Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 7, 2017 6:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dang, I like the music used for this episode. It made the atmosphere more thrilling in particular when the Monkey is facing off against Usagi. It didn't surprise me that she couldn't beat him. I think she lacks bloodlust when compared to someone like Usagi.

The storytelling aout Uuma was tough to watch. The amount of pain and training he had to endure to become what he is now..
Nov 7, 2017 8:57 AM
Nov 2015
Damn, I'm really sad for Monkey. She was my favorite. What makes me sadder is instead of resting in peace she will become a reanimated corpse for Rabbit.
Nov 7, 2017 9:11 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
DKBetiza said:
Damn, I'm really sad for Monkey. She was my favorite. What makes me sadder is instead of resting in peace she will become a reanimated corpse for Rabbit.
Same here :( I'm actually kinda triggered now lol

Horse's story was pretty interesting but seeing the way he went out has to suck....After all that planning and defensive building, he dies via suffocation

Also, Oji-san got REKT so quickly lol....I did not expect that at all xD
Nov 7, 2017 9:14 AM

May 2016
Damn, three deaths, that was to be expected though.

RIP Monkey, I dislike rabbit, he's boring as a character and just awkward as hell at the moment, I just want more dialogue with him and less of his creepy stares.

Sheep's face when Tiger was like "kills in a drunken rage." That is when he knew he fucked up.
EhistoxNov 11, 2017 5:52 PM
Nov 7, 2017 9:21 AM

Jun 2015
Monkey died first, then Sheep and then Horse. Monkey and Sheep underestimated their opponent and got killed for it. Idiots. Sheep was very surprised by Tiger's attack. Got to see a flashback for Horse. He was willing to do anything to get stronger. Dying by suffocation sucks. Rabbit is OP.
Nov 7, 2017 9:22 AM

Aug 2013
RIP Monkey. I liked her character.

The way sheep got wrecked had me laughing. He underestimated the Drunken Master.

Nov 7, 2017 9:26 AM

Nov 2016
Boi,can't believe that Sheep was that careless,especially after he was introduced as a veteran, what a joke....

Monkeys death came also unexpected.

Uumas backstory was quite cool,but what a shitty death he had to die :/

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 7, 2017 9:32 AM

Sep 2011
TRIPLE KILL

Every death this episode was due to a careless mistake: Monkey forgot about the head and underestimated her opponent, Sheep severely underestimated his opponent, and Horse didn't leave himself an escape route. Just goes to show how even the simplest error in judgement can be fatal in something like this.

Hmm... so it would seem Nezumi's ability is actually some sort of infiltration ability that can get him in and out unnoticed, even into/out of a heavily secured vault with no openings large enough for the oxygen inside to replenish when the area all around it is burning. Well, my theory that he was extremely numerous seems to be out (not that it ever really had much support in the first place...).

EVERYBODY, CLAP YOUR HANDS!
"EVERYBODY, CLAP YOUR HANDS!"

"PLUS ULTRA!"
Nov 7, 2017 9:33 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Rat or Rabbit for the win at this point.

I'm really liking Rat's character design, how he thinks and how his power is still a mystery up to this point. I feel like there's foreshadowing somewhere for sure (how he wants to know about Sheep's whereabouts for example).

Rabbit is just entertaining and is someone who we wouldn't think of as the winner since he had a great start.

Ox is too obvious and would be disappointing if he wins (i like him as character though).

Don't like Tiger though, no win pls.

Snake and Dragon are definitely not gonna win IMO.
Nov 7, 2017 9:39 AM

Jul 2016
Not sure if Horse died, so waiting for the next ep. To see if he is actually dead. He may survive twice lol. BTW now i'm thinking that Rat is the mastermind
Nov 7, 2017 9:52 AM
Aug 2017
Dammit, after two episodes of no one dying the 3 fightes died in the right order. You just have to watch the ending or look for the chinise zodiac.
Next episode we get rid of the Snakes body and the next death is the Dragon.
I really hoped this series doesnt go in that order, but now its pretty much set in stone. Rats gonna win. I liked the monkey and the sheep. But now its useless to get invested in any other character than the Rat. :/
Nov 7, 2017 9:57 AM

Oct 2017
I had a feeling that multiple deaths in an episode is coming and there you have it. And the order in which the character dies may still be following the ED (reverse order of the junishi). But the twist may still come now that we're about to see the 2-part episodes about the twin brothers. So we'll finally get to see the Dragon again. If anyone noticed, they are starting to drop clues on Rat's ability. I am starting to like this boy's way of thinking.
Nov 7, 2017 10:00 AM
Nov 2016
I was rooting for boar, rat, sheep, monkey, horse from the start noooo monkey I loved her RIP all right rat you're my last hope
Nov 7, 2017 10:02 AM

Aug 2016
Whoa Tiger killing Sheep was pretty cool, same with Rabbit killing Monkey, even though I liked her and wanted to see how her plan played out, I thought she would live a bit longer...

Also the mystery around Rat and what he is capable of remains
Nov 7, 2017 10:06 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Yup, the death sure is following the ED, the only groundbreaking thing they had done was post-poning their death till now lel

Still entertaining af tho
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Nov 7, 2017 10:12 AM

Mar 2016
God damn fuck the rabbit hoe IM DONE HE BETTER NEXT

Oh also I find tigers voice really cute omggg
UrbanJahtsNov 7, 2017 10:40 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 7, 2017 10:13 AM
Dec 2012
Its getting rather anticlimactic. The game and tactics is more intriguing than most of the characters and fights.

Rat is the mastermind and Ox is the fighting genius. The end game hopefully will be more interesting than what we've seen so far. Although it seems to point to a predictable ending. Also I've yet to see Dragon, my own Zodiac.

It's getting harder to stay invested but I suppose its good entertainment and I shouldn't expect much more. Everybody clap your hands!

Nov 7, 2017 10:27 AM
Jul 2016
Even if it sucks that you can't get invested in characters(Sheep was my favorite :/), it's still refreshing to see a Death Game show that actually works with its premise and mostly drops Plot Armor. I mean, anyone who hasn't gotten their backstory is safe for the moment(though now all the remaining participants haven't gotten theirs yet).

I just hope the ED is trying to deceive us on purpose, it'd be pretty lame if it actually spoiled the deaths order.
Pretty obvious Dragon is the next to go since we're likely getting his backstory next episode though.
Nov 7, 2017 10:31 AM
Nov 2016
Wow, the monkey died pretty early. Now that we've been shown what Tiger's capable of, I don't think she'll win. So it's between the Ox, The Rabbit and the Rat, I still have my money on Rat because we don't know what he is capable of.

Wow, that death the Horse had to go through was so lame and after all that training.
Nov 7, 2017 10:37 AM

Mar 2016
sosmetal said:
Its getting rather anticlimactic. The game and tactics is more intriguing than most of the characters and fights.

Rat is the mastermind and Ox is the fighting genius. The end game hopefully will be more interesting than what we've seen so far. Although it seems to point to a predictable ending. Also I've yet to see Dragon, my own Zodiac.

It's getting harder to stay invested but I suppose its good entertainment and I shouldn't expect much more. Everybody clap your hands!

Wasn't the dragon the one who was killed off first? Or was that snake, because those two were the twins
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 7, 2017 10:38 AM

Sep 2017
Damn, Nisio Isin has no mercy.

After two chapters without deaths, we got not one, not two, but three, and a couple of them were pretty surprising, like Monkey and Sheep.

It looks like Rabbit might be more than just a lunatic. That head placement on the tree to act as a sentry shows that he has some brains inside that crazy head of his, and that all the bodies he controls share intel with him. Honestly, with Monkey (and possibly Ox) as his new puppets, I'd say he is the most dangerous fighter right now.

Also, Tiger is quite the quick fighter, but if she stays this drunk she might not last much longer, and I'm curious to see what Rat does. Judging by his "conversation" with Ox, his power might have something to do with mind reading.

The characters are nothing to write home about, since they don't have much room for development, but this series manages to keep the interest of the viewer by throwing a lot of curve balls. I'll be looking forward to the next episode.
Nov 7, 2017 10:40 AM

Jul 2013
So, deaths are indeed following the reverse Chinese Zodiac order, and this was a multideath episode after all. Oh, well. Sad for Monkey (her death was very sudden, thought I admit Rabbit is a clever bastard) and Sheep's demise was disappointing, even when it was obvious he was going to die.

The one who got the short stick was however Horse, he wasn't even killed, he just died suffocated in his own barricade without being able to do nothing, all that training and those experiments went to waste. Anyway, he was voiced by Hikaru Midorikawa, and that combined with NisiOisiN's writing doesn't tends to end well.
I wonder if Rat did that on purpose to get rid of another participant now that Monkey died, who wouldn't surprise me.

Next episode Snake (or his corpse at least) will be destroyed (I wonder if we will have flashbacks of him being alive), and the next one, it will be Dragon the one who will die. And, speaking of him, he hasn't appeared since the episode 2 or something, wonder what he is doing at the moment.
IllyricusNov 7, 2017 10:43 AM
Nov 7, 2017 10:41 AM

Apr 2015
if Horse listened to Rats advice immediately, he could probably survive, which makes it look like Rat is trying more to help others rather than kill them. still, it could be some mindgame, idk

also I hoped from the beginning that Monkey prepared even some plans involving her dying but her character depiction didnt point in that direction:/ well I can hope
Nov 7, 2017 10:42 AM

Jan 2015
Monkey's death was quite predictable, this is disappointing :( whew, Sheep was killed swiftly xD Tiger looks promising but I'm sure she'll be killed off pretty quickly.
also this x10000
UrbanJahts said:
God damn fuck the rabbit hoe IM DONE HE BETTER NEXT
Nov 7, 2017 10:46 AM

May 2009
Jared93 said:
Dammit, after two episodes of no one dying the 3 fightes died in the right order. You just have to watch the ending or look for the chinise zodiac.
Next episode we get rid of the Snakes body and the next death is the Dragon.
I really hoped this series doesnt go in that order, but now its pretty much set in stone. Rats gonna win. I liked the monkey and the sheep. But now its useless to get invested in any other character than the Rat. :/

More like the focus rather than the death yet. You can't bet on Snake so I guess he is really supposed to be dead. Dotsuku also died before "Boar's corpse".
Or should we consider Snake as "alive"?
Still wondering if Rat is a space/time user.
Nov 7, 2017 10:51 AM

Jan 2010
TheWannabeArtist said:
RIP Monkey, I honestly hate Rabbit so much, he's boring as a character and just awkward as hell.

We have yet to see his back story.
On the contrary, him being the most ridiculous out of the warriors make him the most interesting and the backstory I'm most curious.

Jared93 said:
I really hoped this series doesnt go in that order, but now its pretty much set in stone.

I think it's not set in stone yet. (the show wants you to think so though)
At least I hope not :/ it'd be a bummer if the death order already been spoiled since day 1.

- So, triple deaths! Welp. Double but triple? Not expecting that.
- Once again I had to clap my hands *cough* for the glorious ost
- Snake's head is pretty creepy
- A bit anticlimatic how Monkey was dead though. I mean, the first half of the anime focused so much on her and she's just gone now
- Sheep death is also pretty quick oh well
- Horse's backstory was tough and his death was lame... in the end he turned out to be not that interesting
- I wonder when the story would break the death order pattern...
- Rat is definitely pretty suspicious. I'm still going strong with him somehow hiding something and was actually a previous winner or something
- Next ep is tatsumi brothers! I find them really interesting and I really love their design!
- Looks like we gonna get some flashback to how Snake was killed!
- Looking forward to more rabbit next episode!
- Everybody clap your hands!
Nov 7, 2017 10:56 AM

Nov 2009
Monkey really just up and died, making an amateur mistake of underestimating her opponent, huh? So anticlimactic. Though I have just a tiny bit of hope that she's got super regeneration or something and isn't really dead, and her plan involved dying.

Ox is the obvious favorite, but a little too obvious to actually survive and win this thing regardless of his insane power. So me personal favorite is Rat who is something of a dark horse: he didn't really do anything yet, but he's successfully surviving, he looks sleepy yet possesses enough agility to dodge all the attacks coming his way, and everybody finds him sort of familiar only they can't quite remember who he is. All points to him having some broken ability and actually being the strongest when he shakes off his sleepiness and goes into serious mode.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Nov 7, 2017 11:01 AM

Dec 2014
Well rip saru, that was bound to happen at some point; but Usagi is a bit too op.
Rip old man too, that was fast lol.
So the double backstory was just to prepare us for a double takeout today. I was hoping they would break the curse of backstory->death, guess not.

I think rat is hiding his true colors.
Nov 7, 2017 11:07 AM

Nov 2013
Interesting backstory of Uuma. How he built up his body was savage. Unfortunately for him, it doesn't help against suffocating.

How Nezumi appeared and disappeared in his hideout was quite creepy.

I'm glad, that Sheep is finally dead. He underestimated his opponent and had no chance of winning either way. Sharyu was too careless too.

You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Nov 7, 2017 11:07 AM

May 2012
CG said:
Monkey really just up and died, making an amateur mistake of underestimating her opponent, huh?.

This has happened for every death so far except horse I guess; the quick flashback of his past was just the same though. They have their extended inner monologue of how the fight will go, and then surprise you're dead.

I really hope they change this up because its been way too predictable in the cues they give.
Nov 7, 2017 11:17 AM
Aug 2017
More like the focus rather than the death yet. You can't bet on Snake so I guess he is really supposed to be dead. Dotsuku also died before "Boar's corpse".
Or should we consider Snake as "alive"?
Still wondering if Rat is a space/time user.[/quote]

Yeah, i know snake is dead, but still a threat, unlike Boar, who was quickly killed again. And the snake has to die in the next few episodes to keep the order intact. And then Dragon.
Nov 7, 2017 11:25 AM

Jan 2009
3 deaths in a row (Monkey, Sheep, Horse)

Monkey was caught by surprise like Boar damn
Sheep does not know about Drunken Fist power of Tigerr
and Horse got suffocated
Nov 7, 2017 11:27 AM
Nov 2013
what an episode , 3 deaths ' monkey , sheep , horse '
can't wait for the next one
RIP titty monkey :'(
Nov 7, 2017 11:31 AM

Jan 2013
Horse's death was such a waste. But guess it was a "weak mind in the wrong body" thing. Or is that otherwise, I dont know
Nov 7, 2017 11:48 AM
Apr 2016
Horse character, music, his specific voice... all felt like a tragedy. Nothing more, nothing less.
The Monkey, a profound pacifist, until the end tried to reason with insane Rabbit, which ended in a failure. The good will is a virtue itself, but there is a limit where it reaches. Entering the outside of dimension of reason renders all conceptless. Rabbit is an example of who you can't save peacefully.
Re:formed
Nov 7, 2017 11:50 AM
Apr 2016
-Grapeboy- said:
staranise said:
I had a feeling that multiple deaths in an episode is coming and there you have it. And the order in which the character dies may still be following the ED (reverse order of the junishi). But the twist may still come now that we're about to see the 2-part episodes about the twin brothers. So we'll finally get to see the Dragon again. If anyone noticed, they are starting to drop clues on Rat's ability. I am starting to like this boy's way of thinking.
What clues and what exactly do you think is his ability then?

Rat can obviously read ones' mind and seems to be able to transport thought into ones' mind - a telepath. But being simply a telepath would be really basic. There is something else to be unrevealed until the end.
Re:formed
Nov 7, 2017 11:52 AM
Jul 2016
TheWannabeArtist said:
Damn, three deaths, that was to be expected though.

RIP Monkey, I honestly hate Rabbit so much, he's boring as a character and just awkward as hell.

Sheep's face when Tiger was like "kills in a drunken rage." That is when he knew he fucked up.

Monkeys Death is really sad, but I like Rabbit. He is much better than other Characters :)
Nov 7, 2017 12:07 PM
Jul 2014
Sigh...and there goes Monkey. I really hate Rabbit. I had a feeling we were going to get multiple deaths this episode and we did. Kind of sad how Sheep went out as well, and I'm assuming Horse is dead? I guess we'll see next week, but if he is then that is a really shitty way to go.

Still, now that my favorite character, Monkey, is dead I'm not even going to bother rooting for any other characters. Plus this episode made it 100% clear that the death order they're following is real and I had already figured that out by episode 2/3.

Still a fun show, but not being able to get fully attached to these characters is probably the biggest downside of a battle royale series.
GrimmgetaNov 7, 2017 12:17 PM
Nov 7, 2017 12:12 PM

Oct 2017
-Grapeboy- said:
staranise said:
What clues and what exactly do you think is his ability then?

I'll go with what @Daniel_Naumov said that Rat being a telepath would be really basic so something else will be revealed until the end. Which means we will have to wait until an episode is focused on Rat bbbuuuuut that may not come in a while. About the clue, it's rather indirect. He was playing a game on his phone where his iconic image, the rat, is running around in what seems like a maze and at the end of his conversation with Horse, the rat gets caught by a snake in the game so he turns it off and leaves the temporary hiding place (and warns Horse that Snake might come to that place since he's after Rat and that Horse should leave). If you're playing a game like that and your character dies, what do you do? That's a bit of a stretch but I can't explain it any further without giving spoilers. Again, this may be an indirect or more like an abstract clue so it doesn't mean his ability has anything to do with video or phone games.
Nov 7, 2017 12:21 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Well sucks to say that Monkey ended kicking the can along with the old man and horse. Was really thinking Monkey and Horse were gonna be the last ones along with Bunny but looks like I was wrong. Things are gonna get more intense now that its only Tiger, Ox and Rat and Bunny.
Nov 7, 2017 12:22 PM

Mar 2016
Dang, I love this show. This is probably my favourite anime from the season, and it won't change. I will admit, it's predictable. Even though it is, I can't help but really hate waiting for Tuesdays to watch this, because it's 7 whole days after I finish the episode. Too bad three deaths came out, since I liked the Monkey a lot. The sheep's death was very easy to guess, because he ranked the Tiger at the bottom of the list, and had to be killed by her, similarly to how Dog died by the Chicken.
Nov 7, 2017 12:22 PM

Aug 2012
I feel like rage quitting. The way monkey died makes no sense to me. She may be a pacifist but I doubt she is an idiot. Only an idiot would think you can negociate with someone like rabbit. With rat, Ox or Horse maybe. Even with dog would have been possibility but you cannot reason with crazy people. This is promising to be a really bad show.
Nov 7, 2017 12:28 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Triple kill. Wow. Didn't see that coming.

I'm int he minority here, but I'm happy that Monkey is out. Her character felt completely out of place in a battle royale like this one. What kind of a fool negotiates with a mindless psycho like rabbit?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 7, 2017 12:30 PM

Jun 2014
Well after 2 episodes of no deaths, we get 3 in this episode alone, all of them still following the reverse Zodiac order. I'm sad that Monkey is gone, she was one of the more interesting participants (to me) so I hoped she would have lasted longer. Sheep's death was pretty pathetic tbh, as he severely underestimated his opponent. I didn't really care for Horse's death either, I knew he didn't stand a chance.

Rat continues to be a mystery that is difficult to figure out, but if I had to guess, it looks like he might have some sort of mind reading power and/or telepathy, as well as some kind of ability to teleport or something.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 7, 2017 12:43 PM

Jan 2010
I'm really sad the monkey died she seemed capable of winning against the rabbit at first
looks like the next episode gonna be interesting since we might finally get to see the dragon, I wonder where he is hiding
Nov 7, 2017 12:49 PM

Jul 2017
Oh boy, a character I thought would be wrapped in plot armor actually was not.

Shame her death was not particularly exciting but since she was a pretty cool character, it was not meaningless.

Overall a pretty fun episode.
Suddenly, someone slaps you with a brick wall.

Nov 7, 2017 12:56 PM

Nov 2015
Wow did not expect that from Sheep, should have been smarter…even though he was pretty smart. RIP Monkey did not expect it, I was curious about her peace plans
Nov 7, 2017 1:03 PM
Jul 2017
I still think the way the characters die are pretty disappointing (Aside of Monkey's one which had a really cunning setup), they never fight.
Out of the 6 deaths, 2 are because they underestimated their opponant. Like, why would you do that ? If you are in a Battle Royale like this, there's a reason, you can't possibly assume that they suck.
Nov 7, 2017 1:07 PM
( ̄y▽ ̄)╭ Ohohoho.

Jul 2013
"Killing in drunken rage", huh :p Did not see that coming.

Loved that episode, my favorite so far! Rat is pretty cool and interesting.

I will show no mercy for you
You had no mercy for me
The only thing that I ask
Love me mercilessly
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Should I avoid watching the ED until after I've finished the series?

Jax - Jan 22

4 by StarlightShiba »»
Jan 31, 7:01 AM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2017

211 by Stuntdrath »»
Dec 27, 2023 5:04 PM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2017

112 by Bakunoaato »»
Jul 28, 2023 6:41 AM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2017

222 by Bakunoaato »»
Jul 28, 2023 5:48 AM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2017

293 by Bakunoaato »»
Jul 28, 2023 5:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.