heard is amazing that contain mature content, I haven't got to it yet because of that. That's kind of the difference for me.
Mar 9, 2018 9:07 AM

Sep 2014
Kazami said:

^^
Tis a fetish. I'm down for those kind of characters.
Mar 9, 2018 9:12 AM

Feb 2015
Yes, SAO S1 were the best. Who doesn't wanna lick Asuna's face when she's so powerless?
Mar 9, 2018 9:14 AM
Jun 2017
I don't know what a "rapey" character is....
Mar 9, 2018 9:15 AM

Mar 2017
With all things, humans can and will sexualize anything. So I fail to see the point of this thread, if you wanted to just collect information on this then a poll was the way to go. Without the poll it's just "hey is this your fetish?" which feels weird.

to actually answer, fairly indifferent to it.

come, you sweet hour of death
Mar 9, 2018 9:15 AM

Nov 2017
Rham said:
Congintive said:

Accept that its your fetish(you be you), but give up the fact that it's not good or healthy or legal or moral etc.. etc..
Mar 9, 2018 9:16 AM

Apr 2017
Definetly Gross how in the world are they hot?

"Life and death have been in love,
For longer than we have words to describe,
Life sends countless gifts to death,
And death keeps them forever."

Mar 9, 2018 9:18 AM

Apr 2017
Kuraokani said:

The main villain in the second half of SAO season 1

Mar 9, 2018 9:19 AM
Jun 2017
PunkHazard98 said:
Kuraokani said:

Oh okay. So it's a character that gives off a rapist vibe?
Mar 9, 2018 9:22 AM

Dec 2016
its just gross lol

some people just have weird fetishes i think
Mar 9, 2018 9:23 AM

Jun 2011
Bruneo said:
Rham said:

Accept that its your fetish(you be you), but give up the fact that it's not good or healthy or legal or moral etc.. etc..
doesnt even have to be a fetish, i dont think rapey characters are "hot", but if done right they can be very likeable in general, and even when they are just irredeemable.... hey sometimes i like to root for the bad guy lol

likable little bastard right here
Mar 9, 2018 9:23 AM

Dec 2012
I don't know my dude, you gotta show me a few examples. That fatso from Btooom? Not a chance. One of those assertive bishounen in a reverse harem? Hmm, debatable. A certain character from Aku no Hana? YES PLEASE HOLY GOD YES!
Mar 9, 2018 9:24 AM

Jan 2017
Most of yuri and yaoi fanatics find it hot. Both are disgusting imo
Mar 9, 2018 9:29 AM

Jul 2015
Lessie said:
Kazami said:

^^

same, and it's a mere fetish, so I think people need to stop connecting fiction and fantasy with reality
Mar 9, 2018 9:37 AM

Jul 2015
Bayek said:
I don't know my dude, you gotta show me a few examples. That fatso from Btooom? Not a chance. One of those assertive bishounen in a reverse harem? Hmm, debatable. A certain character from Aku no Hana? YES PLEASE HOLY GOD YES!

They didn't specify so I'm guessing all of these count, including the one from Btooom lol
Mar 9, 2018 9:43 AM

May 2016
Kazami said:
Lessie said:

^^

same, and it's a mere fetish, so I think people need to stop connecting fiction and fantasy with reality
There are things that fiction shouldn't do... This is one of them. It's true that fiction isn't reality but morals are still the same. If it weren't like this, why would you even care about fiction on the first place? Specially about the fate of characters. If your favorite character has been raped, based on that logic you could say it was hot; but I don't think you would find it hot in anyway.

If it's not obvious, I find it very gross and it shouldn't be used as "fanservice".
Mar 9, 2018 9:45 AM

Nov 2017
Killaclown said:
Bruneo said:

doesnt even have to be a fetish, i dont think rapey characters are "hot", but if done right they can be very likeable in general, and even when they are just irredeemable.... hey sometimes i like to root for the bad guy lol

OP put the focus on the attraction or acceptance of those characters.
If there's a bad guy that does that shit then ya, kindof makes sense. just don't glorify it by portraying it as an acceptable
Mar 9, 2018 9:47 AM

Apr 2017
Kuraokani said:
PunkHazard98 said:

Oh okay. So it's a character that gives off a rapist vibe?

Yeah sort of only this guy actually tried to rape asuna if you recall

Mar 9, 2018 9:50 AM

Nov 2017
keep that to your hentai haven suggestions please
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 9, 2018 9:59 AM

Jul 2015
SuzuMine-chan said:
There are things that fiction shouldn't do... This is one of them.

Why not? You have your personal taste and standards, you don't find this stuff appealing, and that's cool, but if certain people find enjoyment in that, why take it away from them? I don't see the harm of people enjoying such things in fiction despite rape being a crime, there are lots of other things (crimes or not) that are still enjoyment factors for a lot of people, such as murder, yet those don't ever seem to get complaints about for the most part.
But that's mostly irrelevant and a little bit off-topic tbh, the question was whether one finds a "rapey" character hot or not, not about rape per se. A character can still be suggested as "rapey" with a clean record.
Now off-topic again, don't project onto me dude, I sometimes do find some of my favorite characters being raped hot.
KazamiMar 9, 2018 12:18 PM
Mar 9, 2018 10:01 AM

Jun 2011
Bruneo said:
Killaclown said:

If there's a bad guy that does that shit then ya, kindof makes sense. just don't glorify it by portraying it as an acceptable
well the pic i posted is the MC from Desert punk, while not a "good guy" obviously, he is very likable in general (obviously, he is the main character after all).... then there is the popular hisoka from HxH, more than just rapey, but people LOVE him, obviously my love of clowns in general assures im one of them (actually i should add him to my favs list)

@pgmhecateii here you go
Mar 9, 2018 10:04 AM

Aug 2015
can someone give me an example of a rapey character. been seeing this word pop up lately but i honestly can't think of a 'rapey' character
Mar 9, 2018 10:06 AM

Nov 2017
Killaclown said:
Bruneo said:

well the pic i posted is the MC from Desert punk, while not a "good guy" obviously, he is very likable in general (obviously, he is the main character after all).... then there is the popular hisoka from HxH, more than just rapey, but people LOVE him, obviously my love of clowns in general assures im one of them (actually i should add him to my favs list)

@pgmhecateii here you go

1: I think I'm thinking more literally then you are.

2: Hisoka is rapey? eccentric maybe?

3: likeable =/= acceptable or glorified
Mar 9, 2018 10:08 AM

Aug 2017
its actually grossly hot and anyone who says otherwise is wrong
Mar 9, 2018 10:09 AM

Jan 2018
totally gross for male..
but is ok if it was female rapey. tehe

兵家
"Green how I want you green. Green wind. Green branches."
Mar 9, 2018 10:10 AM

Apr 2016
OP are you talking about those alpha male MCs from those seasonal hentai shorts that are currently the thing in Nippon ?
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» If MAL didn't exist

Alpha_1_Zero - 1 hour ago

19 by Pinoffin »»
3 minutes ago

» Visual Novels — General Thread ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Yesterday

56 by TeBaTe »»
6 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand. ( 1 2 3 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 26

109 by APolygons2 »»
6 minutes ago

» Why are so many ecchi enjoyers overweight?

EverRealm - Yesterday

35 by Kenzolo-folk »»
7 minutes ago

» Your Strongest and Weakest Recommendation from your Favorites

Pokitaru - 4 hours ago

18 by lazernerd »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.