Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 5, 2018 5:38 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh boy, Ika could prove to be quite a nuisance to deal with.
She's aggressive and isn't afraid to be close with Ryuichi. Ginko had that yandere-like look on her face lul

On the shogi front, we got Ai vs Ika, a match that was pretty inevitable at this point.
Mar 5, 2018 7:04 AM

Apr 2013
I'm saving that yandere look lol
One of the many yandere looks this episode

Ryuuou no Oshigoto - 09 Ginko V2

duderusMar 5, 2018 8:44 AM

Mar 5, 2018 8:23 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
So the prelims for the woman's open begins. Its funny the reason why the Ai's are so determined to win is because they want to please Yaichi. Ika and Yachi's past though sure was unexpected. Ginko's interrogation of Yachi though sure was hillarious but had some great info on Ika though. Ai sure joined in quickly when the terms Yaichi's ex came up. The match between Ai and Ika though sure was fierce. But Ai turning the tables on Ika with her declaration and moves though sure was inspiring. Hmm gifting their victories to Ai as his birthday present was really thoughtful of the two and their speeches were cute. Yachi will have a tough match next though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 2018 8:41 AM

Apr 2011
Damn. Ika is one crazy girl. I thought Ai would lose, but she reversed it. That was fierce and awesome. Ginko's interrogation of Yaichi was funny. Not only the two Ai's are cute but seriously strong. And they dedicated their victory to him. Lucky bastard.
Mar 5, 2018 9:09 AM

Jun 2015
The cringy girl with the shark teeth is back and lost brilliantly against Ai. She was such a nuisance. That was a fierce match. Ginko's interrogation with Yaichi was funny. The ending was nice. The two girls fought hard because they were playing for him.
Mar 5, 2018 9:20 AM

Sep 2015
Excellent episode! The match was intense to watch thanks to Ika's intimidating nature and Ai's determination. That ending was also very satisfying with the surprise birthday scene. I love this series so much!
Mar 5, 2018 9:49 AM
Feb 2016
An intense match from Ai and an adorable scene at the end. Great episode.
Mar 5, 2018 9:51 AM

Mar 2016
This was probably one of my favorite episodes in this series so far, barring episode 7
Mar 5, 2018 10:09 AM

Nov 2016
You guys think they'll have yaichi lose his title?
Mar 5, 2018 10:12 AM

Sep 2013
Ika is a jobber, so much for all her hype.
The ai's won for their master and gave the wins for his birthday present :'(
Ayumu put up a good fight against he meijin but loses.
Mar 5, 2018 10:20 AM
Mar 2016
Man, that Ika gurl is something else. Too bad she lost to a little girl like Ai

man, no Ginko panchira.
Mar 5, 2018 10:25 AM

Aug 2008
Shark teeth girl is probably the lamest antagonist I've ever seen in anime. It's one of these series that keep digging after hitting the bottom.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Mar 5, 2018 10:37 AM

Sep 2012
Phatal said:
You guys think they'll have yaichi lose his title?

losing that wouldn't make him ryuuo anymore,
what does the title say again?
Mar 5, 2018 10:50 AM

Feb 2008
It's a good thing that Ai didn't lose against that person, intense match as always and heartwarming ending.

Too much tsun for 2nd Ai . :D

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Mar 5, 2018 10:54 AM

May 2015
It won’t be easy to defeat that man...
Mar 5, 2018 11:51 AM
Nov 2017
dude needs to make a move on ginko so she stops abusing him...also this has got to he the cheesiest show I've ever watched--also it would probably help if I knew literally any rules of shogi or what any of the prices meant
Mar 5, 2018 2:24 PM

May 2017
Aaaargh moooo!!! why would ginko care if Ryou was dating that shark-teeth?! Ginko always nags about him 'dating' a loli, but now that there is a girl his age interested she also nags?! MAKE UP YOUR MIND WOMAN!!!!! HE IS NOT DATING A LOLI AS YOU WANTED! YOU SHOULD BE HOOKING THEM UP SO HE FORGETS ABOUT AI NOT NAGGING AT HIM FOR IT!

@alecm122
Wait, what? Wasn't Ginko like... his sister?
Mar 5, 2018 2:54 PM
Nov 2017
RandomCritic said:
Aaaargh moooo!!! why would ginko care if Ryou was dating that shark-teeth?! Ginko always nags about him 'dating' a loli, but now that there is a girl his age interested she also nags?! MAKE UP YOUR MIND WOMAN!!!!! HE IS NOT DATING A LOLI AS YOU WANTED! YOU SHOULD BE HOOKING THEM UP SO HE FORGETS ABOUT AI NOT NAGGING AT HIM FOR IT!

@alecm122
no they aren't blood related at all, actually they aren't even family, he just gave her the nickname "sis" for an unknown reason, notice how he doesn't call her "onee-chan or imouto" (big sister/little sister) but instead literally calls her "sis". I think it's a nickname and has nothing to do with the English world "sister"
Mar 5, 2018 2:55 PM

May 2009
RandomCritic said:

@alecm122

Haha, no, she is his sister only in their "shogi family". As she is interested in Yaichi, of course she doesn't like his relation with Ika.
Mar 5, 2018 2:56 PM

Jun 2017
RandomCritic said:

@alecm122

Now imagine Ginko's reaction if she knew Keika also loves him lol. She is just his "shogi" sister tho, there is no blood relation.

Mar 5, 2018 4:00 PM
Jan 2017
While I enjoyed the Ai vs Ika match, it's kinda lame to see Ika propped up as a fearsome and threatening opponent, only for Ai to beat her within less than an episode. That makes it hard for me to take Ika seriously as an antagonist because she only serves to prop up Ai (Hinatsuru) as shogi prodigy. At least the Meijin shapes up to be a strong opponent for Yaichi and the series has been building up to their confrontation quite well. The ending with the two Ais also shows the series is good at poignant and heartwarming moments.
Mar 5, 2018 4:23 PM
Jun 2017
Great episode, not much loli scenes but i like it, that Ai vs Ika match was awesome!!! Good thing Ai beat that Ika (i just dont like her)....

*and nice b-day present of both Ai to The ryuo, a very heartwarming message to their master.

Up next is the ryuo vs meijin... im so excited about it already!!!
Mar 5, 2018 4:28 PM

Jan 2016
Deamn, this anime is just a cornucopia of waifus. Shark teeth grill deserved to share the first place of the girl of the season along with tsun Ai
In time, you will know the tragic extent of my fapping's...
Mar 5, 2018 4:41 PM
Oct 2016
Thought for sure Ai was going to lose so that Ika would face against Ginko. I was hoping for that kinda match up but it was okay since the Ais were able to give their master a good birthday present because of it.

That Ginko jealous and yandere expression was the highlight of the episode for me
Mar 5, 2018 5:32 PM

Jan 2011
this was like the least trashy-ish episode minus some of the earlier bits was hoping they wouldn't ruin that decent ending speech and was surprised they didn't pull some dumb jokes ,was worth watching up to this point for all of shark teethes expressions but even though i expected her to lose bummed she didn't much screentime after her lost all that focus and then they cut her off lol

as for the match it had some stakes and shark teeth was hyped up as someone super strong but again i can't really comment on the shogi besides being like that person did a thing ! so all it looks like to a outsider is Ai was losing then she turned it around and won after yaichi said some words ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 5, 2018 6:15 PM

Nov 2017
That one moment,when Ginko's foot was against the wall,with a teasing upskirt shot,that was pure bliss ;)
Probably my 2nd favourite episode,after that time when Yaichi was getting a foot massage,on his head,by Ginko,with another teasing upskirt shot.
Wonder if she's a bit S :)
Mar 5, 2018 6:39 PM

Sep 2011
Antanaru said:
Shark teeth girl is probably the lamest antagonist I've ever seen in anime. It's one of these series that keep digging after hitting the bottom.

I was trying to figure out how to word my feelings. This sums it up quite nicely. I know there have been one or two, so this girl is in my top three most instantly hated characters, and not in the good way. It is one thing to have the viewer grow to hate the character and their motives - it is another to cause your viewer to hate a character because they were obviously designed to be hated.

I've also had enough with girls who go on their jealousy bitch rages without even listening to what the guy has to say. Since Im not a shallow husk of a human being I see what's inside being way more attractive than the outside. I'm not going to let a panty shot dismiss the fact that she is an unlikable bitch.
Mar 5, 2018 7:08 PM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
That scene where Ginko and Yandere Ai joined forces to question Yaichi about the crazy chick, damn scary jealous women.
Mar 5, 2018 8:04 PM

Jan 2017
Hang on.. is Ai now a title holder? since Ika who is imperial throne has lost? Or it must be a title match for the title to change hands?

And did that female commentator sabotaged Yaichi by pushing him towards the girls? She's one cunning person..
Mar 5, 2018 8:12 PM
Mar 2015
TheAi's have it. Just when Ryu thought they did not need him any more, they present his stalkers head on a platter as a birthday present
Mar 5, 2018 8:43 PM

May 2017
Ai's speeches were always cringey as hell since episode 1 except Tsundere Ai, tsunderes are justified, tsundere Ai speech were cute as hell

ichii_1 said:
Ika is a jobber, so much for all her hype.
The ai's won for their master and gave the wins for his birthday present :'(
Ayumu put up a good fight against he meijin but loses.

Well she did underestimate her opponent before she got serious and deliberately goes on a wild play style just to scare and disrespect Ai but I agree that lose was still BS how could someone so advanced that even Ginko is outclassed by her lose to Ai who's while talented still inexperienced
LairucremMar 5, 2018 8:47 PM
Mar 5, 2018 9:45 PM
Sep 2010
The game between Ai vs Ika is based on the game between Inaba vs Oishi played on July 4, 2012. Here is the link to the position when Yaichi and Ginko commented first using a big board.
https://shogidb2.com/games/49de747b1cbfe041c110381e421f46c896b4edda#ln6l%2F3kg4%2F1p1sp2pp%2Fp1pn1G3%2F3Ng2P1%2FP2PPn3%2F1PSK1SP1P%2F3SG4%2FL%2Br3%2Bb2L%20b%201R1B5P%2097

And here is the position when Yaichi and Ginko commented second time and Yaichi said if Ika takes the Dragon(promoted Rook), she will win.
https://shogidb2.com/games/49de747b1cbfe041c110381e421f46c896b4edda#l7l%2F2k6%2F1pgs3pp%2Fp1png4%2F1N2%2BR2P1%2FP2PP4%2F1PSK2P1P%2F3SS4%2FL%2Br3%2Bb2L%20w%201B1G1N5P1g1n1p%20112

In actual game, both players wrongly thought the Knight drop on 8e was a mate threat. That's why Oishi dropped a defensive Knight on 6a as Ika did in the show, but it turned out to be a fatal mistake after the game was over. That's what actually happened around this game.
Mar 6, 2018 2:11 AM

Oct 2008
lel kek Sainokami Ika played naked with Yaichi!
and while Ginko is sadistically stepping Yaichi, Ai also went yandere to him lolz!
Sainokami Ika lost against Ai!? how could that be? I thought Ika is stronger than Ginko?!?!? Ai could not even win not even once to Ginko!? What sorcery is this!?
at least Keika also won! and is Yaichi's 17th bday huh...
4/5.

Mar 6, 2018 2:51 AM

May 2009
2Dculture said:
Hang on.. is Ai now a title holder? since Ika who is imperial throne has lost? Or it must be a title match for the title to change hands?

And did that female commentator sabotaged Yaichi by pushing him towards the girls? She's one cunning person..

It must be a match for the title. Otherwise, Yaichi would have lost the Ryuuou's title for a while.
For once, that was not an action to sabotage him. More like "go thanks your disciples". (Or maybe she plan to distort what happened. x) )
DjidjiMar 6, 2018 2:55 AM
Mar 6, 2018 7:42 AM
Jan 2016
Finally great episode again
Mar 6, 2018 8:34 AM

Jun 2017
So the match against the meijin will not be the final episode?
Mar 6, 2018 9:10 AM

Sep 2017
Well, looks like Yaichi is shaping up to be quite the harem hero. We have the lolis, the sister(Ginko), Keika, his perverted male opponent, and Ika, his ex gf. Good that Ai taught her a lesson. But I LOL'd at the flashback where Ika stripped in front of Yaichi. Now a bigger question arises, did Yaichi play with her that night?(Pun totally intended)

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Mar 6, 2018 10:36 AM

Aug 2008
Of course not, he's a typical wimpy anime MC, he was castrated at birth to never show any balls.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Mar 6, 2018 1:38 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Lots of delicious salt in here.

Ika really shot up the best girl list for me. I really dig those psychos. I'm not surprised she lost to Ai after how they told us how "evil" she is. Seems a little unrealistic considering Ika basically beat Ginko, and Ginko beat Ai. But this shows Ai is growing.

So happy Keika won. I'm cheering for her as hard as I can.

Yaichi's match is also looming, I'm sure that will be the finale.

Can't believe he turned down Ika though, the bastard.
Mar 6, 2018 5:46 PM

Feb 2014
Glad that trashy psycho lost. I hope that broke her, but since this is anime, she'll probably start stalking and obsessing over Ai now.
The live stream chat must have been even crazier when the two Ai's were giving speeches, AND during dat hug.
Mar 6, 2018 6:27 PM

Jan 2012
Episode was pretty good but disappointing match between Ai and Ika. Shark-tooth was built up as on of if not the strongest female player in the show but Ai straight up beat her barely breaking a sweat. This also mean's she just overcame Ginko as well in strength so she immediately rushes up the ladder as one of the strongest players in the show. Fun to see the main characters getting stronger but when its too rushed you lose out.
Mar 6, 2018 6:41 PM

Oct 2010
oh man that ika girl 10/10 tickles all my fetishes

Mar 6, 2018 8:36 PM

Nov 2009
so this is why MC's semi-resistant to Female advances (even super cute girls) coming at him. As seen that MC doesn't really give much of a thought about having Girlfriends or even Marriage since episode 1... He pretty much stays at a neutral stance on those subjects.

The shark girl pretty much incorporated into him that naked girls are scary since she constantly breaks into his house naked and force him to have matches with her... So MC doesn't really think about Females as romance targets.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Mar 7, 2018 6:14 AM

Nov 2009
Pretty much the whole episode was endless close-ups on reactions...
Mar 7, 2018 9:59 AM

Dec 2013
I think the hate Ika gets sh*t on with is kind of undeserved. Like she is a shitty antagonist and stuff. Such anime like Ryuuou, Saki... where they play against others some opponents seem kind of high and mighty and get fast declared as jerks. Yea Ika definitely has a shitty personality and thought a bit to much of herself but I'm pretty sure after losing now she will learn to be a better person that doesn't destroy others for her own fun and we will get a new funny character that will make Ginko-sama rage because Ika gets to close to Ryuuou.

I just wanted to say this bcs I always believe in the good parts of waifus! Also amazing episode, had a lot of laughter and this ending scene with Yaichi crying was beautiful.

I really hope for a continuation of this series even if people say no bus there are to many lolis or the characters are boring the only thing I say to them is: I accept ur opinion but I won't share it so let me enjoy what I enjoy and wish me luck with getting my wish fulfilled :D
Mar 7, 2018 6:13 PM

Jul 2015
Seeing the electric girl lose made me happy, not because shes a jerk or villain character or anything like that. I just thought she was just an overall bad character, shes too extreme and blatantly evil, and on top of that, she just kind of showed up out of nowhere and just didn't sit well with me.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Mar 7, 2018 11:55 PM

Dec 2009
Fantastic episode, loved how Ai completely dominated Ika at the end with that wonderful bluff. Super hyped for Yaichi's upcoming match.
Mar 8, 2018 5:48 AM

Nov 2011
Need more Sora in my life! Shes awesome. Super Beautiful too. And as always our MC is clueless lol. I like Tsundere Ai a lot more then 1st Ai. Shes funnier and cuter.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 9, 2018 12:34 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
If this episode taught me anything, it's that Ika is a really lame and annoying person.
Mar 9, 2018 10:39 AM
Jul 2015
This is the first I have heard Haruka Tomatsu providing a voice to a character that sounds really sinister.

Anyways, if I'm not mistaken, Ika is not the only shark-tooth girl in the show.

I think there is a red-hair or orange girl with shark teeth as well (forgot her name though)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2018

94 by basspig »»
Feb 27, 9:00 PM

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2018

112 by WELLERM »»
Dec 16, 2023 6:58 PM

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2018

68 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2018

104 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Ryuuou no Oshigoto! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2018

62 by WELLERM »»
Dec 16, 2023 6:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.