Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 19, 2018 1:52 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Really great to see the Ten Commandments making their move. Tbh, I think Zeldris' voice has a sinister tone to it even though he sounds very similar to Meliodas.

Really glad to see Jericho back again. Hell, it's even refreshing to see the fairies and the Forest this season. Ban's return really changed the mood while King made it feel awkward.

More of another buildup episode but the trouble is coming. Gowther can also be quite scary...
Stark700Jan 19, 2018 1:55 PM
Jan 19, 2018 3:15 PM

Nov 2007
The enemies started to move. As expected, KajiKaji used darker voice for his second character.

Oh, where they went is where that guy put the seed (mentioned in OVA) and he has became the king instead (or rather, everyone is thankful for him that calling him so themselves because they are mad at the betrayer).

The threesome decided for a trip after a study about the doubt they mentioned last ep.

The princess wanting to go on the trip together, but main guy doesn't want her to go (knows what's going on and who the enemies are). Titan girl encouraging her to confess to him, because of her regret from remembering everything and that she loves FukuJun's character.

HiroC's character's voice "appeared" as a soul in the skull.

That guy w. no emotion changed the memory between sister and brother, just to learn about emotion.

ED is nice.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 20, 2018 2:15 AM
Oct 2015
I'm glad that the ten commandment's VA's suit their respective characters and also looks like Gowther is going berserk... just to understand the human's emotions and such.
Heckle was here...
Jan 20, 2018 5:23 AM

Oct 2017
Great episode! I finally get to hear the voices of the Ten Commandments. Looking forward to Gowther vs. Diane.

Didn’t really like the Helbram/King reunion or the three misfits finding out the truth about Dreyfus. Those things were just glossed over.
Jan 20, 2018 5:35 AM

Dec 2013
All hail the new fairy King!

I don’t care too much for the ships in this episode but it’s still nice to see some actual progression.

The stuff involving Gowther felt a little rushed but that cliffhanger has me excited for next week.

This reaction was hilarious.
Jan 20, 2018 6:46 AM
Jan 2018
coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool episode . oh gowther you smart I love gowther and all sins sooooo much
Jan 20, 2018 7:33 AM

Nov 2014
Is it just me, or did too much happen in this episode?

Ban is deemed the new fairy king for in the past he planted a seed given to him by Elaine that restored their forest. King is seen as a traitor for leaving them. Ban's feelings for Elaine, who's in a coma-like state, are still strong.

Gilthunder, Griamore, and Howzer go to investigate what hurt Elizabeth, Howzer, and Don Luer. Griamore wants to do this to "clear up his father's regret." The heavy exposition and all the names were difficult to follow. It likely didn't help that I don't remember the previous seasons that well, and haven't read the manga.

Elizabeth confessed her love for Meliodas to Diane, and Diane confessed her feelings for King to Elizabeth. Elizabeth chooses to keep her feelings to herself because she believes that Melidoas still has feelings for Liz, an old lover. Back in the fairy forest, Ban spills the beans to King on Diane's feelings for him.

The earthquake was a sign that the seal on the Demon Clan will be broken, something-something Ten Commandments, a big fight is going to start.

In a dickishly selfish move, Gowther erases Guila's brother from her memory so that he can get closer to her. This drama will effectively cock-block King's confession to Diane for probably another 4 or 5 episodes—if it happens at all.

Meh.

That one girl who was stalking Ban was funny, though.
Jan 20, 2018 8:42 AM

Sep 2014
The adaptation is wacky so far but guess they'll need a couple of episodes in order to get out of the mess that season 1 created. Either way, some elements felt pretty rushed compared to the manga and the shock value wasn't emphasized upon. I just hope that they won't rush it to the point where they start deleting canon elements like in season 1. In fact they already deleted a few scenes in this episode...
Jan 20, 2018 8:46 AM

Feb 2016
OP honestly sucks

aikaflip said:
Is it just me, or did too much happen in this episode?

I agree, not only that, I felt so lost with that Gowther's Act, I honestly don't know what the fuck is going on anymore, everything felt just too sudden

dicecop said:
The adaptation is wacky so far but guess they'll need a couple of episodes in order to get out of the mess that season 1 created. Either way, some elements felt pretty rushed compared to the manga and the shock value wasn't emphasized upon. I just hope that they won't rush it to the point where they start deleting canon elements like in season 1. In fact they already deleted a few scenes in this episode...

So that's what happening, no wonder why I feel so lost when I watched this episode... Blame on A-1 then... what a surprise

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
ShockedJan 20, 2018 3:05 PM
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jan 20, 2018 9:35 AM
Jan 2018
Anyone know how many manga chapters will they cover through the whole season 2? I mean will they finish the arc?
Jan 20, 2018 9:43 AM

Jun 2014
As I noticed with the first episode after going back to check the manga, it looks like they're rearranging the order of events. For instance, in the manga, the scene with Jericho showing up happened before the scene where the king was awarding and honoring the Sins (from episode 1). So @HereticHunter @aikaflip, that could be why you felt like too much was going on. They're taking bits and pieces from multiple chapters and cramming it together in one episode, rather than doing a 1:1 adaptation that goes in order.

With that said, we got more progression with Ban and King (and now Jericho) going to the Fairy Forest, and the 10C's were formally introduced. Can't wait to see them in action soon. Gowther's doing some shady shit by erasing Guila's memories, and I can't wait to see the fight between him and Diane that's about to go down.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 20, 2018 10:16 AM

Feb 2013
Diane regained her memories, that's awesome!
They need to stop Gowther fast.
Jan 20, 2018 10:52 AM

Apr 2014
Is it me. Or is things moving faster than it has too? The changes done here and there. It feels like things are going too fast.
Jan 20, 2018 11:47 AM
May 2015
Wtf is this trash. Show the 10 commandments already. IDGAF about the shitty romance
Jan 20, 2018 11:51 AM

Mar 2011
Great episode! Gowther vs Diane is going to be very interesting. I can't wait!
Jan 20, 2018 12:01 PM

Jul 2014
Right, I'm entirely on board with this stuff about the Ten Commandments and Ban's mission, but this plot thread involving Gowther seems to have come completely out of nowhere, without any foreshadowing, and felt completely tacked on to this episode. I'm interested in the fight, for sure, but I don't feel like its inclusion helps the story at all, and instead distracts it when included here.

Also, it felt like Ban, Jericho and King got to the Fairy Forest way, way too quickly, but whatever.
Jan 20, 2018 12:49 PM

Feb 2015
Not really sure on this whole Gowther storyline. Im not sure what its meant to achieve.
Jan 20, 2018 1:16 PM

Jan 2016
The Ten Commandments look really interesting, I look forward to see more of them :P

And finally Diane remembered her time with King ^^
THANKS SENPIEX
Jan 20, 2018 1:30 PM

Jan 2018
At last, the ten commandments made their move. It's getting more exciting x
Jan 20, 2018 2:09 PM

Jan 2017
Oh. I'm loving this

But it seems as though theyre beating around the bush with this random gowther stuff, even if I haven't read the manga... It was uncalled for
Jan 20, 2018 2:24 PM

Sep 2014
HereticHunter said:
dicecop said:

So that's what happening, no wonder why I feel so lost when I watched this episode... Blame on A-1 then... what a surprise

If you feel lost I'll recommend reading chapters 100-108 and maybe 109 as well. You can do it after episode 3 if you want 0 spoilers
Jan 20, 2018 2:34 PM

Jan 2013
That bitch Gowther is getting into my nerves
Jan 20, 2018 2:44 PM

Sep 2011
tambi33 said:
Oh. I'm loving this

But it seems as though theyre beating around the bush with this random gowther stuff, even if I haven't read the manga... It was uncalled for
It's in the manga, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 20, 2018 2:52 PM

Jan 2017
Tyrel said:
tambi33 said:
Oh. I'm loving this

I included that I hadn't read the manga because I wasn't sure if it was in the manga or not
Jan 20, 2018 3:02 PM

Jul 2013
The episode was rushed compared to the manga, but, well, it's not like if the first season wasn't rushed either, so that was expected. A lot of things happened (the Commandements making their first move, Ban, King and Jericho reaching to the Forest of the Fairies and discovering that Elaine's corpse is still here, Gilthunder & co leaving Liones, the stuff with Gowther at the end...), and I think A1 Pictures did that to reach faster to the "good stuff" instead of spending one of two episodes more with transition episodes, but, well.

I like the voices of the Commandements a lot so far (at least the ones who have talked this episode), I cannot wait to see more of their scenes, I didn't had enough this episode.

Poor King cannot catch a break, seriously. First he has to kill his best friend (three times no less, even though he has returned this episode, thing who I don't mind, since I like Helbram), then his sister died, then he left the 7DS just when Diane was about to confess her love to him, and now the other fairies hate him for leaving the forest... That poor dude needs a huge now.
Poor Jericho too, since her whole role in the series is being friendzoned by Ban. I admit I didn't liked her very much in the first season, but after the first arc I came to like her a lot for some reasons (who I'm not going to say to avoid spoilers). Looking forward for her next scenes too.

About people calling the stuff with Gowther pointless... Be patient and wait a bit more, if Gowther is having/creating some conflict, is because he may been more of what he seems to be...
Jan 20, 2018 3:17 PM

Sep 2011
tambi33 said:
Tyrel said:

I included that I hadn't read the manga because I wasn't sure if it was in the manga or not
Yeah, I know. What I was getting at is that it's the same shit in the manga. Not just random filler.
Jan 20, 2018 3:22 PM
May 2015
Atavistic said:
Right, I'm entirely on board with this stuff about the Ten Commandments and Ban's mission, but this plot thread involving Gowther seems to have come completely out of nowhere, without any foreshadowing, and felt completely tacked on to this episode. I'm interested in the fight, for sure, but I don't feel like its inclusion helps the story at all, and instead distracts it when included here.

Also, it felt like Ban, Jericho and King got to the Fairy Forest way, way too quickly, but whatever.

I completely agree. I found it so uninteresting too... I feel like they're trying to finish this series with a specific fight/chapter in mind.
Jan 20, 2018 3:27 PM
Jul 2016
Atavistic said:
but this plot thread involving Gowther seems to have come completely out of nowhere, without any foreshadowing, and felt completely tacked on to this episode.

I was actually waiting for this plot thread to go somewhere. Gowther was acting VERY strange in the 4 episodes between Season 1 and Season 2 and it gave me an idea on what he was up to but I wasn't sure or how far he was going to take it since Gowther himself is still a bit of a mystery.
Jan 20, 2018 4:05 PM

Sep 2011
NoValueNobs said:
Atavistic said:

I completely agree. I found it so uninteresting too... I feel like they're trying to finish this series with a specific fight/chapter in mind.
With 24 episodes, yeah, they are. There's a specific place to end it too that will make people wanting more.
Jan 20, 2018 4:32 PM
Oct 2017
NoValueNobs said:
Wtf is this trash. Show the 10 commandments already. IDGAF about the shitty romance
If you are here only for them then better watch out cuz this series isn't going to be like Nakkama and FT thingy it is going to be unique kind story but romance is going to happen and it will blow out your mind
Jan 20, 2018 4:36 PM

Jan 2018
Finally Diane got her memories back so that’s wonderful.

The Ten Commandments Aka the demon king guards are on the move!!

Gowther trying to feel some emotions, welp hopefully we will see G vs D go off on each other and probs captain will be the one to stop them, who knows ^_^

Awesome episode!!!
Jan 20, 2018 5:58 PM

Mar 2014
Jeez ten commandents are on the MOVE!!!

Gowther going mad with feelings here, better watch out Diane!

Everybody better prepare their pitchfolks...

"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Jan 20, 2018 6:26 PM
Jul 2014
Crashmatt said:
Not really sure on this whole Gowther storyline. Im not sure what its meant to achieve.
You're in for a treat ;)
Jan 20, 2018 6:51 PM
Apr 2016
I don't quite remember season 1, but wasn't Elizabeth's tomboy sister dead or something?
Jan 21, 2018 2:00 AM

Dec 2014
ok gowther with feelings felt so unreal to me
Jan 21, 2018 5:03 AM

Jan 2017
Cheesy episode. And Gowther have gone too far this time.
Jan 21, 2018 5:38 AM
Jul 2017
waiting for the first fight with the TC is killing me
Jan 21, 2018 6:41 AM

Nov 2016
It's been a while since I've read that part in the manga and I don't remember much of it.

Looking forward to the encounter with Ten Commandants.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 21, 2018 6:44 AM

Aug 2017
The conversation between Diane and Elizabeth was nice but didn't feel that good.
Sudden change in gowther's character. waiting for the fight,hope it's good.
Jan 21, 2018 11:23 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

Ban for Fairy King. xD
It was pretty sad to see King getting ostracized by the fairies though.

Diane regained her memories? I did not expect that to happen.
I liked the conversation between Elizabeth and Diane regarding Love.

Nice that Ban mentioned that Diane regained her memories to King, I'm looking forward to see what the two's interactions are gonna look like now.

The ten Commandments as the name states, Merlin getting excited on hearing Meliodas mention them was awesome. I'm hyped to see what these 10 can do.

Gowther's taking things too far for wanting to learn about the feeling of love.
Jan 21, 2018 2:01 PM

Aug 2010
I don't read the manga but these two episodes feel rushed af, I'm not enjoying this as much as I enjoyed the first season.
sweetdropsJan 21, 2018 2:16 PM
Jan 21, 2018 2:15 PM
Mar 2016
Last Part of Opening is "PRAISE THE SUN MADAFAKA!"

wut? next episode Meliodas Sacred Treasure Already Appear???
that too rushed :|
so when we got Gowther Backstory?
NdanHMJan 21, 2018 2:19 PM
Jan 21, 2018 2:47 PM

Nov 2015
THIS EPISODE.
I couldn't believe I'm watching a second episode of an anime and it went like that with the ships , I'm impressed
Jan 21, 2018 3:33 PM

May 2015
Woah woah Gowther. WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 21, 2018 5:05 PM
Mar 2016
Now I finally see why Gowther is the sin of lust.. he lusts after human emotion to the point where he forces people to love him.

Before he was the only sin we've seen that I didn't understand why he was named that sin. With them all splitting up and fighting amongst themselves it's kind of obvious what's going to happen but I'm glad it's picked up right where it left off and no episodes to fluff up the story, just right back into the story with The Ten Commandments. Can't wait to see them in action, I have a feeling the fights are gonna be brutal with the way Meliodas reacted to them being released.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 2018 7:05 PM

May 2016
JJJ7 said:
I don't quite remember season 1, but wasn't Elizabeth's tomboy sister dead or something?

She got saved by Elizabeth's powers.
Jan 21, 2018 11:22 PM
Mar 2016
Monusha said:
JJJ7 said:

She got saved by Elizabeth's powers.

as i remember explosion only got Veronica's Leg
maybe her saved with Elizabeth's Power but her leg remain Injury
she walking with stick on last episode season 1
Jan 22, 2018 1:44 AM
Apr 2016
This is genius. The deadly sins are the heroes, and the saint values are the villains embodiment. That alone is a very interesting approach.
Re:formed
Jan 22, 2018 4:11 AM
Jun 2017
THE TEN COMMANDMENTS ARE MAKING THEIR MOVE!!! while on the other hand some members of 7 deadly sins are having some confrontation at each other because of LOVE (and memories)...

Jan 22, 2018 6:42 AM

Jun 2016
What the hell. A lot of things happened this episode, idk which is which anymore. Lmfao.

From Ban and King going to the Fairy King's Forest to Jericho going with them. Kyaaa. Jericho, I love you.

Jericho >>>>> Elaine

I ship Ban x Jericho so much. I hope Elaine will stay dead. Hahaha I sound so mean, but I just don't have the will and reason to like Elaine AT ALL. And seeing Ban trying to revive her pisses me off all the time. You have like the most adorable girl you can actually be with which is Jericho. Ugh. What's so interesting about Elaine like for real? Lmfao.

I feel really bad for King. Huhu. Poor baby.

What. So Griamoire's father is still alive? I'm so confused. I thought he was "pulverized" by that asshole in season 1? What's going on? Was he revived? What. What.

I think the best thing that happened this episode is my ship finally sailing. Kyaaaaa! Diane can finally remember her moments with King (SUDDENLY SHE REMEMBERS). Gaaaah I was screaming throughout that scene and I'm still screaming. Ducking duck duck! And Diane loves King. Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Someone hold me. Just thinking about it makes me want to faint. Diane and King finally have mutual feelings. I'm so fucking happy for my two fave characters in this show.

Hearing Kamiyan's voice in NnT again. Laaaaaaaaaawd! <3

We have Seven Deadly Sins and now we have The Ten Commandments. Damn.

What the fuck are you doing, Gowther!?!? It seems Ban and Gowther are gone in the head. Hahaha.

4/5. Should've been 5, but because of Ban and Gowther being assholes over STUPID LOVE (Haha), I decided to give it a 4/5 instead. :/

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2018

61 by Foressss »»
Mar 23, 8:07 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2018

69 by Butterball2305 »»
Mar 16, 11:21 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2018

65 by hidingfrom_BIBI »»
Feb 29, 9:28 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu Episode 24 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

46 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 6, 2:56 AM

» I love this season

removed-user - Oct 9, 2021

10 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 6, 2:51 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.