Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 16, 2018 2:53 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice an episode focused on Ban. He's one of my favorite character in this show and honestly, I don't mind the series focus more on him. (personally, I find his past much more interesting than Diane's so far this season)

It looks like Ban went through some really rough time as a kid and got beat up a lot for his actions and personality.

Pacing felt a little slow but I felt like this was another important episode. Looks like the others are still training for their upcoming battles.
Mar 16, 2018 3:48 PM

Nov 2007
Not just the threesome had anger against ex-enemy, but also FukuJun's character.

No one treated Suzuki-san's character well, not even his parents, who used him to steal food. Except that guy who he met twice. He has a son, who also knows he steals.

So that fox person is the same person as that guy from the past. He chose his own son over Suzuki-san's character to rescue, but wasn't able to save even his own son on time.

Everyone else in training.

Himawari pair fighting while facing the monster. lol @ suddenly willing to work together when they thought of the people who taught them fight. They created the new skills.

Doll guy and king guy as pair w. doll guy analyzing the enemy of their training calmly.

FukuJun's character, who didn't join up with the training because he's mad at the ex-enemy, w. KajiKaji's character, who joined up. When he tried to communicate, FukuJun's character start to fight against him, guessing that he's also the same as the enemy.

More training next.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 16, 2018 7:31 PM
Mar 2017
King is in a rebellious stage.(?
Although he can not be judged either, he hates demons for destroying his home too ...

What a hard past Ban had.
It's my second favorite character, my first is Gowther, it's a shame that they censored down there. Sure you know what I mean (⌒ω⌒)

If Gowther were a woman, everyone would be angry about censorship. Where are the fujoshis, or do not want it because he is a doll?
FireCrauterMar 20, 2018 2:53 PM
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Mar 17, 2018 12:01 AM

Apr 2016
Didn't expect Ban has that sad past, we have seen three adorable person in Nanatsu no Taizai member's past so far (Liz, Matrona, and Zhivago)

Zhivago is the character I appreciate more here so far tbh
Mar 17, 2018 2:39 AM

Jul 2013
Ban's past was as sad as the manga, though I think that, by mixing his arc with the training one, they broke the mood too suddenly. I guess A1 Pictures made that to avoid making the viewers forgot about Ban, but it would have been better if they would had adapted the chapters like they originally were in the manga.

I find funny how they are showing Gil and Howzer training and getting stronger
The OST of their fight against the dragon was very badass, I have to say.

Loved how Gowther casually holded his severed head in front of a freaked out Arthur lol. Advantages of being a doll, I guess.
King has begun to suspect about Meliodas... Well, he has enough evidence to do that, so we are not going to blame him on that.

Next episode will be cool, since it will adapt
IllyricusMar 17, 2018 12:36 PM
Mar 17, 2018 2:58 AM
Oct 2015
Ban's past was pretty depressing especially with those so-called 'parents', that were 'looking after' him. I'm so glad he was able to meet Zhivago is truly was an ideal father for Ban.
Heckle was here...
Mar 17, 2018 10:59 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode again.

Ban's past was really sad. I should've put two and two together and realized that the reason we were getting Ban's past at this point was because something related to it was happening. It wasn't until Zhivago said he was reminded of Ban as he was looking at him that I realized that Zhivago was the beast man.

Training was a little cool to watch, Gowther is as chill as always even when he's being beheaded. xD

King with the important questions about Meliodas's lineage.
Next episode looks really interesting.
Mar 17, 2018 11:00 AM

Nov 2016
That was great again,but I have to agree with Illyricus.

Still a sad episode :(

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 17, 2018 11:48 AM

Feb 2013
Wow, Zhivago was Ban's "true" father, his story was sad, he couldn't save his own kid.
King, wtf are you doing?
Mar 17, 2018 11:49 AM
Feb 2016
Damn ban, i almost cried. Best episode until now, Such a great flashback.
Ban was already my favourite character now i understand him even better.
Mar 17, 2018 12:40 PM

Jan 2014
This episode on Ban's past was really good. I'm glad Ban was able to forgive Zhivago in the end. Can't wait to hear more about Meliodas and his Demon Clan past in the next episodes.
New Life
Mar 17, 2018 12:48 PM

Oct 2015
To be honest wtf kingu? You have known him for years because he knew some idea about the demon you started doubting him
Mar 17, 2018 12:53 PM
Dec 2014
Oh man the feels are real with this one... gotta love these backstories tho srsly can't wait to see how the characters develop even more. but also the music when
Mar 17, 2018 1:21 PM

Jan 2016
Damn, Ban's past was really sad... This was quite heart-wrenching :'C

And now Meliodas has some things to explain to King :O
THANKS SENPIEX
Mar 17, 2018 1:24 PM

Dec 2015
Poor Zhivago, I hope he'll get better now that he's found Ban again.

Come on King, how can you say something like that to Meliodas when you've known him for so long...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 17, 2018 2:02 PM

Apr 2014
The episode was a very good one. Adapted it well. And Ban back story struck me hard. But Ban revealing himself to Zhivago was more of a way to make a person's heart string tugged. King being very suspicious, and I do not blame him though.
Mar 17, 2018 2:45 PM

Feb 2015
How can King wonder if Meliodas is actually trustworthy? He's known him for so long! That's shitty. Anyway good episode, Ban's flashback was surprisingly compelling.
Mar 17, 2018 3:32 PM

Jan 2017
The Ban-Zhigavo dynamic and past revealed were awesome. 5/5 episode.

Mar 17, 2018 5:38 PM
Feb 2016
King being salty to meliodas reaccepting hendrickson&to mention d 10Commandments.Ban kid past is brutal shit,taking dem punches,Looking forward to next ep.
Satoru-GojoMar 17, 2018 5:53 PM
Mar 17, 2018 6:44 PM

Jun 2014
Getting the feels all over again seeing Ban's past in anime form. He went through a lot of shit but I'm glad he and Zhivago were able to get some closure with each other.

A little more training in this episode, and now King isn't trusting Meliodas.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 17, 2018 6:46 PM

Jan 2017
Last week, I didn't like bans backstory as much; but this week though, with a more in-depth look towards Zhivago just tugged on my heartstrings... He was abused as a child, way to play child abuse in an anime. Honestly, I applaud that; it went with a lesser generic trope -it's usually an orphan, right?

This week addressed the big problem I have with anime, that being this need to redeem characters of their past wrongdoings... Ski like how king took care of that, albeit not so much as would be appropriate.

Other than that, things are getting tense between king and meliodas, they know how end on a cliffhanger.
Dammit, I can't wait for next week

P.S.
wasn't there an ova or something called bans story, I wonder why it wasn't covered in those episodes?
Mar 17, 2018 7:32 PM

May 2015
Damn, I think Zhivago make the right decision (I think Ban would only got off with a beating [a serious one but nonetheless a beating] but alive) now his son was going to get killed thus he got to him... sadly he didn’t get in time....
Mar 17, 2018 8:46 PM

Jul 2009
But seriously if Henderickson was under control the entire time then YES that does mean he should be innocent of all his sins. He didn’t do it, the demon did. King stop being dumb. Pick your battles wisely.
Mar 17, 2018 8:51 PM

Nov 2015
Why King has to be so dumb?
Mar 17, 2018 8:51 PM

Nov 2015
Why King has to be so dumb?
Mar 17, 2018 9:33 PM
Dec 2014
Am I the only one getting pissed at Gowther for messing with all these people's memories?
Mar 18, 2018 3:05 AM

May 2017
People are overreacting on King, he was never a great character to begin with, in fact one of the worst written character of the series if not in anime history ever

Ulquiorra said:
Wow, Zhivago was Ban's "true" father, his story was sad, he couldn't save his own kid.
King, wtf are you doing?

He wants to get his ass whooped, it's perfect coz King is being an emotional lesbian on her period and Meliodas needs some good training and I think next episode King will finally realize while he's been calling him captain these past years
Mar 18, 2018 3:49 AM

Jan 2016
Ban's backstory was amazing, the feels!

Also A-1 did a great job in showing Hendricksons regret when he meets Meliodas. King's gone mad unless this is a trial all the affection I've gained for King in this season will disappear.

Like Zoro (One Piece) said: "The crew would be better without someone who doesn't show respect for this guy (Luffy, Captain)
Mar 18, 2018 5:21 AM

Aug 2016
Luke72 said:
How can King wonder if Meliodas is actually trustworthy? He's known him for so long! That's shitty. Anyway good episode, Ban's flashback was surprisingly compelling.

I think some people are forgetting that the sins were actually all gathered for about 10 years and considering that King has lived for over 1000 years they haven't actually known each other for that long.
Mar 18, 2018 6:15 AM

Jul 2014
This episode was massively disjointed, really. The first half with Ban's backstory with Zhivago was interesting and well-executed, but the second half had no connection to that and was quite poor really, especially with King being stupid for no real reason. I mean, he's seriously asking if Meliodas can be trusted after all of this? After everything they've done together? Does it not occur to him that if Meliodas wasn't on their side, he would have easily killed them all (other than Ban, for obvious reasons) long ago: that whole thing is entirely, needlessly forced and is quite annoying as a result.
Mar 18, 2018 6:20 AM
Jan 2017
can't wait for the next episode!
Mar 18, 2018 6:22 AM
Apr 2017
Still no sign of Escanor
Mar 18, 2018 9:45 AM

Oct 2017
Great episode. Loved the zhivago and Ban moment.

I am definitely looking forward to next weeks episode for a certain “greeting”
Mar 18, 2018 10:20 AM
Nov 2017
That Ban backstory though. Mannnnnn. Definitely more interesting than Dianes.

Meliodas vs King lets gooo. The training it seems is going to be an on going thing and not a power skip (which is good!).

Looks like Gil and Howzer are learning something already.

Hendrickson has to deal with the fact of his actions during the time he was possesed. Should give a nice bit of development as time goes on.

We're roughly half way through and we haven't gotten far into finding Pride yet..

Curious how Diane/Merlin are going to get a power up since Merlin obviously lacks the ability to do anything other than be a sphere right now and Diane is off with Motrana.

So far really enjoying this season even with the slightly slower paced episodes here and there. Important story is still being included at a pretty regular pace at least in my opinion. (not including Dianes amnesia stuff that seems like padding).
Mar 18, 2018 3:07 PM
Apr 2014
Yo that's some of the worst training I've ever seen haha, these druids are pranking these poor knights so hard, yeah fighting some big frog while naked with a stick is sure gonna help you with these top 10 demons picked by the demon king himself, when all it took was one of them to sleep the sins, in his weakened form mind you.
King being on his period might actually be a good thing, at least he presents a somewhat decent warm up for Meliodas before he gets his power up.
Drake1000Mar 18, 2018 3:10 PM
Mar 19, 2018 12:43 AM

Jan 2013
Ban's past got to be one of the best in this anime, but I think this training arc is being dragged out. A timeskip without showing the training and then showing all the new abilities in the battle would be dope.

The animation is still shit too...
Mar 19, 2018 3:44 AM
Jun 2017
nice story of Ban's past. i dont expect that Zhivago is the one that he is talking to with.

* King sure hates those 10 commandments that even he is suspecting Meliodas being one of them... hahaha...
Mar 19, 2018 11:08 AM
Sep 2015
I like this episode so much (hint: I'm into bara and furry)
But it can be improve if the training require truly naked.
Mar 19, 2018 11:33 AM
Oct 2007
I tried not to nitpick but.. there's too many coincidences happening in this episode that reduce the enjoyment by a bit. Can't wait for the main casts to encounter the 10 commandments from demon clan!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2018 1:11 PM

Nov 2012
Who cried at Zhivago's backstory? (╥_╥)

*presses play*
*hears screaming*
who invited asta? (⌒▽⌒)

Mar 19, 2018 1:21 PM

Jul 2016
Ban really formed connections with some really wonderful people in his past, hasn't he. Howser and Giltthunder had some better teamwork than they had previously. The lightning armor looked amazing; I want some of that on Skyrim, or at least as outer protection on my dragon armor. Gowther and Arthur make a weird pair; it's so funny how Gowther thinks nothing of having his head cut off. King and Meliodas are about to have a nice fight fight.

Mar 19, 2018 5:08 PM

May 2015
Wow Ban past was so quick. :D

More training.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 19, 2018 8:34 PM

Jun 2013
Ban' story had me in me tears
Mar 19, 2018 8:35 PM

Jan 2014
Lol everyone shitting on King questioning Meliodas even though they've known each other for years... Ban tried killing Meliodas before and they've all known Gowther and he still fucked them over. Their relationships with each other obviously aren't perfect. Hence their sins.
Mar 20, 2018 10:58 AM

May 2014
Nice and touchy ep. It's good to see that Ban had someone that cared for him in his childhood. But it's strange that the wolf dad didn't tried to meet up with Ban again after his biological son died. I mean it has been over 10 years and he didn't think that he was still alive. Now that's a big assumption and bad plot writing. ^^

It's funny to see that King still hate Hendrikson. I guess he has his reason for that. Damn, I can't remember how he was involved in King's friend's death. Can someone care to explain. It's has been so long that I have totally forgotten.

The gay duo feel like they have become stronger. I got heart eyes once the pink hair dude made his body electrical. I were like, hmm sexy boy. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Next time clash between King and Meliodas. Well, it's understandable to not trust a demon, but then again he have been with you for so long and he haven't harmed you at all. So his reason for mistrusting him is weak.
Mar 20, 2018 9:05 PM

Dec 2008
Ban is my 2D boyfriend!
Mar 21, 2018 12:28 AM

Aug 2008
crap, this episode hit a string in my heart, dany got teary eyes and that is a rarety o.o

The spider is watching
Mar 21, 2018 7:42 AM

Oct 2008
Another cool episode!
Looks like Zhivago is so grateful to Ban because he is such an understanding person.
King is not in good vibes with Hendrikson
Gowther is a nudist exhibitionist!
This show never bores be because of Hawk!
That was a nice training session of Gilthunder & Howzer!
Gowther and Arthur Pendragon is traning as well!
Now this is interesting King & Meliodas will clash in their intense training!
5/5.

Mar 21, 2018 2:59 PM

May 2016
How good can this show these last two episodes are really pure epicness.
Zhivago didn't recognize Ban I guess age makes you forget a lot things.
Ban's past was really bitter just like I expected. 5/5
Mar 22, 2018 5:51 PM

Jul 2013
That was a sad bit about Ban's past as a kid, glad he's found his father. And Meliodas, I think it's about time he opens up about the real deal between him and the demons.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2018

61 by Foressss »»
Mar 23, 8:07 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2018

65 by hidingfrom_BIBI »»
Feb 29, 9:28 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu Episode 24 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

46 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 6, 2:56 AM

» I love this season

removed-user - Oct 9, 2021

10 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 6, 2:51 AM

» possibly unpopular opinion

NG_Chloe - Feb 3, 2019

7 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 6, 2:42 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.