Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Laid-Back Camp
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 1, 2018 6:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The morning scenery is so beautiful in this show. Very serene-like and has a feeling of realism.

Delicious meal Rin cooked up too. Very suitable for weather like that!
The city at night is also quite a sight tbh. I love it.

Feb 1, 2018 7:00 AM

Apr 2010
Seems today's camping trip was really nice with the girls still in the hot spring but making their way to camp eventually.
It seems they had a lot of fun with everything that they where doing.
Feb 1, 2018 7:53 AM

Dec 2014
Rin's face when she got to the closed onsen..felt so bad for her but was funny too lol.
This was definitely the best episode so far. It's too bad Rin wasn't with them, but having both a solo camping experience pov and one with three people felt more complete.
Feb 1, 2018 8:18 AM

Apr 2016
Onsen episode with little bit of fanservice.

Cant wait to see the whole gang camping together.
Feb 1, 2018 8:20 AM

Jan 2015
I’m speechless

This episode was so good, like really really good
I fell in love with the OST
Feb 1, 2018 8:30 AM
Sep 2013
Rin x Nadeshiko best friendship of the year? Both going out in the night just to take picture for each other is really sweet for me.

Damn it Rin 150km for her first attempt after getting the license. That's insane
Feb 1, 2018 8:34 AM

Jul 2012
That was so good!!! Such a warm and cozy feeling, and the music!!!
All the time they are eating something i want at least something too, sadly can't get the same special for the places food.
Rin's long journey on her moped and the closed onsen, poor Rin :( Now's the moped talking, reminded me of previous season Kino no tabi, would've been funny to hear Hermes's voice =/
Really mild fanservice, Nadeshiko, Aki and Inuko in the open onsen, the view must be so good!
And the ending when Rin and Nadeshiko shared the beatiful views!
Make sure to watch this time the ED, some additional scenes and also just for the music.
Feb 1, 2018 8:42 AM

Sep 2016
Why is this anime so perfect????? they done literally everything right
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Feb 1, 2018 8:42 AM

Apr 2016
I'd die of loneliness if I travel 150km alone xD
Loved the night scenery in this episode. Love this show!
Feb 1, 2018 8:56 AM

Jan 2012
Oh hell yeah hot springs! XD Holy fuck where was Aoi hiding such massive tits? XD Poor Rin wasn't as lucky, but she made the best of it and got to some by the end. Loved her bike making that "I'm beat." sound effect, too cute. And sharing pictures of the nighttime landscape with Nadeshiko? Too cute. :)
Feb 1, 2018 9:06 AM

Nov 2014
Every OST gives soothing feels to the heart.
The night scenery really shine my night.
Nadeshiko's idea to paste the memory pictures really a good idea. Now, their club is shineful with colors of memories.
Feb 1, 2018 9:06 AM

Jul 2014
This show soothes my heart.. I need more!
From the songs to the interactions, everything is handled so well.

Rin got the short of the stick there when the "onsen" was closed, I felt that, sometimes that happens to me.

Rin and Nadeshiko's friendship really hit the spot this episode, they went all the way just to have them see the great view they had and shared it with each another.

By far the best ep they had, I hope they all go camping soon.
Feb 1, 2018 9:19 AM

Jul 2017
I want to go to that onsen the outclub went to. The view looked great. As did the night shots Rin and Nadeshiko took for each other.

Cheaper and easier to do is the meal Rin makes. Although I won't be doing this:

That's gotta burn!
Feb 1, 2018 9:22 AM

Nov 2012

Apart but still in unison.
Feb 1, 2018 9:30 AM

May 2014
the OST of this anime is really soothing
Rin and Nadeshiko's friendship is really the best
Watching this really make me want to camp as well

I laugh a bit at the scene where Rin is reading a book about a UFO and then something appear in the sky
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 1, 2018 9:33 AM

Jun 2015
Hot springs in the winter does sound really good. Poor Rin couldn't catch a break. She and Nadeshiko sharing pictures of their view was nice. They look really pretty.
Feb 1, 2018 9:51 AM
Aug 2012
real life locations
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJyFbnYJt04
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgkmSPnyjz4

Fuefukigawa Fruits park Timelapse (Nadeshiko)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s17NJhsJxVQ
Mount Takabocchi Timelapse (Rin)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrLRx9WElfQ
abecyoFeb 24, 2018 2:06 AM
Feb 1, 2018 9:57 AM
Feb 2009
couldnt stop smiling throughout the episode
oblivious is a bliss
Feb 1, 2018 10:00 AM

Oct 2008
I would love to take the route the camping club took... that outdoor hot springs and fried onsen egg just looks amazing. The campgrounds too, looks like a perfect spot. Rin's route looks a bit too tough personally lol.

This anime is really making camping look like a good idea and I'm by far the most indoors person ever...

I'm really glad C-station got this show which is getting praised to the skies and becoming one of the most popular this season... it balances out for them as the other show they have this season is the exact opposite >_>
Feb 1, 2018 10:41 AM

Oct 2010
I think this was the worst episode so far. Particularly for a reason that is probably a nitpick but it kind of bothered me. In a series that seemed to enjoy animating little moments like cooking, setting the tent and etc. I think this episode abused sequences of still shots. Other than that, there wasn't that much memorable comedy, though when it tried it delivered.

Anyway this series is amazing. Because this episode is still wonderful and I'm talking about the lowest so far. It is by far the most consistent show of the season, and indeed, it does everything right. What can I say about an episode that starts with onsen action and never gives the vibe that it is there for fanservice and pandering? The characters feel, react, act and speak natural. At this point this is more than established and it feels redundant to bring it up again, but the writing is honestly superb. Not only for comedy but for regular interactions and feelings.

And what about the aesthetics. What about the music and the scenery. What about that goddamn final sequence.

I'm glad that there are quite a bunch of shows that I'm enjoying a lot and have high hopes for in this season, but Yuru Camp has reached a completely different level to me. Five episodes in, it is a certified AOTS at this point.
Feb 1, 2018 11:10 AM

Aug 2015
It's sad that I thought the deep fried egg was weird even though disgusting shit like deep fried donuts, deep fried coca-cola, deep fried sugar, deep fried butter, deep fried cheeseburgers, and deep fried oreos doesn't even phase me anymore (America eh?). Not that I've ever eaten any of that, I'm pretty sure I'd die if I tried.
Feb 1, 2018 11:14 AM

Dec 2014
The final few moments were absolutely magical, stunning just stunning. I have nothing more to say.
Feb 1, 2018 11:16 AM

Oct 2014
This episode is a masterpiece.
Feb 1, 2018 11:50 AM

Feb 2014
Alongside 3-Gatsu no Lion, Yuru Camp is now my AOTS. I'm confident in saying this before we hit the halfway point of the series, but this show just exceeds my expectations with its soothing soundtrack, enjoyable characters and scenery that nudges the point of perfection! X3

Even the mild fanservice we saw at the hot springs felt very natural and fitting too, and that's not an easy thing for most shows to do anyway. Sure, there were a few stills, but each of them had the characters brimming with happiness and excitement that made me smile like an idiot, yet again. =P

As for Rin, she only got her license and she made a 150km trip to her chosen campsite. That's ballsy of her. It took me around 8 months to have enough confidence in doing a 100km solo round trip in my first car a few years back and I was pretty nervous about it too. X_X

Rin & Nadeshiko's friendship must've increased majorly, as they shared their respective night time scenery of their locations. It gives me a massive urge to go out and visit locations of natural beauty around where I live and relish what the countryside has to offer.

10/10 for this episode and the little voice that the moped said "I'm beat!" sounded adorable. =3

AvidAnimeViewer said:
It's sad that I thought the deep fried egg was weird even though disgusting shit like deep fried donuts, deep fried coca-cola, deep fried sugar, deep fried butter, deep fried cheeseburgers, and deep fried oreos doesn't even phase me anymore (America eh?). Not that I've ever eaten any of that, I'm pretty sure I'd die if I tried.

Scotland can rival that with a deep fried chocolate Mars Bar, also containing nougat and caramel. I've never tried it, but I definitely struggle to eat it though if I tried.
Feb 1, 2018 11:53 AM

Aug 2013
I can't stop grinning. Probably the best iyashikei since Non Non Biyori Repeat.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Feb 1, 2018 11:56 AM

Aug 2015
Meta_Yoshi said:

AvidAnimeViewer said:

Scotland can rival that with a deep fried chocolate Mars Bar, also containing nougat and caramel. I've never tried it, but I definitely struggle to eat it though if I tried.
We have those too. I'm pretty sure county fairs alone can account for 25% of the obesity in the U.S.
Feb 1, 2018 12:21 PM

Mar 2014
damn so sad that the small production doesn't have enough budgets for the dark horse of this season and as a result there are plenty of still shots.
Feb 1, 2018 12:21 PM

Nov 2016
Moped: I'm beat xD

Nice episode with some gorgeous visuals.

So sorry for Rin that she couldn't visit the hot spring after her long trip.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 1, 2018 12:38 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Wow, the night view paired with the music and both of the two being astounded made me teary-eyed. That was so amazing.

Feb 1, 2018 12:40 PM
Mar 2016
again
OST is seriously good

look like next episode Rin will camp together with another?
Feb 1, 2018 12:40 PM
Dec 2017
Swagernator said:

Little bit? There was some 19U rack on display.

BTW, it's a small miracle the moto-scooter didn't quit under Shimarin, since Japan has little flat terrain and climbs are too much for 50ccm. Wasn't there a Yowapedal episode where a road racer squarely beat a scooter rider?
Tacsk0Feb 1, 2018 12:43 PM
Feb 1, 2018 12:51 PM
Dec 2017
jal90 said:
I think this episode abused sequences of still shots.

Production is likely hit by the "Double ABBA" curse:

- Money, money, money
- Gimme a man after midnight
(Overall shortage of animation crews is a problem for the anime industry, so for the "underdog" series we can expect botched episodes with stick men figures or a "6.5" recap to win time if we are lucky)
Feb 1, 2018 12:57 PM

Nov 2007
Lol, the moment they started talking about Swedish Torch I immediately thought of Canadian Candle and they mentioned it! This anime knows its stuff! I am surprised these high school girls are so knowledgeable when it comes to camping! It's a real treat for campers like me!

This was absolutely ridiculous as I got a text message from a friend for a backcountry camping plan in June this year immediately after I completed episodes 1-4 a couple of hour back! And was texting back and forth regarding the plan and this episode 5 popped up in my rss feed. And then I see this episode. :P

That aside, such an outstanding episode. The last part was absolutely amazing!

5/5
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 1, 2018 1:06 PM

Oct 2010
Tacsk0 said:
jal90 said:
I think this episode abused sequences of still shots.

Production is likely hit by the "Double ABBA" curse:

- Money, money, money
- Gimme a man after midnight
(Overall shortage of animation crews is a problem for the anime industry, so for the "underdog" series we can expect botched episodes with stick men figures or a "6.5" recap to win time if we are lucky)

Heh, this is not close to be a serious problem at this point, so I hope it doesn't turn into one, but it was kind of a letdown for the episode to me.

Still I don't know if it's a matter of budget or merely stylistic, because the episode itself has some nicely animated sequences.
Feb 1, 2018 1:21 PM
Dec 2017
Hamudanu said:
look like next episode Rin will camp together with another?

Tomoko Shimarin is now gaining her own Reject Posse, it seems? I have doubts if she was genuinely happy with her solitary camping-reading lifestyle, felt a bit excuse-ish like Watamote ep10.
Feb 1, 2018 1:42 PM

Sep 2013
Still shots are fine when the show focuses on the backgrounds, go back to animation school.
Rin with bad luck but it' still a good trip with her and nadeshiko texting city shots :)
Feb 1, 2018 2:39 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
abecyo said:
real life locations
Yes. I was not near those camp grounds, but I was in and around Matsumoto some years ago (in late November) and the anime is not exaggerating the scenery. It is beautiful. And I got some awesome pictures of the castle at night under a full moon.
Feb 1, 2018 2:50 PM

Aug 2015
That was so good. Beautiful episode with great music and a bunch of delicious looking food. Yum.
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Feb 1, 2018 3:48 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Visiting the hot springs in winter huh it must be nice. Still it was funny seeing Rin use that as her motivator though. Funny how the eggs completely won them over there. For her first ever solo journey Rin really did well at riding so far. At least Rin managed to catch the view of the city though despite the hot springs setback. The contrast between the camps was interesting though but it was nice to see that both groups had fun. Rin and Nadeshiko exchanging photos of the town was pretty cute though. Like they were both there side by side.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 1, 2018 3:50 PM

Jun 2017
Tacsk0 said:
Swagernator said:

Little bit? There was some 19U rack on display.

BTW, it's a small miracle the moto-scooter didn't quit under Shimarin, since Japan has little flat terrain and climbs are too much for 50ccm. Wasn't there a Yowapedal episode where a road racer squarely beat a scooter rider?

I had the same thought, those scooters aren't really made for just casually going 150km with lol.
Feb 1, 2018 4:06 PM

May 2015
Meta_Yoshi said:
Alongside 3-Gatsu no Lion, Yuru Camp is now my AOTS. I'm confident in saying this before we hit the halfway point of the series, but this show just exceeds my expectations with its soothing soundtrack, enjoyable characters and scenery that nudges the point of perfection! X3

Even the mild fanservice we saw at the hot springs felt very natural and fitting too, and that's not an easy thing for most shows to do anyway. Sure, there were a few stills, but each of them had the characters brimming with happiness and excitement that made me smile like an idiot, yet again. =P

As for Rin, she only got her license and she made a 150km trip to her chosen campsite. That's ballsy of her. It took me around 8 months to have enough confidence in doing a 100km solo round trip in my first car a few years back and I was pretty nervous about it too. X_X

Rin & Nadeshiko's friendship must've increased majorly, as they shared their respective night time scenery of their locations. It gives me a massive urge to go out and visit locations of natural beauty around where I live and relish what the countryside has to offer.

10/10 for this episode and the little voice that the moped said "I'm beat!" sounded adorable. =3

AvidAnimeViewer said:

I had a deep fried Snickers at a local restaurant once. I swear that one bar felt like an entire meal. I mean, it tasted good, but it was also probably one of the only times I've felt guilty after eating food. Like "I shouldn't have eaten that. WHY did I eat that?"

Feb 1, 2018 4:09 PM

Dec 2017
150km is impressive for a moped.
Least degenerate visual novel enjoyer.

Feb 1, 2018 4:10 PM

May 2015
Those final moments were incredible.

Fantastic episode as usual.

Feb 1, 2018 4:30 PM

May 2015
Didn't think it was possible to grin for 20 some odd minutes straight, but this show does it to me every week
Feb 1, 2018 4:33 PM
Oct 2017
rin reads a book on ufology, I knew she was fishy in addition it may have been removed by the aliens during the night (an UFO was hanging around)
Feb 1, 2018 4:52 PM

Mar 2016
My Yuri senses are getting tickled, Yuru Camp turning into Yuri Camp...

either way both parties have a great time... still 150km travel by Rin???? 12 hours straight traveling?? WOW that was too much.
Feb 1, 2018 5:09 PM

Oct 2013
It was nice to see the contrast between the two camps. The trio in the campground and Rin up on the scenic overlook. The detailed recipes are nice. Who doesn't want to try both? Sad to say, it is far too snowy around here to have a decent winter camp. It's possible, of course, but one will have to dig to set up a tent. Nadeshiko's brief walk through the winter woods at night reminds me of my own evening hikes up here in the northeast.

Rin is hardcore riding her scooter that far in the cold with only the visor protecting her face. I can't wait for a bus around here without having a toque to cover my mouth and nose.
Feb 1, 2018 6:02 PM

Apr 2013

I got so many stitches and screenshots from this episode O.o

Feb 1, 2018 6:34 PM

Oct 2012
Can this even get any better? Aah, such a heartwarming and nostalgic episode with lots of vistas and marvellous sceneries!

Pretty much loved the ED that concluded their trip so well. Really falling in love with this series and its characters..
Anyone knows what dialect they are using actually? Not a kansai ben, right?
Feb 1, 2018 6:56 PM
Nov 2017
It is an event whenever Yuru Camp is ready to be watched. I didn't know ol' girl was that stacked, but fan-service aside, another great episode. The food looked really good, the locations were beautiful, and the way some of the shots were made were incredible. Especially the one at the end where they were side by side.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2018

288 by FranqitoH »»
Apr 12, 5:10 PM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2018

133 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 11, 5:55 AM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2018

116 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 11, 5:30 AM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2018

107 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 10, 3:29 PM

Poll: » Yuru Camp△ Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2018

106 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 9, 8:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.