Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 7, 2017 2:36 PM

Jul 2013
Holy shit, the series sure started strong. With that epic battle against Femt's monsters, reintroducing all the characters again. How much I missed them. The sakga was spectacular, just as expected from Bones.
Too bad Leo's X-Station went to shit just when he was prepared to play it. The biggest tragedy this episode.

Opening wasn't as good as previous one (then again, the previous one was very good), and about the ending, well, I didn't managed to hear much. Hopefully, it will be good.

Also, did anyone noticed the Trigun's cameos?
IllyricusOct 7, 2017 3:30 PM
Oct 7, 2017 3:02 PM
Sep 2017
Didn't care at all, bunch of shit happening just because.
I guess they wanted to show all the characters to the new comers, but besides the good production, nothing interesting happened. It was just random whacky stuff nad super powers.
Oct 7, 2017 3:06 PM

Aug 2015
I'd take exposition through rap over talking in a cafe any day.
Oct 7, 2017 3:08 PM

Nov 2012
Ah glad to have this back, thad ending song reminds of space dandy op for some reason.
Oct 7, 2017 3:15 PM

Feb 2015
The episode had the same crazy feel as the first season. I liked it a lot.
Happy for all the characters to be back.
The OP isn't as good as the first one but I liked the ED song, now I wonder if the new ED will top the previous one in visuals.
Oct 7, 2017 3:18 PM
Apr 2015
Somali_Otaku said:
KatieOphe said:

Only this time around? He's always like that, and that's why I love him AHAHAHHAHA

Lmao true, but that "X! X! DOUBLE X!" Reminded me of when Shinpachi loses his shit during those idol concerts.

Oh yeah! AHAHHAHAHAH totally lost it there, his va is so good, I almost feel like watching gintama while watching this anime, so many shared va lol
Also the way it is totally crazy and overdoing things
Oct 7, 2017 3:39 PM
Jan 2016
That was as crazy & as extravagant as the first season, despite the different main staff. I am absolutely impressed. Nothing more I can say.

AvidAnimeViewer said:
I'd take exposition through rap over talking in a cafe any day.

Yeah, the overly-long exposition from the first episode of first season does not make a comeback here. Which is a nice change.

Kariossus said:
. . . , bunch of shit happening just because.

That's exactly what BBB is all about, in a good way. It's the execution that made it work. Though I would agree that sometimes it lacks in term of meaningful story, but that's not what made BBB great. It's the polished craziness that made it great. It's like asking a comedy anime for an impactful character's death, which is weird.
Oct 7, 2017 3:47 PM

Aug 2015
Loved this episode and although the opening and ending of this season are not as good as the last ones but still they were both enjoyable.this first episode will get a 8.5/10 from me and i hope that this show become even more enjoyable later on also i wish to see leo getting a girlfriend in this season.
Oct 7, 2017 3:59 PM

Feb 2012
Episode was amazing, the visuals, soundtrack and the fights omfg. The animation in the beginning was godlike, Nakumura is a beats.

And WHITE! ;_;. Fills me with joy the new director didnt abandon her or pretend she didnt exist since shes ao. Hopefully her apperance in the OP leads to something, thank god.

10/10 episode easily AOTS along with Mahoutsukai no Yome, welcome back Kekkai Sensen.
Oct 7, 2017 4:04 PM

Jun 2015
Still as bananas as ever, I see. Man, I missed this show...
Oct 7, 2017 4:06 PM

Jun 2015
MagicalMahou said:
I already have the nuclear codes ready for anyone daring enough to say this season's OP is better than Hello, World.
Same lol lol lol(MAL character minimum pls)
Oct 7, 2017 4:57 PM

Jan 2011
I missed that! ^^ and my most favorite werewolf. ;P I was a bit afraid not becoming an awesome OP (or ED), but OP is awesome, ED song is also something interesting. That will be a cool autumn. =D

edit: i liked that scene: food, check! drinks, check! never made bed, check! x)
summerwarsOct 7, 2017 5:01 PM
Oct 7, 2017 5:01 PM

Feb 2013
X-Station, Double-X!
Poor Leo, they didn't even buy him a new console, I would quit that job if I were him.
Oct 7, 2017 5:05 PM
Jul 2018
For me its more like continuation of episode 10. The last two episode were really meh and forgettable so I will assume those two twin Black & White are actually good for dead.

Whatever, this first episode was totally amusing! Comedy felt even more than the first season and glad to see that we got see every good guy on the screen(in a most funny way). It was quite enjoyable ride indeed! There was no boring moments at all!
removed-userOct 7, 2017 5:08 PM
Oct 7, 2017 5:17 PM

Jun 2015
Glad to see this show is back. This was an action-packed first episode. It was awesome. The mission to bring back the president's head was funny to watch. Poor Leonardo couldn't catch a break. The first season was good, so let's see how this season is going to be.
Oct 7, 2017 5:22 PM

Aug 2017
Great episode. Excellent return for the anime!
I'm glad that White has appeared on the OP, hopefully later in the anime she will come back!
Oct 7, 2017 5:28 PM

Aug 2014
hmmmm.. getting some Samurai Champloo vibes.. but more modern...ish
Oct 7, 2017 5:34 PM

Jun 2013
That was one of the best first episodes I've ever watched.

wow!
Oct 7, 2017 5:43 PM

Apr 2017
Yare.. Yare...

This is just chaotic as the first season

Good to see Nakamura is doing the animation again...

DOUBLE-X DOUBLE-X

Heyy.... Could it be from the new manga.... Back to back??

Totally get the feeling of Samurai Champloo OST VIBES here

>D O P E
-HippySnob-Oct 7, 2017 5:55 PM

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Oct 7, 2017 5:45 PM

Dec 2015
chaos , random destruction , oh i miss this anime
Oct 7, 2017 5:49 PM

Jun 2007
"Not being allowed to do as one wishes is the mark of the politician."

Coming from a representative of the US government, this is the single most unrealistic part of the entire episode.
Oct 7, 2017 5:50 PM

Nov 2012
Great episode, kind of sad there was no ending video, unless where I watched cut off the end song stuff which idk why they would.
Jaywalker.
Oct 7, 2017 5:51 PM

Nov 2012
TheTsunami said:

Coming from a representative of the US government, this is the single most unrealistic part of the entire episode.

IDK what you mean, politicians(for better or worse) can't do what they want all the time, it was one of the more profound statements.
Jaywalker.
Oct 7, 2017 5:56 PM
Jul 2018
Epic episode. Was hilarious like season 1 and action packed too. The soundtrack was awesome too. At first I was sad bump of a chicken(still sad as Hello World was awesome) wasn't doing the op again, but the op was acc good. I also liked the ED song(if that was it)

10/10
removed-userOct 8, 2017 4:37 AM
Oct 7, 2017 6:07 PM

Mar 2012
Sugar Song to Bitter Step is really hard to top and I feel that this season ED can not do it.

Anyway this is divine retribution(if there is any divine being here at all) for Leo that he chose to buy X-Station than give the money for Michaella.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Oct 7, 2017 6:49 PM
Mar 2016
something flank im my heart
oh right, no Bump of Chicken anymore............

New Season and More Chain
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!
they truly learn about Chain's Lack Appearance on S1
Oct 7, 2017 7:02 PM

May 2012
Yayy, it's back.

As crazy as the first season, if not crazier. Leo's also a lot more loud than I remember?
Wonder what the overarching plot for this season's gonna be. From the looks of the OP along with his sister this episode, I'll just assume that it'll somehow involve her?

Anywho, excited to see more from the anime once again. Even though she's gone, it was also nice to see a cameo of White.

Oct 7, 2017 7:42 PM

Jan 2011
Man the level absurdity and casual choas is still the same as always music is on point and the characters are still fun to watch,sure as hell is more Kekkai Sensen.

good to see they didn't cut back with all the love that goes into the sakuga ,still looks like some of Yutaka Nakamura work mixed in there
Oct 7, 2017 7:43 PM

Dec 2014
That was wayyyyyyyyy better than I expected it to be. That was the most Kekkai Sensen Kekkai Sensen could be and that was with a different director. Amazing!
Oct 7, 2017 8:01 PM

Jul 2011
X! X! Double X!

I fking love this kid LOL.

So happy this series is back. <3
Oct 7, 2017 8:27 PM

Jun 2007
Epicenter said:
TheTsunami said:

IDK what you mean, politicians(for better or worse) can't do what they want all the time, it was one of the more profound statements.

That is the point, US politicians are frequently doing what they want (accepting kickbacks from special interest groups, having affairs...sometimes with underage staffers, etc). It isn't that the statement wasn't logical or befitting the intended role of a politician, just that it is laughable knowing how US government officials actually behave in the real world.
Oct 7, 2017 8:33 PM
Jan 2015
Loved it ..
random , funny and just need to say this .. bla bla bla .. fuck fuck fuck .. noot noot noot
Oct 7, 2017 8:42 PM

Feb 2014
Glad this show is back, OST is on point, very Samurai Champloo as others have said. Lets hope there wont be another mishap with airing this time

Oct 7, 2017 9:01 PM

Sep 2011
I missed this shows over the top crazy nature, laughed lout loud multiple times throughout the episode and was thoroughly entertained the entire episode. The new director did a fantastic job adapting this episode and it gives me loads of confidence that the loss of the last one wont be a detriment to the show cause the framing, timing, and execution was all just so spectacular.

I also am really glad to see they arent just ignoring the anime only stuff from last season with how they slipped white into the opening and ending. I'd say its just an easter egg for the opening cause you just see her briefly walk in a crowd but that ed had a straight shot at her so I think that changes things

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 7, 2017 9:04 PM
Sep 2017
@TheServant

Yeah but at least in the first season, there was more buildup to whatever situation they were in. It wasn't just mindless action.

But I understand this episode was just an introduction for the new viewers, so they had to make it as flashy as possible.
And I just didn't care at all, not impressed by that stuff.
Oct 7, 2017 9:17 PM

Nov 2012
TheTsunami said:
Epicenter said:

That is the point, US politicians are frequently doing what they want (accepting kickbacks from special interest groups, having affairs...sometimes with underage staffers, etc). It isn't that the statement wasn't logical or befitting the intended role of a politician, just that it is laughable knowing how US government officials actually behave in the real world.

I think the quote was more about being able to make political moves and push policy, not do corrupt dealings and adultery stuff. Like even special interest groups prove it, sometimes a politician has to sell out(or believes they do) to get ahead and obey their donors, rather than do what they want(many politicians spew opinions that suddenly change when they get this big donor.). Many politicians are just puppets. That's what I got from the quote. I can't think of any politician in the west, left, right, center, who is able to push all they believe into policy without getting blocked or just doing what donors or their party demands like they're some uber dictator.
Jaywalker.
Oct 7, 2017 9:23 PM

Dec 2013
This show is still as crazy and over the top as ever. I still don’t know if Leo has the worst luck ever with how gets into such crazy situations or if he’s the luckiest guy ever with how he always somehow survives.
Oct 7, 2017 9:33 PM
Dec 2016
So did anyone else catch the Avengers reference?
Oct 7, 2017 9:37 PM

Nov 2012
OrekiHoutarou222 said:
So did anyone else catch the Avengers reference?

Yes for sure, the swarma thing or w.e.
Jaywalker.
Oct 7, 2017 9:41 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Great first episode to initiate the second season of Kekkai Sensen! Still as random and hilarious as the earlier season though, and I wonder if this series really has a proper story to begin with.
I hope to see White and Black from last season as soon as possible though, since I really liked them.
Good to see the partnership between Zapp and Leonardo, to be frank, hilarious and incompatible as always. Wolf girl remains the stealthy and cunning woman as always and ever so annoyed by Zapp's presence, lol it was hilarious to watch.

Overall, a great start to the continuation of Kekkai Sensen and the initiation of Kekkai Sensen & Beyond. It's a bit saddening that the Op and ED aren't as great as that of the first Season but it is still a great one nonetheless. Can't wait to see how the upcoming episode will do.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 7, 2017 10:01 PM

Jul 2015
Sheesh, I remember the city being bad, but I don't remember it being that bad right off the bat, like, they ain't pulling no punches with the craziness of this place or the violence. I love it.

May Double-X rest in peace. Next time get a Game Station 4.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Oct 7, 2017 10:37 PM
Apr 2016
So.....did anyone notice white in the op?
Oct 7, 2017 11:41 PM

Jun 2016
YEAH !!! NICE SEASON 2

good OP nice ED...

this anime so good for me...

CHAOS everywhere... i like it
Oct 8, 2017 12:28 AM

Mar 2013
Glad it's still as crazy as ever. DOUBLE-X! DOUBLE-X!

Excited for the ED visuals next ep, the song sounds good.
Oct 8, 2017 2:17 AM

Nov 2014
It was amazing!! So many feels in one episode! Seeing White and where she met Leo was wonderfull!

The art was fantastic as well, every little detail was great!

And Hamburger-kun ( the mushroom guy, dont remember his name)!!

I have high expectations on this season ^^
Oct 8, 2017 2:46 AM

Nov 2012
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA SCREAM'S ANOTHER EPIC SEASON! I'm totally anticipating the next ep! :)
Oct 8, 2017 2:46 AM
Apr 2016
Ayyyyyyyyyyy this nonse parade!
Probably the one and only instance of Ishida Akira playing a villain. Boy he is doing it great, must have been waiting for this moment since he began his career!
Re:formed
Oct 8, 2017 2:51 AM

Oct 2013
It's back!!gosh i missed them!!
Fantastic 1st episode
Great soundtracks great humour
Zapp n leo
Klaus n steven as gorgeous as ever.... ❤❤❤❤❤
Oct 8, 2017 2:57 AM
Jan 2016
Kariossus said:
Yeah but at least in the first season, there was more buildup to whatever situation they were in. It wasn't just mindless action.

The difference with the 1st episode of first season is that it had long exposition & down time for the first half to introduce us to the world & the characters, not a build up to anything. And the 2nd half suddenly there's a conflict & it's resolved in the 2nd half too.
As for this season, the characters were being introduced as the plot progressing & no down time with long exposition. And there were 2 distinctly different conflicts for the 1st half & the 2nd half.
So I think it's more of you liking a slower-paced of the 1st season's 1st episode rather than a build up to anything, because both seasons' have a same take on build up, almost non-existent.

_MushiRock11_ said:
Still as random and hilarious as the earlier season though, and I wonder if this series really has a proper story to begin with.

If there's an overarching plot just like the 1st season, I hope at least it's better than the 1st season. Because the 1st season's was pretty disappointing when it's focused on the overarching plot. And the ending was quite all over the place.
Oct 8, 2017 3:07 AM
Apr 2016
My only concern would be excessive violence and bodycount, but they will come around. They always do...
Re:formed
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen & Beyond Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2017

157 by Alexa78 »»
Apr 5, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen & Beyond Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2017

102 by Cole_1209 »»
Apr 2, 1:37 AM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen & Beyond Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2017

73 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 24, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen & Beyond Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2017

107 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 23, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen & Beyond Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2017

73 by MilesPolalugano »»
Jan 29, 12:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.