Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 7, 2017 7:42 AM

Dec 2014
well the first episode was toots what was that
Oct 7, 2017 7:53 AM

Sep 2017
This show is interesting although I already see a lot of things I'm not a fan of. The shaky camera during action sequences and the bad CG stand out the most. That being said it was exciting.
Oct 7, 2017 7:55 AM
Apr 2016
Interesting, the Garo ring is Zaruba, and the Sword bears Golden Makai armour, which was in Leon's possession in medieval time Garo in "Honou no Kokuin". I would really like to have either characters from that time mentioned or even for particular to make a comeback. Mendoza, for example, could break free from the Makai, I guess...
The title "Vanishing Line" seems to reference the state of the characters in the series. Sword does not look like the average hero character, not even by Garo standards. While Leon only lost his temper and control of the armour once, it seems like Sword will go even further, past the line that is slowly vanishing. The same could become of "evil" characters, that are initially antagonists yet come closer to that line of being "good and evil". Looking mighty forward to another Garo series (even though I have completely skipped "Guren no Tsuki").
And the fights gained the attribute of modern age - speed! The ever revolving camera, dust and feints, motorcycle tricks - this is real Garo 2.0 (It's no GnT, no GnT boy!)
Daniel_NaumovOct 7, 2017 7:59 AM
Re:formed
Oct 7, 2017 9:43 AM
Jul 2018
What's with the camera shaking, rolling non-stop during action scenes and being way too close? I couldn't see what's actually happening during the fights; I wanna see the movements.
Oct 7, 2017 9:46 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
For tastes, the prsons, but the series was a little....
Oct 7, 2017 9:53 AM

Jul 2017
Loving it so far, they need to tone done the shaky cam during the action scenes though. The MC is a nice change of pace. A manly as fuck MC instead of the usual spineless cuck MCs that are the norm in anime. Setting is nice too, Honoo no Kokuin took place in what was essentially fantasy Spain and this seems to be taking place in America.
Oct 7, 2017 10:37 AM
Aug 2014
Looks promising. My gawd I want the steak he's having.

Only complaint is the up close shots and shaking which I think they are using not only for effect but to also cover up the CGI; you know they're fighting, you just don't know where exactly the limbs are going.
Oct 7, 2017 10:40 AM

Nov 2014
Having not watched the other entries but being told i can watch anyways since they are all separate i went ahead and started this one for now and will get around to the others (first series especially as i heard it's really good) and i enjoyed this so far, looks promising for sure and my god i want a steak that freaking huge lmao!
No drop crew, Loyal husband, sadomasochist, H&E bully, AWC fan. Click sig for n00dz!
Oct 7, 2017 10:44 AM

Oct 2014
That was pretty good, hyped to watch more. The sound and visual effects were a bit overdone, I hope they get a handle on that in future episodes.
Oct 7, 2017 11:09 AM
Jun 2014
Honestly, this looks meh in plot department and episodic, repetitive. Dropped I guess...
Oct 7, 2017 11:11 AM

Jun 2015
That was actually pretty awesome.. way better than I expected.
Wee~~

Oct 7, 2017 11:31 AM

Mar 2009
A lot of fun.
Hot women, badass dude, KugiRie, and excellent MAPPA animation. What's not to like, really? Let's just hope this is a good Garo anime, unlike the second series. *shudders*
Oct 7, 2017 11:36 AM

Jan 2013
Tits. Tits everywhere. Even a titty monster appeared. Nice.
Oct 7, 2017 11:54 AM
Apr 2016

That is modern world horrors for you.
Oct 7, 2017 12:25 PM
Feb 2010
The music was good but only in the first half of the episode really, the second half was a lot more generic. The camera work during the fight scenes was also pretty bad as people have said. The fact that kugimiya rie is in this and the pretty good animation might make it a decent series to watch though.
Oct 7, 2017 1:07 PM
Feb 2017
I thought the girl's voice would be a bit deeper, but it's okay. Much action, hopefully the story isn't too thin. Seems like we will meet all the main characters first before the story really sets off.
Oct 7, 2017 1:09 PM

Jan 2012
Cool action. That's how Garo should be.
The previous two were so lacking there. Especially Guren no Tsuki.

Oct 7, 2017 1:11 PM
Jul 2017
Kaze_Kitsune said:
I don't know what the hell I just watched, but it was pretty damn cool.

Took the words right out of my mouth.
Oct 7, 2017 1:13 PM
Mar 2016
so can we safely call the first Horror a 'Boob Monster?"
man, that guy is far out bad.
Oct 7, 2017 1:26 PM
Oct 2010
Shaky cam + close ups don't work, hopefully they cut that out in later episodes.
Oct 7, 2017 1:30 PM

Mar 2013
Holy shit was that good. I love the main guy already. God bless MAPPA! I can't wait for the inevitable dub too - this looks like just the type of show that deserves one.
Oct 7, 2017 2:11 PM

May 2015
No other words than how awesome and neat this episode was. Sword is one badass character already!

Never watched the other Garo series, but I think I'll definitely enjoy this one for sure! Great start so far in my opinion.

Oct 7, 2017 2:32 PM

Jan 2014
HOLY SHIT THAT WAS FUCKING INSANE

THIS IS WHAT EVERY MAN WANTS TO SEE

Oct 7, 2017 3:00 PM

Jan 2014
the opening overall was ok, but at the start and ed of the song where it goes: woooooooo is fucking sick
Oct 7, 2017 4:11 PM

May 2014
That was a really cool start!
The designs, the atmosphere, the music...good stuff.

We got off to a relatively clean start story-wise too- these two people are looking for "Eldorado", whatever the hell that is and it looks like they'll be crossing paths again for sure.
The Horrors are interesting, but still pretty straight forward (like shape shifting ghouls) and I like the whole 'motorbike merges with man to make a quasi-transformer mech warrior' concept XD

Only thing I'm worried about is that MAPPA are behind this and the running trend with them lately is having anime with really strong starts, only to crash and burn half way through. Hopefully it doesn't become a trend :/

Oh and gg that poor guy who was just driving home from a long day at the office.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2017 4:17 PM

Feb 2013
Good action. Good music.

If the action keeps up, it might be worth watching.
Oct 7, 2017 6:04 PM

Feb 2015
Good start though no fucking idea of what happens, but I have faith in this show.
Oct 7, 2017 8:10 PM
Apr 2016
amazing...the soundtrack when Sophie Climbed the crane and got the view of the bridge is amazing and also cant wait to see Luke next week
Oct 7, 2017 10:27 PM

Jul 2017
Don't know if I like it, I'll give it another episode or two but so far, not much appeal to me. There's a lot of action but the over-excessive camera movement is annoying to me.
Gintama > One Piece = Naruto > Bleach > DBZ

Nyanko Big is my spirit animal.
Oct 8, 2017 12:35 AM
Jan 2011
That was AMAZING!
Oct 8, 2017 12:53 AM

Jun 2012
I agree with most people here. This was the best Garo debut. It just has so much style and edginess to it. The whole feeling of "cool" and "awesome" was executed perfectly. The soundtrack and design were so on point. I'm in love with the new setting as well. It's exactly the aesthetic that I enjoy. It just blew my expectations out of the water!

JAM Project opening is another thing that made me look forward to new Garo anime. I liked the previous ones better, but maybe the full version of this one will convince me :D

Also, Sword is gar as fuck and I am living for it. Found my new obsessions this season <3
Oct 8, 2017 1:36 AM
Apr 2016
Turtles_Hunter said:

Daniel_Naumov said:
Interesting, the Garo ring is Zaruba, and the Sword bears Golden Makai armour, which was in Leon's possession in medieval time Garo in "Honou no Kokuin". I would really like to have either characters from that time mentioned or even for particular to make a comeback. Mendoza, for example, could break free from the Makai, I guess...
The title "Vanishing Line" seems to reference the state of the characters in the series. Sword does not look like the average hero character, not even by Garo standards. While Leon only lost his temper and control of the armour once, it seems like Sword will go even further, past the line that is slowly vanishing. The same could become of "evil" characters, that are initially antagonists yet come closer to that line of being "good and evil". Looking mighty forward to another Garo series (even though I have completely skipped "Guren no Tsuki").

Actually, the look of the sword when transformed and the demon ring Zabura are part of the attribute of the Golden Knight. Guren no Tsuki hero also had them, and I think the heroes of the Garo live series also share the same ring and general design of the armor and sword when transformed. You'll probably have no other reference to other shows. Don't over read in that. I think it's far too early to make assumption about the meaning of the title.

Well, lets see whether this is the meaning of the title when it gets closer to the finale. Remember to check in around last episodes.
Oct 8, 2017 2:52 AM

Sep 2016
never expected this level of testosterone filled awesomeness
fucking hell yeah please more 80s/90s pulp like this
Objectivity doesn't exist. Subjectivity is an excuse. Beautiful world of online discourse.

Oct 8, 2017 5:46 AM

May 2014
Talk about hardcore! Man Sword is so METAL.
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Oct 8, 2017 7:09 AM

Oct 2008
Our Garo MC "Sword" this time is insanely strong! (our MC just looks like Nero Vanetti from 91 days but in big ripped body!)
awesome OP by JAM Project!!!
The animations is superb and great OST as well!
great to see Zaruba as well!
just look at how he transforms with his big damn cool ass bike! very stylish when he uses his sword to circle slide with his bike then transforms! DAMN!
5/5.

Oct 8, 2017 10:15 AM
Jul 2018
not bad, hope this is as good as the first season,
Oct 8, 2017 11:04 AM

Oct 2014
My first anime to ever not continue based on camera work alone. The shaking during every action scene makes me sick. The action is hard to follow because the earthquake level shaking and nobody wants to follow it because it hurts your eyes.
no
Oct 8, 2017 12:39 PM
Dec 2014
What a ride!

Only 7.28? wth?

Too edgy? ;D
Oct 8, 2017 12:50 PM
Jul 2018
The only modern anime we've gotten with macho guys has been Jojo. A great change of pace from the gay-Japanese male leads.
My problem is though, this macho MC is as generically macho as it gets.
The action itself is fucking awesome...when I can actually see what's happening.
Lots of punching and beating, but none of it felt impactful. You can't see the blood, or any intense close-ups to feel the monsters' pain.
This is definitely one of those "rule of cool" style > substance anime. But if the action continues to be almost literally impossible to see and process, there's a good chance I'll drop this.
Oct 8, 2017 2:49 PM

Feb 2014
Shaky camera was bit excessive but this was pretty BADASS
Oct 8, 2017 3:53 PM

Jun 2012
Those fights were awesome! The animation is top notch, still I don't get why they need to use those CGI armors, I know this is Garo but are those armors that popular in Japan? In my opinion the slug-fests were way more cool and interesting... Oh I don't mind shaky camera but that much is a no go, seems like they are intentionally trying to throw off our focus.
Oct 8, 2017 3:55 PM

Dec 2014
Man the massive amounts of cutting and the shaking during the action scenes almost made me pass out.

But besides that it seems really good
Oct 8, 2017 4:19 PM

Aug 2012
That was pretty good even though I can't keep-up on some of shaky-cam battle. They really put effort on this first episode.

Oct 8, 2017 4:21 PM

Sep 2011
I've actually found that once you turn subtitles off the shakiness isnt particularly bad aside from the very first fight, kind of a shame non native speakers get fucked in this regard,

Still could do with less shaking

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 8, 2017 5:07 PM

Jun 2016
How did MAPPA even find the budget for this? I know the CG use probably saves some money but damn, 5 (probably soon to be 6 with Inuyashiki) cours worth of other above-average-looking shows this year and then they deliver this ambitious and sharp-looking premier which is almost half insane action spectacle.

I made the mistake of watching this on a low-brightness smartphone screen while super tired. I rewatched it while fully alert on higher brightness and had way more fun because I could actually follow the crazy-fast high-octane, high-impact action. Could do with just slightly less camera shaking as it distracts from the surprisingly decent choreography for such spectacle-driven action. Still had a blast!
Oct 8, 2017 7:13 PM

Jun 2016
matias067 said:
Our Garo MC "Sword" this time is insanely strong! (our MC just looks like Nero Vanetti from 91 days but in big ripped body!)
awesome OP by JAM Project!!!
The animations is superb and great OST as well!
great to see Zaruba as well!
just look at how he transforms with his big damn cool ass bike! very stylish when he uses his sword to circle slide with his bike then transforms! DAMN!
5/5.
Sword is Nero on steroids and excessively hungry
Oct 8, 2017 7:28 PM

Dec 2016
Can't decide if this episode was cool or totally dorky.

I kind of liked it, but I like lame stuff too :p

At the very least, the OP sounded like a poor man's one man punch OP. I know it's the same group, but it just seemed like a sad copy.

I think I'll keep watching. Something about the throwback feel makes me smile.
Oct 9, 2017 12:46 AM

May 2016
totally enjoyable to watch. the animation is funky and cool that makes me want to watch more. don't know about the plot, but we'll see what happens in later episodes.

Oct 9, 2017 1:54 AM

Dec 2012
Two talking motorcycle shows this season?
Oct 9, 2017 6:18 AM

Jan 2016
If they remove the shacky action scene. This will be the best action animated show this year( if they are consistent of course). OST is spot on. I really love the 1 frame cutout they did on the bike chase. Gave me super big "WOW" out of my mouth. Is it the time for Korean director to direct anime this era?
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Garo: Vanishing Line Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xeogran - Mar 23, 2018

55 by Hisoka2107 »»
Aug 16, 2023 2:11 PM

» Should i watch this or the 2014 series?

Kitsune_089 - Aug 7, 2021

4 by Max-OG »»
Jan 24, 2023 10:11 AM

» Swords Armor

dragynfaerie - Jul 3, 2022

1 by Dd5 »»
Sep 3, 2022 1:05 PM

Poll: » Garo: Vanishing Line Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2018

90 by dragynfaerie »»
Jul 3, 2022 6:28 PM

Poll: » Garo: Vanishing Line Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2017

62 by Nanashi »»
May 15, 2022 6:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.