Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Sister's All You Need. (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 24, 2017 5:32 PM

Aug 2014
Not as fun as Haganai, but I did enjoy all the board game episodes. Not so much this game, since it was mostly a vehicle for some meta commentary. So like all two(?) of them. Also did like some of the side characters more than all of the main group, namely Accountant and Panty Ribbon. Too bad they didn't show up more. Up for another season if it happens.
Sieg Zeon!
Dec 24, 2017 6:02 PM
Aug 2010
AsT5 said:
Itachi_0893 said:
This whole anime was uneventful but was entertaining to watch, I have no intention of reading the novels because it is almost imposible for the best girl (Miyako) to win at the end, but will like some spoilers or even better, summaries of the volumes after what was adapted but as I can't find anything I guess I'll just forget that this even existed in a few months.

7/10 it was entertaining.

well its miyako's fault for not winning over itsuki
if she had confessed him
things would have been different
but she rather supported nayu

but who cares
because itsuki kissed nayu in the LN
I saw some illustration

Well, nice to know, now I'll definitely never waste my time reading the novels.
Dec 24, 2017 6:05 PM
Mar 2017
After watching the anime,my thought......

Queen of tsundere : louise
Queen of yandere : yuno gasai
Queen of sadist : Akeno himejima
Queen of masochist: Darkness(lalatina)

Now here comes the Queen of bitch: Kani nayuta :)

need season 2.......
Dec 24, 2017 7:38 PM

Nov 2017
Well,I,for one,enjoyed the lengthy run in to the intro,and yes,the ending was left way open,and could have been better,but it was still an enjoyable end to an enjoyable series.
Like others,I was expecting the girl who rejected him to turn up again,but,hopefully,there will be either a 2nd season,or maybe an ova or something.
I can always hope :)
Dec 24, 2017 8:53 PM

Sep 2015
A Sister’s All You Need Overall Impressions:

I first researched this anime extensively the moment I had conversations with people on Discord about how the light novels of this series is extremely great. I was curious to see if those praises were correct. The moment I saw the fake-out and ending scene from the first episode, I could immediately tell that A Sister’s All You Need was going to be something really special. There was something about this anime that formed an unusual, but strong connection with me.

This might seem like an anime to avoid due to Imouto’s fan-service, incest nature. I sort of understand this complaint as Eromanga Sensei being made fun of for the same reasons in the same year of 2017 (Although I personally enjoyed Eromanga, even during my re-watch). But, the method A Sister’s All You Need approaches these subjects is very different. This anime tackles surprisingly realistic territory that is executed in the most down-to-earth manner. It has many grounded vibes that personally reminds me of my experience to Welcome to the NHK, except being less depressing and more light-hearted and comedy-focused.

A Sister’s All You Need is about exploring the struggles and reality of light novel authors. Each episode focuses on the characters playing board games, hanging out, or finding ways to make real progress on their light novel career. The former is most frequent in episodes. The board games might seem strange and uninteresting at first, but they help develop the character relationships by large degrees in various surprising ways with how each game’s rules are set up. The results from these board games can range from hilarious to heartwarming.
The characters themselves are the real spotlight. Nayu is the most endearing with her bold, shameless love for the male MC. Itsuki, Miyako, and Haruto are also great, having eccentric personalities facing a lot of struggles due to their jeopardized positions in the light novel business. Even with the entire cast having obsessed little sister tastes, the characters feel very real and are surprisingly easy to empathize with when the darkest moments come to them. By the end of the series, I was really attached to all of the characters and I did not want the anime to finish.

Overall, A Sister’s All You Need was a fantastic experience. This anime has convinced me to read the light novel series that’s soon to be released in North America by Yen Press in 2018. The realistic tone and comedic elements are great and never overused, with a strong, substantial balance of character developments and humor that create a sister anime of excellent quality. To me, Eromanga Sensei is not the successor of good incest anime like Oreimo, A Sister’s All You Need the ACTUAL spiritual successor that the genre should follow going forward.
Dec 24, 2017 8:58 PM
Jul 2016
what kind of ending was that. well, i will just hope this anime get 2nd season

Overall i love this 8/10
Dec 24, 2017 9:20 PM

Jan 2013
Thought the older sister character would make an appearance at the end.
Pretty much an open nonending.
Dec 24, 2017 10:12 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Nayuta is all you need

the true title of this anime
Dec 24, 2017 10:37 PM

Apr 2011
I feel about Itsuki's past. He lost his mom in middle school, then later got rejected by his first love.

That was a fun and realistic dice game. Despite all of them got negative points, Itsuki won and it reflects on his novel getting an anime adaptation. Miya has chosen what to do in her life now.

It does feel open ended. I wonder if there'll be new season or a special episode to wrap things up. Also, his 'lil bro' will have to tell the truth.

7/10
Dec 24, 2017 10:47 PM
Sep 2016
Ending felt a bit dry (they might have rushed it) but makes me feel excited for a season 2, the whole show is very fun and enjoyable with likable characters. Really want to see if Itsuki x Nayu ship sails, Chihiro gender reveal and Itsuki anime progress/debut in the future
Dec 24, 2017 11:46 PM
Mar 2017
So,any chance of season 2??????

I pretty much loved the anime...... wanna see more itsuki x kani...& will itsuki meet his that childhood first love girl???
Dec 25, 2017 12:48 AM
Jan 2016
After I watch this anime, I can say that this anime has a deep story, that's why the score is going up and up in myanimelist hahaha and I've predicted it. Yeah, as Mikasa Ackerman said, this world is cruel but really beautiful, that's why you can't really love it or really hate it. You're the protagonist of your own life and you're the one that can decide where your life should go. I really like the development of the characters in this anime and especially I like the loyality from Itsuki for little sister hahaha. I'm really curious what will happen if Itsuki knows that he already have a little sister, need another season!!!
Dec 25, 2017 5:41 AM

Oct 2013
8/10
I enjoyed this show quite a lot. Some seriousness with laughter. Some reality with humour. Surprisingly one of my top 3 of this season.
Dec 25, 2017 6:12 AM

Sep 2010
That was a real journey. I don't believe that i didn't drop the series after those first episodes, but i'm happy that i didn't do it. These series are worth to watch. You have to ignore the fanservice, clichés and some more stupid things, but the characters are interesting enough. The writer's games are really fun too and you don't watch the series and you immediately forget. They have too their own history. I regret comparing this to eromanga-sensei which was just a self-fulfiling fantasy which i don't even know why i watched it until the end. It is too self-fulfilling fantasy, but it is not only that, I'm happy with the anime but i'm sad that i can't read the novels.
Dec 25, 2017 7:20 AM

Aug 2013
It happened to be much better than I initially thought. Obviously not the best series of this season, but still, solid 8/10.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 25, 2017 7:38 AM

Jul 2017
Sigh - sad to see that people really are swallowing this pandering shit down: an inexplicable increase of more than 0.4 points in a single day. I guess horrible characters like Nayuta are everything that simple-minded weebs really need. And deserve.
あなたは誰?
Dec 25, 2017 8:02 AM

Sep 2010
backdoornight said:
Sigh - sad to see that people really are swallowing this pandering shit down: an inexplicable increase of more than 0.4 points in a single day. I guess horrible characters like Nayuta are everything that simple-minded weebs really need. And deserve.

It is a 6 for me, it is a silly light comedy series. What did you expect? Because if you expect as i did another Masamune, Itsuki is an improvement. Nayuta is an horrible character which is only to be a waifu, but it is an excuse to silly jokes too. You can't expect much more of these kind of series. If you want good characters rakugo that's what you want to go with. You can take too made in abyss or something like that, but if you go to imouto sae ireba, eromanga sensei or something like that, it is looking in the wrong basket.
Dec 25, 2017 8:06 AM

Oct 2013
Not the best ending but the expected one since like ep 10. No way they could both start a drama with Nahyu pulling some strings for him to get the anime in her place and him finding out about it as well as resolve it in 1 ep. But this is fine for this show, with one helluva misleading tittle and beginning. Like,everything was expecting another "this show is trash & so am I" type of experience like Eromanga Sensei but I'd say this is more similar to Girlish Number than anything. Just that the focus being LN authors instead of VAs, it feels more private.

I thought the games themselves they often play would be boring but then there's all these subtle & not-so-subtle details in the choices of each character that pretty much defines them and shows their approach on life.

Hoping for S2
Dec 25, 2017 10:05 AM

Jan 2015
Overall I didn't like this with the over the top perviness etc. but at least it had a nice theme about light novels so I'll be generous and give it a 5/10.
Dec 25, 2017 11:25 AM

Nov 2009
That this show did not end up a complete dumpster fire has been one of the most surprising anime developments of the entire year, let alone the season. Gonna go back in time, tell myself after the first 2 minutes "actually you're gonna give this show an 8 out of 10"

sure thing

I certainly prefer the non-ending to the "actually everyone you know is dead and it's only a short matter of time before you are also dead thanks for wasting five hours" ending some other shows went with.
Certified "cute girls doing cute things" expert

the cute girls doing cute things club needs you!

maybe you didn't give re:stage dream days a chance; please re:consider
Dec 25, 2017 11:29 AM

Nov 2009
backdoornight said:

For clarification, this happens because of how MAL's grading system works, not because people liked the last episode. If people gave this show the 3 episode test, after episode 11 they had watched more than 25% of the series. Now they haven't watched more than 25% of the series so their scores aren't counted as much. Since the people who only watched 3 episodes probably dropped the show, they most likely gave it disproportionately low scores. This late rise happens for the last outing of every show that gets exactly 12 episodes.
Certified "cute girls doing cute things" expert

the cute girls doing cute things club needs you!

maybe you didn't give re:stage dream days a chance; please re:consider
Dec 25, 2017 11:29 AM

Sep 2013
Didn't felt like the final ep. Guess an OVA will be released to throw some more fan-service.

That was a fun series, much more than Eromanga sensei for sure. It had its cliches but also some wildest, out of my fucking imagination moments and a solid bromance. Easy 7/10.
Dec 25, 2017 12:53 PM

Feb 2007
Not much of a conclusion, but I guess that's what we'll have to live with with an ongoing story. Still better than the horrible ending to the OP this time, at least.
Dec 25, 2017 12:56 PM
Oct 2017
The series was pretty great was the ending killed it for me they wasted a great ending with the game they could have done more instead of rushing good things at the end
Kick logic to the curb and do the impossible.
Dec 25, 2017 1:47 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
It was a pretty enjoyable one but there was a lot of annoying things too and the finale wasnt really a finale .. gonna give it a 5/10.

might consider giving this a 6/10 if a second season comes in.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 25, 2017 2:20 PM

Jan 2014
This show was pretty good despite the raunchiness, which I'm not particularly a fan of.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Dec 25, 2017 3:21 PM
Nov 2015
ManlyTear said:

I thought the games themselves they often play would be boring but then there's all these subtle & not-so-subtle details in the choices of each character that pretty much defines them and shows their approach on life.

All games they've played were real.

Kazra07 said:
WTF!!! They're ending this shit with the character playing a board game. How many time have they spent the ep with playing board game already. Seriously just make the theme of this shit an anime of playing board game already.

And they said the previous Eromanga Sensei was bad. X(
At least that anime was trying at something. This is just bull@#$%

Board games are metaphors. The game they played in last episode should show you that the happiest writer is who has written nothing. You can't write radically new, because it won't pass censorship, anyway you should write clichéd japfantasy romcom books, because only such kind of literacy is bringing money. Your anime will have a small budget and very likely will fail. So either you give up and write cheap books with no plot no sense either you have no money and you are nonename.
Dec 25, 2017 3:35 PM
Mar 2014
I kind of wish Chihiro told Itsuki he has a little sister sometime during this episode. I also wish the whole episode wasn't a summary of an authors life in a board game. The show as a whole was mediocre but this episode left some to be desired. Miyako wanting to be an editor is cool and I'm glad she found something she believes she'll be happy doing.
Dec 25, 2017 4:13 PM
Oct 2015
So we learn about Itsuki's past for the first half of the episode, then we get the opening which features Nayuta alone at the end instead of the entire crew which was a nice touch. That led me to believe that we were getting some Itsuki X Nayuta moments but we didn't exactly get it, it only lasted for an around 30 seconds.
Heckle was here...
Dec 25, 2017 5:24 PM

Sep 2017
Does anyone know if the manga is still going I only saw two chapters of it but can't find anymore
Dec 25, 2017 6:23 PM

Jan 2011
I honestly wasn't expecting this series to be so enjoyable.
Dec 25, 2017 8:14 PM
Apr 2017
Its an unexpected good show, although I didn't actually almost drop it in the first ep first 3 mins...
Would recommend others to watch this SOL if they like this genre
7/10
Dec 25, 2017 9:34 PM

Jul 2014
First, the transition to the opening was great.

Now, I expected to like this show as much as I liked Eromanga-sensei and.......nope. But it was pretty enjoyable, except for some parts, like the creepy rapist guy who drops the pants of poor defenseless girls in the middle of the street. The board games were hilarious. xD

I was going to say that Flashback girl is best girl until the rejection...MIYAKO BEST GIRL!

And I am impressed on how people trashed Eromanga-sensei (a pure comedy) and not this (a more "serious" show) with situations like the street rapist or the mangaka in the underwear mask plus the boobs touching.
SkyLETVDec 26, 2017 8:15 AM
Dec 26, 2017 12:03 AM

Mar 2014
the flashback tells us why itsuki becomes a siscon LN writer. ayane rejected him cuz she just saw him as a little brother. i know that many great writers got their inspiration from personal failure. maybe yomi himself turned into this way for this kind of past?
im quite sorry that their relationship ended in this way. but if not, itsuki would not be itsuki today. everyone meets so many passenger in his life. they dont need to, and they cant all be some heroines. ayane is just a passenger in itsuki's life, though she did gave him a big push onto the way of writer. its quite probable that she wont appear again in his life, and she dont need to. this is the most reasonable end to her story.

that board game is interesting. yomi tells us some real stories in this industries through a game. and the end of that game is pretty much real. nayu (talented writer) in big publisher gets most money, but everyone keeps losing happiness through out the game. it teaches us a lesson about hobby: when hobby becomes job, you will soon lose all devotion and finally be tired of it.
we as audiences can only see the fresh part of industry. this show somehow revealed a darker part of it. but ofc, it still put some false good faces. to identify which ones are real, u just need to do one thing. pick out all the "LN main character fantasy" moments, and the rest are real stories.

the last part pretty much ends this season and solves many question. nayu (nake on the bed) brings out her real thoughts to itsuki, which is a response to itsuki's words (she a better writer than me) in episode 11: to me, u r the best writer.
miyako used to be a girl with confusion to the future. but with her writer friends, she finally finds a way for her -- to be a novel editor.
at last, itsuki once again claims his motive to become a writer, that he wants a sister but has none. after that, the camera immediately switches to hashima's bathroom with chihiro in it. it indicates an obvious crisis in the future: what would happen when the main protagonist finally knows that he has a sister? will he lose the passion of writing?

a very entertaining episode. 5/5

ive been following this anime for a long time. before the animation adaption news, it had been at the highest level within all LN that hadnt get anime adaption. so when news from japan revealed that Oonuma Shin and silver link would take on the work, i was quite excited cuz they had given us some good shows. after all 12 episodes, i can say, i love this director more now.
it has no intriguing adventure, just some slice-of-life monogatari for industry workers. many of them have some eccentricities. i think many users are frightened off and drop it with a low score. but i dont think its a big problem. we all have some eccentricities, and many famous or great persons even come to "problem" level. i have no peoblem with a naked novelist cuz i myself like nakeness in my house, especially in summer.
this ending is quite like no ending, as if it will have another episode in the next week. but it has indicated some possible future for these protagonists, so it has the basic level of closing a show. i know that the original novel doesnt stop here, so its understandable that we have no feels for an end. in the latest volume, itsuki and nayuta finally establish a certain couple, and even now itsuki hasnt got to know that he indeed has a sister. the anime is far behind the pace of novel, so it makes no sense to critisize this.
however this show gets no commercial success. the original novel series didnt get enough sales boost. the series sold 57920 volumes in october, 35676 in november and 22977 in december. as a comparison, eromanga-sensei sold 91636 volumes in may. (it sold more than 100000 volumes in april and june, but its partly because new books on sell in april and june) the blu-ray disc box 1 (01/26 on sell) is estimated to sell about 1000 copies or so, pretty much like a median level in this season. its almost certain that this show wont get a second season, so i think they should have given us an original end to finish this anime. but since Hirasaka Yomi, who himself occupies the series composition, choose to follow the original series, im ok with that. after all its an adaption, and many adaptions dont adapt a complete source. if u choose to watch this kind of anime, u need to accept it.
in all, this is pretty much the most interesting and entertaining, possibly the best anime i watched this year. id like to give my thx to studio silver link and all staffs who make contributions to it. Hirasaka Yomi has yet again proven his ability to write interesting comedy, and weve seen why this series can sell up to 30000 for one volume even before animation.

final verdict: 6.5/10
vellabrownJan 17, 2018 5:08 AM
Dec 26, 2017 1:25 AM

Oct 2013
Actually enjoyable at times (barring the boring parts) and a chill anime but could have been better. 5/10
Dec 26, 2017 1:50 AM

Jun 2016
Personally, it was a really good ending.
The R rated humor, drinking, and life of a self-employed young adult kind of anime was unique and I have to say I loved it.

It doesn't really "end" anything other than the anime, but a good 12th episode. Will probably buy the blu-ray. XD
Dec 26, 2017 2:40 AM

May 2016
The issue really hit pretty close to my heart because i felt like up to this point in my life i have always been a side character.
Maybe it's time for me to take charge and be the protagonist for once, inspiring.
┬┴┬┴┤ ͜ʖ ͡°) ├┬┴┬┴ ┬┴┬┴┤ʕ•ᴥ├┬┴┬┴
Dec 26, 2017 3:46 AM

Jul 2015
Well... it's over... It was... alright I guess. I enjoyed it... kind of, like, I enjoyed the more serious moments more than the comedic part, the jokes just weren't that good to me, I need more than just a bunch of random sex jokes and nude jokes to enjoy something. I'm also not that big on fan service, so seeing a couple of girls naked all the time wasn't exactly something I was happy about. And this could hardly be considered a finale. I'm going with a 5 out of 10.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Dec 26, 2017 5:39 AM

May 2017
Well I'm glad this is over, the most overrated of this season

This show is so forced from the beginning, everything about it feels forced, even the gags sometimes, also the title should just be board games related something

And Shitsuki just made it to number 2 in my most hated characters of all time, second only to Shitbaru

4/10
Dec 26, 2017 7:28 AM

Sep 2012
first part about Itsuki's past was heavy bit hard to watch, dam that heartbreak
Dec 26, 2017 10:29 AM

Nov 2014
This anime turned out better than I expected after first episode. No annoying drama, but still interesting character interactions, problems and some development. Every episode was fun and I liked all characters.
While it was obvious nothing will be solved in 12 eps, I'm still pretty disappointed. Sure, Nayu knowing Itsuki's feelings is pretty much all I wanted, but now I want more :s
Dec 26, 2017 4:25 PM

Feb 2017
Underwelming finale especially if we dont get a second season
Dec 26, 2017 5:22 PM

Oct 2008
An okay final episode.
First part was not so good because it's all about the bitter childhood past of Itsuki!
The VA of that no good Red-Haired (Ayane Mitahora) girl is Mizuhashi Kaori.
Ayane even cosplayed as Haruhi! wow!
Because of all those harsh things that happened to Itsuki especially with that no-good red-haired girl Ayane, he became devoted to Imoutos! and eventually bacame an LN author!
The execution of the OP in the middle of this episode was perfect!
2nd part was another board game and it was fun and amusing but LOL everyone got negative happiness points but at lease Itsuki wins LOLZ!
Miyako decided that she wants to be an editor!
5/5.
7/10.
hope there's S2 since Chihiro still got to tell the truth to her nii-san!
Kantoku endcard was awesome!

Dec 26, 2017 6:49 PM

Sep 2017
This ending confused me. Were they trying to introduce something new? The board game part was fun but it seemed unnecessary.
Dec 27, 2017 12:42 AM
Dec 2017
Dang the ending is really a no go for me and that imouto thing that his brother/sister hides.

I think this anime is a reenactment of editors and novelist in real life with a twist, loved this anime except the crappy ending..
Dec 27, 2017 5:06 AM

Sep 2014
Was that it? The show is decent but it is disappointing that it doesnt have a conclusive ending. I was expecting more.
I would have rated it 8/10 if it wasnt for that bland ending. 6/10-average at best.
Dec 27, 2017 7:40 AM

Feb 2013
This was a great show, a LOT more adorable than I expected. I would love to see another season!

8/10
Dec 27, 2017 9:51 AM

Jun 2011
7/10
the show was better than expected, I enjoyed it a lot.
would be nice if we got another season (or even an ova) but I guess that's not likely. :( I would love to see more of Kani and Itsuki

also, nice to see the score went up. this anime definitely didn't deserve the low score it got at first
Dec 27, 2017 3:38 PM

Aug 2017
I started watching this series with low expectations and left feeling like a changed man, this series was so fucking good. The characters were great, the comedy was excellent, the pacing was perfect, there are so many good things I could say about this show!

I've seen some of the illustrations from the light novel so I know some of the story ahead and I would absolutely love to see another season covering those events. Especially the relationship scenes between Itski and Nayu

Completely blew expectations out of the water. 9/10
UnknownAKDec 27, 2017 3:49 PM
Dec 28, 2017 2:02 AM

Aug 2015
I was ready to give this show a "pass" after the first part of the first episode, but it was "wtf" enough to make my sense of morbid curiosity see it through.
I'm glad I did, because the show was a pretty decent slice-of-life, with some strange situations.

I am disappointed that there wasn't really much resolution with the final episode, though. As others have said, it feels like it would be perfect for one last episode to really wrap things up. Although unlikely that would happen.

I liked how Miyako decided to become an editor. She's the only character in the entire cast that seems to have any real development, or finality to the story.

Itsuki never really confessed his love for Nayuta, although she basically heard him anyway while "sleeping".
It also seems rather pointless for them to mention (barely mention, really) Chihiro being a girl, if they never actually address it.

I dunno. Just seems like there were a number of hanging threads.

That being said, it was a decent show, and was a relaxing slice of life, with interesting characters. Can't complain too much.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2017

104 by Miki42 »»
Jan 11, 8:02 PM

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2017

82 by Miki42 »»
Jan 8, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2017

88 by Miki42 »»
Jan 2, 7:36 AM

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2017

139 by Miki42 »»
Jan 1, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2017

231 by Miki42 »»
Jan 1, 11:12 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.