Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2018 2:34 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It seems like KajiKaji's character is already in dark mode.

The monster is temptimg self explosion and involving others, but KajiKaji's character letting him. Though the monster is weavering. The son of the guy who got controlled by the monster before tried to attempt not to explode.

The monster got rid off.

Oh, the huge green pig is the little pig's mother?

Sakamoto-san's character and Sugita-san's character talking.

After that, KajiKaji's character seems to back to normal. He thought Suzuki-san's character would say anything about his darkness.

So Sakamoto-san's character knows about his immortality and think his way of killing the monster was wrong.

Funeral. King wanting everyone to concentrate on sending them in peace and restoring kingdom instead of blaming the enemy.

KajiKaji's character eating alone and princess searching him.

KajiKaji's character struggling alone especially for the friendship, knowing what he did was brutal.

Sakamoto-san's character restored the castle by her magic. There's nothing to worry about between the friendship because Suzuki-san's character and his group cheered him up.

lol @ kiss of the one he loves returning to adult in nude.

There are still few enemies alive.

The girl who lost her brother obtained his power.

So that mysterous member is really a member of enemy?

OP as ED.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 8, 2018 2:37 AM

Nov 2011
I think the way they ended the season is interesting considering that we get to see a glimpse of the "true" Meliodas. It's just too bad the season had to end it on this episode because there's so much we don't know yet about his past. If this was a 3-cour, that problem would of been a lesser issue (but still wouldn't cover yet at this pacing).

There was definitely some pacing issues I had with the show (mostly the overdragged background story on Diane). Still a pretty decent season imo.

Glad they poured the budget into the most important episodes in particular 19-20. For some reason, I wasn't really too excited after seeing Estarossa vs Escanor...
Stark700Aug 8, 2018 3:06 AM
Aug 8, 2018 6:35 AM

May 2015
And Melascula is somehow alive. Estarossa too.

Jericho will be new Elsa! :D

8/10. Perfect show just to enjoy.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 8, 2018 10:11 AM

Dec 2015
For a while, I thought this season was gonna be better than the first. It had none of the BS from S1, but then the episodes started becoming more and more tedious, and the animation too became less and less consistent. Overall, this is the second time NnT disappoints me, and I'm sure as hell not coming back if there's ever a season 3. At least not as long as A-1 does the anime.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Aug 8, 2018 10:24 AM

Feb 2013
Fraudrin learned what love is but Meliodas didn't care about it.
Gowther is free again, I don't know if that's a good thing or not
Aug 9, 2018 8:52 PM

May 2012
Really lovely final episode of this season, but with this we pretty much need a third season and they better make it happen!

This season was totally amazing and really brought lots of character development into the whole franchise.

So well I sure am looking forwards to see what will happen in the near future but I sure hope the next season comes soon! All in all a great watch.
Aug 11, 2018 8:41 AM

Dec 2014
Honestly, Meliodas is as interesting as ever in this season, and I'm glad to see the badass that he can be.

With things taking off and fights spiraling out of control everywhere, we can see that Meliodas still has a quest for revenge. Even dying and becoming closer to what he once was. (How did he revert last time??)

A lot of the characters in the Sins didn't really impress me, like King, Diane or Growther. Hopefully we'll see more next season.

I'm definitely watching the next season!

I have small reviews for almost ALL anime I've seen. Unlike any regular MAL page you've seen.

Ever wondering what I've watched and what I think about it? Check my List out below!

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Iam_Jermaine
Aug 11, 2018 11:17 AM

Jan 2014
just finished today, I couldn't get enough Meliodas and Escanor. need more of badass fight of him.
Aug 14, 2018 1:06 AM

Dec 2014
well the ending was to look for…relly great series…can’t wait for the next season.. half the commandants are dead half to go…
Aug 15, 2018 7:19 AM

May 2009
FrozenRaider said:
Jericho will be new Elsa! :D

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
DeadlyRavenMar 5, 2019 4:13 PM
Aug 15, 2018 7:05 PM

Feb 2014
I sensed a school days vibe at the very end lol =P

Merlin and Escanor saikõ
Jericho as well ^^

7-8/10
TechOtakuAug 15, 2018 7:27 PM
Aug 16, 2018 10:04 PM
Aug 2018
the end wasn't what I was hoping for, it suddenly ended leaving behind a ton of untouched things and also with new mysteries.not satisfying for how long I waited for it.

Is there a hope for another season?
Aug 18, 2018 4:23 PM

Jul 2013
Yes, there are badass awesome battles, the characters are interesting and the story's thought provoking especially with the still unanswered mysteries but the most important of all is that this show has Hawk and for that reason alone this will always have a special place in my heart. I love you Hawk you adorable pig you.

Aug 24, 2018 12:18 PM

Jan 2016
I'm gonna give this a cheap 9. It's cheap because I would never give something that has its fair share of problems a 9, but season 2 of Nanatsu no Taizai was in one word: EPIC.

A lot of battle shounens have epic scenes, but I feel like Nanatsu no Taizai somehow nails them all brilliantly to a point where I just want to scream out how epic something was. Season 2 also developed some characters which I previously didn't like such as Diane and King. I can't say that I adore them now but I'm ok with them.

Most of us have that one thing that can make you love an anime so much more than it deserves to and for me, it's nailing those epic moments.
Oct 14, 2018 5:57 PM

Jul 2017
Hawk somehow manages to bring me the most joy out of anyone in this whole series. Just such a funny pig.

Kinda felt like Ban, Diane, and King got hard sidelined when it came to their usefulness in any fights. I also never really felt impressed by Meliodas for some reason. I do think these 4 characters did get good emotional segments, yet felt incomplete.

Escanor manged to be the only one who brought a shine to the battles in this season. Everyone elses fights felt unimpressive.

It was a good season, but a level below season one.
Nov 4, 2018 4:34 AM

Jan 2018
I really enjoyed this season , I hope there will be a season 3 , I give it 8/10 . The last episode was awesome .
Jericho needs more screen time , she's an interesting character , especially when she got the ice power . I really like her .
Poor girl , she got friend-zoned by Ban .
Nov 5, 2018 6:41 PM
Jul 2018
Pretty good season overall with the unforeseen FEELS TRAIN and whatnot. Though the animation was on/off at some parts I think this season is a solid 7.5/10.

Vinsmoke-Sanji66 said:
Jericho needs more screen time , she's an interesting character , especially when she got the ice power . I really like her .
Poor girl , she got friend-zoned by Ban .

Agreed, she could use some more screen time ;-;

Can't wait for the 3rd season! Hopefully Meliodas' backstory will be animated, that and his "Edgelord" form @-@

Though there is a certain something about early SDS that almost feels nostalgic.
removed-userNov 5, 2018 6:44 PM
Nov 20, 2018 8:25 PM
May 2013
For a random pick while scrolling Netflix this turned out to be exactly as i expected: at times very interesting, at times a total bore, aggressively decent for the most part.

pros:
- the Commandments' curses, which are better than their personalities and powers themselves
- Ban and Zhivago's bond, though brief, was very impactful
- Escanor is just amazing
- can't help but relate to best girl Jericho, though i don't hate Elaine even if her relationship with Ban feels - and looks - very wrong
- thought Elizabeth would quickly become extremely annoying but she manages to stay likable enough

cons:
- Meliodas is probably the most unlikable MC since the School Days dipshit
- the KingxDiane pairing is cool and all but oh god are their backstories messy and incompetently told, both their own and with one another
- wayyyyyyyyy too many characters. why are Howzer and Gilthunder still this relevant again?
- story is just alright overall
- can't really say it's a con but some Sins do end up being more relevant than others and that balance from the first season is lost -- which was a feat in itself

this is the most 7/10 show ever lol can't say i'm anxiously waiting for a third season but yeah looking forward to it
Nov 30, 2018 10:14 AM

Mar 2016
Because of all the years that Fraudrin has spent, seeing Griammore growing up, he ended up loving him? No matter, this sense of love... WHOOSH!!! GONE! Thanks to Meliodas' execution attack! Even though he gets how Meliodas feels, it's far too late...

Right, my suspicion was correct, Meliodas' father, the person who gave him the curse was indeed the Demon King! This makes both Meliodas and Zeldris the Demon Princes. Idk why but Estarossa seems like he's adopted or something...

That scene legit turned 180! From a little adorable Griammore about to sleep together with Veronica, to a big naked Griammore who seemed to about to do some ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) to Veronica. Goddamn, hilarious!

Gowther might have been released, but like King, I'm not forgiving him until Diane's memories have been restored!

This season of Nanatsu no Taizai was really action-heavy and it was fun seeing all the fights, but what I love even more is the fact that Meliodas' power increases as he loses more of his emotions. It will be so epic to see him go back to his old self and it would be interesting to see how the Sins will prevent that from happening. If the 3rd season will ever be greenlit and aired, I am hoping to see more of Meliodas' original merciless and sadistic personality.

Until then, I guess it's time to read the manga!
Jan 2, 2019 2:23 AM

Oct 2015
I like how heavily advertised Zeldris was in this season only to be irrelevant to this season itself. Let's just hope that he has some good shit coming if there's going to be a third season
Jan 6, 2019 11:49 PM

May 2016
Fraudrin got carried away with his supposedly self-preserving acting and actually gained some fatherly feelings towards Griamore after all those years. He might've been responsible for so many bad things that had happened to them but I can't help but feel a little disappointed like Ban and the others when the disgraced Commandment was killed so eagerly after his moment of redemption when he finally realized Gowther's words. Revenge is an ugly thing and the Sin of Wrath did well to encapsulate that. I'm glad that everyone didn't judge him for that one action and understood the reason why he acted so ruthlessly. Instead of contributing to the problem, his comrades did a really good job of letting Melodias know that he's still the Captain they know and love deep within.

After all this time, Galand was the only Commandment who's truly dead but Grayroad's pretty much out of the war at this point. Jericho inheriting her brother's ice powers was great, Griamore became turned back to normal stark naked in front of Margaret was hilarious, Elaine's still alive, and Escanor got his dream of bathing Merlin~ King, Diane, and Gowther pretty much sat out of the Siege of Liones but to be fair, they already got their fair share of action already. At least they're all together, ready to kick their enemies to the curb now!

Jan 16, 2019 4:21 PM

Sep 2010
2nd season was pretty ok
Feb 12, 2019 4:31 PM

Apr 2014
Meliodas vs all the 10 Commandments was so good, as were previous Escanor fights... then these last few episodes it felt like the anime fell off a cliff. Super rushed. Animation got really awful. Fights became a joke. These supposedly super powerful commandments were suddenly getting wrecked by side characters or pretty much 1 shot by Meliodas and basically died without putting up any sort of real fight. Bit disappointing. Still, looking forward to next season.
Mar 1, 2019 4:13 AM

Dec 2015
Kind of disappointed that things ended on an unfinished note but at the same time, excited that another season is coming.

Decent series, only letdown was how screen time for each of the characters seemed out of balance.
~
Mar 10, 2019 10:21 AM

Apr 2009
oof, Griamore with his two dads, lol _xD?

-OH MY GOD, GRIAMORE!!
-save it for your wedding night, asdfgh -.w-.'''''
though i guess by now, you're only half a step away, ahahahah _xD!

seriously though, such huge guy -._-.'

okay- Season 3, Go!!!
-Gowther, please redeem yourself so i don't have to stop liking you DX_!!
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Apr 4, 2019 1:31 AM

Nov 2016
IMHO this season didnt feel as much fun as the 1st. it had a '1 man army' feel to it overall, excluding merlin and escanor. it also had TMI that probably wouldve been better off somewhere else.
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
May 1, 2019 8:09 AM
Jan 2018
When are people going to realise anime seasons hardly end on a resolution . People really should check up on the series first to see if the Manga or LN is still ongoing or not

and don't get what the problem was with the series just because meiodus got alot of his old power back
Mattinator95Jun 25, 2019 5:09 AM
Jul 4, 2019 9:01 PM
Jan 2017
I liked all the new info about Gowther added from this season, since he is my favorite charcter in this series. but this season I fell was good but coulda been better. I mean its all about taking on the 10 commandments they kill like 3 of them and it turns out 1 is still alive!?! wtf? this isnt DBZ the villians dont get to just come back!

overall 9/10
Jul 9, 2019 8:04 AM

Mar 2015
I enjoyed this season overall, but there definitely has to be a third in the works!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 30, 2019 9:24 AM

Jul 2010
This series had serious pacing problems. So nothing happens for 1 Season + 20 episodes but then everything happens in last 4 episodes... And until now I did not think much of this series but now I love it...

It has to cut down on trash characters though. Well, everyone except Merlin, Meliodas and ESCA-FUCKING-NOR is zako on the good guys side.
Aug 16, 2019 4:51 AM

Dec 2012
Meliodas fucking up Fraudrin.
Merlin body.
Dat bitch slap.
3000 years ago.
Griamore.
Fraudrin stopped.
Dat punch. Fraudrin dead.
Meliodas and Ban.
Dat rock.
The castle was rebuilt.
Merlin in dat tub. I should be the one making her feel good.
Griamore sleeping with older woman. Boss!
A kiss from the one he loves.
BBC in Veronica's face.
Melascula is still alive?
Dat ice.
Gowther is one of the TC.
Dat ending.

So Derieri is really dead. Unfortunate. She shouldn't have hit Hawk Mama. In return, Melascula is still alive. Equivalent exchange. I hope to see Zaneri again. She is waifu.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 21, 2019 12:10 PM
Feb 2009
season 3 hypeee let's go!!
Jan 8, 2020 4:34 PM

Dec 2018
One of the most mediocre anime i've ever seen. I mean I liked it enough, but after so many asspulls and plot contrivances it just becomes tedious or frustrating at times.
Jan 25, 2020 4:55 AM

Apr 2013
So they finally explained why Griamore is like that and he got turned back. That'S good, it kinda annoyed me that he was a child for so long. I actually liked the last episode, they managed to wrap it up without too much drama. And of course Estaross and some other dudes were still alive, they couldn't be beaten that easily. Wonder how long that Undead chick will return from the dead though, I guess at least it fits her theme. I also think Meliodas did the right thing killing Fraudrin, was the only smart solution.

Overall I did not like this season as much as the first one, less fanservice and weird character decisions. Escanor definitely was the MVP though, I enjoyed his scenes the most. I wish him and Merlin got even more screentime though, since they did not get much, or even no, screentime in season 1 at all. I'm surprised that three members of the sinners actually stand far higher than the other four when it comes to fighting power, but at least these are all characters I like. Weird how they kept Diane and King out of the final fight, seems kinda cowardish. 8/10
Apr 8, 2020 11:18 AM

May 2018
Meliodas has definitely changed a bit. Otherwise not bad
Apr 17, 2020 11:34 AM
Jul 2017
Shit was ridiculous. Some of the stuff they come up with is outrageous. That's why I love it. Can't wait for next season.
May 5, 2020 7:46 PM

Feb 2018
Meliodas vs commandments, great anime 9/10
Aug 17, 2020 1:34 AM

May 2015
The naked huge Griamor in front of the tiny Veronica in bed had me laughing a lot, at least the season wrapped up in a positive vibe
Sep 23, 2020 3:21 PM

May 2013
It was way way better than the first season in my opinion, we learned a lot here and seeing the past of a lot of them was very cool, the universe overall was expanded and not just random fights like season 1 where there isn't much plot.
I'm giving it the best note out of all the Nanatsu series I've watched, 8/10 but I still feel like it was more close to a 7/10 note, so in reality something like 7.5/10

Taking a "break" before watching season 3, seeing the bad notes and the bad animation report doesn't give me much hope for this season so I'm leaving it on-hold for now
Will still watch the movie and that'll be the conclusion of the Nanatsu for me for the moment

Mar 3, 2021 2:34 PM

Nov 2019
I liked this second season, it was very entertaining and enjoyed most of it. I think it had a good balance between romance, silliness and serious topics. 8/10
Aug 29, 2022 8:17 AM
Nov 2020
was a little interesting, but almost didnt finish this
Jan 6, 2023 9:40 AM

Mar 2010
The pigs screams are always funny asf. I prefer the blood thirst melo.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 15, 2023 7:49 AM
Mar 2018
I was a big fan of season 1 and 2 but with the animation fall off it ended with a sour taste in my mouth it used to be my favorite anime but sadly not anymore
Apr 15, 2023 12:53 PM
Apr 2014
So that's it.

I have to say this season was overall very weird. There have been a few nice episodes though.

Additional backstory for Ban wouldn't have been necessary but was nice. We got some development for Jericho as well but ultimately I'm disappointed they are actually going the "Elaine will return back to life" route in the long run apparently.

Gowther started off nice but then was more or less meaningless / in the way throughout the season. And we didn't even get confirmation if he is truly evil or not? I'm really curious what's the deal with him.

Hendrickson and Dreyfus returning was unexpected and frankly just weird. At least Dreyfus made zero sense to me but it's been a while since I watched the first season. Wasn't he killed off by the possessed Hendrickson in the first place?

That goddess taking the body of Denzel in one of the last episodes was entirely pointless. I guess they wanted to show Derieri's rage against the goddess race or how they wouldn't fight the commandments? Pointless regardless.

Fraudrin having this inner fight at the end was interesting. I thought that was a nice idea (even if a bit cliché). You just had to feel bad for him being obliterated by Meliodas but realistically letting him live would have been just wrong as well.

That resurrection thing with Elaine and Zaratras was forced IMO. Ultimately it felt like the author wrote themself into a corner they couldn't get out in both situations. At the same time how the fuck is Melascula not dead yet. This ability basically confirmed that fact and it is just unbelievable. First she was burned by Escanor's soul and then Ban destroyed all her hearts...

And we have the big questionmark for Elizabeth... Is she the reincarnation of Liz? Then why did Meliodas carry a small child from exactly that battlefield where Liz died? Was she Meliodas and Liz child? Then why is he constantly groping her... They really should just spell it out clearly what's the deal here and not just have speculations by Merlin or the druids. The groping was weird before. Now that weirdness was elevated massively. I'd be okay if they stopped the sexual harassment instead as well but considering on the the last few episodes and Elizabeth telling Meliodas she wants even more of that I guess that's out of question...

All in all the entire season felt very badly paced. I'm not sure if that was an anime issue or if it is the same for the manga. In the first half basically nothing is happening and the episodes go over so fast anyway... Then the "final" battle happens in a single episode. Considering how drawn out the final battle was in season 1 that was really disappointing. The entire situation with the tournament felt so out of place as well from start to finish. And what happened to Diane and her memories after Meliodas died? Did I miss anything? I suppose Gowther couldn't restore them because he was locked up but I didn't have the impression Diane has her memories back yet either... And then there was one ass pull after the other throughout as well. As much as I enjoyed Escanor on-screen time he was basically a massive asspull already. The same with how they all survived the first encounter with Galant. And Meliodas having these two power boosts... King got this crazy boost as well but at least he wasn't strong enough to deal with the commandments alone after that. At best Meliodas, Escanor, and Ban would have a chance in a fair one-on-one - Maybe Merlin (difficult to gauge). If we consider this the situation was basically impossible from the start. That's 4 vs 10 (9 depending on the whole Gowther situation). If the demons just rushed them all at once the group wouldn't stand a chance. I know... I know... Shounen manga. At least don't shoot way over the top like that D: There has to be a realistic chance for the hero to win. Like in season 1. This season didn't look like it at literally any point except for Escanor. I guess this "end" is weird because it isn't truly over yet. The pacing really didn't help the story-telling in any way though...

Honestly I start to get the feeling this has the usual successful shounen manga issues. The story probably should have ended when Liones was saved and instead of how it went they should have just killed Hendrickson. That would have made for a pretty good, concise and entertaining story-line. But the manga was too successful probably so they had to continue at any cost and that's what we got now...

On a sidenote: I'm really glad Hawk Mama survived... That was the biggest shock in the finale! I was hoping the entire time she didn't die! For a moment there I really thought they'd go with it but then she was finally revealed to be okay! :)
NanashiApr 15, 2023 1:05 PM
Aug 7, 2023 10:59 AM
Apr 2023
The final fight with Fraudrin was sweet although not really good, but Meliodas mocking him and then defeating him in 1 punch was really fun to watch. The rest of the episode was fine, although not a lot happened. But Griamore transforming back was funny. Not that excited for the next season due to the enormous drop of quality but yeah, we’ll see.
Nov 18, 2023 11:29 AM
Jan 2015
that was great!! i enjoyed so much.
Feb 6, 2:56 AM

Sep 2023

Man... I really did love this season. And I don't get people complaining about animation quality. It looks fine to me, but I'm not a critic for that kind of thing.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2018

61 by Foressss »»
Mar 23, 8:07 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2018

69 by Butterball2305 »»
Mar 16, 11:21 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2018

65 by hidingfrom_BIBI »»
Feb 29, 9:28 AM

» I love this season

removed-user - Oct 9, 2021

10 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 6, 2:51 AM

» possibly unpopular opinion

NG_Chloe - Feb 3, 2019

7 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 6, 2:42 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.