Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Sister's All You Need. (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 24, 2017 5:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Meh, this finale was boring.

It's just Itsuki still working on his usual stuff and the running gags. Second half of the episode consisted a game the characters played together which really felt similar to one of the previous episodes.

Pretty forgettable show imo.
Dec 24, 2017 6:41 AM

Apr 2010
The ending doesn't seem like the ending it looks like another episode will be coming up.
Guess we will have to wait and see.
Anyway the episode was ok but somehow i wonder about the first part why was that girl introduced, it somehow looks like she will have a future role despite the ending of the anime.
Miyako wanting to become an editor seems nice but it's hard work will she be able to come.
And there are other questions as well.
Dec 24, 2017 8:08 AM

Jun 2015
Got to see how Itsuki became obsessive on wanting a little sister. A girl he liked rejected him because she only saw him as a little brother. The board game everyone was playing was interesting. Miyako wants to become an editor. This was not a good show overall.

Nov 2008
Decent non-ending. Decent show.
Aug 2016
Strange ending. I expected something more, like Chiriro real gender, or in a romance way.
Btw, overall i really liked the show, besides first cringy episodes and Itsuki's obsession with imoutos. I think i'll check the novel just to read some of the events that will happen after the anime events.

Solid 7/10 for me
Dec 24, 2017 8:18 AM

Sep 2013
Dang. I had higher hopes after last episode but this was a totally boring non-ending. The flashback was something we could have done with earlier the in the show, and at this point, just serves to explain something we already understood. And the second half wasn't much more entertaining.

It eluded to plenty of things to come for the series, but with a second season being unlikely, this is a total "read the novel" kind of conclusion.
Dec 24, 2017 8:19 AM

Sep 2017
I mean it was a fun episode and I liked the show, but that was a disappointing finale. Was that new character really just a sort of plot device to further motivate Itsuki to write novels so that he could be "the protagonist." It would have been cool to see her again, but at the same time they barely developed any of the existing sub plots this ep.

This feels like a "go read the novel" kind of finale considering light novel adaptions don't usually get second seasons. To be fair I don't know how much further the novel has gone with the story. It was a fun show anyway.
Dec 24, 2017 8:21 AM

Dec 2014
Didn't expect the heavy intro to this episode. :o
New character introduced as well, I was actually expecting her to show up at some point during the second half but that wasn't the case.

It was a nice final episode to the show, the Light Novel Author game they played was hilarious especially with the way it turned out.

Interesting that Miyako wants to be an editor.

Overall, I liked this show quite a lot. It was a lot of fun to watch and hilarious at points. The characters and their interactions were great and I do like the whole 'author' aspect of the show and a little bit of how it shows the industry from the perspective of an author. I'd totally love to see a second season

8/10
Dec 24, 2017 8:23 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I felt pretty bad there for Itsuki during that backstory....That red haired girl was pretty chill but man, that whole thing ended badly :(.....I wanted to see her in present day though

Overall, I had a blast with this show and likewise with this epsiode, I really enjoyed seeing different aspects within the LN world, plus these characters were so fun that just seeing them interact is enough to make me smile

I hope that somehow we get a second season but until then, imma miss the hell out of this series (I'm happy that Mikyako decided to go through with the editor stuff too)

8/10
TokoyaDec 24, 2017 8:27 AM
Dec 24, 2017 8:43 AM

Nov 2016
No conclusion in this ending... I need more than this, season 2 is not announced yet. Why not just give a conclusion on it :'(
Nice to meet you.......
はじめまして。。。。。。。。。
Dec 24, 2017 8:44 AM

Sep 2016
What. This is no ending. What. As a viewer, I feel toyed with. I kind of wonder if that was the point all along, or if it's just the sort of accident that happens with adaptations of "LN trash".

Yet these hands will never hold anything.
Thus I pray, Unlimited Waifu Works!

Dec 24, 2017 8:51 AM

Jun 2016
This show was not trash. 6 outta 10.

We will likely never see a second season, but I enjoyed the journey of the first season, some of it was interesting.

Dec 24, 2017 9:01 AM
Aug 2010
This whole anime was uneventful but was entertaining to watch, I have no intention of reading the novels because it is almost imposible for the best girl (Miyako) to win at the end, but will like some spoilers or even better, summaries of the volumes after what was adapted but as I can't find anything I guess I'll just forget that this even existed in a few months.

7/10 it was entertaining.
Dec 24, 2017 9:07 AM

Sep 2015
Good Imouto parody all over the place/
Into the Internet!
Dec 24, 2017 9:19 AM

Apr 2015
literally nothing happened /10

>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Dec 24, 2017 9:29 AM

Sep 2017
WTH ?! A backstory on episode 12? With a cliffhanger ending ?

Why am i mad about here ... It's a light novel adaptation to begin with ... So this is normal ... If we can get a closure OVA or something to fill that cliffhanger of an ending that will be not nice ... The story is about an MC who really wishes to have a little sister ...

But that fuc*ing ending was total nothing ... 20% backstory, 70% rip-off monopoly game, 10% cliffhanger ending ...
Dec 24, 2017 9:55 AM

Jul 2017
I also am joining the bad ending train

That ending reminded me of the ending of Mayo Chiki. It felt like the previous episode was more of an ending than the last one was
Dec 24, 2017 9:56 AM
Mar 2015
Interesting backstory but it should have been at the beginning not the ending. Now we know why little sisters are driving his writing , but the revelation that he has a little sister might ruin it
Dec 24, 2017 10:03 AM
May 2017
This is the last episode of this anime but it seems there is a hints for second season . I really hope so i love this anime and i want a 2nd season
Dec 24, 2017 10:36 AM
Jul 2017
How come the manga and ln don't have full volume one translations ;(
Dec 24, 2017 10:43 AM

Dec 2013
YoshiTrops said:
How come the manga and ln don't have full volume one translations ;(

That's because the LN is licensed by Yen Press, the first volume will be released in May 2018 !
What do you think about the planetarium? That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter when....
Dec 24, 2017 10:53 AM

Dec 2014
meh I was ok with the finally it had been more awesome if the protagonist discovered that he already had a little sister
Dec 24, 2017 11:10 AM

Aug 2013
A decent ending, I guess.

The board game they played was hilarious. Poor Haruto, even in the game his anime was a failure.

It was a fun show overall and I enjoyed watching it. I would like to see a second season if it gets one. 7/10

Dec 24, 2017 11:16 AM

Jul 2014
What kind of ending is this?
He didnt even find out that his so called lil step brother is actually a lil sister...
This was such a weak ending...
Dec 24, 2017 11:43 AM
Jul 2017
What an univentfull finale! This is straight up horsepiss! I will choos to see this as filler and nothing else! The series ended in ep11 with Itsuki confessing his love without knowing she was awake! Goodbight and merry christmas!
Fight me!
Dec 24, 2017 11:53 AM

Nov 2015
Seems like that girl befriended him only cause she heard he was reading novels(and is alike to her love interest), and cosplayed for him -> to cosplay for a guy she liked, but honestly he should be glad for it, i mean he got Nayuta coz:D she's easily best.

Seems like hes creativity might die along with getting to know he actually got imouto:( I still think it should be little bro. I mean i dunno what author wants to do with her but... seems pointless from what we got so far.

Really enjoyed this show it was fun, though it ends up with another shit anime being made, novel at least is good-> but from what they were showing i wouldn't enjoy reading hes ln anyways-> maybe if editor wouldn't block hes wild imagination then... i might.
Dec 24, 2017 12:17 PM

Jul 2014
Besides some over-the-top fanservice and eye-roll inducing moments, this anime has been surprisingly good through and through.

• characters feel human and real despite certain exaggerated traits
  • the way they hang out and interact with each other feels like any other group of close friends you would see in real life (minus the over-the-top perversion)
  • the portrayal of the light novel/anime industry and the life of novel writers feels very sincere and honest. The author definitely wrote from the heart for those scenes.
  • drama is handled well. Conflicts are given enough importance to hold emotional weight without becoming melodramatic.

I'm probably in the minority that is at best apathetic at best towards Nayu's overbearing nature. She is like the show's sole excuse to deliver gratuitous fanservice (really? She just has to grope other woman's breasts to get 'inspiration' for her novel? And of course the girls begrudgingly allow her after a tiny bit of convincing. Such is the way of audience pandering). But I'd be lying if I said she didn't make me laugh out loud at times with her crazy antics; especially in the board games.

Anyways, I want say this is the surprise of the season. But for most people that title is probably already taken by Houseki no Kuni, while Netjuu no Susume actually takes that spot for me. Even Blend-S was unbelievably fun for what should have been just another CGDCT show. So I guess Imouto sae Ireba Ii gets the "show that everyone thought was trash but actually turned out good" award
Dec 24, 2017 12:54 PM
Apr 2016
Itachi_0893 said:
This whole anime was uneventful but was entertaining to watch, I have no intention of reading the novels because it is almost imposible for the best girl (Miyako) to win at the end, but will like some spoilers or even better, summaries of the volumes after what was adapted but as I can't find anything I guess I'll just forget that this even existed in a few months.

well its miyako's fault for not winning over itsuki
if she had confessed him
things would have been different
but she rather supported nayu

but who cares
because itsuki kissed nayu in the LN
I saw some illustration
Dec 24, 2017 1:01 PM

Sep 2013
Itsuki flashback, his maid's daughter playing with him but doesn't see him as a boyfriend even though she went after the same type of guy :'(
A game to illustrate the harshness of writing careers, miyako deciding to be an editor and Itsuki accepting the anime even though it'll most likely be shit.
7/10 just for the pleb filter at the start.
Dec 24, 2017 1:15 PM

May 2017
So how can we not have season 2? I want to see Itsuki's anime, Miyako being an editor!
Dec 24, 2017 1:22 PM
Dec 2017
If they didn't sayed 'thank you for watching' I would have thought there is another chapter is going to come ..even though ending was strange still it told about his ex, sister thinking about telling truth.And to become editor..any way another light novel adopted anime ended with no news about second season..
Dec 24, 2017 2:06 PM

Jan 2017
will ayane(elder sister) shown up later in the novel ?
Dec 24, 2017 2:17 PM

Feb 2008
What with introduce for a a new character?
When she didn't actually end up showing up at all in end.
I actually do want them to somewhat meet again but his life was kind of lonely path all way until he became a novel writer.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Dec 24, 2017 2:48 PM

Jun 2017
The way this ended pretty much screams a future season imo so hoping for that.

Despite the cringy start with the early episodes this show turned out pretty decent although Nayu and Miyako were carrying it hard.

Dec 24, 2017 3:36 PM

Nov 2013
UglyBarnacle said:
Besides some over-the-top fanservice and eye-roll inducing moments, this anime has been surprisingly good through and through.

• characters feel human and real despite certain exaggerated traits
  • the way they hang out and interact with each other feels like any other group of close friends you would see in real life (minus the over-the-top perversion)
  • the portrayal of the light novel/anime industry and the life of novel writers feels very sincere and honest. The author definitely wrote from the heart for those scenes.
  • drama is handled well. Conflicts are given enough importance to hold emotional weight without becoming melodramatic.

I'm probably in the minority that is at best apathetic at best towards Nayu's overbearing nature. She is like the show's sole excuse to deliver gratuitous fanservice (really? She just has to grope other woman's breasts to get 'inspiration' for her novel? And of course the girls begrudgingly allow her after a tiny bit of convincing. Such is the way of audience pandering). But I'd be lying if I said she didn't make me laugh out loud at times with her crazy antics; especially in the board games.

Anyways, I want say this is the surprise of the season. But for most people that title is probably already taken by Houseki no Kuni, while Netjuu no Susume actually takes that spot for me. Even Blend-S was unbelievably fun for what should have been just another CGDCT show. So I guess Imouto sae Ireba Ii gets the "show that everyone thought was trash but actually turned out good" award

Agreed on all points. People (un?)surprisingly took as little as 3 minutes to drop this show, but by the end of it this show proved to be anything but an unwarranted ecchi with no plot to speak of. The only part that felt somewhat contrived, in a literary sense, was the Nayu backstory flashback providing the reasoning for her unconditional love for Itsuki. Besides being a little on the melodramatic side it seemed too cliche and a blatant appeal to emotion, much like the common empathy sowing cut-and-paste backstory that involves a character's parents having died, perhaps their siblings or even entire extended family as well. That such a comically upbeat character had this kind of backstory felt unnecessary. Of course Nayu as a character was easily a free shot at fan service, but it was delivered in a way that could almost be entirely overlooked as the whole show ran with that kind of humour.

Still, the fact that such a show could go from one of their laughter inducing table-side games, or humorous conversations that push the limits of reason, to several minutes of sombre 1-on-1 dialogue, was a mark of excellence. That they could package in 20 minutes on multiple occasions such a parabolic arc, from OP, to mid-episode humour, and back down to mellow and at times depressing end-of-episode dialogue, hinting at the tangled mess of relationships and the lack of progress for any of them, was very well executed. So much so it never ceased to surprise me how quickly and seamlessly several episodes managed the transition. One moment they're playing an RPG/story game with nudity and excessively lewd actions, the next one of the characters shows an extremely human side of them and actually stands out as a person rather than a comedic caricature. As seemingly out of place as it may be, that is a textbook indication of literary excellence.

While Houseki, Netjuu, and Blend-S were each a different flavour of good, and roughly in the same ballpark in terms of well executed one-cours, Imouto sae Ireba ranks surprisingly well among them. Even if for many a half-step behind due to some of its extravagant moments that do not cater to as wide an audience as the former 3 tend to even at their most extreme, taken as a whole it remained cohesive and enjoyable. The difference in enjoyment was marginal between the lot, and I found all 4 enjoyable in different ways, at times in an overlapping manner especially where comedy was concerned.

Unfortunately the first 3 minutes will remain a strong focal point, and the show will likely remain bombarded by people who put anything that remotely approaches morally questionable themes immediately in a blacklist. May as well accept that this show is "trash" but likeable, despite the marked increase in rating over the course of the season and clear indication many people had changed their minds, provided they actually watched the fucking show, there are plenty of those who received it poorly and don't bother to really reason why they might feel that way.

Hell within the first weeks of airing the show ranked something like <6.5 iirc, and saw no end to the mentioning of "omg first 3 minutes is all u need to see, show is shit." When such is the case, for a show with 1 or 2 episodes out and just barely setting the stage for its narrative, you may as well give up entirely on the most vocal minority.

Dec 24, 2017 3:38 PM

Mar 2014
Pretty alright anime, had to be one of more strangest animes that starts in a "WTF" situation.

A question for any light novel readers, when does Itsuki find out the truth about chihiro, otherwise when does she tell him the truth?

Also is there a illustration for that in the novel lol
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Dec 24, 2017 4:02 PM

May 2015
Hmm, ok finale in my opinion.

It was a pretty enjoyable show for me. Wouldn't mind another season at all.

8/10.

Dec 24, 2017 4:23 PM
Mar 2016
So, everything started when Itsulki met Ayane Mitahora, poor boy, got rejected .
WhoahohoDec 24, 2017 4:29 PM
Dec 24, 2017 4:26 PM

Jan 2017
it was a good show. the ending really wanted me to grab and continue on novel but shiz aint gonna wait over translation.

I really look forward for Ayane Mitahora present, her second thoughts and expression meeting and knowing Itsuki as a famous author.
So whos pulling out the anime adaptation? couldn't be Nayuta right? as she's always rejecting any offer.

lost my hype for Chihiro and Miyako interaction towards Itsuki, but meh, again, really wanted to grab the novel, its either wait for translation or learn Japanese - kanji.
Nevertheless, it was really good show.
Dec 24, 2017 4:52 PM
Sep 2016
Does anyone know how far the adaption went in terms of the novel
Dec 24, 2017 5:32 PM

Aug 2014
Not as fun as Haganai, but I did enjoy all the board game episodes. Not so much this game, since it was mostly a vehicle for some meta commentary. So like all two(?) of them. Also did like some of the side characters more than all of the main group, namely Accountant and Panty Ribbon. Too bad they didn't show up more. Up for another season if it happens.
Sieg Zeon!
Dec 24, 2017 6:02 PM
Aug 2010
AsT5 said:
Itachi_0893 said:

well its miyako's fault for not winning over itsuki
if she had confessed him
things would have been different
but she rather supported nayu

but who cares
because itsuki kissed nayu in the LN
I saw some illustration

Well, nice to know, now I'll definitely never waste my time reading the novels.
Dec 24, 2017 6:05 PM
Mar 2017
After watching the anime,my thought......

Queen of tsundere : louise
Queen of yandere : yuno gasai
Queen of sadist : Akeno himejima
Queen of masochist: Darkness(lalatina)

Now here comes the Queen of bitch: Kani nayuta :)

need season 2.......
Dec 24, 2017 7:38 PM

Nov 2017
Well,I,for one,enjoyed the lengthy run in to the intro,and yes,the ending was left way open,and could have been better,but it was still an enjoyable end to an enjoyable series.
Like others,I was expecting the girl who rejected him to turn up again,but,hopefully,there will be either a 2nd season,or maybe an ova or something.
I can always hope :)
Dec 24, 2017 8:53 PM

Sep 2015
A Sister’s All You Need Overall Impressions:

I first researched this anime extensively the moment I had conversations with people on Discord about how the light novels of this series is extremely great. I was curious to see if those praises were correct. The moment I saw the fake-out and ending scene from the first episode, I could immediately tell that A Sister’s All You Need was going to be something really special. There was something about this anime that formed an unusual, but strong connection with me.

This might seem like an anime to avoid due to Imouto’s fan-service, incest nature. I sort of understand this complaint as Eromanga Sensei being made fun of for the same reasons in the same year of 2017 (Although I personally enjoyed Eromanga, even during my re-watch). But, the method A Sister’s All You Need approaches these subjects is very different. This anime tackles surprisingly realistic territory that is executed in the most down-to-earth manner. It has many grounded vibes that personally reminds me of my experience to Welcome to the NHK, except being less depressing and more light-hearted and comedy-focused.

A Sister’s All You Need is about exploring the struggles and reality of light novel authors. Each episode focuses on the characters playing board games, hanging out, or finding ways to make real progress on their light novel career. The former is most frequent in episodes. The board games might seem strange and uninteresting at first, but they help develop the character relationships by large degrees in various surprising ways with how each game’s rules are set up. The results from these board games can range from hilarious to heartwarming.
The characters themselves are the real spotlight. Nayu is the most endearing with her bold, shameless love for the male MC. Itsuki, Miyako, and Haruto are also great, having eccentric personalities facing a lot of struggles due to their jeopardized positions in the light novel business. Even with the entire cast having obsessed little sister tastes, the characters feel very real and are surprisingly easy to empathize with when the darkest moments come to them. By the end of the series, I was really attached to all of the characters and I did not want the anime to finish.

Overall, A Sister’s All You Need was a fantastic experience. This anime has convinced me to read the light novel series that’s soon to be released in North America by Yen Press in 2018. The realistic tone and comedic elements are great and never overused, with a strong, substantial balance of character developments and humor that create a sister anime of excellent quality. To me, Eromanga Sensei is not the successor of good incest anime like Oreimo, A Sister’s All You Need the ACTUAL spiritual successor that the genre should follow going forward.
Dec 24, 2017 8:58 PM
Jul 2016
what kind of ending was that. well, i will just hope this anime get 2nd season

Overall i love this 8/10
Dec 24, 2017 9:20 PM

Jan 2013
Thought the older sister character would make an appearance at the end.
Pretty much an open nonending.
Dec 24, 2017 10:12 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Nayuta is all you need

the true title of this anime
Dec 24, 2017 10:37 PM

Apr 2011
I feel about Itsuki's past. He lost his mom in middle school, then later got rejected by his first love.

That was a fun and realistic dice game. Despite all of them got negative points, Itsuki won and it reflects on his novel getting an anime adaptation. Miya has chosen what to do in her life now.

It does feel open ended. I wonder if there'll be new season or a special episode to wrap things up. Also, his 'lil bro' will have to tell the truth.

7/10
Dec 24, 2017 10:47 PM
Sep 2016
Ending felt a bit dry (they might have rushed it) but makes me feel excited for a season 2, the whole show is very fun and enjoyable with likable characters. Really want to see if Itsuki x Nayu ship sails, Chihiro gender reveal and Itsuki anime progress/debut in the future
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2017

104 by Miki42 »»
Jan 11, 8:02 PM

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2017

82 by Miki42 »»
Jan 8, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2017

88 by Miki42 »»
Jan 2, 7:36 AM

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2017

139 by Miki42 »»
Jan 1, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2017

231 by Miki42 »»
Jan 1, 11:12 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.