Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 3, 2018 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Chise with that toy teddy bear almost looks like a kid this episode.

Looks like they introduced Stella from the manga. Her reaction is what I had expected especially since she's trying to find her brother. I have to admit, Stella is a bit brash for a character.

Nice psychology this episode though with relation to the storytelling. I think Chise made a new friend this episode.
Feb 3, 2018 11:02 AM
Feb 2016
What about Chise, somehow, "disgusting" face at the end? Dunno why she did that, maybe was an embarrasing face, but it's weird...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2018 11:20 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Pretty good episode this week. We have Chise going out to thank Simon for the gifts until she comes across Stella, an older sister looking for her brother Ethan after Ashen Eye takes him away. Ashen Eye really is a nuisance but im glad Chise and the rest helped her getting her brother back.

Looking forward to the next episode.
Feb 3, 2018 11:36 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

Ashen eyes just loves to make trouble for others. Felt bad for the kids. That being said, Ashen Eyes does make his point, Words are powerful. Sometimes even the words you don't mean can affect others.

Pretty nice how Chise used the other animal jacket to find Elias and Ethan.

Looking forward to Stella bringing Chise sweets.
Feb 3, 2018 11:36 AM

Apr 2016
Old dude on the scene again doing bad stuff, i'm wondering if he has some deeper plan, or he is just bored lol.

Chise in bear form, and Elias in Chise form, noice.
Feb 3, 2018 11:50 AM

Jun 2015
It was nice of Chise to help out the girl to find her sister. She looks really cool as a bear. Ashen Eye sure does like to mess around with other people. He does make a point though when he said words are powerful.
Feb 3, 2018 12:22 PM

Nov 2016
Ashen really loves to play his games.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 3, 2018 12:38 PM

Jan 2015
LuckoBj said:
What about Chise, somehow, "disgusting" face at the end? Dunno why she did that, maybe was an embarrasing face, but it's weird...

Embarassment and dissapointment. Former because she is still not used to having friends and someone just flat out confirming that Chise is indeed someone's friend is new to her and unusual. Latter is that Stella will probably never visit their house or even see them again, kinda ruining the whole friendship thing

That's how I interpretated this scene and I am probably completely wrong
Feb 3, 2018 12:47 PM
Jun 2017
LuckoBj said:

I noticed Chise was looking to Elias (in her shadow) maybe out of confusion bc she thought she scared Stella and didnt expect her to be so friendly :-)
Feb 3, 2018 1:03 PM

Sep 2016
BlackstarFallen said:
It was nice of Chise to help out the girl to find her sister. She looks really cool as a bear. Ashen Eye sure does like to mess around with other people. He does make a point though when he said words are powerful.
nice eps this week omga stella is soo damn adorable my daughterr <3<3 i would love to see her back again in a future eps was a nice character.
Facta Non Verba
Feb 3, 2018 1:12 PM

Feb 2016
That was a nice episode, seeing Chise as a Bear lol, a very cute bear indeed.
Elias trying to empathize with humans, little by little he is learning more hehehe
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Feb 3, 2018 1:49 PM

Dec 2012
Nice episode.

Chise received some interesting Christmas gifts.

Nice of Chise to help Stella. Ashen Eye likes to mess with people.

Great that Stella & Ethan were able to reunite.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Feb 3, 2018 2:04 PM

Mar 2011
Remember kids, be careful with what you say out loud, otherwise a Kotomine Kirei with 3 eyes will come and take your brother away from you
Feb 3, 2018 2:23 PM

Sep 2012
*Insert a Re Zero meme*

Well the ep was kinda boring tbh.
Feb 3, 2018 2:31 PM

Apr 2012
sadl1fe said:
LuckoBj said:
Embarassment and dissapointment. Former because she is still not used to having friends and someone just flat out confirming that Chise is indeed someone's friend is new to her and unusual. Latter is that Stella will probably never visit their house or even see them again, kinda ruining the whole friendship thing
That's how I interpretated this scene and I am probably completely wrong
Imho it's because she has a perfect family portrait in front of her and she can't help but feel her own past suffering, jealousy, and general loneliness.
Feb 3, 2018 3:06 PM

Jun 2014
Ashen Eye is such a troll lol. Well this little ordeal he put them through finished quicker than expected, for some reason I thought this was going to go into next episode. At least all is well now.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 3, 2018 5:51 PM

Apr 2013

Kawai

Chise Blushing

Full ver

Short ver

p2 short

p2 long

Just the blush

Still watching... i don't know if i'll add more

Why did she turn into a bear? Wasn't that fur skin exclusively fox transformation.
duderusFeb 3, 2018 6:20 PM

Feb 3, 2018 6:06 PM

Dec 2016
Best episode in a while imo

Also I don't know if anyone else noticed this but why in this do they say "monster" in english, but in every other anime I've ever seen they say "bakemono?" Is there a reason for that or just choice in the writing?
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Feb 3, 2018 7:05 PM

Jan 2014
we didn't get a majestic animation this time, but I think Chise transformation are quite beautiful.
that jacket are sure convenient. so she can transform into any form of beast, I thought it can only changed to fox. I want that too.
Feb 3, 2018 7:14 PM

Sep 2011
Tamtsumaki said:
Remember kids, be careful with what you say out loud, otherwise a Kotomine Kirei with 3 eyes will come and take your brother away from you

I haven't noticed it till you pointed it out. How could I have not noticed it when Nakata Jouji has such a unique and deep voice, specially considering that it's quite rare to have voice actors with a voice as deep as his on anime nowadays.
Feb 3, 2018 7:50 PM

May 2015
Now THIS was a great episode. Some tension, some compensating with magical creatures, some Elias-human interaction, silver-hair Chise (good one Elias), Chise using the fur she got from Ashen Eyes in a previous episode to help her, and a simple-yet-touching story of family bonds. How sweet. Good timing on the short comical moments too. The crystal flowers on the bear weren't just mere decoration either. And Ashen Eye speaking about words and how powerful they can be is the icing on the cake. One of the best episodes in a while.
Feb 3, 2018 8:12 PM

Dec 2015
Solid episode that indirectly developed Chise and Elias' relationship and their individual character arcs. The humor in its episode was also pretty great.

Chise can now turn into various animals with that cape? That's also pretty awesome!

Anyways, this series is back to being an 8/10 for me as the pacing is right back on track. I hope the rest of the show delivers!
"Anime is trash and so am I."
Feb 3, 2018 10:36 PM

Dec 2016
Seems like the Second season will be a longer wait. Because by the time this anime finished aired it will be catch up to the manga...
Feb 4, 2018 1:28 AM

Nov 2013
Interesting purpose of that teddy bear. Besides making Chise look cute of course.

You should be careful what you say. If I remember correctly, people in the old times were careful with what they said, because you didn't know if someone or something was listening. Words are powerful indeed.

And I also like the part with the exchange. Stella has to give something, that they deem to be worthy, to Elias and Chise and Chise has to give the neighbours these flowers in exchange for their help. How she let this thing drink her blood was sick though.

I didn't expect Chise to turn into a bear.

All's well that ends well. It's good, that Ashen Eye took the last flower in exchange for the lost fate.

In the next episode, Carthaphilus will appear again it seems.
TheBigGuyFeb 4, 2018 1:37 AM
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Feb 4, 2018 3:27 AM

Jul 2009
Chise turning into a bear was so cool! She is getting better to deal with magic.
Feb 4, 2018 4:06 AM

Jun 2016
Nothing happened again. Why did Chise decide to turn into a bear? We don't have bears in England.

Feb 4, 2018 4:53 AM

Sep 2017
Hmm this show is strange, it's doing all kinds of stuff. How did Chise turn into bear wasnt it a fox last time.? Elias is cool, my favorite character. When he took ahold of Chise that was prettt cool.
Feb 4, 2018 6:04 AM

Jul 2014
A pretty decent episode this week on multiple fronts, but why was Chise able to turn into a bear this time? For one, there aren't any bears here in England and there haven't been any for hundreds of years. Also, that skin Ashen-Eye gave her turned her into a fox, not a bear, so this is clearly just cheating.
Feb 4, 2018 6:07 AM

Apr 2016
agilityredfox said:
Nothing happened again. Why did Chise decide to turn into a bear? We don't have bears in England.

You also don't have magic in England and yet there it is.
Feb 4, 2018 6:37 AM

Apr 2013

Judging from what we know previously, Chise being able to transform into a bear does seem kinda weird and out of nowhere, since Elias already stated the hide is in the shape of a fox. The animation where Chise transform back is kinda cool though.

In terms of character development and interaction, this episode nails it again. I am really enjoying this show.
Lord_OdousFeb 4, 2018 6:40 AM

Feb 4, 2018 9:18 AM

Jul 2012
Chise and Stella becoming friends, she was confused and embarassed cause she doesn't really know how to react. Waiting for your candies Stella.
For people asking why Chise turned into bear, well in short and as obvious as it sounds it was from her own will to find them so she took the more convenient for her form. There's more in manga about the pelt and transformation (if i remember correctly).
Feb 4, 2018 9:41 AM

Nov 2011
Maybe it's a bit too easy, but not unthinkable the friendship between Chise is the girl met in this episode, except for this little detail, the rest of the episode is interesting and the new structure that has taken the relationship between Chise and Elias is very intriguing for the consequences that will have in history in the next episodes. Some moments were very nice. I did not think that Chise would use the fur given to her by the guy with three eyes after so little time.
Feb 4, 2018 9:46 AM
Nov 2016
So, we got a Christmas story about a brother and a sister. Stella and Ethan seem to have a good relationship after all that.

What's the deal with this Ashen eye dude? Is he evil, or not?
Feb 4, 2018 10:00 AM
Aug 2017
Beautiful episode. I really love this anime.
It's my favorite Anime. This episode continues to show me the great level of this anime.
The resolution was interesting. I did not expect that.
Feb 4, 2018 10:45 AM

Jan 2014
Chise's face when she found out he was messing with them lmao. I mean the fact you've met him before, doesn't take the brother on the spot, then gives you a hint should have rang a bell - but I guess not.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Feb 4, 2018 10:50 AM
Jul 2018
Add one more person giving Chise Christmas gifts to the list for next year... People really like Chise and enjoy giving her gifts.

I think Ashen Eye is probably my favourite character. Seems to have been alive for so long that he just wants something fun to do.
Feb 4, 2018 11:36 AM

Feb 2014
Ashen Eye is one complete troll, toying with Chise, Stella and the others like that, but I do agree with him that words are powerful depending on how they're used and who uses them.

When Chise figured that Ashen was trolling, she looked really annoyed, but at the same time, really cute too. =3

Either way, they succeeded in reuniting Stella with her brother Ethan in the end, so I do hope that they appear again in the future, since other secondary characters have made a re-appearance somewhere down the line. =)
Feb 4, 2018 12:12 PM

Mar 2012
So the sister broke her bond with her brother but why were her parent's bond with him broken as well?
Feb 4, 2018 12:38 PM

Oct 2013
A nice classic fairy tale vibe this week, not that every episode doesn't have a bit of fairy tale vibe, but this reminds me of something out of the Grimm brothers.
Feb 4, 2018 1:17 PM

May 2010
For a long time I was really disliking this series, but the last 2 eps have been quite good. Chise is finally starting to get kind of cool.
Feb 4, 2018 3:33 PM

Jun 2017
Yeah, this was presented way better than in the manga.

Lord_Odous said:

Judging from what we know previously, Chise being able to transform into a bear does seem kinda weird and out of nowhere, since Elias already stated the hide is in the shape of a fox. The animation where Chise transform back is kinda cool though.

In terms of character development and interaction, this episode nails it again. I am really enjoying this show.

It's not out of nowhere imo, Elias did say the pelt answers wishes so Chise can basically turn into any animal with it.
Feb 4, 2018 6:27 PM

Jun 2017
I don't know about you guys, but every time I hear that outro it makes me wanna cry...
I really hope that doesn't mean we will be getting a sad ending, because I just want one nice anime to not have an ending that makes me cry, lol.
Feb 5, 2018 5:34 AM
Jul 2016
LuckoBj said:
What about Chise, somehow "disgusting" face at the end? Dunno why she did that, maybe was an embarrasing face, but it's weird...

This is the first time someone (outside of the magic world) has interacted with her and straight-out called her a friend. Of course the socially awkward Chise would feel embarrassed when a cheerful outgoing person like Stella expresses her feelings like that.

As for her "disgusted" face, she was probably reminded of her own family situation when she saw Stella's and Ethan's touching reunion with their family. What's more, Chise still can't let go of her past, she still has a suicidal mindset, so she probably feels subconciously guilty that she made a friend.
Feb 5, 2018 8:10 AM

Aug 2015
Chise owned by Elias was beautiful!! Looking forward to the next episode.
Feb 5, 2018 10:52 PM

Oct 2008
If I have to guess, Stella's VA is Morohoshi Sumire?
Ashen Eye is messing with humans feelings and bonds...
At least Chise has now a friend that is almost the same age as her!
4/5.
matias067Feb 26, 2018 9:30 PM

Feb 6, 2018 1:39 PM
Jul 2016
don't be sad bone daddy :'(
also i can't wait for next episode, it was so weirdly intimate in the manga
Feb 6, 2018 2:28 PM

Nov 2008
gotta say this was a pretty good episode and I feel like this episode had a lesson to teach us, that we should be careful what we say to others especially those we care about.

Looking forward to the next episode.

Feb 6, 2018 4:06 PM

Oct 2015
That Chise form by Elias was awesome and the bear form was alright. I think this ep was alright, not the best but alright.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Feb 7, 2018 2:51 PM

May 2015
I want an arc focusing on old gods. They are more interesting than elias and chise. ;)
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 8, 2018 9:55 AM

Oct 2017
agilityredfox said:

What you mean to say is "we don't have bears in England anymore".

Most European megafauna lived or has lived in the British Isles at some point in time, before going extinct either due to natural reasons or human activity. Brown bears became extinct in the UK between the 10th and the 11th century. I'm guessing humans had something to do with it; they usually do.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Mills - Jul 26, 2017

375 by yelansh »»
Mar 30, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2018

266 by NotBonBon »»
Mar 24, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

UrbanJahts - Jul 26, 2017

247 by hales_comet »»
Feb 21, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2017

189 by satyamkumar4005 »»
Jan 12, 9:00 AM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

119 by Thaliel »»
Dec 18, 2023 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.