Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 6, 2017 11:56 AM

Sep 2009
^
Because das what it b m'malers.

*Actually, Japanese marriageable age for women is 17. So it's legit.
MortalMelancholyDec 27, 2017 5:22 PM
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 6, 2017 12:01 PM

Apr 2016
I never seen or read the manga before announcement of anime, so i'll see.
Dec 10, 2017 1:10 PM

Nov 2017
I have no idea how this will turn out. From the synopsis, it looks as though it could treat the subject with respect and thought, but I suppose we'll just have to wait and see. I'm very curious as to how this is going to be executed.
Dec 10, 2017 1:30 PM

May 2015
They aren't real people, so I don't care.

Dec 16, 2017 10:39 PM

Jan 2014
Plot twist: she falls in love with the guy's son.

..Jk idk. the age gap is gross

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Dec 17, 2017 9:42 AM
Dec 2017
Hylianticipated said:
It's just the Japs at it again trying to normalize pedophilia per usual.

At least get your vocabulary right:

- Pedophilia: adult carnally exploits a 12 year old or younger
(Anime is infamous for this kind of outrage: lolicon, siscon, imouto, Made in Abyss, etc.)

- Ephebophilia: adult wants a 13-16 year old. One well known example was Charlie Chaplin, unfortunately.
(By the way, age of consent is 12 in the Vatican, 13 in federal Japan and 14 in most countries of Europe.)

- 16 y.o and up: nobody's business

(In most countries of the world the age of marriage is from 18 y.o., but expedited wedding is possible reaching just 16 y.o. if the state authority for protection of children and the adolescent undersigns. That's not hard to obtain when there is a pressing reason, the groom is respectable, has stable fiscals, lacks criminal record and the bride clearly benefits from a change of her social standing.)

However, the AmeaYouni series seems to fall firmly in the third category, i.e. it's nobody's business what a 16+ school girl and a 45 y.o. restaurant manager want from each other, be it love, sex or even kids outside or inside of marriage.
Dec 17, 2017 2:55 PM

Dec 2013
It just says she is a high school student.. If she is 18 then ?? who cares.
My bf is twice my age (I'm 23, he is 46) and idk what the big deal is with age gaps.
As long as both parties are happy adults it's none of your business.
Dec 17, 2017 7:18 PM

May 2017
The age gap is tooo big ,but yeah if it's mutual then it's fine but I'm still a little bit sceptic when it comes to age gap romance ,yeah i know we live in 21st century but still it kinda feels weird
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 17, 2017 9:07 PM

Oct 2015
I am up for it as long as it mutual. Age gap doesn't stop my interest in the series.
Dec 18, 2017 11:14 PM

Oct 2015
rizuxizu said:
I am up for it as long as it mutual. Age gap doesn't stop my interest in the series.
it's not :( . At least the guy's a good guy
Dec 19, 2017 1:57 PM

Apr 2016
The guy is not weird, well you could say he's awkward in society but from the manga I can say that he's not dangerous at all. I can see why she fell for him.

"Le vent se lève!... Il faut tenter de vivre!"
- Paul Valéry, Le Cimetière Marin -

Dec 19, 2017 2:30 PM
Jul 2018
I don't really have anything against them if done right. It all really depends within context.

For this show, the romance aspect is really underlying and its not really the true focus, as its more focused on the main female protagonist and finding out the reason, but also discovering a sort of genuine resolution upon herself. If anything, since I've read the manga for this I find this really charming in its own regard.
Dec 19, 2017 5:32 PM

Jan 2014
iaia said:
Zelev said:
Plot twist: she falls in love with the guy's son.

..Jk idk.[/s]
The son is primary school age so it would just be another age gap haha
---

I've read 48 chapters of this manga so far so heres what I can say about the plot.
Its really not that bad, I know that a 17 year old and a 45 year old is a really large gap but it's done in a really tasteful and sweet way. (I don't know if this is really a spoiler but I've hidden it just incase)

There is nothing but innocent, bittersweet feeling about youth and past regrets. It's a really sweet story and the manager isn't some kind of predator like what I think a few people are thinking.

I just hope when it airs people at least try watching a few episodes before writing it off as a 'creepy age gap'

Ohh I see. Thank you, I didn't really know.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Dec 21, 2017 3:33 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
PV looked like sweet romance.
Dec 23, 2017 12:20 PM

Jul 2016
I don't think it'll be that bad. I guess we can only wait, or read the manga.
"This little girl, who's not even half my size... taught me that tears can flow even from these silver eyes." - Teresa
Dec 24, 2017 2:53 AM
Mar 2017
I'm a older woman x younger boy fan....... so I guess this anime is not for me :)

Unless old man's got a decent face......
Dec 25, 2017 4:01 AM

Jan 2017
Hmm, this is a rare story for anime, so I think it will be interesting. And PV is realy cute
Sorry for my english
Dec 25, 2017 8:30 AM

Nov 2016
Really interesting premise,haven't seen anything similar in this medium+it's a seinen and since I'm a sucker for romance this is definitely a must watch.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 26, 2017 12:03 AM
Jan 2016
I've got nothing wrong with a good romance, but an age gap that wide just seems creepy to me.
Dec 27, 2017 4:27 PM
Jul 2018
Not sure since I haven't seen media around it. If it's pure love then sure , it's all good. It would raise some eyebrows but it's better to just let them have romance if they truly love each other. As long as it's legal.
Dec 27, 2017 5:18 PM

Sep 2014
In like 10 years she's gonna have to deal with that erectile dysfunction.
Dec 29, 2017 9:54 PM

Dec 2013
I highly doubt there's any romance in this with that age gap. My guess is it's predominately youth meets maturity, past regrets/experiences, future fears, etc. - like Lost in Translation, possibly.
DouluoDec 29, 2017 9:59 PM
Dec 29, 2017 10:13 PM

Feb 2015
I've read the manga, for the most part I enjoy it and it isn't at all creepy.

That said, anything more than about a 10 year difference is what I find to be quite frankly, disgusting. But to each their own.
Dec 30, 2017 4:04 PM
Dec 2017
Hey can anyone help me, im sorry for intruding this pole but i dont know how else to post/ask
Dec 30, 2017 4:06 PM
Nov 2017
This reminded me of a weird hentai I saw back in the day where the guy went "if she's old enough to bleed, she's good enough for me"
Dec 31, 2017 2:48 AM

Oct 2015
I have little problem with large age gap couples when both individuals are mature adults. What gets me is the fact that the girl is in high school, and is still very young and has little life experience. I'm not sure if the girl is old and wise enough to understand what she is getting into, since she doesn't even know what adult life is like yet.

I'm interested to see how the series goes about consoling the age gap issue. And by interested I mean amused.
Jan 1, 2018 11:23 PM
Jan 2016
Having read the manga, I'm fine with it and know they'll handle it well.

It'll be amusing to see how many people cry about it before even seeing what it's about because they can only imagine a romance story developing one way.
Jan 2, 2018 2:56 AM
Sep 2014
Paulo_Goncalves said:
As a 37 year old guy i would love a beautiful 17 girl or more.. haha

One interesting aspect.. Anime is not only for 20year old guys and girls. There are a lot of 30 and older people watching. I bet this is another attempt to connect with this year range like Inuyashiki was. I dont know...

Ok, that's gross.
Jan 2, 2018 3:03 AM

Nov 2013
It’s not that big of a deal when the age difference isn’t that noticeable like in Blend S. I don’t know anything about this series, so Idk how it’s gonna be.

If the guy looks old though and the girl is too young, then it could be a bit of a turn-off. I can’t really think of anything atm that was a big turn-off because of the age difference.

I thought the relationship between Sansa Stark and Littlefinger from Game of Thrones was weird. Anything like that I guess.
Jan 2, 2018 3:54 AM

Feb 2016
I guess it's not a big deal if they are doing it right. I've read few chapters of the Manga and it's actually pretty good from what I've seen.

I will not believe that everything is controlled by fate.

ll X ll
Jan 2, 2018 5:27 AM
Dec 2017
One thing to consider is that Japan's young male generation have become "herbivore" to a large degree, so they only want waifu hug pillows or not even that any more. They just don't long for the flesh of real women.

Thus it is quite possible a 16-17 y.o. japanese high school girl of average or below average graces would never be taken by any age peer, due to low total amount of sexually motivated young men and she would end up living with cats for life. That's unless the 45 y.o. restaurant manager appeared on scene and took care of her. So they marry, have kids, kids grow up and leave, guy passes away at 75, girl is now a woman and still has a life to choose in business or even a second marriage at 47 or so. Much better an outcome compared to a "nekokomori".

Thus practical demographical considerations and personal happiness are also important issues besides "scarlet letter era" protestant moralizing. (Catholics really never had a problem with e.g. 13yo Juliet and 15yo Romeo.)
Tacsk0Jan 3, 2018 3:04 PM
Jan 2, 2018 5:31 AM

Oct 2015
Disgusting, i am not going to watch it. The age gap is too great.
Jan 2, 2018 4:15 PM

Jan 2011
I just read the manga (well, most of the chapters, there are some that are such a complete bore that I just scrolled trough). I think the age difference won't even be the main problem of the show, it will be the "plot" :/
The manga story is just that bad, there is next to no character development and all relationships looked completely "just because the author wants it so" to me. I did not see anything that would even remotely explain why the female lead is so madly in love with her boss. The author throws mad amounts of effort to make the male "lead" look as pathetic as possible, wtf is his problem?!? I don't understand this, its like the author wants to tell us "no matter how pathetic or old you are, be nice and keep dreaming, there is that gorgeous teenage girl that will fall for you just like that".

Really, the only good thing about this crap is the art. And its not even that great, its just good and completely wasted on this "story".

I will give the show a shot, but if I hear "tenchou" more that 20 times in a single episode I think it will be instant drop for me :D
AlexGKJan 2, 2018 4:20 PM
Jan 2, 2018 4:54 PM
Jul 2018
Huge ass age gap. Just thinking about the difference makes me feel so uncomfortable. She can be his daughter.

Yup. I'm so avoiding this.
Jan 2, 2018 10:02 PM
Jan 2009
LeeTailor said:
This show sounds like "what if the child high school student consents tho" the anime. "Oh, he's such a nice guy™, no one else understands him but a high school girl. He's so nice, in fact, that he's totes not attracted to her." I'm not judging anyone who is interested in this show (I might just check out the first episode myself, and I'm not going to pretend that I haven't read worse than this), but I'm sure it's going to be funny when people on MAL will bend over backwards to try to argue how it's actually totally okay to date a teenager as a 40-year-old man as long as you're nice. dae le man of culture

[...]

By the way, just because something is legal / illegal, doesn't mean it's unambiguously okay / not okay. Remember how slavery used to be legal in the United States and other places, and how homosexuality is illegal in Russia, and lots of other countries? So the "who cares it's legal/illegal" is not really a useful argument when we're discussing whether something is morally reprehensible or not.

You basically touched on my feelings on the subject. It may not necessarily be what it sounds like, but that *is* what it sounds like.
Pie is delicious.

Jan 3, 2018 2:40 AM

Jan 2011
Well, I had a 17 year old GF (my first one) when I was 19.
Then my next one was 27 when I was 22.
Then my next one was 23 when I was 25.
Then again 23 when I was 29.
And again 23 when I was 34.
Now, at 36 I am going out with a 19 year old.

All serious relationships (1+ years at least, never liked or did the one night stand crap).
I can only say the single weird one, for me, was with the older girl. Now even one day older girls is like a no-no to me, just an inner feeling.
And that is all that plays, your inner feeling. Age gap relationships can and do work for the right people.

Its just that in this crap of a "romance" manga, everything goes because the author says so. And since he really tries his best to make the male MC look as pathetic and gross as possible, people will definitely be weirded out. Just go read chapter 14, their first date, like why the hell was that pathetic crap ever needed? To show love is blind, to that extent, really :D

Wanna see age gap show done right? Watch Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii. Yea, it weirded me out, because the girl is older (my personal no-no), but I never thought the show to be crap. And I will definitely finish it when I have more free time :D

Or watch Usagi Drop and then read the manga for the ending. Even if the ending was not the one I preferred, its a great show/manga.
AlexGKJan 3, 2018 3:33 AM
Jan 3, 2018 11:07 PM

Oct 2010
I was attracted to middle-aged women when I was a child/teenager. I'd rather watch an anime with that kind of age gap, but sadly they tend to be hentai. :/ Or a "Harold and Maude" type romance, even. Say with an obaachan like the one in Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou.

I'm avoiding this show for now because I'm afraid that any drama with third parties would be painful to watch.

"Not once does Koi wa Ameagari make light of the fact that its main characters are 30 years apart. It wants you to understand that the two are facing a monumental hill in order to ever be together." - manga review by @84DaysWithout https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=241979
Jan 4, 2018 12:53 AM

Aug 2015
AlexGK said:
I just read the manga (well, most of the chapters, there are some that are such a complete bore that I just scrolled trough). I think the age difference won't even be the main problem of the show, it will be the "plot" :/
The manga story is just that bad, there is next to no character development and all relationships looked completely "just because the author wants it so" to me. I did not see anything that would even remotely explain why the female lead is so madly in love with her boss. The author throws mad amounts of effort to make the male "lead" look as pathetic as possible, wtf is his problem?!? I don't understand this, its like the author wants to tell us "no matter how pathetic or old you are, be nice and keep dreaming, there is that gorgeous teenage girl that will fall for you just like that".

Really, the only good thing about this crap is the art. And its not even that great, its just good and completely wasted on this "story".

I will give the show a shot, but if I hear "tenchou" more that 20 times in a single episode I think it will be instant drop for me :D

A minor correction, but I'm pretty sure the author is a woman.
Jan 4, 2018 2:15 AM
Jan 2016
AlexGK said:

Sounds like you did a little too much skimming.
Jan 4, 2018 2:47 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
It's pretty large but I don't care. I didn't think anything was going to beat the 17 year age gap in JR but lets see how well this does.
Jan 4, 2018 4:27 AM

Sep 2017
The age gap is way too large, that guy could practically be a father. So no, I'm avoiding it.

“If you live for yourself you’ve only got yourself to blame. So I can’t really blame anyone else and I don’t have any regrets.”

list

Jan 4, 2018 4:33 AM

Feb 2016
Its disgusting really, its the reason ive been avoiding this series like the pest for a while now.
Jan 4, 2018 2:22 PM
Sep 2016
It's really disgusting.The age gap is too large.
Jan 5, 2018 6:43 AM

Jan 2011
MysteriousBanana said:
AlexGK said:

Sounds like you did a little too much skimming.

Could be. Maybe I missed something/stuff was shown retrospectively. But she confesses in like chapter 6-8 and they go on a date by 15 or so (a pathetic awkward date, btw, that she somehow loved!?) and all this time she was shown to be somehow already madly attracted and in love with him. I mean she wets herself dreaming about him (ok she was a bit ill one time, but still, OMG!). All he did was give her a coffee and a little cheer-up with it while she was waiting for the rain to pass. How do you fall so madly in love from a thing like that?!?
From what I understood the whole writing and tracking stuff happens after that, right?

And, I have to say it again, up until chapter 15 a mad effort is given by the author to show what a pathetic the old fart the male lead is. At the same time she is shown to like everything about him - how smelly he is, how his zipper is always open (OMG!), even his old looks, etc.

I know everything is possible, but all this because of a little gesture, no way... If the relationship was developed properly and believable I think the age gap would not spook people that bad. But here I expect most people will drop it after the date episode.
AlexGKJan 5, 2018 6:57 AM
Jan 5, 2018 6:33 PM
Dec 2017
I can't I just can't. That age gap is insane. I don't care if the say love goes beyond all barriers. I've watched to much anime and hentai and other stuff that old men befriending young girls littiraly give me nightmares. But I'll still watch
Jan 5, 2018 10:11 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
New PV

STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 5, 2018 10:43 PM

May 2015
youthful said:
Huge ass age gap. Just thinking about the difference makes me feel so uncomfortable. She can be his daughter.

Yup. I'm so avoiding this.

Crying over nothing huh?

Jan 6, 2018 2:00 AM

Nov 2015
Nice new key visual :)
Jan 6, 2018 3:06 AM
Jan 2016
AlexGK said:
Could be. Maybe I missed something/stuff was shown retrospectively. But she confesses in like chapter 6-8 and they go on a date by 15 or so (a pathetic awkward date, btw, that she somehow loved!?) and all this time she was shown to be somehow already madly attracted and in love with him. I mean she wets herself dreaming about him (ok she was a bit ill one time, but still, OMG!). All he did was give her a coffee and a little cheer-up with it while she was waiting for the rain to pass. How do you fall so madly in love from a thing like that?!?
From what I understood the whole writing and tracking stuff happens after that, right?

And, I have to say it again, up until chapter 15 a mad effort is given by the author to show what a pathetic the old fart the male lead is. At the same time she is shown to like everything about him - how smelly he is, how his zipper is always open (OMG!), even his old looks, etc.

I know everything is possible, but all this because of a little gesture, no way... If the relationship was developed properly and believable I think the age gap would not spook people that bad. But here I expect most people will drop it after the date episode.

The track and field thing starts as early as the first chapter and the writing stuff is hinted at chapter 16, but you don't start to really see it until after 21.

Jan 6, 2018 4:19 AM
May 2015

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2018

215 by bakakisima »»
Apr 4, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2018

63 by bakakisima »»
Apr 4, 10:28 AM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2018

62 by bakakisima »»
Apr 1, 1:12 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2018

84 by bakakisima »»
Apr 1, 12:31 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2018

70 by bakakisima »»
Mar 30, 12:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.