Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Land of the Lustrous
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Nov 26, 2017 7:53 AM

Feb 2015
daftpunkliker said:
Echo13243 said:

Whose sword was it, btw?

Antarticite sword had saw-like teeth

Yeah it was.

It could be just new sword made by Obsidian.

From preview:
I'm watching anime since 2012. I also play games, sometimes.

Don't bother me if you want to 'become friends' or things like that.
It's tiresome. I know you just want to collect some meaningless numbers.
Thought: How many people sparked H. Charlotta just for blue pot?
Nov 26, 2017 8:45 AM
Dec 2015
daftpunkliker said:
Echo13243 said:

Whose sword was it, btw?

Antarticite sword had saw-like teeth

It is Antartarcticite's sword. When Antarc was fighting the lunarians, their grenade-like traps wrapped the sword and deformed it into its current condition. When Phos is running towards the lunarians with her new arms, you can even see that she is using it.

I don't have screenshots from the anime, but here is the page in the manga when it happened:
Nov 26, 2017 10:07 AM

Nov 2011
The final part of Phos's pursuit in an attempt to save Antarctica is very sad. How bad we got to see Phos, all shattered in the master's arms. The Seleniuses have become really smart, who knows how they will respond to this evolution of the wicked, Phos and companions. Really great the graphics and sound, I did not think that it came to combine minerals with metal, Phos's character, is taking on a really complex and strange composition. Touching the ending.
Nov 26, 2017 10:11 AM

Feb 2015
@Apsidelos Thanks for pointing this out, I didn't notice that it changed shape.
@daftpunkliker some cuts from anime:

Nov 26, 2017 10:17 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
It seems that the ice flows are conspiring to stop Antarticite though. So Phos has now also lost her arms as well then. The masters reaction at seeing Pho's though was priceless. Antarticite really tries to take all responsibility by herself huh. So the chord shore was where they were all born at then. The skies sure cleared at an inopportune time though. The luna's were smart to launch simultaneous attacks on both the school and at Pho's and Antarticite. Its funny how Pho's new limbs resulted in her being trapped in a gold block though. Well Pho's gained a new set of arms but Antacticite was lost defending her. The ending theme though was appropriate as it sounded like a mourning one.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 26, 2017 10:32 AM
Aug 2017
Thank you guys!

Honestly I thought it was Antarcticite's sword but I didn't understand that the grenades had warped it. Thanks for pointing it out and providing screenshots!
Nov 26, 2017 11:13 AM
⚧ | 愛と平和

Oct 2010
Has anyone thought of how the insides of the main Lunarians/Tsukijin looks like either lotus root or chikuwabu? And I've said it before, but it's worth repeating: These characters have the nicest asses of any asexual character ever! And now, a screenshot that shows both. ^_^

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot this: Phos' new arms remind me of someone...

Many replies below, so spoilers to reduce length.

I'm using feminine pronouns for Phos because while I understand that the gem-people are asexual, they do seem to have gender. Phos is quite a bit more feminine than masculine, so female pronouns it is. Antarcticite is slightly more masculine, so male pronouns for him.

Reply to @Zantius:

Reply to @daftpunkliker:

Reply to @Smudy:

Reply to @Chimerared:

Reply to @Inugirlz:

Reply to @MistLiigh:

Reply to @Ikitsune8:

✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
“The right to think is the beginning of freedom, and speech must be protected
from the government because speech is the beginning of thought.”
  — Ashcroft v.Free Speech Coalition,
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
Nov 26, 2017 11:47 AM
Aug 2017
kyoudai said:

daftpunkliker said:
Can we all agree on the fact this episode was the worst so far? Phos is shattered, Antarc is gone, and Kongo-sensei seems to have been in a tense fight.

Worst as in tragic events, but spectacular in production quality, and enough for me to bump my rating to 9. I have 16 titles I've rated 10 out of nearly 1,300 on my list (1.2%). I have extremely high criteria for 10's. But I think this series just might make it before the end. If you mean it's a bad episode/poorly made/boring, then no, you're probably very much in the minority on that.[/spoiler]

Oh yeah I meant as in tragic events, and worst time for the characters in the episode.
This show is great, I've already put it in my 10's
Nov 26, 2017 12:24 PM

Sep 2013
Antarc blocked by the ice and loses phos arms, the Lunarians show up and she taken :'(
The gold really love phos, her connection must be special.
Nov 26, 2017 12:45 PM

Sep 2011
kyoudai said:

MistLiigh said:
I haven't read the manga (that might change though if we don't get a season 2 announcement soon after the season ends), but it's becoming painfully clear that one of if not the primary theme of this show is about the dangers of not being able to accept oneself and trying to forcefully change. Phos is becoming stronger, but at what cost? Based on that preview, I'm going to go with "everything that made her unique and lovable."

I think along with that is the theme of "how much can you change and still remain the same?" The way the inclusions work, the mind (and soul, if they have one) is not centered in the brain but instead spread throughout the whole body. By losing and replacing parts piecemeal, Phos is slowly losing chunks of herself, her memory, her identity, and what makes her Phos instead of a different chunk of phosphophyllite. The more she loses, the more she becomes Not-Phos. Each time she loses a part, it's like a partial lobotomy for humans. And at what point is she more Not-Phos than Phos? Can she also replace her torso and still be Phos? What about her head? I didn't watch the preview (preferring to read ahead in the manga instead), but it seems that this is a theme we're going to be faced with next week.

Yes, something like the classic Ship of Theseus: if over the years you gradually replace every piece of a boat until not even a single nail is left from the original ship, is it still the same ship, and if not, then at what point did it stop being the same ship? Only here, instead of a ship it's a living thing and, more importantly, its memories.
"EVERYBODY, CLAP YOUR HANDS!"

"PLUS ULTRA!"
Nov 26, 2017 1:44 PM

Dec 2016
It annoys the hell out of me at how unknown and underrated this show is because it is beautiful, funny, awesome, has dark moments, has nice moments, but still no one talks about it! Whatever, at least I know of it and am enjoying the shit out of it!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Nov 26, 2017 2:13 PM
Oct 2017
This episode shows once more why this anime is so amazing. They never told you anything about the universe, there was no narrator explaining the rules of this universe, the only hints that we get about how this world works is through dialogue between the characters, by doing that the world building is extremely slow, but the amoung of immersion you get by doing it that way is unbelieveable!

And god dammit the point where Antarcticite just shatters right when you thought that the battle is over, was just unreal.

Isn't that the first time that someone "dies" on screen for real?
Nov 26, 2017 2:23 PM

Nov 2014
TheFreycook said:
It annoys the hell out of me at how unknown and underrated this show is because it is beautiful, funny, awesome, has dark moments, has nice moments, but still no one talks about it! Whatever, at least I know of it and am enjoying the shit out of it!

Yeah, this definitely needs more people talking about it.
Nov 26, 2017 4:18 PM

Apr 2009
TheFreycook said:

You took the words right out of my mouth. I couldn't agree more. Why is this "gem" (lol pun) of a show so under the radar? I just don't understand. Is it because it's filled with androgynous genderless (yet beautiful) beings, and not some beefy muscle cakes and/or curvy T&A? Is it because this kind of story doesn't scream "bad arse" or "smexy" or "lol gag comedy"?

This episode was breathtaking. Things turned even more serious, and loss of Antarcticite (sp?) was heartfelt. Aww, I'm gonna miss that cool gem. Additionally, poor Phos... I think she always means well, despite her antics, but she's just too weak and fragile to be successful, even with new set of legs and arms. However, hopefully it would mean she would mature and learn from all this... and maybe even become strong too.
To be or not to be... that is not the question. ;3
Nov 26, 2017 5:18 PM

Jul 2009
kyoudai said:

I'm using feminine pronouns for Phos because while I understand that the gem-people are asexual, they do seem to have gender. Phos is quite a bit more feminine than masculine, so female pronouns it is. Antarcticite is slightly more masculine, so male pronouns for him.

Maybe it's just a weird stubborn feeling I personally have, but I can't stop seeing Phos as a boy.

To me he seems like a tomboy, which in real life would make him a boyish girl. But since they're asexual, there's no point in even having the girl part. Hence my views. Antarcticite definitely comes off as a boy. Dia a girl and Bort a boy or again, an extreme tomboy.
Nov 26, 2017 6:17 PM

Mar 2009
What a sad episode. Poor Antarcticite...
Nov 26, 2017 7:07 PM

Feb 2016
didn't sensei shoot two strings of sorts toward the lunarians ?? what was that ?
Nov 26, 2017 8:43 PM
Oct 2017
Asunakob said:
didn't sensei shoot two strings of sorts toward the lunarians ?? what was that ?

The same thing he used when rescuing Amethysts.
Nov 26, 2017 10:23 PM

Jan 2011
this episode was amazing knew this show was gonna be a keeper if it kept it up, score keeps bumping up to guess more people are coming around to it now.

Phos really can't catch a break with just being cursed bad luck and those around her will always end up suffering not to mention how useless she must feel after all of this without being blamed.
Nov 26, 2017 11:04 PM
⚧ | 愛と平和

Oct 2010
Inugirlz said:
kyoudai said:

Maybe it's just a weird stubborn feeling I personally have, but I can't stop seeing Phos as a boy.

To me he seems like a tomboy, which in real life would make him a boyish girl. But since they're asexual, there's no point in even having the girl part. Hence my views. Antarcticite definitely comes off as a boy. Dia a girl and Bort a boy or again, an extreme tomboy.

I would mostly agree with you, and I can see what you mean about Phos being a tomboy. Since they are asexual, Phos should have only one gender representation (masculine or feminine), whereas "tomboy" implies masculine behavior by a female. Maybe instead of being tomboyish, Phos's gender is more similar to that of a prepubescent child, neither feminine nor masculine, since sexual differentiation hasn't really kicked in, and has simply no gender expression at all. (Phos is the youngest one. Maybe still young enough to be their equivalent of prepubescent, if they have one.) Along the same lines, I totally see Red Beryl as otokonoko/femboy. ^_^ But whereas Phos has no or very little gender expression, Red Beryl has an abundance of it.

Phos does use "boku" as the first-person pronoun, somewhat implying male or tomboy. If I had read the manga before starting the anime, I might feel very differently about all of them, but I think their voices really influenced how I see them. The hairstyle has a bit to do with it too, so perhaps next week I will see Phos as more of a boy or tomboy than I have to this point.

Most of the others (Yellow, Zircon, etc.) are slightly more feminine (perhaps in catering to the audience's tastes), with the exception of Rutile, who I see — at the risk of stereotyping — as a "butch lesbian" type: flannel shirts, Doc Marten boots, very short hair, drives a Jeep. (No offense intended to lesbians or Jeep drivers.) Though again, lesbian implies that the character is female, but Rutile is asexual. And Euclase, I'm not quite sure of, but probably the most androgynous of all of them.

Perhaps what it comes down to is that we have no accurate way to describe their gender expression in the absence of physical sex. We often describe gender expression as being contradictory to their sex: "tomboy", "femboy", "butch". Without sex, those terms become mostly meaningless. If they were humans with sexual differentiation, Red Beryl would be too feminine to be a girl, and Bort would be too masculine to be a boy. They're the embodiment of exaggerated femininity and masculinity, respectively.

On a spectrum with feminine on the left and masculine on the right, I see them more or less in this order:

Red Beryl > (feminine archetype) > Dia > Amethyst
> Phos(totally androgynous)Euclase <
Cinnabar < Jade < Antarcticite < Rutile < Sensei(masculine archetype) < Bort

: more feminine or approximately equal to
: more masculine or approximately equal to
: approximately equal to

In general, I'm just glad to see a wide variety of gender representation in an anime. It's unusual, but refreshing — and appreciated. Especially unusual since they aren't particularly sexualized… other than those short shorts and amazing butts. (Which I also appreciate. ^_~) hehe
“The right to think is the beginning of freedom, and speech must be protected
from the government because speech is the beginning of thought.”
  — Ashcroft v.Free Speech Coalition,
Nov 26, 2017 11:27 PM
Apr 2016
Broken Phos was repaired with a technique Kintsugi for Japanese tea ceremony.

OtakuCalendarJapan.com for Houseki no Kuni
Nov 27, 2017 2:08 PM
May 2017
I think this is the "character development" Phos goes through that people were talking about. I plan to read the manga because I really like the art-style and the story is interesting. But I have yet to buy the physical copies.

I can't wait to see what Phos can do with her arms after this and how surprised all the other gems will be when they get back.
Nov 27, 2017 8:58 PM

Aug 2013
VarunaBles said:
Chimerared said:

I'm sure it is but that doesn't take away anything from what I said, in fact it only reinforces it, there's been no growth in eight episodes of a twelve episode series. Don't get me wrong, I still like this story and I still like Phos and that's why I currently have this anime at an 8/10 but it's getting more and more frustrating. Whatever Phos changes into it better start happening soon and it better be worth it.

Just know that this isn't the type of series that let's it's protagonist off just because he becomes stronger and more mature. In fact, Phos maturing is the reason why the plot begins to get darker and darker. He has to deal with the side effects.

This is obvious if you've watched the preview.

This is OBVIOUS if you watch the preview. Yea, that one fucking frame out of the entire preview REALLY gave it all away there. SO OBVIOUS, it clearly all makes sense now.
Nov 27, 2017 9:09 PM

Aug 2013
Good to see 8 episodes in and people are still bitching about which gender people are referring to them as like its fucking triggered snowflake paradise here. Rather than just not complain about what word anyone choses to use since they have no gender so word choice doesn't matter, it always has to turn into some massive debate. IT DOESNT MATTER! THEY HAVE NO GENDER! THEY'RE NOT REAL! EITHER WORD WORKS!

On a related note, good to see 8 episodes in and people are still bitching about the rating of the show too. It went from almost to 6 to almost an 8 before the show is even close to over...and that's still not good enough for you people? Are you going to keep whining until it's a 9.9? It's already rated higher than 2/3 of the shows on here and it's not good enough? Are you going to protest the MAL admins until they raise the scale to 15/10 for this show?

My goodness, of course an enjoyable show this season doesn't come without the caveat of a bunch of MAL whiners ruining it in the episode threads every week.

Ugh, now that that rant is over, I'm convinced after this episode that "Sensei" probably isn't 100% a good guy, and is most definitely hiding something. He's always seemed a tad sketchy, but the way the Lunarians seemed to almost worship him there seemed odd, and when he saved Phos with his tattered robes, he was rocking some serious villainy vibes.
Nov 28, 2017 12:14 AM

May 2017
BlackstarFallen said:
I felt nothing on what happened to Antarcticite. His fight was pretty cool though. He did his best. Phos tried to save him with all that gold on her, but she couldn't do anything. Oh well. Her uselessness putting others in danger is getting annoying. She is just a bad luck magnet who should stay away from the others so she can't cause them more pain.

Ugh!

I can't take this anymore with the "he", "him" and "his"

And yes I know they're genderless

But c'mon we a male character (Sensei), the gems looks 100% females

You've made me create a topic for this

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1687221&show=0
LairucremNov 28, 2017 12:35 AM
Nov 28, 2017 12:45 AM

Oct 2008
Most intense episode yet!
and Phos really went all out anger and rampage because Antarcticite has fallen!
Looks like Phos is the most Hybrid of them all huh...golden arms? lolz
5/5.

Nov 28, 2017 12:46 AM

Nov 2014
Jonesy974 said:
This is OBVIOUS if you watch the preview. Yea, that one fucking frame out of the entire preview REALLY gave it all away there. SO OBVIOUS, it clearly all makes sense now.

Oh? What evidence do you have to the contrary, then?
Phos just lost his first real mentor and partner, it has been shown clearly that the gems hate losing partners. They're sensitive about that. Add the fact that the show is clearly heading for a darker storyline and simply showing post-winter arc Phos's face is enough to clue in people.
Or at least I thought it would but that seems to not be the case lol.
Perhaps I should've mentioned that "Spring" was the title of the next episode even though it's Winter right now, hinting at.........well hopefully you get what I'm saying or else I'd be even more disappointed. XD

This is all besides the fact that the manga exists and I could just simply spout spoilers.

VarunaBlesNov 28, 2017 12:58 AM
Nov 28, 2017 7:38 AM

Jul 2017
Jonesy974 said:

It's 1-2 seconds, not just a frame. They also post the frame on their official Twitter, so it should be pretty damn obvious.
Also another one for the next episode, taken from the episode summary page from the official site.

Nov 28, 2017 6:13 PM
Dec 2015
This was such a great episode. I'm glad that this show is animated in CG, because that gold is beautiful. The way that this show has slowly been slipping into this darkness is phenomenal. At one point of watching the show, I just stopped and said, this is dark. I was almost shocked since it had progressed so much from the tone of the beginning. Tragedy after tragedy happens, and yet it keeps going getting darker still. With the way the show is going, I can't see a happy ending, but I still hope one is in sight. Pho's character progression is amazing, although for the past few episodes its almost as if Cinnabar is all but forgotten.

Nov 28, 2017 9:22 PM

Aug 2012
-the beginning of the dive sequence was pretty sick
-phos h i t s t h e d a 🅱🅱🅱🅱🅱🅱
-the chord shore is actually pretty cool in concept
-uh oh
-antarcticite using her saw as a fuckin assault snowboard is pretty cool
-on second thought, these new lunarian designs are pretty great, so i guess episode 6 wasn't a total garbage dump
-hey it's a fez cube
-ouch, seems like everyone phos becomes partners with just can't get a break, although this is the first time that any of them have actually been harvested
-yeah i still don't get why bingo bongo agreed to let phos join in on the winter shift anyway

So I didn't really appreciate the new designs for Lunarians until literally halfway through this episode. It wasn't until I saw the grenadier tentacles that I realized that the pretty much every Lunarian shown before episode 6 was the exact same type, and both of the new Lunarians are pretty cool. Aside from that, the episode had a pretty decent action sequence with Antarcticite using the saw as a snowboard to outmaneuver the Lunarians. The little diving sequence at the beginning was also pretty nice. I didn't really think that Phos using her new arms for the first time was too notable other than maybe the recoil damage inflicted to Phos. I didn't really enjoy it too much because it wasn't too visually spectacular, but I also didn't really hate it. It seems like from the preview that she'll use the new arms more, so I'll be waiting to see how they continue that. In any case this was a pretty average episode for the show.
Nov 28, 2017 9:32 PM

Jun 2017
ThreePercent said:

I didn't really enjoy it too much because it wasn't too visually spectacular

Phos emerging from a lotus flower cocoon, using kintsugi to repair her fractures as she ran, and then falling to earth like a gold-winged Icarus:

wasn't too visually spectacular

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. :P

EDIT: Here's a clip of the big final scene: https://streamable.com/ci5xp

Just for reference. :)
sorathecrowNov 28, 2017 9:41 PM
Nov 28, 2017 10:18 PM

Feb 2015
sorathecrow said:
ThreePercent said:

I didn't really enjoy it too much because it wasn't too visually spectacular

Phos emerging from a lotus flower cocoon, using kintsugi to repair her fractures as she ran, and then falling to earth like a gold-winged Icarus:

wasn't too visually spectacular

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. :P

EDIT: Here's a clip of the big final scene: https://streamable.com/ci5xp

Just for reference. :)

It was actually nice but not perfect because they mixed drawings in few moments which normally wouldn't be bad but in this case it just doesn't match

maybe these don't look bad as static images but as animation these 2 little moments for me weren't that great.
HakaminahNov 28, 2017 10:27 PM

Nov 28, 2017 10:27 PM

Jun 2017
Hakaminah said:

It was actually nice but not perfect because they didn't used their standard cgi all the time, it looks like they mixed drawings a little.

They've mixed 2D and 3D since episode 1.

In fact, close ups as a general rule are 2D in this series.

Sources:
https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/916816271290912769
https://blog.sakugabooru.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/delicate-senpai-ownage.jpg
https://blog.sakugabooru.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/good-phos-that-im-pretty-sure-nishida-herself-drew.jpg

Some unique motion scenes are done in 2D as well, since it would be harder to capture certain effects in 3D.

Example: https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/41315

They even do full action segments in 2D, seamlessly switching to 3D. Here's a scene from Aculeatus destroying the Lunarians that were holding him hostage: https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/41314 Note how it goes from 2D Aculeatus tentacles owning 2D Lunarians, to a tentacle backhanding part of 3D Phos's face off.

So I'm not sure what point you're making--the hybrid nature of the series is a strength, rather than a weakness, and one that it's demonstrated consistently.
Nov 28, 2017 10:29 PM

Feb 2015
sorathecrow said:
Hakaminah said:

It was actually nice but not perfect because they didn't used their standard cgi all the time, it looks like they mixed drawings a little.

-0-

Edited my post later to avoid this kind of comments but I guess it's too late. I'm aware that they were doing this often but as I added it later to my comment it doesn't match the overall of that scene. It was too distracting.

Nov 29, 2017 9:50 AM

Sep 2016
This was so sad... Now I got a hole to fill in my heart.
Nov 30, 2017 5:33 AM
Apr 2017
Even Phos is actually become strong af, I don't think Phos would still be Phos....

I rather have the original Phos...
Nov 30, 2017 10:03 AM
Jun 2014
I just heard about this series this past week and am all caught up. What a great show! I can't help but like Phos, but she doesn't look too peppy in the preview.

It's quite a feat to care about the loss of Antarcticite after only knowing them for less than 2 episodes.

How much of the animation is CG? I've heard people state that it is fully-CG, but is it? It looks terrific, and I can't really imagine this show in the traditional 2D style.
Nov 30, 2017 10:10 AM

Dec 2008
I'm sick of Phos! If she would have just taken her ass to sleep like everyone else, Antar would still be alive.
Nov 30, 2017 10:31 AM

Mar 2012
Best gif. Lost arms, don't care.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Nov 30, 2017 11:36 AM

Jun 2017
John_Titor_ said:

How much of the animation is CG? I've heard people state that it is fully-CG, but is it? It looks terrific, and I can't really imagine this show in the traditional 2D style.

SakugaBlog did an article about this, actually! A lot of the closeups you see are full or partial 2D, and most of the facial expressions are 2D. Here's the link: https://blog.sakugabooru.com/2017/11/15/land-of-the-lustrous-houseki-no-kuni-production-notes-1-6/
Dec 7, 2017 5:11 AM
Mar 2012
lol Phos still quite funny armless.
Fantastic visuals, snow & clouds, that surfing Antarcticite vs exploding fish lines, and Phos literally blooming.
Still waiting on Phos getting useful seems will get there soon.
Dec 9, 2017 3:27 PM

Jan 2013
otakucalendarjp said:
Broken Phos was repaired with a technique Kintsugi for Japanese tea ceremony.

I love the fact that he/she seems to be crying :(

Never thought that I'd be this sad for a character that only appeared in two episodes.
Dec 9, 2017 4:17 PM

Feb 2013
Phos = gold blob/cube

As soon as the sun came out....
double lunarian attack! That was pretty epic.
Dec 11, 2017 1:31 PM
Sep 2015
The episode was amazing (but seeing Sensei like that was quite saddening too).
Dec 12, 2017 4:30 PM
Jul 2018
This feeling... I must have felt before... because it has been a long time since I watch this level of emotion and intense episode.

That's Sensei's feeling (at the end) I must have seen somewhere(at the ending) other on my favorite anime before. Overall direction of this anime is so outstanding and felt like they have given lot of effort into each episodes.
removed-userDec 12, 2017 4:33 PM
Dec 15, 2017 11:13 AM
Feb 2009
Asspull powerup
So this is shounen for girls?

Also plot armor
Dec 23, 2017 6:34 PM
Nov 2017
Finally Phos gets into battle, with this new development I wonder how things will progress going forward.
Dec 23, 2017 6:40 PM

Nov 2007
While the episode title was almost a giveaway, I still hoped Antarcticite could be saved at the very last moment!

That hush and Phos's scream just won't leave my head!

This episode was beyond incredible. Usually it's not that easy to get me moved for a character who just appeared for an episode yet the amazing development made me feel the emotion behind it!

Some Gem of the season! Bumping my rating to a 9/10!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 29, 2017 1:30 PM

Jan 2017
As to be expected, there have to be an attack just in the moment when they were more vulnerable, in Phos case, making that said 'change' or i rather said 'evolution' to be more of a pressing matter.

I feel so sad having lost Antar. What the hell happened with Sensei and those lunarians? I thought he was completely unapproachable. The scene was so similar to that dream of his.
SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

Dec 31, 2017 6:38 AM

Jul 2017
This was actually really painful to watch. Beautiful, masterful and amazingly well done, but painful nonetheless.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Houseki no Kuni (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2017

210 by ViSpace »»
Today, 2:34 AM

Poll: » Houseki no Kuni (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2017

315 by Biisoo »»
May 10, 4:00 AM

Poll: » Houseki no Kuni (TV) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2017

99 by Biisoo »»
May 7, 3:21 AM

» Not at 500,000 viewers after 6 years :(

ghier - Dec 2, 2023

29 by APolygons2 »»
Feb 11, 12:24 PM

Poll: » Houseki no Kuni (TV) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2017

147 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Dec 4, 2023 8:29 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.