Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 2, 2017 1:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Preparing for the final exams...interesting.

Seems everyone wants to do well. Bakugo wants to prove he's better than Deku and Todoroki. Shots fired! The surprise for the exam is that the students have to face off against the teachers.

Bakugo and Deku teaming together against All Might though...I think that just spells out disaster lol. The action so far in these exam rounds are intense already!
Sep 2, 2017 1:54 AM

Jan 2012
Kinda odd to get some Midnight and Mt. Lady anime-original padding, but it was humorous and made sense in context so...why not? :D Anyway...before the students of 1-A can enjoy their summer camp they've still got finals! Written and Practical! It was pretty cute to see how each student ranked. Gotta love unreasonably cocky #9 ranked Mineta. :D Nice to see everyone so heavily relying on #1 ranked Momo and her genius intellect as well. While the written test is self-explanatory the practical remains something of a mystery. Will it be a battle against giant robots as 1-B suggests? No! It's actually a struggle against the teachers! As it turns out the students of 1-A need this special training, and they'll be paired up against a teacher 2 on 1. We've definitely got some interesting matchups, such as Todoroki and Momo vs. Aizawa. And the good news for Deku? He's facing All Might! That's not really good news you say? Well it's better than saying who his partner is! :D That's right, the obnoxious brat who hates his guts it's Bakugo! Good luck Young Midoriya, you're gonna need it! :D Also, interesting how they're handling these matches individually as opposed to simultaneously as in the manga...might help pad out the rest of the season better. Time to see how well Tokoyami and Tsuyu work together!
animefan8800Sep 2, 2017 2:55 AM
Sep 2, 2017 3:15 AM

Dec 2013
It was cool to have the rankings for all of the students.

It's definitely going to be tough fighting the teachers. Poor Kirishima and Sato got wiped out really quickly!

Midoriya vs All Might is going to be hype! Too bad that they are the last match.

I'm looking forward to Todoroki and Momo next week.

Momo was cute than usual in this episode!
Sep 2, 2017 3:19 AM
Jul 2014
animefan8800 said:
Kinda odd to get some Midnight and Mt. Lady anime-original padding, but it was humorous and made sense in context so...why not? :D Anyway...before the students of 1-A can enjoy their summer camp they've still got finals! Written and Practical! It was pretty cute to see how each student ranked. Gotta love unreasonably cocky #9 ranked Mineta. :D Nice to see everyone so heavily relying on #1 ranked Momo and her genius intellect as well. While the written test is self-explanatory the practical remains something of a mystery. Will it be a battle against giant robots as 1-B suggests? No! It's actually a struggle against the teachers! As it turns out the students of 1-A need this special training, and they'll be paired up against a teacher 2 on 1. We've definitely got some interesting matchups, such as Todoroki and Momo vs. Aizawa. And the good news for Deku? He's facing All Might! That's not really good news you say? Well it's better than saying who his partner is! :D That's right, the obnoxious brat who hates his guts it's Bakugo! Good luck Young Midoriya, you're gonna need it! :D Also, interesting how they're handling these matches individually as opposed to simultaneously as in the manga...might help pad out the rest of the season better. Time to see how well Tokoyami and Tsuyu work together!

It's not anime-original,they adapted it from the 3rd volume's extra content
Sep 2, 2017 3:22 AM

Jan 2012
ShimuraTenko said:
animefan8800 said:

It's not anime-original,they adapted it from the 3rd volume's extra content

Damnit, I was honestly wondering if there was extra content I was forgetting about...and I even own volume 3 too but haven't read it in months.
Sep 2, 2017 3:37 AM

Oct 2015
A pretty good episode. They covered a lot of material and characters. Though I think the animation was a bit better than it needed to be considering we only had 2 minutes of actual action. Hopefully its just as good when the action comes.

Sep 2, 2017 3:37 AM

Dec 2016
I'm so hyped for the next episode ! But i think the most waited fight (against all might)
will be episode 23-24 :/
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Sep 2, 2017 3:40 AM
Mar 2016
Looks like they're changing a few things from the manga. In the manga, all fights were going on at the same time while the anime does them in a order. I think this is a better solution as they probably aim to show all fights, even the ones that weren't shown in the manga.
Sep 2, 2017 3:48 AM

Feb 2013
I wanted more of that cat fight between Mt. Lady and Midnight.
Deku and Kacchan vs All Might!
Sep 2, 2017 4:05 AM

May 2010
lol Kirishima with dat "ORA ORA ORA!"
Sep 2, 2017 4:10 AM

Jan 2016
That JoJo refrence tho.............

Momo was adorable in this episode, Bones prolonging this arc a bit is a thing I don't mind at all. Pretty much everyone in the class is intresting in some way which makes it easier to watch "Not MC Based" episodes.
Sep 2, 2017 4:16 AM

Jan 2009
its finally here! All Might vs Deku and Bakugo will be hype to the max
Sep 2, 2017 4:36 AM

Jan 2015
Yes, more with MomoYao please. Get to know more about her after Tsuyu's part before. Too bad there's another thing more crucial than another episode of one student's daily life, which is for now the Final Exam.
Another chance watching Pro Hero in action.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Sep 2, 2017 4:51 AM
Aug 2016
I was thinking, what if Midoriya and Bakugo got paired up? Haha.... AND IT HAPPENED like I have mixed feelings about this. Mainly hoping Bakugo won't be too much of an ass as they both have excellent skill. Also, since Momo and Todoroki has been paired up, I'm preparing myself mentally for the ship.
Sep 2, 2017 4:53 AM

Jan 2009
Momo Yaoyoruzu is best girl but damn she is so rich that she seems out of reach
next episode will be some character focus on her
Sep 2, 2017 5:01 AM
May 2016
Momo is rich, highly intelligent, physically attractive. But why she is insecure and low self confidence?
Sep 2, 2017 5:02 AM
Jun 2015
There was a JoJo reference..

ORAORAORAORAORAORAORA
Sep 2, 2017 5:04 AM

Jun 2014
Interesting changes they're making compared to the manga, but this show has a great track record when it comes to anime-original changes so I don't mind.

I don't remember if Yaoyorozu's house was shown in the manga but damn, she's loaded. She's also smart, attractive, passionate about helping her friends learn.....could she be any more perfect? The answer is no.

Looks like they also decided to show each student-teacher fight individually instead of having them all happen at the same time. That should help fill up time for the last few episodes, and it should be nice to see some extra fights.

Can't wait to see Yaoyorozu have her time to shine next episode!
thebrentinator24Sep 2, 2017 5:07 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 2, 2017 5:07 AM

Jan 2009
mirzannabeel said:
Momo is rich, highly intelligent, physically attractive. But why she is insecure and low self confidence?

you will find out next episode since she is the focus next week

Sep 2, 2017 5:36 AM

Feb 2014
Momo was, to put it bluntly, was incredibly cute in this episode. Seeing her light up a thousand-watt smile when the other students wanted her help for the written exams made me smile. She definitely lives in a big mansion when there's a massive gate to the mansion in question and the study hall they used was huge as well.

However, I do worry for her in the upcoming practical exams. She must still be very low on her confidence after getting heavily defeated by Tokoyami in the sports festival, so with the episode title in mind, I hope that she can redeem herself and start to shine again and I'm sure Todoroki will help her with that too. =)

So we have Deku and Bakugo going up against All Might. That will be a VERY interesting battle. Both Deku and Bakugo might be strong individually, but I see Bakugo trying to do things his way and not work with Deku at all, so the battle will be much harder for the both of them. It'll be a long wait for their match though since they're the last team up in the exam. D=

Mineta, once again, is one cocky little bastard. His reaction to watching Mt Lady and Midnight have a cat-fight on a talk show was hilarious, as was his boasting face when he ranked 9th out of 20 in the mid-terms. XD

Great episode once again and I'm hoping that Tokoyami and Tsuyu can win their match as well. =)
Sep 2, 2017 5:40 AM

May 2012
Momo, stop being so cute.

I liked seeing how everyone studies this episode. Bakugou's studying session was still as intense as ever.

Cool episode, was looking forward to these fights.

Sep 2, 2017 5:42 AM

Jul 2015
Momo is criminally cute.

2 vs a teacher is a cool idea, I hope they do all the fights.
Sep 2, 2017 5:49 AM

Dec 2015
Great Episode!

- Looks like Studio Bones added the omakes! Mount Lady and Midnight at the talk show!, Momo and the other student's study session! and even the Bakugou tutoring Kirishima! that's a nice touch Bones! Bravo!

-Really interesting to see the student's rankings! Momo is adorable in this episode! Mineta getting cocky with his rankings though!
Edit: so no one's gonna talk about Tsuyu ranking #6? behind the rest of the so called top students? and one rank below todo? well I didn't expect that, she doesn't strike me as the smart type. XD

- Deku and Bakugou would be a pain in the ass for sure. added to that they're both fighting up against All might! the no. 1 hero, damn this gonna be intense!
But I'm hella excited to see this Worst wonder duo working together!

-I'm actually glad they changed the order of the matches! The matches in the manga jumped from one team to another, and with this format the student's matches have more focus and ofcourse they would want to save the best for the last!

-I'm sad to see Kirishima and Sato failing the practical exams!
Next ep Tsuyu & Tokoyami! and Todomomo! can't wait!

Plus ultra
QueenSapphireSep 3, 2017 1:47 AM
Sep 2, 2017 6:15 AM

Dec 2015
Those little things on the screen that say what quirk each student has is getting pretty annoying...

Oh this is so awesome!! Students vs teachers! Can't wait for the next episode!!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Sep 2, 2017 6:18 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode as always, love how Bones added all the extra content.

The Mt.Lady and Midnight cat fight with Mineta's reaction was absolutely glorious. xD

Fun seeing all the class ranks for the mid term, so who didn't expect Bakugou be third? :3

Momo was incredibly adorable this episode with how she was having so much fun <3
Damn, her house is huge though.

Final exams are finally underway, this is gonna be an exciting arc.
I'm glad they decided to use the manga chapter name for the next episode. Yaoyorozu Rising is gonna be a glorious.
Plus Ultra!
Sep 2, 2017 6:20 AM

May 2017
Momo is probably creating and shitting gold bricks and diamonds in her free time Lol

this arc is boring and predictable, I can already see how generic and predictable fight #10 will be
LairucremSep 2, 2017 6:26 AM
Sep 2, 2017 6:48 AM
Mar 2016
World_Creator said:
Momo is probably creating and shitting gold bricks and diamonds in her free time Lol

this arc is boring and predictable, I can already see how generic and predictable fight #10 will be

That makes me interested as a manga reader. Can you tell me what you predict the fight to look like? I won't tell you if you end up right or wrong. Just want to know how accurate a non manga reader can predict it.
Sep 2, 2017 6:59 AM

Jul 2013
All Might says Aizawa is very perceptive because he realized Deku and Bakugou are in bad terms. Lmao, it's not like if Bakugou is always insulting Deku everytime or anything.

Hyped as Hell for the upcoming fights, especially the ones against Aizawa and All Might. Also, the teacher who is going to fight Tsuyu and Tokoyami looks really cool.
Sep 2, 2017 7:02 AM

Aug 2013
Who would have thought that Mineta was clever.

Momo was adorable.

Students fighting against teachers.

Sep 2, 2017 7:08 AM

Dec 2015
God I hate Mineta, just die already you creepy useless loser.

Kinda dull episode, the only good part was Cementoss vs the other two and that still was a little lackluster. Oh well, at least next episode we get frog girl and bird boy vs ...who was this guy again? what was his quirk?
Sep 2, 2017 7:20 AM
Jun 2017
I wish we coulda threw out the beginning part in return for more of tokoyami and froppy vs te ghost dude
Sep 2, 2017 7:52 AM

May 2017
TheEnhancedExe said:
World_Creator said:

That makes me interested as a manga reader. Can you tell me what you predict the fight to look like? I won't tell you if you end up right or wrong. Just want to know how accurate a non manga reader can predict it.

Well, drama is obviously coming, Bakuro's childishness is getting worse, he's gonna go solo mode, while Deku will be your typical understanding "matured" classmate, Deku will let Bakugo do what he wants for some time and then constantly tries to talk him in into teamwork, a temporary teamwork, Deku will succeed and talks how he is his friend/rival/whatever *childhood flashbacks* Bakugo will get angry as usual coz superiority complex, Deku will finally succeed in his talk no jutsu bcoz Bakugo had realized how genuine Deku is and his stubbornness and perseverance and effort will finally convince Bakugo (nobody can really resist the effort of a shounen protagonist) and the fight ensues Deku will obviously come up with allmight's weakness coz he's a fan since ever, but it will fail by an inch coz y'know he's your "symbol of peace" and all

Tell me if I'm right, hide in spoiler

If I know all the quirks of all the teachers, and the line up which I didn't bother remembering, id predict those too

Anyways about Momo and Shouto vs Aizawa

Aizawa will obviously only use his quirk on Todoroki the whole fight and not bother with Momo's quirk, she wouldn't be able to keep up with the two but Todoroki will encourage her and tell her to trust herself and will be able to capture Aizawa
Sep 2, 2017 7:56 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
The format of this arc is really different from the manga. In the manga, all of the fights were happening at the same time, and they jump back and forth between the fights. In the anime, they're doing it one by one. So we won't get Midoriya and Bakugou vs. All Might until episode 24, which is a bummer. Still, it was a good episode. Momo was adorable and Kirishima's ORA ORA ORA was solid, lol XD

4/5
Sep 2, 2017 7:58 AM

Jun 2015
Midnight and Mt. Lady bickering was pretty funny. Mineta was having a great time watching them. Everyone prepared for the final exams. Momo has a nice house. She was cute in this episode. I'm glad she's willing to help her fellow students. The practical exams are going to be tough. Instead of fighting robots, they are going to fight against the teachers. Poor Kirishima and Sato got wrecked really quickly. Bakugo and Deku teaming together against All Might is going to be interesting. Looking forward to see Tokoyami and Tsuyu work together against Ectoplasm.
Sep 2, 2017 7:58 AM
Nov 2016
So this is the start of the final exam arc.

Interesting team ups, Deku and Bakugo are basically fighting against themselves and now they have to fight against All might.

Todoroki and Momo team up and pretty much everyone is going to ship them.
Sep 2, 2017 8:23 AM

Dec 2013
Hrm... and here I was expecting we'd see the training camp, but the rate this is going, we're not going to get into the meat of that arc no matter what we do, not unless they speed up the current exams for each pairing.

Not sure how I feel about that....
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 2, 2017 8:24 AM

Jun 2017
I loved it! Worth the two week wait. I am exited to see what happens next now lol
Sep 2, 2017 8:38 AM

Jan 2014
The Todoroki x Momo ship thooooooooooooo

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Sep 2, 2017 9:06 AM

Mar 2015
ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

The ending cutscene with Tokoyami and Asui should've ended with Roundabout....

mirzannabeel said:

Because she was wrecked by Tokoyami in the sports competition. She was knocked out of the ring before she knew it.
“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete..." -Alphonse Elric

"Then and now, what I protect has never changed!" -Sakata Gintoki

I'll take anything like The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Anything as good as that.
Sep 2, 2017 9:28 AM
Jul 2018
Not gonna try to assert my dominance over anime-only fans but daaang this character development tho

Can't wait for Todo and Momo's fight against Aizawa (✧∀✧)
I'm glad they're taking time with some of the less important fights, it builds up hype and anticipation for Baku and Deku vs All Might :D
Sep 2, 2017 9:31 AM

Jun 2008
World_Creator said:
Well, drama is obviously coming, Bakuro's childishness is getting worse, he's gonna go solo mode, while Deku will be your typical understanding "matured" classmate, Deku will let Bakugo do what he wants for some time and then constantly tries to talk him in into teamwork, a temporary teamwork, Deku will succeed and talks how he is his friend/rival/whatever *childhood flashbacks* Bakugo will get angry as usual coz superiority complex, Deku will finally succeed in his talk no jutsu bcoz Bakugo had realized how genuine Deku is and his stubbornness and perseverance and effort will finally convince Bakugo (nobody can really resist the effort of a shounen protagonist) and the fight ensues Deku will obviously come up with allmight's weakness coz he's a fan since ever, but it will fail by an inch coz y'know he's your "symbol of peace" and all

Half-right Half wrong, not going to point out which one is right/wrong

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Sep 2, 2017 9:36 AM

Jun 2010
World_Creator said:
TheEnhancedExe said:

If I know all the quirks of all the teachers, and the line up which I didn't bother remembering, id predict those too

Aizawa will obviously only use his quirk on Todoroki the whole fight and not bother with Momo's quirk, she wouldn't be able to keep up with the two but Todoroki will encourage her and tell her to trust herself and will be able to capture Aizawa

I didn't read Manga or anything but I don't think this is how it's gonna be. You gotta get better at predicting cliches tbh.
Sep 2, 2017 9:43 AM

Jun 2016
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! THIS EPISODE ENDED SO FAAAAST. NOOOOO! I swear BnHA's got one of those EDs you don't want to skip because it's just sooo good. <3

In just a matter of minutes, we already received our Minetta being a hentai dosage. Hahaha! And what the fuck is that TV show segment? Haha that was glorious! Jesus, Minetta! And goddamn he got the top 9 in their midterms? Holy shit, Minetta! Omedetou fucking gozaimasu! Hahaha.

"Yao-momo" Omfg that nickname's so cute and fits her so well. I just realized how cute Yaoyorozu is. Wtf. <3 Them adoring her, though. Kyaaaa!

Is it just me who find Todoroki chewing his food so fucking kawaii? Omfg help! Hahaha! And is it just me who's bothered by Toru eating her food then it just disappears outta nowhere? Haha. And ohmygod my best girls sitting beside each other: Uraraka and Asui. <3

Hajimemashite, Kendo-chan! We meet another good student from Class B. :3 And I missed Deku muttering words, though. A LOT!

"Bakugo has gotten worse than I thought". Idk those words made me so sad. I wonder if there's a key to make Bakugo cool his head towards Deku. :/

Holy shit. Yao-momo's 'mansion'. Byeeeee!

GANBATTE, MINNA! Cheering for my babies next episode. This is probably their hardest practical exam EVER. Fighting their own teachers? Goddamn. Can't wait for the next episode.

AND PLEASE TELL ME I'M NOT ALONE IN THIS, BUT I'M STARTING TO SHIP YAO-MOMO AND TODOROKI. THEY LOOK GOOD TOGETHER IN THE PREVIEW. HELP!

AND CAN SOMEONE PLEASE CALM MINETTA'S LIBIDO DOWN? HAHAHA. FUCKING LOVE THAT COMIC RELIEF! <3

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Sep 2, 2017 9:44 AM
Mar 2016
World_Creator said:
TheEnhancedExe said:

Just wanted to write the same thing as @kaimax.
Sep 2, 2017 9:56 AM

Apr 2017
Lmao that jojo's reference
Ah i see a lot of things are different from the manga, i think it's pretty neat to make one fight after another
4/5

Sep 2, 2017 9:57 AM

Aug 2016
I can't take this anymore.. I wish there were 100+ more episodes out already. I have to catch up with the Manga.. NOW!

Edit: Also that All Might Entrance gave me goosebumps. I'm pretty sure Deku and Kacchan are gonna do terrible as a team though. Maybe Deku will find a way to make use of it!
Sep 2, 2017 9:57 AM

May 2017
Victra said:
World_Creator said:

I didn't read Manga or anything but I don't think this is how it's gonna be. You gotta get better at predicting cliches tbh.

How do you figure, when you just said you yourself didn't read the manga too
Sep 2, 2017 10:46 AM

Mar 2016
Okay why did little grape Boi (mineta) get the opening scene!

Okay so their preparing for final exams. Since there is only twenty of them if I got the lowest score it wouldn't feel so bad since I could have still gotten a good score... unlike with the entire grades class posted if you were to be on the bottom it propbably would mean you got a horrible score...

^ so don't freak electrical Boi and alien queen... :)
Bakugo x Deku x All Might :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 2, 2017 11:48 AM

Nov 2016
Very nice and relaxed episode, looking forward to the upcoming fights.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 2, 2017 11:49 AM
Dec 2016
hmm the final practicial exams are tournament like too... a lot of people deffinitely not like this way of coming....but ireally like this kind of stuff...Deku and Bakugou will be crushed very badly
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2017

238 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 18, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

194 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 18, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 13, 2017

185 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 16, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2017

187 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 16, 5:27 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2017

180 by PapaChub »»
Apr 15, 7:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.